Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It''s official, bitches: "The A-List: New York" returns July 25!

Reichen and me be so happy!

"Logo's highly-buzzed-about, docu-reality series "The A-List New York" returns for a new season of decadent drama, over-the-top "frenemy" squabbles and a fierce, new gal pal to boot. Watch these A-Listers live the high-life as they reach new heights in their fast-paced careers, travel to glam locations and most-of-all, fight it out for social supremacy within their velvet-roped world. From the producers of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," the new 11-episode, one-hour season of "The A-List: New York" returns Monday, July 25 at 10/9c on Logo.

Joining the cast of "The A-List: New York" this season is Nyasha Zimucha. Viewers may know her from her role as a judge on "Little Miss Perfect" %E2%80%93 a show that highlighted child beauty pageants. A well-known national pageant title holder herself (Miss Africa USA), Nyasha embodies the complete package with brains to go along with her beauty. CEO of "Embrace Your Hair," a hair and wig accessories company, Nyasha is out to prove the A-List is far from a "boys only" club. This season follows her quest to conquer the cutthroat music industry as an up-and-coming recording artist. Loaded with ambition and lusting for opportunity, you can be sure she'll school the boys on a thing or two as she stops at nothing to make it big.

In addition to Nyasha, the complete, original cast returns to "The A-List: New York" with more drama than ever including: "The Amazing Race" winner actor/model Reichen Lehmkuhl, Brazilian model Rodiney Santiago, renowned celebrity photographer and "RuPaul's Drag Race" and "America's Next Top Model" staple Mike Ruiz, international model Austin Armacost, modeling agent Derek Lloyd Saathoff, and ultra-high-end salon owner Ryan Nickulas and his always quotable sidekick, TJ Kelly.

This season picks up where the volatile first season left off, following provocative storylines including: Reichen and Rodiney's relationship, Derek's launch of a new product line, Austin's attempts to stir the pot and Ryan and his husband struggling to adopt a child. Along the way new relationships ignite, nude photos are revealed, one cast member scores a national magazine cover and gossip spreads when a romantic trip to Hawaii pairs the most unlikely cast mates. "The A-List: New York" reclaims its rightful place alongside the greatest jaw-dropping television full of drama, extravagance and larger-than-life personalities.

"The A-List: New York" is produced by True Entertainment with Steven Weinstock, Glenda Hersh and David Stefanou serving as Executive Producers. Christopher Willey serves as Executive Producer for Logo. For more information on "The A-List: New York" and to catch up on episodes from the first season, go to LogoTV.com. For up-to-date "The A-List: New York" news and exclusives, join The A-List: New York Facebook page or follow on the series on Twitter at @LogoTV and #AListNY."

by Rodineyreply 60009/13/2011

crickets chirping

by Rodineyreply 106/24/2011

So they bring in a female to the cast? WTF? They should've brought in another hot Brazilian, to act as a rival against Rodiney. That would be watchable.

by Rodineyreply 206/24/2011

Yeah I wonder about Zimacha or whatever. I loved laughing at her on Little Miss Perfect but unless she's going to undo her tuck I don't get why they added her.

by Rodineyreply 306/24/2011

[quote]"The A-List: New York" reclaims its rightful place alongside the greatest jaw-dropping television full of drama, extravagance and larger-than-life personalities.

Really?

by Rodineyreply 406/24/2011

R2 No thanks. Brazilians are ugly.

by Rodineyreply 506/24/2011

r5 = Austin

by Rodineyreply 606/24/2011

R6 = Rodiney the wannabe "model"

by Rodineyreply 706/24/2011

If ever a show was misnamed...

by Rodineyreply 806/24/2011

How funny is it that, in recapping last season's *provocative storylines* , they do not mention Mike Ruiz at all. HA.

by Rodineyreply 906/24/2011

[quote]Logo's highly-buzzed-about, docu-reality series...%0D %0D Not that for a minute we believed any of it was based in truth, but a friend recently posted on his FB page that he was at a restaurant where an episode of The A-List was being filmed. They had to re-shoot one of the cast members entrances four times. And that was just the beginning.

by Rodineyreply 1006/24/2011

This is how we live.

by Rodineyreply 1106/24/2011

"A-List: Dallas" is going to be a disaster. None of the guys are hot or interesting. It won't last past the first season.

by Rodineyreply 1206/24/2011

HOLY SHIT!!!!! I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!

by Rodineyreply 1306/24/2011

R12, have the revealed who's on the Dallas one?

by Rodineyreply 1406/24/2011

One step forward, two steps back.

by Rodineyreply 1506/25/2011

Great....I bet we get to see the ugly blonde hair dresser marry his fat gross black boyfriend.

by Rodineyreply 1606/25/2011

TJ is a pussy hound from way back. He fucked me until my vagina bone snapped and then he gayed it up and went on this show. I still love him and yes my pussy still aches.

by Rodineyreply 1806/25/2011

[quote]"A-List: Dallas" is going to be a disaster. None of the guys are hot or interesting. It won't last past the first season.

as it is impossible to be a-list living in a d-list city, i would agree.

by Rodineyreply 1906/25/2011

So, Rodiney will be a castmember of the second season? I read some rumors that they (intended?) to replace him with someone new for Reichen.

by Rodineyreply 2006/25/2011

R18, I love you.%0D %0D I can't wait for July MOTHERFUCKING 25th.

by Rodineyreply 2106/25/2011

r20 Rodiney is the break out star of the show. He must return!

by Rodineyreply 2206/25/2011

I'm looking forward to it.

by Rodineyreply 2306/25/2011

I am looking forward to it too. I found it entertaining.

by Rodineyreply 2406/25/2011

Yes, R14.

by Rodineyreply 2506/25/2011

It certainly ties with "Drag Race" as the most interesting thing to come out of LOGO.

I wonder if Austin has gotten thinner or if he ballooned since last season.

I admit I have a soft spot for that little douche.

by Rodineyreply 2606/25/2011

I hope Rodiney gets a chance to beat Austin's ass this season.

by Rodineyreply 2706/25/2011

Thanks, r25. The first one, Beau, looks semi cute.

by Rodineyreply 2806/25/2011

"I'm not happy, Reichen"

by Rodineyreply 2906/25/2011

Ugh this series makes me want to go into conversion therapy. I'm embarrassed to have the same orientation as them.

by Rodineyreply 3006/25/2011

by Rodineyreply 3106/25/2011

This thread (and R30) reminds me of a recent conversation I overheard:

I was volunteering in an office and a Middle Eastern girl was talking about a show she watches on BET. A couple of black people started chastising her and saying how horrible BET is. They weren't self-loathing or anything, but the point they were trying to make is that a lot of shows on BET do nothing more than perpetuate stereotypes about black people.

That's what a lot of the shows on LOGO do for gays. I think RuPaul is hilarious, but Drag Race and The A List either go out of their way to make gays look bitchy and femme or materialistic and shallow. Everyone has some of those traits (straight or gay), but I don't think we should revel in being treated like real-life cartoons (all flash, no substance).

by Rodineyreply 3206/25/2011

"Nyasha embodies the complete package with brains to go along with her beauty"

Brains? Not based on her comments on "Little Miss Perfect"--she always sounded mentally challenged to me. And beauty? I figured her for a 40-passing-as-20 washed-up former pageant queen, only slightly younger than the 50-year-old female judge, the blonde with the revolting little dog.

by Rodineyreply 3306/25/2011

Why are they bringing in a woman? I know nothing about this Little Miss Perfect show? Is this woman a tranny? Is she gay? I don't understand why they would bring a woman into a show focused around gay guys.%0D %0D And no, I am not a woman-hater. Just puzzled by this new addition to the cast.

by Rodineyreply 3406/25/2011

Rodiney's alter ego.

by Rodineyreply 3506/25/2011

"I'm embarrassed to have the same orientation as them"%0D %0D %0D %0D I doubt straight people say the same thing about the Jersey Shore castmembers or the Real Housewives gang. Lighten up - it's just a silly tv show.

by Rodineyreply 3606/25/2011

English please R37?

by Rodineyreply 3806/25/2011

Derek has been at David Barton pumping it up for the last couple of months, so I guess it was in prep for this. He started out with a trainer but now is solo. I guess at $135 a session, it got to be a little pricey.

by Rodineyreply 3906/25/2011

Coming soon:%0D %0D %0D %0D The A-List: Washington DC%0D %0D %0D %0D Featuring Aaron Schock, David Dreier, Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham.

by Rodineyreply 4006/26/2011

R37 was meant for the OP and they know what it means. That's good enough.

by Rodineyreply 4106/26/2011

MISS Lindsey Graham, if you please.

by Rodineyreply 4206/26/2011

I hope Rodiney punches Derek in the face this season.

by Rodineyreply 4306/26/2011

OP here, and I have no fucking idea what R37 is talking about. DL is the only place I've posted anything about "The A-List," and no, I do not work for Logo or have any association with anyone who works on the show or for the network. In response to R32:

[quote]Drag Race and The A List either go out of their way to make gays look bitchy and femme or materialistic and shallow.

"The A-List" is no better or worse than any of "The Real Housewives" shows in this regard -- or numerous other reality shows, for that matter. They're all caricatures, amplified even further through editing that frequently makes them appear even bitchier/cuntier than they are in actual reality. That said, the people on such shows are certainly based on stereotypes that happen, in some cases, to be true. Most of us who live in New York, or have lived here at some point, know that there are PLENTY of bitchy, femme, materialistic and/or narcissistic gays here. There are plenty of perfectly normal gays, too, but normal gays don't produce the kind of drama that makes for interesting reality TV, just as normal suburban housewives don't. That doesn't mean, in either instance, that these shows are "the new minstrels."

by Rodineyreply 4406/26/2011

Spotted TJ and Mike Ruiz at the parade today, basking in the cheers and the jeers.

by Rodineyreply 4506/26/2011

Are they going to show Reichen doing his Cam4 shows?

by Rodineyreply 4606/26/2011

Were they on a float for the A-list or just walking around?

by Rodineyreply 4706/26/2011

They were each on a float. TJ was with Manila Luzon and Mike Ruiz had one all to himself, go-go boys notwithstanding.

by Rodineyreply 4806/27/2011

[quote]Mike Ruiz had one all to himself%0D %0D Did his hair from last season have it's own as well?

by Rodineyreply 4906/27/2011

"Highly buzzed-about"? Not even in the world's gayest beehive.

by Rodineyreply 5006/27/2011

"Logo's highly-buzzed-about"

In other words: The ratings sucked.

by Rodineyreply 5106/27/2011

I was at a party the other night and a bunch of guys were talking about "The A-List." They all hated the show but they watched it nonetheless.

by Rodineyreply 5206/27/2011

Rodiney is listed as "single" on Facebook.

by Rodineyreply 5306/27/2011

Yawn...

by Rodineyreply 5406/27/2011

LOGO knows that a bunch of mincing queens aren't enough to carry a show, so they had to bring in a real woman to save it.

by Rodineyreply 5506/27/2011

[quote]I was at a party the other night and a bunch of guys were talking about "The A-List." They all hated the show but they watched it nonetheless.

Honey, you just described 90% of the American viewing audience of every show on TV.

by Rodineyreply 5606/27/2011

Mike Ruiz left the dust mop at home, R49. TJ looked like he's on steroids and had maybe gotten into some of Ryan's botox stash. I am still not sure if it was really him.

by Rodineyreply 5706/27/2011

"LOGO knows that a bunch of mincing queens aren't enough to carry a show, so they had to bring in a real woman to save it"%0D %0D %0D %0D Save it? It was a hit for them the first time around, that's why they are bringing it back.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 5806/27/2011

The main audience for such shows isn't gay guys only. It's mostly women / fraus / fag hags who watch such shows. It's only logical to give the female audience a character they can identify with.

by Rodineyreply 5906/27/2011

Wonder if they'll address Reichen's jerking off on cam4?

by Rodineyreply 6006/27/2011

They're bringing the show back? RuPaul must be on vacation.

by Rodineyreply 6106/27/2011

The show is enjoyable, actually addictive, but all the guys are so flaming and queeny. LOGO used to have much more diverse programming. For instance, Noah's Ark had a nice mix of queeny and butcher, straight-acting guys, guys you wouldn't necessarily know were gay. I like that approach better, since it's better reflective of the gay community I know.

by Rodineyreply 6206/27/2011

Ms. r62, nobody wants to watch boring, straight acting gays. We want drama bitch!

by Rodineyreply 6306/27/2011

[quote]The show is enjoyable, actually addictive, but all the guys are so flaming and queeny.

Reichen is neither flaming nor queeny, and back when he and Chip were on "The Amazing Race," DLers couldn't get enough of the fact that there were finally two "hot, butch gay role models" on television.

by Rodineyreply 6406/27/2011

What ever happened to "Roberto," that Bolivian guy that teased and dumped Derek? He was kinf of hot looking.

by Rodineyreply 6506/27/2011

I see TJ in and around Chelsea all the time. He is a evil,sneering,smug queen. Hangs with a group of equally repulsive party hags and acts like she's sooooo above it all. .People laugh at her.

by Rodineyreply 6606/27/2011

[quote]I see TJ in and around Chelsea all the time. He is a evil,sneering,smug queen.

Shock.

by Rodineyreply 6706/27/2011

Picture of Derek and Rodiney from a Pride party on Sunday...

Derek is looking a lot more buff than last year. He probably saw how scrawny he looked on tv and decided to get a personal trainer to beef up.

Rodiney looks drunk/high, but still good.

by Rodineyreply 6806/28/2011

Oh god... This show annoys me beyond belief because a) they tried to make it seem like it was gonna be like the real housewives series (which it wasn't... at all) it doesn't take a look at the guys personal lives liek their businesses, and relationships, and it doesn't have the feel of the Real housewives. b) i have no problem with queen-y gay guys, but these are jsut vapid, catty queens with no substance. So annoying. and lastly, c) the guys actually had the nerve to say that they are a good representation of gay men.

by Rodineyreply 6906/28/2011

I think the new season is going to be a vast improvement from the last. They've probably worked the kinks out. Now that we've established who these people are, I hope they delve deeper into their individual lives.

by Rodineyreply 7006/28/2011

They are a group of repulsive feces, who deserve nothing but scorn; they are disgusting. Hopefully they are not indicative of the New York gay scene.

by Rodineyreply 7106/28/2011

Is Austen still fat?

by Rodineyreply 7206/28/2011

This show makes its viewers feel good in a "Thank god, I'm not the worst / shallowest / most mental / stupidest person in the world" sort of way.

by Rodineyreply 7306/28/2011

They don't represent the gay community. They're fame whores who only represent themselves, just like anyone else who does a reality show that doesn't involve a talent or skill. %0D %0D I will watch because they're so delusions are very entertaining. I wonder if Derek had another atypical Pride party this year.

by Rodineyreply 7406/28/2011

[quote] ultra-high-end salon owner Ryan Nickulas %0D %0D I can't believe they're still trying to get anyone to believe that. He's a step above SuperCuts, granted, but that's about it. And located in an former pizza parlor--where at least they had decent food.%0D %0D TJ = every sad meth queen who thinks she's a fabulous "club kid" but can't even manage to pull off looking younger than 40.

by Rodineyreply 7506/28/2011

To be fair TJ has been an AA queen for several years now. Doesn't even take a sip of beer.

by Rodineyreply 7606/28/2011

I'm doing my own 'oh dear'. I meant to type I will watch because their delusions are very entertaining.' changed my sentence a few times. Oops!

by Rodineyreply 7706/28/2011

i would watch if Rodiney would show us his hairy Brazillian butthole every week.

by Rodineyreply 7806/28/2011

Since when are Derek and Rodiney such good buds, R68?%0D

by Rodineyreply 7906/28/2011

[quote]Doesn't even take a sip of beer.%0D %0D Well, being a dry drunk would explain a lot.

by Rodineyreply 8006/28/2011

I saw that kewpie doll Ryan Nickulas on Eighth Ave last weekend and he's still fat and still looks like he's just smelled cookes. I saw Austin and his chav boyfriend last March and Austin is still fat and his chav boyfriend still has all those unfortunate moles.

by Rodineyreply 8106/28/2011

If I wanted to see a conglomeration of self-indulgent, delusional queers, I'd go to the next meeting of the American bishops.

by Rodineyreply 8206/28/2011

R81 is an example of why only NYC effeminates and those who want to mock them watch the show. NYC effeminates watch so that they might see somebody they know; mockers watch it so that they have somebody to feel superior to.

by Rodineyreply 8306/28/2011

TJ may not drink but girl is a hoover.

by Rodineyreply 8406/28/2011

Am I the only one who simply KNOWS that R83, who frequently and endlessly posits on DL about "NYC effeminates," is one of those "dudes" who thinks he's "masculine" and "straight-acting" but turns into the wimpiest little bitch imaginable once you bend his ass over?

[quote]Rodiney looks drunk/high, but still good.

There is nothing in that photo indicating that Rodiney is drunk or high.

[quote]they tried to make it seem like it was gonna be like the real housewives series (which it wasn't... at all) it doesn't take a look at the guys personal lives liek their businesses

Since when do the RH shows give us any true insight into the housewives' professional careers? With the possible exception of Bethenny on RHONY before she left, all we see are passing glimpses of their day-to-day work lives -- just like on "The A-List."

by Rodineyreply 8506/29/2011

R85 - you take yourself and this stupid show much too seriously. You must be one of those NYC effeminates.

by Rodineyreply 8606/29/2011

[quote]chav boyfriend %0D %0D what's "chav" mean?

by Rodineyreply 8706/29/2011

Were you always such a toxic person R86? Looking at your posts in just this thread I can hardly imagine what a horror show you must be in real life.

by Rodineyreply 8806/29/2011

Put down your purse, R88. It will be fine.You really seem wound too tightly.

by Rodineyreply 8906/29/2011

Me, wound too tightly? You apparently haven't read your own posts.

It must be awful for you, knowing that you're going to be alone for the rest of your life. Given that the amount of toxic bile you undoubtedly spew in your daily life must drive people away from you in droves.

by Rodineyreply 9106/29/2011

This might not be a PC question, but do we know if any of these guys are poz.

by Rodineyreply 9206/29/2011

A "chav" is a rowdy British street thug.%0D %0D Completely not Austin's BF.

by Rodineyreply 9306/29/2011

r92, there was a small moment in the first season where Ryan got Rodiney to admit that he and Reichen were barebacking. It never received any attention, but it really got me to thinking that one or the other if not both might be. I don't know if one stays neg fucking bareback with someone like Reichen, who probably gets around much more than any of us think.

by Rodineyreply 9406/29/2011

Barebacking with anyone is dangerous. Even more so with someone like Reichen.

by Rodineyreply 9506/29/2011

Has anyone ever been to Ryan's salon?

by Rodineyreply 9606/29/2011

wow R87, those pics are airbrushed to death. Those two look older as a result.

by Rodineyreply 9706/29/2011

R96, I presume the "underlings" are the ones who do the actual work in that salon.

by Rodineyreply 9806/29/2011

Ryan's rates are higher than what the other "team members" charge for the same service.

by Rodineyreply 9906/29/2011

Maybe strict tops charge a higher fee.

by Rodineyreply 10006/29/2011

No but his website is utter shit. Totally cheap with horrendous bios, unreadable font and tacky poorly photoshopped pics.

by Rodineyreply 10106/29/2011

Reichen is a total bottom and based on the gossip about Rodiney he is a total top. That would make it pretty unlikely for Reichen to have infected Rodiney even if Reichen is poz, no?

I suspect Reichen is into barebacking in general. I remember seeing an interview with the cast (including Rodiney and TJ but minus Austin who was in England) at some event. The gay interviewer asked them for some words in support of safe sex. All the guys said stuff like play safe and "condoms are hot!" except for Reichen who rambled on about "know your status" and "we're fortunate enough to have lots of clinics around so there's no reason not to know your status, so know your status". No words about condoms or safe sex other than knowing your status, which I guess means he thinks guys can just rely on trusting what each other say about being poz or not.

by Rodineyreply 10206/29/2011

Has Ryan's sugar daddy dumped him yet? Ryan spends most of his time trolling for hookups.

by Rodineyreply 10306/29/2011

I hope for his sake that Roidney wears condoms.

by Rodineyreply 10406/29/2011

I see that Mike Ruiz is still sporting the same hairstyle.

by Rodineyreply 10506/29/2011

I think it's safe to assume that, like pornstars, any Reality TV famewhore who looks like a circuit queen is HIVpoz.

by Rodineyreply 10606/29/2011

Some of these guys definitely have that poz look, or maybe it's just the steroids that give them that.

by Rodineyreply 10706/29/2011

Are they really going to shoe-horn Mike Ruiz into another season? In the last one it looked like all of the footage of him was from an episode of Coming Out Stories that they grafted onto the A-List.

by Rodineyreply 10806/29/2011

Did Reichen's singing career ever take off? What about Austin's modeling career?

by Rodineyreply 10906/29/2011

[quote]Are they really going to shoe-horn Mike Ruiz into another season?

Hopefully they figured out a way to give him some semblance of a storyline this season.

[quote]Did Reichen's singing career ever take off? What about Austin's modeling career?

They're even deader than Lindsay Lohan's film career.

by Rodineyreply 11006/29/2011

They do have a very special story slated for Mike Ruiz. There is an intervention and he's taken to a hospital in Switzerland where they perform an experimental personality transplant. But it doesn't take.

by Rodineyreply 11106/30/2011

They showed an episode last night at midnight. Reichen is just over the top narcissistic. In one of his commentary "scenes", he says that he has a great body. Even if it's true, who goes around saying that! Conceited much!

by Rodineyreply 11206/30/2011

A couple of weeks ago I was invited by a cast mate to attend a party that was (of course) filmed for the show. The entire cast (sans Austin) were there. After being a 'fan' of the 1st season (well, I watched it, albeit cringing every episode) it's natural to assume shallowness and narcissism will be the theme of the night. But no. It took me by suprise how nice, open and friendly all of them are! Very suprised. A nice one at least.

Being a small town country boy and the fact that this couldn't be further from my usual hang outs in NYC, I was intimidated coming to the party because of the egos that were played up on TV, but they all made me feel welcome, comped my alcohol, while we all talked, laughed and joked around for the night. They are actually really cool guys I'm glad to say.

It was an interesting night, but I'm not going to give any spoilers for what happenend next, hehe.

Also to the guy who said Ryan is still fat, you couldn't be further from the truth. He has slimmed down ALOT. Scarily so. I barely recognize him.

by Rodineyreply 11306/30/2011

Usually on these reality shows, the ones who are chubby on the first season tend to go in the extreme opposite for the next. This is because they see their fat selves on the screen they get embarrassed and hit up the trainer.

by Rodineyreply 11406/30/2011

r113 has GOT to be some PR shill associated with the show, because those bitches are as shallow as they come. The editing has nothing to do with it. What you see is what you get.

by Rodineyreply 11506/30/2011

R115 No I'm not in PR - But what you stated is exactly what I expected. I'm not trying to change anyone's perception of these guys, just sharing my experience. If they were being big ego bitches all night, that would've been my story instead.

by Rodineyreply 11606/30/2011

It's iron-clad Datalounge rule R116. If you actually like something or say something even remotely positive, you're a paid shill. It's really tiresome, but it's the way a lot of people around here think.

by Rodineyreply 11706/30/2011

'Being a small town country boy' %0D %0D There's your answer,R113. They wanted to get into your pants.

by Rodineyreply 11806/30/2011

Did Ryan and his meal ticket have their baby yet?

by Rodineyreply 11906/30/2011

Oh hardly R118. If anything they would be into my bf as he's far more attractive than I am, and far more 'country' lol. Tho I have the better personality between us. Sorry babe! Haha. He's cute but shy, I'm fug but friendly.

I now see what you mean R117. This was my 1st post on this site, and I get ripped apart, haha.

Sorry R119 I didn't discuss that with him, not my business. But I think I've heard through the grapevine that yeah they have. I think?

by Rodineyreply 12006/30/2011

R113, you must be hot and/or connected, if they were so nice to you.

by Rodineyreply 12106/30/2011

Agreed that they were only nice to him because they thought he could do something for them. They're all a bunch of users. These fame whores want nothing to do with you unless you can keep them in the public eye.

by Rodineyreply 12206/30/2011

They should get Nick Starcevic on this show.

by Rodineyreply 12306/30/2011

Derek looks like a bossy bottom.

by Rodineyreply 12406/30/2011

Wrong, R124, I no longer possess an anus.

by Rodineyreply 12506/30/2011

Is Reichen top or bottom? Both he and Roidney seem like passive bottoms. Is it possible for two raging bottoms to be in a relationship?

by Rodineyreply 12606/30/2011

R126 Versatile darling. Both of them. Relationship is a stretch tho. FWB is the operative term. Or Roomates with benefits...

by Rodineyreply 12706/30/2011

Ryan is the richest one of the show, by association with his banker "husband". Now that gay marriage is legal in NY, I'm sure Ryan is clamoring to drag his beau down the aisle, sans-prenup!

Mike Ruiz is the second richest, given that he is the only one with a real profession. As a celebrity photographer, I'm sure he make a pretty penny.

The third richest is Reichen. His endorsement deals, calendars and paid appearances keep him afloat.

The forth richest is Derek. Being a modeling agent pays well but the money isn't stable. You only get paid if your clients get paid.

The fifth richest is Rodiney. He gets some small time modeling gigs.

The sixth richest is Austin who is nothing more than a glorified houseboy.

The seventh richest is TJ who I wouldn't be surprised to find out lives off government benefits...

by Rodineyreply 12806/30/2011

R121 I'm neither of those things. I have a good attitude and that's all I bring to the table.

R122 It must be a hard life being so anti and negative. Cheer up, bud. The world isn't ALL bad...

by Rodineyreply 12906/30/2011

UGH! Please ignore R127!!! My co-worker thinks he's soooo funny. That wasn't me, I haven't had them, hahaha

by Rodineyreply 13006/30/2011

Rodiney is very hot at r68

by Rodineyreply 13106/30/2011

r123 I dont know what Im going to do when A-List and Big Brother are on at the same time.

by Rodineyreply 13206/30/2011

In the previews for the upcoming season, they barely show Rodiney at all. It makes me think he's not going to be on it much at all.

by Rodineyreply 13306/30/2011

Where are these people "A-List"? In their imaginations?

by Rodineyreply 13406/30/2011

Rodiney isn't bitchy and without dealing relationship crap with slutty, narcissist, hot and cold bf Reichen any more he wouldn't bring drama. He'll probably get little time because of it like Mike. Too bad because I think a lot of the potential audience would rather watch hot non-bitchy guys.

by Rodineyreply 13507/01/2011

Has anyone seen a legitimately high status and rich gay respond to this series? I've seen a few famous women like Wendy Williams and Kelly Ripa mention it but that's it, although with Wendy that may all have been prearranged along with booking her to host the reunion.

I haven't seen Marc Jacobs say anything. He probably is hoping as few people as possible hear about the show.

by Rodineyreply 13607/01/2011

My favorite moment from last season; Austin telling Reichen that Rodiney's pussy stinks!

Is Austin still with his British partner?

by Rodineyreply 13707/03/2011

[quote]Has anyone seen a legitimately high status and rich gay respond to this series?

Of course not, just as you'd never see a truly high-society socialite commenting about "The Real Housewives." Reality-TV stars are viewed as attention-seeking trash by such types.

No one REALLY thinks anyone on this show -- a PR flack who lives with two roommates, a hairdresser who married a sugardaddy twice his age, a Brazilian model with zero chance of making it Stateside, a former Marc Jacobs boyfriend trying to stage a modeling comeback while 20 pounds overweight (also zero chance of that happening), and a failed actor who couldn't get any work beyond a two-episode guest stint on "The Young and the Restless" or a few episodes on a gay series no one watches, and who couldn't even make it more than a few days in an off-OFF-Broadway show -- constitutes any sort of actual "A-List."

by Rodineyreply 13807/03/2011

Why don't they cast the cutie Davis Mallory in this show? He is MUCH, MUCH better looking than all those guys combined together!

by Rodineyreply 13907/03/2011

I wouldn't go *that* far, R139 (flame away, bitches, but Reichen's hot, as is Rodiney), but Davis, to my knowledge, has no ties whatsoever to NYC. Merely being an openly gay reality star doesn't qualify you to star on "The A-List."

by Rodineyreply 14007/03/2011

[quote]Merely being an openly gay reality star doesn't qualify you to star on "The A-List."

by Rodineyreply 14107/03/2011

Yeah, he does, R140! DM's good friends with Ryan Kehoe of NYC, isn't he? And, DM is WAY, WAY better looking than that used-up leather called Reichen.

by Rodineyreply 14207/03/2011

Do you remember when Austin jumped on Rodiney and started punching him while the other gurls screamed?

by Rodineyreply 14307/03/2011

"Doesn't even take a sip of beer."

Sorry. That doesn't make him any less repulsive.

by Rodineyreply 14407/07/2011

r143, I remember that. Rodiney sure looked wimpy in that fight.

by Rodineyreply 14507/16/2011

WOw! This thread is very refreshing and seems to echo the "official A-List Fan Website". There is a comments section below each episode that you can watch online, and without variation, the comments are about 99% scathing in their review and opinion of the boys.%0D %0D I watched Season 1 simply because I like to look at hot male bodies, and Reichen and Rodiney are very hot as bodies. As people, I had a very adverse opinion. For some reason (getting used to a new anti-depressant?) I was very hot for Rodiney and was a daily twitter and facebook contributer. Rodiney/Reichen had this angle where they occasionally would surprise a fan by calling them ad hoc on the phone. I got such a call. Obviously, the guys didn't call just to be snarky, but were very funny (which I helped along with my sparkling personality). I sent Rodiney some pictures of me, we got a little one-to-one chat going on, and when he came to LA alone, we got together. So something that might seem absurd actually occurred. I do think Rodiney is a nice guy but he is incredibly narcistic (are all models like that?), and rather childlike, dependent and always "in the moment". I fear for his future. He has an incredibly body but refuses to refine his broken English. When the A-List NY finally closes down, I hope he will be OK. The rest of them can go to hades. Being such shallow bitches, they will do so when age catches up with them. THey seem to be the type that will melt like the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz when they hit 40.

by Rodineyreply 14607/16/2011

I wonder if any of the others will show their dicks like Reichen has?

by Rodineyreply 14707/16/2011

R147, which guys would you want to see? I honestly cannot think of any guy there I would want to see naked. Rodiney is obviously the exception and he has a right to be very proud of his hidden assets. Happily it isn't wasted either - being a top. Who really cares about Reichen's dick if he's a 100% bottom?

by Rodineyreply 14807/16/2011

TMZs most hated gay new york city boy ian bernardo is where its at. these other boys dont have anything on that mess

by Rodineyreply 14907/24/2011

That's one ugly bitch, R149. I can't even bear to look at him.

by Rodineyreply 15007/25/2011

Wow, I guess Logo can stick a fork in this show. No comments AT ALL about the premiere on this thread and the other thread someone started only got like 2 replies.

by Rodineyreply 15107/27/2011

[quote]Also to the guy who said Ryan is still fat, you couldn't be further from the truth. He has slimmed down ALOT. Scarily so. I barely recognize him.

Are you high? He's fatter than he was last season. He's gained at least another ten pounds.

by Rodineyreply 15207/27/2011

R11, I feel genuinely sorry for you if The A-List New York reflects how you live.

by Rodineyreply 15307/27/2011

I saw the first episode last night. It was just a screaming bitch session. The addition of a woman is absurd, and I bet most gays dislike her already - how typical though in gay life for some pushing broad to waltz into a gay social setting and play the diva even to the point of barking out orders. Obviously, Austin did not mean to slap her fat wrist, but she took melo-drama to a new high. I thought I was watching an episode of MOB WIVES, where the wives of Mafia men (most in prison) are constantly having cat fights and even punching each other around (such class!). %0D %0D I thought to myself, everyone minute of air time they give this bitch is time they could be showing us Rodiney without his clothes on. I would never get tired of just watching him at photo shoots. %0D %0D People keep saying that Derek has become so buff during the summer. Huh? He started out emaciated last season, so if he put on a few pounds it just makes him look more healthy, but buff? Poor TJ is crying even in the first episode, and Ryan is acting like Leona Helmsley, queen of New York. Reichen continues to be dumb as the proverbial door nail (what's a door nail?), while Mike remains hot with a dobbleganger as a boyfriend. %0D %0D Last question for New Yorkers: How can Rodiney possibly afford his own apartment in NY?

by Rodineyreply 15407/27/2011

R139 and R142 Davis Mallory? Better looking than the rest of the cast combined? Please, he looks like a young Ryan. Or the lovechild of Ryan and Derek. Not appealing in the slightest.

R154 I agree with your last comment re Rodiney affording his own apt. I think Logo is paying for apartments for both him and Austin. No idea how Austin can afford his one. I'm fairly certain I earn a lot more more $ than him or his bf, but my place ain't that nice!

by Rodineyreply 15507/27/2011

When Rodiney said he "runs NY" I thought "You poor thing." Of course, he had to be joking, right? Does he really think his body is frozen in time and will not age? Does he think he can sustain himself financially for many years to come? If the guy had the brains to learn to speak proper English (instead of the parrot-speak he does), he might have a chance on commercials or even soap opera TV. But all he's got going for him is his body, and we know that gravity always wins in the end. Even if he is accustomed to rely on the "kindness" of strangers, that too will start to dry up eventually unless he nails some rich guy and they get married. Sorry, I just don't see his reasons for always seeming to be so optimistic about himself. Can foreigners work indefinitely in the USA or will his green card eventually expire? I guess he can always return to Brazil and live with his mom. He does seem to have a really close family.

by Rodineyreply 15607/27/2011

I agree that the so-called apartment of Austin and his English wife must be incredibly expensive: granite top counters, new cupboards, new appliances? And neither of these 2 guys seem to have jobs? This is really fantasyland. %0D %0D OH, yes....Derek QUITS his so-called A-List job that gives him access to so many celebrities in NY (or was he fired?). And he plans to make it big with a suntan oil? I am sure some ninnies will buy it because it is being promoted on the show, but it seems like Derek is on the down escalator.

by Rodineyreply 15707/27/2011

Hey, let's get creative here. As long as they dumped this woman into the show for no logical reason (taking time from the guys), who else would we be likely to see next? I vote for Richard Simmons. Can you imagine those queens trying to be "A-List" with him running around in his little short and tank top, humping the couch, goosing Reichen, etc.%0D %0D Note: Can't the 2 A-List threads somehow be merged?

by Rodineyreply 15807/27/2011

Mike Ruiz is the Lorna Luft of the show. No one knows who he is or wants him around.

by Rodineyreply 15907/27/2011

I think Nyasha was brought on to take the heat off of Austin. She almost makes him come off well.

by Rodineyreply 16007/27/2011

R160, she is turning me into an instant racist overnight. I am so tired of seeing people in their 20's or even 30's with no self-control screaming and bellowing at each other, and then having the audacity to think they are witty and upscale, somehow the top echelon. What does LOGO do, give each person on the show a huge shot of steroids before filming to bring out the rage? You touch some prima donna's wrist by mistake and you are not mortal enemies for life (the A-List in Kindergarden). %0D %0D I'd like to see the guys tie a heavy cement object around Miss N's fat neck and drop her into the deepest part of the Hudson River. Then maybe we can get back to what the show is supposed to be about - some gay bitches.

by Rodineyreply 16107/29/2011

Austin looks hot this year

by Rodineyreply 16207/29/2011

R161's reaction is more unhinged than any reality show character. The feds need to track him down and keep him under observation. He sounds dangerous.

by Rodineyreply 16307/29/2011

They filmed an episode at the Housing Works bookstore. A friend who works there had never heard of the show. He said he thought it was totally scripted given the number of lines being fed to them and the multiple retakes they did.

by Rodineyreply 16407/29/2011

First let me say, I AM HOOKED.

But, this SHOW IS SO FAKE.

REALLY FAKE. FAKE FAKE.

And these "A listers" are spending the "summer" in NYC?? I thought they lived there? Talking about Derek, tubby Austin.

And the scenes are just that--scenes. Watching tubby Austin walk out of his "apt" to accept a call from Nyasha and OMFG, there's the camera man outside waiting for the perfect shot.

FAKE. Boring fake.

I do agree about this: just show Rodiney 24/7 and his body and his mouth. And the way he speaks.

Ryan Darius? OMG. What a queen.

by Rodineyreply 16507/29/2011

R163, Geez, I was just trying to fit in at DL by being bitchy and hateful. Sigh...I guess I am not very good at it and went over the top. If it needs saying (rolling my eyes), I do not really want anyone to throw Miss N into the deepest part of the Hudson River. %0D %0D I guess I'll never get the hang of being a DL bitch. Somehow I feel blessed in realizing that.

by Rodineyreply 16607/29/2011

I thought his name was Ryan Nikolous last season. Did it change?

by Rodineyreply 16707/29/2011

R40, now those bitches are sick.

by Rodineyreply 16807/29/2011

It's A-list enough for us, R138, we're just the gays!

by Rodineyreply 16907/29/2011

This show is the fakest fake that ever faked. My gays don't act like these fake idiots.

by Rodineyreply 17007/29/2011

How likely, R156, do you think it is that when it's all over and he's broke Rodiney will not only return to Brazil to be with his family but also marry a woman there?

by Rodineyreply 17107/29/2011

Beautiful men and women always find a soft place to land.

Have you ever seen a beautiful homeless person? Exactly.

People bend over backwards trying to "help" beautiful people. They hook them up with jobs and opportunities. They even give them chunks of money to help them when they're down.

by Rodineyreply 17207/29/2011

R172, so very true. But will Rodiney stay beautiful. I bet as he gets older, he will get jowls (like Harrison Ford), and the face (which we only see with make-up) will start to have a lot of lines around the eyes. Rodiney isn't actually beautiful - he's just very sexy. I shrug my shoulders and realize it's pretty much the same as beautiful. I agree totally with the person who said he will probably end up going home, settling down in his native Brazilian culture, find a good woman and create about 8 little Rodineys and Rodinettes. I think absolutely everything he does now is for the money.

by Rodineyreply 17307/29/2011

Shut up, bitches! I'm still the biggest byotch on this show!

by Rodineyreply 17407/29/2011

I love Rodiney because he's beautiful/sexy but know that he's a whore. So there it is in a nutshell.

by Rodineyreply 17507/29/2011

I don't think Rodiney is particularly good looking, but he does have a radiant quality about him that draws others in. Reichen, on the other hand, is a god, total perfection, although sometimes I feel he's not a human being, rather was manufactured in a laboratory.

by Rodineyreply 17607/29/2011

I got bumped off by Primetime when I tried to post this last time. Anyway, if they were tying to create drama and they wanted to bring a woman on the show so badly, why not make that woman Rodiney's new love interest? Duh, that's a whole season of drama and scripted bitchery right there.

by Rodineyreply 17707/29/2011

They brought this particular woman on because they think this is type of woman gay men want to see: some fierce sassy black bitch. It's been said that many gay men identify with this type of female. They figured nobody wants to see some boring modelfrau being romanced by Roidney.

by Rodineyreply 17807/29/2011

R176 - correction, not manufactured in a laboratory, but in a toy factory. Reichen = Ken, Barby's chaste boyfriend. %0D %0D Have you ever tried talking to a really good looking gay jock type? Man, it takes tremendous effort to stay down at their intellectual level.

by Rodineyreply 17907/29/2011

R175, I've had Rodiney and he was very good, very passionate, very much the kind of whore every gay man wants to bring home to Mother. %0D %0D Note: I already told the story of how we connected, all through a chain of events on his silly Facebook page. %0D %0D I do love the latest episode of A-List NY after a photo session with Mike Ruiz where Rodiney is standing around proudly in his underwear and Mike (like a parent) tells him to stop standing around like that and go get dressed. That's quite a rude remark to make to Rodiney.

by Rodineyreply 18007/29/2011

Reichen always reminds me of South Park's "Satan", sitting in bed whining over how Saddam treats him.

by Rodineyreply 18107/29/2011

Reichen always reminds me of a MACYS store Manikin. I really mean that. If MACYS invested in autotronic male manikins, Reichen would be a match. %0D %0D Reichen must have been a saint in a previous life, since in this life he looks gorgeous, doesn't have troubling deep emotions, and gets to fuck with any guy he wants - has anyone ever said "No thanks"? I doubt it.

by Rodineyreply 18207/29/2011

R182, correction: "gets fucked by." And the exceptions being another with an IQ over 110 or those turned off by dead eyes and/or dead souls.

by Rodineyreply 18307/29/2011

It's so interesting that they can find a heterosexual black woman to put on this show before they found a gay black man. Sad, too...

by Rodineyreply 18407/29/2011

R184, a Black man on the A-list? Now THAT might offend middle America!

by Rodineyreply 18507/29/2011

Reichen, the walking dead. Just picture Herman Munster, the monster within.

by Rodineyreply 18607/29/2011

My GOD, R186, trolldar is NOT your friend.%0D %0D You are unhinged.

by Rodineyreply 18707/30/2011

R152, that was me. And you're right. He looked as though he lost a lot of weight when I was with him, but hello, premiere episode comes and he does look bigger, lol.

I think he's going to get some lipo mid-season! That's my only explanation. Not too far fetched of a concept for this show is it?

Thru and thru the show is one big train wreck. I do like Nyasha, but sheeeet, first impressions, gurl. They count.

I'd still looooove to punch Austin in the face. Queens like him make me sick.

by Rodineyreply 18808/08/2011

New York A-List gays are so boring that the producers had to inject a woman to inject some excitement. Sad.

by Rodineyreply 18908/08/2011

Austin is so manly and straight-acting!

by Rodineyreply 19008/08/2011

Austin needs to go to AA. Of course, if he does that, the show will lose all its zest.

by Rodineyreply 19108/09/2011

Reichen doesn't look all that well this season. His face looks thin and gaunt. And those bags! I guess the stress of his relationship with Rodiney has gotten to him. I loathe Derek, but he looks a bit healthier this season.

by Rodineyreply 19208/09/2011

Ryan is so sanctimonious with his advice. If he's so wise, wouldn't he realize all that fake tanner and make-up can't hide the bloat? And what a two-face! I want someone to bitch slap him but he probably wouldn't even feel it. %0D %0D And not only is Derek a bitch who deserves to be single, but he's a horrible actress too. Everytime he tried to squeeze out a tear last night you'd think he was passing a stone. And the fight between him and Austin is such a non-story.

by Rodineyreply 19308/09/2011

The whole time I watched the drama about Austin and Derek's friendship going sour I was like "Are they fucking serious?????". The fakest childish drama ever. Reichen taking TJ to Hawaii was so hilariously badly acted (like Reichen would let TJ hang around with him in real life). And then to top it off there's Ryan as Gay Oprah (is that an oxymoron?) giving everybody advice.

But god help me. If the show was a meal and I finished the plate I'd ask for seconds.

by Rodineyreply 19408/09/2011

[quote]Ok, I'm just gonna come right into the horse's mouth.

by Rodineyreply 19508/09/2011

Is TJ laboring under the illusion that Reichen is going to fuck him on their little trip to Hawaii? Reichen obviously isn't attracted to TJ, but I could see him plowing TJ as some sort of power thing.

by Rodineyreply 19608/09/2011

Derek lost some points last night--she was wayyyy out of her acting range, first during the disastrous "date" and then during her feud with Austin. A shame, because she was actually growing on me this season. %0D %0D Speaking of ham acting, where the hell did they find Derek's Brit suitor? %0D %0D And can they find even less for Rodiney to do each week? You can barely track his screen time with a stopwatch.

by Rodineyreply 19708/09/2011

NO one is attracted to TJ, he is one ugly man!

by Rodineyreply 19808/09/2011

I cannot stomach Rodiney. He sounds like a foreign Kermit the Frog.%0D %0D Why do we seldom see Ryan's husband? %0D %0D TJ is hideous looking.%0D %0D Reichen could never love anyone more than he loves himself.%0D %0D Derek is a drama queen but he's really good looking this season.%0D %0D The girl has got to go! Another Beyonce wannabe.%0D %0D Jake is too good for Austin.

by Rodineyreply 19908/09/2011

Why did Austin get injections into his ARMPITS???

by Rodineyreply 20008/09/2011

is there a way to see the A-List online from Europe? thank you

by Rodineyreply 20108/09/2011

r200, as mentioned on the show botox injections in the armpits prevent sweating in that very area.

r201. Either check YouTube or become a member of gay torrents (dot) net where you can download the episodes.

by Rodineyreply 20208/09/2011

I love Rod-i-ney, but after all the time he's spent in New York, why does he sound like Carmen Miranda is his English coach?

by Rodineyreply 20308/09/2011

LOGO.com has the episodes.

by Rodineyreply 20408/09/2011

"NO one is attracted to TJ, he is one ugly man!"%0D %0D %0D Actually, TJ Kelly claims that he's gotten lots of offers since the show first came on.%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 20508/10/2011

"NO one is attracted to TJ, he is one ugly man!"

He has beautiful eyes.

by Rodineyreply 20608/10/2011

[quote]LOGO.com has the episodes.%0D %0D You can't access LOGO.com from outside the US.%0D %0D R201 you can download the episodes from piratebay.com.

by Rodineyreply 20708/10/2011

"NO one is attracted to TJ, he is one ugly man!"%0D %0D "He has beautiful eyes."%0D %0D %0D You gonna fuck his eyes?%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 20808/10/2011

TJ seems like he'd spread his cheeks for just about anything with a dick. Surely, someone on this board has had him, or knows of someone who has. Reichen is such a narcissist. He totally encourages the attention and flirting with TJ, and doesn't reciproate at all. He sits there shirtless with that incredible body, showing TJ what he can never have.

by Rodineyreply 20908/10/2011

Austin is really not that great looking either. It isn't just that he's a little doughy in the gut. His face isn't that beautiful either.

by Rodineyreply 21008/10/2011

I think Austin is very cute and has the body type that I'm generally attracted to, but he's totally ugly on the inside. Does he shave his entire body. Girl had no armpit hair at all when the doc was injecting him. Not even a strand. That gives me the willies.

by Rodineyreply 21108/10/2011

I swear, the A-List makes "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" look like a Barbara Kopple documentary.

Trying to decide the most absurd fakery:

1) Meeting at some random tree in Central Park;

2) Production crew desperately trying to pretend to not be production crew as they mill about in the background during bar and restaurant scenes;

3) Reichen's "House in the Hamptons"

4) Having Derek and Mike Ruiz trot out to "Reichen's House in the Hamptons" so Reichen can tell them that Rodiney wants to call a group meeting.

5) Going for a swim at said house in the Hamptons... in April.

6) A group meeting of people who haven't seen each other in a year to discuss an order of protection over a hand slapping incident.

7) Duncan Roy starring as Derek's 3-minute boyfriend. Duncan has a humorous blog post about this.

8) Reichen inviting TJ to Hawaii so that they could "spend quality time together".

9) The introduction of Nyasha.

10) Fake relationship drama over fake fluffing.

by Rodineyreply 21208/10/2011

Austin is a bitch, but he is a cute and adorable bitch with a good body. The whole pudgy dough-boy thing is obviously more producer-inspired scripting nonsense.

And although he is extremely attractive, somewhere-- maybe even here on the DL-- I saw a post that said "Austin looks like a young George Bush", which immediately struck me as spot on, making me loathe him even more.

by Rodineyreply 21308/10/2011

r207 I think you can, I watched all of last season on logo online while in Europe. It's possible that it won't work in some countries though.

by Rodineyreply 21408/10/2011

Seriously, only in the gay world would Austin be considered obese. He's got a drool-worthy fit-fat body.

by Rodineyreply 21508/10/2011

"Production crew desperately trying to pretend to not be production crew as they mill about in the background during bar and restaurant scenes." %0D %0D %0D LOL!!!! I thought I was the only one who caught that! I swear, one guy was hanging his head down in an effort not to be noticed!

by Rodineyreply 21608/10/2011

Duncan Roy's blog entry. (Scroll down.)

by Rodineyreply 21708/10/2011

R212 is dead on. There's oh so much more badly scripted bullshit.

Since this is a non union production, none of the "writers", who are really just assistant producers, get paid shit for this.

Really, this entire show needs air quotes around it about ninety nine percent of the time. Hired "actors" who make about $1,000 an episode (non union so they don't make scale) in TJs's case more around $500, producers who make nothing... production "staff" that makes less than minimum wage... it's all just so fucking tragic. It might be watchable if everyone wasn't so completely dead inside.

by Rodineyreply 21808/10/2011

Another good blog entry about the show.

by Rodineyreply 21908/10/2011

Just who is Duncan Roy? His blog gives no clue and I've never heard of him.

by Rodineyreply 22008/10/2011

What on earth is TJ's "career"? A receptionist in a salon? How is that A-List?

by Rodineyreply 22108/10/2011

But he's fabulous, r221.

by Rodineyreply 22208/10/2011

God, the profile shot of Reichen at that last link makes it look like he's got witch chin.

by Rodineyreply 22308/10/2011

He's just as much a famewhore and moron as the others, r220. He's some English slag who was on some show as a "sex addict" and called himself bisexual.

by Rodineyreply 22408/10/2011

I always love when they go into Ryan's "exclusive high end salon" and they only show one station crammed next to the booking/reception area. And probably some production assistant sitting in the chair while some stylist just brushes her hair around!

by Rodineyreply 22508/10/2011

Duncan Roy is an indie-film director who was on the short-lived [italic]Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew.[/italic] He also served some prison time in the late '70s for fraud, having passed himself off as the son of a lord in British social circles.

by Rodineyreply 22608/10/2011

Thanks 226, so he's another nobody ...figures, in a show full of them.

by Rodineyreply 22708/10/2011

Wait till you see the Dallas A-List show in October. It will be even worse. Three of the guys are practically on food stamps, yet we're supposed to believe that they're the A-list of Dallas. Pfft.

by Rodineyreply 22808/10/2011

Duncan Roy is also an awful writer, judging by that blog post.

by Rodineyreply 22908/10/2011

My favorite PA/extra was the chick who was getting her hair done at Ryan's salon. You'd think they'd get someone with a better hairstyle. And I love that in every restaurant now there's always one lone customer working on a laptop. %0D %0D R205, I'm sure TJ's had offers since the show's debut. People seem to equate TV appearances with attractiveness. %0D %0D And if Ryan owns such a high end salon, why does he have such a bad dye job and horrible make-up? %0D %0D Does anyone know what Derek has done to his face?

by Rodineyreply 23008/10/2011

"Since this is a non union production, none of the "writers", who are really just assistant producers, get paid shit for this."%0D %0D I would generally oppose this kind of exploitation, but let's be real here: does anyone who "writes" for the "A-List: New York" really deserve to make a living wage? Don't they actually deserve a vicious face-slapping?

by Rodineyreply 23108/10/2011

Is it true Derek (who'd previously claimed to be a top "modeling agent") was actually a waiter at ELMO in Chelsea before the first season of A-LIST?

by Rodineyreply 23208/10/2011

I mean, there's so many to choose from this season, but my favorite poorly acted scene to date has to be TJ's "dismissal" from his duties at Ryan's salon. Oh, the tears mixed in with the laughs!!! I know some would argue that Nyasha's slapdown scene can be considered the nadir in amateur acting, but TJ's theatrics were truly pitiful.

by Rodineyreply 23308/10/2011

Oh come on, the scene where Reichen invites TJ to Hawaii with him to share some quality time is right up there. Reichen, as stoic-looking as he normally is, could barely keep a straight face. So poorly written and acted. Have Reichen and TJ ever interacted before?

by Rodineyreply 23408/10/2011

So was Austin fluffed or not? I don't get it?

Austin is starting to look like a muppet with his is same-length hair growing on his face and head.

How many moles does his boyfriend/husband have? I can't 5 at least.

Derrick, has carb face this year.

by Rodineyreply 23508/10/2011

Ryan has the ultimate "just smelled cookies" face.

by Rodineyreply 23608/10/2011

I agree, r34, that scene literally comes out of nowhere!!!

by Rodineyreply 23708/10/2011

Nyasha's acting was pretty bad in her 'big' scene this season, but she did bring a lot of energy and commitment so i'll give her that. %0D %0D R233, in TJ's defense, the poor thing had to overact to compensate for Ryan's lack of facial expression. %0D %0D It's been fun watching Reichen try and act sexy this season. He only succeeds in looking more constipated than usual. He's good looking, but his vacant eyes, flat voice and generally stupid demeanor make him so unattractive. No wonder he got fired from that shitty play he was in.

by Rodineyreply 23808/10/2011

Reichen definitely looks tired and older than last season. Any rumors of (gasp!) drug or alcohol abuse?

by Rodineyreply 23908/10/2011

Do any of the cast members have any higher education?

by Rodineyreply 24008/10/2011

according to an article I read, the show only gets about 135,000 viewers per episode.

so even though the show is a topic of discussion for the gay community - their exposure is pretty small.

by Rodineyreply 24108/10/2011

Sometimes, when I hear Reichen talk, I realize that I'd rather throw myself out of a 20-storey building. Onto a street with moving traffic, preferably.

by Rodineyreply 24208/10/2011

R239, in that Duncan guy's blog post about the show he mentions that a couple of the cast members spoke about having drug issues.

by Rodineyreply 24308/10/2011

Reichen looks great when he's in a shirt and tie. Not so much otherwise.

by Rodineyreply 24408/10/2011

TJ looks like he smells!

by Rodineyreply 24508/10/2011

Tangential question: What do so many Brits have facial moles? Is it just part of their genetic heritage? I am not being snarky, I am just always so surprised when I watch BBC-AMerica and the actors are ugly and have moles. Are there no dermatologists in London? You go in, they desensitize the spot, and with one little sharp scoop, the mole is gone, and the skin heals just perfectly. Some English actors have so many moles you could play "connect the dots". I don't understand it. Maybe I've been just indoctrinated by USA TV where the guys are often handsome and no one would get by having moles on their face like little Indian burial mounds!

by Rodineyreply 24608/10/2011

[quote]Sometimes, when I hear Reichen talk, I realize that I'd rather throw myself out of a 20-storey building. Onto a street with moving traffic, preferably.

Why would traffic matter, hypothetically speaking? You'd be dead the literal instant you hit the ground regardless.

by Rodineyreply 24708/10/2011

"You'd be dead the literal instant you hit the ground regardless."

Not necessarily. Believe it or not, people (especially small children) have survived such falls.

by Rodineyreply 24808/10/2011

R247, he wants to be sure there is an audience. If you are going to jump off a 20 story building, you would certainly want people at the bottom. I would just be concerned about pedestrians. Having some guy land on top of you could really ruin your day, especially if you had just been to the bakery to pick up a cake.

by Rodineyreply 24908/10/2011

[quote]Believe it or not, people (especially small children) have survived such falls.

Not ones where they've landed smack-flat on concrete; there's been something there (trees, fabric canopy, etc.) to break their fall.

by Rodineyreply 25008/10/2011

J-O-S-H-U-AAAAAAAAA!

by Rodineyreply 25108/10/2011

247-250, just jump already. Do it in NY in Chelsea, there may be a chance of taking Reichen out too.

by Rodineyreply 25208/10/2011

How rude! I didn't want to jump, but was merely offering socialogical comment on why someone would want traffic for a jump. I do think the guy should do it nude. That way DL can look at the slow motion video to see if the guy is hung.

by Rodineyreply 25308/10/2011

While we are tossing bitches out of windows, can we throw Nyasha and her nasty-azz weaves out too?

by Rodineyreply 25408/10/2011

If I should stumble....

by Rodineyreply 25508/10/2011

Derek's face seems to be pumped full of Restylane. The effect makes him look swollen from bulimia, à la Renée Zellweger.

by Rodineyreply 25708/10/2011

Derek could transform himself into the most handsome man in NYC, and he would still be ugly inside (unless that was all an act, and each member of the cast is just given a character to act out). But then I think of Reichen. How would his character be described in the pre-script: "You play someone bland. You are basically eye candy for the show, so your part has little to no character. Just take off your shirt and go swimming on cue."

by Rodineyreply 25808/10/2011

Why in heaven's name would Reichen ever go to Hawaii with TJ? Reichen likes his men hot. I could see him picking up some muscular dream man from a bar and going to Hawaii for a fuck fest. But TJ? Did TJ wait on Reichen hand and foot? I could see TJ going along just to be Reichen's servant, e.g., "TJ, heat up my lubricant. I'm going into town to pick up a hot guy for a night of sex. Please stand outside the door all night in case we need anything."%0D %0D If Reichen were to invite any of the other guys, it would definitely be Austin, married or not. In the first season story line, Reichen just could not wash that man out of his hair. %0D %0D I confess that after taking Rodiney out of the list, the only guy I'd love to fuck is Austin. As another person said, only in the gay world is Austin considered overweight. I like his snarkiness and hot passion. So he drinks? That's his problem to resolve as he hits middle age. But I think he'd probably be really responsive in bed while the other men on the show would lay there like dead fish.

by Rodineyreply 25908/10/2011

I just cringed during the scene where Nyasha "invites TJ to the recording studio" to listen to some utterly generic dance track and reacts like he is in the presence of Madonna. I'm surprised he didn't say that the song wasd "fierce".

by Rodineyreply 26008/10/2011

"Do any of the cast members have any higher education?"%0D %0D %0D BWAHAHAHAH! Reichen MAY have dropped out of community college.%0D %0D Also laughing at the idea that this show is a topic of discussion in the gay community. This show is barely a topic of discussion HERE.%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 26108/10/2011

[quote]BWAHAHAHAH! Reichen MAY have dropped out of community college.

I imagine Ryan went to beauty school if he has a cosmetology license.

by Rodineyreply 26208/10/2011

Is beauty school "higher education"? Additionally, have we ever actually seen Ryan providing any kind of beautification service? He just seems to stand around at the front desk of the salon giggling with R.J. (or, I guess, not giggling with R.J. anymore).

by Rodineyreply 26308/10/2011

[quote]This show is barely a topic of discussion HERE. %0D %0D I'd say, at over 260 replies, it's quite avidly discussed.

by Rodineyreply 26408/10/2011

[quote]rather than another uppidy black woman slamming people around. Since when do black women have any power over white gay men? Not in my life, honey!! I've never had any use for fag hags.

Wow. Misogynist *and* racist. You must be a blast at parties, and a lovely, giving human in general.

[quote]BWAHAHAHAH! Reichen MAY have dropped out of community college.

Bitch, please: he graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy, up there with West Point as far as being one of the most selective colleges in the country, military or otherwise. It's sad that he so quickly sunk to the depths of fame-whoredom literally within weeks of the final airing of his season of "The Amazing Race" (at which point he dumped his husband and moved to Hollywood), but that doesn't change the fact that he was a bona fide success beforehand.

by Rodineyreply 26508/10/2011

[quote]rather than another uppidy black woman %0D %0D Bitch, if you're going to be racist at least spell 'uppity' correctly.

by Rodineyreply 26608/10/2011

R266, oh, yeah, start screaming bitch and racist. blah, blah, blah, but I bet a significant number of guys here know exactly what I mean. If I want a fat shrew in my life telling me what to do, I could contact my own mother (well, not really - she & daddykins threw me out for being gay at 16 and I have not seen them since = 12 years). %0D %0D I am just sick and tired of any criticism about a black person always getting the tired old racist accusation. So if someone criticizes me, I should immediately accuse them of homophobia? What a fucking copout, a nice way to refuse responsibility.

by Rodineyreply 26708/10/2011

P.S. I must be lovely at parties? Well, unlike some of you 16 year olds, an adult's life does not revolve around their reputation at parties.

by Rodineyreply 26808/10/2011

[quote]If I want a fat shrew in my life telling me what to do, I could contact my own mother (well, not really - she & daddykins threw me out for being gay at 16 and I have not seen them since = 12 years)

Okay, now you're just becoming a cliche.

by Rodineyreply 26908/10/2011

[quote]Well, unlike some of you 16 year olds, an adult's life does not revolve around their reputation at parties.

Who said anything about "reputation"? And are you emotionally stunted to the point of not understanding subtext? What I meant by that remark is that you are clearly emotionally damaged -- which you just confirmed by revealing you were disowned by your parents for being gay -- and haven't yet sought therapy to salve said damage, and would thus, in the context of something like a party environment, be an angry, bitter cunt no one wants to be around. Luckily you're only 28 and still have time to solve the problem, at least if you can recognize you have one (which I somehow doubt).

by Rodineyreply 27008/10/2011

Trolldar is not your friend, R267.%0D %0D Your insane ranting is all over this thread.

by Rodineyreply 27108/10/2011

Damn right it is, R271! I had no idea R267 was the cumdumpster-stalker upthread who claims to have fucked Rodiney.

by Rodineyreply 27208/10/2011

So anyway. Adding a woman (no matter who) to the cast instead of another guy was a bad idea. Bad enough that I hope someone was fired over it. %0D %0D There's nobody on the show with much spark of personality. There's TJ, but he's mainly just loud. I don't like Austin but he does have more spark than the others, like he gets what show he's on. And I think it's so tacky that they're trying to make his drinking into a plot line.

by Rodineyreply 27308/10/2011

Look what I just stumbled across on another thread: more of R267's handiwork, visible via troll-dar, and proof positive that he has -- as I previously and correctly noted -- clear psychological damage:

[quote]Paxil has made the difference in my life between attempted suicide and being told I would need to be committed to an inpatient ward indefinitely, and being able to live a normal life.

(it's on the "Products That REALLY Don't Work" thread btw)

by Rodineyreply 27408/10/2011

Poor r267. I guess Paxil is a product that really DOESN'T work (at least not that well).

by Rodineyreply 27508/10/2011

I met one of the guys in Provincetown this summer and he was really nice and down-to-earth. We were talking and I said, "The A-List is so scripted."

He laughed and said, " Well, you know I can't say anything."

by Rodineyreply 27608/10/2011

Wow, R274. R267 is a bitchy little queen for sure, but that was pretty low.

by Rodineyreply 27708/10/2011

I just realized that the entire cast of this show are bottoms except for Rodiney and perhaps Mike.

Wow.

by Rodineyreply 27808/10/2011

Let's see, I am being denounced in really vicious cruel ways (as mentally ill) because I do not personally want a fat black fag hag around me and have no use for fag hags in general. %0D %0D Because of that, I am being chased around the entire site. And this is supposedly the work of adults? I don't buy it. %0D %0D Children - do what thou wilt, but it does not effect me.

by Rodineyreply 27908/10/2011

Thanks to Derrick,I truly cannot watch this train wreck anymore. He is everything I loath about gay men. Shallow, narcissistic , arrogant, entitled , laden with self created drama, clueless. Has contributed nothing to this world yet believes He is a pAustin willaragon of style and accomplishment and everyone else is in this world to kiss his boney flat ass. He is loathsome.

Ryan is ridiculous. A waxed, plucked, dyed ,botoxed she pig who some how believes He is the Voice of wisdom and experience. Yet does not have an ounce of self perception to see how truly clown like he appears.

TJ is a mean queen posing as a likable character. She is not.

Austin will end up dead in a $35:00 a night motel room with a needle in his arm and a freaked out John making a fast exit.

by Rodineyreply 28008/10/2011

[quote]I do not personally want a fat black fag hag around me and have no use for fag hags in general.

What does her being black have anything to do with anything? What the hell???

by Rodineyreply 28108/10/2011

Austin will always find rich men to take care of him. Those types always (unfairly) find a soft place to land.

Why does he attack Rodiney for being a "glorified prostitute" when he's exactly the same?

His "husband" is paying for his lifestyle because bitch don't got a job.

by Rodineyreply 28208/10/2011

I don't know about always, R282. I think he's got a pretty limited window. He likes living well too much to take care of himself. When Reichen played that message of Austin's drunk call, I wondered how many times Marc Jacobs had to change his phone number.

by Rodineyreply 28308/10/2011

[quote]she & daddykins threw me out for being gay at 16 and I have not seen them since

Are you sure it wasn't for being an asshole pure and simple?

Arguing the merits of a black person's character, or calling them fat, or disgusting or whatever is not racist. But calling a black person "Uppity" is racist. That is where you slipped up and the reason you are being called out.

by Rodineyreply 28408/10/2011

That's funny [R105]

by Rodineyreply 28508/10/2011

Paxil-Addled Racist...you also wrote this on this thread:%0D %0D [quote]I've had Rodiney and he was very good, very passionate, very much the kind of whore every gay man wants to bring home to Mother. %0D %0D You don't have much wiggle room for trying to convince us that you live in any kind of reality.

by Rodineyreply 28708/10/2011

[quote]I used the word "black" and "uppidy" in reference to Nyasha or whatever her name is. That is, in reference to the character on the TV reality show called the A-List. If "uppidy" is a hot button term for you, then put "pushy" instead. The first episode we have her pretty much bossing the gays around, getting into the middle of their private fight, and then playing the beaten up abused victim when Austin at most slapped her wrist.%0D %0D How old are YOU that you seem blissfully unaware that 'uppity' is a word that is classically racist, as in, dating back to freed slaves who were getting 'uppity'.%0D %0D The point is that you can call a person pushy, bitchy, stupid, entitled, all you like, and it wouldn't have a thing to do with their race.%0D %0D YOU SAID UPPIDY BLACK WOMAN. You did not say pushy broad, or manipulative fag hag, or stupid wannabe diva, or whatever.%0D %0D Stop denying that you are a racist. GET HELP.

by Rodineyreply 28908/10/2011

R289 LOL%0D %0D You are an idiot. I mean that very sincerely. Your extreme hysteria over the word "uppidy" is more a sign of help than me using it and afterwards saying that I meant pushy. %0D %0D Now, why don't you do something more productive, like start a branch of the Miss N fan club in your home town. Maybe if you write to her routinely, she might agree to send you one of her old wigs for your Miss N museum.

by Rodineyreply 29008/10/2011

We speak English here, not ghetto. It's "uppity" not "uppidy".

by Rodineyreply 29108/10/2011

R290 needs an education:

by Rodineyreply 29208/10/2011

I agree R280, this will not end will for a couple of these "characters".

by Rodineyreply 29308/10/2011

J-O-S-H-U-AAAAAAAAA!%0D %0D by: Lillimae Clements reply 251 08/10/2011 @ 03:49PM %0D %0D %0D %0D OMG ! I Love you ! I totally got that !

by Rodineyreply 29508/10/2011

r161, you were a racist prior so cut the bullshit.

by Rodineyreply 29608/10/2011

I just hit trolldar and 288/290 is r161.

[quote]she is turning me into an instant racist overnight.

She didn't turn you into anything you weren't already and now you're being called out for more racist comments. You're a piece of maggot shit.

by Rodineyreply 29708/10/2011

Do maggots shit?

by Rodineyreply 29808/11/2011

Can we all just agree that Nyasha adds NOTHING to this show (as creatively barren as it already is) and that it just reeks of pandering??

by Rodineyreply 30008/11/2011

R300 YOU ARE A RACIST TOO!

by Rodineyreply 30108/11/2011

"YOU DON'T HIT NO WOMAN!!!! YOU DON'T HIT NO WOMAN!!!!"

by Rodineyreply 30208/11/2011

r300 is far from being a racist. He/she is judging Nyasha's personality, her race has nothing to do his/her assessment unlike your racist ass r301.

by Rodineyreply 30308/11/2011

raci$t le$bian troll alert!

by Rodineyreply 30508/11/2011

well it's about fucking time, r305.

by Rodineyreply 30608/11/2011

She's a stupid, narcissistic, entitled bitch just like the guys. She's a perfect fit.

by Rodineyreply 30708/11/2011

I love have the TV people told Ryan he is too gay. I believe this is not a fabricated storyline. I think the bigger issue is he looks like a chubby Charlie McCarthy.

by Rodineyreply 30808/11/2011

Ryan seems like he's never had to struggle or come to terms with himself. That's why the kewpie doll demeanor which perfectly matches with the look.%0D %0D The problem is, MANY guys are like this. He really isn't a caricature.

by Rodineyreply 30908/11/2011

I'm starting to hate everyone in this thread almost as much as I do the cast of "A"-List.

by Rodineyreply 31008/11/2011

It was even funnier when Ryan referred to Mike as being masculine and manly. I nearly spit out my pepto-bismol.

by Rodineyreply 31108/11/2011

r311, he said Mike was not all that effeminate which isn't exactly saying he was masculine and manly.

by Rodineyreply 31208/11/2011

r311 that's not what Ryan said. Mike said that there are many, many flaming queens who are zillionaires and successful in what they do. Ryan replied that Mike is not the most effeminate guy. He's not.

by Rodineyreply 31308/11/2011

I would bet money that Austin's the only true top in the group.

by Rodineyreply 31408/11/2011

Does Austin really have a nice ass or just a fat ass?

by Rodineyreply 31508/11/2011

I don't think anything is particularly bad with Austin's body. It's his personality he needs to work on.

by Rodineyreply 31608/11/2011

[quote]Let's see, I am being denounced in really vicious cruel ways (as mentally ill) because I do not personally want a fat black fag hag around me and have no use for fag hags in general.

No, you're being "denounced" because you're a racist idiot who doesn't *get* it, and because I happened to stumble across your OPEN COMMENT on another thread that you were almost committed to a psych ward. I did not "chase" you around DataLounge; I coincidentally clicked on that thread after troll-darring you on this one.

[quote]And this is supposedly the work of adults? I don't buy it.

I see the Paxil isn't helping with your persecution complex. Btw it is a *classic* troll defense mechanism to claim they're being "harassed" or "stalked" on DL by a supposed entity they can vilify, though I think this is the first time I've seen someone suspect they're being chased by children (which probably says something about you).

[quote]Do maggots shit?

They do, actually.

[quote]I would bet money that Austin's the only true top in the group.

Putting aside the stupidness of insisting that every gay man must be a top or bottom, I think it's pretty clear that Jake is the more "dominant" one in the Jake/Austin duo, if you insist on stereotyping.

by Rodineyreply 31708/11/2011

Yeah, I never bought the "Austin has an AWFUL body" storyline. It seemed like just that--a storyline. His body was laughable for a model, but just fine for anybody else. What I didn't buy was the idea that he was sooo smoking hot from the neck up that once his body was "back" he would be this Greek god. He's good-looking, but not really Reichen/Rodiney good-looking. Certainly better than the rest of them, but not drool-worthy. Frankly, I would think that Marc Jacobs could do better.

by Rodineyreply 31808/11/2011

Austin and Reichen hooked up, and clearly Reichen is a bottom, so by recess of elimination, Austin is a top.

by Rodineyreply 31908/11/2011

[quote]by recess of elimination

Oh ... never mind.

by Rodineyreply 32008/11/2011

I've got this, R320:

[quote]Austin and Reichen hooked up, and clearly Reichen is a bottom, so by recess of elimination, Austin is a top.

1) Austin CLAIMS they hooked up, but we have no way of knowing whether this is true.

2) Contrary to what some people seem to assume, there is no "clear" evidence that Reichen is 100% bottom. His Manhunt profile was posted here years ago, for instance, and it listed him as versatile. (Yes, I am well-aware that people can lie on Manhunt.)

3) As already stated, one can be versatile even while dating an exclusive top or bottom. I've dated both over the years, as it so happens, and in each I've been an exclusive top or exclusive bottom (again, solely within the context of the relationship).

Revisit your "process of elimination" theory, hon.

by Rodineyreply 32108/11/2011

Whose do you guys think is more dreamier: Reichen or Austin? I vote for Reichen. Austin definantly is a cutie, but Reichen is so so hand-some. He has more classicle features, he has the face of a roman god. I'd love to wake up every morning with that perfect face stairing at me.

by Rodineyreply 32208/11/2011

[quote]definantly ... classicle ... stairing

Oh, [bold][italic]dear[/italic][/bold]. R322, you'd be better served enrolling in remedial English classes instead of daydreaming about unattainable reality-show stars.

by Rodineyreply 32308/11/2011

r322 Rodiney..?

by Rodineyreply 32408/11/2011

Nah, Rodiney is straight now.

by Rodineyreply 32508/11/2011

What does it matter if my spelling is not to good. I wish you spellings natzis would go away and let us discuss what we're here to discuss, hot gay bois of the A List NY. Please don't try and tell me that Reichen isn't dreamy, because he is the definintion of dreamy. He has the movie star looks of the olden days, and please don't make the obvious Rock Hudson compairsons, you bitches is too good for that.

by Rodineyreply 32608/11/2011

Back to ATC, Mary Ann. NOW.

by Rodineyreply 32708/11/2011

[quote]natzis

Oh good GOD. You really don't know how to spell and capitalize the name of the second-most genocidal political regime of the past several centuries?

[quote]Please don't try and tell me that Reichen isn't dreamy, because he is the definintion of dreamy.

R326, this is not the '50s, and you are not Rizzo dreaming about Troy Donahue. Yes, Reichen is handsome. No, he's not "dreamy" unless you're into self-centered, superficial, fame-whore narcissists.

by Rodineyreply 32808/11/2011

What makes Austin pathetic is that he deliberately (for the show) puts himself in situations where his for normal standards very fine body is considered not suitable. That and his insecure bitchy attitude makes him horribly unappealing to me.

I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Austin tries to join a project aimed at the gay bear community and gets denied, because he doesn't fit ther general idea of appealing beauty (= chunky and hairy body) and then acts all "you don't like me because I'm pretty!"

Rodiney should get a Bachelor type of spin off where he choses his new "Reichen" (or "Reichelle"?).

Ryan is Gwyneth Paltrow Lite. He thinks he's all that, but quite frankly he's just not that smart, witty, rich, successful, secure, friendly, loyal or pretty as he thinks.

Nyasha's selling herself as a brand in this show and quite frankly apart from Mike Ruiz she seems to have actual talent that could result in higher public appearance fees for her. Do I consider her a good addition? No. But then on the other hand which type of pathetic "A" List stereotype is left for LOGO to exploit in this show?

by Rodineyreply 32908/11/2011

[quote]But then on the other hand which type of pathetic "A" List stereotype is left for LOGO to exploit in this show?

r329 here. Shit. I just remembered that this show has no gay Republican yet.

by Rodineyreply 33008/11/2011

[quote]I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Austin tries to join a project aimed at the gay bear community and gets denied, because he doesn't fit ther general idea of appealing beauty (= chunky and hairy body) and then acts all "you don't like me because I'm pretty!"

That sounds like Michaele Salahi, White House state dinner crasher and star of the now-canceled "Real Housewives of D.C.": she was rejected from "Celebrity Rehab" because she didn't actually have any habits! (fame-whoredom doesn't count, of course)

[quote]Ryan is Gwyneth Paltrow Lite. He thinks he's all that, but quite frankly he's just not that smart, witty, rich, successful, secure, friendly, loyal or pretty as he thinks.

I'm not a big Gwynnie fan by any means, but this statement is nevertheless grossly unfair to her. The only two adjectives above that I'd even *use* to describe Ryan, period, are "rich" and "secure," and both ONLY because he sold out his ass to a much older man.

by Rodineyreply 33108/11/2011

Austin is a drunk, period, anyway you cut it, he's a nasty drunk.

by Rodineyreply 33208/11/2011

"Rodiney should get a Bachelor type of spin off where he choses his new "Reichen" (or "Reichelle"?)."%0D %0D This is a spinoff I could actually envision, especially now that NY has gay marriage. Gay spouses don't get automatic green cards because of problems with federal law, but a genuine marriage helps. And Rodiney's looks, charm and accent make this workable. Considering that most of the contestants on the "straight" Bachelor are actually gay, there would be a huge contestant pool.%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 33308/11/2011

Yeah, but I thought I read here that Rodiney is now a hooker. Not exactly the type for marriage. Of course, like all reality TV, it could all be scripted. %0D %0D The Rodiney I met (and I described how such an improbable event occurred) was a combination of many factors: sweet, extremely narcistic, seemingly unconcerned about the future, and not the romantic I thought he would be. It was strictly a 1 night stand, and I came out pretty hurt. I got one of those special dispensations from my husband to do him, and in the end I felt cheap. At 27, that's a little old for that kind of feeling. %0D %0D And to the people on this thread who are very vicious and childish (because I used the word "uppity" in reference to a black obnoxious fame whore on A-List NY), yes I take Paxil as do countless millions in the USA and the world. It is an anti-depressant. Leaving home at 16 and becoming a escort for 6 years to survive alone in LA took its toll on my psyche, and I am just now working at regaining my self-esteem with a wonderful therapist at Century City. To stigmatize me for taking an antidepressant using this as a vicious taunt is really beyond the pale, even for a special DL bitch - who I suspect just trolls the threads looking for something to be outraged about). %0D %0D Bear in mind that someone came to DL feeling they were losing their mind. I openned up totally about myself to HELP that person. I should have guessed that an asshole would use my story (to help this guy get some medical help) as ammunition against me. Jesus, what a pathetic group of people, or as one person put it, THE DL BLACK PANTHERS.

by Rodineyreply 33408/11/2011

Please, would they have enough money to put all the captions on the screen for Rodiney if he was the star of his own show. You'd be reading it all - and laughing the whole time.

by Rodineyreply 33508/11/2011

"PAXIL adled haze"....God, what a vicious person you are. Sincerely, vicious to the core.%0D %0D Paxil does not adle the mind. YOu know nothing about this and are actually insulting the millions of people who use these medications successfully. %0D %0D YOu are either a teenager (they have boundary deficits) or a very miserable adult. This much fuss over 1 word used in haste is just insane.%0D %0D Funny bitchery is great, but this borders on mental illness on your part. Isn't there some fat black woman you should be rimming about now?

by Rodineyreply 33708/11/2011

I don't think Austin's ass is all that? I keep thinking I must be missing something because it's not that nice, it's fine but the way everyone talks about it you would expect Matt Damon's ass or something. And he does look like a Muppet.

by Rodineyreply 33808/11/2011

R334, just own your racism already.

by Rodineyreply 33908/11/2011

I still say that out of the entire cast of A-List NY, Austin is the only one who might be a lot of fun in bed. I actually shuddered thinking of having sex with Derek, Ryan, TJ and even Reichen (big oaf). I forgot Mike Ruiz. Oh, I bet he can be a hot romantic passionate lover and I'd take him before Austin. Yet Austin is just crazy enough to be a real spitfire in bed - no passive lump of clay.

by Rodineyreply 34008/11/2011

I'd do Reichen. If he gets bored I can just give him a mirror to keep him amused. Rodiney actually seems like he'd be sweet and fun, plus he's beautiful and has a big dick. Mike is okay, but I'd rather do his boyfriend.

by Rodineyreply 34108/11/2011

R341, LOL - I picture Reichen snuggling up to the mirror and sputtering and squeaking at it like a parakeet.

by Rodineyreply 34208/11/2011

R337, please, please, please leave. From your very first post here, long before you revealed you were on Paxil or whatever the fuck, people were calling you out as an asshole.%0D %0D Now you've revealed you're a racist, too.%0D %0D You are just digging yourself deeper and deeper.%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 34308/11/2011

I can definitely agree with you that Austin and Mike would be the hottest in bed, r340. Lets face it--the hottest-looking guys are not usually the hottest in bed. If you have a hot experience with them its usually becasuse you're so turned on by their looks, not because they're making the mattress levitate.

And r334--no. one. believes. you. Let it go and move on. If you talk to your therapist about your race issues and sexual fantasies about random television characters, I'm sure they will be more than happy to work through this with you if they are competent, and not just up your prescription. You don't have to live with this kind of frustration.

by Rodineyreply 34408/11/2011

R344, you hut my feelings!!

by Rodineyreply 34608/11/2011

Once again, R345, you continue to prove OVER AND OVER AGAIN that my call about your mental illness was dead fucking on. To elaborate:

[quote]It was strictly a 1 night stand, and I came out pretty hurt. I got one of those special dispensations from my husband to do him, and in the end I felt cheap.

a) Why the FUCK would you come out "pretty hurt" from a garden-variety one-night stand; b) why the FUCK would any actual "husband" let his partner knowingly have sex with a presumed male escort, unless your "hubby" is just as fucked up as you are; and c) why the FUCKITY FUCK would your "husband" not be bothered by the fact that you apparently fell in love with an escort? None of this even makes any logical sense, actually, and I'm starting to wonder if you're just a simple fabulist making shit up. I mentioned earlier that your post about being kicked out at 16 by your gay-hater parents sounded false on its own, but your embellishment of the tale by adding details about a supposed four-year stint as a Hollywood escort only make it sound *more* contrived, not less. (That said, I don't think you're lying about the Paxil; it's clear you need medication, and lots of it.)

[quote]I have as much right to express opinions about the lame show we call A-List NY as you 16 year olds do.

Actually, you don't. The DL Webmaster has a very low tolerance for both racists and OCD posters, and you're guilty on both counts, even if you somehow can't fathom the fact that tossing around incredibly loaded terms like "uppidy [sic] black woman" and "Black Panthers" is incredibly racist (or that posting 50-plus times on a single thread is OCD behavior). Playing the victim when you're a troll is not looked highly upon, either.

by Rodineyreply 34708/11/2011

R347, I know you are relishing your queeny attack, but isn't this thread dedicated to the A-List: New York? I just you seem to need reminding of that fact. %0D %0D Otherwise, everything you write is total rubbish, as useful as the ash from a cigarette.

by Rodineyreply 34808/12/2011

[quote]although I said 2 shocking and mean things about some trashy black girl

And another 50 posts about how there was nothing wrong with either comment.

[quote]As my boyfriend and I drove to dinner, I mentioned this little shit storm by you on this thread because of what I had said.

Hon, I've posted barely a half-dozen times on this thread. You're getting well-deserved shit from plenty of posters besides me. How did your boyfriend get downgraded from "husband," incidentally? We've already established that he must not be all there if he lets you have sex, with no mind, with a D-list reality-show star you ruthlessly stalked on Facebook and Twitter and supposedly met by "coincidental random phone call to fans."

by Rodineyreply 35008/12/2011

P.S. If anyone knows how I can contact the actual Webmaster, I really want to do so, since being stalked by this nutter is really tedious, and I would like to bring it to his or her attention and just talk about what the purpose is for letting such vicious people post on a gay forum. Bitchy can be fun, but I have heard it used here to suggest that a suicidal person just kill themself and get it over with. Nice. Y'know, a lot of these people remind me of drag queens - they seem to thrive on being vicious and nasty. Anyway, How can I have a chat on the phone or online with the webmaster?

by Rodineyreply 35108/12/2011

webmaster@datalounge.com - be sure to include links to EVERY thread you've recently posted on

by Rodineyreply 35208/12/2011

Let's ignore the Paxil popping racist and move on. They know exactly what they're doing and just want to get a rise out of everyone. This thread is too fun to let one shithead ruin it for everyone else. %0D %0D The only reason TJ is going with Reichen must be because everyone else refused. My other favorite scene from last week was Ryan consoling Derek after Austin's betrayal. Ryan's hair color seemed to change about three or four times, he was wearing six pounds of make-up and Derek was hamming it up like the star graduate of the Susan Lucci Academy of Dramatic Arts.

by Rodineyreply 35308/12/2011

This show is such an OTT hot tranny mess, that I love every minute of it. It's more fun to watch than the Housewives franchise, because these queens are NOT in on the joke.

by Rodineyreply 35408/12/2011

I noticed two things while watching the show: 1) none of these guys actually seem to like each other. Call me naive, but I thought that was a prerequisite for a friendship? 2) Lance Bass still is *the* high-profile out gay US pop singer. How shocking is that?

by Rodineyreply 35508/12/2011

Do you think the fluffer got paid extra to wipe his mouth as he came out from behind the screen. His eyes seemed to be saying, 'I better get that extra fifty bucks for doing this on camera.'

by Rodineyreply 35608/12/2011

I doubt he actually blew Austin. It was just the director, or whoever coordinates this steaming pile, instructing him to do that to give the impression that he serviced Austin.

by Rodineyreply 35708/12/2011

FYI, this week's episode is finally online! HATE that Logo doesn't put this shit up until four days after airing, and also HATE that my cable company doesn't provide Logo on my digital TV tier.

by Rodineyreply 35808/12/2011

The first season of "The A-List" is now on DVD, in case some of you want to catch up.

by Rodineyreply 35908/12/2011

I think the only reason TJ is going to Hawaii is because the producers wish to have TJ do SOMETHING, now that he's not surfing porn at 'work' any longer.

by Rodineyreply 36008/13/2011

I missed most of last season, but how did Austen and Derek become best friends???

And can someone explain why Derek imagines that he is the greatest catch in gaydom??

by Rodineyreply 36108/13/2011

I want to get Austin drunk so he can pound my mancooter into jello.

by Rodineyreply 36208/13/2011

R361, it's a script change designed to generate interest.

by Rodineyreply 36308/13/2011

Austin is put my life in dangers.

by Rodineyreply 36408/13/2011

Did anyone else notice that they've screwed up the continuity on Derek's hair style? Sometimes it is very short on the sides (almost clean shaven) with a triple wide mohawk down the middle while at other times it is normal length with the sides transitioning smoothly with the top. It keeps switching back and forth. You would think the producers would tell the guys not to change their hair style during filming so as not to make the show so obviously fake.

by Rodineyreply 36508/13/2011

It seems pretty obvious now that every scene on the show is scripted. The guy who played the elderly boyfriend for Derek (Duncan?) said he never met Derek before that scene, and was given a Cartier watch to give Derek, which was then returned to its little box and returned to its rightful owner. %0D %0D Now, if everything is fake, that means that essentially we do not know who any of these characters really are. That is what they are, characters. In reality, the A-List is a gay soap opera positioned as a reality show since that is still (ugh) the popular trend which will be beaten to death before it is given up. %0D %0D So is Austin really anything like the character he portrays? I read his husband has been on TV in England, so I suspect they do not really know each other either. %0D %0D When Rodiney supposedly called a meeting at his apartment, I laughed. They showed us a stone wall, with a couch and chairs, and I wondered if they were temporarily using a doctor or dentist's waiting room for the scene. %0D %0D Since Reichen cannot act, I am sure we are seeing the real Reichen. But now with that consciousness of knowing it is scripted, you can so easily see the busy little minds of the writers involved, drumming up conflict and drama. This explains why in Season 1 everyone went from hating Austin (and tolerating Rodiney) to suddenly adoring Austin and loathing Rodiney. There was no transition. That was a very bumpy U-turn.

by Rodineyreply 36608/13/2011

[quote]So is Austin really anything like the character he portrays? I read his husband has been on TV in England, so I suspect they do not really know each other either.

I haven't read anything about Jake being on TV, but even if most of the stuff on the show is bullshit, I do believe both Austin and Reichen had preexisting relationships with Jake and Rodiney before the show started.

[quote]When Rodiney supposedly called a meeting at his apartment, I laughed. They showed us a stone wall, with a couch and chairs, and I wondered if they were temporarily using a doctor or dentist's waiting room for the scene.

Are you sure he said "apartment"? I thought they met up at a bar or something, though I agree that wherever it was did not at all look like an apartment.

by Rodineyreply 36708/13/2011

R364: LOL%0D %0D New York, a metropolitan area with 18.9 million people, and Rodiney and Austin cannot avoid each other? Is the gay community really that small? The character Austin really belongs in a gay piano bar slurping up the martini's. Rodiney seems more like rough trade, and would realistically be in a Latino gay bar or (I wish) in a leather bar wearing chaps and a chest harness. The odds of them realistically ever meeting in NYC seems very small.

by Rodineyreply 36808/13/2011

Maybe the producers are all in on the mystery of how much this show is real and how much is fake...and they are deliberately fucking with us.

by Rodineyreply 36908/13/2011

R368, I don't think anyone here will disagree with you. The "restraining order" idea was both stupid and badly executed, and obviously the producers'/writers' idea.

by Rodineyreply 37008/13/2011

[quote]I don't think anyone here will disagree with you. The "restraining order" idea was both stupid and badly executed, and obviously the producers'/writers' idea.

No it was didn't! Austin he a put my life in dangers!

by Rodineyreply 37108/13/2011

TJ is a nut, I would be attracted to him IRL. It seems like he would have the best personality off camera, out of the other queens/actors.

by Rodineyreply 37208/13/2011

I have it! a GREAT plot device! Oh, wait... I just had a sudden wave of self-doubt, so maybe not. Anyway, here's the idea.%0D %0D Give Rodiney a body guard to keep him safe from Austin's little bitch slaps. The guard should be a gorgeous woman that seduces Rodiney so that he's back on the straight side of the tracks. Hmmmm....maybe we could work in a little Princess Diana symbology. Maybe we could have Rodiney driving too fast through the Lincoln Tunnel and having a terrible accident. Was the accident Austin's revenge? Who was the man in black on the motorcycle? %0D %0D Rodiney recovers but has minor brain damage and can no longer speak English fluently.

by Rodineyreply 37308/13/2011

I've always been quite a size queen, and really stretched my colon with the huge dongs I demanded for satisfaction. I didn't once think about my prostate being "up there" too. But I was on a roll - lots of sex, and I evidently irritated the prostate. I had to go cold turkey for a month and take CIPRO, which did nothing. But the pain went away and the urologist said it was back to normal. Then I got a boyfriend who was (shall we say) normal sized, and haven't had the problem again. %0D %0D Afterall, as much as we like to fuck, the colon was not made for this and there can be repercussions. Since you know my age (?), I'll let you know I was an escort/hustler since I was 16 and that entailed being a bottom constantly. The doctor did say that the walls of my colon were harder than normal from all the friction. %0D %0D How's that for more than you needed to know?%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 37408/13/2011

Another plot device: Since Ryan said it could take a year to work out the details for a surrogate to have a baby, how about Nyasta doing it for them? Then when the baby is born, her maternal instincts kick in and she refuses to hand over the baby to Ryan, resulting in a huge ongoing bitch fight over the baby. Tj would be torn psychologically to pieces because he adores both Nyasta and Ryan - oh, the angst!

by Rodineyreply 37508/13/2011

Of course, Reichen will have a new boyfriend about as fast as it takes for him to smile and plant a big kiss on some vapid hunk's lips. They will look very good together and the other A-Listers will gossip about them incessantly. Derek will call a meeting and tell everyone that there is no man on planet earth that could ever attain his standards, so he is going to become a cat woman, and work his way up to 40 cats in his apartment. Austin, Jack and Duncan will become a romantic triad living together, although they all refuse to vacuum. Austin will succumb to his dear friends' nagging and will stop drinking. Instead, he will switch to meth and heroin, paid for by LOGO TV.

by Rodineyreply 37608/13/2011

R372, TJ actually is rather handsome - pretty eyes and a nice close cut beard. But he is so queeny that no attraction remains once he starts role playing cinderella.

by Rodineyreply 37808/15/2011

Please learn the difference between the rectum and the colon, r374. And find a new doctor--nothing makes the walls of the colon "harder." %0D %0D Except maybe Paxil enemas.

by Rodineyreply 37908/15/2011

I'll give this to TJ...he's one of least plastic-looking guys on the show. I want to slap him silly every time he opens his mouth.

by Rodineyreply 38008/15/2011

I'd like a group meeting where everyone ends up slapping Rodiney. So he gets a restraining order against all the other "actors" in the show and even the camera men. This means Rodiney effectively ostracizes himself from the show, and we only see him occasionally from 500 feet away, waving at the camera. I like Rodiney but he's becoming silly.

by Rodineyreply 38108/15/2011

We're gonna see Rodiney fuck a woman tonight.

by Rodineyreply 38208/15/2011

They (the producers of the show) really want to make the fans of the show to hate Rodiney, don't they?

by Rodineyreply 38308/15/2011

TJ is a nice guy. A total mess (but he's in recovery). He's approachable too and will talk to you unlike Reichen "I'm giving an interview to the NY Times. Can you leave me alone?" Lehmkuhl.

by Rodineyreply 38408/15/2011

R373 "...no longer speak English fluently." Like he speaks it fluently now?

by Rodineyreply 38508/15/2011

R385, yeah, that was my attempt at a subtle joke. You got it!

by Rodineyreply 38608/15/2011

R383 Rodiney was always upfront about being bi-sexual. Early in season 1 he was having a drink with his ex-girlfriend and talking about Reichen. I get that to Rodiney being bi-sexual is no big deal and he wouldn't understand a gay person being annoyed when he seems to switch teams. I just envy the woman he selects. Of course, she can't be as pretty as Rodiney because he likes being the prettiest of them all (mirror, mirror, on the wall....). %0D %0D I hope Rodiney gets married and starts producing handsome little Rodineys - the world needs a lot more handsome Brazilians. They rule.

by Rodineyreply 38708/15/2011

Rodiney's date was awkward, to say the least.

I'm already looking forward to next week's episode, in which it appears that Nyasha reduces Austin to tears.

by Rodineyreply 38808/16/2011

I saw that in the preview, R388 and started laughing so hard. I'm telling you, she's on the show because she's the only one man enough to take on Austin. The others are afraid they'll muss their hair, while she can just put on another one.

by Rodineyreply 38908/16/2011

this was in another A-List thread and I don't think it's been posted here. Rodiney is following in Reichen's footsteps and doing a play. I wonder if he has lines in English. And what a cast!

by Rodineyreply 39008/16/2011

[quote]I'm telling you, she's on the show because she's the only one man enough to take on Austin. The others are afraid they'll muss their hair, while she can just put on another one.

I'm hoping that she did pop his chops, but it'd be funny if she made him cry just by reading him for filth.

"She's not a nice person -- WAAH!" LOL

by Rodineyreply 39108/16/2011

The date with Rodiney was ludicrous. How could she not know he was at least bi? I mean, she's in a restaurant with cameras rolling. I assumed she knew she was in a scene being filmed for a reality series about gay men living in NYC. More proof that the whole show is totally scripted. And Derek calling that British guy that Austin invited to his party his "mortal enemy" was so ridiculously OTT.

by Rodineyreply 39208/16/2011

More like OPP.

by Rodineyreply 39308/16/2011

Why doesn't Logo just come out and say this show is the gay version of The Hills? It's silly and unethical for them to pretend that this is a reality show.

by Rodineyreply 39408/16/2011

Wasn't the "actor" he ran into at the party in Hawaii the guy that was the "bachelor" on the gay dating show from a few years ago?

by Rodineyreply 39508/16/2011

"He" ran into = Reichen

by Rodineyreply 39608/16/2011

Rodiney is a little baby. I could see how he would become tiresome.

by Rodineyreply 39708/16/2011

I thought he looked familiar, R395. And did anyone burst out laughing when Reichen tried to give him his best 'come hither' look? He keeps trying to be seductive this season and he just looks constipated. %0D %0D I imagine that he was wasted enough and so embarrassed about the guy's rejection that he let TJ blow him that night. And he was probably an asshole about it too.

by Rodineyreply 39808/16/2011

Laughing at all the gays turning on Rodiney because he may have fucked a woman. "Doesn't he look fat? I think he looks fat."

by Rodineyreply 39908/16/2011

grin

by Rodineyreply 40108/16/2011

[quote]Wasn't the "actor" he ran into at the party in Hawaii the guy that was the "bachelor" on the gay dating show from a few years ago?

You meet Boy Meets Boy? No, it's not him but he DOES look familiar I've been trying to place him myself. He's definitely been on one of the reality shows before.

by Rodineyreply 40208/16/2011

He was on The Real World Washington DC.%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 40308/16/2011

R390, I bet with written lines in proper English, Rodiney will do just fine. He only seems to have a problem with English when trying to express himself ad hoc.

by Rodineyreply 40408/16/2011

Which character, if removed, would damage the show the most?%0D %0D I vote for Austin. I tend to watch the show to see what Austin is up to. Reichen is always metaphorically kissing himself in a mirror, Derek is always bitching about how he is much to good for the entire world, Ryan is everyone's Auntie Mame (boring), and TJ is always on the verge of tears. Rodiney is peripheral now like Mike. To me the only person who gives the show energy is Austin regardless of whether you like or hate him.

by Rodineyreply 40508/16/2011

I was hoping to see Reichen pound Mike Manning's bootyhole.

by Rodineyreply 40608/16/2011

You'll have a long wait for that!

by Rodineyreply 40708/16/2011

I'm glad that Mike Manning escaped Reichen's advances, that would have been really gross if they hooked up. He shouldn't have shown his face on this show.

by Rodineyreply 40808/17/2011

Derek's hair is a tragedy.

by Rodineyreply 40908/17/2011

Reichen made the most unattractive face when he was posing on the step and repeat with TJ and the other guy. His smile looked so painful and forced.

by Rodineyreply 41008/17/2011

I knawed my way out of the womb, Nan. Run along, back to the EW site where you no doubt found us, cunt.

by Rodineyreply 41308/17/2011

I wonder what the writers have planned for Reichen. He's prowling for dick in Hawaii, but when he finds a hot manly guy, he "panicks" kissing him? We are to believe he hasn't been kissing other men all along while he was coupled with Rodiney? Does Reichen have some psychological problem where he has to be coupled, and then he feels comfortable going after other men? And who was the actor hired to play the good looking guy who kissed Reichen on the beach and was then dumped? Since this entire show is scripted, I assume anyone who is on-camera as part of the action is an actor. %0D %0D Please don't tell me Reichen will start pining again for Rodiney. "I need my good luck charm so I can go out cruising for other men again."%0D %0D Evidently Reichen had no problem showing his dick to the entire planet on Cam4. Now we are to perceive he has sensitivity issues about his "first kiss" after Rodiney? Puleeeze.

by Rodineyreply 41408/19/2011

Although she was probably an actress, I was wondering how the script wanted us to feel about Rodiney asking the woman out for a date. I think the date shows that a bi-man is going to have some real trouble dating a woman because gay sex is gross to straight women and the fear of HIV. If I was a woman, I would never date a guy, no matter how gorgeous, who admits he likes to fuck guys in the ass and suck cock. After being cordial on that first date, I'd block him on my phone/twitter and never see him again. %0D %0D On the first date, before even getting to know each other, Rodiney springs this on her? Pretty shocking. To straight girls, this is only slightly less abhorent than having a guy like Rodiney admit that he likes to fuck sheep. Poor Rodiney.

by Rodineyreply 41508/19/2011

I could not help but forgive Austin. He has this bad boy personality that excites me. I would just have him on the bookshelf of friends that I cannot really trust, but are fun to be with. Austin is part of a good time (something a previous bf called ME about 7 years ago). Derek is a drama queen "I will never speak to him every again, cross my heart and hope to die." Puleeeeze.

by Rodineyreply 41608/19/2011

Derek kept saying that Duncan had ill intentions towards him? What the hell does that mean? He wanted to use him in a gay snuff movie? Just because Duncan was rather crude on a dinner date, he is now an (gasp) ENEMY?%0D %0D What a world Derek lives in (per the script writers). Is the tanning lotion for real? I have a great imagination but I have a hard time seeing it for sale at CVS in Pittburgh.

by Rodineyreply 41708/19/2011

1. TJ looks better with a beard.%0D %0D 2. I love Ryan the shit stirrer.%0D %0D 3. I can't understand a word Rodiney says.

by Rodineyreply 41808/22/2011

You could totally see Austin's spanx sucking in his bubbly belly when he hugged the Playgirl boss guy.

by Rodineyreply 41908/22/2011

That fashion show was tragic: Ryan's attempting a model face while wearing yet another ringmaster ensemble (how fitting), Nyasha's clomping down the runway, Austin's gut about to burst out of a too tight shirt and most of all the hideous clothes! %0D But the backstage drama was great. Yes it was all manufactured and on par with a grade school cafeteria, but finally the cast delivered.

by Rodineyreply 42008/23/2011

Edwing's "couture" is sure to set the runways of New York, Paris and Milan on FI-YAH!

by Rodineyreply 42108/23/2011

For the past two weeks, most of the scenes were shot at the Limelight or the Boxer bar two doors up the block.

by Rodineyreply 42208/23/2011

So what did Nyasha do that made Austin cry?

by Rodineyreply 42308/23/2011

Although they are all pretty much monsters in their own way, when do you think they will all clue in that Mama Ryan is the one lining them all up in a circle to face one another, handing them guns, and then just randomly handing bullets out, just to see what happens?

by Rodineyreply 42408/23/2011

I just know they're setting it up so that they all figure out Ryan's game and turn on him. I can't wait till that triumphant day. Ryan is a disgusting pig bitch.

by Rodineyreply 42508/23/2011

There wasn't a single tear during Austin's fake, scripted crying scene. Even Ryan started laughing and they had to cut away.

by Rodineyreply 42608/23/2011

Barely anything, R423. I think he was hungover, a little shaky and she just got to him.

by Rodineyreply 42708/23/2011

Do we think Mike Ruiz was kidding about Rodiney's toupee? The spray painted hair gives me pause.

by Rodineyreply 42808/23/2011

What is Martin's big reveal next week?

by Rodineyreply 42908/23/2011

R428 I can assure you from personal experience that Rodiney does not wear a toupee. What next? (rolling my eyes)

by Rodineyreply 43008/23/2011

Ryan on a runway? I watched this with my husband and his sardonic murmer was "Liberace did not die in vain."

by Rodineyreply 43108/23/2011

Ryan has always reminded me of Miss Pettipas from GONE WITH THE WIND. I can hear him saying "Non A-Listers at MY party? How did they eva git here?"

by Rodineyreply 43208/23/2011

I think Austins crying was totally real. He looked like a little bitch that breakdown. They actually showed Ryan smirking. If it was fake and Ryan wasn't supposed to smirk at him - they would have totally edited it differently.

by Rodineyreply 43308/23/2011

If they don't turn on Ryan during the aired episodes, they will during the reunion. Each episode features his little filmed commentary about something. And he always has SOMETHING to say.I I guess the only thing he can also say is that he says it to your face too !

by Rodineyreply 43408/23/2011

Rodiney does wonders with his tongue.

by Rodineyreply 43508/24/2011

She really doesn't add anything, but I'm not really sure who they're pandering to r300. This season is even more scripted than last season. Derrick hates Austin because he invited a guy that he (Derreck) was dating and gushing over then decided that he hated the day before. So using that logic why doesn't Derrick hate Ryan for inviting Austin to the fashion show?

by Rodineyreply 43608/24/2011

[quote]knawed

You've got to be kidding me.

Whenever you need to round up the most illiterate morons on DL, just come to this thread. It's truly amazing how dumb most of you people are here. I wonder how 95% of you are able to function outside of your parent's home? Are you able to hold down jobs or are you functionally retarded and wards of the state?

by Rodineyreply 43708/24/2011

no comments about Rodiney's photo shoot with his long tongue????

by Rodineyreply 43808/24/2011

Now that I know that Rodiney is bi, I get the feeling that he leans towards girls more than guys, so he isn't hot to me any longer.

by Rodineyreply 43908/24/2011

Wow, R437. Who died and made you Mr. McNally?

by Rodineyreply 44008/24/2011

[quote]Miss Pettipas from GONE WITH THE WIND%0D %0D Oh, deah!

by Rodineyreply 44108/24/2011

so how much was austin offered for the playgirl spread?

by Rodineyreply 44208/25/2011

Austin talks tough but he's a weak little bitch. Nyasha may add "nothing" to the show, but I had to laugh when she made Austin cry like a baby.

by Rodineyreply 44308/25/2011

If there were no real tears, then it was all just part of the script. Or perhaps the production team put a few drops of VISINE in Austin's eyes for his break out performance as the cryer. As I recall, he cried at Reichen's house when in a slump from too much booze and drugs, but I don't recall any actual tears either. I have to keep reminding myself that this entire show, every single second, is scripted.

by Rodineyreply 44408/26/2011

[quote]Derek's hair is a tragedy

Everything about her is a tragedy.

by Rodineyreply 44508/26/2011

R444 is that same tiresome hag who claims to have slept with Rodiney. Troll-dar is not her friend.

by Rodineyreply 44608/26/2011

Since I don't get LOGO, I have to wait until Friday to actually see the latest episode. I think the best part of THIS episode was the Frontline Pet Protection commercials. Certainly, the Frontline commercial was less predictable than the A-List. Why would Austin cry? He hadn't been drinking, had he? I just can't believe adults act like this (DL posters excluded). Let's summarize, shall we?%0D %0D 1. Everyone hates Austin except Reichen who'd still like to find a way to get him in bed.%0D 2. Reichen is very vain. Unfortunately, he has the right to be vain since he remains gorgeous. %0D 3. Reichen seems to either have a dependency on having a relationship "at home" before he feels comfortable having sex with other men (paging a therapist). %0D 4. Derek is a little junior highschool girl. He's a dime-a-dozen queer guy - nothing really unique or likeable. %0D 5. Ryan seems to be playing everyone else like puppets for his own enjoyment. (paging a therapist for Ryan's hidden hostility and hypocrisy).%0D 6. Nyasta won't listen to anyone's personal input on HER. Well, that's a relatively normal human trait, so she's not on my list for needing a therapist. %0D 7. Austin has a strong need to sabatoge relationships. He has a husband who does not want him to do playboy, but he pursues it. In other words, having his fat ass in an on-line magazine is more important than the number one man in his life. From the previews for next episode, it gets worse. Evidently, the writers are inching us toward Austin and Jake breaking up, since Jake can't stay in the US much longer anyway. (Paging a therapist)%0D %0D Winner of the week for most devious and evil? Ryan - the queen loves to see the lower classes fight amongst themselves.

by Rodineyreply 44708/26/2011

R442, Austin was probably offered $19.95, like all the cheap products on late night TV.

by Rodineyreply 44808/26/2011

Ryan is a bigger bitch than Nyasha. By season end Derek will be BFF with Austin again for sure. Reichen's 'story' is lame. Calling others co-dependent....hmmmm. Why are Rodiney and Mike even on this show ??

by Rodineyreply 44908/26/2011

I sooooooo want Reichen and Austin to get together!!

by Rodineyreply 45008/26/2011

[quote]Do we think Mike Ruiz was kidding about Rodiney's toupee? The spray painted hair gives me pause.%0D %0D I was also wondering if Rodiney wears a hairpiece...%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 45108/26/2011

playgirl is slimy. you could tell form the beginning that the Daniel N was a dirtball. unprofessional test shoot. creepy innuendo. professionals dont go there with those type of remarks. its just "another day at the office." please that magazine has been broke for a long time - dont know why he thought they would offer him serious $. esp when your show gets 150K viewers a week. your no Levi Johnson (who was a household name).

by Rodineyreply 45208/26/2011

Well I think Jake is the hottest guy in the cast. And I don't want him and Austin to split up, because that would mean that we don't get to see him anymore.

by Rodineyreply 45308/27/2011

I'm still watching, but every moment makes me cringe, even if it is all pre-scripted.

by Rodineyreply 45408/29/2011

Austin has a strange obsession with Reichen. He acts like he wants him bad, even though he won't admit it.%0D %0D Also, did they or didn't they hook up?? Reichen denied it and Austin implies that they did.

by Rodineyreply 45508/30/2011

From Reichen's reputation, I find it hard to believe that he and Austin just kissed heavily in Palm Springs but never went further then that. Who would do that? Have you ever passionately been deep tonguing some guy and really enjoying it and his naked body in a swimming pool, and then you just stop and go your separate ways? Huh? Doesn't sound like the Reichen I hear gossiped about in WEHO. He's known in LA as the Whore of Babylon.

by Rodineyreply 45608/30/2011

The only real moment in the show was the grief expressed by Martin, Mike's boyfriend, over not seeing his children.

And it was nice to hear a new voice on the show that didn't have a purse falling out of it.

by Rodineyreply 45708/30/2011

Mike's Dad is on the show almost as often as Mike himself is. I think Mike and his partner are taking care of Dad in his old age, and Mike figures he could make some more money by parading Dad on the show, at least once a week.

by Rodineyreply 45808/30/2011

Anyone else recognize that mannish-looking chick that stormed out of Nyasha's audition? It was that same batshit crazy self-absorbed millionairess cunt who appeared on Millionaire Matchmaker twice last season.

by Rodineyreply 45908/30/2011

I was watching a rerun last night, and right after the scene where Austin throws his British "husband" out of their "bedroom", LOGO immediately ran a commercial for Fleet enemas!%0D hahahahaha!!%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 46008/30/2011

Martin is my favorite as far as who I find the most attractive on this show.%0D %0D Although I REALLY enjoyed Rodiney tweaking his cold nipples in the desert photo shoot with Mike Ruiz in last week's episode. He's dumb and phoney but so dang cute.

by Rodineyreply 46108/30/2011

I recognized her, too, r459.

Audition for a movie, indeed!

Too funny!!

by Rodineyreply 46208/30/2011

Reichen is obviously THE MOST attractive on the show. That's a no brainer. Perfectly symmetrical face, gorgeous eyes, a body made for sex, nice package, and masculine as the day is long. And he's sweet as hell. I cream my manties just thinking about him.

by Rodineyreply 46308/30/2011

[quote]playgirl is slimy%0D %0D Agreed. In the 90s I worked for the corp that owned it, and "slimy" is being nice. %0D %0D [quote]professionals dont go there with those type of remarks.%0D %0D Wrong. Particularly in a "slimy" environment. We're talking the kind of place with stripper/hookers at the Xmas party every year. They were owned by a publisher of rank porn, and I'm telling you that the went there, and went there relentlessly.

by Rodineyreply 46408/30/2011

did anyone else notice that the bed used for Austin and Jake's "fake drama fight" looks like the exact same bed/setting they used last year filming Reichen and Rodiney fighting!!

by Rodineyreply 46508/30/2011

My wig party was the event of the season, gay bitches! Did you see all that press? There musta been... dozens of people there!

by Rodineyreply 46608/30/2011

[quote]t" looks like the exact same bed/setting they used last year filming Reichen and Rodiney fighting!!

That's because it is.

by Rodineyreply 46708/30/2011

I was pleasantly surprised to see that cute little Jake has a nice hairy chest! Find him sexier than Reichen - I mean, Reichen is stunning, but doesn't have a sexy bone in his body.

by Rodineyreply 46808/30/2011

Last season was at least watchable, and attempted to maintain an aura of realness. They're not even trying this season.

by Rodineyreply 46908/30/2011

"masculine as the day is long"

Seriously??

by Rodineyreply 47008/30/2011

Is there anyone who likes Nyasha? She's a bitch with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. If they wanted to add a woman to the show they should have at least gotten someone with a sense of humor.

by Rodineyreply 47108/30/2011

Also, someone needs to explain to Nyasha that without a board of directors or publically traded shares, being "CEO" of her company is about as meaningful a title as me declaring myself Emperor of my studio apartment.

by Rodineyreply 47208/30/2011

R472, I prefer the term "Grand Poohbah".

by Rodineyreply 47308/30/2011

Has anyone in NYC actually checked to see if there is a wig company with Nyasta as the CEO? Since I am seeing B actors from other shows appearing in the background, I have to assume everyone is an actor. So is Nyasta just an actor portraying a woman who owns a wig company? Just curious.

by Rodineyreply 47408/30/2011

Here's the website for Nyasha's company. Unfortunately it makes you create a user account to be able to do ANYTHING, include read the "About Us" section. What a joke.

by Rodineyreply 47508/30/2011

Okay, I tried to create an account, but I have to be "approved" by the site administrator. Seriously, who the fuck would jump through this many hoops to be able to buy tacky fake hair??

by Rodineyreply 47608/30/2011

I thought Ryan looked great with that blonde piece on Nyasha's he was wearing at her party. How much would something like that costs?

by Rodineyreply 47708/30/2011

Rumour has it that Nyasha is going to be revealed to be a man.

by Rodineyreply 47808/30/2011

Nyasha, she so mean with me!

by Rodineyreply 47908/30/2011

This show is really complicated. I can't figure out who I hate most.

by Rodineyreply 48008/30/2011

WHY OH WHY is Nyasha even on the show?

I mean, there's bad writing, and then there's porn.

The audience is supposed to accept that the fembots (and to call Reichen exceedingly masculine is funny. He is hot, no doubt about it, and masculine. Full stop.) are friends with Nyasha???

We are supposed to just accept that Derek, et al, are fawning over Nyasha and wanting to help her...like they are friends.

Yet none has explained how they even met.

Lazy writing.

Bad budget.

Even The Hills had better quality.

Yet I watch. For Rodiney. And yeah, for the fake drama. It's good tv.

by Rodineyreply 48108/30/2011

What lengue does Rotinay speak exactly?

by Rodineyreply 48208/30/2011

"Portuguenglish", r482.

by Rodineyreply 48308/31/2011

Wow, when Ryan went up on that runway, the camera could not hide the fact that he has a big ass.

by Rodineyreply 48408/31/2011

Ryan is weird looking. He's so vain and so desperate, yet tries to pretend he's a mature mother hen.%0D %0D Girl needs a stylist, one that won't cave to her demands to look like an airbrushed Porky Pig cartoon.

by Rodineyreply 48508/31/2011

Ryan dresses like a magician or a ringmaster. Puffy pirate sleeves, jumpsuits, spanx. He always looks ridiculous. The show has gotten so bad that I missed TJ in the last episode.

by Rodineyreply 48608/31/2011

Ryan reminds me of an element from the Austin Powers movies. In one movie, a "Bob's Big Boy" statue takes off into space with Dr. Evil. %0D %0D When I see Ryan, I think of Bob's Big Boy. I don't know if this chain of restaurants still exists, but the statue fits Ryan - just needs a bleach job and Bob's Big Boy would be Ryan. Of course, Ryan would never be caught dead or alive carrying a tray.

by Rodineyreply 48708/31/2011

It's true! Since Derek became Nyasha's lap dog and Ryan became a megalomaniac, I miss TJ, that voice of reason.

by Rodineyreply 48808/31/2011

Do think Reichen let TJ at least give in a blow job in Hawaii?

by Rodineyreply 48908/31/2011

R489, First of all, the entire show is scripted, so certainly not. It was not part of the script. Secondly, there is no way a hot stud like Reichen would let a sweet fem guy like TJ blow him. In "real life" there's no logic to Reichen even asking TJ to go with him to Hawaii. It was just a writer's way to give TJ some air time, in my opinion, since some viewers like him a lot, and he doesn't have much to do with any major plot lines (you know, the weekly bitch fights, holding grudges over silly trivial events, etc.). %0D %0D What was extremely UNREAL about that Hawaii episode was Reichen pretty much dumping that hot guy after a wonderful deep kiss on the ocean shoreline. The excuse was that Reichen felt guilty or sad about Rodiney. Say what?!?! All through his relationship with Rodiney, Reichen was out fucking around with guys, but now that he's officially single, his heart still belongs to Rodiney? Are the writers going to bring Rodiney back because Reichen can't fuck other guys unless he has the security of knowing Rodiney is back home jerking off alone?

by Rodineyreply 49008/31/2011

Where can I buy me an Nyasha wig?

by Rodineyreply 49108/31/2011

It was extremely amusing to see all of three "paparazzi" covering Nyasha's Wig Runway whatever the fuck it was supposed to be "show". And that of course, another fight is instigated for the flimsiest of reasons. %0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 49208/31/2011

I love how on all these shows, whenever there's some event for them to gather at, someone inevitably says that "there better not be any drama." Please, these shows are driven by stupid, petty drama, and these "actors" know they need to bring it in order to remain with the shows. None of these bitches wants to turn out to be the Tammy Knickerbocker of the A-List NY.

by Rodineyreply 49308/31/2011

I was at a dinner party on Sunday and, sure enough, everyone presnet (myself included) was badmouthing "The A-List New York." We all hate the show - but we still watch it.

by Rodineyreply 49408/31/2011

R491. I believe exclusive rights to Nyasta's wig marketing are with K-Mart. I heard that K-Mart has a bin full of her wigs. You have to dig deep for anything not suitable just for Halloween. I wouldn't put my hand into that bin though. Someone told me this is a primary way that bed bugs is spread.

by Rodineyreply 49508/31/2011

The writers adding TJ to the Hawaii trip was the only sensible thing they've done all season. TJ's energy made Reichen look like he was alive. He may be a slut, but I can't imagine that he's any good in bed.

by Rodineyreply 49608/31/2011

[quote] We all hate the show - but we still watch it.

I find this PR meme hard to believe. That was started with the obnoxious Times article but is hardly supported by the viewer numbers which barely surpass six figures.

by Rodineyreply 49708/31/2011

I love the show. It's a total guilty pleasure for me. Thank god it has very few straight viewers, since it does reinforce the stereotype of the shallow, self-absorbed, looks-obsessed, petty, immature, gossipy, bitchy queen.

by Rodineyreply 49808/31/2011

Has it always been an hour long? I thought that it was a half hour show?

by Rodineyreply 49908/31/2011

Nyasha's website.

by Rodineyreply 50008/31/2011

OMG, that's exactly what Ryan dresses like, R486! Why hadn't I thought of that? He's just the worst.

by Rodineyreply 50108/31/2011

Nyasha is FLAT on at least half of her vocals on that track "Rise Up". Great producer.

by Rodineyreply 50208/31/2011

Anyone notice that the crazy woman that Nyasha interviewed in her model search was the same crazy bitch Patti Stanger kicked out of her office in NY on Millionaire Matchmaker?

by Rodineyreply 50308/31/2011

That was already discussed upthread, r503. Try to keep up, hon.

by Rodineyreply 50408/31/2011

You NYC gays live such glamorous lives. You get to go to wig fashion shows and see fights with famous people. We don't have anything like that in flyover country. The most exciting thing we see on a typical night is some fat person throwing up in Wal-Mart.

by Rodineyreply 50508/31/2011

Ryan's personal designer has no shame. When he handed Ryan those tight pinkish glittering pants, and told Ryan he could get away with wearing them, I just had to "hush my mouth". %0D %0D Ryan must consider himself a trend setter, but to me he looks like one of the munchkins from the WIZARD OF OZ. The munchkins and Ryan seem to have similar taste in clothes.

by Rodineyreply 50608/31/2011

I think Rodiney is very hot, actually - much more so than Reichen.

by Rodineyreply 50709/05/2011

So what do you think Playgirl's $ offer was to Austin?

Did someone say $3,000?

by Rodineyreply 50809/05/2011

Rodiney was sitting in Nyasta's long limo going through Grindr entries. Yet some jerk on this particular thread refuses to believe I had sex with Rodiney. The guy is highly promiscuous, not at all the sweet little boy he was portrayed to be on Season 1. I suppose if I lived in Fargo, North Dakota, my claim may have seemed strange. But bedding Rodiney is relatively easy:%0D %0D 1. You gotta be goodlooking and young. I still qualify.%0D 2. You gotta hook up with him via Twitter on a routine basic (start with his Facebook if necessary)%0D 3. Show him some pictures of you naked that are hot. %0D 4. Invite him to meet you when he is in LA.%0D 5. Meet him for coffee. Then either the energy is there or not. We went to my place soon afterwards. My husband had already agreed Rodiney was worth it and slept in the guest room (trust me, I've returned the favor). %0D 6. Expect no romance or any sort of bond. It is wham, bam, thank you man. Bye. I was pretty disappointed that he wasn't the "nice guy" he portrays so well. It wasn't a mutual thing. I was just a piece of man meat, he fucked me long and hard, and it hurt. He got off, and then left. %0D %0D Life goes on. He's not a fucking movie star. He's on a sleasy scripted reality show on a network that could be bought for a handful of salted peanuts. Note: He actually had a pimple on his so-called perfect face. How far the gods have fallen. %0D %0D I just got a big laugh that LOGO actually allowed him to say he was checking GRINDR, because THAT was the true Rodiney showing through. %0D

by Rodineyreply 50909/06/2011

I'm waiting for Nyasha to storm out of the show, after telling the gay cast members what pieces of sh*t they all are.

by Rodineyreply 51009/06/2011

I believe you R509. I also think his broken English is exaggerated. I know English is his second language, but he jacks-up every single sentence. That's a bit much. He's not FOB anymore. %0D %0D Nyasha was acting like a scorned woman towards Rodiney. She doesn't handle rejection well at all. BTW - How does she have a company called Embrace Your Hair (or something like that), but she's selling wigs and hair pieces? Bitch please.

by Rodineyreply 51109/06/2011

She's a CEO, Monet.

by Rodineyreply 51209/06/2011

Is Grindr a gay only application or is it for horny straight people (horny guys who are looking for easy women) as well?

Nyasha is a total cunt. As Reichen said "she can dish it, but she can't take it". The show's edit is not her friend (or any of the guys for that matter).

by Rodineyreply 51309/06/2011

I believe you, r509. Based on the fact that both Rodiney and Reichen are total sluts, I really hope you used protection.

by Rodineyreply 51409/06/2011

Grindr is a gay thing.

by Rodineyreply 51509/06/2011

It appalls me how many guys are on things like Grindr and Manhunt, etc. Don't any guys want romance instead of a quick fuck anymore?

by Rodineyreply 51609/06/2011

Reichen is a whore with a capital W.

by Rodineyreply 51709/06/2011

Rodiney told Ryan last season that he and Reichen weren't using condoms. How stupid could Rodiney have been!

by Rodineyreply 51809/06/2011

Any nudes of Derek out on the net?

He has a nice ass.

by Rodineyreply 51909/06/2011

R518 - Rumor has it that Rodiney is a total top. So, it was Reichen who was more at risk.

by Rodineyreply 52009/06/2011

[quote]Rumor has it that Rodiney is a total top. So, it was Reichen who was more at risk.

If Rodiney actually is a total top (which I'm skeptical of), then neither one was really at risk. It remains a myth that total tops are easy recipients of HIV in Western countries; one study calculated the odds at being 5 million to 1 of transmitting the virus that way.

by Rodineyreply 52109/06/2011

R509, whether or not you slept with Rodiney (and I don't know that people are doubting you), it doesn't change the fact that you have proven yourself, again and again, to be a huge cunt.

by Rodineyreply 52209/06/2011

R27? If Rodiney is a total top, that would make Reichen a total bottom. It is a fact that bottoms are more at risk for transmitting HIV than tops from unprotected sex.

by Rodineyreply 52309/06/2011

My post was meant for R521.

by Rodineyreply 52409/06/2011

If a top has some sort of cut on his dick, it comes into contact with the blood from the bottom's anal tearing, so that could put the top at risk.

by Rodineyreply 52509/06/2011

R525, anal tearing? If someone has anal tearing, that is a permanent problem and requires immediate ER attention. I know a guy who was raped 12 years ago, and he got an anal tear. To this day, he has to see a specialist every 6 months to monitor it and ensure there is no infection. %0D %0D I understood that with anal sex, there may be tiny microscopic holes (bigger is not better in terms of sticking a cock in your ass). But I always thought the real danger was to the bottom who (if barebacked) could get HIV from the semen deposited. What's been said here has really confused me because I didn't think the top was in any danger. %0D %0D This topic is making me light headed (honest), so I am going to breath deeply and wash my face with cool water. I could never be a nurse.

by Rodineyreply 52609/06/2011

[quote]If Rodiney is a total top, that would make Reichen a total bottom.

Are you shitting me? Is there no black-and-white in your universe? I'm versatile and have dated both total tops and total bottoms in the past.

[quote]It is a fact that bottoms are more at risk for transmitting HIV than tops from unprotected sex.

Yes, but that wasn't my point, which was that total tops have a remote risk of getting HIV (from sex).

by Rodineyreply 52709/06/2011

R527: You are not making sense. %0D %0D If you are versatile, you can date both tops and bottoms successfully because you can switch. Rumor has it that Rodiney is not versatile - he tops all the time. Unless Reichen and he masturbated/did oral during their entire relationship (of course not), Reichen was the bottom.%0D %0D As for the other point. You responded to a post that said Rodiney was less at risk than Reichen by saying neither one of them were at risk in R521. That is total bullshit.%0D %0D R526 - I don't know what R521/527 is talking about. He is confusing himself and getting bitchy about it. Tops have less risk of catching HIV from unprotected sex than bottoms. R525 and you are both correct.

by Rodineyreply 52809/06/2011

R521, So then how does it spread if only bottoms can get it and they can't transmit it if they top?

by Rodineyreply 52909/06/2011

"I know a guy who was raped 12 years ago, and he got an anal tear. To this day, he has to see a specialist every 6 months to monitor it and ensure there is no infection."%0D %0D His anus was torn 12 years ago, and the wound is still open? WTF?%0D

by Rodineyreply 53009/06/2011

R530, I honestly cannot tell you why he's still seeing a specialist. He said he still has the injury due to the rape, and that's all he said. I didn't feel it proper to ask for more details, e.g., "So its all ripped up in there? Does Preparation H help?"

by Rodineyreply 53209/06/2011

Mike and his partner Martin are more attractive to me than any of the others.%0D %0D Reichen may have youth on his side but he's just so unlikable.

by Rodineyreply 53309/06/2011

So, what about Rodiney saying he's bi on the last episode? I that real or is he just trying to cash in by expanding his marketing potential to include straight women?

by Rodineyreply 53409/06/2011

534%0D %0D That's not the first time he's said he was bisexual.

by Rodineyreply 53509/06/2011

[quote]Reichen may have youth on his side %0D %0D Reichen is pushing 40, even on his 'official' bio. He hasn't had youth on his side since the mid-1990s.

by Rodineyreply 53609/06/2011

"Reichen may have youth on his side"%0D %0D %0D No, but he often has youth on his backside.

by Rodineyreply 53709/06/2011

I fell a few episodes behind. Tonight I tried to get through one. Finally, I just stopped and hit delete.

I'll all for empty entertainment, but there has to at least be conflict. Something has to happen.

by Rodineyreply 53809/06/2011

[quote]The munchkins and Ryan seem to have similar taste in clothes

At least the munchkins can say it's part of their culture; what's Ryan's excuse?

[quote]Expect no romance or any sort of bond

Who expects romance or a bond from a one night stand? especially when you already have a boyfriend?

[quote]Life goes on

So you say, and yet you've posted about this over, and over, and over....

[quote]Yet some jerk on this particular thread refuses to believe I had sex with Rodiney]

If I say I believe it, will you SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT???

by Rodineyreply 53909/06/2011

The guy from Playgirl gave an interview recently, and it further confirmed that it's all a big fake.

Playgirl was never interested in Austin. Austin approached them because he needed a story-line in which he would predominate. It was never genuine. The amount the Playgirl guy offered him was 3000 dollars, which was a joke. Here's the best part...Austin was embarrassed at being seen naked because his penis is TINY. Very tiny.

I don't believe much of anything that's on this show. They've done an abysmal job making any of it seem remotely real. And apparently they didn't have people sign nondisclosure forms so they couldn't give interviews about how fake the show is.

by Rodineyreply 54009/07/2011

They could have used photoshop to give Austin the biggest dick in town, if they wanted to. But the story was so trite and contrived that I never believed a word of it. A-List NY is a soap opera posing as a reality show. It is 100% scripted. The "Character" Derek is the most vicious childish 25 year old I've ever seen. I hope the real Derek is nothing like his made-up persona on the show. The recent cat fight between Nyasta and Rodiney at her big wig party was just absurd. Who, but a very self-centered prissy queeen, would get angry when someone asks why they are wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night? Rodiney is totally full of himself. If he ages gracefully it will be a big surprise for me.

by Rodineyreply 54109/07/2011

[quote] " international model Austin Armacost....."%0D %0D [italic] OH MY SIDES!!!! [/italic]

by Rodineyreply 54209/07/2011

It took a minute to recognize Mike from DC Real World. Is he even 21? I guess so, but seeing Reichen hitting on him was icky and he clearly thought so too.

by Rodineyreply 54309/07/2011

Even if it's all fake, you have to admit it's refreshing to see a show about gay men where the guys are masculine and defy stereotypes. They're just traditionally masculine guys who just happen to be gay. It's a nice change IMO.

by Rodineyreply 54409/07/2011

You are being sarcastic, right R544?%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 54509/07/2011

I want to see Derek nudes

by Rodineyreply 54609/07/2011

R544%0D %0D Traditionally masculine:%0D %0D Reichen%0D %0D Rodiney%0D %0D Jake%0D %0D Mike & his partner%0D %0D Nyasha%0D %0D Traditionally Fems %0D %0D Derek%0D %0D TJ%0D %0D Ryan%0D %0D Traditionally Masculine Until He's Drunk%0D %0D Austin

by Rodineyreply 54709/07/2011

I just wish Austin and Reichen would fuck, and get it over with. Obviously, they both want to, but Austin only reveals this when he is drunk. Of course, I've heard that they are both big old bottoms, so someone would have to bring a dildo to the party. %0D %0D Reichen is 37. YIKES! The hot guy is only 3 years from being an Eldergay, even considered "dead" by the gay subculture. Seems like time for a face lift, because the camera is picking up the sagging beneath each eye.

by Rodineyreply 54809/07/2011

R548, take your meds. You really ruin these threads with your non-stop, nonsense babbling.

by Rodineyreply 54909/07/2011

What's the dish on Mike ?%0D %0D All I know is he's hot , a photographer and a routine guest on Rupaul's Drag Race.%0D %0D Who's he been with ? Age ? Etc....%0D %0D What's the dish on Martin ?

by Rodineyreply 55009/07/2011

[quote]Austin was embarrassed at being seen naked because his penis is TINY. Very tiny.

He didn't have a problem to flash his cock and stay naked around the guys every chance he got in season one where everything was blurred though. And there's no way in hell his erect dick is smaller than Reichen's ... or is it?

by Rodineyreply 55109/07/2011

Did Mike used to work at Splash years ago? He looks familiar...

by Rodineyreply 55209/07/2011

R549, your rude comments are unnecessary. Everything I write is about the A-List NY. You should try keeping to the topic at least once instead of attacking other posters. %0D %0D Now have yourself a very merry Christmas.

by Rodineyreply 55309/07/2011

I just got back from Ptown where I saw Ryan and his husband eating outside at Bubbala's. Ryan kept checking his phone and his husband looked like someone Ryan pulled out of the gutter. The husband always looks so good on the show but in Ptown he was wearing a tie dye shirt and he looked like he was carrying a huge truck tire around his waist. I later saw them walking up Commercial St holding hands. Ryan definitely married for the money.

by Rodineyreply 55409/07/2011

R554, I only saw Ryan's husband appear briefly in one episode last sesaon. And he didn't look "good" to me, he was very heavy set middle aged black guy. On the other hand, he could do a LOT better than Ryan, especially if he's rich.

by Rodineyreply 55509/07/2011

Was it a rerun this week?

by Rodineyreply 55609/07/2011

I think Ryan's husband is the only normal guy on the show. He is well off and well adjusted and well liked by many in his financial world.

He is the only one who is the voice of reason on that silly show.

But I do think Ryan is kinda cute in a girlish way. He knows a good thing when he sees it. I like the way they have a white pug and a black pug...

by Rodineyreply 55709/08/2011

Reichen, Roidney, and Austin are the only fuckable guys. Mike is a hot daddy, I suppose, but I get a scary "washed-up party circuit boy" vibe from him. Derek, Ryan, and TJ are completely repulsive both on the inside and the outside. And no straight guy would be attracted to Nyasha. She looks like a tranny and would totally emasculate any man she dates.

by Rodineyreply 55809/08/2011

Austin is "fuckable"? I know this is all fiction, but the character Austin is playing is completely repulsive. If he's even a tiny bit like that character, he is not fuckable.

His face looks like a young, chubby, George W. Bush. He's verbally abusive to his "husband". He comes on to other guys, even as he proudly proclaims his "monogamy". He's out of rehab and drinks like a fish and is a loud, abusive drunk. The fact that posters him label him "hot" says SO much about some of the guys at DL, and it's not flattering. Not to mention that he's a self-acknowledged drug addict, and that he's washed up in his "career" as a "model".

Geesh guys, get better hunks.

by Rodineyreply 55909/08/2011

Rodiney's on the cover of one of the throwaway gay mags this week, and the interview is hysterical. He's adamant that the "gay commitity don't bweieve in bwisexuality, and me am proof of bwisexuaminity".

BTW...is that how his name is really spelled, or did the show spell it that way because of how he pronounces things?

by Rodineyreply 56009/08/2011

Happy NYC Fashion Week, gay bitches!%0D %0D Is Nyasha showing her upscale wig line at Lincoln Center?

by Rodineyreply 56109/08/2011

Reply 557.. "But I do think Ryan is kinda cute in a girlish way. He knows a good thing when he sees it. I like the way they have a white pug and a black pug..."

Are you a 12 year old girl??

by Rodineyreply 56209/08/2011

So it Reichen top or bottom, and don't give me any of that versitile bullshite. He used to play around with Real World's Davis, who is a renouned bottom. So what the final world?

by Rodineyreply 56309/08/2011

Is the character Austin really addicted to drugs? I do recall when he and Reichen have one of their chats, Austin mentioned Prozac, but that is an anti-depressant. No one takes Prozac to get a buzz. If you take too much you just fall asleep. So what drugs? Meth? Hormone treatment usually reserved for women in menopause?

by Rodineyreply 56409/08/2011

R563, there is this marvelous invention called a dildo, which allows one gay bottom to fuck another gay bottom.

by Rodineyreply 56509/08/2011

The hole Austin needs to lose weight and get cut thing is so fake. If he was serious, he would just do a cycle of steroids like some of the other guys obviously do.

by Rodineyreply 56609/08/2011

yeah r565, but what's the thrill of intimacy without any sort of penetration. I'm 1000% sure that men like Reichen and Davis need that for sexual satisfaction. A dildo just won't cut it.

by Rodineyreply 56709/08/2011

[quote]The hole Austin needs to lose weight %0D %0D Oh.%0D %0D Dear.

by Rodineyreply 56809/08/2011

I could never fuck a man that sounds like Dereck, Ryan, or TJ, it's like gay voice off the charts. Even Austin bad southern white trash voice drives me crazy.

Do you think Reichen was kind of embarrassed to be seen with TJ, since he so far below him in the looks department? I sure do.

by Rodineyreply 56909/08/2011

R569, I think Reichen was totally embarrassed, but must follow the script. Masculine gays usually don't mix with nelly fems. Their vibs just don't match at all. The fems seem to go out of their way to draw attention to themselves and embarrass any masculine guy who has the bad luck to be with them. TJ seems to be a sweet soul, but I would not want to be seen in public with him. I'd go anywhere with Rodiney although I know he's sort of dim and very promiscuous. To hang with Rodiney you have to be hot. I can do that, but it gets really boring after awhile. But I was overjoyed when I saw him and he had this small zit on his nose. I almost laughed out loud. A narcistic "international" model with a zit on his nose. Geez....maybe that's the only reason he went home with me - he felt his street value was temporarily low due to the zit? %0D %0D Gay men make me want to scream. I think I will go look in the mirror and scream.

by Rodineyreply 57009/08/2011

I think narcissistic men like Reichen either love or hate being around ugly femmes like TJ. They love it because it emphasizes for the world just how much more attractive they are than their partner, or they hate it because they see the ugly person below them in status.

by Rodineyreply 57109/08/2011

Why aren't guys like Scott Evans or Mike White, the investment banker ex of Matt Bomer aren't in this show? How about that cute blond Davis Mallory since his good friend is Ryan Kehoe? Or some of NYC's asian gay yuppies-cum-party-boys like Francis Teo (cute as hell) and Jimmy Im?

by Rodineyreply 57209/08/2011

[quote]Masculine gays usually don't mix with nelly fems. Their vibs just don't match at all.

But wasn't it in this case a good match for Reichen? He got himself a "donkey" and he looked a great deal better (and more masculine?) with TJ next to him.

What must have hurt more was being turned down by the Real World Washington guy, Mike.

And call me a Mary, but TJ raising Reichen's spirit after Reichen got the call that his crush won't be joining him in Hawaii was cute.

by Rodineyreply 57309/08/2011

TJ seems sweet? Have you even watched the show?

by Rodineyreply 57409/08/2011

R570 will die alone, and thank God for small favors.

by Rodineyreply 57509/08/2011

I consider myself a very masculine guy in looks and mannerisms. WHen I am with a fem guy (ugh) I am afraid other masculine men will think that I am a fem too. That's what I'm afraid of. But if I am with a group of gay guys and one of them is the fem (who usually becomes the group comedy act, always "on"), then it's OK. %0D %0D I don't know how to talk with fems. It seems all they want to do is bitch about other fems and gossip about masculine men's sex lives.

by Rodineyreply 57609/08/2011

"Ugh"? Thought only the "fems" used that word...

by Rodineyreply 57709/08/2011

R577. wrong. Fems use the word "ewwwwwww"

by Rodineyreply 57809/09/2011

A whiny-ass who uses either one of those two words is hardly masculine, R576/R578. %0D

by Rodineyreply 57909/09/2011

Hey everyone. The "I slept with Rodiney" troll is currently referring to black American football players as "gorillas" in the rugby thread.%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 58009/12/2011

[quote]Your violence against women helps kill queer teens.%0D %0D %0D It does?%0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 58209/12/2011

[quote]This is exactly what I mean by DL's violent misogyny, and if you don't intervene against it, you are acting in favor of it:

Oh gods, not YOU again.

Out of the asylum and off your meds again, are you?

Listen, dipshit! Your endless, nanny-like hectoring of other adults isn't changing anyone's mind. In fact, when I see your robot-like script on yet another unrelated thread, I want to write something misogynistic just to piss you off.

Why don't you just fuck off, you freak?

by Rodineyreply 58309/12/2011

WTF? Rodiney is getting a hair transplant! He's nuts.

by Rodineyreply 58409/13/2011

R584. speaking from personal experience, Rodiney is very vain and if he had the money Michael Jackson had, would probably end up looking horrifying with totally unnecessary and even morally wrong plastic surgery (morally wrong for any physician to perform). %0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 58509/13/2011

R581: Please Febreze your leaky cunt.

Such ghastly, ghastly fumes!

by Rodineyreply 58609/13/2011

A recording of Reichen's Cam4 jerk-off session has leaked. Download at link:

by Rodineyreply 58709/13/2011

9/13/2011...worst episode ever.

The A-list has gone from being unwatchable to being absolutely unwatchable. Queens attempting to play golf !!!? Botox parties ? Ghetto Nausia , Fake Hamptons drama ? Self grandiose Derrick ? Derrick? and more Derrrrick??? Its no longer interesting. Its Tragic.

by Rodineyreply 58809/13/2011

you forgot to link

by Rodineyreply 58909/13/2011

Commercial break, also known as a Sanity break, or an intentional disruption in the A-List NY frequency of negative vibration. %0D %0D Perhaps spoken as a sacred magick ritual, this could dissolve the A-List NY bitches and open their eyes to truth. Do I believe that? No. But enjoy the brief interruption from the ongoing ego and insanity that we call A-List NY.

by Rodineyreply 59009/13/2011

[quote]I'd go anywhere with Rodiney although I know he's sort of dim and very promiscuous. To hang with Rodiney you have to be hot.%0D %0D Oh dear - you sound like a lame high school girl wishing you could hang out with the "popular" kid.%0D %0D And WTF is the bid deal about Rodiney? There's nothing special about his looks at all.

by Rodineyreply 59109/13/2011

Each cast member had one major cunt moment last night. %0D %0D How many times did Reichen say 'masculine' when trying to create his fragrance? And wouldn't someone who was supposedly masculine be averse to wearing cologne anyway? %0D %0D Austin had another crying breakdown without tears. %0D %0D Ryan in yet another magician outfit, had on more make-up than Kevin Spacey as the young Bobby Darin. I want someone to call him on his two-faced shit because he'd crumple so fast. He's just a bitchy marshmallow. %0D %0D

by Rodineyreply 59209/13/2011

I will keep watching...why I have no idea.

This is the WORST reality show. EVER. And I include Swamp People.

It's is so fake. I mean, talk about lazy producers. They used the same set to film Aus and Jake's bedroom scenes as Reichen and Rodiney's bed last season. Same red wall, etc.

Derek and Aus don't even live in NYC! They travel there for the summer to film.

FAKE.

Derek's Spray Tan Line is his job? And yet he pretends to be a high roller in Manhattan???

The only one I still love is Rodiney. And yes, just because he strips down to his tighty whitey's every episode. Damn is he near perfect.

by Rodineyreply 59309/13/2011

The whole thing is so poorly scripted. We're supposed to be invested in Derrick and Austin's soul-mate friendship, after they became friends for five seconds last season after having hated each other the entire season. It's ludicrous.%0D %0D %0D Austin's fake breakdown at the end was too funny for words. Is he using the A-List as some stealth audition for a real acting role?

by Rodineyreply 59409/13/2011

The link to the cam4 show would be fun but I cannot find it anywhere. Was that poster here lying?

by Rodineyreply 59509/13/2011

So the teaser for next week has Rodiney talking about Jake cheating on Austin a week before their wedding...Did Rodiney fuck Jake?

by Rodineyreply 59609/13/2011

[quote]So the teaser for next week has Rodiney talking about Jake cheating on Austin a week before their wedding...

[italic]And[/italic] Derek slaps Austin viciously!

by Rodineyreply 59709/13/2011

Where does Derek live now? I thought he lived in NY?

by Rodineyreply 59809/13/2011

Rodiney is a user/hooker. I know someone in Atlanta who met him in Miami. Rodiney moved back to Atlanta with him and moved in. This guy paid for everything. Even paid for Rodiney to go to school.

As soon as Rodiney's English was better (yes, it was even worse!) and Rodiney had drained the bank, he found someone with more fame/money to use.

by Rodineyreply 59909/13/2011

I call bullshit on the slap, R597. The angle looked off, Austin was smiling and the hand didn't look like Derek's. I think they just edited it to make it look like Derek was slapping him. If he does that would be the first exciting moment all season but i doubt it will happen.

by Rodineyreply 60009/13/2011
Need more help? Click Here.