Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does anyone else have music that brings them to tears?

Mine is Beethoven's Symphony No. 7, Second Movement. I have no clue what the guy was thinking but damn it's sad sounding. A Johnny Cash song does the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 25606/09/2013

Oh, yeah. Tons. Not a classical music expert but Faure's "Pavane, Op. 50" gets me every time.

Also, Tracy Chapman "The Promise."

Keane "Somewhere Only We Know"

The Carpenters "Solitaire"

"A Little Fall of Rain" from LES MISERABLES

Yeah, I'm a sap.

by Anonymousreply 107/26/2011

Sometimes some of the music in Miss Saigon makes me cry. %0D %0D But what always makes me a blubbering fool is the Philip Glass soundtrack to The Hours. I don't love the film, but the music is very emotional for me. When a good friend of mine (I was a little in love with him too) was moving out of state, it was this album that I was listening to on our last night together.

by Anonymousreply 207/26/2011

This is my go to cry song.

by Anonymousreply 307/26/2011

The Four Last Songs by Ricard Strauss

by Anonymousreply 407/26/2011

"Go West" the Pet Shop Boys version. Reminds me of my friend Bill, who moved out to LA and in the end, died of AIDS. For some reason, this song can make me tear up.

by Anonymousreply 507/26/2011

Copland's "The Promise of Living" from The Tender Land. I love this YouTube clip someone put together--it fits perfectly with the music.

by Anonymousreply 607/26/2011

Nick Cave - Into My Arms

by Anonymousreply 707/26/2011

Barber's "Adagio for Strings." It's used in movies a lot.

by Anonymousreply 807/26/2011

SALT N PEPA: Don't Want No Short Dick Man!

by Anonymousreply 907/26/2011

I only knew I liked the Dixie Chicks due to their brave stance against that piece of shit W when it was really unpopular to do so but this might be the greatest love song ever.

by Anonymousreply 1007/26/2011

The ending note.

by Anonymousreply 1107/26/2011

Speaking of Barber's Adagio for Strings...

Does anyone else think that is two people fucking? Many years ago, a friend and I were listening to Leonard Bernstein's version, accompanied by copious amounts of pot. At exactly the same time we blurted out something like, "Barber's describing two people having sex!"

Now, years later, I still can't shake that image of two people having lovely sex to that lovely adagio.

by Anonymousreply 1207/26/2011

No doubt I'll get flamed for admitting this on Datalounge, BUT...%0D %0D 'O'Holy Night' always brings me to tears, especially when I hear it sung by a contemporary singler like Tracy Chapman or Celine Dione. Something about it to me is both beautiful and reminiscent of my childhood and has an odd effect on me. %0D %0D Also, hearing Tracy Chapman sing 'The Promise' chokes me up. Oddly, I'm not a big Tracy Chapman fan but have just mentioned two songs she sings that make me cry. humm, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 1307/26/2011

On DL? Are you kidding? Some of these queens have an entire collection that brings them to tears.

Movies, too, I'd guess.

by Anonymousreply 1407/26/2011

I don't like REM, but there is just one line in one of their songs that makes me tear. It's form E-bow the Letter, and ther line is, "Will you live to 83? Will you ever welcome me, will you show me something that nobody else has seen?"

by Anonymousreply 1507/26/2011

No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)

Bitch tried to hold on to that long note---longer than me!

There were definitely tears.

by Anonymousreply 1607/26/2011

Lots of stuff by the waterboys.something about mike scotts voice moves me so. It might have something to do with my mom playing him constantly when she was pregger with me.

by Anonymousreply 1707/26/2011

Hallelujah, especially the version by Jeff what's-his-name, the dead guy

by Anonymousreply 1807/26/2011

R4, I love you.%0D %0D "All Apologies," by Nirvana

by Anonymousreply 1907/26/2011

"A Johnny Cash song does the same thing."%0D %0D His cover of NIN's "Hurt", perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 2007/26/2011

Happy tears -- the trumpet solo in String of Pearls

Sad tears -- You Light Up My Life. Played at the funeral of a friend, murdered at 23.

by Anonymousreply 2107/26/2011

The Marseillaise

by Anonymousreply 2207/26/2011

Here's a link to a great version.

Roberto Alagna "La Marseillaise"

by Anonymousreply 2307/26/2011

One time sitting in a 7-11 parking lot in my car it started snowing just as that song "Another Auld Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg was playing.

by Anonymousreply 2407/26/2011

Turandot.

Danny Boy.

The Rose.

Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

Angel.

Bridge Over Troubled Water.

My Immortal.

by Anonymousreply 2507/26/2011

"Ave Maria"

"The Last Thing On My Mind"

"Four Strong Winds"

by Anonymousreply 2607/26/2011

I'm with you OP. I first heard that piece of music when I was about 14 and it never ceases to get to me. %0D %0D Bob Seger's "Drummer Boy" always affects me to. I think it's the combination of his gravelled voice with the innocence of the song.

by Anonymousreply 2707/26/2011

Crowded House - Better Be Home Soon (personal)

by Anonymousreply 2807/26/2011

"Fiddler's Green" by The Tragically Hip, written about the death of the lead singer's infant nephew. I have teared up listening to it - a brilliant song, but so, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 2907/26/2011

Here's the piece that does it for me: Rachmaninov's Symphony #2, 3rd Movement. Some make recognize it as "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again." Rachmaninov had very serious writer's block after the premiere of his 1st Symphony and the bad reviews that followed. He thought he couldn't write beautiful music anymore. He went to a hypnotist and shortly after wrote this piece and is stunning 2nd Piano Concerto.

by Anonymousreply 3007/26/2011

"Sometimes some of the music in Miss Saigon makes me cry."

Me too, but for different reasons ;-)

So many pieces of music can make me cry, including many moments from operas and musicals. Among pop songs, two that are immediately come to mind are "Another Auld Lang Syne" (previously mentioned) and Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street." There's something so terribly lonely and sad about that last one, it really wrecks me. And that incredible, repeated saxophone solo -- devastating.

by Anonymousreply 3107/26/2011

[quote]Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street." There's something so terribly lonely and sad about that last one, it really wrecks me. And that incredible, repeated saxophone solo -- devastating.

Same here.

Now, I'm gonna cry just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 3207/26/2011

"One" by U2

Definitely "Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys, that works on so many levels. Makes me cry for the generations of gay men who moved flocked to California for freedom.

"Forever" by Kenny Loggins (don't laugh!). Reminds me of saying goodbye to my first real boyfriend before we went our separate ways to college in 1986.

by Anonymousreply 3307/26/2011

"Being Boring" by Pet Shop Boys.

The cover of Roy Harper's "Another day", sung by Liz Fraser on the first This Mortal Coil album.

"Host of Seraphim" by Dead Can Dance.

by Anonymousreply 3407/26/2011

Albert Hammond's "It Never Rains In Southern California"

by Anonymousreply 3507/26/2011

Hello In There. Bette Midler's version.

Alone Again, Naturally by Gilbert O'Sullivan. I was a lonely, scared little boy with a dysfunctional family and that song spoke to me in my childhood. It was my anthem for a long time.

A lot of songs about loneliness and isolation can make me tear up.

by Anonymousreply 3607/26/2011

Doesn't bring me to tears, but last night the cat turned on the radio and it was tuned to a classic vinyl station which played some good tunes and then, all of a sudden, "A Day in the Life" came on. %0D %0D It always sounds so desolate coming out of the radio.

by Anonymousreply 3707/26/2011

Amy Winehouse - Valerie Yes, I'm a cliche

by Anonymousreply 3807/26/2011

Bruce Springsteen, "My City Of Ruins" gets me every time.

by Anonymousreply 3907/26/2011

Cat Power, King Rides By, breaks my heart.

by Anonymousreply 4007/26/2011

The Horst Wessel Song.

by Anonymousreply 4107/26/2011

Through the Eyes of Love.

by Anonymousreply 4207/26/2011

Baker Street! I'm not the only one! Also

Jesus to a Child - George Michael

and

This must be the place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads

by Anonymousreply 4307/26/2011

Tomorrow Wendy by Concrete Blonde.

Its about a woman that decides to kill herself after learning she has HIV.

by Anonymousreply 4407/26/2011

Gollum's Theme from LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy. It is played during the credits for THE TWO TOWERS.

by Anonymousreply 4507/26/2011

Bridge Over Troubled Waters by Simon & Garfunkel.

by Anonymousreply 4607/26/2011

Looking Out -- Brandi Carlile

by Anonymousreply 4707/26/2011

Betty Buckley's version of As If We Never Said Goodbye on Live at Carnegie and Mary Blige's version of U2's One. Awesome vocals.

by Anonymousreply 4807/26/2011

No Easy Way Down - Dusty Springfield

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - The Carpenters

by Anonymousreply 4907/26/2011

Another vote for Baker Street. I don't know what it is about that song, but it always makes me feel nostalgic and melancholy. And some more oldies:

Midnight Cowboy Theme (heard it when I was a kid and before I ever saw the movie and it tore me up).

Only The Lonely and What's New from Frank Sinatra's Only The Lonely cd.

I Remember You - Nat King Cole

By Myself - Judy Garland

by Anonymousreply 5007/26/2011

Enya%E2%80%99s Caribbean blue.%0D %0D It reminds me of a very good high school friend who died. He was very shy and very beautiful. I used to dream about him and in my dream he kept getting further and further away and for some reason whenever I hear that song I think of that dream, of me trying to keep up with him and calling him back.

by Anonymousreply 5107/26/2011

"The End of the World" - Matt Alber%0D %0D Give it a look/listen if you've never heard it.

by Anonymousreply 5207/26/2011

I have to add this song "That Home" by Cinematic Orchestra. First heard it on Ugly Betty of all places during a poignant scene where she was reluctantly leaving her Manhattan apartment to go back to Queens. This song blew me away (made me cry) and I hunted for it for months to no avail, but thank goodness for YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 5307/26/2011

"Chavelah" from Fiddler on the Roof. And no I am not Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 5407/26/2011

Hope there's someone-Antony and the Johnsons.

Every time it appears on my Ipod I just skipped it,I'm not strong enough.

by Anonymousreply 5507/26/2011

Another vote for Baker Street.

by Anonymousreply 5607/26/2011

R52, that's really beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 5707/26/2011

"Go Tell Aunt Rhody."

by Anonymousreply 5807/26/2011

R57 - Isn't it? Now I'm all verklempt.

by Anonymousreply 5907/26/2011

Annie Lennox - LOST%0D kd lang - MY OLD ADDICTION%0D %0D Both for personal reasons but both make me feel overwhelmingly lonely and sad.

by Anonymousreply 6007/26/2011

American Tune by Simon and Garfunkel reminds me of 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 6107/26/2011

Frankly, any 80's music makes me very sad, because I was a kid then and I just loved the music and the times (not really giving Reagan or AIDS a thought). When I hear Level 42 in particular, I feel so nostalgic for times that seemed to be so creative in music.

by Anonymousreply 6207/26/2011

Art Garfunkel - All I Know

by Anonymousreply 6307/26/2011

"Hello In There. Bette Midler's version."

Natalie Merchant's version (duet with michael stipe) gets me in the same way. So does her version of When They Ring the Golden Bells.

I often find Natalie too earnest, bordering on maudlin, but when she hits it, she's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 6407/26/2011

My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas

by Anonymousreply 6507/26/2011

Rebecca Black's "Friday".

by Anonymousreply 6607/26/2011

Gilbert Price - I've Gotta Be Me

by Anonymousreply 6707/26/2011

A beautiful melody or arrangement always makes me cry.

by Anonymousreply 6807/26/2011

Yes. The theme song from Josie and the Pussy Cats.

by Anonymousreply 6907/26/2011

The last three minutes of "Cinema Paradisio."

by Anonymousreply 7007/26/2011

Wicked Little Town, reprise - from Hedwig

Much of the music from the soundtrack to The Portrait of a Lady, especially the clip below. The whole album though is fantastic.

You Avoid Parties - The Posies (personal reasons)

Being Boring - Pet Shop Boys

Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen

Praying For Time and Mother's Boy - George Michael

by Anonymousreply 7107/26/2011

Cats.

by Anonymousreply 7207/26/2011

"Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys gets me every time too.

Also:

Danny Boy

Hallelujah

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Cat's in the Cradle

by Anonymousreply 7307/26/2011

Valse Triste, by Sibelius%0D %0D It is night. The son, who has been watching beside the bedside of his sick mother, has fallen asleep from sheer weariness. Gradually a ruddy light is diffused through the room: there is a sound of distant music: the glow and the music steal nearer until the strains of a valse melody float distantly to our ears.%0D %0D The sleeping mother awakens, rises from her bed and, in her long white garment, which takes the semblance of a ball dress, begins to move silently and slowly to and fro. She waves her hands and beckons in time to the music, as though she were summoning a crowd of invisible guests. And now they appear, these strange visionary couples, turning and gliding to an unearthly valse rhythm. The dying woman mingles with the dancers; she strives to make them look into her eyes, but the shadowy guests one and all avoid her glance. Then she seems to sink exhausted on her bed and the music breaks off. Presently she gathers all her strength and invokes the dance once more, with more energetic gestures than before. Back come the shadowy dancers, gyrating in a wild, mad rhythm. The weird gaiety reaches a climax; there is a knock at the door, which flies wide open; the mother utters a despairing cry; the spectral guests vanish; the music dies away. Death stands on the threshold

by Anonymousreply 7407/26/2011

"We Would All Go Down Together" and "Allentown" by Billy Joel. I think he was very depressed when he released that album.

by Anonymousreply 7507/26/2011

The old standard NEVERTHELESS:%0D %0D Maybe I'll live a life of regret%0D Maybe I'll give much more than I'll get%0D But nevertheless I'm in love with you...

by Anonymousreply 7607/26/2011

To the pussy, crybaby at R13, I'm with you buddy. When "Oh Holy Night" is sung by someone with a powerful voice or a strong choir, it really gives me goosebumps. I do 'fall on my knees' during the chorus...and that is not meant in a sexual way at all.

by Anonymousreply 7707/26/2011

I'm sure this is on no one's shortlist, but what a beautiful song (written by Mika, by the way):

by Anonymousreply 7807/26/2011

'Soon', Jon Anderson

by Anonymousreply 7907/26/2011

Johnny Cash did a cover of a Spain song, Spiritual, not too long before he died.

It's one of the most plaintive, moving performances I've ever heard. I can't ever get through it without falling into tears. The end of it, when his voice suddenly goes up a few notes, kills me every time.

by Anonymousreply 8007/26/2011

r71 i totally forgot about Wicked Little Town. The Breeders version is amazing. Partly because you can see how hard Kim Deal seems to work to keep it together.

by Anonymousreply 8107/26/2011

Spirit of '76 by The Alarm

by Anonymousreply 8207/26/2011

Bach's Double Violin Concerto does it for me, every time. %0D %0D And then there's Judy Garland's "Over the Rainbow" from her Carnegie Hall Concert. Flame away...

by Anonymousreply 8307/26/2011

"Angel Mine" from Cowboy Junkies has a mildly positive lyric, but the song is so somber that it really makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 8407/26/2011

Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens

by Anonymousreply 8507/26/2011

"Sunday In The Park With George"

by Anonymousreply 8607/26/2011

Bernadette Peters singing "Unexpected Song". I first heard this song when I fell in love for the first time. It was like this moment of breakthrough where suddenly I realized that I actually UNDERSTOOD what all those love songs were about!!.

And then we broke up. Now it makes me think of being innocent and young, and makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 8707/26/2011

r86 - Do you mean "Sunday" at the end of the first act? %0D %0D That one gets me every time (along with many that have already been mentioned).

by Anonymousreply 8807/26/2011

I'll second "A Little Fall of Rain" from Les Miz.%0D %0D Also, "Not a Day Goes By," especially Bernadette Peters's version.%0D %0D And John Barrowman's "Tell My Father" -- beautiful song, perfect performance.%0D %0D Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings" always takes me back to Beaches...and makes me cry.

by Anonymousreply 8907/26/2011

[quote]Do you mean "Sunday" at the end of the first act? %0D %0D R88 Yes - I just hear the first strains of that music and my eyes begin to well with tears. However - so much of that score is imbued with such an emotional beauty that the entire show deserves mention.

by Anonymousreply 9007/26/2011

Great choices on here --almost used "Angel Mine" in a movie I made but was ultimately too expensive, especially since I wanted to change the movie title to the song's, as well. And I still think "Angel Mine" is a great title (if someone else hasn't grabbed it already). So beautiful.

And the scene of Tommy signing "Wicked Little Town" to Hedwig at the movie's end turns me into a puddle, more so than just the CD track. A hugely important movie to me since I was dealing with my own Tommy Gnosis at the time.

But for me it's James Blunt's "Beautiful"; I have to leave the room if I hear it in public, can't listen in front of anyone since I know what's coming. And, yeah, it involves that "angel with the smile on her face when she thought up that I should be with you". And then the time to face the truth...

Ditto, "Carrickfergus" -- looong before they played it at JFK Jr.'s funeral.

by Anonymousreply 9107/27/2011

[quote]"Go West" the Pet Shop Boys version. Reminds me of my friend Bill, who moved out to LA and in the end, died of AIDS. For some reason, this song can make me tear up%0D %0D I agree with the Pet Shop Boys version of "Go West". It has a danceable haunting sound to it, but with a very sad interlude at the very end of the song, you have to wait a few minutes to hear it, because their is a very long pause till it starts.

by Anonymousreply 9207/27/2011

[quote]Being Boring - Pet Shop Boys %0D %0D That's probably my all time favorite song by the Pet Shop Boys, very moody and haunting. I also want to add "rent" as my next favorite.

by Anonymousreply 9307/27/2011

You guys are good, great list so far. Here's my favorites:%0D %0D 1.) Go West - Pet Shop Boys%0D %0D 2.) Being Boring - Pet Shop Boys%0D %0D 3.) Shannon - Henry Gross%0D %0D 4.) Rainy Days & Mondays - The Carpenters%0D %0D 5.) Good Night - The Beatles%0D %0D 6.) Danny Boy - Elvis Presley%0D %0D 7.) Back To Black - Amy Winehouse%0D %0D 8.) Fire and Rain - James Taylor%0D %0D 9.) Maybe Tomorrow - The Jackson 5ive%0D %0D 10.) New World Coming - Mama Cass Elliot%0D %0D 11.) What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong (Reminds me of my cat that I lost many years ago)

by Anonymousreply 9407/27/2011

James Taylor- Fire and Rain Patty Loveless - How Can I help you say goodbye Ben Folds - Brick Martina McBride- Concrete Angel Elton John - Daniel

by Anonymousreply 9507/27/2011

How Deep Is Your Love, The Bee Gees. I remember very clearly tearing up the first time I heard this back in 1977 and that was just from the first few opening notes. I know it's not cool to like The Bee Gees, but it was just such a beautifully done song.

by Anonymousreply 9607/27/2011

The last song that caused a tear for me was Bluish by Animal Collective.

by Anonymousreply 9707/27/2011

Clair de Lune by Debussy seems to strike a primal emotional nerve with me. I reflexively tear up. I don't know why but I do every freaking time.

by Anonymousreply 9807/27/2011

I know no one here, well most gays, have no idea who Tom Waits is, but his song Time is easily one of the most heartbreaking, beautiful songs ever written.

by Anonymousreply 9907/27/2011

Tom Waits fan here.

by Anonymousreply 10007/27/2011

Wow Baker Street also. Reminds me when I moved to Boston full time in '78 and the world seemed limitless. This of course was before the deluge that would come in a few short years. Also Sylvester's You Are My Friend Live at the SF Opera House...the interaction between him, Martha and Azora and the audience was amzing. Ditto Judy Live at Carnegie and her version of San Franciso with attendant audience freak out. I was out in SF about 7 years ago for a Trocadero old timers dance party and Robbie Leslie played Donna Summer and the entire MacArthur Park suite and when it tracked into Heaven Knows I lost it. Many disco songs can make me cry. Mostly for the amount of time and people that have passed by.

by Anonymousreply 10107/27/2011

Really r100, I'm 25 and hardly any of my friends know who Tom Waits is. Of course they don't know who Joanna Newsom, 50footwave or Gillian Welch is either.

by Anonymousreply 10207/27/2011

Speaking Gillian Welch, her version of Black Star is so beautiful and sad, it always makes me emotional, so much so I don't listen to it very often. Funnily I have no connection or interest for Radiohead's original version.

by Anonymousreply 10307/27/2011

Tom Waits is a unique talent.

by Anonymousreply 10407/27/2011

I Get along without you very well--- Carly Simon%0D %0D The Sun's Gone Dim--- J%C3%B3hann J%C3%B3hannsson %0D %0D Ballad of the Sad Young Men--- Roberta Flack%0D %0D The Long and Winding Road--- when hearing and seeing Paul Mc play it live with the vid screens showing Arizona deserts and scenes, knowing that Linda Mc died at their home in Arizona%0D %0D Hurt--- Johnny Cash%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10507/27/2011

Tom Waits - "Coney Island Baby"

by Anonymousreply 10607/27/2011

Bob Dylan - "Most Of The Time"

by Anonymousreply 10707/27/2011

The Smiths - "Please, Let Me Get What I Want"

by Anonymousreply 10807/27/2011

Time

by Anonymousreply 10907/27/2011

Dumb by Nirvana makes me cry for myself when I am in that sad, self destructive mood.

There is a Light That Will Never Go Out by the Smiths is just heartbreaking.

Fast Car by Tracy Chapman makes me miss my Dad.

I am sure there are more...

by Anonymousreply 11007/27/2011

Oh God, another vote for Fire and Rain.

by Anonymousreply 11107/27/2011

Huge Tom Waits fan checking in. Many of his songs bring me to tears. Downtown Train (he wrote Springsteen's Downbound Train); Red Rose Blooming on Another Man's Vine (or something like that); The Piano's Been Drinking, Not Me; Get Me to New Orleans...

And what was that Sarah McLaughlin song they played while showing suffering, beaten up, bleeding stray animals? Oh Lord, that was tough to watch.

At Seventeen by Janis Ian - well, lots of hers really.

Daniel by Elton John.

Memory by Andrew Lloyd Weber. Also Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again and Close Every Door.

I Am Weary Let Me Rest - from the Oh Brother Where Art Thou album. Other songs on there are touching too - I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow and Oh Death

by Anonymousreply 11207/27/2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk a lonely road The only one that I have ever known Don't know where it goes But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams Where the city sleeps and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone I walk alone I walk alone...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me 'Til then I walk alone...

by Anonymousreply 11307/27/2011

[italic]Ain't no angel gonna greet me, it's just you and I, my friend.

And my clothes don't fit me no more. Walked a thousand miles just to slip this skin.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 11407/27/2011

Joe Strummer's cover of Redemption Song

John Prine, Christmas in Prison

Leonard Cohen, Ain't No Cure For Love

Taylor Swift, Mine (MARY!)

by Anonymousreply 11507/27/2011

Tears in Heaven, Clapton Back to Black, Amy Winehouse Alone Again Naturally, Gilbert O'Sullivan Hallelujah, Leonard Cohen Vincent (Starry Starry Night), Don McLean

by Anonymousreply 11607/27/2011

The Meditation from THAIS

by Anonymousreply 11707/27/2011

1) Lonesome Town, Ricky Nelson;

2) Wildwood Flower, Reese Witherspoon's version is the best (really);

3) Fire & Rain, James Taylor or John Denver;

4) Back to Black, Amy Winehouse;

5) My Immortal, Evanescence;

6) Angel, Sarah McLachlan;

7) Coward of the County, Kenny Rogers;

8) Danny Boy, any well song rendition;

9) The Rose, Bette Midler;

10) Have You Ever Seen the Rain? CCR or Joan Jett

by Anonymousreply 11807/27/2011

Macushla...Irish song ....was in film Michael collins.

by Anonymousreply 11907/27/2011

Vincent - Don MacLean - my nephew committed suicide.

Have a Little Faith in Me - John Hiatt

by Anonymousreply 12007/27/2011

Johnny Cash & Bob Dylan - Girl from the North Country

by Anonymousreply 12107/27/2011

Tara MacLean - If You Could See Me Now

Heartbreaking, really, the pain in that song.

by Anonymousreply 12207/28/2011

Every damn time...

Eva Cassidy

Fields of Gold

by Anonymousreply 12307/28/2011

Shannon-about the dog dying-I'm a blubbering mess by the end no matter where I hear it.%0D %0D "I Never Dreamed Someone Like you Could Want Someone Like Me"-from Carrie. I can never make it through the scene where this is sung without wailing.

by Anonymousreply 12407/28/2011

The most unlikely performance of "Ol' Man River" -- but when she sings "I get weary and sick of trying / I'm tired of living but scared of dying" the tears start...

by Anonymousreply 12507/28/2011

Joe Henry, Scar.

by Anonymousreply 12607/28/2011

Don't kill me, but I can't hear 'Over the Rainbow' without getting sad. A childhood thing, I think.

by Anonymousreply 12707/28/2011

Leontynne Price, Un Bel Di. Sublime.

by Anonymousreply 12807/28/2011

Fairytale of New York - The Pogues

by Anonymousreply 12907/28/2011

Price's Un Bel Di Vedremo is indeed amazing, probably the best ever. Chills run up my spine every time I hear it.

People can say whatever they will about Puccini, but the guy knew how to write beautiful melodies.

by Anonymousreply 13007/28/2011

Not just the music, but the video for It's My Life by Talk Talk brings a tear. I love the animals, what can I say?

by Anonymousreply 13107/28/2011

Johnny Cash's cover of One

by Anonymousreply 13207/28/2011

My little Welsh Home by Bryn Terfel. Makes me cry every time and I'm not even Welsh (or close to British).

by Anonymousreply 13307/28/2011

Hallelujah, Jeff Buckley

I know it gets lampooned around around here, but holy cow what a sad song.

by Anonymousreply 13407/28/2011

This one. Hallelujah, Jeff Buckley. Always brings a tear to my eye.

by Anonymousreply 13507/28/2011

I'd usually laugh at something as corny as this, but it never fails to give me a lump in my throat.

by Anonymousreply 13607/28/2011

Throwimg Muses, Delicate Cutters

by Anonymousreply 13707/28/2011

Lover you should've come over - Jeff Buckley%0D "Shes the tear that hangs inside my soul forever"%0D %0D I am a huge Buckley fan. There are many of his songs that I just cant listen to if I am feeling emotional.

by Anonymousreply 13807/28/2011

An example of Leontyne Price's "Un bel di vendremo" from Butterfly from 1973.

by Anonymousreply 13907/28/2011

Love that song R138, that stanza is lyrical perfection. Buckley's Grace makes me cry if only as a reminder of a particularly scary/challenging moment in my life

R97 - Bluish has such a gorgeous sentiment

R54 - Sunrise, Sunset does it for me (painfully reminds me of two little Jewish kids I used to love to death)

Mine would have to be Bjork's 'All is Full of Love', the greatest hits version. It's my own personal non-secular hymn I listen to when down, and so moving I can't listen to it without crying.

by Anonymousreply 14007/28/2011

Good Riddance (Time of your life) by Greenday.%0D Makes me think of my mom who died very suddenly%0D and unexpectedly at a fairly young age.%0D %0D Dear Mr. President by Pink. Very moving lyrics.%0D %0D Seasons in the Sun. As a kid, I saw a local cable show where they had children on who were available for adoption. There were three siblings on singing this song and it broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 14107/28/2011

OP's analysis of her response to the second movement of Beethoven's Seventh Symphony is a delight. The lack of curiosity or understanding is perfectly balanced with a satisfied response.

I hummed her casually intelligence-and-spirit-annihilating words to a robin's aimless tune, and it made me cry, but at least I know why.

by Anonymousreply 14207/28/2011

I'm with R55, Antony and The Johnsons' I Am A Bird. Teartastic!

Of course, the antidote is Hercules and Love Affair's Blind.

by Anonymousreply 14307/28/2011

Stardust sung by Nat King Cole

by Anonymousreply 14407/28/2011

Mr. Bojangles, Nina's version. " his dog up and died, after twenty years he still grieves",always makes me cry

by Anonymousreply 14507/28/2011

R142, I always found that movement really sexy, especially in Lenny's first version of it. Even before I associated it with Anouk Aimee.

by Anonymousreply 14607/28/2011

I have to already be a bit sad, but I find at times that Gregorian Chants can be so mournful and yet spiritual, as if humankind is crying out to an invisible "Father" for help yet only hear the echo of their own voices.

by Anonymousreply 14707/28/2011

%0D Eric Clapton's Danny Boy is the best I've ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 14807/28/2011

Chopin's "Nocturne"%0D %0D "Everything I Own" by Bread (David Gates wrote it about the sudden death of his father...my father died suddenly also...)%0D %0D "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton (I don't know how he ever sang this song without breaking down)%0D %0D "Goodbye to Love" by The Carpenters (Sadly, it's Karen Carpenter's theme song)

by Anonymousreply 14907/28/2011

All four of Chopin's Ballades move me to tears.%0D Brilliant pieces that rip your soul apart.

by Anonymousreply 15007/28/2011

Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony tears me to pieces because it was my grandmother's favorite piece. When I hear it I fall apart. I recall once when we sat in her home listening to it together, holding hands, and both of us sobbing at the beauty of it...especially the part played in this clip... devastating beauty.

by Anonymousreply 15107/28/2011

So Far Away- Carole King Stardust- Nat King Cole Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas- Judy Garland

by Anonymousreply 15207/28/2011

Still keeping with the classical theme. This song was from the film Death In Venice. It's so sad and brought me to tears once

by Anonymousreply 15307/28/2011

Here's to Life

by Anonymousreply 15407/29/2011

I'm a softy who cries during movies and t.v. shows, fair warning.

Hello Earth - Kate Bush: It's listening to the whole of The Ninth Wave. The moment when you know she's drowning, because the note is rising, but there's a sense of sinking, probably the sonar. It's brilliant (before the "deeper, deeper" line), but I'm usually crying by the time she starts singing "murderer! murderer of calm..."

The Show Must Go On - Queen - always made me sad, but the first time I heard it after Freddie died, I had to pull over to the side of the road because I was crying so hard.

An Ending (Ascent) - Brian Eno: sometimes this makes me weepy, but usually it just makes me feel very calm and at peace.

In This Twilight/Zero Sum - Nine Inch Nails: A one/two punch. I really want to know how the story ends...or continues?

Go or Go Ahead - Rufus Wainwright: "But oh Medusa kiss me and crucify This unholy notion of the mythic powers of love". Don't know why this gets me, since I'm happily married.

Half Life - Sneaker Pimps: I find the lyrics and music sad. Chris Corner never made me sad when he became IAMX, but I'm fine with that (Okay, maybe "My Secret Friend" and a couple more).

"Blue" - Mai Yamane, "Call Me, Call Me" - Steve Conte: Cowboy Bebop has the most brilliant music for an animated series, and is by composer Yoko Kanno. These two songs are so tied to the moments in the show, that I tear up whenever they play.

Some stuff from the Buffy episode, "Once More, with Feeling". Yeah, yeah, shut up.

by Anonymousreply 15507/29/2011

Alone Again, Naturally%0D %0D Aubrey%0D %0D Superstar%0D %0D We've Only Just Begun%0D %0D Song For Guy%0D %0D The Man With The Child In His Eyes%0D %0D Weight of the World%0D %0D I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song%0D %0D Out In The Country

by Anonymousreply 15607/29/2011

Big Bird singing 'It's not easy being green' at Jim Henson's memorial.

by Anonymousreply 15707/29/2011

Amy Winehouse live version of "Love is a Losing Game" and her crying at the end got to me.

by Anonymousreply 15807/29/2011

3 short years later, he would be gone, along with 250,000 of our friends, relatives and lovers.

by Anonymousreply 15907/29/2011

"What Would I Do?" from "Falsettos" still can bring me to tears. And the soundtrack to "Sophie's Choice."

by Anonymousreply 16007/29/2011

R159, you've got to be joking. That song is tedious as all fuck.

by Anonymousreply 16107/29/2011

[quote]We've Only Just Begun

Always makes me sad, even though it's sort of a hopeful song. The ending has a melancholy/uncertain feel to it.

by Anonymousreply 16207/29/2011

Dreadfully uncool, but Everything But the Girl's I don't want to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 16307/29/2011

This one by Eartha Kitt always brings me to tears.

I know... MARY!

by Anonymousreply 16407/29/2011

Sunday from Sunday in the Park with George hands down. It rocks my core and touches a part of me profoundly.%0D %0D Hymme L"Amour by Edith Piaf chokes me up as does Amazing Grace when played on a single instrument ( bagpipes, violin).%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 16507/29/2011

I see the empathy removal procedure worked, R161.

by Anonymousreply 16607/29/2011

Who can forget the late great Dusty Springfield's "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me"?

by Anonymousreply 16707/29/2011

...Nina Simone ..."If You Knew"

by Anonymousreply 16807/29/2011

...and the follow up, "For a While"

by Anonymousreply 16907/29/2011

Leonard Cohen's Dance Me To The End Of Love, especially with the video.

by Anonymousreply 17007/29/2011

Noises makes you cry?

by Anonymousreply 17107/29/2011

The six pieces of music GUARANTEED to bring me to tears every time:

The final movement of The Allman Brothers' "Mountain Jam." If you've never heard it, please take a listen. Many people have said it's the most beautiful six minutes of music ever recorded. The final movement is gorgeous alone, but positively transformative when heard in the context of the entire piece. Each of the musicians is at the very top of his game here. It makes my soul ache and soar at the same time.

Barber's "Adagio for Strings"

Blind Willie Johnson's "Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground"

Sibelius' "Finlandia"

"He Reached Down" and "God Walks the Dark Hills," by Iris Dement. You don't even have to be religious (Iris is not) to feel the power and progressive-liberal view of these songs. Helping your fellow sentient creatures is what it's all about.

Looking at my list I see a theme of loss. In most cases, despair, isolation/alienation, wandering, loss, and redemption (or hope for redemption of some sort). That's what life is, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 17207/29/2011

Thanks, R170. I had never heard that before and I was truly tearing up at such a haunting song of love.

by Anonymousreply 17307/29/2011

Linda Ronstadt and Kate and Anna McGarrigle, "Heart Like a Wheel"

by Anonymousreply 17407/29/2011

Kate Bush, "This Woman's Work"

by Anonymousreply 17507/29/2011

r 170 - thank you for turning me on to that video. I got so caught up in it I began thinking of my own parents marriage and I remember so much anger growing up but it just hit me there must have been that love there at some point.%0D %0D That was cathartic. Thanks. Thats what great music can do.

by Anonymousreply 17607/29/2011

Lisa Germano's Cry Wolf, although the song is about rape, it reminds me of a strained, volatile relationship with a bisexual ex-boyfriend. It emotionally took a lot from me and made me deeply distrustful of anyone for a long time. "Love can be bad, love is weird." you bet.

by Anonymousreply 17707/29/2011

Another vote for Gilbert O' Sullivan " Alone Again Naturally". ALWAYS gets a sniff out of me.

John Lennon's entire "Plastic Ono Band" album. The song "God" is just so.......emotionally raw. The whole album is, actually.

"Theme de Camille" Georges Delerue. Used in the movie "Casino", for your reference.

"Hurt" Johnny Cash version. He OWNS this song. He LIVED this song. Blows me away every time I hear it.

"Some Day We'll Be Together" by the Supremes. Played at a dear friends funeral.

by Anonymousreply 17807/29/2011

Obscure and unappreciated during his short lifetime (he was living with his parents at the time of his death), Nick Drake's become a cult item, and for good reason. This one tears me right open, it's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 17907/29/2011

Fruit Tree and Way to Blue are so, so sad. In fact all of Five Leaves Left is almost unbearable in it's subtle, humble heartbreak

by Anonymousreply 18007/29/2011

"Unusual Way" as sung by Griffith Frank on the soundtrack of NINE. The video for it makes it clear that he's singing about a chick but I prefer to think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 18107/29/2011

this is my newest tear-jerker.

by Anonymousreply 18207/29/2011

This one. The lead singer would be dead in a couple years

by Anonymousreply 18307/29/2011

r172 here, here's a better dubbed version

by Anonymousreply 18407/29/2011

Butterfly Kisses. Makes me sob where I hear it!

by Anonymousreply 18507/29/2011

I LOVE Lover You Should've Come Over, but it doesn't really make me cry so much as it's just intense and beautiful. Great selection though

Here's one:

by Anonymousreply 18607/29/2011

Another..

by Anonymousreply 18707/29/2011

I agree with many of the songs mentioned.

Here's one from my junior high school days (mid 70s). This was when we first had dances. Being a gay kid and not being the norm really hurt.

by Anonymousreply 18807/30/2011

The song - and the whole experience - brings me to tears every time.

by Anonymousreply 18907/30/2011

Lol r189 Back in my orchestra days it was heaven to hear Adagio for Strings or Mahler 5 Adagietto and not have to play anything (brass player) but still be submersed in the beauty of the music.

Here is a recent song that, while simple is disturbingly beautiful. I first heard it as an intro to a trance set on the way home during a gorgeous sunny day.

by Anonymousreply 19007/30/2011

Someone Like You - Adele, this version in particular is gut wrenching

by Anonymousreply 19107/30/2011

Another Waits fan.

by Anonymousreply 19207/30/2011

"From Me to You" - Janis Ian

by Anonymousreply 19307/30/2011

Also "Seasons of Love." "Rent" was my late partner's favorite musical of all time, and now I can't even hear the first few notes before I start crying.

by Anonymousreply 19407/30/2011

Anything by the Brady Bunch!

by Anonymousreply 19507/30/2011

That song "What about me? It isn't fair"

by Anonymousreply 19607/30/2011

A great and fairly unknown ballad by Eddie Kendricks. I remember distinctly tearing up when I'd hear this back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 19707/31/2011

Mark Mulcahy - From This Moment On

by Anonymousreply 19807/31/2011

Suzanne - Leonard Cohen

by Anonymousreply 19907/31/2011

"Heroes" by David Bowie. I read that the song was inspired by a couple that was separated by the Berlin Wall.

Whenever I hear the song, I think of people who can't be with their loved ones, families with relatives in the military, folks who have parents who died, etc.

On the topic of things that make you cry, I happen to come across a Youtube video series that shows military people coming home and surprising their families. You can't help but be proud of these people for serving their country. Have tissues ready.

by Anonymousreply 20007/31/2011

The score of Richard Strauss's opera "Die Liebe der Danae" - magic!

by Anonymousreply 20107/31/2011

The Lark Ascending by Ralph Vaughan Williams.

by Anonymousreply 20207/31/2011

Christine Ebersole singing "Another Winter in a Summer Town" from "Grey Gardens."

by Anonymousreply 20307/31/2011

Mozart Piano Concerto 23 (Adagio).

Wilco: Jesus, Etc.

Concur on Baker Street. Thought it was just me!

by Anonymousreply 20407/31/2011

Nessum Dorma

and

Mama, A Rainbow..from Minnie's Boys.

by Anonymousreply 20508/01/2011

correction..

Nessun Dorma..from Turandot

by Anonymousreply 20608/01/2011

A recording of Beatrice Arthur singing "Glitter and be Gay".

by Anonymousreply 20708/01/2011

Phil Collins' I Can't Stop Loving You (reminds me of a breakup in the 80s -- he wanted me to move with him to another city and I wouldn't.We were together until his last day.)

"So you're leaving

In the morning

On the early train

I could say everything's alright

I could pretend and say goodbye

Got your ticket

Got your suitcase

Got your leaving smile

I could say that's the way it goes..."

(But I did just let him go like it was perfectly fine and then felt like my heart was torn out of my chest for months after... beautiful song though and somehow comforting all these years later.)

by Anonymousreply 20808/01/2011

"Black" by Pearl Jam, especially the last few lines.

by Anonymousreply 20908/01/2011

"The Real Thing" by Kenny Loggins (it is about the difficulties Loggins and his daughter experienced when he divorced her mother...I went through a tough time with my son when I divorced his father, and the song always makes me think of that...)

by Anonymousreply 21008/01/2011

"Going Home" from the movie "The Snake Pit" 1948. It's dated, but a sad movie with this final scene at the state mental hospital:

by Anonymousreply 21108/04/2011

"Name of the Game" by Badfinger. The song is emblematic of the band's individual and collective tragedy.

Pete Ham's voice and piano are just heartbreaking. Few singers expressed melancholic yearning so well.

"Oh, comfort me, dear brother, won't you tell me what you know?/ For somewhere in this painful world is a place where I can go/ Oh, long awaiting mother, is it time to make a show?/ And take your babies to your breast/ No, we never passed the test/ And all our sins should be confessed before we carry on/

CHORUS: Oh, don't refuse me/ If you choose me, you'll follow my shame/ No, don't confuse me/ For I know it's the name of the game

by Anonymousreply 21208/05/2011

Another Buckley. Dido's Lament written by Purcell. It is an interesting story. He performed it at the Meltdown Festival in London in 1995. Elvis Costello curated the show that year. This is a bootleg of the show, the only time he performed it. When he came in for rehearsal the day of the show he had the lyrics written in a notebook. Where he was to sing high he wrote the words large and higher up on the line. When low, the words were written smaller and lower on the line. He had never sang the piece before, having choosen it just the day before. The classical musicians involved where blown away with his talent. One of them, a composer, said that seeing him changed the way he thought about and performed music. %0D The line "remember me, but forget my fate" is particulary poignant because Buckley was interviewed saying he didnt care if he was remembered, but he hoped his music would be. He died two years later.

by Anonymousreply 21308/05/2011

"What More Can I Say" from Falsettos. Gets me every time!

by Anonymousreply 21408/05/2011

"Name of the Game", by Badfinger, also gets to me, r212. Pete Ham was a genius, and his (and his Band's) fate was truly tragic.

by Anonymousreply 21508/06/2011

OP, did you take this topic from Reddit or did Reddit take this topic from you?

This one reminds me of how those mean ladies wouldn't let Julia Roberts shop.

by Anonymousreply 21608/06/2011

The "humming chorus" from MADAME BUTTERFLY%0D %0D And "Chi 'il bel sogna di doretta" from LA RONDINE.%0D %0D I also have a soft spot for Victor Herbert and Sigmund Romberg, things like WHEN YOU'RE AWAY %0D and A KISS IN THE DARK...

by Anonymousreply 21708/06/2011

Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake

by Anonymousreply 21803/01/2013

Fleetwood Mac's "landslide"

by Anonymousreply 21903/01/2013

This makes me bawl everytime!

by Anonymousreply 22003/01/2013

Into The Mystic - Van Morrison

Just Like a Woman - Bob Dylan

Who Knows Where The Time Goes? - Fairport Convention

Our Time - Sondheim

Something Wonderful - Rodgers

What Is Life To Me Without You? - Kathleen Ferrier/Gluck

Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring - Bach

Where'er You Walk - Handel

Intermezzo - Cavalleria Rusticana

O Mio Babbino - Puccini

by Anonymousreply 22103/01/2013

Achy Breaky Heart

by Anonymousreply 22203/01/2013

Donny Hathaway--- "For All We Know" Sad, knowing he sang this and would end up committing suicide...

For all we know

This may only be a dream

We come and we go

Like the ripples of a stream

So love me, love me tonight

Tomorrow was made for some

Tomorrow may never come

For all we know, we know

by Anonymousreply 22303/03/2013

"Nessun Dorma"

by Anonymousreply 22403/03/2013

Like a virgin

by Anonymousreply 22503/03/2013

mad world

by Anonymousreply 22603/03/2013

Katy perry songs

by Anonymousreply 22706/04/2013

Matt Alber - End of the World

by Anonymousreply 22806/04/2013

I was in tears of agony and revulsion when I heard Meryl sing those ABBA songs in Momma Mia!

by Anonymousreply 22906/04/2013

R229 I cried tears of laughter when I saw that. One of the most comically bad performances of Meryl's career.

Someone must have mentioned Over The Rainbow,that's like the Gay Male Tearjerker National Anthem!

by Anonymousreply 23006/04/2013

Sebastian rocks my world

by Anonymousreply 23106/04/2013

Bon Voyage by Kim Carnes.

If you're in a break up, THE song to get you even sadder.

Amazingly talented songwriter, singer.

Just a haunting tune (like her Miss You Tonite song)

by Anonymousreply 23206/04/2013

I have two.....both of which will probably cause sneers around here....

Wind Beneath My Wings - I first saw "Beaches" on HBO, the day after the funeral of a dear friend, who I had cared for during her bout with cancer. Probably I should have stopped watching when I figured out where the movie was going, but I watched it all, and was sobbing by the end. The song still gets to me.

Battle Hymn of the Republic - Judy Garland version. I don't really know why. I SHOULD hate it, but it hits me every time.

by Anonymousreply 23306/04/2013

r224 - I'll call your "Nessun Dorma" and raise you "Un bel di, vedremo" (especially by Callas or Price).

by Anonymousreply 23406/04/2013

The Overture to Tannhauser.

by Anonymousreply 23506/04/2013

Dorothy Loudon "Fifty Percent" from the Original Cast Album recording of "Ballroom".....gets me every time!

by Anonymousreply 23606/04/2013

Lover you should have come over - Jeff Buckley

No More Looking back - The Kinks

by Anonymousreply 23706/04/2013

I know a few of you have mentioned Samuel Barber's " Adagio For Strings", but the choral version is just.....indescribably heartbreaking.

Also known as " Agnus Dei", this version by the The Choir of Trinity College at Cambridge University tears me up all the time. Plus, Barber was one of us, which makes it even more poignant.

by Anonymousreply 23806/04/2013

Against all Odds by Phil Collins always depresses me, to the point where I can't sleep that night. It makes me think of every friendship I have lost over the years and when my parents were going through a rough time.

Arthur's Theme by Christopher Cross gets me now that I have seen the movie. I failed to see what was funny about an alcoholic who had uncaring parents and the one person who cared about him died. That movie depressed me for weeks. I had no feelings about the song until I saw the movie.

by Anonymousreply 23906/04/2013

Chopin's Funeral March.

by Anonymousreply 24006/04/2013

J.S. Bach- Air on the G-string

Amazing Grace - in acapela

So many more...

by Anonymousreply 24106/04/2013

Although it's a happy song, "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" from Hello Dolly always makes me cry. It's just so joyous without any irony, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 24206/05/2013

Well there is so much and sometimes they catch me by surprise. Many that have been mentioned.

Tom Waits does it.

Rickie Lee Jones was his love once and sings his song with a fragile shimmer.

"Rainbow Sleeve"

by Anonymousreply 24306/05/2013

I just thro on " hasten down the wind" by miss Linda Rondstadt and let it wash over me...its my go to since age 19 and I am 57.... Go figure

by Anonymousreply 24406/05/2013

This - it is about just the way she enters the song, her voice, back when things were tender.

Aretha is not known to be generous, but to watch her look for the key on the piano and sing with her childhood friend his song. So sweet. A great song too. I grew up on this music, Joplin, Chopin, Dylan and Bartok too. Lucky.

Baby,baby.

by Anonymousreply 24506/05/2013

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 24606/05/2013

Hasten Down the Wind.

I love it too. The simplest and most plaintive letting go song. Cruel and kind. Linda R's voice.

by Anonymousreply 24706/05/2013

Anyone Who Had A Heart

Foolish Games

by Anonymousreply 24806/06/2013

R244 R247 Linda Ronstadt is my favorite singer, and "Hasten down the Wind" is my favorite album of all time.

by Anonymousreply 24906/06/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 25006/06/2013

Linda Ronstadt doing "Hasten down the Wind." That's Andrew Gold at the piano.

by Anonymousreply 25106/06/2013

another song by Linda Ronstadt, my imprint version of "I Will Always Love You."

by Anonymousreply 25206/06/2013

Sunset by Kate Bush

by Anonymousreply 25306/06/2013

R238, that was beautiful!

I just found an album on itunes that contains adagios performed as choral music, named--unsurprisingly--"Choral Adagios." It has various performers and therefore might be uneven in terms of quality (for example, I like the choral "Adagio for Strings" that you selected more than what's on the album...but the "Panis Angelicus" is wonderful), but it's interesting enough for me that I just bought it.

by Anonymousreply 25406/06/2013

The correct video for Linda Ronstadt's "I Will Always Love You":

by Anonymousreply 25506/06/2013

I'm always suspicious of people who don't. Yeah there are film weepies but while I listen to less music in my 30s and became more of a film buff, music remains the ultimate and most compact artform - think of how good music can make a movie sound and how good it can sound in it. You can map your life by songs that take you back to a certain point in time.

Sad songs say so much and the sad songs are my favourite. Don't forget the songs that made you cry and the songs that saved your life.

by Anonymousreply 25606/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.