Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stephanie Miller

I'm considering purchasing podcasts from her show on iTunes.%0D %0D Is she worth it?

by Anonymousreply 6301/08/2013

No.

by Anonymousreply 106/23/2011

You're a masochist, right?

by Anonymousreply 206/23/2011

OP, are you a troll? Who would pay good money to see Stephanie Miller? She's not funny. She's not bright. It's like a bad open-mic night.

by Anonymousreply 306/23/2011

[quote]Who would pay good money to see Stephanie Miller? She's not funny. She's not bright. It's like a bad open-mic night.

Log Cabin Quislings, Freepers and Teabaggers hate Stephanie Miller. They just hate her.

by Anonymousreply 406/23/2011

[quote]Log Cabin Quislings, Freepers and Teabaggers hate Stephanie Miller. They just hate her.

So do Limbaughciles.

by Anonymousreply 506/23/2011

I think it's only worth it if you plan to listen to the broadcasts within a day or two of their original airing. It's amazing how quickly current events shows become dated. My local radio station sometimes plays repeats of Stephanie, Bill Press, and other shows on the weekend after they originally ran. By then the topics seem dated and uninteresting. For example, who wants to listen to a discussion of whether Anthony Weiner should resign several days after he actually DID resign.

by Anonymousreply 606/23/2011

OP, iTunes has free downloads of parts of the show, including the daily "Right Wing World" (that's all I listen to) and all the celebrity and political guest interviews.

I spent the money one month to get the rest, and found that the stuff they give away for free is the best of it.

by Anonymousreply 706/23/2011

I subscribed to the best bits and pick and chose which go into my iPod. I only listen to celebs I like when they're on, and the occacsional right wing world. There isn't enough time in the day to listen to the whole show, and she's so caffeinated she sometimes makes me jittery.

by Anonymousreply 806/23/2011

I watch the UStream show daily not so much for Stephanie, but for her semi-delicious producer Chris. It's a pretty good show, too, which stole a lot of production tricks from late Florida gay talk icon, Neil Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 906/23/2011

You can get her show for free on the linked site. It's a week behind but it will at least let you know if you want to subscribe. I used to but then I found I wouldn't listen every day. I do download the free bits from iTunes so I can see what they are talking about every day. I really like her show.

by Anonymousreply 1006/23/2011

I love the show--never sought it out online but I hear it a few times a week when reception is good in my car, from an Ithaca, NY AM station. That time of the morning I am frequently driving to or from appointments.

Her whole team is smart and funny.

by Anonymousreply 1106/23/2011

A lot of Democrats hate her, too, cause she is sooooo lame and not funny in the least.

by Anonymousreply 1206/23/2011

She is a virtual moron and so are her cohorts. They all think they are much more clever and funny and precious than they are. Stephanie Miller is an asshat.

by Anonymousreply 1306/23/2011

R13, you are being far too kind.

by Anonymousreply 1406/29/2011

She's a beautiful out Lesbian and I think very funny. I love her show.

by Anonymousreply 1506/29/2011

"They all think they are much more clever and funny and precious than they are."

How positively unusual for radio personalities!

by Anonymousreply 1606/29/2011

She's a moron? Please - go back to freeperville.

I love her and the show - it's my morning drive station.

by Anonymousreply 1706/29/2011

Ever since she added Aiesha Tyler to her Tuesday show, I skip it. Aiesha is not funny and when she's on, the show is ALL. ABOUT. AIESHA. She adds nothing in terms of political commentary and is only marginally funny.%0D %0D Stephanie herself isn't all that funny, either -- and she's a terrible interviewer. If I hear, "Exactly" one more time, oy. But I don't mind her.%0D %0D Her producer has never formally acknowledged his sexuality -- which is unfortunate and off-putting.%0D %0D Jim Ward is hilarious. Totally hilarious. ANd very astute, politically.%0D %0D John Fugelsang co-hosts on Fridays and he is terrific. I never miss Fridays.%0D %0D DL fave Hal Sparks co-hosts Wednesdays. He's surprisingly aware, politically, and sometimes pretty funny. So, I never miss Wednesdays.%0D %0D All in all, it isn't bad (except for Tuesdays and when Charlie Pierce does his weekly 15 minutes -- someone get him on ADD drugs).%0D %0D I wouldn't pay for it, though.

by Anonymousreply 1806/30/2011

Love it. Love Aisha...she is funny and smart.

by Anonymousreply 1906/30/2011

I bought a subscription to the Stephcast for my sister, who doesn't have a local radio station that carries the Stephanie Miller Show, and she loved it so much she got me a subscription so I can catch up on the ones I miss. It is more fun to listen to without the crappy commercials my local station peppers it with, which take up a full hour of the three-hour time slot.

I love Stephanie, but I think it's Chris Lavoie's skills as a producer that really makes the show. When he's not there or during the period when she was in New York and he was in L.A. you could really tell the difference. He tightens it all up and synchs up the timing just right.

by Anonymousreply 2006/30/2011

I'm still wondering about Stephanie's relationship with Frangela. They used to be on every Friday, plus they were her usual "go to" subsiiute hosts. Then they appeared on TV's I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here. The next day Stephanie made a snide comment about "I don't watch those bug-eating shows" and they were never mentioned again -- not even in passing. It definitely seemed like they had a falling out.

by Anonymousreply 2106/30/2011

R18 Aisha IS the only one with any wit on the program. The Sexy Liberal shows where Aisha has been added are the only ones that are selling well.

by Anonymousreply 2206/30/2011

Hal Sparks annoys the hell out of me. I used to really enjoy him, but his latest shows have been all about his baby and it's making me sick. He's also one of the most arrogant people I've heard. Someone called in and said, "Oh Hal, you don't want a smart baby. They are nothing but trouble" and his response was, "Have you been talking to my dad?"

I love Aisha though. And John F. But I agree it's pretty pathetic that Chris Lavoie hasn't admitted to being a queen.

by Anonymousreply 2306/30/2011

I can't stand that bitch. I like others, like Randy Rhodes, but not Stephanie. She isn't funny and half the time has no clue what she is talking about. %0D %0D I used to listen daily, but finally stopped and found a new Stephanie free station. Has producer Chris come out of the closet yet? He's gay as a goose, but would never say it. I found it odd.

by Anonymousreply 2406/30/2011

I'm pretty much with R18 on this. Stephanie may not be the best interviewer but I do like her a lot. And I always wonder why Chris Lavoie chooses to never acknowledge his sexuality on the air.

by Anonymousreply 2506/30/2011

What's the deal with that baby, R23? I guess I missed the show where they made any official announcement, but suddenly Hal seemed to have a baby and that's all he talks about. Yet somehow I got the impression that he did not have this baby with a mate, but just a friend. From the way he talks on the show he's a real horndog and sleeps with a different woman every night.

by Anonymousreply 2606/30/2011

Yes, he had the baby with a friend. Some chick who runs the chatroom. It's so obvious that Stephanie doesn't really want to talk about the baby but Hal keeps forcing the issue. "Oh babies are easy. They are wonderful. My baby is so smart!"

Shut the fuck up, Hal. You're an ass.

by Anonymousreply 2706/30/2011

Love this show, she's way funny and hello she just plays dumb. Though I guess she makes herself look bad by having even funnier guest hosts (Elayne Boosler, etc.)%0D %0D My only pet peeve is the producer, Chris. He talks too much, even though his personality comes across as flat and not very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 2806/30/2011

I think Hal is great and I don't mind him bragging about his kid. That's what parents do. I'd rather hear about his kid than having it dribbling all over me in person.

by Anonymousreply 2906/30/2011

Who was Steph's long term gf? She's made several references lately to an ex from a 10-year relationship.

by Anonymousreply 3006/30/2011

I think Stephanine is bi, not lez.

by Anonymousreply 3106/30/2011

Oh my God, Elaine Boosler is the best guest-host the show has ever had. She's naturally funny -- it isn't forced like it is with other comedians. But she's very, very aware, politically. I really, really, really liked her. She had a great co-host -- Meryl something or other. They were a GREAT team.%0D %0D I actually do miss them.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3206/30/2011

I think Frangela got their own radio show or something. I used to wonder if there was a falling out with Elaine Boosler, because she just seemed to disappear as the normal guest host, and never heard her mentioned. Then I heard her as a normal guest a few weeks ago, things seemed cordial and she did mention she stopped guest hosting due to the early time.

by Anonymousreply 3306/30/2011

Chris Lavoie is unmistakebly out on his Twitter. The show is likely the most listened to one made by the gays, yet the various AM talk stations carrying it are not exactly OutQ. I don't have an issue especially with them omitting his sexuality from the broadcast, because it could be a delicate balance made for all those straight ears.

by Anonymousreply 3406/30/2011

R34, then just how liberal is the show?? Give me a break. It's important that LGBTs be seen and heard and known.%0D %0D He's a jackass.

by Anonymousreply 3506/30/2011

I love her radio show! Try to listen on the car radio whenever I can. She's a hoot. I tell everyone about her because no one seems to know about her. Don't know what her live show would be like but she's great on the radio. Starts my day off with a laff!

by Anonymousreply 3606/30/2011

Who the hell is she?

by Anonymousreply 3706/30/2011

The weird thing about Lavoie not speaking up, is that Miller specifically came out publically on the show, because she thought it was important due to all the anti-gay rhetoric from the right. She decided it was something she needed to do. Someone called and mentioned they originally thought Chris was gay, there was a very awkward moment afterwards (this was a few years ago, before Miller came out.)

by Anonymousreply 3806/30/2011

That happened again, recently, R38. He said, "uh" and moved on REAL fast.%0D %0D I think it's a bit hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 3907/01/2011

Her show is not good. She is not funny. Everything ahout her and her show is trite and banal. It only appeals to people who are not very bright or discerning.

by Anonymousreply 4007/02/2011

What does her girlfriend look like?

by Anonymousreply 4107/02/2011

Stephanie Miller makes Joy Behar look smart and funny.

by Anonymousreply 4207/02/2011

She's a LESBIAN?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 4307/02/2011

She was good in the Wiz.

by Anonymousreply 4407/02/2011

[quote]She's a LESBIAN?!?!?%0D %0D Yes, she came out last year when Chely Wright was in her show.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4507/03/2011

I found her coming out really melodramatic and was creeped out by her flirting CONSTANTLY on air with Chely Wright was in a relationship. She treated Chely like she was some religious guru. I guess I also just find it weird when people come out so late in life.

by Anonymousreply 4607/03/2011

[quote]She's a LESBIAN?!?!?

No, more like bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 4707/03/2011

[quote]No, more like bisexual.

Claims to be bisexual, but doesn't date men.

by Anonymousreply 4807/04/2011

No, she said she is a lesbian, not bisexual. She said she just doesn't hate men.

She also didn't "come out" late in life. She came out on the air late, but she had been out in her personal life for years.

by Anonymousreply 4907/04/2011

Chris Lavoie is gay. One day wile surfing the net I came across his online photo album - I think it was on Picasa, or it may have been flickr. But he had it set up as public. I was looking through pictures he had, some of in studio guests, some of vacations, some of parties, etc. Nothing shocking (no nudes), but almost 100% guys in all the vacation and friends pics. Unmistakably gay.

He was friends with a former Playgirl model, Ryan Wirth. Which is how I found the photo album, by searching on Ryan's name, and Chris had the photos labeled.

The album was private the next time I checked, and I could no longer view the pics.

by Anonymousreply 5007/04/2011

wile = while

by Anonymousreply 5107/04/2011

[quote]I'm still wondering about Stephanie's relationship with Frangela. They used to be on every Friday, plus they were her usual "go to" subsiiute hosts. Then they appeared on TV's I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here. The next day Stephanie made a snide comment about "I don't watch those bug-eating shows" and they were never mentioned again -- not even in passing. It definitely seemed like they had a falling out.

I'd like to know what happened, too.

by Anonymousreply 5207/04/2011

R40-WTF? Are you 17yoa and just found "trite" and "banal" in the dictionary and just had to try them out? You are ingnorant and uneducated. The jokes on you illiterate one! The Stephanie Miller Show is obviously too sophisticated for you to understand the delicate double entendres in the ad lib portions of the show. Too bad for you. Please don't listen. Low brow insights from listeners like you, bore me. Sincerely, A mere Ladd

by Anonymousreply 5307/31/2011

Are you drunk, r53?

by Anonymousreply 5407/31/2011

R54 Is that the best you've got? Drunk? Get off this site, got back to school, and do something with your life. Then you will know what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 5507/31/2011

I'm with you leewik, I love her show. Would love to see her Sexy Liberal Tour but it's all sold out.

by Anonymousreply 5607/31/2011

[quote]got back to school

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 5707/31/2011

Who cares what that dumb bisexual whore has to say.

by Anonymousreply 5807/31/2011

Today, Carol Leifer is co-hosting. She's funny. An out lez. She starts by saying, "This show is really gay today .....it's all gay. Except for Chris."

WHAT???!??!!!?

Enough. He's gay. Everyone knows this. For some reason, he's decided not to come out on the air. And I find this really sad but also infuriating. Yes, yes -- we're all allowed our journey. But, e-fucking-nough.

It's not really supportive of the show's mission.

What a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 5908/17/2011

BTW, R56, her tour is NT "all sold out". There's a discount out now for the show this weekend in Detroit. And the Tucson show was only 60% full.

by Anonymousreply 6008/17/2011

worst program on television

by Anonymousreply 6101/08/2013

If Chris doesn't want to discuss his orientation like Stephanie does, so be it. He's the producer not some guru example of homosexuality. The show is not dependant on whether he wants to come on it or not. To say his modesty is not supportive of the show is intolerant.

Hal, I found suprisingly smart politically.

As far as Stephanie goes, she is ok most of the time but she seems to have a 15 yr.old mentality and doesn't know when to STFU when someone is making a statement. She interrupts with childish glib. Sometimes, it would be nice to hear the whole point someone (like Hal or Jackie) is making. It can be educational but there goes Steph with some dumb quip. Sometimes, I think I see the frustration in Hal's eyes when he has to stop to let the robotic laughter from Chris and Jim accomadate Stephanie.

Jim Ward is excellent and I love his impersonations.

Also the take off from pop songs from, who is it, Mountain Mike...they're too long and most times, in the wrong place.

So I wouldn't subscribe to the podcast. I'd find it online and listen live.

by Anonymousreply 6201/08/2013

Yer talking out of your hat if you're saying that Chris is not out and proud. Further, Stephanie has a light touch talking about politics where it can get too serious too fast and become unlistenable. Her self-deprecating humor is an acquired taste, but once you're hooked, the show is hilarious. It is very gay friendly. She and Rachel Maddow have the best progressive shows on any media.

by Anonymousreply 6301/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.