Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Celebrity Ghost Stories (US TV show)

I've just been watching this on TV in England.%0D %0D Quite interesting. Celebrities talk about their experiences of their encounters with ghosts. Didn't know any of the celebrities. Made me want to ask you what you think of them.%0D %0D This was my brief impression.%0D %0D Elisabeth Rohm, I'd never seen before. A genuine beauty. A little cold, but likeable. Can imagine straight guys falling for her, en masse.%0D %0D Eric Roberts. For some reason I don't trust him. He looks like he's putting on an act all the time. Hiding something. Almost very good looking...but doesn't quite make it.%0D %0D C Thomas Howell. Nerdy, annoying, needy. Means well.%0D %0D Carnie Wilson, BIG issues. Unhappy soul, but she's trying.

by Anonymousreply 4109/30/2014

Has anybody here had religious visions? Almost everyone in my family has and I'm wondering if they're as common as I suspect they are. Example: My Mom and Brother were at church and a woman approached them both. She gave her name and everything. She walked out of the church with them and my dad, who was agnostic and waiting in the car, saw them with a man in white robes. Nobody present in the church saw my Mom and brother with anyone male or female. %0D %0D My aunt recently went to church and was surprised to find a priest, who had been crippled and sick, in the pew before her with a couple of other people she didn't reccognize. When it came time for Communion she was again surprised that the priest, who had always used a walker, walk up to the altar under his own power. She mentioned this to her husband when she got home from church only to be told that he had died two months prior. %0D %0D I've also had experiences of a more demonic nature that played themselves out in the presence of both my mother and my doctor. %0D %0D I'm not a religious person. None of us have any special attraction to the supernatural, but these things have happened nonetheless. I don't really care about explanations, but I'm curious if such things are commonplace.

by Anonymousreply 106/07/2011

In the two years so far Joan Rivers and carrie Fisher tell the best stories. Some seem like flat out dreams.

by Anonymousreply 206/07/2011

[quote]In the two years so far Joan Rivers and carrie Fisher tell the best stories%0D %0D I agree. Apparently now Joan wants to sell her apt. and it might be tricky now she's been on TV saying it's haunted.%0D %0D 'With twenty-five million dollars possibly on the line, is Rivers required to inform prospective buyers about Mrs. Spencer?'%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 406/09/2011

Joan Collins' ghost encounter in Venice, Italy is the best.

by Anonymousreply 506/09/2011

OMG, that Joan Collins story!%0D %0D 'There's no way I'm spending another night in this Palazzo!'%0D %0D She knows how to tell a story, Joan.

by Anonymousreply 606/09/2011

Ana Gasteyer xsems to see ghost everywhere she goes.

This has to be the third time I have seen her on CGS

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2013

Elisabeth Rohm's extreme bitchery and utter lack of acting skill has led her absolutely nowhere. She's from a very wealthy family and her daddy is good friends with Dick Wolf which is why she wasn't fired after one season.

by Anonymousreply 802/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

I saw the one with Eric Mabius and it looked like he was just going through the motions because he had a car payment or something.

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

[quote]I've also had experiences of a more demonic nature that played themselves out in the presence of both my mother and my doctor.

Well don't just leave us hanging...

Spill 'em!

by Anonymousreply 1202/28/2013

Given the acting skills of some of these people, either they really saw ghosts or they are seriously convinced of it.

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2013

Can you tell us Elizabeth's story?

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2013

This is still on in England...on a continuous loop, I think.

I love it mostly. I can't believe how many celebrities have all had such outasight experiences...usually in their homes in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 1610/01/2013

OP--

I think what you might have been indirectly asking was if any of these are A list celebrities here in the U.S. No, none that I have seen, which is why the intertitles that explain where you are supposed to know them from helps. I didn't know who many of them were.

You mentioned Elizabeth Rohm and I thought you may want to know that there is a sort of spinoff series of Celebrity Ghost Stories here in the U.S. called "The Haunting Of..." That you may want to look for in the UK. It is an hour-long program where one celeb that has been on CGS meets with a psychic named Kim Russo and they return to the place that the paranormal activity allegedly occoured. Opinions on psychics vary widely, but because it's a longer time slot you find out more about the haunting than in the brief segment on CGS. Elizabeth Rohm was featured on one episode of it, so you may want to look for it if her story intrigued you on CGS.

by Anonymousreply 1710/01/2013

R16 Yes, that is true about many taking place in their Hollywood homes. One thing I have noticed is that in many cases, these seem to be properties that they are renting. There also seems to be more than a casual connection to hauntings in homes that once belonged to people who worked in Old Hollywood. We know now that Old Hollywood was pretty damn shady behind the scenes, so maybe some bad shit went down at some of these places. Of course it's probably much worse now, they're just that much better at hiding it these days.

by Anonymousreply 1810/01/2013

Snoja Henne's ghost tormented me!

by Anonymousreply 1910/01/2013

[quote]Snoja Henne

If ever an "Oh dear" was called for...

by Anonymousreply 2010/01/2013

I will fucking haunt you!

by Anonymousreply 2110/01/2013

[quote]Elisabeth Rohm, I'd never seen before. A genuine beauty. A little cold, but likeable. Can imagine straight guys falling for her, en masse. Eric Roberts. For some reason I don't trust him. He looks like he's putting on an act all the time. Hiding something. Almost very good looking...but doesn't quite make it. C Thomas Howell. Nerdy, annoying, needy. Means well. Carnie Wilson, BIG issues. Unhappy soul, but she's trying.

I didn't know who Ms. Rohm was, looked her up, never watched her shows. Eric Roberts. Julia Roberts brother. Former Hottie. Drug addict. Relationship with Sandy Dennis. Severe car crash. Amazingly, he seems to be working more than ever these days. C. Thomas Howell. Your description is very good. Carnie Wilson. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. How many times has she eaten through her lapband? Would allow a camera crew into her vagina and they'd probably fit.

by Anonymousreply 2210/01/2013

[quote] I thought you may want to know that there is a sort of spinoff series of Celebrity Ghost Stories here in the U.S. called "The Haunting Of...

Yes, I've seen it. Very interesting. There was one where they returned to a former whore house on First Ave in NYC. When they went into the newspaper archives they confirmed much of what they had picked up

The whole thing with this show is it's up to you to decide whether you believe them or not. I tend to believe them, even my BF who's a real sceptic gets drawn in by the show.

There's a non-celeb version that's a big bore and I can't work out why.

Last night we had Debbie Matenopoulos. A lot of them I don't know at all.

There's a British version that's so lame it has to be seen to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 2310/01/2013

[quote]I saw the one with Eric Mabius and it looked like he was just going through the motions because he had a car payment or something.

Funny comment. Now I'll google him to see who the hell he is. Oh, yes... I recognise him.

by Anonymousreply 2410/01/2013

This reminds me of another Celebrity Ghost Stories thread from last year. I just remember bursting out laughing in the library after someone posted something like, "How many times can Fairuza Balk appear on this show?"

by Anonymousreply 2510/01/2013

[quote]"How many times can Fairuza Balk appear on this show?"

That's because she appeared on the follow up "The Haunting Of..."

She had a studio in a warehouse where horrible things kept happening. She's an artist as well as an actress.

She comes across as a serious cold fish to me. The sort of girl who worked in trendy East Village restaurants in the 80s and never smiled at anyone but kept the job because she looked right.

by Anonymousreply 2610/01/2013

R26 Man did you nail it on her. I couldn't have said it better myself. She did actually appear twice on CGS, though. The story you mentioned (and it's attendant "The Haunting Of") as well as a separate appearance that happened when she was a teenager in a hotel. She come off just as dead behind the eyes on that one too.

by Anonymousreply 2710/02/2013

A few stories that are more personal come off as more melancholy than creepy. The one that comes to mind foremost would be Dee Wallace, the mom in E.T. and the lead in THE HOWLING. Her story really was sad in reference to her dad's post-WWII PTSD and the alcoholism that resulted from it and led to his death. I can't say whether or not his spirit visited her, but in her mind, he did and it allowed her to forgive him in death. She seems like a very sweet and down to earth lady whose life has had its share of ups and downs, so you sort of want to believe it for her sake because it clearly lifted a huge burden off of her mind & heart.

by Anonymousreply 2910/02/2013

I saw the Jessie Medcalf (sp) story last night...or this morning. He sounded sincere and when he told his parents he had seen a ghost, his parents admitted that they had seen the ghost too, all at different times.

I saw something when I saw a kid and as an adult my sister said she had seen it too at a different time but the same summer. All those years and we had never revealed what we had seen, to each other. Anyway, after she explained the situation, it was the same as mine, so at least I was sure I hadn't dreamed it.

by Anonymousreply 3009/30/2014

I watched this for a long time before coming to the realization that these stories were written by someone else and a celebrity hired to tell them.

by Anonymousreply 3109/30/2014

I think they could be a little scripted but I didn't get the impression that any of the celebrities I've seen were outright lying. This woman has done readings before, frankly, she seems like your average grafter/psychic but the people she talks too, I believe for the most part, they are being honest.

When you see something you can't explain you try to accept it but if someone could possibly interpret it for you, it's appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 3309/30/2014

I also don't get the feeling that the actors are lying--though the re-enactments are sometimes ridiculously exaggerate what happened.

by Anonymousreply 3409/30/2014

I used to watch CGS regularly. Not much of interest playing on Saturday nights, so why not. The only one that I thought was genuinely scary was the story told by Michael Urie, who played the flamboyant character Mark on Ugly Betty. He was telling about a ghost boy who attached to one of his friends and got summoned up every time someone played with a Ouija board. The story was chilling and freaky as hell, along the lines of A Haunting back when it was on....once you quit laughing at all the bad acting.

by Anonymousreply 3509/30/2014

R35, that was a good one.

by Anonymousreply 3609/30/2014

[quote]I didn't get the impression that any of the celebrities I've seen were outright lying.

Considering it's an actor's job to make you believe they're someone they aren't, do you think maybe they could be..oh, I don't know...ACTING?

by Anonymousreply 3709/30/2014

You either believe in ghosts or you don't. Actors are people too,so why wouldn't they have these experiences like everyone else ?

by Anonymousreply 3809/30/2014

Fairuza also appeared a third time--when she rented the house in Australia and the two ex-tenants who had been shot there were waking her and her assistant up.

by Anonymousreply 3909/30/2014

[R30], I'd love to hear explicit details from any spirit who is watching Jesse Metcalfe undress current day. Would make me a true believer and advocate for the dearly departed. Claws extend!

by Anonymousreply 4009/30/2014

Elisabeth Rohm was the housewife in "American Hustle" where the whole cast was Oscar nominated but her and she should have been. You can believe what you want, or just enjoy the show just as silly ghost stories. It's all in the story telling some are great and some are boring, with the "I woke up and saw a person standing there" ones and Joan Rivers has been a highlight.

by Anonymousreply 4109/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.