Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Portia de Rossi Using Ellen DeGeneres?

She already used her ex-husband to obtain a Green Card. This could be a pattern with her. Ellen has money, and Portia could use some of that, not to mention, connections. What do you think? Ellen has a habit of picking women who aren't actually into her.

by Anonymousreply 10607/27/2013

I heart Portia. She's lovely and a really good comedic actress in her own right. If she turns out to be a scheming hustler, please send her my way.

by Anonymousreply 107/10/2011

Portia was married?! To a MAN?!

by Anonymousreply 207/10/2011

[quote]She already used her ex-husband to obtain a Green Card. This could be a pattern with her. Ellen has money, and Portia could use some of that, not to mention, connections.

Okay, now that I've gotten over the fact that Portia was married to a penised person, yeah, you have to wonder if she's a user type. Sure, she seems nice but nice people have flaws, too.

Her last girlfriend was rich, so probably Portia's motivations aren't entirely pure.

by Anonymousreply 307/10/2011

Getting married to get a green card? A lot of people do that.%0D %0D %0D I'm not sure why that makes her an evil person

by Anonymousreply 407/10/2011

Marrying for a green card isn't an evil thing to do if both spouses know why the marriage is taking place. Otherwise, deception is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 507/10/2011

I think Ellen is using Portia. I think that is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 607/10/2011

I do think Portia is using Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 707/10/2011

I think OP is Ellen D.

Hi Ellen! love ya

by Anonymousreply 807/10/2011

Wasn't de Rossi's old GF Ringo Starr's daughter? Is she rich in her own right or is she reliant on her father's generosity and her eventual inheritance?

by Anonymousreply 907/10/2011

It goes both ways, I'm sure. Tit for tat.

by Anonymousreply 1007/10/2011

was anne heche married to a penised person berfore hooking up with ellen? maybe ellen is the aggressive dom intent on using as a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 1107/10/2011

No, Anne Heche wasn't married before meeting Ellen. She'd had affairs with men, including Richard Burgi & David Forsyth (her co-stars on "As The World Turns"), Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac), & Steve Martin. After Ellen, she married a cameraman & had a son with him, then left him for James Tupper (her co-star on "Men In Trees") & has had a son with him too. I seem to know way too much about this woman. I do think she's a lovely actress, though perhaps more than a bit nuts.

by Anonymousreply 1207/10/2011

I wouldn't put it past any "star" to use another. It is Hollywood, after all.

by Anonymousreply 1307/10/2011

I don't think the relationship with Ringo Starr's daughter was necessarily for perks of being wealthy (not sure Ringo's daughter even has access to money, but she might)

by Anonymousreply 1407/10/2011

James Tupper, by the way, married to Anne Heche, is drop dead gorgeous and very sexy. %0D

by Anonymousreply 1507/10/2011

I don't think so. everybody uses their partners, don't they. It works bothe ways.

by Anonymousreply 1607/10/2011

[quote]It goes both ways, I'm sure. Tit for tat. Tit for cash.

by Anonymousreply 1707/11/2011

"It goes both ways, I'm sure. Tit for tat." I was deeply unstable then, but with me and Elle it was: Tit for Twat

by Anonymousreply 1907/11/2011

I've never understood why people insist that the richer, older person in a relationship is always being "used." If they're both happy and getting what they want out of the experience, then how is it bad or exploitative?

by Anonymousreply 2107/11/2011

If I'm not mistaken, Portia's ex was rich from her father's side.

by Anonymousreply 2207/11/2011

I've heard that Ellen can be a bitch on wheels.

by Anonymousreply 2407/11/2011

Isn't Ellen kind of icky in that she smokes?%0D %0D Wouldn't a vegan (Portia) object to being around an unappealing smoker?%0D %0D Ellen is funny and humorous, but less attractive than Portia. Ellen's masculine haircut undercuts her attractiveness, as do all the fine lines and crevices on her face from smoking.%0D %0D When Ellen and Portia divorce, Portia will be set for life financially. It's a good bargain.%0D %0D I don't think Portia has much money - so teaming up with someone wealthy is wise all around.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2507/11/2011

Portia's ex - Francesca Gregorini is not Ringo's bio-child. She's the daughter of Barbara Bach, Ringo's current wife.

Pic of the unibrowed Augusto Gregorini at the link. I always wondered how gorgeous Barbara did not pass her genes on to her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 2607/11/2011

r25, how do we know they don't have a pre-nup though? Portia may walk away with sweet FA.

I wonder if Portia still finds Ellen attractive, she's gone from soft butch (with feminine curves) to rake thin and very masculine.

by Anonymousreply 2707/11/2011

This is a very strange conversation. Portia has some very solid tv work behind her. She is likely a millionaire in her own right. She doesn't have Ellen money but who does? How much money does a person need? %0D %0D Relationships are about more than money and status. For all we know, Ellen's fame and business/social commitments are more of a negative than a positive for Portia. We don't know. %0D %0D Ellen seems to be quite moody. She is very lucky to have a wife who seems to be so supportive.

by Anonymousreply 2807/11/2011

Not that it matters, but I got my cancelled soaps mixed up -- Anne Heche was on "Another World", not "As The World Turns". I loved & miss both shows, sob!

by Anonymousreply 2907/11/2011

[quote]she's gone from soft butch (with feminine curves) to rake thin and very masculine.

She may be a tad slimmer than she used to be, but she is hardly rake thin.

by Anonymousreply 3107/11/2011

Remember, Ellen Degeneres did that interview before the marriage to Portia stating that her and Portia would NOT have a pre-nup. %0D %0D If Portia does leave Ellen, Ellen will likely have a "breakdown."%0D %0D I wonder if Portia threatened to Ellen that she would NOT marry her unless there was no pre-nup?

by Anonymousreply 3207/11/2011

I used to see Anne Heche and her ex, Coley, all the time around my old neighborhood in L.A. He is much better looking than he photographs. He was always the one taking care of the kid while Anne spouted about, kind of trying to radiate her "stardom" around. She always made sure everyone in the place noticed her and what a good mom she was (while directing Coley what to do.

by Anonymousreply 3307/11/2011

[quote]Portia has some very solid tv work behind her. She is likely a millionaire in her own right.

I have no idea what she was paid for Ally McBeal and Arrested Development, but I would be surprised if she made that much money.

I'm not suggesting she's poor, but a few years on a couple of sitcoms usually isn't enough to leave an actor set for life.

by Anonymousreply 3407/12/2011

by Anonymousreply 3508/03/2011

R21 You're deluding yourself if you don't realize that 9 times out of 10, that IS the reality of those situations.

by Anonymousreply 3608/03/2011

I am a stellar mom! My parenting skills are out of this world! LOOK AT ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 3708/03/2011

Why doesn't Portia (nee Amanda Lee Rogers) speak Australian?

by Anonymousreply 3808/03/2011

They live in a nice beige house (for which, I am sure, one paid more than the other):

by Anonymousreply 3910/08/2011

Portia was granted U.S. citizenship just a few weeks ago.

Now Ellen is selling her house for over $40 million dollars.

Could Ellen be selling her house because there is trouble between Portia and Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 4010/08/2011

apparently, Ellen buys a new house every year because she enjoys it.

by Anonymousreply 4110/08/2011

Ellen is a serial house seller. I read that Ellen and Portia have been together for seven years and lived in seven different houses.

by Anonymousreply 4210/08/2011

That Anne Heche thing-what the hell was that all about? And how did she manage to wrangler not only Ellen,Richard Burgi,Steven Martin and finally,get not only one, but two hunks to marry her? Am I missing something? Should I bring the crazy,too?

by Anonymousreply 4310/08/2011

Anne Heche's current husband is gorgeous and very attractive/sexy.

I wonder how Anne got him too. Anne is good looking, but she must have something special about her personality.

by Anonymousreply 4410/08/2011

"Why doesn't Portia (nee Amanda Lee Rogers) speak Australian?"

Several years ago, she returned to her homeland to co-host their version of the Emmys. Her co-host asked her repeatedly to say "something Australian" to convince the audience that she hadn't gone "all Yank".

She couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 4510/08/2011

r26, is that unibrow for real? I've never seen anything like it. I can't quit staring at the photo. He'd be really handsome if it weren't for the unibrow.

by Anonymousreply 4610/08/2011

r44,Anne Heche is a true Gemini just like Angelina Jolie,Stevie Nicks,Josephine Baker and Marilyn Monroe.

by Anonymousreply 4710/09/2011

I always felt that Portia will eventually break Ellen's heart, I hope it never happen.

by Anonymousreply 4810/09/2011

Ellen's a miserable bitch. I hope Portia takes her to the cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 4910/09/2011

R49, are you one of the posters on DL that had a close friend or family that had worked for Ellen on one of her programs?

If, you are please tell us more about the "off-camera" Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 5010/09/2011

[quote]Why doesn't Portia (nee Amanda Lee Rogers) speak Australian?

she's australian?

by Anonymousreply 5110/09/2011

Bump for the unibrow.

by Anonymousreply 5210/09/2011

I don't get it either, r21, because if the older person is being "used," the younger person is being "used" just as much. One is being used for their money, the other for their youth. If they're both happy, then I'd consider it a fair trade.

by Anonymousreply 5310/09/2011

Won't somebody please think of the unibrow?

by Anonymousreply 5410/09/2011

"Why doesn't Portia (nee Amanda Lee Rogers) speak Australian?"

Coit! There, I said it. It's Australian for 'the asshole'. Am I using Ellen? As what, my coit/carpet cleaner?

by Anonymousreply 5510/09/2011

portia normally likes femmes!

by Anonymousreply 5610/09/2011

I still can't get over the guy's eyebrow. It looks like it was painted on. Has anyone ever seen one like it before?

Please look in r26's link.

by Anonymousreply 5710/09/2011

Attached is a photo of Portia and Francesca Gregorini, the step-daughter of Ringo Starr and daughter of Barbara Bach.

She has millions of dollars via her father and is a countess.

by Anonymousreply 5810/10/2011

And below is a photo of actress, writer Guinevere Turner, another former girlfriend of Portia's.

After you've looked at Francesca and Guinevere, think of what Ellen looks like.

I'm thinking she's a little bedazzled by Ellen's money and fame.

by Anonymousreply 5910/10/2011

Guin Turner prefers Butches anyways, so I don't think her and Portia would have lasted.

by Anonymousreply 6110/10/2011

I don't think Portia was using Francesca. She risked a lot getting in a relationship with someone high-profile like that. She was closeted before she was dating Gregorini (even to a lot of her family), and it was their relationship that outed her. The paparazzi hounded her until managed to get some pics of them on vacation and lezzing out together, it was those pics that outed De Rossi (you can google them).

Being outed like that could have completely fucked up her career which was on the rise (she was on Ally MacBeal at the time).

So I think that their relationship was genuine.

by Anonymousreply 6210/10/2011

How did Portia become so fit and slim?

Through Portia control.

by Anonymousreply 6310/10/2011

Funny R63!

by Anonymousreply 6410/12/2011

Why wouldn't you trust Portia, just because she married a man to get a green card? It's not like it was any kind of real relationship anyway. She was already out of the closet by then, and her male friend decided to help her stay in the country by marrying her. She has said in interviews that even though she was (and still is) good friends with the guy she married, and even though it was purely for him helping her out, it still felt weird and wrong being married to a man (in her words). Of course since she was already out, she was always dating women throughout their "marriage". And she said she felt relieved after their divorce. So she always knew she was gay. And it's clear that she loves Ellen very much, and Ellen loves her. She's said in many interviews that after a lifetime of dealing with depression and eating disorders, that Ellen saved her life. So their love is pretty strong. And with the comment about Ellen picks "untrusted women", if you're refering to Anne Heche, she was the only one! And she's bi anyway. Anne Heche has always said that she likes both men and women, so that would make her bi!

by Anonymousreply 6502/10/2013

r18, relax, this is DL,remember?

by Anonymousreply 6602/10/2013

Funny, if anyone used Ellen, that would definit ely be Heche !!

by Anonymousreply 6702/10/2013

her compared to "straight" women when it comes to cash, not even close.

Women are thought since their tweens by women that is man is worth on how big his wallet is.

women love others people money

by Anonymousreply 6802/10/2013

I really like both of them and believe it's genuine.

by Anonymousreply 6902/10/2013

R68, maybe if women were payed an equal amount they would be less inclined to consider socioeconomic status when choosing husbands. Oh, and learn how to string a coherent sentence together, asshat.

by Anonymousreply 7002/10/2013

Portia using Ellen for her money? Well why does Ellen have so much money? Her charming, funny personality. Ellen has an exceptional personality and her success is proof of that. It's more likely that's what attracted Portia to Ellen. More likely because she wouldn't have to be lying. If she were a gold-digger she'd have to keep up the facade 24hrs a day without Ellen seeing through it, which would be very difficult.

by Anonymousreply 7102/10/2013

I love Ellen. My mom just died and she loved Ellen, she got me watching the show too. I'm always going to watch Ellen now in memory of my mother. My mom was super-nice like Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 7202/10/2013

I'm sorry about your mom r72 *hugs*

by Anonymousreply 7302/10/2013

Thanks r73, yeah seeing my mom's face light up when she watched Ellen is always going to make me love her too.

by Anonymousreply 7402/10/2013

R49 = Alexandra Hedison

by Anonymousreply 7502/10/2013

I agree, r30.

by Anonymousreply 7802/11/2013

@ R 27 maybe Ellen has gone rake thin as you put it to please Portia. Remember Portia has suffered with anorexia in the past.

As for the Golddiggar thing how many old, wrinkled, fugly as fuck super rich men have a beautiful young woman on their arm - Lots is the answer.

by Anonymousreply 8002/11/2013

We now have a poster who can't spell "paid"?

by Anonymousreply 8202/11/2013

Portia HAD money, already...her net worth is 20 million dollars. And I doubt she married for the green card...she's an actress...all she had to do was get an acting contract with an american company, but I'm not sure about that. What I don't understand is why everyone thinks portia is beautiful...ok, I like butch women, but I enjoy looking at femmes, too...they just don't turn me on. Portia is...I guess nice. Alexandra hedison was WAY BETTER!

by Anonymousreply 8303/29/2013

Is that your real email, R83? I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 8403/29/2013

Why r84? X always posts his info here. It's nothing inflammatory.

by Anonymousreply 8503/29/2013

She didn't marry for a green card. Her douche husband hooked up with her brother's wife!!

by Anonymousreply 8603/29/2013

So did I r86, what of it?

by Anonymousreply 8703/29/2013

Stop trolling on Lindsey Bluth.

by Anonymousreply 8803/29/2013

Ellen seems like a piece of work and the rare times I've seen Ellen's show and even rare times with Portia on it, it seems that Ellen bends over backwards for Portia.

I just find it odd that Ellen was with Alexandra Hedison for years & dumped her for Portia. Same with Portia & Francesca Gregorini, although in Portia's case it was a case of "this person can help my career/fame" thing more than Francesca could.

by Anonymousreply 8903/29/2013

Francesca had a Beatles connection.

by Anonymousreply 9003/29/2013

r89 - Why is it odd? People break up, and sometimes they do it when they find someone they like better.

What has Ellen done for Portia's career, anyway? She was most famous when she was on Ally McBeal, and that was ages ago. Now she's mainly famous for being Ellen's wife.

by Anonymousreply 9103/29/2013

[quote]What has Ellen done for Portia's career, anyway?

Why would Portia even want a career? She'd never make the same money Ellen makes. Certainly, someone like Francesca could never afford Ellen's lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 9203/29/2013

It seems that not many of the posters in this thread have ever actually experienced love... how sad.

by Anonymousreply 9303/29/2013

No, Portia is definitely gay. And you can tell her and Ellen totally love each other very much. They are such an adorable couple.

by Anonymousreply 9403/31/2013

Is it true that Ellen's an alcoholic? If so how can she manage to keep functionning as she does

by Anonymousreply 9504/24/2013

Since when a marriage needs to be all about money?

by Anonymousreply 9605/20/2013

FYI, Portia is loaded, dumbasses!!!!! She's been a working actor for 15 years!!!! That's probably why they hooked up. Ellen finally found someone who wasn;t a gold digger (anne!)

by Anonymousreply 9705/20/2013

I think Ellen truly loves Portia. Maybe not as much as she will love her replacement. Her next 30 year old blond previously straight partner trophy wife will be a model as Ellen is a Covergirl herself.

Brooklyn Decker is at risk. Ellen likes those classy names. Degeneres-Decker sounds about right.

Lock up your wife Roddick.

Amber Heard is safe, unless she marries a dude.

by Anonymousreply 9805/20/2013

Of course not! Have any of you people seen them together?! They are in love, dang it! First of all, Portia admitted that her original intent was to gt a green card, but she didn't follow through with it because it didn't feel right. Also, there is an Ellen monologue on YouTube were she announces Portia's official citizenship, in which she talks about Portia studying for and taking the citizenship test. What ignorance! Also, to the commentor that posted something to the effect of all stars being low-lifes who take advantage of each, other, I personally think you need to grow up. Yes, some stars do take advantage of each other, but that doesn't mean that all do. Jeez!

by Anonymousreply 9907/27/2013

Yes, she's Australian. My boyfriend (who's American) lived in Australia for about three years as a child and Portia, then called Mandy, was one of his classmates when they were about 10. Before you call bullshit, he has the class picture to prove it. He said she was very nice and was already working as a model but didn't make a big deal out of it.

by Anonymousreply 10007/27/2013

Is Ellen hung? Cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 10107/27/2013

I wish some lesbo would use me!

by Anonymousreply 10207/27/2013

Cheryl @ R102 - I am a straight woman.

by Anonymousreply 10307/27/2013

I met Ellen when she was with Alexandria, cute couple.

A little TOO friendly, if you get my drift.

I'm not saying they straight-out asked for a threesome, but they definitely were 'sniffing around.'

by Anonymousreply 10407/27/2013

R103, I AM straight, but I'm getting desperate enough to considere being manhandled by some old dyke!

by Anonymousreply 10507/27/2013

What would Portia be using her for? Certainly not scoring any parts. Maybe for money. Being an equestrian is expensive.

by Anonymousreply 10607/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!