Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does anyone here think that Mitt Romney would make a good President?

Not trying to start any wars, just asking for honest opinions.

by Anonymousreply 10711/06/2012

Just the fact that he disappeared during the "debt ceiling" nightmare and only come out after the fact to trash the deal, shows what kind of a person he is...

The ONLY Republican candidate I would even consider voting for would be Jon Huntsman.

But I won't, I will be voting for Obama, again.

by Anonymousreply 108/06/2011

1. Daddy's boy

2. puppet of a hideous cult

3. puppet of secretive industry.

4. million dollar mystery donors.

5. greasy hair

6. Mor(m)on

7. did i mention Mor(m)on?

8. liar

9. flipflopper

10. lying flipflopping hypocritical rightwing puppet cult member.

by Anonymousreply 208/06/2011

If he's elected, Mormons will be even more emboldened in their campaign against gay people. That and I think he's fake.

by Anonymousreply 308/06/2011

Two words: magic underwear.

by Anonymousreply 408/06/2011

He was born in to privilege and despite that, he has no backbone - he takes whatever position he's told by the behind-the-scenes Republican leadership. No good would come of a Romney presidency.

by Anonymousreply 508/06/2011

The economy is in the toilet, and the American public thinks he can do a better job turning things around than Obama.

by Anonymousreply 608/06/2011

Romney would kind of be like Ronald Reagan without the Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 708/06/2011

Just no.

by Anonymousreply 808/06/2011

No

by Anonymousreply 908/06/2011

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1008/06/2011

Did not vote for him when he ran for Senator nor for Governor.

Slimy.

by Anonymousreply 1108/06/2011

No. And not Huntsman, either. No.

by Anonymousreply 1208/06/2011

He's going to legalize polygamy with children! He's going to legalize child rape!

by Anonymousreply 1308/06/2011

Absolutely not.

by Anonymousreply 1408/06/2011

"the American public thinks"

that's only part of your stupid post.

by Anonymousreply 1508/06/2011

As a Massachusetts resident, who lived through his "administration" as Governor, I can say from first-hand experience, that NO, he would NOT make a good President......

by Anonymousreply 1608/06/2011

Even if you're a Republican - he has no spine and would do whatever the worst whackjobs in the Tea Party wanted him to pull if that was what he thought he needed to get re-elected

by Anonymousreply 1708/06/2011

What is interesting is that his father--who also ran for the Republican nomination in 1968--was one of the Republican "moderates" who had an appeal to independents and liberals in MI in the 60's. The father actually accomplished something; however, the son is all bells and whistles. The health care in MA was actually the work of the Democrats and Romney signed on since he knew what would happen if he did not (defeat). You also have the Olympics, which is a subject that the media fails to look at more closely.%0D %0D What I love is that Bachman and Paul will finish strong in IA and that will throw the GOP into a frenzy. Lol. The punishment fits the crime.

by Anonymousreply 1808/06/2011

Are you NUTS??

by Anonymousreply 1908/06/2011

Would you vote for anyone believing the truth of this (in most civilized countries people like that would be institutionalized)?

by Anonymousreply 2208/06/2011

Though he would never get my vote, he would know how to control the Rethuglicans in Congress and wouldn't sit around for a year while waiting for a consensus with the Democrats. He would have enough smarts to never expect help from Democrats. I doubt if he'll get the Pubbie nomination. The Religious Reich won't support anyone in the Mormon cult.

by Anonymousreply 2308/06/2011

He's from Massachusetts and was for healthcare for all in that state. I'm pretty sure he won't try to repeal healthcare which makes him my fav republican.

by Anonymousreply 2408/06/2011

[quote](Do you bitches think Kennedy was a terrible president simply because he was Catholic?)

Funny, R21 but I don't recall any Catholic interference with our fledgling rights back in the 60s and I certainly don't recall any Catholic backing of denial of our rights.

by Anonymousreply 2508/06/2011

R22, I don't think the Book of Mormon is any more or less a ridiculous fairy tale than the Old Testament. (And it makes for a *fabulous* musical!)

by Anonymousreply 2608/06/2011

Funny, R25, I don't recall the Mormon church having a BILLION members who follow every single dictum of an extreme-right-wing ex-Nazi who doesn't appear to have much of an issue with choir-boy molestation.

by Anonymousreply 2708/06/2011

[quote]Funny, [R25], I don't recall the Mormon church having a BILLION members who follow every single dictum of an extreme-right-wing ex-Nazi who doesn't appear to have much of an issue with choir-boy molestation.

Are you excusing the Mormon church's involvement in Prop 8 R27?

They didn't NEED a billion members to show hate and prejudice.

It was there front and center.

by Anonymousreply 2808/06/2011

I thinks he's gorgeous and lovely eye candy, total dilf. But I will never vote for him in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 2908/06/2011

I would never vote for him, but can I watch him get it on with Scott Brown?

by Anonymousreply 3008/06/2011

Trollin', trollin', trollin'

by Anonymousreply 3108/06/2011

R30 you and me fantasize alike.

by Anonymousreply 3308/06/2011

I'm with r21. I will vote for Obama, but Romney would make a much better president than McCain would have.

by Anonymousreply 3408/06/2011

[quote]Are you excusing the Mormon church's involvement in Prop 8 R27?

No, but I wouldn't hold Mitt Romney personally accountable for it any more than I would hold a Catholic individually accountable for noxious thing Pope Benedict states. And while Catholics may not have played an active role in fighting against gay rights back in the '60s, particularly considering that the concept basically didn't exist pre-Stonewall given how hidden gay life was at the time, they sure as shit do now -- and Catholics have A LOT more power, both domestically and globally, than the Mormon church, even if Mormons happened to play a greater role in the Prop 8 vote.

by Anonymousreply 3508/06/2011

R27 does the term "faith based initiative" ring a bell?

Bush brought that into his administration and I firmly believe that Romney would bring in something just like it if he gets into the White House.

Obama's a christian but he's not walking around wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross like Bush did.

by Anonymousreply 3608/06/2011

[quote]Catholics have A LOT more power, both domestically and globally, than the Mormon church,%0D %0D Heh! Tell that to the people in Spain who totally ignored the Pope's message to not legalize gay marriage.%0D %0D Tell that the the people of Malta who recently approved divorce and told the Pope to shove it!

by Anonymousreply 3708/06/2011

After what he did to his Irish Setter, I don't want him making any kind of decisions. %0D %0D Dumb-ass bastard.

by Anonymousreply 3908/06/2011

[quote]Bush brought that into his administration and I firmly believe that Romney would bring in something just like it if he gets into the White House.

Are you kidding? He's trying to avoid the subject of his religion like the fucking plague! Like I said earlier, one of things I appreciate about Romney is that he DOESN'T act like a Bachmann or Perry (or Bush) when it comes to religion.

by Anonymousreply 4008/06/2011

[quote]Tell that to the people in Spain who totally ignored the Pope's message to not legalize gay marriage.

You're trying to use this argument against the man who was governor of Massachusetts when it legalized gay marriage?

by Anonymousreply 4108/06/2011

[quote]Are you kidding? He's trying to avoid the subject of his religion like the fucking plague! Like I said earlier, one of things I appreciate about Romney is that he DOESN'T act like a Bachmann or Perry (or Bush) when it comes to religion.

Yeah. Till he gets into office.

by Anonymousreply 4208/06/2011

[quote]Yeah. Till he gets into office.

Um, yeah, I'm sure he'd gain LOTS of positive attention highlighting his Mormonism, and it'd be SURE to make his re-election prospects golden!

by Anonymousreply 4308/06/2011

Mitt was trashing Obama over the S&P downgrade last night. Romney has done NOTHING of note and had nothing to say when everything was happening and now he thinks he can step in and start shit. He's a NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 4408/06/2011

I suppose anything is possible, OP, but the question I have is why does making oneself wealthy in the private sector automatically give him the belief that it makes him an expert on how to manage the world's biggest economy?

by Anonymousreply 4508/06/2011

[quote]and it'd be SURE to make his re-election prospects golden

Re-election? You're projecting to 2016? Can you even imagine how much damage that man could do in four years to us 2012-2016? Four years of that oppressive cult mindset and this country won't exist in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 4608/06/2011

...BOMBSHELL, C. Everett Koop is jerking off on Cam4 right now, really. ...will some start a thread for me? tia. fwiw, his profile states he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 4708/06/2011

[quote]Romney has done NOTHING of note

You mean aside from turning around Bain Consulting during a time of crisis, launching and running Bain Capital (which now manages $65 billion in assets), and presiding over the Massachusetts state government when it both legalized gay marriage AND passed universal health care? As the noxious George W. Bush would say: that dog don't hunt. If you want to pick on a talentless Rethuglican, try Rick Perry (the Texas governor's seat is a largely honorary role with about as much actual legislative power as the British monarchy; the lieutenant governor holds all the real power there) or Michele Bachmann, undistinguished low-ranking House representative who calls global warming a hoax, believes you can "pray away the gay" and hasn't gotten a single piece of substantive legislation passed.

by Anonymousreply 4808/06/2011

[quote]You're trying to use this argument against the man who was governor of Massachusetts when it legalized gay marriage?%0D %0D %0D No Dummy. I'm replying to the idiot @ r35 who thinks the Catholic Church has power over the thinking and attitudes of the members of that Church. The Mormons are rolling in dough while Catholic parishes are shutting down all around the globe. Were you unable to comprehend the quote in the box r41?

by Anonymousreply 4908/06/2011

[quote]The Mormons are rolling in dough while Catholic parishes are shutting down all around the globe.

Oh, please. Most Mormons aren't "rolling in dough." That's about as ridiculous (and prejudiced) as arguing that "all Jews are rich" simply because they happen to have a small clique of wealthy donors with enough political clout to dominate our stance on Israel.

by Anonymousreply 5008/06/2011

[quote]The Mormons are rolling in dough while Catholic parishes are shutting down all around the globe.%0D %0D You're kidding I hope. The Catholic Church's wealth makes the Mormons look like paupers.

by Anonymousreply 5108/06/2011

His record in Massachusetts was, to put it charitably, less than impressive. And given the drivel he's been babbling on the campaign trail, no, I don't think he would make a good President. And that's not even counting things like the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 5208/06/2011

[quote]The Mormons are rolling in dough while Catholic parishes are shutting down all around the globe.

That's because the Mormon church built itself as a business from the outset and always puts money first. Ever see a Mormon church run elementary or high school in the US? Of course not. They're not profitable. The Catholics haven't figured this out yet.

by Anonymousreply 5308/06/2011

Americans love white daddy figures who come from money, so on that alone Romney has a chance.

by Anonymousreply 5408/07/2011

R21, 41, 43, 50, etc, basically the resident GOProud on this thread, thanks for proving the truth that a duplicitous gay republican can't get through the day without a lot of pointless rationalizations.

Do you also use Brylcreem like your Romulan?

by Anonymousreply 5508/07/2011

[quote]Americans love white daddy figures who come from money, so on that alone Romney has a chance.

If that's true, then Romney is sure to be defeated by Jon Huntsman, who was born and raised into one of the wealthiest families in America (and I believe the single-wealthiest Mormon family - the Huntsmans are worth billions and own half of Utah). Hell, their compound in Park City alone recently sold for close to $100 million, owing to its unparalleled size -- "only" 60 acres, but that's an awful lot in an area where half-acre lots routinely sell for a mil and up -- and proximity to the Deer Valley ski resort.

by Anonymousreply 5608/07/2011

[quote]R21. 41, 43, 50, etc, basically the resident GOProud on this thread

Ha! You bitches really are deluded sometimes. The only Republican I've EVER voted for was Bloomberg for mayor (before he went independent, of course). My presidential voting record is 100% Democratic: Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama. Sorry if I actually take the time to *research* the opposition, even if what I find doesn't fit with your wishful-thinking belief that all Republicans are idiotic rich kids (Bush) or cunts (Palin) from oil-loving states. In this case, it just so happens that the two least odious, as well as accomplished, GOP candidates for next year's election are both Mormons -- one of whom was nominated as our ambassador to China, arguably the most important ambassadorship of all in today's world, by none other than President Obama himself.

by Anonymousreply 5708/07/2011

The answer to your question is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5808/07/2011

R57, so why didn't you "research" Romney's former time in office, particularly when it came to economic issues and jobs, his supposed strength? Or check with Massachusetts residents to see if they actually want him back? Or "research" what Romney has been claiming and promising on the campaign trail, almost all of which has been false, idiotic, or both.

As for Huntsman, he actually does have a decent record but he's proving to be a lousy campaigner. Romney is killing him even in Huntsman's home state of Utah. And Huntsman is off to a rotten start, totally flubbing the announcement that he was running, unable to control the fights and defections amongst his campaign staff, little money coming in, and no traction in the polls.

And both Huntsman and Romney have totally abandoned their supposed centrist credentials to become babbling Tea Partyists.

by Anonymousreply 5908/07/2011

R40 has a point. Romney may be LESS likely than Bush to bring religion into the White House because he would be afraid of people accusing him of being a puppet for the Mormon Church. He would not want to risk defeat by coming across as too religious.

by Anonymousreply 6008/07/2011

57 (etc, prevous), clicking on your posts - every other one on this thread, almost, proves a sea of yellow from your busy little stubby hands.

You post a lot of positive things and dismissive blather about any criticism of someone you claim to never support.

by Anonymousreply 6108/07/2011

" the man who was governor of Massachusetts when it legalized gay marriage?"

What the fuck did he have to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 6208/07/2011

[quote]R57, so why didn't you "research" Romney's former time in office, particularly when it came to economic issues and jobs, his supposed strength?

Um, I did. The man's not perfect, and I certainly never appreciated his efforts to deride same-sex marriage even after it became law in MA, but as a whole his record's a hell of a lot stronger than that of nearly everyone else gunning for the GOP nomination.

[quote]Or check with Massachusetts residents to see if they actually want him back?

The same ones who picked a Republican to fill Ted Kennedy's seat, eliminating the Democrats' supermajority in the Senate in the process? I'll pass, thanks.

[quote]Or "research" what Romney has been claiming and promising on the campaign trail, almost all of which has been false, idiotic, or both.

Did you miss the part in my original comment on this thread (R21) where I specifically called Romney out on his "desperate flip-flopping" and "ridiculous posturing" on the campaign trail?

by Anonymousreply 6308/07/2011

"the man who was governor of Massachusetts when it legalized gay marriage"

Which he opposed and tried to stop!

by Anonymousreply 6408/07/2011

There is absolutely no way he could be president without Mormons covering DC like algae on river rocks. Those motherfuckers are a systemic cancer.

by Anonymousreply 6508/07/2011

IWFHH. B.

by Anonymousreply 6608/07/2011

R66 = Sen. Lindsey Graham

by Anonymousreply 6708/07/2011

OP,%0D %0D You should use your own imagination. %0D %0D It won't be the reality.

by Anonymousreply 6808/07/2011

[quote]Um, I did.

Really? So what's his record on jobs and the economy? Strange that with all this "research" and all your posts on this thread, you've not really provided any information on that. It seems to me to be relevant, giving that you're claiming he's a "smart businessman" who would be an "asset" in times of "economic crises and near-certainty of a double-dip recession." How did he do in Massachusetts? How many jobs did he create? What effect would the policies he's advocating today have on the economy?

[quote]The man's not perfect, and I certainly never appreciated his efforts to deride same-sex marriage even after it became law

So why did you give him credit for the fact that that law passed while he was governor?

[quote]but as a whole his record's a hell of a lot stronger than that of nearly everyone else gunning for the GOP nomination.

Talk about damning with faint praise...

[quote]The same ones who picked a Republican to fill Ted Kennedy's seat, eliminating the Democrats' supermajority in the Senate in the process? I'll pass, thanks.

LOL... Talk about a pathetic attempt to change the subject. You just can't bring yourself to admit that he was a lousy governor who'd make a lousy President. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 6908/07/2011

Yes. If the prospect of being rounded up into a "re-education" camp gets you off OP

by Anonymousreply 7008/07/2011

[quote]So what's his record on jobs and the economy?

The MA economy improved dramatically during his tenure -- but, then, so did the rest of the U.S., so one can't necessarily attribute that to Romney. He did, however, successfully eliminate the state's projected $3 billion budget deficit shortly after his election, through a combination of cuts and tax increases (albeit in the form of "fees"), and he led the effort to turn around Boston's Big Dig project after its infamous ceiling collapse accident. Please tell me you're not trying to assail his business record, considering he rose through the ranks over 20 years at Bain and ultimately not only became its CEO, but also launched an entire spinoff division on his own. The *only* other prominent Republican politician in the country with more solid of an actual CEO background is Mike Bloomberg.

[quote]So why did you give him credit for the fact that that law passed while he was governor?

I misspoke. I apologize.

[quote]LOL... Talk about a pathetic attempt to change the subject. You just can't bring yourself to admit that he was a lousy governor who'd make a lousy President. Why is that?

Because he wasn't a lousy governor, by any rational, unbiased standpoint, and most likely wouldn't be a lousy president. My point was that the people of Massachusetts are clearly rather capricious in their opinions. The fact that they wouldn't re-elect Romney now -- particularly since he's flip-flopped, at least on the campaign trail in order to avoid Tea Party flak, on nearly all of the best things he did as governor, most specifically universal health coverage in MA -- is not necessarily a reflection on the job he did then.

by Anonymousreply 7108/07/2011

the Great Equivocator Romney Fan has spake!

by Anonymousreply 7208/07/2011

[quote]The MA economy improved dramatically during his tenure

Not really. And I note that you are, once again, carefully omitting his record on job creation. Free hint: it really sucked. As in near worst-in-the-nation sucked.

[quote]He did, however, successfully eliminate the state's projected $3 billion budget deficit

That is his claim. The reality is, though, that it was actually half that. And of the remainder, half of that was removed by the simple expedient of dipping into the rainy day fund.

[quote]through a combination of cuts and tax increases (albeit in the form of "fees")

And that is, in fact, another of Romney's problems. He raised half a billion dollars in new fees while simultaneously piously declaiming that he had not raised taxes. Not to mention advocating severe cuts while simultaneously trying to reduce the income tax rate on millionaires (gee, where have we heard that before?).

[quote]and he led the effort to turn around Boston's Big Dig project after its infamous ceiling collapse accident.

You might want to do a little more "research" on that, as Romney's administration is implicated in the process that led to that accident.

[quote]Please tell me you're not trying to assail his business record, considering he rose through the ranks over 20 years at Bain and ultimately not only became its CEO, but also launched an entire spinoff division on his own.

Let's talk about job creation, shall we? Since that is, after all, what Romney's prime talking point seems to be. Let's just say that Bain Capital was not known for that particular task. In fact, the opposite was the case.

[quote]The *only* other prominent Republican politician in the country with more solid of an actual CEO background is Mike Bloomberg.

And the correlation between success as a CEO and success as a President is what, exactly?

[quote]Because he wasn't a lousy governor, by any rational, unbiased standpoint

Actually, yeah, he kinda was. Like many CEOs who try politics, he proved to be not very good at it, as he continued to want to call the shots. He had frequent bitter fights with the state legislature and was never able to develop a successful working relationship with them. And no, it wasn't because he was a Republican, as Weld didn't have these kinds of problems. In fact, Romney did his best to stack the deck in his favor, spending $3 million and vigorously campaigning to oust Democratic members of the legislature, an effort that led to state Republicans having two *fewer* seats than before.

[quote]and most likely wouldn't be a lousy president.

Based on his campaign promises, yes, he would, in fact, be a lousy President.

[quote]My point was that the people of Massachusetts are clearly rather capricious in their opinions.

And yet, you have provided no evidence to support that assertion. Yes, they elected Brown. So? That just means that they elect the man rather than the party, which isn't exactly "capricious." They elected Weld and then Romney, with the latter proving to be extremely unpopular because he was not, in fact, a very good governor. Deal with it.

Oh, and next time you "research" a Presidential candidate's record, don't just look at their press releases.

by Anonymousreply 7308/08/2011

Aw, now that's just sad.

by Anonymousreply 7510/24/2012

R74, you actually think overseas is 2 words?

by Anonymousreply 7610/24/2012

Your thought process is broken, R74. See someone to get it fixed.

by Anonymousreply 7710/24/2012

No, but a terrific anti Christ

by Anonymousreply 7810/24/2012

Big Business, Big Religion, Big Lies. Mormons everywhere, telling us how to live. Very uncreative, blinkered, patriarchal, and narrow people running things.

by Anonymousreply 7910/24/2012

This thread was attempted here, OP. But there were no serious takers.

by Anonymousreply 8010/24/2012

If you call neglect of the environment, cutting taxes for the rich, starting wars based on bald-faced lies (and Romney is good at baldfaced lying and flip flopping), cutting programs designed to help poor and lower middle income people and letting alliances and American diplomacy go to shit good things, then yes, Romney would be greater than any other president there has been except for George W Bush, IF you can say he was president; Bush started with a surplus achieved by the Clinton administration and squandered it in a matter of what, 2 years? The lion's share went to the rich; the late Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, despite his being a homophobe did call it right when he said that the Bush Regime was the biggest cash and carry scheme ever in American history. And you'll just get more of the same with Romney. Obama is trying to get back to the balanced budget and hopefully surplus of the Clinton years after a near Depression caused by the Dubya crowd. If you truly want Depression just vote for Romney. And after he's in let me know how all those "faith-based" government disbursements, this time led by the Mormons, are working for you.

by Anonymousreply 8110/25/2012

I mean, other than shorting US dollar, shipping jobs abroad, hiding assets, and gambling with other people's money (which is basically what hedge funds do), what exactly has he done that showcases his business acumen?

by Anonymousreply 8310/29/2012

I so dislike Romney that I voted for Newt Gingrich in the primary (I'm a registered Republican).

When I heard that the Des Moines Register endorsed Mitt Romney -- "the first time they had endorsed a Republican for President since Richard M. Nixon" -- I thought, "Really?! Nixon? I wonder what Romney and Nixon could have in common."

I really don't want to find out. Obama 2012

by Anonymousreply 8410/29/2012

Seriously R82? Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 8510/29/2012

Well, let's look at his past performance:

BAIN Capital - Successfully built and ran a business that resurrected MANY nationwaide companies, including Staples and Sports Authority.

As Governor, he ran Massachusetts within smart budgets after total financial failure of his predecessor. He worked with a Dem majority to institute health care reform AT THE STATE LEVEL, W/O TAX INCREASES!

He got Mass. schools performing THE BEST IN THE USA, and they remain there today!

He RESCUED the Olympics after mismanagement began to cause the USA EMBARRASSMENT!

On top of ALL THIS, he picks Paul Ryan, A MATHMATICAL, BOOKKEEPING GENIOUS to help with the correction of our federal mismanagement.

Can ANYBODY think of a BETTER candidate to save us from the fiscal cliff approaching? The devaluing of the dollar?

Does anybody here think surrendering our national security to ANYBODY is acceptable???

by Anonymousreply 8711/05/2012

He would be a far, far worse president than even Dubbya. He doesn't have the patience or temperment for the position. He's arrogant, elitist, self-absorbed, and completely out of touch. He's been an utter embarassment and failure on the international stage. He was a failure as Governor of MA. And he has no concept that running a country is nothing at all like running a business (let alone the fact that his experience as a "businessman" is primarily as a vulture capitalist).

by Anonymousreply 8811/05/2012

R87 is delusional, spewing utter distortions as "fact", mistaking correlation for causation at best, outright lying at worst.

(the notion of Paul Ryan as a bookkeeping genius almost made me choke... that HAS to be a parody, given how ridiculous all his budget proposals are, and his central role in the ridiculous brinksmanship over the debt ceiling a year ago which directly caused the degrating of our credit rating)

R87, I can think of DOZENS of people who are better than Romney/Ryan ... probably hundreds. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to think of many people WORSE than Romney/Ryan to deal with the problems this country still has.

by Anonymousreply 8911/05/2012

I'm assuming R86 is a parody post. Nobody could be that fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 9011/05/2012

He appears to become easily bored and would soon tire of the demands of being President. He would hand off the actual act of governing to Ryan. I can't even imagine him enjoying state dinners or entertaining heads of state. Foreign policy would be disastrous. It would be a nightmare from which we might never wake.

by Anonymousreply 9111/05/2012

We need a little freewheeling business, oil-drilling, coal mining and just plain moneymaking for a few years. Screw the poor, the whiners and the greens for awhile so we can a least get back on our feet. Then, we can resume dancing our way to la-la land again. Romney will leave business alone and hopefully get rid of about 30% of the government.

by Anonymousreply 9211/05/2012

In a word, NO.

by Anonymousreply 9311/05/2012

I love the smell of freeper meltdowns in the morning!

by Anonymousreply 9411/05/2012

I don't believe Romney would make a good president at all, due to his obvious arrogance and inflexibility. He's paranoid, cold and strange-a poor man's Richard Nixon.

But even if I did think Romney would be an OK president, there is NO way I would vote for someone who has Paul Ryan as their next in line. Especially when you just know that Romney would end up having to resign for some ethics violation sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 9511/05/2012

No.

by Anonymousreply 9611/05/2012

He is Satan, r97.

by Anonymousreply 9811/06/2012

Sure Mitt has grand kids who'll inherit the country. No question they'll be just fine, r97. Only the 300 million rest of us will be fucked. That was a joke, right?

by Anonymousreply 9911/06/2012

I continued to be bewildered that this election is so close. Even though Obama wasn't the most popular guy, even with those who voted for him, he should be solidly in front of this clown. Initially, Romney was running way behind him until that first debate and then all at once he is a serious candidate??? I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 10011/06/2012

[quote] Does anyone here think that Mitt Romney would make a good President?

Fuck no

by Anonymousreply 10111/06/2012

[quote] his central role in the ridiculous brinksmanship over the debt ceiling a year ago which directly caused the degrating of our credit rating)

Don't forget that most people lost 25% or more of their 401K/retirement accounts because of ryan's gd debt ceiling stunt

by Anonymousreply 10211/06/2012

He'd be a good looking one, which is a rarity.

by Anonymousreply 10311/06/2012

Thankfully, this question is now purely hypothetical.

by Anonymousreply 10411/06/2012

Not in 100 million years.

by Anonymousreply 10511/06/2012

No, he would be a fucking nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 10611/06/2012

No. I simply don't trust Mitt Romney. I think he has more ability than Orack Obama, but I don't trust Mitt to act for,the benefit of the American people. Someone said on this thread that Mitt ismReagan without themalzheimers. This is essentially true.

by Anonymousreply 10711/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.