Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who here is a nudist?

share your naturist and nudism experiences and points of view

by Anonymousreply 3404/01/2013

I am not a nudist because many of the people who practice it are old and pervs.

I have however gone to a nude beach upon occasion and laid far away from the old pervs.

by Anonymousreply 107/01/2011

I only practice nudism in the privacy of my own home. Like when I post on datalounge. But then again I'm young and attractive not old and ugly (yet).

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2011

Yuck no. There's a reason clothes were invented. Nudity is fine in certain situations but I most people don't look good naked and I certainly don't want to see them in stark sunlight.

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2011

Actually I'm a never-nude.

There's dozens of us... dozens!

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2011

*not* packing my bathing suit for PTown as I type... love lying naked in the sun. Don't give a shit if someone thinks I should put my clothes back on.

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2011

See you in the dunes, R5. Remember to take off your wedding ring!

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2011

I'm not, but my partner of 20 years is. Nudity is very sexual to me, so if I'm in a nude situation, i'm just thinking about sex and too likely to get a boner. And I'm also self conscious about how I look and never feel that comofortable. But the bf just likes being nude either by himself or others, is not self conscious and doesn't view it as that sexual. So I let him go off to GNI and also just walk around the house naked when he wants. Different strokes for different folks.

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2011

when i shower.

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2011

I am old AND fat AND ugly. I spare everyone the sight of my naked body and only get nude at home.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2011

GNI - what's that?

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2011

Gay Naturists International, not that I'd go.%0D %0D I find outdoor nudism utterly unappealing, but then I loathe sunbathing. I sunburn easily and severely, and sunblock can only do so much.

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2011

I didn't think nudity was legal in P-Town anywhere. I'm going there next week... for the first time.%0D %0D I've been naked at Hippy Hollow, at Lake Travis in Austin (Texas's only Clothing Optional State Park). Also Haulover Beach (sp?) in Florida north of Miami somewhere.%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2011

I'm a semi--nudist, I guess. There is NOTHING sexual about it, though. It's more of a "comfy' thing. I like walking around the house, or even in the woods, au natural. Trust me, NO ONE wants to see me naked!

by Anonymousreply 1307/01/2011

Here you go, r12. Maybe I'll see you there?

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2011

My partner and I are naked at home, but if we go to a clothing optional resort, I'll be the one who usually takes my clothes off. He likes a tan line.

by Anonymousreply 1507/01/2011

You're naive if you think nothing sexual happens at GNI meetings.

by Anonymousreply 1607/01/2011

caveat to my post @r14... I haven't been to PTown in years and don't know what the situation is like these days. We used to also go nude at Longnook in Truro, MA (10 miles south/east of PTown.

by Anonymousreply 1707/01/2011

There is a large nude beach at Sandy Hook, NJ, which is part of the national park system, which Herring Cove is a part of as well.%0D %0D I don't understand why Herring Cove Beach in Ptown has a different set of rules than Sandy Hook.

by Anonymousreply 1807/01/2011

The OP on the NYC subway.

by Anonymousreply 1907/01/2011

My partner and I are nudists. We like to go to beaches and places where we can be nude and also to socialize with other nude guys. We are very casual with nudity around the house and always skinnydip in the pool.%0D Gay nudists have turned out to be some of our favorite friends.

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2011

good to know

by Anonymousreply 2107/01/2011

The gay naturist (GNI) site.

by Anonymousreply 2207/01/2011

I went to a nude beach for the first time at 19 -- dragged by my then boyfriend -- I thought all the people with less-than-perfect, even downright ugly, bodies should be covered up.

A decade of going to nude places here and in Europe, it doesn't bug me anymore. I'd like to think that I appreciate people and bodies much more now than I did at 19, whatever shape or size they come in. I may not be attracted to them, but there's still something beautiful? pretty? about people, no matter how they look.

by Anonymousreply 2307/01/2011

How RUDE!

by Anonymousreply 2407/01/2011

I'd love to be one. But I'd want a better body. I'd also want the longest, swingiest dick in the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 2507/01/2011

or the plumpest balls

by Anonymousreply 2607/01/2011

I'm surprised there are not more nudists responding.

by Anonymousreply 2707/17/2011

[quote]I've been naked at Hippy Hollow, at Lake Travis in Austin (Texas's only Clothing Optional State Park)

TEXAS!?! The state most famous for not believing in personal freedoms has a nude beach?

by Anonymousreply 2807/17/2011

Been to GNI several times and going this year. It's fun, goofy and gay gay gay. (And a cheap vacation.) Social nudity eliminates the social and class signifiers that we wear, so it's a friendly, collegial group of gay men, all ages but mostly 40+. Body shame falls away completely when you're surrounded by VERY imperfect bodies by conventional standards. Who cares?%0D %0D Definitely not for everybody but what is? The 700-800 guys that show up every year seem to have a great time.

by Anonymousreply 2907/17/2011

Not GNI, but have ben to CMEN in CA and it is fun...liberating and fun to be open minded with other nude guys. Friendly and frisky.

by Anonymousreply 3007/17/2011

I God wanted me nude I would have born that way and trust me I was born in a caftan clutching a beautiful set of Opera size pearls.

by Anonymousreply 3107/17/2011

Being a nudist I find sex has nothing to do with you get fat slim short tall people I tend to look at peoples faces when I talk to them when they are clothed or not and calling nudists pervs because you don't know a lot about it or are to shy to try it yes you get pervs but you get them with textiles as well don't knock it until you try it

by Anonymousreply 3203/31/2013

I just came from Vitambi Springs, Florida where I enjoyed an all-male, nudist weekend. There was no public sex but I had a great time.

by Anonymousreply 3304/01/2013

I wouldn't consider myself a nudist, but I like being naked. Our house is a bit of a challenge, it's older and we have windows everywhere (and we're not draping all of them) so we typically aren't naked downstairs. Upstairs is another story.

My partner and I go to Mazo beach in Wisconsin, it's about 45 minutes away. Beautiful nude beach. We went up several times last summer and can't wait to go up again this year.

by Anonymousreply 3404/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.