Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who was more beautiful: Gene Tierney, Joan Bennett or Gracy Kelly?

Granted, this may be geared towards the eldergays, but I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 14705/03/2015

I'm 32. I don't know who the upper two are (I do know one is Gene and one is Joan :)), but the clear winner is Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2011

The second one

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2011

I'm a sucker for blonds, so Grace is my vote, but Gene was really something!

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2011

My dad, 1913-2000, always thought Joan Bennett, was "hot-cha-cha-cha." I think her liked Joan's screen persona in addition to her good looks. Gene Tierney was perceived as a tad "mental" back in the day. Grace Kelly was not of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2011

Gene. She was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2011

Grace Kelly. Never understood the beauty appeal of Tierney. That overbite!

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2011

Gene had this sharp, cruel beauty. Love her.

That is a lovely pic of Grace though. I've got a soft spot for her.

Don't care about Joan.

Am not an elder gay!

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2011

"cruel beauty"

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2011

Grace Kelley

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2011

Grace

by Anonymousreply 1206/22/2011

Gene Tierney.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2011

Gene.%0D %0D By a hair.

by Anonymousreply 1406/22/2011

Grace Kelly.%0D %0D The other two were lovely women, but had to be carefully shot and lit to look stunning on film. But Grace Kelly was beautiful from every single angle, I've never seen a bad picture of her. %0D %0D Until she got married and had kids, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1506/22/2011

Thanks r9 - I've never been "MARY'D"!

by Anonymousreply 1606/22/2011

OP picked the ugliest photograph of Miss Bennett he could find.

Here are more.

by Anonymousreply 1706/22/2011

[quote]There was something enticing about Gene Tierney. I think her mental/emotional illness made her look vulnerable -- not helpless, but delicate and a little fragile. She was beautiful in a different way than Grace Kelly or Joan Bennett. Grace Kelly's beauty had the purity of a cameo carving -- which came through even in her non-glamorous role, "The Country Girl". Joan Bennett's beauty was more earthy, almost threatening, with a touch of cruelty. Yet she was perfect as the warm, supportive mother in "Father of the Bride". Each is beautiful in her own way, with her own unique quality of beauty. Which is a fancy way of saying that I can't choose. Thanks for the lovely pictures, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1806/22/2011

Gene!

by Anonymousreply 1906/22/2011

I vote for my Grandmother!!

by Anonymousreply 2006/22/2011

If I were just looking at the pictures, I'd say Grace.

Gene was a knockout though.

by Anonymousreply 2106/22/2011

Just read gene t. Bio on Wikipedia. Wow-what a story. A natural beauty too

And she had a love affair with JFK!

by Anonymousreply 2206/22/2011

Tierney.

by Anonymousreply 2406/22/2011

They were all gorgeous but an odd trio to compare, if you ask me.%0D %0D First of all, each were in their prime in different decades so their makeup, hairdos and general grooming were of varying aesthetics.%0D %0D And because of the differences in their ages they would never have been competing for the same roles.%0D %0D I would compare Joan Bennett to Hedy Lamarr and Dorothy Lamour.%0D %0D Gene Tierney to Ava Gardner and Rita Hayworth.%0D %0D And Grace Kelly to Audrey Hepburn and Deborah Kerr.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2506/22/2011

Gene Tierney. Hands down.

by Anonymousreply 2606/22/2011

Gene Tierney - beautiful and had a brilliant name.

by Anonymousreply 2706/22/2011

'Cause you're a slattern, Joanie!

by Anonymousreply 2906/22/2011

One on the top right...is that Joan Bennett? She's the hottest of the 3.

by Anonymousreply 3006/22/2011

Of those three, I would say absolutely Gene Tierney. But the two most beautiful women ever in Hollywood were Ava Gardner and Hedy Lamarr.

by Anonymousreply 3106/22/2011

Why would we need to choose? They're all gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 3206/22/2011

Hedy Lamarr at her most beautiful:

by Anonymousreply 3306/22/2011

Ava Gardner at her most beautiful:

by Anonymousreply 3406/22/2011

Gene.

by Anonymousreply 3506/22/2011

That is not a good photo of Gene. But yeah, she is the most beautiful of the three posted.

by Anonymousreply 3806/22/2011

Say what you want about Joan Bennett, but that woman remained beautiful forever. Take a look at her on Dark Shadows. Even in the harsh lighting of soaps and videotape, and she was in her 50s or 60s at the time, she absolutely stunning.

by Anonymousreply 3906/22/2011

Sorry, but Ava, Liz and (gulp) Angie at their peaks all win over those three. Though they are all beauties too.

by Anonymousreply 4006/22/2011

My mother told me a story once that she was at a party where Ava Gardner appeared, every man and woman turned and looked at her as she entered the room... silence... the most breathtaking woman ever!

by Anonymousreply 4206/22/2011

Veronica Lake, slightly younger than Gene and Ava, was pretty hot too.

She is practically forgotten today by the general public.

During WWII, she was one of the HOTTEST ingenues in Hollywood but she fizzled almost completely by the end of the '40s.

Trivia: Jessica Rabbit's "peek-a-boo" hair style was lifted directly from Miss Lake's signature look.

by Anonymousreply 4306/22/2011

Veronica Lake has such a miserable life, and died of alcoholism at only 49.

by Anonymousreply 4406/22/2011

Joan Bennett had a beauty that was at its most luminous when she was "in movement," meaning to see her move, emote, walk in a film. Just breathtaking.

Grace Kelly had a static beauty, to me. The planes of her face were perfect and patrician. But it wasn't lush, voluptuous with rich texture. She was a porcelain goddess.

Gene Tierney had a vulnerability in her eyes that made her mesmerizing. Her beauty broke your heart.

by Anonymousreply 4506/22/2011

I proclaim R45 the Maryest Mary that ever Maryed!

by Anonymousreply 4606/22/2011

[quote]Joan Bennett had a beauty that was at its most luminous when she was "in movement," meaning to see her move, emote, walk in a film. Just breathtaking.

Never was "Mary!" more richly earned.

by Anonymousreply 4706/22/2011

Better to be breathtaking rather than heart breaking.

Suck it up, Tierney!

by Anonymousreply 4806/22/2011

I don't know why OP chose these three, but of the 40s THE beauty of the day was named Hedy. %0D %0D btw Joan Bennett (like her sister Constance) was a natural blonde but dyed her hair black to copy Hedy's hairstyle. %0D %0D The other great beauty of the time was Vivien Leigh, and it's interesting Vivien and Hedy and Gene all had similar coloring. So of the three listed by OP I'd vote for Gene.

by Anonymousreply 4906/22/2011

[quote]Trivia: Jessica Rabbit's "peek-a-boo" hair style was lifted directly from Miss Lake's signature look.

More trivia. She cut her hair at the request of the Government because they didn't want the women working in factories during the war to have accidents because their Veronica Lake hairstyles fell into machinery and/or obscured their vision.

She cut it, and her career went into a tailspin from which it never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 5006/22/2011

"The other great beauty of the time was Vivien Leigh, and it's interesting Vivien and Hedy and Gene all had similar coloring. So of the three listed by OP I'd vote for Gene."%0D %0D Slap my ass and call my "MARY", but...%0D %0D While the average woman looks prettier with blonde hair, most of the greatest screen beauties have dark hair. Hedy Lamarr, Liz Taylor, Gene Tierney, Vivien Leigh, Louise Brooks, etc. Dark hair seems to set off perfect bone structure better than fair.

by Anonymousreply 5106/22/2011

Of the three you mention, Gene Tierney. Ava Gardner would also be in the running.

by Anonymousreply 5206/22/2011

Gene Tierney.

But the one I'd most like to have a beer with is Joan Bennett.

by Anonymousreply 5306/23/2011

R50, the hair cut also revealed that her face was kind of plain and uninteresting. %0D %0D Speaking of which, I never got the whole Grace Kelly obsession. She's pretty but like the best looking woman at the country club. Her sexuality was always a very prim one. She's lucky she was around in the 50s, if it were the 30s, she'd constantly be losing the leading man to Lombard, Dunne, Stanwyck or some other more interesting star. %0D %0D Tierney was stunning. %0D %0D This is a very random trio. Why these three, OP?

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2011

[quote]Speaking of which, I never got the whole Grace Kelly obsession. She's pretty but like the best looking woman at the country club.

That's a very good way to put it, R50.

She was an excellent blank canvas--you could decorate her with stylish clothing and jewelry, and then carefully arrange her in just the right pose and she pulled it off wonderfully. She came to life. Scrub her face and put her in an old terrycloth bathrobe and no one would have looked twice.

You can say that's why the call it acting, but she never had any real personality of her own.

by Anonymousreply 5506/23/2011

Grace Kelly but I also think Constance Bennett was prettiest of the Bennett sisters (sorry Joan's grandkid).

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2011

I prefer Ingrid Bergman to Kelly. I think part of it is Bergman's voice, and she also projected more of a warmth and a broader range of emotions.

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2011

Veronica Lake really comes across in movies. She's not remarkably talented, but she has a very charming, low-key manner. I think she was very difficult on the set or was uncomfortable with the movie star life.

by Anonymousreply 5806/23/2011

Where does Rita Hayworth fit in with these other ladies? %0D %0D She was the biggest sex symbol and most adored female star of the 1940s but she's kind of forgotten today because she made so few classic films.

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2011

Grace Kelly was so elegant gorgeous and divine looking BUT Gene was goddess.I don't think there's been as gorgeous or as fabulous looking woman since her.

by Anonymousreply 6006/23/2011

Grace Kelly, no contest.%0D %0D Love R5's answer!

by Anonymousreply 6206/23/2011

Wouldn't you love to have been in Mexico on the location of Night of the Iquana with Burton, Eva Gardiner and Debra Kerr... Elizabeth Taylor in residence with Burton. Eva and Elizabeth- two of the most beautiful (women ever anywhere) least vain and most fun and raucous down to earth broads in Hollywood knocking back the cocktails, getting tan, and sparring with Burton etc. Talk about glamour.

by Anonymousreply 6306/23/2011

that pic of young Joan is beautiful! she was a bit stuffy for me though - Grace was the classic beauty, but Gene Tierney had an exotic edge I prefer ...

by Anonymousreply 6406/23/2011

Grace Kelly was more beautiful. Not a bad angle on her. Gene Tierney was next.%0D %0D I never got the ice princess thing from Kelly. She was very sensuous looking, and by reputation a hot sex fiend.

by Anonymousreply 6506/23/2011

totally, R63- that must have been a blast. and FUCK yeah, kelly was sexy!!!all you had to do was look at her mischievous, smouldering eyes to get an idea of what was going on inside that gorgeous, naughty head of hers. LOVE HUH!!!

by Anonymousreply 6706/23/2011

My grandmother often said she lived in Constance's shadow.

by Anonymousreply 6806/23/2011

I watched Gene Tierney in The Razor's Edge tonight on PBS. She was stunning.

by Anonymousreply 6907/24/2011

R63, you are not Charlie. and they ban people here for impersonation.

by Anonymousreply 7007/24/2011

Grace Kelly. Gene Tierney's overbite kept her in the "interestingly gorgeous and you could always get that pop bottle opened easily" category. Joan Bennett had that nose.

by Anonymousreply 7107/24/2011

Maryness or whatever, R45 pens successfully what most cannot.

by Anonymousreply 7207/24/2011

You left out Barbara O'Neil who played Scarlet's mother and Charles Boyer's vindictive wife in All This and Heaven, Too. She was unbelievably gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 7307/24/2011

How can anyone not put Angie in the all time beauty list? I am not a "Brangloonie" or whatever. I don't even care about her. But she is fucking gorgeous. Or she was.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 7407/24/2011

Grace Kelly by a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 7507/24/2011

Grace, then Gene, then Joan. Joan was still stunning, though. Here's a documentary about Gene:

by Anonymousreply 7610/03/2012

Gene Tierney

by Anonymousreply 7710/03/2012

Gene Tierney, hands down, thread CLOSED.

Grace was pretty, but somewhat generic. Joan was cute...although the terminal case of bitchface didn't do her any favors!

by Anonymousreply 7810/03/2012

Gene Tierney thread closed!

by Anonymousreply 7910/03/2012

R1 (asshole) Life is about learning. In this day and age of the internet, there's no excuse for the stupidity you express.

Not knowing who Gene Tierney means you never saw Laura, don't know Otto Preminger ... just a scratch on your stupid hide.

Remove yourself. You're beyond an idiot. Gene Tierney judges your ass as you lumber away

by Anonymousreply 8010/03/2012

Gene Tierney. Gifted with such exceptional beauty, and yet was so unhappy and unlucky.

by Anonymousreply 8110/03/2012

I love u, R80.

by Anonymousreply 8210/03/2012

I thought Rita Hayworth was drab. She had masculine, bland features. She tossed her hair back in Gilda and was proclaimed a sex symbol. That was it, her hair.

by Anonymousreply 8310/03/2012

Interesting info about Veronica Lake's hairstyle. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 8410/03/2012

I completely agree, R83. Something was off about her face.

by Anonymousreply 8510/03/2012

I also love r80. Oh, and Gene Tierney for me. Achingly, hauntingly, heartrbreakingly beautiful. Never a more perfect actress for a perfect role than Laura. "It was Laura, but she's only a dream."

by Anonymousreply 8610/03/2012

Was Jessica Rabbit based on any other women(loosely so, or even non actresses)? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 8710/03/2012

Why was Gene Tierney viewed as being mental, fragile, and vulnerable?

by Anonymousreply 8810/03/2012

Facewise, Merle Oberon had them all beat. But she was a big chunky with rather emphatic hips.

Jennifer Jones was another all-American beauty with an exotic hothouse flower streak.

But Gene Tierney was lovely, absolutely lovely. Look at her in color films like Leave Her to Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 8910/03/2012

Tierney is the most beautiful.

I always thought Constance was better looking than Joan

by Anonymousreply 9010/03/2012

Numero Uno:

by Anonymousreply 9110/03/2012

Few scenes in film can top when Grace glides onto the screen in Rear Window. Stunning. Though IMO Ava makes them all look common.

by Anonymousreply 9210/03/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 9310/04/2012

I have a special affection for Gene Tierney because my mom looked a lot like her, and copied her look. If you look at pictures of Tierney carefully, you see her lips are very overpainted. In casual pictures off the set, they are much thinner, and she has an overbite.

by Anonymousreply 9410/04/2012

Gene Tierney owns this thread. She bought it in cash, paid her taxes as soon as she received the bill in the mail, and will not sublet it to the likes of Joan Bennett or Grace Kelly anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 9510/04/2012

Tierney's overbite didn't hurt her looks at all.

by Anonymousreply 9610/04/2012

Grace Kelly puts me to sleep.

Tierney was intriguing.

Bennett was ok - kind of a cipher to me.

by Anonymousreply 9710/04/2012

[quote] Rita Hayworth ... had masculine, bland features.

Speaking of masculine features, I saw this photo of Kaye Ballard and thought it was Eddie Izzard.

by Anonymousreply 9810/05/2012

Gene Tierney. She not only had classic good looks, her eyes were amazingly expressive.

Grace Kelly is pretty enough but rather boring.

Joan Bennett had very interesting looks.

by Anonymousreply 9910/05/2012

None of them had the natural female beauty of Cillian Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 10010/05/2012

Iierney. And I'd take Joan over Grace any day. Grace was COLD.

by Anonymousreply 10110/05/2012

To Joan's Grandkid:

Did your grandmother ever describe what Ava Gardner was like?

by Anonymousreply 10210/05/2012

Gene Tierney should have won 1,000 Oscars for "Leave Her to Heaven."

by Anonymousreply 10310/05/2012

Joan Bennett was far more versatile than Kelly or Tierney and even most of her contemporaries.

She played ingenues, vamps, haughty ladies, tramps, dowagers and perfect mothers throughout a very long and successful career.

by Anonymousreply 10410/05/2012

All of them played the field. Loyalty was an unknown word to them at certain times.

by Anonymousreply 10502/26/2013

Connie.

by Anonymousreply 10602/26/2013

Gene Tierney and Grace Kelly...both of them. Grace had the light of the sun rays and Gene the light of the moon.

Gene had a more melancholic beauty. There was something haunted in her.

by Anonymousreply 10703/05/2013

Grace Kelly certainly wasn't cold in Rear Window. I guess it's her colouring that makes people put her in the "Ice Queen" category.

by Anonymousreply 10803/05/2013

Actor Darryl Hickman in the commentary of 'Leave Her To Heaven' made some very interesting comments about Gene and everyone during the film. He said that Gene Tierney was often very cold to him and Cornel Wilde and that she was emotionally distant from everyone on set. He remarked that she was a beautiful woman but not an excellent actress. He said while she was talented she was not one of the greats because of her lack of connection with the other actors.

By the way, Gene Tierney was Oscar-nominated for that role. Personally, i liked her performance a lot. But yes, she seemed cold in a way...

by Anonymousreply 10903/12/2013

One of the moments i really enjoyed in 'The Egyptian' was that in 5:43-6:09 in the link below. God, i loved Gene Tierney's displeasure and coldness in that scene, perfect moment, lol!

by Anonymousreply 11003/12/2013

n 1979, Tierney published her memoirs, detailing her cherished childhood memories, her schoolgirl years abroad, her triumphs on Broadway and in Hollywood, and the nightmare years of her descent into mental illness. Lured out of retirement yet again, she signed on to play lesbian magazine publisher Harriet Toppingham in the CBS miniseries "Scruples" (1980), based on the best-selling novel by Judith Krantz. The following year, Howard Lee died. Tierney remained in Houston for the next decade, during which time she was diagnosed with emphysema, which she developed from a lifelong cigarette habit adopted in Hollywood as a means of lowering the timbre of her speaking voice. Gene Tierney died on Nov. 6, 1991, two weeks shy of what would have been her 71st birthday.

(Actually,when Gene saw herself on screen for the first time, she was horrified by her voice "I sounded like an angry Minnie Mouse." She began smoking to lower her voice, but it came at a great price - she died of emphysema.)

by Anonymousreply 11103/12/2013

Gene Tierney, 1940's

An absolute beauty

by Anonymousreply 11203/13/2013

I'd have to put Gene Tierney and Hedy Lamarr as the top two most beautiful women in cinematic history. However, the all time most sexy and alluring woman in cinema is Monica Bellucci. She's a modern day Helen of Troy.

by Anonymousreply 11303/22/2013

Monica Bellucci and Jada Pinkett -- Lesbian Kiss (Enter the Matrix)

by Anonymousreply 11403/23/2013

For me Gene Tierney's best performance was in 'The Night and the City'. I liked her performance even more that i liked her in 'Leave Her to Heaven'. Very moving role.

by Anonymousreply 11503/23/2013

Gene Tierney's experience with her first child, who was born after Gene had German measles during her pregnancy (caught from a fan who had skipped out on being quarantined to see Tierney during a war bond promotion), scarred her for life. The baby was born with so many problems that she had to be instiutionalized. So that was preying on her mind during filming of Leave Her to Heaven. Would have made me cold and distant as well.

Her autobiography, being upfront about mental illness, is pretty startling. To be that honest in the 50's and 60's was pretty rare.

(Of course being married to Oleg Cassini, who was a big whore, also didn't help. He used the old "I couldn't handle being Mr. Gene Tierney" as an excuse.)

by Anonymousreply 11603/23/2013

Gene.

by Anonymousreply 11703/23/2013

All are gorgeous. Grace is just a little too much perfection for one person. I vote Gene. She had that little something extra that is impossible to name. My favorite Gene picture.

by Anonymousreply 11803/23/2013

Does anybody of you know if Gene bisexual? Although I haven't found anything written for her about that matter, something in her pings...Actually i suspect that she was bisexual but she never 'practiced' her bisexuality.

by Anonymousreply 11903/23/2013

I'm the one that thinks 'Laura',in the final analysis, is not such a masterpiece as it is written? It's too overpraised! Actually 'Fallen Angel' is a better Otto Preminger film noir. It gives more to the viewer. To me, 'Laura' is just a narcissistic piece of a film.

I like Gene Tierney though. That's a different thing. My favourite movies with her are:

The Night and the City

Dragonwyck

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

Leave Her to Heaven

Son of Fury: The Story of Benjamin Blake

The Left Hand of God

by Anonymousreply 12003/24/2013

Gene with Rita Hayworth!

by Anonymousreply 12103/24/2013

R120, I'm always afraid that someone is going to remake Ghost and Mrs. Muir because they can do so much more with the ghost image technically these days. The good news is that it's about older people so no producer will want to touch it if they can't star the Twilight fucktards.

by Anonymousreply 12203/24/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 12303/24/2013

You're so amusing, fucktard at 123! It's a bunch of old queens talking about people you don't know about, therefore not important. But yet you waste your precious life posting on this thread as if you're so clever. Keep up the good work!

by Anonymousreply 12403/24/2013

Gene Eliza Tierney is the most beautiful woman of all time.

by Anonymousreply 12506/03/2013

I remember Joan Bennett from Dark Shadows. I had no idea she was such a great beauty in her youth. I actually resemble a middle-aged JB in drag for some odd reason.

by Anonymousreply 12606/03/2013

Gene Tierney was a great beauty, but i think that Grace was and still is the most beautiful woman that made it in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 12706/03/2013

Tierney's overbite left her "gorgeously interesting" but not a classic beauty. Joan Bennett was lovely with the right makeup but plain otherwise. Grace Kelly was the signal beauty of her era.

by Anonymousreply 12806/03/2013

I prefer Vivien Leigh and young Liz Taylor. And I don't believe Joan Bennett was a "natural blonde."

Almost no one is, except a few Scandinavians, I guess, like Liv Ullman and Bibi Andersson, who weren't chopped liver btw, but true blondes don't age well.

Liz didn't either, and Vivien developed a harshness (along with worsening TB that killed her in her 50's because she wouldn't stop chain smoking - her manic depression didn't help either)

by Anonymousreply 12906/03/2013

Tierney - I like brunettes. I think it was the famous editor of Vouge, Diana Vreeland, who said that side , by side, a brunette will always be more beautiful than a blonde. I agree.

by Anonymousreply 13006/03/2013

Gene Tierney as it seems was more honest with her feelings than Grace. The fact that Grace married Rainier was a rather cold act from her side. She wasn't as liberal as she hoped that she was or that she could be. She didn't give time with the romances of her life. They all were short-lived

by Anonymousreply 13106/15/2013

A woman like Grace could have whoever man she wanted. She screwed her chances in the matters of the heart, she couldn't get deep, she was always in a hurry and she always was too critical. She was the enemy of her heart from the start.

by Anonymousreply 13206/15/2013

Even though Gene is stunning, she wasn't as beautiful as Grace Kelly is. Grace ir really the epitome of beauty, she's perfection. The classiest woman ever. She's a Goddes

by Anonymousreply 13307/12/2013

Both Gene Tierney and Grace Kelly came from rich families. I don't know about Joan Bennett. I know her, but i don't know about her a lot.

by Anonymousreply 13403/20/2014

Gene...and I didn't even have to think about it.

She had a very special beauty.

by Anonymousreply 13503/20/2014

Just this image alone could arguably win Gene the title of "Most Beautiful Woman Who Ever Lived"...and she looked even better in movement.

According to her ex-husband Oleg Cassini Gene was even BETTER looking in person...he called her a "perfect genetic model".

by Anonymousreply 13603/20/2014

R83. & R85. are fucked in the head. Saying Rita was "bland" destroys any credibilty they have as she was undoubtedly the all-around most exciting female star of her day. Rita was inarguably gorgeous and what she lacked in terms of perfection of features(which isn't much dearie,it isn't much)she MORE than made up for with pure, unadulterated SEXINESS.

by Anonymousreply 13703/20/2014

I don't know if Gene Tierney was more beautiful than gorgeous Grace Kelly (that is under discussion, because Kelly was pure magic), but i believe and feel that Gene was more sexy.

by Anonymousreply 13803/20/2014

Most beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 13903/20/2014

Ava Gardner

by Anonymousreply 14003/20/2014

I've always thought Gene Tierney was stunning. She was so exotic and oozed sex appeal. She was a talented actress as well. My favorite of all her movies is 'Leave Her to Heaven' - she played evil perfectly!

by Anonymousreply 14103/20/2014

The name Gene must have been fairly uncommon (in that spelling) when Gene made it in Hollywood.

Were men more commonly named Gene back then or were they all Eugenes?

Was Gene her real first name?

Whatever the answers, Gene never became a popular name for American=born baby girls.

But then neither did Lana, Hedy, Ava or Rita.

by Anonymousreply 14203/20/2014

An excellent 1979 interview with Gene Tierney, who was promoting her autobiography on The Mike Douglas Show.

by Anonymousreply 14305/03/2015

Joan aged well though all three are beautiful.

Joan looks very classy and upper crust in those old Dark Shadows reruns. She was beloved by her cast in that show. She always said they had no time to prepare or memorize lines, it was all rushed and no retakes unless someone swore.

Gene is breathtaking as Mrs. Muir.

Grace is always pretty but seemed a bit cunty.

by Anonymousreply 14405/03/2015

Grace was more beautiful, but Gene was more luscious. As it comes to Joan, i haven't seen her in a movie yet...so, i shut up.

by Anonymousreply 14505/03/2015

Grace. Plus she was slutty, I love that about her.

by Anonymousreply 14605/03/2015

Gene Tierney. Hauntingly beautiful. Glues me to the screen.

Although she can look attractive, I don't consider Joan Bennett beautiful at all. I do enjoy her very much as an actress and have watched some gawdawful movies because she was in them.

Which is more than I can say for Grace Kelly. She's very pretty but so insipid. I avoid her movies.

by Anonymousreply 14705/03/2015
Need more help? Click Here.