Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lisa Edelstein **QUITS** House To Join The Cast of The Good Wife

No sooner had Lisa Edelstein quit Fox-TV House, she scooped up by The Good Wife.

She has been cast as Will's former law partner, and will be the fourth wheel in the Will/Alicia/Peter triangle, which will become a quadrangle.

Let the games begin!

by Anonymousreply 7612/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 107/14/2011

Um, old news.

Glad she is gone from House at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 207/14/2011

The reason that show has lasted so long is that they mix it up so often.

They painted Cuddy in a corner this past season, si I'm not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 307/14/2011

She's fug. She's going to ruin my Kalinda buzz.

by Anonymousreply 407/14/2011

The Good Wife will NEVER last as long as House. It's not nearly as engaging, it's one giant snooze.

by Anonymousreply 507/14/2011

House became boring the minute they gave House a love interest.

The guy is bitter and angry, that is what makes him tick and makes him a brilliant diagnostician.

They tried softening him up and he became dull instead.

Stopped watching about 2 years ago. Will start watching again this season.

by Anonymousreply 607/14/2011

She managed to get off the Titanic and into a lifeboat. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 707/14/2011

She's trading up.

by Anonymousreply 807/14/2011

House is a horrible show and she can't act.

by Anonymousreply 907/14/2011

I like Lisa Edelstein and I like The Good Wife.

Thus, I like this pairing.

by Anonymousreply 1007/14/2011

House is not going to be on much longer. Both Laurie and Sean Leonard are talking about leaving. Plus how many times can House lose and woo back his team.

by Anonymousreply 1107/14/2011

House had a pretty amazing run for a show that could be so wildly inconsistent.

I see it a lot in syndication and at times, I wish I would have watched from the beginning, thinking that it's a brilliant show. Other times, I really don't understand how it was ever picked up in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 1207/14/2011

What are the odds that she really quit? Nothing against her. But usually when a show ages the stars get more expensive and revenue shrinks with the ratings. That's the point when characters of the first hour are out and new replacements come in. My guess is she was let go due to financial drain of production. Good for her that she keeps working.

by Anonymousreply 1307/14/2011

The creator said he was upset that she quit because the cliffhanger at the end of this season couldn't be resolved unless she came back for at least one or two episodes.

It's certainly possible that she didn't get the money she wanted or that she was offered less, but it does seem that she quit.

by Anonymousreply 1407/14/2011

[quote]House is a horrible show and she can't act.

She is better than Olivia Wilde. Now, that's someone who cannot act.

by Anonymousreply 1507/14/2011

Wasn't it a failure to come to contract terms? So, not really quitting or being fired.

by Anonymousreply 1607/14/2011

I think she quit over money. Also, her character was going nowhere. Maybe she just got bored.

by Anonymousreply 1707/14/2011

In other recent news, The Brady Bunch has been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 1807/15/2011

Haven't been happy with the show since the producers fired Jennifer Morrison so they could hire a hotter doctor i.e. Olivia Wilde. Fucking sexist crap. They got away with it too and never drew heat for their sexist actions.

R6 is full of crap. House got a love interest at the beginning of last season, about a year ago. If you haven't watched in two years, you wouldn't know that he had a girlfriend. You still watch every week.

by Anonymousreply 1907/15/2011

The Good Wife is struggling for ratings, but it's an incredibly prestigious show to be associated with: classy, well written, smart. A lot of actors would kill for a regular role there.

by Anonymousreply 2007/15/2011

[quote]Haven't been happy with the show since the producers fired Jennifer Morrison so they could hire a hotter doctor i.e. Olivia Wilde. Fucking sexist crap. They got away with it too and never drew heat for their sexist actions.%0D %0D I liked Jennifer Morrison so much better than Olivia Wilde. Morrison's no great actress, but she had tons of chemistry with Hugh Laurie -- way more than Lisa Edelstein or Olivia Wilde, IMHO.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2107/15/2011

House had the best chemistry with Cutthroat Bitch. Love Anne Dudek.

by Anonymousreply 2207/15/2011

Hate Ann Dudek. Watching her is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

I like Edelstein a lot and agree that she was jumping off a sinking ship. Hugh Laurie has said he's not renewing his contract, which ends after this upcoming season. Why should she wait and see what is available in a year when the show folds?

by Anonymousreply 2307/15/2011

There's not one character on "The Good Wife" who is likable. They all seem so insufferable, smug, entitled, spoiled and annoying.

I gave this show a go, it just leaves me cold. I like Julianne M, I really wish I was able to enjoy her show, but I find it excruciating. The Indian woman really drives me nuts and I prefer Christine Baranski in comedies.

When this show is on, I watch the USA OnDemand channel to catch up on "White Collar" and whatever USA show I've missed.

by Anonymousreply 2407/15/2011

R24? Who asked you?

by Anonymousreply 2507/16/2011

[quote]Haven't been happy with the show since the producers fired Jennifer Morrison so they could hire a hotter doctor i.e. Olivia Wilde. Fucking sexist crap. They got away with it too and never drew heat for their sexist actions.

That's pretty silly considering it's not true. Morrison remained on the show for nearly 3 years after Wilde joined the cast.

by Anonymousreply 2607/16/2011

Morrison had maybe one line every 3 or 4 episodes after they upgraded in looks to Wilde. It must have been humiliating for her. I was insulted for Morrison and I don't even care for her.

by Anonymousreply 2707/16/2011

Can't stand Margulies - not at all surprised her husband cheated on her. Imagine doing an entire show about being the "victim" of adultery - how stupid and boring. At least on "House" there's a modicum of detective interest, what's the disease, what's the patient lying about?

by Anonymousreply 2807/16/2011

She should have quit after she saw the wardrobe they wanted her to wear on "House." Two sizes too small Victoria's Secret did not do her any favors.

by Anonymousreply 2907/16/2011

[quote]She managed to get off the Titanic and into a lifeboat.

No. It's more like she got off the Titanic and boarded the S.S. Minnow.

by Anonymousreply 3007/16/2011

Edelstein got pissed when they hired Candice Bergen to play her mother - yeah, like that was a believable choice.

Truth is, her contract was up and she decided not to renew. She has said she wasn't happy with the way the Cuddy-House romance played out, and was looking for other opportunities. Also, her contract with "The Good Wife" is not long-term, just for a 3-to-5 episode arc, with the possibility of extension (as usual).

by Anonymousreply 3107/16/2011

It was money. They asked her to take a pay cut and she refused. "House" is a mature show with VERY high salaries -- Hugh Laurie is the highest paid actor on television. Ratings aren't what they once were so the network asked the show to cut its budget. Edelstein wouldn't agree to what they were offering her for another season.

by Anonymousreply 3207/16/2011

R32 is right. The producers have all said that they didn't want her to quit, and it was over money.

by Anonymousreply 3307/16/2011

Is R31 really Michael Ausiello, Entertainment Weekly?

Is he on this board now?

by Anonymousreply 3407/16/2011

No, if that were Michael Ausiello, the post would have been riddled with "Secret but extremely famous sources have confirmed to ME! EXCLUSIVELY! that my PERSONAL GOOD FRIEND LISA got pissed when..."

Ausiello is only slightly less of an attention-whore narcissist than Perez. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 3507/16/2011

Ausiello is a racist asshole. He reports on black stars grudgingly, when his editor forces him to. He also has anger/ violence issues. He'd fit in great on DL, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 3607/16/2011

So is Marguiles fucking her? Two lovely sets of Sapphic rumors, ready to meet. :)

by Anonymousreply 3707/16/2011

Try not to be so gullible, R34.

by Anonymousreply 3807/17/2011

'So is Marguiles fucking her? Two lovely sets of Sapphic rumors, ready to meet. :)'%0D %0D %0D Edelstein is gay?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3907/17/2011

>>>> Lisa Edelstein **QUITS** House To Join The Cast of The Good Wife%0D %0D %0D %0D >>>No sooner had Lisa Edelstein quit Fox-TV House, she scooped up by The Good Wife%0D %0D %0D %0D Well then, she did NOT quit House to join TGW. She quit House and then was hired by TGW

by Anonymousreply 4007/17/2011

Now was she screwing around with Hugh Laurie in real life - or was that just him and that producer lady?

by Anonymousreply 4107/17/2011

don't know 41, but Edelstein/Margulies thing is much more interesting to imagine

by Anonymousreply 4207/17/2011

Amen. Dare we hope?

by Anonymousreply 4307/17/2011

She was Lisa E and was bi in her younger, crazy party girl years. I think it's just pole now for her.

by Anonymousreply 4407/17/2011

[quote] Edelstein/Margulies thing is much more interesting to imagine

Considering Edelstein will be the fourth wheel in this upcoming quadrangle, watch for her and Margulies to go up against each other in court. Sparks will fly.

by Anonymousreply 4507/17/2011

by Anonymousreply 4610/04/2011

[quote]but Edelstein/Margulies thing is much more interesting to imagine

Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 4710/04/2011

by Anonymousreply 4810/04/2011

I loved her on the "Relativity" show in the mid 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 4910/04/2011

Unheralded actress; too bad Lis Edelstein wasn't once nominated for an Emmy for [italic]House[/italic]. Then again, none of the Fox drama's series regulars were nominated aside from Hugh Laurie. (Also excellent: Robert Sean Leonard.)

by Anonymousreply 5010/04/2011

House first epi this season was good tv as usual. That man is so brilliantly self destructive.

by Anonymousreply 5110/04/2011

She can't act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 5210/04/2011

Why would you say that, r52?

Plus at one time Lisa Edelstein was an MTV VJ on a short lived show called "Awake On The Wild Side."

by Anonymousreply 5310/06/2011

by Anonymousreply 5410/08/2011

[quote]House first epi this season was good tv as usual. That man is so brilliantly self destructive.

Just as he should be. I stopped watching last season. A House in love is not something I wanted to watch.

by Anonymousreply 5610/08/2011

Thanks for reminding post upthread, she was in Relativity.

I have been racking my brain trying o figure out where I'd seen Lisa E before House, and Good Wife,

by Anonymousreply 5710/18/2011

Did anyone know Lisa E in her crazy days?

by Anonymousreply 5910/18/2011

Edelstein is a horrible actress. Every second she's on screen lowers the quality of the show. I hope she gets canned and quickly.

by Anonymousreply 6010/18/2011

They had to see each other eventually, but Peter and Will's first conversation following the Florricks' separation is made all the more hilarious by Will's ex and pot-stirrer extraordinaire Celeste (guest star Lisa Edelstein) on The Good Wife. She hits both men where it hurts — telling Peter her first threesome was with Will (awkward!) before she asks Will if he has met Alicia's kids yet (really awkward!). Now if we can just get her to do the same thing for Alicia and Kalinda!

by Anonymousreply 6110/21/2011

Lisa Edelstein can't act her way out of a paper bag. She's just simply annoying, no matter what the role. Glad she's gone from house, but can't believe the Kings picked her up for The Good Wife. How to spoil an excellent show!

by Anonymousreply 6210/27/2011

I do hate her on this show and it is too soon after being "Cuddy".

Also, what is up with the Good Wife this season? It seems all over the place. They are too concerned with ripping from the headlines and not very well either.

Eli needs to be more manipulative. Alicia and Kalinda really need to sort it out.

I like the raunchy scene between Alicia and Will the other week, more of that. Preferably climaxing in them betting caught out.

Love David Lee and hate that blonde from True Blood they just hired to be his niece. No need for more characters.

by Anonymousreply 6310/27/2011

by Anonymousreply 6410/27/2011

I think LE is sexy as a motherfucker and I love her in anything she has been in.

by Anonymousreply 6510/27/2011

I hate House. Hugh Laurie's character was amusing for a few episodes, but ultimately he's an asshole.

And I don't spend my time with assholes for pleasure, DL notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 6610/27/2011

by Anonymousreply 6710/27/2011

Me too r66. It's like the writers are playing out their narcissistic desires within him. Who would still have friends if they acted like that, let alone lovers/girlfriends/wives.

by Anonymousreply 6810/28/2011

by Anonymousreply 6910/28/2011

Not only is House an asshole, but every time he needs help someone comes through for him. How convenient that the prison doctor (from the first episode this season) would risk her career for him. We were supposed to believe she is admires and trusts him to the point of risking everything she's worked for her entire life.

by Anonymousreply 7010/28/2011

that she admires and trusts him...

by Anonymousreply 7110/28/2011

At least that Lisa Edelstein is still working as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 7210/29/2011

r60 - you've made this very personal. Time to go outdoors and get some fresh air, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 7310/29/2011

What the fuck s going on in here‽

by Anonymousreply 7612/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!