Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Brooke Shields: The Actress

She's stepping into "The Addams Family" later this month. But I don't think there's been a thread on her. She's had one of the more interesting careers.%0D %0D But you have to admit that she improved acting wise as she got older. People who saw her in Chicago said she was magnificent.

by Anonymousreply 15806/05/2015

Musto is a drip.

by Anonymousreply 206/13/2011

Brooke Shields is a woman of many (mediocre) talents.

by Anonymousreply 306/13/2011

Got decent reviews when she took over for Donna Murphy in Wonderful Town. Sounded awful during the opening last night, but I'd give her the ben of the doubt on that one.

by Anonymousreply 406/13/2011

[quote]Brooke Shields: The Actress

You're a generous man, OP.

by Anonymousreply 506/13/2011

Shields was OK in "Grease", better in "Chicago", better still in "Cabaret", and terrific in "Wonderful Town".

After Brooke's London Times' Op-Ed piece (brief excerpt below), who can help but love her?

"I feel compelled to speak not just for myself but also for the hundreds of thousands of women who have suffered from postpartum depression. While Mr. Cruise says that... (we) do not "understand the history of psychiatry," I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Mr. Cruise has never suffered from postpartum depression.... comments like those made by Tom Cruise are a disservice to mothers everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 606/13/2011

She gave a great performance in that commercial for the medication that will help your eyelashes grow longer.

by Anonymousreply 706/13/2011

She was the most hilarious Sally Bowles I've ever seen. She had the audience rolling in the aisles from her first moments.

by Anonymousreply 806/13/2011

OP, thinks for reminding us of her current profession. I keep thinking she's a faded model who's still riding on the fumes of a jeans commercial that aired in the early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 906/13/2011

I believe that was, in fact, career move three, or more, for Shields, R9. She'd worked as a model for Scavullo before her first birthday, and was praised for her performance in "Pretty Baby", which was filmed when she was eleven. She was fourteen when was in the Calvin Klein ads you've referenced.

To date, she's also graduated from Princeton, written a best-seller, made around thirty-five films, had an almost equal number of TV roles, (including three series), starred on Broadway four times and appeared on-stage in London.

Please let us know about your own illustrious career.

by Anonymousreply 1006/13/2011

And her lazy boy adds put Olivier to shame!%0D %0D TO SHAME!!

by Anonymousreply 1106/13/2011

I heard her mother Terri is senile and in a home in Joisey.

by Anonymousreply 1206/13/2011

She got fantastic reviews playing a lesbian in the movie 'What Makes A Family'

by Anonymousreply 1306/13/2011

They are doing a sequel to the movie that made her famous. Pretty Granny due to hit theaters in 2012!

by Anonymousreply 1406/13/2011

Her best role ever: Freeway

by Anonymousreply 1506/13/2011

One would hope that any well-known actor who'd called her deep roots in the gay community "the proudest part of my life", would be more respected here.

by Anonymousreply 1606/13/2011

She is more respected in the gay community. This is the DL. There is a HUGE difference.

by Anonymousreply 1706/13/2011

She has vastly improved as an actress and took the advice of many and took acting lessons. Hello! January Jones, are you listening?

by Anonymousreply 1806/13/2011

I thought she was quite good in that "Lipstick Jungle" series a few years ago.

Unfortunately, it got easily mixed up with the horrendous "Cashmere Mafia" and got shitcanned early.

by Anonymousreply 1906/13/2011

Baba Wawa and Bwooke.

by Anonymousreply 2006/13/2011

I've always liked Brooke, but she has had her share of wooden performances.

by Anonymousreply 2106/13/2011

She couldn't remember the line she was supposed to sing on the Tony awards opening. Later she got bleeped - was it an F-bomb?%0D %0D She needs to pack it in and just go home.

by Anonymousreply 2206/13/2011

She's done stellar work as a beard over the years.

by Anonymousreply 2306/13/2011

Saw her walking around Georgetown in a scarf wrapped around her head & huge sunglasses - at night. She went into an ice cream shop & removed them. She is rather tall.

by Anonymousreply 2406/13/2011

I posted earlier about her hilarious performance in CABARET. She was pretty bad. But to say something nice, she's much prettier in person. I saw her on the street and was stunned at how good she looked. Much less mannish, much softer and quite beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2506/13/2011

I met her at a party a couple of years ago and agree that she is much prettier in person. Plus she was very sweet and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 2606/13/2011

She was so stunning as a teenager but unlike Elizabeth Taylor,that did not translate into adulthood. Everytime I see her, I think how badly she aged compared to her beautiful 16 year old self.%0D %0D As for Cruise, Shields caved in on that one. She didn't have the guts to really take on the Scienos.

by Anonymousreply 2706/13/2011

The Musto BI isn't Brooke as she hasn't even opened yet in Addams Family (scheduled for June 28th)

by Anonymousreply 2806/13/2011

She was, for me, a better fit for Wonderful Town than Donna Murphy. She is better at being goofy than she is at any kind of sophisticated work.

by Anonymousreply 2906/13/2011

How did such an ugly mother produce such a stunningly beautiful child?

by Anonymousreply 3006/13/2011

Betty Comden, a friend of mine in her later years, said she liked Brooke better than Donna Murphy in Wonderful Town. Betty thought Brooke got all her laughs. That's high praise.

by Anonymousreply 3106/14/2011

I remember when I first saw her in an advertisement (I think for Colgate or Crest) she was still a child. Unbelievably stunning. Just a beautiful, beautiful child.

It is weird that with such good features she didn't carry it through to adulthood. She's still beautiful by most people's standards - but not jaw dropping gorgeous like I thought she would be.

by Anonymousreply 3206/14/2011

That's true, R31, and Betty would know. Saw Shields in the role more than once, she was SOOO much better than Donna in every way.

Plus the show had its best financial weeks during Brooke's tenure.

Now why didn't they send out that rumored national company with Lucie Arnaz?

by Anonymousreply 3306/14/2011

She has the eyebrows to play Cousin Itt.

by Anonymousreply 3406/14/2011

Brooke Shields: The Actress?? opposed to the panty liner??%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3506/14/2011

I'm surprised she gets work. She always give off the vibe of trying really hard but never delivering. I can only guess a lot of people grew up with her and are curious how she turned out.

by Anonymousreply 3606/14/2011

She made the mistake of taking time off to attend college. It was a noble gesture- I mean, JODIE did it. But wrong for Brooke. She lost momentum, didn't study acting. Kudos to her for salvaging a career that could have disappeared at 17.

by Anonymousreply 3706/14/2011

Brooke Shields: The Actress????%0D %0D as opposed to Brooke Shields: The Anti-histamine?

by Anonymousreply 3806/14/2011

It's funny how no-talent, unknown assholes enjoy taking anonymous pokes at someone who's had more success in one year than they will in their entire miserable lives.

by Anonymousreply 3906/14/2011

I don't know I worked behind the scenes fo Broadway shows and I heard how great she was in "Wonderful Town" so when she came into "Chicago" I bit the bullet to sit thru that creaky old mess again and I was so disappointed in her. She was no better than a high school performer you could see on YouTube any day. And as for being nice, I've seen her on more than one occasion do the fake talking on the phone routine to avoid fans which is hilarious and cold.

by Anonymousreply 4006/14/2011

I miss the old Bob Hope specials. Brooke was wonderful on them.

by Anonymousreply 4104/04/2012

I had Miss Shields on a flight years ago when she was dating Andre Agassi. She was quite stunning and very gracious. Much slimmer in person too (looks big on tv).

by Anonymousreply 4204/04/2012

Lou, she looks like she has beautiful skin.. so, did she?

by Anonymousreply 4304/04/2012

She was gorgeous back in the Agassi days.

by Anonymousreply 4404/04/2012

Lou, another question.. is she mannish looking in person?

by Anonymousreply 4504/04/2012

She's starting to get into Cher "Survivor" status, I swear -- she's been around, since, what 1976 and keeps re-inventing herself, never really goes away.

I mean, I know it's not Malle and "Pretty Baby" but she's damn funny as the trashy neighor on "The Middle". I even liked her as a guest judge on "Project Runway". Icon status and she's still got a long way to go.

(I know, I know, I sound like her press agent. But she really has been around forever and I like her.)

by Anonymousreply 4604/05/2012

R43. She boarded the flight in SFO, had just flown in from Tokyo and we were flying to Washington Dulles. She was wearing a casual sweats outfit but still looked great. No attitude, very personable. She was sitting next to some Walter Mitty nerdy type and was busy reading scripts but was friendly and stopped to talk with this guy and answer his nerdy questions. Gave him something to tell his grandchildren. About an hour before landing she went into the lav and changed into a beautiful outfit and put on make-up. She came out looking stunning. Really a lovely person. And yes her skin, and everything about her was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4704/05/2012

R45. She was very tall and I was surprised she was slimmer looking than she appears on tv. (her ass looked big on tv). Not mannish, very beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4804/05/2012

r46, who can really say they don't like her.

Maybe they don't think she is a great actress, but she is a very nice person.

I prefer her to have success than Kim Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 4904/05/2012

cool Lou, thanks for the gossip!

by Anonymousreply 5004/05/2012

Thanks Lou! I never thought her ass looked overly big.

by Anonymousreply 5104/05/2012

I thought she was really moving in Cabaret, funny in Wonderful Town, and trashy/campy in Grease.

I also liked Lipstick Jungle and was sorry it was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 5204/05/2012

I even thought she was funny in Suddenly Susan.

by Anonymousreply 5304/05/2012

Brooke Shields has been famous forever, she was the Face of the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 5404/05/2012

Plus, she lost her virginity to Dean Cain at Princeton.

by Anonymousreply 5504/05/2012

Oh, my!

by Anonymousreply 5604/05/2012

To Dean? Really? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 5704/05/2012

The funniest thing I ever saw was some Lifetime movie (based on a true story) where she played a woman being stalked by her co-worker played by "John Boy" (forget his name).

She's doing a scene where she's crying as she's standing with her back against an office door and she goes down to the ground... and you see the reflection of the cameraman going down with her.

by Anonymousreply 5804/05/2012

More recently

by Anonymousreply 6004/05/2012

She's hysterical as the horrible trash neighbor on The Middle - hope they have her back.

by Anonymousreply 6104/05/2012

Women with angular or large features (square jaw, long chin, etc) usually look better in person. I was shocked (SHOCKED!!) at how much better looking Tori Spelling was in person. It's crazy how the camera can make certain features look bigger or "off" somehow. Another actress I saw years ago who looked much softer in person was SJP. And Celine Dion as well. It's kind of weird.

by Anonymousreply 6204/05/2012

Short clip from suddenly Susan

by Anonymousreply 6304/05/2012

Brooke recently moved into the neigborhood. Saw her on the street. Looks good for her age.

by Anonymousreply 6404/05/2012

She was also a good sport in that killer movie with Reese Witherspoon and Keifer Sutherland.

by Anonymousreply 6504/05/2012

Brooke in 1985 (age 20) with The Muppets

by Anonymousreply 6604/05/2012

I like her. She did a good job playing Cherry Jones' lesbian lover in that TV movie. She gets her good looks from her dad,BTW, not her fuggo mother.

by Anonymousreply 6704/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 6804/05/2012

She's always been more of a celebrity than an actress.

She was grotesquely promoted as a sex symbol while she was still a little girl. Her crazy mother had her posing nude while she was still a child. I can remember seeing a photo of her, her face painted like a whore's, a little girl standing nude in a bathtub (I think that's how she was posed). The pictures were displayed in a window, and Terri Shields sued to have them removed, but lost because she'd signed release papers and had no legal recourse. She was quite the pimp.

As a child and teenager she was built up as a sex symbol ("What comes between me and my Calvins? Nothng"). At 12, she played a child prostitute in "Pretty Baby" and made a big splash. She had two other movie successes afer that, both teen sex movies, both of them very bad: "The Blue Lagoon" and "Endless Love." After her teen years her movie career tanked, due to her lack of talent and aging out of her tittilating teen sex object image.

She got accepted to Princeton despite low SAT scores and graduated despite not having completely the requisite math and science credits.

Her marriage to Andre Agassi flopped. His memoir depicted her as shallow, none too intelligent and obsessed with her career.

Over the years, she's lost her fragile young girl beauty and aged into a trannyesque, hard looking woman.

One word could best be used to decribe her: mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 6904/07/2012

R69= Lindsey Lohan

by Anonymousreply 7004/07/2012

Brooke Shields has always been a big supporter of our gays. r69, you must be really pleasant at parties.

by Anonymousreply 7104/07/2012

Guess she got out of Leap of Faith while the getting was good.

by Anonymousreply 7204/07/2012

Brooke Shields first magazine cover.

by Anonymousreply 7304/07/2012

I like Brooke Shields with her natural light auburn color, rather than the dark that she's wearing now. Brooke looks more softer with lighter hair.

by Anonymousreply 7404/07/2012

Agassi was/is a big homophobe. Shields had a lot of gay male friends and Agassi hated them all.

Shields turned out remarkably well given how her mother ran her career. She got college educated and never slipped into a party lifestyle. Another one Lindsay would be wise to seek counsel from.

by Anonymousreply 7504/07/2012

[quote]Her marriage to Andre Agassi flopped. His memoir depicted her as shallow, none too intelligent and obsessed with her career.

You know what they say: it's not what's said, but who says it. Agassi is a shit. He tested positive for drugs while on tour, but he blamed someone in his team for it, and ATP swept it under the carpet. He was a celebrity whore, which is why he chose to marry Shields in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 7604/07/2012

Wasn't Agassi in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 7704/07/2012

Wow R69. They way you wrote that tells me much more about you than it does about Brooke.

by Anonymousreply 7804/07/2012

"What Makes A Family" has been uploaded on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 7904/07/2012

She did a shitload of [italic]Vogue[/italic] covers in the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 8004/07/2012

Brooke winning PCA for Suddenly Susan. She seems very gracious.

by Anonymousreply 8104/07/2012

[quote]As for Cruise, Shields caved in on that one. She didn't have the guts to really take on the Scienos.

How did Shields "cave"? Cruise apologized to her.

by Anonymousreply 8204/07/2012

Her smackdown of Cruise made me respect Brooke even more.

by Anonymousreply 8304/07/2012

Brooke on a Bob Hope special age 18

by Anonymousreply 8409/10/2012

When I was younger I used to fantasize about having Brooke Shields as a close friend. I used put my stereo headphones on, listen to some Bee Gees, and daydream about bringing her to my junior high school. I remember visualizing bringing her to meet my History teacher and how he sat as his desk smiling as I brought her into the classroom at the end of the school day.

by Anonymousreply 8509/29/2012

Brooke is not an actress. Never was and never will be.

by Anonymousreply 8609/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 8709/29/2012

R86 - Wrong. She's had pretty good success in film, TV, and the stage.

by Anonymousreply 8809/29/2012

"Wrong. She's had pretty good success in film, TV, and the stage."

Not really. She had a few hit movies when she was being promoted as child/teen sex symbol (Pretty Baby, The Blue Lagoon, Endless Love). But when she became an adult her film career quickly tanked. She then turned to tv, doing a stupid sitcom, Lifetime movies, that kind of thing. She does theater, but I've never heard her much praised for it. She's not much of an actress.

She bearded for Michael Jackson for several years. She loved the publicity it got her. But she backed off when it became more and more obvious that Jackson's preference was for little boys. For a while when asked about him she'd say "I love him dearly." But she tried to distance herself when it became clear to her it would generate BAD publicity to be connected with Michael Jackson, so when she was asked about her relationship with him she'd say...nothing. She'd been estranged from him for many years by the time he died, but that didn't stop her from being featured prominently in the televised memorial thing that was done for him. She was all weepy and devastated with grief over the loss of her "dear friend." What a bullshit act!

by Anonymousreply 8909/29/2012

She was great in "Pretty Baby" getting her "cherry busted." And the part where she was concocting some drug mixture for the ancient madam.

by Anonymousreply 9009/29/2012

Suddenly Susan lasted several seasons, and Brooke was quite good on the show. I was surprised by how well she handled the physical comedy. She was also very good in her guest appearances on Friends and other shows.

Her film career as an adult wasn't that bad. She's no Meryl, but she has had a number of pretty good movies.

Whatever her relationship with MJ is not relevant to her quality as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 9109/29/2012

She showed grit in her best performance as a lesbian mom in 'What Makes a Family'

by Anonymousreply 9209/29/2012

This is PR hack bullshit...magnificent???

by Anonymousreply 9309/29/2012

Brooke accepting People's Choice for Suddenly Susan

by Anonymousreply 9409/29/2012

And from the series finale

by Anonymousreply 9509/29/2012

I've hated her since I found out she's an advocate for wearing fur. She appeared in some pro-fur documentary or something. Her quote about it was something like "at least it's something beautiful in this ugly world." This talentless cunt gets rich on the mere coincidence of being born beautiful, and has the nerve to call the world ugly? Promoting animal cruelty is the only way the pampered nitwit can find happiness? r69 is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 9609/29/2012

[quote]She bearded for Michael Jackson for several years

Brooke also bearded for George Michael

by Anonymousreply 9709/30/2012

"Her film career as an adult wasn't that bad. She's no Meryl, but she has had a number of pretty good movies."

Like WHAT? I can think of only one that was passable: "Pretty Baby", which was directed by Louis Malle, although it's said to be rather dull. Its big gimmick was: "Brooke Shields! Twelve years old! All painted up and playing a baby hooker! And there's a NUDE scene! Wooooooo!" Yes, the sex angle was supposed to be the big attraction. It's pretty gross to think of a 12 year old child promoted as a sex symbol. But hey, look at "Toddlers and Tiaras", all those tiny tots painted up liked hookers and shaking their little bottoms and doing dance moves that simulate a penis going in and out. I guess it appeals to some people.

by Anonymousreply 9809/30/2012

Freeway is excellent. Brenda Starr is not bad. She's also been really good in TV.

by Anonymousreply 9909/30/2012

Clip of Brooke as the trashy neighbor in The Middle.

by Anonymousreply 10010/24/2012

I think Brooke has grown into a very good actress, but her best performance was in "Pretty Baby". And, she loves her gays!

by Anonymousreply 10110/24/2012

Her best performance was Freeway.

by Anonymousreply 10210/25/2012

Her best performance was Mrs. Agassi.

by Anonymousreply 10310/25/2012

Shields was OK in "Grease", better in "Chicago", better still in "Cabaret", and terrific in "Wonderful Town".

by Anonymousreply 10410/25/2012

R103 - touche'

by Anonymousreply 10510/25/2012

The face of the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 10610/25/2012

It was unfortunate that Brenda Starr was delayed so long. Brooke was good in it.

by Anonymousreply 10712/22/2012

I agree. Brooke was wonderful in Brenda Starr!

by Anonymousreply 10812/22/2012

Bitch had Dean Cain between her legs. It's all down hill after that.

by Anonymousreply 10912/22/2012

On Farm Film Report....well, she's kinda pretty....

by Anonymousreply 11012/22/2012

Me and Joyce DeWitt used to take turns finger banging her.

by Anonymousreply 11112/22/2012

Brooke with her mother and Tip O'Neill on an old episode of "The Brooke Shields Show."

Highlights include Brooke singing Devo's "Crack That Whip!"

by Anonymousreply 11212/22/2012

Brooke and Dean

by Anonymousreply 11312/22/2012

Is that Catherine O'Hara as Brooks R110?

by Anonymousreply 11412/22/2012

Yep, that's O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 11512/22/2012

With Rick Springfield on Suddenly Susan.

by Anonymousreply 11612/23/2012

Getting pied

by Anonymousreply 11712/23/2012

[quote]Brooke with her mother and Tip O'Neill on an old episode of "The Brooke Shields Show."

That was always my favorite skit on Second City.

by Anonymousreply 11812/23/2012

Brooke getting blown-up!

by Anonymousreply 11912/23/2012

Brooke walking in frigid NY in sandals.

by Anonymousreply 12012/23/2012

The girls can't be Brooke's daughters, because they don't look like her.

by Anonymousreply 12112/23/2012

They look just like her when she was a kid, mixed with her husband's looks. As for her sandals, she probably had just gotten a pedicure.

by Anonymousreply 12212/23/2012

Oh, I see.

by Anonymousreply 12312/24/2012

I don't know if it still holds but as a teen, Brooke was bff with DL favorite Lisa Welchel.

by Anonymousreply 12412/24/2012

Was she? R124 Makes sense, but I didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 12512/24/2012

Brooke has a new movie called Hot Flashes. She plays a menopausal woman who gathers her up old basketball team to take on youngsters. Seriously!

by Anonymousreply 12607/29/2013

On Craig Kilbourne. She looks good.

by Anonymousreply 12708/23/2013

She was never much as an actress. Mediocre, at best.

Her movies were awful. She did those stupid "nothing comes between me and my Calvins" commercials. She was promoted as a sex symbol and she wasn't even legal...gross. She bearded for Michael Jackson for years. She was given a degree from Yale despite not taking the requisite math and science courses needed to graduate. And now she looks like a tranny. What is there to like?

by Anonymousreply 12808/23/2013

"She's been getting better as an actor over the past 220 years or so.'

I didn't know her career has spanned 220 years. At any rate, she's better than she was at the beginning, but that isn't saying much.

"Brooke and MJ were at a few events, but they never were presented as a serious couple. It's not quite the same."

They went to more than "a few events" together. Their "love affair" was well-publicized; she was described as being his "girlfriend." She was the one who pursued HIM; he wasn't interested, but she pestered him into taking her to the Grammys. Realizing that it might be good idea to have a very prominent "girlfriend", Michael went with it. I remember some picture of them in a limonsine together; he's clutching her face in one hand and planting a big ol' kiss on her cheek and she has a very pained expression on her face. Later Brooke distanced herself from Michael when he started getting more and more weird. They hadn't seen or spoken to each other in yeras, but she spoke at his memorial service and lapped up the attention.

She was allowed to graduate from Princeton (not Yale, sorry for the mistake) despite not taking the math and science courses normally required for a degree. She was also accepted into Princeton despite low SAT scores. If you're rich and famous, you can go to any college you want and buy a degree.

by Anonymousreply 13008/23/2013

I meant 20, not 220.

Can you show me a source for Brooke getting away with not taking the required courses? And just how low were her scores?

by Anonymousreply 13108/23/2013

She was a hoot on "The Middle" this past season as an obnoxious neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 13208/23/2013

Thanks R132

by Anonymousreply 13308/24/2013

Brooke with Christie Brinkley.

by Anonymousreply 13408/24/2013

Brooke on Suddenly Susan was her in her element - light comedy.

She's like Candace Bergen - no great actress, but can pull off a certain flinty comic charm.

I did find Brooke's "Who Do You Think You Are" episode pretty interesting. Of all the famous people they'd profiled, she had some seriously prestigious lineage - she was a direct descendant of French royalty.

by Anonymousreply 13508/24/2013

This info is from the New York Times concerning the classes Shields took at Princeton:

"She took four courses in French language and five in French literature. She took eight courses in drama-related subjects: three in acting, three in cinema analysis, one in dance, one in contemporary English drama. These accounted for 59 percent of her classroom hours.

She took three semesters of ceramics (10 percent).

She took three courses in psychology - introduction to, abnormal and 'Theories of Psychotherapy' (10 percent).

She had two other English courses - 'Women and the Novel' and 'Victorian Children's Literature' (7 percent).

The other courses, one semester each, were 'Philosophy and the Modern Mind,' 'Comparative Family Systems' (sociology), 'The Self in World Religions' and 'History of Earth and Life' (geology).

That education apparently contained no courses in classical studies (history, philosophy, literature of the ancient world), medieval history, modern history or American history; no hard science (physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy) requiring any kind of lab; no math; no anthropology; no economics; no political science or government; no basic sociology; no world literature; no American literature; no geography; not even computer literacy."

It seems very suspicious that she was allowed to graduate with NO math or science requirements. And THREE semesters of "ceramics?" No doubt she was allowed to graduate with such a soft curriculum because she was rich and famous.

I knew a girl who went to Princeton around the same time Shields did. She said it was common knowledge that Shields didn't make a big splash with her SATS but was accepted into Princeton anyway.

by Anonymousreply 13608/24/2013

R136 - "It seems very suspicious that she was allowed to graduate with NO math or science requirements. " Not proof - just feelings, and no link.

by Anonymousreply 13708/24/2013

[quote]It seems very suspicious that she was allowed to graduate with NO math or science requirements

I wonder if Prince Philip has something to do with the all-too-curious curriculum "requirements" at Princeton?

by Anonymousreply 13808/24/2013

Her SATs weren't low so much as they were lackluster for the Ivies -- I remember [italic]People[/italic] or somesuch reporting them as in the low 1200s. (Jodie Foster, OTOH, scored in the 1400s and got a perfect 800 on her SAT subject test in French.)

by Anonymousreply 13908/24/2013

"Not proof - just feelings, and no link.'"

Oh for craps sake, LOOK IT UP you idiot! I did; that's how I found out. Are you too stupid to search on the internet? You must be as dumb as Brooke Shields.

by Anonymousreply 14008/24/2013

R130, you are completely full of shit. She was NEVER Michael Jackson's girlfriend, no matter what your fantasies are.

She is very bright, having a higher IQ than Jodie Foster. She had to meet the same requirements as anyone else to graduate from Princeton. If she took fewer science or math courses, it is because she tested out of the courses required for her liberal arts major. She graduated with honors with her degree in French literature.

by Anonymousreply 14108/24/2013

I doubt Brooke's IQ is higher than Jodie's - that's not a slam in Brooke, but Jodie is a freakin genius.

by Anonymousreply 14208/24/2013

R137 is exactly why this site sucks now. Stupid, lazy, and a huge brown-nose stalker-fan.

Probably a straight cunt.

by Anonymousreply 14308/26/2013

It's been awhile since we've thought about that quirky character on the box of our favorite childhood cereal, so we're grateful to Brooke Shields for taking us back to the '90s. We're just not sure Brooke is going to be so happy with the association...

Forgive us, but the Army Wives star practically looks like she's wearing a Count Chocula Halloween costume! Though, we'd recommend more of a widow's peak hair piece and some plastic fangs.

by Anonymousreply 14409/24/2013

Looking better than she has been.

by Anonymousreply 14511/14/2013

she should be on The View.

by Anonymousreply 14611/14/2013

She should.

by Anonymousreply 14711/14/2013

Leather becomes her.

by Anonymousreply 14811/14/2013

New hairstyle

by Anonymousreply 14909/18/2014

Love the leather dress.

by Anonymousreply 15009/18/2014

She's looking good for almost fifty.

by Anonymousreply 15109/18/2014

"Peace out! A smiling Brooke Shields, 49, looks youthful as she flips the two-fingered sign while shopping in New York's West Village"

"In August Brooke was named the latest celebrity collaborator for the MAC cosmetics brand and it's just 10 days until her two 'Icon' collections hit the stores.

Both tap into different sides of her personality, she told WWD: 'One was this really fresh-faced, cleaner, daytime look and the other was much more vampy with a big focus on the eyes, and I'm both of these things. I like the natural part of myself, and I like the sexier side, too.'

The result will be MAC's largest Icon collection to date with prices ranging from $17 for a clear brow gel - the star is famous for her distinctive thick eyebrows - to a 16-shade eyeshadow palette at $85.

For those keen to emulate those famous brows, there will also be a brow liner in a muted gray."

by Anonymousreply 15210/10/2014

I always liked her. For someone who's been in the public arena her whole life, considering her controlling mother and no dad and considering her breathtaking beauty everybody reminded her of her whole life, she's incredibly down to earth and normal.

There's a new book she wrote about herself and her mom coming out in November, I think.

by Anonymousreply 15310/10/2014

R153 - I did not know about the book. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 15410/10/2014

r154 It's called "There Was a Little Girl: The Real Story of My Mother and Me" released Nov 18.

[quote]Actress and author of the New York Times bestseller Down Came the Rain, Brooke Shields, explores her relationship with her unforgettable mother, Teri, in her new memoir.

Brooke Shields never had what anyone would consider an ordinary life. She was raised by her Newark-tough single mom, Teri, a woman who loved the world of show business and was often a media sensation all by herself. Brooke's iconic modeling career began by chance when she was only eleven months old, and Teri's skills as both Brooke's mother and manager were formidable. But in private she was troubled and drinking heavily.

As Brooke became an adult the pair made choices and sacrifices that would affect their relationship forever. And when Brooke’s own daughters were born she found that her experience as a mother was shaped in every way by the woman who raised her. But despite the many ups and downs, Brooke was by Teri’s side when she died in 2012, a loving daughter until the end.

Only Brooke knows the truth of the remarkable, difficult, complicated woman who was her mother. And now, in an honest, open memoir about her life growing up, Brooke will reveal stories and feelings that are relatable to anyone who has been a mother or daughter.

I'll wait for reviews to decide if it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 15510/10/2014

She looks really good lately.

by Anonymousreply 15603/17/2015

Gays, seriously, i think that even you like Brooke and you want to wrap your hands around her.

by Anonymousreply 15706/05/2015

Where are my Datalounge friends?

by Anonymousreply 15806/05/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!