Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bye, Bye Bartelstein

After ten months at CBS-2 in Chicago Steve was given his walking papers after Friday's morning show. %0D %0D In 2009 he quit CBS-2 New York for being "under appreciated." In 2007 ABC-7 New York axed him. Showed up late for work and slept through a scheduled cut-in. Prior to these incidents a WABC male staffer brought sexual harrassment charges against him which were settled out of court.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8802/17/2014

Drugs again?

by Anonymousreply 107/04/2011

Interesting that he was fired just after Pride weekend - wonder if he was fucked up out of his mind and there were problems.

by Anonymousreply 307/04/2011

Oh why is it always Miss Bartlestein....

by Anonymousreply 407/04/2011

Link, please, OP...

by Anonymousreply 607/04/2011

Why am I not surprised by this news? I need to make some calls and get the details...

by Anonymousreply 707/04/2011

he was a hot piece of ass but I guess he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 807/04/2011

Tina! that ungrateful bitch! Boarding school.

by Anonymousreply 1107/12/2011

He so fucking hot I'd still do him & the tina in a N.Y. minute!%0D

by Anonymousreply 1207/12/2011

Good R12, because I hear he's homeless again - maybe you can take him in...

by Anonymousreply 1307/13/2011

I've read here before that he's a fisting bottom, but I've also read here that he's a twink lover. Seems like an odd combo of interests ...

by Anonymousreply 1507/14/2011

I always thought Evans was gay. Is he now "reformed"? Why did he split from Bartelstein?

by Anonymousreply 1807/15/2011

Wow, this Bartelstein character sounds like Satan's spawn. Who would ever hire such a mess of trouble?

by Anonymousreply 2107/16/2011

About a year all told, R20.

And Bill has never dipped his pen in any other ink. He got burned by Steve and went straight back to his wife (pun intended).

Rosato likes 'em much younger too - he's not interested in older men like Bill.

by Anonymousreply 2207/16/2011

Thanks, insider.%0D Never see pics of Rosato with anyone. Is he that careful or just in a slump?

by Anonymousreply 2307/16/2011

I've been reading DL for 10+ years and Bartelstein is one of my favorite characters. And WABC Insider one of my favorite posters.

by Anonymousreply 2407/16/2011

Thanks, Insider.

by Anonymousreply 2507/16/2011

What's going on with Bill Evan's arm. It's in a sling. Did he get fresh with the wrong guy?

by Anonymousreply 2607/21/2011

With Bill jerking-off ten times a day thinking of past pleasures with gennamen, his shoulder became dislocated.

by Anonymousreply 2807/23/2011

I'm betting Evans isn't completely off men.%0D %0D I'm surprised about the part about Bartelstein and Evans' son. Wouldn't his soon have been just a pre-teen at that time???

by Anonymousreply 2907/23/2011

by Anonymousreply 3007/23/2011

Did Bartelstein look... different in the past?

Cause there's nothing remotely hot about the guy in the pic.

by Anonymousreply 3107/23/2011

"Cheese it! Here comes that socialite nun Ken Rosato!"

by Anonymousreply 3207/23/2011

Don't worry, Chicago. We still have Hosea Sanders and Andy Avalos.

by Anonymousreply 3307/23/2011

And don't forget about Mark Giangreco.

by Anonymousreply 3407/23/2011

Steve is dating a 17 year old kid in chicago but saying the kid is 18. I know the kid. He's the one who told me...fucking sick bastard...

by Anonymousreply 3507/24/2011

This morning my partner is watching the news in the other room and yells to me, "Hey, Bill Evans is in a sling!"%0D So I go running in to see. Imagine my disappointment when I find out it's on his arm ...

by Anonymousreply 3608/05/2011

He is back in New York. Fired from Chicago and begging anyone for work.

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2011

Fast Forward to present day 081512 - Bill Evans hasn't been wearing his wedding band since the middle of June 2012. Has he separated or is getting a divorce from his wife? I know he's living in the city but has anyone heard anything about what's going on?

by Anonymousreply 3808/15/2012

Somebody in another thread said he's umpiring for high school baseball in Portland.

by Anonymousreply 4008/15/2012

if anybody ever gets the real story please share.

by Anonymousreply 4108/16/2012

guess his buddy joe nolan has known all these years about his buddy bill evans?? have to say my friends and i are somewhat shocked in that we didn't suspect bill was gay. no issue with it but sad if he's been hiding out all these years and having to put up a front for the public. too bad times still warrant that in many cases.

by Anonymousreply 4208/16/2012

I fondly remember Steve's on-air meltdown with the teleprompter person or the director while still at ABC. IIRC, he was doing the noon news with Lori Stokes when he had this particular meltdown.

Steve screwed up what he was reading, then he started foaming at the mouth and accusing the teleprompter person or director of making a cue mistake and that was the reason he fumbled the news story.

He just lost it. It was hilarious. Maybe there's a YouTube clip of this.

This guy has been given way too many chances. He needs to be in rehab, for a looooong time!

I also don't get the attraction, he's not that good looking, he looks simian.

by Anonymousreply 4308/16/2012

R4 LOL! Just wanted to let you know that this eldergay theatre queen was paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 4408/16/2012

Enough talk about Steve Bartelstein. I want to know if anyone knows what's going on with Bill Evans present day. He's living in NYC without his family. He isn't wearing his wedding band so I'm assuming he is separated and maybe even divorcing. Anyone know the story??

by Anonymousreply 4508/16/2012

no one knows what's going on with weatherman bill evans? clearly his marriage is on the rocks. no news out there?????

by Anonymousreply 4609/05/2012

How long has it been since Bill broke his leg? Remotes were done from his home in Greenwich every morning.

by Anonymousreply 4801/04/2013

is bill evans divorcing his wife? see they moved nolan to afternoon news because they need someone who is willing to stand up do the traffic in the mornings.

by Anonymousreply 4903/04/2013

they are currently getting divorced, custody issues are occurring in the courts

by Anonymousreply 5005/28/2013

Bartlestein and Evans get in a bitch fight on the air while their co-anchor gets very nervous and giggly.

by Anonymousreply 5105/29/2013

Bill is an alcoholic

by Anonymousreply 5206/02/2013

the closet will do that to a man!

by Anonymousreply 5306/02/2013

Poor Bill. Yes, getting a divorce after 30+ years of marriage. Yes, an alcoholic - if you saw the NY Local Emmys this year, Bill was just embarrassing. AND he's overcompensating by hitting on all the young GIRLS who work at the station - I guess he's hoping none of us remember the Bartelstein affair, but we do Bill.

Look for him to be off-air for an extended period soon if he doesn't get his act together. I don't work the morning shift but my friends who do say management is not happy.

by Anonymousreply 5406/04/2013

WABC Insider,

Do you know why he is still in the closet now that he is divorcing?

I thought ABC is very supportive of gays? I think people would embrace him if he comes out.

Is he seeing someone new?

by Anonymousreply 5506/04/2013

Bill has always maintained (even during the Bartelstein episode) that he's not gay - he was "seduced" by Steve and once that ended, Bill went back to his wife and his straight life.

AFAIK (and it's been over 10 years now since the Bartelstein affair), Bill has never been with another man - I think when all's said and done the way it ended so shook Bill that as a good Southern Baptist he permanently shut down that side of him that was open to the possibility and decided never to dally with men again.

Other than the skirt chasing of the girls he's doing now, I don't think he's seriously seeing anyone of either sex now. The divorce (which his wife instigated, probably because of his drinking) has shaken him perhaps even more than the whole Bartelstein thing did, and has led to him drinking even more, from what I hear.

He's really just a sad case. Someone at the station even longer than I am called it "the curse of Tex Antoine"!

by Anonymousreply 5606/04/2013

Thank you WABC Insider.

That is very sad. I have always liked Bill.

Hope he realize what he is doing to himself and get help soon.

by Anonymousreply 5706/04/2013

The very same day he got fired from ABC, Steve called his drug dealer and put in an order for an ounce of crystal meth.

by Anonymousreply 5806/04/2013

Can somebody, perhaps the WABC Insider, explain to us WHY the fuck Bill Evans bares his teeth when he's trying to smile? Is it because he likes the way the over-white vaneers look against the over-spray tanned face?

What's the deal with that? Is he aware of it? Is anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 5906/04/2013

YUCK R60! Are you serious?

The middle aged, Jersey/Staten Island looking weather guy with the fake tan and fake teeth who oozes more cheese than any 1970s used car salesman?

You find THAT attractive??

by Anonymousreply 6106/04/2013

Well, I happen to like regular masculine guys, and he has more masculinity in his pinky finger than you ooze through your post, r61.

by Anonymousreply 6206/04/2013

Yuck, indeed, r62. There is nothing "regular" or "masculine" about that cheeseball with his orange tan and giant veneers.

by Anonymousreply 6306/04/2013

I'll take him over anyone who uses the expression "YUCK" in all caps to refer to someone's looks.

How old are you guys? 14? Are you freshmen schoolgirls? Do you dot your i's with little hearts? Are you practicing signing your name with "Tatum" as your last name?

by Anonymousreply 6406/04/2013

Wonder what kind of sex Bill & Steve had. They're both hot.

by Anonymousreply 6506/04/2013

WABC/Channel 7 weatherman Bill Evans and his wife will be arraigned in a Connecticut court tomorrow after a violent blowup at their Old Greenwich home.

Both the meteorologist and Dana Evans, his wife of 19 years, are facing charges of third-degree assault and disorderly conduct after they got in to a heated argument May 4.

The couple, who are in the midst of a nasty divorce, surrendered to Greenwich police after Dana reported the incident to authorities more than two weeks after it occurred.

Dana, 48, sought counseling at a local domestic-violence center before talking to the cops.

“Obviously, divorces can get emotional and we expect Dana to be cleared of these charges in due time,” said her lawyer, Mark Sherman.

The weatherman’s lawyer also said in a statement: “We expect that Bill will be exonerated and this case will be quickly forgotten.”

He added they are “presently going through a difficult divorce.”

Evans, 52, has been at WABC since 1989 — and he’s not the first local television personality to see stormy skies.

A similar domestic incident took place back in February when WCBS/Channel 2 anchorman Rob Morrison was arrested for allegedly choking his wife in a drunken rage at their Darien, Conn., home.

He was later spotted by The Post downing beers at a Stamford, Conn., bar after the brutal spat with his wife, “MoneyWatch” anchor Ashley Morrison.

by Anonymousreply 6606/18/2013

Can WABC Insider can confirm this? Steve and Bill broke it off when Bill realized Steve really wanted one of his sons.

by Anonymousreply 6706/18/2013

I hope Bill Evans will finally come out of the closet now!

He will be happier!

by Anonymousreply 6806/18/2013

Sort of, R67. Bill broke it off when Steve asked him to bring one of his sons into the relationship - Steve always liked 'em young and while Bill very much enjoyed his "introduction" into the homosex, it seems the whole thing may just have been Steve's way of getting Bill's (younger, hotter) son into bed rather than the father. Once Bill realized that, he ended it.

As for the abuse charges, given how acrimonious this divorce has turned out to be, it's sort of not surprising. Bill is angry, Dana is VERY angry and of course they're going to accuse each other of just about everything. The ironic parallels to the Rob Morrison story are not lost on anyone at the station.

I haven't heard what the result of today's hearing was, but we do expect Bill's schedule to be reduced by management should he need to go to anger management classes or some other type of rehab, which is a distinct possibility. He's been short-tempered and drinking waaay too much for quite a while now.

by Anonymousreply 6906/18/2013

More about Bill:

by Anonymousreply 7006/18/2013

Does the wife know that Bill dabbled in the homosex?

She must have suspected something!

by Anonymousreply 7106/19/2013

It was because Bill wanted to "experiment" that he asked for a separation, and when they reconciled she was supposedly told about what Bill did (not that she didn't already have it figured out) - but not about Steve wanting to add Junior to the mix.

I wonder how much of the Bartelstein affair will come out in the divorce proceedings - I've heard the divorce actually has NOTHING TO DO with what happened with Steve all those years ago (!)

BTW, Bill is out again tomorrow morning - my friends at weather tell me Jeff Smith will be on the air again - so something big will be breaking soon (like a "temporary vacation" for Bill)

by Anonymousreply 7206/19/2013

R64 hit it out of the ball park! Kudos, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 7306/19/2013

[quote] He's working as Larry Potash's towel boy.

How do I apply for that job? I'd wipe down Larry any day.

by Anonymousreply 7406/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 7506/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 7606/21/2013

WABC Insider dude he only has one son yet you keep saying sons, I think this is all a bunch of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7711/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 7811/26/2013

Sleeze bucket Bill Evans never dabbled in the homosex, you guys made this shit up. But if he did, slimy Bartelstein would be perfect for him.

by Anonymousreply 7911/26/2013

I've had Bartelstein. VERY thick cock.

by Anonymousreply 8011/26/2013

I've also heard there is gold at the end of a rainbow doesn't make it true. ABC Insider my ass, just a writer of fiction in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 8111/27/2013

R80, are you male or female?

by Anonymousreply 8211/30/2013

Wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that Bill has seemed drunk on air every morning for the last month or two. He gets worse throughout the news cast and seems to be clutching his mug quite often?

by Anonymousreply 8412/17/2013

100% female...You guys are quite entertaining

by Anonymousreply 8501/09/2014

Two of my friends, who dont know each other, slept with Steve. He does have a thick cock. Not huge, but thick. And he is a bottom but likes younger gus. Boh of them were in their mid z20s then. Th one friends flng ended abruptly during a bout of rough housing when he accidentally elbowed steve in the face who then proceeded to freak out since he had to be on camera early the next day. The other friend saw him off and own for a month and could cofirm he meth, the botoming for young guys and Steve sending signals to him during the broadcast at the end.

There was something sexy and intiguing about steve on air that made me jealous of both of them for getting to play with him. He had hot daddy swagger to him.

by Anonymousreply 8601/09/2014

To reply #84- yes, he is drunk basically every morning on the air. He is a confirmed alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 8702/17/2014

^Doesn't take a meteorologist to figure that out. He was hammered at the time of the argument with Steve Bartelstein

by Anonymousreply 8802/17/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!