Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bradley James

Plays Arthur in that TV series "Merin"%0D %0D I'm in love! He's gay, right?%0D %0D What do we know about him?

by Anonymousreply 5002/16/2013

Sorry - Merlin. Not Merin.%0D %0D So, what do we know?

by Anonymousreply 107/28/2011

He's apparently straight - and kind of a jock.

His main interest is playing football and he seems to like dating blondes.

by Anonymousreply 207/28/2011

[quote]He's gay, right? No, just British.

by Anonymousreply 307/28/2011

I find him kind of a turn off.

According to one quote, he basically admits he's barely read a book in his life.

He just talks about sports all the time.

by Anonymousreply 407/28/2011

Absolutely NOT!

by Anonymousreply 507/28/2011

I'm also not sure about how I feel about some of the comments he and Colin Morgan have made about the homoerotic subtext between their characters.

A lot of fans like it, but they seem to get offended when anyone asks if their is a gay subtext between their characters.

Is that what you were getting at, R5?

by Anonymousreply 607/28/2011

R6, I actually think Bradley's been pretty cool with it - in some of the first interviews about the series, he said it wasn't his or Colin's intent to convey a romantic relationship, but that they nonetheless wanted to show there being an intense bond, so he was flattered that people picked up on it from their performances.%0D %0D And later, when asked questions like whether Arthur's "romance" with Gwen or his "bromance" with Merlin was stronger (in Series 3), he answered Merlin without hesitation, saying it was "there for everyone to see". So I don't think he gets offended, just amused.%0D %0D I do think Colin's a bit more awkward in answering questions about the homoerotic subtext / slash fans, and tends to sidestep the issue. It might be because he's more conscious of being the face of the show and how the producers are trying to market it broadly, and he doesn't want to say something that will draw their ire. Bradley seems to have more of a sense of humor about it.%0D %0D Bradley's cute, though. Eventually it'll be time for Merlin Series 4, and we can have another thread where the Anti-Shirtless Troll will bemoan him baring his chest (mind you, after an uneven Series 3, barechested man candy might be one of the show's few saving graces. And now they've got characters like Gwaine and Percival to help things along).

by Anonymousreply 707/28/2011

R7, the shirtless scenes have been stupid. It's one thing on a soap opera, but why have they been randomly thrown in? T compensate for his lack of acting ability? And his body is only average anyway. Hopefully they will stay away from the shirtless scenes for the remaining seasons and try to improve the show. Otherwise it will go the way of "Weeds" - a show that has nothing else to offer except Hunter Parrish's body because of its lack of any plot or characters.

by Anonymousreply 807/28/2011

Not gay. He's dating Georgia May King, the actress who played Elena on Merlin last season. They've been together for about a year now.

So nice to know the anti-shirtless anti-Bradley troll is still hanging around.

by Anonymousreply 907/28/2011

R9, and are you the pro-Bradley troll?

Do you think he's ever been with a guy at drama school or anywhere else?

He's going to be pretty dull if he's just a generic straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 1007/28/2011

when does the new season start?

by Anonymousreply 1107/28/2011

R11, it should air starting in September or October. Apparently it's going to be a full 13-episode season (last year they said it was going to be reduced to 10 episodes due to budget constraints, and it was also rumored it would be pushed to 2012 to avoid conflicts with Doctor Who, but now it appears to be back to 13 episodes in the autumn).%0D %0D List of possible spoilers and plot points (and cam footage of the trailer shown at Comic Con) at the link.

by Anonymousreply 1207/29/2011

I thought the producers said they didn't have a big enough budget to stretch it to 13 episodes and could only do 10.

Why are they back to 13?

In any event, hopefully this will be its last season. It isn't really going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 1307/29/2011

R13, I think from the beginning the producers envisioned it as a 5-series show, and apparently that's how they're planning the story arcs. With its steadily improving ratings (last season had its highest ratings ever, and even beat out Doctor Who), it's probably unlikely that they'll cut things off with the next season.%0D %0D I think there's a wealth of backstory and lore they could draw on to make interesting plots... it's just that series 3 didn't really draw on much of it, and had a lot of mediocre and bad filler episodes that didn't serve any purpose.%0D %0D From the trailer footage it seems like they're going to have Morgana play a full-out villain (unfortunately abandoning any early attempts from season 1 to have her be a complex character instead of a cartoon), but they're also going to involve the knights more? I don't know; I think the strongest episodes have concentrated either on Merlin and Arthur's relationship or on Arthurian lore; when they move away from that towards monster of the week stuff I tend to lose interest. Still, I'll probably end up watching each and every episode.

by Anonymousreply 1407/29/2011

R14, I don't think it's ratings beat Doctor Who.

And I think the only highly-rated episodes were the last couple.

by Anonymousreply 1507/29/2011

Does not ping for me, at all.

by Anonymousreply 1607/29/2011

I don't think he does either, R16.

That's what I said above - he seems like a boring straight guy, and such a stereotypical jock:

favorite thing: football

favorite food: steak

doesn't read books

dates blondes

by Anonymousreply 1707/29/2011

R15, Doctor Who Series 5 (when Matt Smith was first introduced, and Steven Moffat first took charge) started out much stronger (10 million premiere, 8 million for the first few episodes after that), but eventually dwindled to the 6.5-7.5 million range. The series 5 finale had an audience of 6.7 million.%0D %0D Merlin series 3 started out in the 6.5 range, but the last 7 episodes of the 13-episode season were all above 6.8 million, steadily rising to a season finale audience of 7.7 million.%0D %0D So maybe on an overall season basis Doctor Who had slightly stronger ratings, but for the latter halves of the season Merlin definitely finished stronger and above Doctor Who. The fact that the two are even comparable should be surprising, given Doctor Who's long history and familiarity, and the hype and press surrounding it and its actors, vs. Merlin's admittedly cheesier and lower-rent origins.%0D %0D In any case, Merlin's ratings aren't really in the range to indicate premature cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 1807/29/2011

So why is he dating Georgia King, anyway?

And why doesn't he admit to it? When he's asked about it on Twitter by viewers of the show, he keeps avoiding the question.

by Anonymousreply 1907/29/2011

R19, Georgia King played Elena? I thought she was pretty, but more than that a fairly talented and appealing comic actress. I don't see anything strange about him dating her vs. someone else.%0D %0D Maybe he wants to keep his private life private and not braodcast his personal life to all his Twitter followers and the press? (and he's expressed some discomfort before about fans who aren't able to separate who he is in real life from the "prince" he plays). I've never heard anyone say that press attention and living in a fishbowl were particularly healthy for relationships, and the Kardashians of the world don't really counter that notion.

by Anonymousreply 2007/29/2011

R20, he is only a minor actor so it's not as if he's getting that many questions compared to an A-list star. And he used to talk a bit about his personal life in interviews before he started dating her, so why has he clammed up?

by Anonymousreply 2107/29/2011

R21, true, but even minor actors (on nonetheless semi-popular shows) can have obsessive or creepy fans who are a bit too invested in his personal life, or get offended / angry that an actor or character they like isn't dating the person they want him to, so maybe he wants to avoid that altogether.%0D %0D And was he really that open about his personal life before? I've been following Merlin for a while, and it seems like there are always "rumors" about who the cast is dating, but nothing ever confirmed by the cast themselves, including Bradley (which is why there were rumors that he was dating Angel Coulby, etc.) I just can't remember any of them providing specifics on their personal lives, vs. general statements about going on dates, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2207/29/2011

R22, up until last year, when Bradley and Colin had been interviewed and asked if they had girlfriends, both had said no and had revealed they were single. They didn't seem to mind doing that. But the moment that Bradley started dating Georgia King, that changed. Now he won't answer questions.

His female fans do not like her. She is not that attractive or talented, and I may post some links later to sites where she is being bashed.

by Anonymousreply 2307/29/2011

He supposedly hooked up with Georgia Moffet when she guest starred a couple of years ago, too.

by Anonymousreply 2407/29/2011

[quote]And he used to talk a bit about his personal life in interviews before he started dating her, so why has he clammed up?

He didn't talk about it that much then except to make the occasional mention that he was single.

It is never a good idea for any actor on a cult hit show, especially a scifi/fantasy show, to talk about the people they're dating. It's an open invitation for the psycho jealous fangurls to come out in full force and attack the girlfriends mercilessly online.

[quote]His female fans do not like her...I may post some links later to sites where she is being bashed.

My point exactly. I'll bet those fans wouldn't care less about Georgia if she weren't dating Bradley.

by Anonymousreply 2507/29/2011

[quote]He supposedly hooked up with Georgia Moffet

Being that Moffet was dating David Tennant and according to an episode commentary Tennant was on set when they filmed her Merlin episode, I find this hard to believe.

He and Angel have confirmed they're just friends.

by Anonymousreply 2607/30/2011

You lot are a load of retards please keep the shirtless scenes, I mean god I love his body and if he likes playing football then that's what he likes, I hate reding books, why force yourself to do something if you don't like doing it. You all need to get a grip of your own lives and stop picking on his!!!! Rant over!!!

by Anonymousreply 2708/13/2012

Looks like the spawn of Brad Pitt & Jane Lynch.

by Anonymousreply 2808/13/2012

Amazing. You claim he doesn't talk about his personal life then in the same breath turn around and claim he's dating Georgia King. Neither of them ever confirmed it and I don't think they are or ever did for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 2910/27/2012

They have confirmed it you twits. They're on bloody vacation together in the US at the moment and have been for weeks. Georgia had to delete her twitter because of the crazies that sent her hate messages just because she's dating Bradley. It's pathetic, absolutely PATHETIC on the part of these so called "fans" that they think it is okay to harass his girlfriend. Also, the people calling her unattractive, wow, jealous much? She's beautiful and her and Bradley seem really happy together so enough already FFS!

Newsflash: Bradley is NOT going to date any of you losers! My GOD, grow up!

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2012

Bradley has a big ass

by Anonymousreply 3111/12/2012

R31 pic please!

by Anonymousreply 3211/12/2012

Yes Pics please!!!

by Anonymousreply 3311/12/2012

R30 seems unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 3411/12/2012

OP the main thing we know is that you're fat and that you watch too much TV.

by Anonymousreply 3511/12/2012

What? Bradley and Georgia King are not on vacation together. She lives there and he is there vacationing. That does not mean they are dating. It's a rather large state and just because two people are there at the same time does not mean they are dating. Speaking of twits.

by Anonymousreply 3611/15/2012

"Bradley has a big ass"

Link please. English guys are not known for big asses.

by Anonymousreply 3811/15/2012

his ass is huge... merlin has even poked fun at his weight over the seasons.

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2012

"his ass is huge... merlin has even poked fun at his weight over the seasons."

Again, link please.

What does "poked fun at his weight" mean? The size of his ass or his weight in general?

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2012

Let's see the BJ shirtless pics too!

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2012

Angel Coulby is fugly as sin. I hope if he IS dating her that they break up soon. She's fug as sin. And she never should have cast as Guinevere, who is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4201/01/2013

I've just seen several pix of him and Georgia making out on different places online. So yeah, he's dating her, not Angel and it seems like they've been together a few years, probably living together at this point.

There IS a weird fangurl around who insists he's dating Angel, Angel is not his type. Blondes are his type.

by Anonymousreply 4301/26/2013

Please post the link to these pictures of Bradley kissing Georgia? Not fake ones, actual pictures.

by Anonymousreply 4402/14/2013

Real pic of BJ with Georgia

by Anonymousreply 4502/14/2013

Here he is with Georgia at a game

by Anonymousreply 4602/14/2013

This is a really INSANE fangurl forum for him but they're all seriously batshit. Owned by "Blinded By Science", this forum needs to be trolled.

They are convinced he's dating Angel Coulby. As IF.

But he's not.

One thing I wish is that he'd get together with that guy from Lewis (something Fox) and get a production company together - get some scripts. Keep the English accent.

Both are not working but in LA.

by Anonymousreply 4702/14/2013

Your pics did not turn up, r45/46!

by Anonymousreply 4802/15/2013

R48, fix your links, please.

by Anonymousreply 4902/16/2013

Threads like this need pics... how is it there aren't any decent embedded pics like this one yet?

by Anonymousreply 5002/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.