Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nicki Minaj

Is she the new Janet Jackson?

Taking other peoples' tunes/hooks and just putting new lyrics over them?

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

Just the fuck up Kim and go back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 107/22/2011

I kind of thought she was the Black Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 207/22/2011

I would pay good money to watch Lil Kim beat her copycat ass!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 307/22/2011

Shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 407/22/2011

She sucks.

by Anonymousreply 507/22/2011

HuffPost TV ‏@HuffPostTV 3m "Watch how you're talking to my wife, Keith." - Nicki after Keith critiqued #Kreedom #Idol

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

In the lead to get the nod for the Stevie Nicks biopic now that Reese Witherspoon has flamed out.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

Oh god, go to bed OP. If you have no clue what Nicki has done and why she is relevant to TODAY'S music industry you need to listen to that Donna Summer greatest hits CD, sip an ensure, and have a stadium of seats.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

When they are showing clips of previous performances and also show the judges' critiques, you see her comments the most compared to others on the panel.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

VIVA LA JANBOT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

Nicki is 100 times back than that old Jackson lady ever was. Janet only made it cause of her brothers and connections in the biz. Nicki made it on her own with her own talent. Janet is just a fat saggy old lady. Her day done passed.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

Fuckwit R12- Janet Jackson is FAR from over:

She signed TWO of the biggest record deals in history in the 1990s (the first was estimated between $32–50 million, and the second was a reported $80 million dollars)

She's sold over 100 million records worldwide

She's toured the world over since 1990

She's had endorsement deals and has done commercials, foreign and domestic

She part-owned an L.A. bank with Magic Johnson

She will gain control of her Virgin Records masters in 2013

She signed a film production deal with Lionsgate in 2011

She had a #1 NY Times Bestselling book in 2010

She's starred in several films (her first three films opened at #1 at the US box office)

She writes most of her own songs, many of which are covered and sampled today (royalty checks)

She made $60 million on tour in 2011

She has had real estate on both coasts, and has sold several of her homes for much more than she bought them for

She got $2 million for her #1 song "Doesn't Really Matter" from "The Nutty Professor 2" soundtrack in 2000

She has her own Beverly Hills-based production company

Forbes noted her as one of the top ten richest women in entertainment in 2007

Janet Jackson is a brand. That is why BlackGlama wanted her to be the face of their LEGENDS ads for two consecutive years in a row, following in the likes of such legendary divas as Babara Streisand, Cher, Diana Ross, Joan Crawford, Liz Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren, etc. She wrote the blueprint for every dance diva out today. That is her musical legacy. She is also good with her money. She's not a drug addict, nor is she a known squanderer of money (like so many of her contemporaries proved to be). And that is why she is PAID, and will NEVER be broke. And ye shall deal.

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

Nicki Minaj is so yesterday. Ugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2013

Nicki Minaj dresses and looks like a cartoon character.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

[quote]I would pay good money to watch Lil Kim beat her copycat ass!

And I would pay good money to watch Millie Jackson beat them both down country style. She is the Godmother of all this stuff after all.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

r15, she looks like Janice from the Muppets.

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.