Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Newark Mayor, Cory Booker''s recent tweet:

By law, a mayor can conduct marriages. But I won't do so until I can freely conduct them for all my residents equally. I dream of that day

by Anonymousreply 2105/10/2012

gay! but dating Gayle!

by Anonymousreply 106/24/2011

Is he still gay for Chris Christie?

by Anonymousreply 206/24/2011

[quote] By law, a mayor can conduct marriages. But I won't do so until I can freely conduct them for all my residents equally. I dream of that day.%0D %0D I'm sure the first legal gay marriage will be for himself.

by Anonymousreply 306/24/2011

Dating Gayle King? Seriously? He ponged when I saw him on Oprah a few years back. But I have to say I did find him engaging; I rather like him.

by Anonymousreply 406/24/2011

He is rather likeable, isn't he r4? I think we'll see him on the national political scene in several years.

by Anonymousreply 506/24/2011

Love him! I wish he would come out.

by Anonymousreply 606/24/2011

[quote] I think we'll see him on the national political scene in several years.%0D %0D LMAO! No sweety, you won't. Perhaps you should take a look at the Newark local news a couple of times per week. He's all self marketing and is loved because he's a lite toned black man people feel "safe" with. That's it.%0D %0D He's a complete failure, unfortunately. Oh, and he's got that whole closet gay thing going on, not even brave enough to come out.%0D %0D OH, and have you done any follow up to what the city's planning to do with the first installment of the Zuckerberg funds? It's all going to be blown on bullshit and the corrupt Jersey teachers' unions.

by Anonymousreply 706/24/2011

r7, gurl, you sound bitter. What has Cory done to you?

[quote]It's all going to be blown on bullshit and the corrupt Jersey teachers' unions.

What were you expecting? Brick City is corrupt from the floor up.

And Cory is not dating Gayle King. From what I understand she is trying to find him a boyfriend and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 806/24/2011

Didn't we have a Newark insider who posted a couple years ago that Booker is straight, but dating/dated a white woman, and that is something that his constituency would not approve of, so he doesn't go out with her publicly?%0D %0D Or, he could just be a big ol 'mo. After all, he was best friends with Rachel Maddow when they were both in grad school overseas.

by Anonymousreply 906/24/2011

Interesting r9.

Cory is one of those black men that either dates white women or is gay, but it's impossible to tell. If he dates white women that would be just as scandalous as if he likes men.

by Anonymousreply 1006/24/2011

he's really a hot gay Jewish guy

by Anonymousreply 1106/24/2011

He's gay. A friend of mine worked closely with him on his mayoral campaign, and he's definitely a friend of Dorothy.

by Anonymousreply 1206/24/2011

I love a light skinned white featured black guy. They're all the rage now!

by Anonymousreply 1306/24/2011

Yeah, but can he pass as a white chorus girl?

by Anonymousreply 1406/24/2011

Anything else youd like to share about Cory r12?

by Anonymousreply 1506/24/2011

I want him! Hope he's not a snow queen.

by Anonymousreply 1606/24/2011

R8, as someone who works in Newark, I can say that Booker is occasionally mocked for blowing his own horn. He's also weak when it comes to the nitty-gritty job of being the city's chief administrator.%0D %0D I've said this before: as an ideas man, Cory would make a great senator - and I'm sure he'll run if the 187-year old Frank Lautenberg decides not to run for re-election. But the fact is he just can't govern. (And BTW, he was an idiot for thowing his biggest ally, Mildred Crump, under the bus not too far into his first term of office.)%0D %0D R9, I was the one who posted that the story going around the city several years ago was that Booker was dating a white woman from Brooklyn. And I never heard anyone seriously even remotely suggest he was dating Gayle. I mean, that's TOO fucking funny. %0D %0D I know there are people who post here who insist the guy is gay. OK. Perhaps you guys have heard info I haven't. (So spill it R12!) Or it could also mean that maybe he's bi. As I've said in the past on DL, I've met Booker a few times, and I get even LESS a sense that he's not straight than I do from either his predecessor (who I know is married, had a notorious mistress and has 5 children) or his likeley (single) successor.

by Anonymousreply 1706/24/2011

[quote]He ponged when I saw him on Oprah a few years back.

Fyi: the term "ping" is used when referring to gaydar.

"Pong" means stinky.

by Anonymousreply 1806/25/2011

"Pong" is used on DL when "ping" is not strong enough, R18. As in, "He doesn't ping; he pongs."

by Anonymousreply 1906/25/2011

Anybody see him on Rachel Maddow last night? I love how impassioned he is about marriage equality, and how close he and Rachel are.

by Anonymousreply 2005/10/2012

I saw it, r20.

The man pins.

HARD!

by Anonymousreply 2105/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.