Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Morrissey is such a douchebag

He needs to have a cheeseburger stuffed in his piehole.

by Anonymousreply 13610/24/2013

Morrissey is a very interesting artist. His statements maybe are not so elegant but as an artist he is an accomplished one.

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

If I ever had been a fan of his, that racist comment about the Chinese would have ended it. Note that the guy who runs the fansite he's paranoid about has a Chinese-sounding last name.

Hitler was a vegetarian, dude.

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

Ok, Morrissey must have a loose screw indeed, but as an artist he is certainly interesting. He have composed nice melodies and some of his lyrics are in fact good.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

What I want to know is how did he become the leader of Egypt? It sounds like he is acting like a dictator, too, but I guess that would be typical for him.

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

He's an ugly bastard now anyway so who cares if he's an ugly old bigot with miniscule cock meat that he never used anyway.

A shame he never got fucked by Johnny Marr back in the day. HE was clearly gagging for Johnny's cock in his arse.

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

But guys as an artist Morrissey is more than fine if you exclude some of his terribly pessimistic lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2012

He's always been a miserable git. Not half as deep or talented as he thinks he is. He's the Brett Easton Ellis of mope rock.

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2012

He should have died after Viva Hate

by Anonymousreply 911/25/2012

I find his music better than his lyrics. He should let someone else write the lyrics of his songs in the future.

by Anonymousreply 1011/25/2012

Interesting, r10, because he doesn't actually write "his" music. His contribution is supposedly the lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 1111/25/2012

Well .... the Chinese ARE revolting.

by Anonymousreply 1211/25/2012

R11 are you sure? Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 1311/25/2012

[quote]Hitler was a vegetarian, dude.

Let's not go there, hon.

by Anonymousreply 1411/25/2012

Guys, he is a lyricist/singer, not a musician. The only time he ever played anything was a child toy piano and the song was Death of a Disco Dancer, included in the album 'Strangeways, Here We Come'.

by Anonymousreply 1511/25/2012

[quote]are you sure? Hmm...

His emotional relationships and failed partnerships with lyricists over the years are well documented. He's also mentioned his lack of lyrical ability in countless interviews.

by Anonymousreply 1611/25/2012

Guys, the problem with Morrissey is that he has sung a big number of songs, some or many of which are not giving to the listener. However he has written good lyrics due to his long career. Below i made a list with really good Morrissey lyrics.(I hope he wrote them, hehe)

In the future when all's well

Alma Matters

Do your best and don't worry

Sing Your Life

To me you are a work of art

My Dearest Love

How soon is now

Last night i dreamt that somebody loved me

That's how people grow up

It's hard to walk tall when you are small

You're gonna need someone on your side

I like you

Certain people i know

I just want to make the boy happy

Whatever happens i love you

You were good in your time

Why don't you find out for yourself

by Anonymousreply 1711/25/2012

'Black Cloud' is also a good song.

'You Have Killed me' is also ok. Over the top dramatic but it fits to the passionate melody it has.

by Anonymousreply 1811/25/2012

This is my favourite Morrissey performance.

by Anonymousreply 1911/25/2012

I think people should judge Morrissey as a singer and not from the provocative and idiotic remarks he has made in interviews. Maybe, he is just antisocial. Sure he is.

by Anonymousreply 2011/25/2012

a lovely singing voice...

by Anonymousreply 2111/25/2012

I shall continue to be a casual Morrissey fan as long as I never bother reading any interviews or articles about him/his opinions/his personal life. I'm sort of surprised that anyone pays attention to the shit he says, as his bad rep has preceded him for years - even diehard fans must realize that were they to meet him they'd only be disappointed.

The poster who made the "mope rock" comment made me giggle a little.

by Anonymousreply 2211/25/2012

Actually, I kind of like what he says.

by Anonymousreply 2311/25/2012

So does he still advertise himself as asexual?

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2012

r20, it's possible to like and value a talented person's achievements while acknowledging that he is in the overall scheme of things a worthless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2012

No one got my (R5) joke! Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

by Anonymousreply 2611/26/2012

'I Won't Share you' by The Smiths, Morrissey's band.

by Anonymousreply 2711/27/2012

Tiresome garbage. He can die anytime now.

by Anonymousreply 2811/27/2012

'November Spawned a Monster' is a very sexy song.

by Anonymousreply 2911/27/2012

Funny, R5.

These animal rights' types tend to be racist (Brigitte Bardot) assholes, so I'll be having a roasted chicken in their honor.

Free range, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3011/27/2012

Wait, back up. He banned the owner of That IS the main site for Moz fans to go to! "You know what you did", and the awful teeshirt Morrissey wore saying how he hates YIKES!!

Still, he has done some AMAZING stuff in his life with music. And in spite of his crazy racism he has a huge fanbase of Latinos. HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012

And if he called gays "subhuman," would some of you be going on about how amazing he is?

I guess some of you feel your own group must be targeted before you feel "compassion."

Such a lack of introspection.

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2012

[quote]This hypocritical bastard also bitched and moaned about how Britain had lost its identity due to immigrants and that one could no longer hear a British accent anywhere in Knightsbridge. And that was the reason this bigot gave for why he chose to live in Rome. So I guess it's ok for him and other white people to live wherever they want, but God forbid non-whites should ever move to Britain.

So this douchebag is a racist asshole just like Eric Clapton then!

by Anonymousreply 3311/27/2012

I would love Morrissey to release a new album. Does anybody know if he will in 2013?

by Anonymousreply 3411/27/2012

He is supposed to have a 660-page autobiography coming out in December.

Asked about the book, Morrissey replied: "I see it as the sentimental climax to the last 30 years. It will not be published until December 2012, which gives me just enough time to pack all I own in a box and disappear to central Brazil. The innocent are named and the guilty are protected."

by Anonymousreply 3511/27/2012

'Mute Witness' is a very peculiar and pretty song. Someone might say is about finding out some dark secret about their beloved person such as if someone is gay or an unfaithful lover.

by Anonymousreply 3611/27/2012

He can't write a decent melody to save his life but his lyrics are funny sometimes. I find his records very dull.

by Anonymousreply 3711/27/2012

Why does he even bother being closeted?

by Anonymousreply 3811/27/2012

He's not all that closeted. In Dear God Please Help Me he sings about being seduced by a guy.

He's always been prickly, and has gotten to be more-so over time. Especially in regards to his militant stand of vegetarianism. But he's always had much more sympathy for animals than for people. Which is why he called the Chinese subhuman, based on reports of dogs being eaten in the poorer countrysides.

by Anonymousreply 3911/27/2012

He's not really closeted, though, R38. Even 25 years ago he spoke openly about the eroticism of the male body. He also told Nick Kent that his issue with relationships was that he had always been attracted to "men and women who weren't attracted to me."

[quote]The abundance of homo-erotic imagery in his lyrics and album covers (Your Arsenal, for example, shows him brandishing a microphone in a highly suggestive manner) should not, he says, be taken as a veiled declaration of homosexuality. "I'm not running ahead and leaving clues hidden behind bus stops, as it were," he says. 'One of my physical encounters was with a man. That was 10 years ago. It was just a very brief, absurd and amusing moment,' adds Morrissey, in his best Oscar Wilde. "It wasn't love. I have never experienced that."

[quote]Has he slept with women? "Yes. I feel completely open. If I met somebody tomorrow, male or female, and they loved me and I loved them, I would openly proclaim that I loved them, regardless of what they were. I think people should be loved whatever their gender, whatever their age. I am open to everything. I accept that my experience is different from that of most men. But I feel reasonably normal. I don't feel like a freak. My world is bigger."

by Anonymousreply 4011/27/2012

Morrisey just SHUT UP! God Damnit!

by Anonymousreply 4111/27/2012

He's a total asshole, but The Smiths are a legendary band and deserve that status. As a lyricist, I would put him up there with Dylan, Lennon, Bowie, Mitchell and Cobain.

by Anonymousreply 4211/27/2012

Oh, Morrissey. Ever the complicated relationship. Just when you think he's done he comes out with something else. You try so very hard to give him up, to hate him, but in much the same words he'd use (probably his favourite word) he's just too [italic]fascinating[/italic]. And like an old lover, he carries importance no other artist ever could.

I agree he's frequently crass. Lame, even, sometimes. But then you realise that Morrissey is just very honest and very real- even if that means he comes with a large serving of pomposity. The millionaire pop star who never sold out. And then you look at yourself and your failings and realise that's why you like him.

Listen to his Desert Island Discs and tell me this is not someone who is true to himself- for better or worse.

by Anonymousreply 4311/27/2012

Thanks for that link, AYB. I look forward to listening to it.

by Anonymousreply 4411/27/2012

"He should have died after Viva Hate"

I totally agree!

by Anonymousreply 4511/27/2012

I don't care about any of this because he literally wrote the entire soundtrack of my youth.

by Anonymousreply 4611/27/2012

So he's bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 4711/27/2012

Morrissey is MAYBE bisexual but his heart is closer to gay. I mean...look at his lyrics. They are full of homoerotism and mournfoulness. Do i have to say more? His idol is James Dean and i can see he is mimicking Dean in many of his photos, like Dean was mimicking sometimes Brando. I like Morrissey as a singer and i hope he will produce more memorable songs.

by Anonymousreply 4811/28/2012

“It's so easy to laugh It's so easy to hate It takes guts to be gentle and kind” ― Morrissey

by Anonymousreply 4911/28/2012

Hitler was NOT a vegetarian. Stop repeating this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5011/28/2012

He most certainly was, R50. Who told you otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 5111/28/2012

Every asshole's defenders claim "he's just very real."

by Anonymousreply 5211/28/2012

Morrissey is great. I hope that in the future he will sing more melodic songs with his melodic love-aching voice.

by Anonymousreply 5311/28/2012

Agreed. Pretentious tool-bag.

Irish blood,English heart my houle!Who said the Irish wanted you in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 5411/28/2012

He should have stuck with Stephen Street. He's had plenty of great songs since, but his music has been crap ever since 'Maladjusted'.

by Anonymousreply 5511/28/2012

r51 Hitler was trying to avoid RED meat for health reasons. He was pretty health conscious, also a militant ex-smoker. Fact.

The vegetarian bs is pure myth.

by Anonymousreply 5611/28/2012

Morrissey is fantastic with the Smiths and solo.

by Anonymousreply 5711/28/2012

I have FRONT ROW for the Staples Center show in Loose Angela on 3/1... those fucking Mayans (or Aztecs or whatever) better be wrong about this end-of-the-world shit. PATTI FUCKING SMITH is performing with him. EAT IT!

by Anonymousreply 5811/28/2012

r58 you're going to have plenty of Mayans and Aztecs at that show since Latinos are huge fans of his.

by Anonymousreply 5911/28/2012

What is it with the Latino fans??? I mean, it's rather remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 6011/28/2012

I'm not sure but this article goes into the Latino stans that love him. I mean WORSHIP him. I love him too. It could be because of his Hector song, Hector in a gang, Hector was his lover or something.

by Anonymousreply 6111/28/2012

I love my Mexicali friends. I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 6211/28/2012

He has a total fetish for young Latino men (yes, I know "fetish" is only used for inanimate objects, but I'm using it anyway.)

by Anonymousreply 6311/28/2012

Why did Morrissey say Chinese people "sub-human?"

He mean man!

by Anonymousreply 6411/28/2012

Saw him at vegetarian restaurant "Nude" on George's Street in Dublin years ago, sitting in a quiet corner with a VERY handsome man in his late twenties or so. They were flirting like hell and their chemistry - MARY!- was palpable.

by Anonymousreply 6511/28/2012

I honestly feel bad for people who don't get morrissey. Especially gay people. The dull people posting dull ideas that tumble like tumbleweeds through they're. dull vacuous,vapid skulls.If he said,"gay men are subhuman",I would laugh, Because morrissey has one of the most unique sense of irony and humor at the Ridiculousness,brutality,hypocrisy and most of all the beauty that is around us all every day. Some people can only parrot other peoples ideas. Stephen Morrissey parrot's no one. His unapologetic opinions and outspokenness have yielded him a loveless and achingly lonely life,and that is what he sings about. I could never repay what his music has given me. I have always wanted him to find true love.I know he wouldn't settle for less.Think for yourself.Knowledge IS power!

by Anonymousreply 6611/28/2012

A lot of gay people as it seems have a lot of issues. It's not Morrissey the problem, not really.

by Anonymousreply 6711/28/2012

His first name is spelled S-T-E-V-E-N, and it's even in one of his songs. Get it right, or pay the price.

by Anonymousreply 6811/28/2012

Doris you like Morrissey sweetie? LOL

by Anonymousreply 6911/28/2012

i adore him and always will.

by Anonymousreply 7011/28/2012

[quote]It could be because of his Hector song, Hector in a gang, Hector was his lover or something.

Latinos were into him way before this song. He's had a rabid - and I do mean rabid - fan base among us since the early 90s, at least.

And we don't fawn over anyone just because they mention someone in a song that's latino.

by Anonymousreply 7111/28/2012

that link AYB posted is one of the best Morrissey Interviews I've ever heard

Def worth 32 minutes of my time.

thanks for sharing AYB!

by Anonymousreply 7211/28/2012

He's a huge asshole but I've been a fan from the very first moment the needle touched the vinyl on my first The Smith album, which I bought based on a review in Rolling Stone magazine. I did shit like that back then.

by Anonymousreply 7311/28/2012

Here's my take on the Morrissey-Latino love thing, at least from the Latino side.

Latinos love over-the-top drama emotional songs and Morrissey delivers that with heartfelt passion. Songs that "get" to you, and make you feel, and he's got that.

It's why Latinos love "Oldies" that have passion and can almost make you cry.

Morrissey is in the same vein as that. I'm sure there's tons of low rider cars with Morrissey song titles in white handwriting on the windows.

Anyway, have fun at Staples whomever is going. I love him and he can sing amazingly, still.

by Anonymousreply 7411/28/2012

AYB you are so right on about Morrissey. I still remember listening to Vauxhall and I and falling in love with his beautiful face. A gay Morrissey fan here...

by Anonymousreply 7512/01/2012

He's really disliked in Egypt. I keep hearing about anti Morrissey protests on the news.

by Anonymousreply 7612/01/2012

He's long since become a self parody.

by Anonymousreply 7712/01/2012

So is the memoir out? It was said to have been completed back in spring 2011. I checked some websites but nothing's available even for pre-order.

by Anonymousreply 7812/01/2012

R78 it is written that Morrissey's autobiography will be released in December 2012.

by Anonymousreply 7912/01/2012

Wow, trolldar shows one obsessed fan who's clearly not a native speaker of English. If you think November Spawned a Monster is a sexy song, you've got issues, dear.

by Anonymousreply 8012/01/2012

R80...i see you are the Carpenters slanderer. Why don't you go to see a therapist? You have a problem with your gall, obviously. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 8112/01/2012

R79, they must have pushed back the date (again), as there's no sign of it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 8212/01/2012

Has he ever posed nude?

by Anonymousreply 8312/01/2012

[quote]Has he ever posed nude?

You, without clothes? Oh, I could not keep a straight face!

Me without clothes? Well a nation turns its back and gags.

by Anonymousreply 8412/01/2012

Morrissey is such a douchebag. In other news water still wet.

by Anonymousreply 8512/01/2012

Does anyone else think he has a sexy speaking voice, with that soft Mancunian accent?

by Anonymousreply 8612/01/2012

Morrissey returns to England due to his mother's illness.

Those who have already purchased tickets for the dates in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Flint and Chicago are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced within the coming days.

I read that Morrissey seems to have a great relationship with his mum. As most Morrissey fans know, he actually postponed part of his U.S. tour to be with his mum as she recovered from something she was hospitalized for. Like many who love Moz, I was sad that I did not get to see him when I thought I would, but I still get to see him perform and at least he is good enough to understand that some things are more important than money and fame.

On the other hand, from what I have read, Morrissey is not as close to his dad.

by Anonymousreply 8712/04/2012

No, Morrissey's father is a complete embarrassment. I've seen him backstage (where he's rarely allowed) and he's a drunken mess. That's saying a lot considering Morrissey's band and crew. His mum, Betty, is sweet and kind to everyone, and she has a memory that one would expect from a former librarian. So adorable.

by Anonymousreply 8812/06/2012

'Action Is My Middle Name'

New, Unreleased, Stereo enhanced, Studio Version. Essentially still a 'Demo' but the best quality available at present.

by Anonymousreply 8903/01/2013

By the way Johnny Marr released his debut album. In my opinion, the best songs of it are by far 'The Messenger', New Town Velocity and 'I Want The Heartbeat'

by Anonymousreply 9003/01/2013

Oh, i forgot to mention 'European Me'

by Anonymousreply 9103/01/2013

He's always seemed like a very prototypical gay Brit. Latinos fetishize him and he fetishizes them right back.

by Anonymousreply 9203/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 9308/11/2013

This guy flipped his biscuit a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 9408/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 9508/11/2013

Morrissey seems Aspie to me and the above poster who revealed that his mother is a librarian just confirmed it for me.

He sings in a monotonic drone. He is asexual. He wants people but they don't want him. He is candid to a point of pain.

by Anonymousreply 9608/11/2013

On the other hand R96, go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 9708/11/2013

"I gave up on him long ago, but the link below made me remember when he was a genius."

by Anonymousreply 9808/14/2013

Morrissey hasn't died artistically. His last album was great and very touching. He maybe waits to give to his audience something that will not be less good than his previous work.

I'm looking forward for his new songs!

Don't judge Morrison for his pessimism and for some of his quotes. He is a true romantic, the way he performs his songs shows great sensitivity and a great longing. He is still very promising in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9908/15/2013

You shut your mouth, how can you say? I go about things the wrong way???

by Anonymousreply 10008/15/2013

Come back Morrissey!

by Anonymousreply 10108/16/2013

He recently pulled off something I don`t hear of everyday:he halted the publication of his much-anticipated autobiography just three(!) days before expected release (was due today in UK) because of `last minute contend disagreement between Penguin Books and Morrissey`. ??

by Anonymousreply 10309/16/2013

Content disagreement,that is. And it has the poetic name ``Morrissey: Autobiography`.

by Anonymousreply 10409/16/2013

[quote]He recently pulled off something I don`t hear of everyday:he halted the publication of his much-anticipated autobiography just three(!) days before expected release

Having worked in publishing for a couple of decades now, I can assure you this was not something he "pulled off" himself. The only entity that could get in the way of publication on short notice like that would be a publisher either sidestepping some legal problem with the content, or severing ties with the author. Anyone who thinks an author can just back out of a contract is kidding themselves--the publisher is the only party that ever ends up in a position to do that.

by Anonymousreply 10509/16/2013

Morrissey was trolling everyone before trolling had a name. I'd love to read his book, hope they can settle the issue.

by Anonymousreply 10609/16/2013

He's not that young, and there was a report some recent time ago that he was advised to stop performing concerts because of his health issues. Whatever those are.

by Anonymousreply 10809/16/2013

Seriously, is he asexual or what? Who is he banging? Johnny Mar is gay?

by Anonymousreply 11009/16/2013

[quote]he is very young for writing that kind of a book, ffs!

Yeah, okay, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 11109/16/2013

He is definitely back on drugs and booze. His behavior is out there.

by Anonymousreply 11209/16/2013

Morrissey drinks, but he doesn't use drugs, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 11309/18/2013

For such a big vegetarianism proponent, his health is for shit. And what's with the drinking? "Passed the pub that saps your body"...What happened?

He should go raw vegetarian for a while and demonstrate its healing powers. Or maybe he'll just stay cray. I assume this recent (made up) controversy is a new cycle of hype to ensure the autobiography will be legendary if and when it is published. After this kind of talk, it had better be loaded with revelations and killer couplets.

by Anonymousreply 11409/18/2013

He is one of those who's agent needs to muzzle him.

I'd buy a lot more of his albums if he wasn't alienating me and my friends at every press conference.

That said, perhaps the MEDIA could do us a favor and just stop asking questions on topics he has no business discussing, i.e. anything to do with politics, "foreigners", social class and society in general- that would be swell.

by Anonymousreply 11509/18/2013

Why is he so rabidly against one fan site?

by Anonymousreply 11609/18/2013

What are you talking about r116? If you're referring to the tumblr "thischarmingcharlie", then of course, the issue is MONEY, like it always is with this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11709/18/2013

[quote]I would love a cooperation between Morrissey and Chris Isaak, but i'm afraid that is just wishful thinking.

What a terrible idea. It shows you don't understand Morrissey in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 12010/23/2013

Remember all the 'asexual' horseshit in the '80s? What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12110/23/2013

I worked with someone who was his PA (albeit briefly, Moz goes through PAs the way the rest of us go through toilet paper) Impossible demands, unrealistic expectations and an ego the size of Waterloo Station. Okay, I know, no real surprise there. So here's the dirt: He has basically a high school eduction and the whole act of him being some high minded intellectual is just that, an act. When a journalist would come by for an interview, he would place in strategic locals well worn copies of Keats or Proust so it looked like that was what he was currently reading. The whole time she worked for him, she never saw him read anything besides trade papers.

Also, for a little while, he and Michale Stipe were an item. What caused it to end? Well, it seems Michael is one of those gay men who thinks his body odor is an aphrodisiac. He seldom bathes and Moz had enough of the happy shiny stink that lingered in his house long after Stipe departed.

by Anonymousreply 12210/23/2013

[quote] Only people who have attended University are educated according to you?

I never said any such thing.

[quote]There are people out there who haven't attended University and yet they read more books than people who have.

And exactly how it this related to him PRETENDING he is reading these books?

Maybe this kid needs to grow up, but I sure as hell dont need a reading comprehension class. You, on the other hand....

by Anonymousreply 12410/24/2013

R125 Pointing out your errors is not aggression, its stating facts. I answered your question. Now, do you care to answer mine?

by Anonymousreply 12610/24/2013

Shorter version of R127:

I wont/cant answer the question asked because the only logical answer will reveal that my original claim had no relation on what was actually stated. So instead of addressing what I wrote, I will instead address the things I imagine someone else wrote.

by Anonymousreply 12810/24/2013

R128 still refusing to answer the question asked. Why am I not surprised?

by Anonymousreply 13010/24/2013

No, you didnt answer the question. You have not explained how the reading habits of people of various eduction levels is related to someone who pretends to read books they are not.

Please tell us. Whats the connection?

Oh, wait. That's right. There isn't one. Well, no shock. You're the same person who claims I said only people who attended university are educated when in fact I said nothing of the sort.

Pay attention to words that are actually there, not the ones you imagine are there. You will get far.

by Anonymousreply 13210/24/2013

Shorter version of R133:

I really get angry when people hold me accountable for the things I say and do. Its just not fair. I should be allowed to make unsubstantiated and illogical claims and not have to back them up with facts.

by Anonymousreply 13410/24/2013

What a surprise. A thread about Morrissey's legendary wankery turns into one where the posters exhibit the same behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 13510/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!