Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

More about Rick Perry''s purported homosexualism, please

in honor of his participation in this weekend's gayer event, I mean prayer event.

by Anonymousreply 9511/06/2012

Read the old threads.

by Anonymousreply 208/06/2011

You know what DL is? A cuntocracy.

by Anonymousreply 308/06/2011

Me thinks Rick doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 408/06/2011

Quick question - I've been one for a long time, so I wonder, is "homosexualism" a word?

by Anonymousreply 508/08/2011

kirker is the expert on gay Perry.

by Anonymousreply 608/08/2011

Heard the rumor from friends in Texas that Rick Perry is a crossdresser.

by Anonymousreply 708/08/2011

OK r8, I accuse him of being a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 908/08/2011

I accuse of him of being a very good crossdresser.

Very pretty and passable.

Isn't that positive?

by Anonymousreply 1008/08/2011

We ALWAYS are willing to out gay hate-mongers who attempt to vilify the gay community. %0D %0D What kind of ignoramus, r8, is willing to sit back and be attacked by the likes of men like Sen. Larry Craig and Gov. Charlie Crist and not expose them as a self-hating gay man who vote against gay equality? Are you trying to get a discussion going with your silly questions or are you just plain stupid?????

by Anonymousreply 1108/08/2011

The only rumors are the ones I stated before. Two people I knew claimed first-hand knowledge of Perry having sex with guys and a nose for coke. Unfortunately, I have lost touch with both of them but I'm now inspired to see if I can find one of them on FB.

by Anonymousreply 1208/08/2011

I'm a Houston transplant--I've heard nothing from the locals about his purported homosexualism, but he sure suffers from assholeism.

by Anonymousreply 1308/08/2011

The story from years ago is that his wife caught him in bed with his Secretary of State.

R8 is a gay Republican and/or moron.

by Anonymousreply 1408/08/2011

I am sure that butch "husband" of Botox Bachmann will be there to hold hands with Princess Perry and "pray away the gay"!

by Anonymousreply 1608/08/2011

Don't worry or bother searching for the stories, believe me one of those scumbag repugs running against him will make it surfaces

by Anonymousreply 1708/08/2011

It's Shitt Romney who needs to have a gay scandal. He's the frontrunner and the biggest threat to Obama and to gays. Obama can beat Perry.

by Anonymousreply 1808/08/2011

Those of you who called me an ignoramus and moron completely missed the point. Perry is NOT a homosexual. Get it? Have any of you ever been to Texas, or near it? With 144 Texas Rangers and umpteen other legal jurisdictions to hide from, every one of which hates homosexuals with a passion, this one manages serves three terms as governor without being uncovered? Right. So why would we want to accuse this loathsome creature of being gay, and closted to boot?

by Anonymousreply 1908/09/2011

r19 you are deluded.

by Anonymousreply 2008/09/2011

R19, r8, why do you keep insisting - on both your posts - on using the phrase "accuse of being gay"?%0D %0D We REVEAL someone is gay. When they happen to have a public anti-gay agenda, we ACCUSE them of hypocrisy, self-loathing, bigotry, and spreading hate.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2108/09/2011

If you want to catch Mittens in a gay scandal, I'm happy to take one for the team.

by Anonymousreply 2208/09/2011

My dream: Rick Perry caught in bed with Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2308/09/2011

R19? You do realize that there are a lot of self-loathing, right-wing scumbags who pro-actively work against gays, right?

by Anonymousreply 2408/09/2011

I hope R15 is a parody. This nation was founded on the principle of keeping god out of government, FYI. No ifs ands or buts if you know a tad about American history.%0D %0D I don't know whether he is gay or not. What I do know is that he is a theocrat, a xenophobe, a bigot, and a Tea Party sympathiser. In short, he is a barking crazy governor in a state that produced George W Bush who brought us two endless wars, tax cuts during war and of course the biggest gov't increase and spending program in American history, aside from the Second World War.

by Anonymousreply 2608/09/2011

WTF does R15's post even mean? We have to go back to murdering brown people because Jesus told Dubya to do it?

R15, your definition of GOD is a warped one, I'm sure. Un-Christian in every way.

by Anonymousreply 2708/09/2011

Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin have to fear Rick Perry joining the race.

If Rick does drag, he may be prettier than either of them!

by Anonymousreply 2808/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 2908/09/2011

Several years back there was a rumor on Datalounge that Rick Perry was about to have a press conference, reveal his homosexuality, and step down as governor of Texas. It never came to pass but the fact that Jim McGreevey made his announcement around that time made it seem possible and this board was buzzing with excitment for a couple days.

by Anonymousreply 3008/09/2011

more details.

by Anonymousreply 3108/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 3208/09/2011

R30, I've heard that the gay rumors surrounding Perry were a result of the McGreevey story. People heard the rumors and thought they were about Perry, when they were really about McGreevey.

by Anonymousreply 3308/09/2011

To me it's sort of telling that Geoff Connor cared enough to try to track down the source of the rumor in order to sue.

by Anonymousreply 3408/09/2011

Right, r33.%0D %0D Nothing gay about Rick Perry or Geoffrey Whatshisname.%0D %0D No siree. Nothing to see here. Move along!

by Anonymousreply 3508/09/2011

Princess Perry is the name.

by Anonymousreply 3608/09/2011

R24 Yes I do! Perry IS a right-wing scumbags who pro-actively work against gays, but he ain't gay. I can't believe I'm the only one who sees this - starting and perpetuating a rumor that Perry is gay hurts whom? Perry and gays. Way to go.

by Anonymousreply 3708/09/2011

Wrong, r37. The gay rumor has been around WAY before Jim McGreevey.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3808/09/2011

Something about Rick Perry reminds me of Jack Kemp, who ran for VP with Bob Dole in 1996.

It was fairly well known that Kemp was gay going back to his days working in CA when Reagan was governor. And, yet, during that presidential campaign, the press didn't delve into it.

by Anonymousreply 3908/09/2011

Just look at him.

by Anonymousreply 4008/09/2011

Can someone stuff R1 up Rick Perry's hair ass head first until she quits wriggling and he shoots a big bloody load? That twat is a fucking menace.

by Anonymousreply 4108/09/2011

r33, As an Austinite, I can assure you that the gay rumors about Rick Perry preceded the McGreevy scandal.

by Anonymousreply 4208/09/2011

I heard his event got canceled due to lack of reservations.

by Anonymousreply 4308/09/2011

There were stories about his wife moving out of the governor's mansion after she caught him in bed with a male. Then there were claims that she got a huge amount of money to move back in and pretend that they're happily married.

by Anonymousreply 4408/09/2011

And those stories are 10 years old, fwiw.

by Anonymousreply 4508/09/2011

I think Rick Perry is kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 4608/09/2011

There were never any gay rumors about Perry in Austin before he got confused with the McGreevey story. I can't stand the guy, but I must state the truth.

by Anonymousreply 4708/09/2011

There were gay stories right here at DL about Perry eight or nine years ago. The stories were from people who claimed to be from Austin.

by Anonymousreply 4808/09/2011

r47, you are simply wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.%0D %0D McGreevey came out seven years ago.%0D %0D We've been discussing Rick Perry and the "wife caught him in bed with Geoffrey C," story for at least a decade.

by Anonymousreply 4908/09/2011

r39, my MOTHER knew Jack Kemp was gay back in the seventies, and she was hardly a Washington insider.

I always felt that Molly Ivins' nickname for Ick Perry, "Governor Goodhair," was meant to be a crypto-outing.

by Anonymousreply 5008/09/2011

I miss Molly.%0D %0D And Ann R.

by Anonymousreply 5108/09/2011

No, R49, you're simply mistaken and confused.

The press should be investigating any heterosexual affairs that Perry might have had over the years. Men who are as obsessed with their appearance as much as Perry is usually cheat on their wives. And add in the fact that his wife is a cold fish. I'm sure there are several former mistresses in Perry's past.

by Anonymousreply 5208/09/2011

Somebody needs to goose Anita Perry to get a smile out of her John Kelso, Commentary

Published: 8:05 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011

Anita Perry doesn't look real happy. She doesn't look like she's having a good time.

I think I should invite her down to Giddy Ups beer joint near Manchaca and buy her a beer. I can make it all better for you, sweetheart. They have a jukebox AND a shuffleboard table.

No, seriously, did you see that photo of Texas' first lady on the front page of this newspaper on Wednesday? The photo was shot on Tuesday at Gov. Rick Perry's inauguration. It shows the Perrys marching out under some swords held aloft by Texas A&M's Ross Volunteers at the Palmer Events Center.

Gov. Perry is smiling and doing kind of a one-handed queen's wave, like a man who has just spent $41.7 million of somebody else's money to get elected governor of a state that is so broke that schools are up for closure left and right.

Meanwhile, Anita Perry, who is walking next to Rick, holding his hand, is glaring straight ahead, with a blank stare that hollers, "Get me out of here."

It's one of those looks you get when you're invited to lunch and find out they're serving tomato aspic. It's not quite as bad a look as the guy in "A Clockwork Orange" when they jam his eyes open to interrogate him. But it's close.

What's wrong, lady?

I went through a bunch of other newspaper photos of the Texas' first lady, and this condition is not a new one. Here's a photo of her coming out of restaurant on election day in Austin. She's clutching a disposable cup and a cell phone, and husband Rick is opening the door for her. She has this look on her face that says, "This man is bothering me." Or, "I'd rather be in Costa Rica."

Maybe that's part of the problem. As the first lady of Texas, sometimes you have to go to Beaumont. Contrast this to the joyous, bubbly looks you see on Michelle Obama's face. Then again, Michelle Obama doesn't have to go to Beaumont. Michelle Obama gets to go to France. Maybe Rick should take Anita on a cruise.

When I was a little kid growing up we had this woman across the street named Mrs. Turbyne who used to get what us kids called a "fierce face" whenever we were acting up. In many of these pictures, Anita Perry has that same fierce face.

Here's a good one. It's a picture of Anita Perry at a pre-election night gathering at El Arroyo here in Austin, showing off her red shoe with the elephant on it to the crowd. She's holding this shoe in the air. She looks put out, as if to say, "How come I have to stand up here in front of everybody with one bare foot holding up this stupid shoe?"

Lady, that's part of the job. A little advice, though. Next time, if the shoe fits, wear it.

There are a few pictures here showing the governor trying to kiss her, and her turning her face. I don't want to get into that, so let's be gentle here. She probably doesn't want him messing up her lipstick. Or maybe she doesn't want to mess up his hair. Or he's been eating too many jalape%C3%B1os.

This is not to say that Anita Perry never smiles. Here's a picture of her and Rick on their wedding day. She has that goofy blissful look that all brides have when they realize they're about to get control of your credit cards.

But here's one that says, "Take me away from here before I begin to scream." It's a photo of Rick, really big toothy smile, and the first lady, looking like she has gas. At the time, in 2004, the two were attending the Austin Wranglers home opener. That's one way to make a woman happy, Governor. Take her to a minor league football game.

Oh well. I don't know the answer. I hope her life isn't as miserable as her face makes it look. Maybe it would help if Rick bought her some flowers. I'll bet the state would even pick up the tab.

by Anonymousreply 5308/09/2011

[quote]R47, you are simply wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. McGreevey came out seven years ago. We've been discussing Rick Perry and the "wife caught him in bed with Geoffrey C," story for at least a decade.

R49, I'm afraid you and R47 are both mistaken: the Perry/Connor story also hit seven years ago, in '04, as Shrub was gearing up for his reelection campaign, and slightly before McGreevey came out (or, rather, was forced out). R47 is woefully wrong about there not being any gay rumors prior to that, however: I've gotten to know some old-school Austinites over the past few years, including a journalist who's been covering Austin politics since the early Reagan years, and the gay rumors about Perry date all the way back to when he was a mere freshman Texas House representative in the late '80s. It's only a matter of time before something concrete actually burbles to the surface...

by Anonymousreply 5408/09/2011

Link to Texas paper report on gay rumors - dated Feb 2004. And story itself notes rumors been going on for several weeks before that.

by Anonymousreply 5508/09/2011

In every photo of her I've seen she appears to either be sneering or smirking.

by Anonymousreply 5608/09/2011

R50 And SO like shy Molly to be demure with the most colossal political story in Texas history.%0D %0D I'm giving up on this ridiculous thread after this post, but consider this: The governor is caught in flagrante delicto by his wife. WE know about it because one of the three persons present told us. Right. Must have been the wife, who blabbed after being paid off - with funds from ... some mysterious place not previously accessible to her as his wife of many years. Or maybe it was Gov Perry himself, tired of hiding the truth. That leaves "Geoffrey C." That can only be Geoffrey Ciramek, and if you believe the two of THEM were caught fucking, well then you really deserve Perry as your president, fucking you regularly.

by Anonymousreply 5708/10/2011

Connor, not Ciramek

by Anonymousreply 5808/10/2011

Who is Ciramek?

by Anonymousreply 5908/10/2011

Wow. Perry makes Dick Cheney look like Cinderella in that pic in r53's link.

by Anonymousreply 6008/12/2011

How can you talk about this when that fatty Diane killed all those kiddies??? And Jamie Lu Sigler is DEAD, Bitches!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6108/12/2011

I didn't realize at first that the "OP" was lifted from the Austin Statesman. I used to live in Austin, and the paper was a little more statesmanlike. Obviously, politics has gotten really, really ugly down there. It reads like some DL threads on a screed.

by Anonymousreply 6208/12/2011

too bad

by Anonymousreply 6308/12/2011

There were gay rumors surrounding Ann Richards the entire time she was Governor of Texas, and she was heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 6408/12/2011

Well then.%0D %0D Rick Perry must be straight.

by Anonymousreply 6508/12/2011

Which were started by none other than Karl Rove, R64.

by Anonymousreply 6608/12/2011

You mean closeted gay Karl Rove.

by Anonymousreply 6708/12/2011

Well, yeah. Projection and all.

Ann Richard's (RIP) biggest mistake in that campaign was that she thought Bush was such an idiot & a joke that she could clobber him.

by Anonymousreply 6808/12/2011

by Anonymousreply 6908/12/2011

Ann Richards was a LILL.

Her inner circle was well-aware of this; the despicable Rove, in this case, wasn't lying. Though he used it to smear her.

by Anonymousreply 7008/12/2011

LLL?%0D %0D Labia-Licking Lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 7108/12/2011

Lady Lesbian Lovah!

by Anonymousreply 7208/12/2011

If Perry really is gay, he's got my vote. About time we had a gay Prez.

by Anonymousreply 7308/13/2011

It's hard to keep objective about the condidates because Perry is hot.

by Anonymousreply 7408/13/2011

condidates = candidates

by Anonymousreply 7508/13/2011

Getting desperate are we?

by Anonymousreply 7608/13/2011

We already had at least one gay president, James Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 7708/13/2011

I heard the gay rumor back around 2001 from a reliable source well before he was running for Pres. It was common coffee klatch gossip that his wife caught him inflagrante with another fellow and was going to simply divorce him. He paid her to stay through his governorship. Don't know what their current arrangement is.

by Anonymousreply 7808/15/2011

Whatever it is, she can barely conceal her contempt for him.%0D %0D Check out her constant sneer in photos....

by Anonymousreply 7908/15/2011

google autofills has the 2nd suggested result as rick perry gay. 1st is rick perry for president website.

by Anonymousreply 8008/15/2011

take a look at this

by Anonymousreply 8108/15/2011

I think Rick Perry is totally evil and stupid as well. I don't know if he is gay or not, but he sure acts like it sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 8208/15/2011

Have not read anything remotely indicative of his being gay on this thread. What I do know is that he is one of the most pathetic politicians I have come across in my adult life. His religious exhortations in the political arena are very danagerous. This is the kind of guy that can get into the White House and complete the ruination of our country that Reagan started and Bush the Second advanced.

by Anonymousreply 8308/15/2011

[quote]Whatever it is, she can barely conceal her contempt for him.

If he should win, she'll be this generation's Pat Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 8408/15/2011

r83 - r12 here. Reread my post.

by Anonymousreply 8508/15/2011

Evil and stupid = Republican President.

by Anonymousreply 8608/15/2011

Rick's gay baiting.

by Anonymousreply 8708/15/2011

Rick Perry's wife was practically invisible for the past decade, but now that her hubby is running from president she's stuck to him like glue.

by Anonymousreply 8808/15/2011

Did you know he was a cheerleader?

by Anonymousreply 8908/18/2011

republican cheerleaders: GWB, Trent Lott, Perry....

by Anonymousreply 9008/18/2011

DL likes to believe everyone is gay. There's no proof that Rick is gay. Either come up with the goods, or drop it. End of dissuasion.

by Anonymousreply 9108/18/2011

Says who, r91?

by Anonymousreply 9208/18/2011

According to Time magazine, the wife has been the primary mover in this decision. Now, depending on your level of belief in the conspiracy, is she scheming for his ultimate colossal personal destruction, or is none of this stufff true, or whut?

by Anonymousreply 9308/18/2011

He sure did disappear after he couldn't remember which government agencies he planned to close. Did the Pubbies send him home and tell him to just shut up until after the election?

by Anonymousreply 9410/28/2012

Now that the campaigns are over, let's get back to outing Perry.

by Anonymousreply 9511/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!