Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tammi Menendez

I was watching a program about Tammy Menendez tonight, she is married to Erik Menendez. It was so sad that after 22 years there is no chance that Erik will be realized and be able to live his life with Tammy, what a travesty of justice. 22 years is more than enough punishment. I don't even know how Erik can get through each day, when he knows that there is no chance for parole.

by Anonymousreply 7404/22/2014

[quote]22 years is more than enough punishment. No, no it's not. Not for taking two lives.

by Anonymousreply 108/06/2011

OP why are you wasting time worrying about this murderer?

There are many people imprisoned unjustly.

What made you focus on him?

by Anonymousreply 208/06/2011

She probably just wants to cook him a nice steak dinner with wine and a tossed salad. You think she knows he's already getting the latter.

by Anonymousreply 308/06/2011

Erik is hot! When they were younger I thought Lyle was the hotter one and I didn't think much of Erik but, not anymore Lyle is bald and Erik is so damn hot!

by Anonymousreply 408/06/2011

The average served for murder is 7 years. Even the horrific Manson murderers are up for parole every few years, putting all the victims' families through hell every year or so since there are several of them. Erik and Lyle Menendez had never harmed a fly in their lives. I watched every moment of their trial and it was obvious beyond a shadow of a doubt that they had been horrifically abused. There is never an excuse for murder, but in their case the murders were motivated by intense hatred and fear of their abusers , there is zero chance that they are a danger to society. On the other hand, the ones who ARE a danger to society are routinely released on bail after 7 years, sometimes less, sometimes more. In this case, 22 years is enough punishment, and they should absolutely be considered for parole.

by Anonymousreply 608/06/2011

They slaughtered their parents with shot guns, went out to the car to reload and blew Mommie's face off point blank.

by Anonymousreply 708/06/2011

OP is Tammi.

by Anonymousreply 1108/06/2011

I can see why she would want to marry him, I would do him in a second!

by Anonymousreply 1208/06/2011

Erik was only 18 back in 1989, no way should he have to spend the rest of his life in prison. Sure give him a stiff sentence which 20 or 30 yrs is but, then he should get parole. The judge that imposed that sentence is obviously a heartless nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 1308/06/2011

Erik and his lawyers rolled the dice. He could have taken a plea deal which would be 25 to life, and he would have gotten out by now. But they went to trail to go for manslaughter which is a lesser sentence (12 years). The DA also wanted Erik to testify against his brother, for 20 years. He said no.

by Anonymousreply 1408/06/2011

People who are indicted on a homicide who get out after seven years, if that figure is accurate, are going to be people who took a plea, meaning they accepted responsibility. That counts in their favor with the parole board.

Plus, to get a plea offer in the first place means the state, which controls the plea bargaining, saw things in the case that convinced the district attorney that the possibility, not the certainty, remember, but the possibility, of eventual parole acceptable to the state.

It is a whole different ballgame to to deny guilt, go to trial and lose on a homicide, or any crime. The parole board is going to take intransigence into account.

There also is no reason to think that a murderer who pleaded guilty and got 25 to life is going to get out when his minimum 25 is up.

That doesn't happen in New York. A lot of people doing 25 to life on a violent are never going to get out no matter if they serve 40 or 50. The percentage of violent criminals who get out on their first eligibility date is very low, in the single digits or teens.

California may be different, but that's the state that tried to send somebody away for life on a three-strikes beef for stealing a piece of pizza, (re-sentenced to six on appeal) so I don't know if Erik had any realistic expectation of getting out whether he took a plea or not.

The feds finally had to step in and order the state to release some of its inmates under cruel and unusual. I doubt that the California parole board is gung-ho to cut people lose at the earliest opportunity.

What evidence was presented of the abuse aside from the defendants' testimony? Was there an outcry witness? Friends or teachers who knew about it?

The judge wouldn't charge on it, the second time around, so he didn't buy it, and the jury didn't buy that defense, so to 13 people who sat through the entire thing, the abuse did not ring true.

by Anonymousreply 1508/06/2011

Nonsense, the Menendez brothers should have been put to death. Anyone relating positively to these assholes should be put down too.

by Anonymousreply 1608/06/2011

Is the OP of this thread Tammi Menendez?

Those two boys are evil, pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 1708/06/2011

[quote]definately should never of gotten%0D %0D sigh

by Anonymousreply 1808/06/2011

[quote]22 years is more than enough punishment.

Hear! Hear!

by Anonymousreply 1908/06/2011

Sigh it up your ass r18 this AIN'T no spelling or grammer class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2008/06/2011

[quote]Sigh it up your ass %0D %0D Do you have a youtube link or something? I'm unfamiliar with the practice.

by Anonymousreply 2108/06/2011

It's "grammar". And the whole point of being taught it in a class is so you will use it in real life and not sound like an ignorant moron.

by Anonymousreply 2208/06/2011

It's "punctuation." And the whole point of being taught it in a class is so you will use it in real life and not sound like an ignorant moron.

So, periods and commas INSIDE the quotation marks ALWAYS EVERY TIME IN AMERICAN ENGLISH, moron-a

by Anonymousreply 2308/06/2011

I don't feel sorry for the brothers, BUT, they were both in therapy before the murders. Something wasn't right in that family. %0D %0D Saw the trial. They both seemed to have a lot resentment and anger against their mother, even though the father was the agressive one. She appeared to be too weak to stand up to the husband and I think the brothers felt she should have protected them more.

by Anonymousreply 2408/06/2011

[quote]And the whole point of being taught it in a class is so you will use it in real life and not sound like an ignorant moron.

I agree, R22. But DL may not be real life.

by Anonymousreply 2508/06/2011

[QUOTE] Geez ya think????

by Anonymousreply 2608/06/2011

Oh oh . I guess I had better go and check my notes on the refrigerator door

by Anonymousreply 2708/06/2011

I thought Eric Menendez was gay.

by Anonymousreply 2808/06/2011

My uncle lives in the same cell block as Lyle. Ask me anything.

by Anonymousreply 2908/06/2011

It's a shame we can't jail people for bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 3008/06/2011

They were a couple of rich, entitled kids who committed burglaries and other crimes for fun, got sick of their parents, planned the crime in cold blood, then snuck in and blew them away while they watched TV.

Then, they calculated an elaborate web of lies with the complicity of their media-whore lawyers to elicit sympathy from a moronic jury. Fortunately, the second trial put them away as they deserved.

If they were in many other states, they'd be quite rightly executed, not up for parole.

And I'm supposed to feel sorry for them why exactly?

by Anonymousreply 3108/06/2011

R31: Somebody isn't right in the head to worry about the Menendez brothers. You know what happens if you grow up in a family, and you are abused? You can do a lot of things and you can seek help a lot of places, but one thing you do not do -- you do not get a shotgun and slaughter both parents. You especially don't do it if you are 20 years old and have the resources the Menendez family had, including therapists. And if you are abused, and there is no evidence those men were, and you kill your parents, then you deserve to go to prison. To say anything else is a slap in the face to all the abuse victims who went through what they had to get through, got out, got better, and got on with their lives. Immediate danger is one thing, but what they did, they deserve prison even if they were abused. It's the same reason you can't shoot somebody for trespassing who uses your your front yard for a shortcut. The response has to be proportionate to the injury.

by Anonymousreply 3208/06/2011

[quote]snuck in and blew them away while they watched TV. %0D %0D What's so surprising about that? They were watching "Three's Company."

by Anonymousreply 3308/06/2011

Lyle might possibly deserve that sentence but, certainly not Erik. He has paid his debt to society 3 times over and is now being punished due to an unfair and judge. Whoever he is, may he one day rot in hell!!

by Anonymousreply 3408/06/2011

If the judge has been unfair, then an appellate judge will overturn the sentence.

by Anonymousreply 3508/06/2011

The appellate court is also biased against Erik, just because he was a rich boy.

by Anonymousreply 3608/07/2011

I was just today reading an article in Newsweek about a woman named Stacey Lannert whose story mirrors that of the Menendi, as we used to call them. She was routinely raped by her father from the age of 10 until she was 18, remaining silent from fear and intimidation all the while. At that point the father raped her younger sister, causing her to snap, grab a shotgun, and shot him as he slept on the sofa. She too was accused of lying about the abuse and doing it for monetary gain, and sentenced to life without parole. However after 20 years of clemency petitions her sentence was commuted, and she now runs Healing Sisters, a website for victims of sexual abuse. I suppose the people opposed to clemency for the Menendi would shut her back up again as well? Remember not all juries are infallible, just look at the recent travesty of Casey Anthony. The Menendi were young, abused and scared. They have paid the price and done more time than the vast majority of murderers. They are clearly no menace to society, never having harmed anyone before. It is time for clemency and mercy.

by Anonymousreply 3708/07/2011

Poor Erik...he's an orphan!

by Anonymousreply 3808/07/2011

[quote]The Menendi were young, abused and scared.

Bullshit. That's the story they sold to the media and the jury. They were sociopaths who wanted their parent's money.

by Anonymousreply 3908/07/2011

Now it is the appellate judge who is prejudiced against Erik. Right.

So let's see, now. Here are the people who are prejudiced to the point that they want to see someone in prison who should be out on the street.

The cops who gathered the evidence, the district attorneys who prosecuted the case, the judges who did the trial, both of them, the juries who heard the evidence, both of them, the appellate judges (all of them) who reviewed the case.

Oh! And all those people who knew about the abuse but did not come forward -- there are such people right?

Because here is the way it works. As soon as the defendants made it known that they had an affirmative defense, the d.a.s, the cops, and the defense investigators would have been all over everyone who ever knew the brothers looking for evidence of the abuse.

Please tell us what these investigators came up with to verify the abuse -- take your time.

Because you do not expect us to let someone slide on a double homicide based on his own assertion that his parents abused him, right? There is independent evidence of the abuse? Correct?

Because that's exactly the reason we have juries -- to evaluate those claims, and they called bullshit.

Both brothers were in therapy, correct? Did they waive doctor/patient immunity and have their therapists testify about how this abuse affected them so terribly for so many years that homicide seemed the way out?

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

When that jury heard the defendants say they were abused and heard nothing to back it up, they decided, reasonably enough it would seem, and certainly it is within the law for a jury to make these decisions -- it is exactly what juries are supposed to do -- the jury decided that the brothers' statements were self-serving and disregarded the claims of abuse.

So now the ball is in your court -- where is the independent evidence of abuse?

For that matter, where is the evidence that the appellate judge(s) are prejudiced against rich people?

If they are, it would be a first, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 4008/07/2011

Thanks r37, your story is very touching and spot on. Let's not forget the OJ case, except the travesty was the other way and of course recently with the Casey Anthony trial. The Menendez jury fucked up big time and the judge handed down a ridiculous, harsh and unfair sentence.

by Anonymousreply 4108/07/2011

I'm not going to enter the debate of whether or not they did it, or whether or not that sentence was deserved. But what I will say is the system is seriously fucked up when they get that sentence and there are countless other cases of murderers & rapists who get far less.

by Anonymousreply 4208/07/2011

I don't know if OP is trolling, but I bet Tammi doesn't even want to have sex with him or have him out of jail. I think she has psychological hangups and she feels safe being married to a man in a cage.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4308/08/2011

True Crime threads are the new soap opera threads.

by Anonymousreply 4408/08/2011

R42 has it. These women don't want a man on the outside. In a way they have control over men in prison.

by Anonymousreply 4508/08/2011

Murderers and rapists who get what appear to be lenient deals take pleas. You do not get a good deal if you go to trial and get convicted. Ever. On anything.

That's the whole point of plea bargaining. What's the point of offering a plea if there is even a remote chance of getting the same or better sentence after trial?

Criminals have a very effective grapevine. As soon as somebody demands a trial and gets a good deal after conviction, everyone will want a trial.

It is extremely expensive to try cases, and we can see what the mood in this country is right now for spending government money on anything. The state, any state and any state going back through history in this country anyway, can try less than 10 percent of the cases -- all the rest have to be bargained away.

The state offers good deals because of facts specific to a case. There are many possibilities. Absent, reluctant, unsavory or simply dead witnesses are at the top of the list. Consideration of the victims feelings and court resources are other things that affect plea offers.

The Menendez brothers would have gotten more lenient sentences if they had taken a plea, if a plea was offered, which it probably was, I don't remember. A plea offer is almost always part of the mix.

There are many people doing time who should be doing less, but usually the public considers non-violent offenses such as drug use and sale to be over-punished, not murders and rapes.

In any case, there are thousands and thousands of people who commit crimes who never go to prison. How about we put into prison every single person who made money on the financial collapse including all those people in government who promoted deregulation? They certainly got sweet-heart deals from this administration, didn't they? Those people got away Scot-free.

Let's put all them in prison and leave them there before we start bemoaning whether some rapist got a couple years off his sentence because he admitted guilt and took a plea.

Also, what is it with women and jail-birds? I never understood this fetish, because that is what it is. My favorite story was one of my clients, a serial rapist who took a plea to raping a woman in front of her children on the floor in front of the Christmas tree.

While awaiting a resolution of his case, he met a woman who was seeing a family member in the visiting area, and she fell for him, hook, line, and sinker. What is with these women? It's sick.

By the way, my defendant got 18 to life, less than the Menendez brothers got, but the idea was that the judge and the district attorney got to put into his file all the facts about all the cases so it will be available to the parole board in 18 years. No parole board will ever let this man out, not in New York.

Now you may say that this defendant should have gotten more than the Menendez brothers, but the way it worked out, and it works this way on purpose, the court can move on to try a case where the defendant might actually be not guilty, or perhaps over-charged, while the victim and her children do not have to testify against the rapist.

Plus the rapist is never going anywhere, no matter what the lower number is. Eliminates the remote chance of a jury doing something weird and acquitting him.

by Anonymousreply 4608/08/2011

So how do you all feel about Billy Flynn, the 15 year old boy that was manipulated by Pamela Smart into killing her husband and getting a 40 years to life prison sentence in New Hampshire?

by Anonymousreply 4708/23/2011

Easy there, R40. It's obvious from your post that you know little about how judges, juries, the police, and DA's work in the Real World. It has been documented time and again that once an investigation has taken a certain route, blaming a particular suspect, that there is little chance for an investigation to go another way. Appeal courts rarely go against the trial court. Judges do not like to go against other judges, just like any other profession. It is very difficult to chance the minds of folks, once enough people believe in someone's guilt. Isn't that why you feel the way you do?

by Anonymousreply 4809/11/2011

No, I feel the way I do because I followed the case and looked at the evidence. I then evaluated the evidence in terms of what a jury might conclude following the standards of reasonable doubt and the proper deference the trial judge and the appellate judges give to a jury's determination. The evidence at trial was overwhelming in its support of the guilty verdict.

As to what I know about the real world in terms of judges, juries, the police and the DA's?

My professional life was spent doing criminal defense. I handled over 2000 criminal cases with all that entails, examining the conduct of DAs, police, judges, and juries in my efforts to get the best results for my defendants.

I did approximately two dozen trials to verdict, occasionally getting defendants off despite what should have been overwhelming evidence of their guilt.

The jury reached a verdict that the Menendez brothers murdered their parents. It was a reasonable verdict based on the evidence and that is why the appellate judges haven't overturned it.

Let me ask you this since you raised the issue. If the conviction was the result of an investigation that started down a certain route and that initial route precluded the investigation of other possibilities, then where is your evidence that merits investigation of the alternate route?

The Menendez brothers were in a position very unusual for criminal defendants in this country in that they had the resources to mount a very expensive defense with high-priced private attorneys. That means they had access to private investigators to look for exculpatory evidence and mitigating facts.

The trial level is the time when the defendant has the opportunity, not the responsibility of course, under our system, but the opportunity to bring forward evidence of your other route which you say exists. That did not happen. To the extent exculpatory evidence came forward, a jury of their peers evaluated it and dismissed it.

Even on appeal, new evidence may be brought forward and the appellate courts will consider it.

So where is your evidence of the other route?

by Anonymousreply 4909/11/2011

Can you be more precise? Do you think Billy Flynn got a raw deal? There are a lot of issues in that case, justice according to the age of the defendant is one, and many of the issues are hidden from view. As an example, what went on with plea bargaining?

One thing to remember is that results after trial, in criminal or civil for that matter, are all over the place, and an attorney has the obligation to explain to the client that once the trial gets started, god knows what the outcome will be, it is a real crap shoot.

What that means is that it is an exercise in futility to compare sentencing results in one case with another even if the facts seem quite similar.

All you can say is, "This guy got off easy and this guy got hammered for basically the same thing. Shit happens after a trial."

As long as the judges in each case stay within the legally-permitted sentencing guidelines, the appellate judges are not going to go around reducing sentences just because somebody else somewhere else did something similar and got a better break.

by Anonymousreply 5009/11/2011

So Tammi, err...I mean OP...How long have you been coming to DL? Are you a lesbian who married a guy in prison so you can have the cover of marriage, but never have to worry about him touching you?

by Anonymousreply 5109/11/2011

bitch is nuts meaning tammi ,shes a social outcast ,who the fuck thinks erik menendez is hot ,the only hot thing about him is that hes lucky his ass aint hot with electic bolts going thru him ,he executed his mummy and duddy ,he deserves shot in a shooting range ,his life was one of crime and its not the parents fault ,these punks were committing evil from the time they were in there mummys belly ,tammi is a freak how can she let her little girl think that he can even be a dad ,if hes let out he will kill them both for there life insurance like he did his parents ,hes no good ,hes evil ,nasty ,43 year old punk face liar ,he trashed the mum and dad ,and i cant believe the family would condone and stand by the lies and these freaks ,they stole there parents lives and there money ,they should have been charged with theft of there parents fortune ,there a disgrace in humanity ,creepy demons ,they even were heard saying they would get turned on when planning the parents murder,how fucking disgusting ,pigs of life ,sludge that grows under sludge ,both deserve to stay where they are and eat miserable foods,and stay caged up ,put yourself in the parents position ,put yourself in that den ,they laughed when they were sghooting ,they enjoyed the carnage ,they laughed and giggled and didnt seem to care that the blood was petruding all over there faces ,clothes the den ,they enjoyed the whole shooting of there parents and made up crying and feeling so bad ,fuck you both menendez brothers you deserve right where you are ,you will be in hell sooner or later by bitches

by Anonymousreply 5204/11/2013

[quote]They should at the very least let them have sex.

Oh, don't worry - Erik's getting plenty of sex.

by Anonymousreply 5304/11/2013

The word was that Erik and Lyle were incestous with each other and the old man found out and flipped. That's when the "boys" aka grown men plotted to kill Mom and Dad figuring that they'd be left out of the will.

These two clowns do a disservice to real victims of child abuse. These two grown men had money, cars, and resources to enable them to get away from mom and dad.

by Anonymousreply 5404/11/2013

No cuntjugals?

by Anonymousreply 5504/11/2013

More importantly… do the brothers have ripped prison bodies now? If not, THAT would be a crime!

by Anonymousreply 5604/11/2013

Will the poster who stated that his uncle is on the same cell block as Eric menedez please come back and spill? Thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 5704/11/2013

I agree with the OP, now it has been 24 yrs and Erik has served more than enough time. It is really hard to believe that he will never be allowed to get out and lead a normal life. Whoever the judge is that imposed this outrageous sentence, should rot in hell!

by Anonymousreply 5804/11/2013

I'm done with this travesty of a show. Obviously, it was completely rigged from the beginning for a girl to win this season and the fact that the 5 left are all girls more than proves it.

by Anonymousreply 5904/11/2013

Fuck both the POS Menendi and the trashy freak Tammi.

They're all living the lives that they signed up for and are not deserving of an iota of sympathy from any living being.

by Anonymousreply 6004/11/2013

Thanks r37 and r41. It's people like you that let us roam free, we probably won't kill again but it's nice to keep options open.

by Anonymousreply 6104/11/2013

[quote]Let me guess, OP is neither a lesbian nor a gay man.

Wrong. OP is most likely a gay man. They're the only group who seem to regularly salivate over rapists, murderers, and other assorted criminals (as long as they're young, white, and arguably attractive).

by Anonymousreply 6204/11/2013

I heard the same rumor too.

Erik is probably someone's bitch in prison now.

by Anonymousreply 6304/11/2013

OP. Google the crime scene photos. Then get back to us.

by Anonymousreply 6404/11/2013

Shut up r54, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I completely agree with the OP.

by Anonymousreply 6504/12/2013

Tammi doesn't want to fuck him or live with him. She is some sicko who likes having a relationship with an unattainable man.

btw, this and the Jim Jones thread are why I love this place.

by Anonymousreply 6604/12/2013

r66 Why thank you, I also love the JJ thread. And Tammi is a fucking weirdo who married Erik for her own odd reasons. Look at the crime scene photos and ask yourself if you could ever do that or be with someone who thought it was reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 6704/12/2013

Tammi is in love with Erik and I can see why. He is one hot daddy!

by Anonymousreply 6804/12/2013

Years ago when she first married him they had her on some show like Oprah and she was attractive and seemed normal (but apparently she isn't normal).

by Anonymousreply 6904/12/2013

There is no amount of time feasible for killing people and stirring up lies to desecrate their memories. Insane people should be incarcerated, 22 years later, we should believe he is civilized and rehabilitated? No pity...

by Anonymousreply 7001/10/2014

She is so lucky to have a hot guy like Erik.

by Anonymousreply 7104/21/2014

Any current pix? Nude would be best.

by Anonymousreply 7204/21/2014

No one who marries someone in prison can be considered "normal."

by Anonymousreply 7304/21/2014

Boo hoo. He should have thought about that before he and his bro murdered their parents. He deserves to suffer a lifetime. The electric chair or lethal injection would have been the easy way out. Have a great life, Erik.That also goes for the woman who was dumb enough to marry him.

by Anonymousreply 7404/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!