Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New season of Food Network Star

Discuss...

(requested in another thread)

by Anonymousreply 17107/07/2013

Alton Brown seems like a hateful, bitter curmudgeon. He was hateful last season too, while instructing the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 206/05/2011

Mario Lopez seems drugged.

by Anonymousreply 306/05/2011

Alton is a cunt on this program. I think it stems from his insecurity about his appearance.

by Anonymousreply 406/05/2011

I like Alton Brown (though I never watch him on this show). So I was distressed to learn recently that he became a born again Christian in 1992. I'm trying to stay broad minded about this but it's not easy.

by Anonymousreply 506/05/2011

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 606/05/2011

Susie Fugelwhatever looks like she had an eyebrow lift since last round of NFNS.

by Anonymousreply 706/05/2011

Did you hear one of the judges blast Chris for his approach as "crazy frat clown." Uh, the biggest star of your network is Guy Fieri, the definition of crazy frat clown.%0D %0D Judging from the male contestants, they were clearly going for that audience.

by Anonymousreply 806/05/2011

Penny's wanting to bring sexy back into the kitchen is one of the most hilarious concepts. That look over the shoulder during her promo was instant saltpeter.

by Anonymousreply 906/05/2011

No stars here. Many seem to think that they have to create drama or be a nasty person in order to get publicity. They think they're housewives.

by Anonymousreply 1006/05/2011

R10, that is why I HATE so-called reality TV. The contrived drama is sooooooo predictable at this point. Everyone of every reality TV show over reacts to the littlest thing just so it makes good TV.

I've recently gotten in to the automotive reality shows: Inside West Coast Customs, American Chopper, Street Customs, etc. I love the shows because those guys create some pretty amazing bikes and cars. But they focus in on the drama between the personalities instead of the craftsmanship and artistry of the designers and fabricators. And of course, they always make drama out of whatever deadline the vehicle has. But ultimately it turns out to be, "Well, tempers flared and we had some setbacks but everyone rallied together and pulled it out in the end..."

by Anonymousreply 1106/05/2011

No hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 1206/05/2011

I feel the same way r5 about Alton Brown's evangelical status.

Below is a page from his church's page on homosexuality. It seems like they are trying hard not to look ignorant and hateful. But their reading list suggests otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 1406/06/2011

[quote]Alton is a cunt on this program. I think it stems from his insecurity about his appearance.%0D %0D In that case, it's as if he hand picked the entire stable of contestants, down to the John C. Reilly and that hag who fancies herself a sex goddess.%0D %0D The only men who are not repulsive are Juba and the two Justins.

by Anonymousreply 1506/06/2011

LOVE this show. The challenges are so ridiculously difficult and the judges take everything SO seriously. Bob Tushman! Love that name for a gay guy. Did he make it up?%0D %0D Thanks for reminding me where I'd seen Vic Vegas before. Could he be the ringer? There's always a ringer on this show. Maybe it's Orchid.%0D %0D I find Alton's cuntiness refreshing. "You sucked. Own it so you can learn from it."%0D %0D Hating the sleeve tatts but a few of the guys are kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 1606/06/2011

That blonde mid-western girl's voice is awful and something is wrong with her mouth/teeth. I don't see how she ever got a modeling job.

Alton Brown is mean - he doesn't come off like that on Iron Chef.

I knew right away which contestant would go first, it was too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 1706/06/2011

Why does that blonde alway gotta cry?

It's annoying.

The middle-Eastern woman is a bitch.

The three guys on the bottom after the pizza challenge are beyond lame.

by Anonymousreply 1806/12/2011

Middle Eastern Momma is gross and greasy-looking. I don't like her. I am also glad Juba is gone; he was painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 1906/12/2011

Penny asks like she's on Survivor, like she's gonna be a puppet master and with craft and cleverness, she'll twist everything in her favor. I guess she forgets it's all being filmed and that she's gotta be likeable, personable AND cook.

I get the feeling that she may be a plant, doing shady crap to bring up the drama level on a show that's getting stale.

by Anonymousreply 2006/13/2011

Yeah, but Juba was one of the cutest guys. I agree with the person who said he and the two Justins are the hottest.%0D %0D Orchid's got to be the ringer. She's the only one who has a consistently pleasant personality and great smile. That's all that's needed to win this competition, right? She seems ready made for Food Network. Apparently tattoo Justin is the best chef, but that's NOT what Food Network's about.

by Anonymousreply 2106/13/2011

Penny reminds me of that godawful bitch who got to the last rounds of "Design Star" last year.

Just a conniving, bad-mouthing, mean spirited bitch who was forever putting hideous string art displays on walls while being nasty to every other player.

You just want to ask them "Even if you won this competition, why would I watch your eventual show knowing what a horrifying human being you really are?"

by Anonymousreply 2206/13/2011

My boyfriend sat next to Alton Brown in First Class a couple of years ago on a long flight and he apparently chugged bourbon the entire time starting at like 10 in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 2306/13/2011

That Penny chick is a awful - and so fugly to boot. The only I'd ask her is when she had her MTF operation - lady looks like a dude....

Can't stand that smug Alton Brown.

Don't really like any of the contestants this time, but I still have a crush on Bob Tischman, so I'll be watching.

by Anonymousreply 2406/13/2011

R23, that dish alone should start a gossip thread on TV celeb chefs

by Anonymousreply 2506/13/2011

I thought I was watching The Real Housewives of Marrakesh with all the intrigue and backstabbing.

by Anonymousreply 2606/13/2011

We're available if you'd like to bring the heat back...at 6 am on a Sunday morning.

by Anonymousreply 2706/13/2011

Penny is just too obvious. It's almost as if they found her in central casting. Not five minutes into the show and she's hating on the blonde contestants. I'm really tired of that old cliche where the women contestants are hateful and backstabbing while the guys understand that it's just a competition and nothing more.

Juba should not have been eliminated. It should have been Vic. Is anyone else annoyed by his referring to himself in the third person?

The Justin's are the eye candy, and that's not saying much. Pretty much a "meh" group of contestants. Just give the win to Orchid and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 2806/13/2011

Penny is a ringer. She has an agent. She was a finalist for "The Apprentice" and she would have been more suited for that than NFNS.

by Anonymousreply 2906/13/2011

Agreed entirely, R28.%0D %0D Every year it's as though the casting was outsourced to India, with the most random range of incompetents, perky "personalities" peppered (on a good year) with a couple of marginally competent cooks and a smattering of contestants picked for drama.%0D %0D It's the opposite of Top Chef where, with few exceptions, the producers recognize that a solid field of talent makes a better drama of its own. %0D %0D Food Network Star assembles a bunch that have no cooking talent, no on-air appeal, and whose only attributes are hunger for a TV show, any TV show...maybe a radio spot, or a stand-up comic gig, anything. They don't bother vetting anyone it seems, and then the random assortment are judged it were somehow a serious effort, or that any of them had any real chance of anything.

by Anonymousreply 3006/13/2011

Just who the hell needs ANOTHER cooking show anyway?

Sheesh, can't even keep up with the few good ones that are on the air.

Whatever happened to last years winner? I haven't seen that annoying cow in forever. Haven't even seen Melissa D'Arabian's show either.

They should just have the winner be an apprentice to all the other people who already have cooking shows, then, maybe if they learn enough, they can get their own show.

by Anonymousreply 3106/13/2011

Those of you who think this is a competition...think again.

The winner is picked and contracted in advance. In the case of Melissa she had already filmed several episodes of her show prior to the 'contest' beginning.

The contestants do not need to cook as they are not truly being considered.

by Anonymousreply 3206/13/2011

R32, who's this year's winner?

by Anonymousreply 3306/13/2011

R23, I do that when I fly because I'm terrified (only I'm not in first class & it's vodka rather than bourbon).

by Anonymousreply 3406/13/2011

I kind of like Melissa's show. I think it's on the Cooking channel. She's heavy on the instruction and light on the personality which is a nice change of pace. %0D %0D I'm not a fan of Big Daddy's show. He seems like a nice guy but he's ugly and that's just not fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 3506/13/2011

I am no longer in the building where they have their offices so I don't know this year's winner.

I did come on and tell you about Melissa, and Big Daddy way back when.

The idiots at FN are always surprised when the audience does not agree with their choices.

by Anonymousreply 3606/13/2011

I used to see nothing wrong with the type of game that Penny is playing. But now I go along with Chef Morimoto's viewpoint that it's better to face your challengers at THEIR best. The fact that she set them up to fail shows me that she doesn't think she has the chops. Life lessons from an Iron Chef!

by Anonymousreply 3706/13/2011

[quote]Whatever happened to last years winner? %0D %0D Aarti's Party was on Sunday mornings for awhile then faded away.

by Anonymousreply 3806/13/2011

I've never understood the popularity of Alton Brown - he's always seemed a pinched, mean little man that should be running a Yankee Candle store. The cuntitude was always half an inch below the surface.

Interesting that it's all coming the surface now. He looks like Irene Ryan playing Granny Clampett.

by Anonymousreply 3906/13/2011

Aarti's show will be back in September.

by Anonymousreply 4006/13/2011

Alton can be condescending at times.

by Anonymousreply 4106/13/2011

As I understand, the winners of NFNS get a limited test run of 6-8 shows, just to fulfill the terms of the contest. I guess they don't want to stretch out a show that turns out to be a dud.

If the winner gets ratings and/or good feedback, they may get another run of their show. Both Melissa D'Arabian and Aarti got multiple runs of their shows.

What I don't understand is why the give those two losers of NFNS such horrible. crappy shows that clog up their schedule. I could care less about "Outrageous Food" and "Kid in a Candy Store".

by Anonymousreply 4206/13/2011

So what happened to Aaron "Big Daddy" McCargo's show? :(

by Anonymousreply 4306/13/2011

R42, they had to do something for Adam Gertler because he was the most popular contestant that season. If you'll remember, they tried to set him up in Vegas against Lisa and Aaron. For the first time, Adam went back to his smokehouse roots and was the overwhelming winner of the challenge. Not only did he win among the guests at the Wynn, he also won amongst the 5 star chefs there. Aaron's presentation was so bad that the Diana Ross queen from "La Cage" admitted she didn't know what he was doing up there. Because they couldn't get rid of predetermined winner Aaron, they let all three head to the finals.%0D %0D "Kid in a Candy Store" is one of the more popular secondary FN entries and Gertler's hosting has a lot to do with.

by Anonymousreply 4406/13/2011

So Vic Vegas is a fag?

by Anonymousreply 4506/13/2011

Vic Vegas is not a fag!!!! And neither is Ted Casablancas!!

by Anonymousreply 4606/13/2011

Oh Neely. Fags are just better.

by Anonymousreply 4706/14/2011

Final four prediction: Orchid, Whitney, Justin B., and Jeff. The others are just cannon fodder at this point.

by Anonymousreply 4806/15/2011

Alicia's a sister

by Anonymousreply 4906/15/2011

And another dullard bites the dust. The women worked so incredibly well together, but I had to laugh that everyone was throwing away their food as being totally inedible. Yeah, THAT'S going to get them their own Food Network show! They already have Semi-Homemade, what do they need with another chef who can't cook?

by Anonymousreply 5006/20/2011

Two weeks ago I saw the guy from%0D Chucks day off at my gym.%0D %0D He was there with his trainer working out.%0D %0D Not wanting to be aslut but collecting info for my fellow queens, I checked him out in the communal showers. He has a much better body than I thought and a dick that could get its own show!%0D %0D Plus he aint shy walking around the locker room with the massive dick swinging back and forth almost knocking folks down.%0D %0D I guess I will have to try his restaurant and not pay and see if he keeps me back to clean up.%0D

by Anonymousreply 5106/20/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 5206/27/2011

The dude that got kicked out looked scared every time he was on camera, which is a shame since he was always mentioned as having consistently good food.

by Anonymousreply 5306/27/2011

R50, it was the magic of the NFNS producers. Alicia blogged that both garbage bins were filled with desserts that were uneaten, not because they were bad but because it was a tasting party. That makes sense.%0D %0D In spite of her overemotional performances, she seems pretty evenhanded in her appraisals of the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 5406/27/2011

[quote]The dude that got kicked out looked scared every time he was on camera, which is a shame since he was always mentioned as having consistently good food.

He certainly left in a huff. He turned out to be one surly fellow.

by Anonymousreply 5506/27/2011

Both Justin's are gay... yes?

by Anonymousreply 5606/27/2011

Remember Dan and Steve, the gay winners of season 1? Their show lasted for 1 season and they haven't been seen since.

Same for the woman who won season 3. I think she cooked French food. Her show didn't even last a full season.

I saw Bob Tushman in Provincetown a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 5706/27/2011

Season 3 lady(the french food one) basically had a nervous breakdown and they let her out of her contract IIRC

by Anonymousreply 5806/27/2011

A friend just saw Bob Tushman prancing out of that leather store next to Barracuda not long ago in the middle of a Sunday afternoon.

My friend noted that Mme. Tushman was absolutely the queeniest queen he'd ever seen queen it along 8th Avenue.

by Anonymousreply 5906/28/2011

You mean we adopted that baby for nothing?

by Anonymousreply 6006/28/2011

For the two other people still watching this series. . . %0D %0D Is Justin (who was just booted off the show) gay?%0D %0D What was that whole thing about the judges saying he's hiding behind a mask and not being himself - the same thing they were also saying the last two weeks?

by Anonymousreply 6107/03/2011

I hate Penny always introducing herself with the line "they call me the Middle Eastern Mama". Who are these elusive "they"? Like she has a following or something, who decided to gift her with a cute nickname.

C'mon, she thought she needed a title and some gravitas and made this name up herself. She sounds a fool tossing this title around.

by Anonymousreply 6207/04/2011

There are some "okay" people on this season but nobody who blows me away. The girl who looks like Rachel Ray might as well quit right now -- that demographic is already covered. And why do I think that Bobby Flay and Giada di Laurentiis are going to sabotage any good-looking men or women who would steal their thunder?

by Anonymousreply 6307/04/2011

I live in Atlanta and Justin the Fishmonger has gotten zero local coverage. The local reality TV reporter hasn't even mentioned him.

I don't even know where he works!

by Anonymousreply 6407/04/2011

Justin the Fishmonger looked like an evil troll with those pointy ears and had the personality to match. And really, people who can deal with tattoos and piercings still draw the line at wanting to look at people with those gaping holes in their ears. He was never going to be on a show that way, at least on Food Network.

by Anonymousreply 6507/04/2011

If they returned to the concept of a contest to host their own show, it might be interesting. Instead, they show these stupid storylines and insane challenges. The show itself stinks so how can the show for the winner be any different?

by Anonymousreply 6607/04/2011

I hate Susie Fogelson!

by Anonymousreply 6707/04/2011

On a completely different but somehow related note, did you hear that all three locations of the Next Great Restaurant have closed?

They never focused on food during that show---always the decor or the uniforms. They should have made the audience hunger for whatever it was they were selling.

by Anonymousreply 6807/04/2011

Penny is horrible. No one would watch a show that she hosts, because she's so ugly and unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 6907/04/2011

R69, Penny is a ringer. She is there for drama purposes only! No one would give that hard, aggressive chick a show, no one! I don't care how well she cooks Middle Eastern food. she is awful!

by Anonymousreply 7007/04/2011

It's been revealed that Penny has a reality show agent and she was also a finalist on "The Apprentice." The very definition of "ringer." You could see from day 1 that they were never going to allow her to win but they think her shit-stirring will gain viewers.

by Anonymousreply 7107/04/2011

Her food at that picnic made my mouth water.

by Anonymousreply 7207/04/2011

The only female contestant I like is the food writer. "Jyll"? For that alone, I hate her.%0D %0D I want to go all Chewy McNip on Vinnie Vega. I also like the frat douche guy. We need a challenge that puts these guys in swimwear.

by Anonymousreply 7307/04/2011

[quote]Season 3 lady(the french food one) basically had a nervous breakdown and they let her out of her contract IIRC

Wow -- I didn't know that. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I still use her recipe/method for steaming whole new potatoes & it's wonderful. Can't remember her name to Google details about WHET her -- she was cute & seemed nice -- I hope she's OK.

by Anonymousreply 7407/04/2011

I don't think she had a breakdown; I think she didn't want to move her family to NYC and realized how hard the commute was after the fact. She exaggerated her issues to get out of the contract.

She has been busy since, writing cookbooks, so I don't think the breakdown is legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 7507/04/2011

[quote]Vic Vegas is gay. He has competed on a couple of the Food Network Challenges show, one time with his hunky bf.%0D %0D Vic Vegas with his "best friend" and "partner" James Aptakin were the winners of the 2008 Food Network Challenge Big Bash Caterers%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7607/04/2011

Aha! Here she is -- eating bunnies! I don't like her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7707/04/2011

Vic Vegas looks dirty.

by Anonymousreply 7807/04/2011

Cute couple

by Anonymousreply 7907/04/2011

Anyone have some other link other than R76 that shows Vic Vegas as gay? That link is talking about his business partner and best friend, not his life partner...it could be his life partner, but that video is absolutely not proof, as it's not even hinted at...

by Anonymousreply 8007/04/2011

Fuckin' lame-ass Canadian cable! The shows are airing almost 2 weeks later here than there in the States, meaning I have to ignore this thread and FoodNetwork.com just to steer clear of any spoilers. I can't even find TNFNS torrents on any sites!

by Anonymousreply 8107/04/2011

R81 - check this site to download it.

by Anonymousreply 8207/04/2011

[quote]Final four prediction: Orchid, Whitney, Justin B., and Jeff. The others are just cannon fodder at this point.%0D %0D Two of those people are gone, and one has her foot on a banana peel.

by Anonymousreply 8307/10/2011

r61 I hope Justin D is cause he looks like he has a fatty at the back there.... he's cute too with his glasses.

by Anonymousreply 8407/10/2011

Wolfgang Puck is an arrogant asshole.

There was no need for him to do that. Even Flay was embarrassed. For Puck not for the blonde girl, I think.

So she didn't cry but that is what Giada wanted to see?

by Anonymousreply 8507/17/2011

SPOILER ALERT!

She is very annoying, but how can Penny go before Jill and Marybeth???? Penny served great food, week after week!

by Anonymousreply 8607/17/2011

Exactly, R86, she came across as annoying on tv. She might have cooked good food but someone said she did not come alive or pop on screen.

Boring, in other words.

She was arrogant and thought she had it in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 8707/17/2011

What night is this on? I keep missing it.

by Anonymousreply 8807/18/2011

Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 8907/18/2011

Sunday at 9pm EST. I just watched the repeat at midnight.

I'm glad Penny is gone - good food is not enough to win. Chris is an immature nitwit - good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 9007/18/2011

I felt so and for that girl Jyll. There was no reason for Puck to embarrass her like that..totally rude and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 9107/18/2011

I think Giada seems like a rich bitch who was born into money and didn't have to struggle to get anywhere. I get the vibe that she is a snob. I%E2%80%99m so glad evil is, bye bye! But I give credit when credit is genuinely due and her food does look superb. I don%E2%80%99t believe Penny was a ringer because word gets out fast and the show would eventually be canceled because of the lack of ratings. 99% of the time it makes me want to puke when I see men and women who have graffiti all over their bodies handing food. However, there is something about Vic who seems so likable and his tats just don't bother me that much which is weird for me not to be bothered very much by that. %0D %0D As far as Alton Brown being a Born Again Christian, I highly doubt it. I have many relatives who are Born Again Christians and I just don%E2%80%99t get that vibe from him. Most likely he once was and left the church. %0D t%0D I can't stand Susie Fogelson. She comes off like a haughty bitch and I can't stand Tushmen either! They showed some special some weeks ago how the Food Network got started. They showed old footage of various people and their early shows. Bobby Flay was flubbing his words and messing up here and there. Now this arrogant fool has the nerve to have a lack of patience with the various people in this Network Challenge, arrogant jerk!%0D %0D %0D Wolfgang%E2%80%99s own food is horrible and I don%E2%80%99t understand what makes him special. My aunt went to his restaurant and she side it was horrible and way over price. Also, I spoke to many others who have been to his restart say the same thing. His restaurants make it because they have been trendy big deal. The guy was rude tonight. What a complete jerk!%0D So Vic Is gay? He is pretty hot. Is the other tat guy who got knocked off gay?%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9207/18/2011

Jyll was in a no-win situation tonight. %0D %0D She tried to endure Puck's criticism with a smile and a couple of the judges felt she should have let down her guard and "acted real."%0D %0D Yet if she'd acted upset, I'm sure the same judges would have said she needed to learn how to deal with criticism and always keep things positive in front of the camera.

by Anonymousreply 9307/18/2011

R93, you completely nailed it! Yet, these judges were once on the bottom struggling to get to the top and now they turn around doing the same thing by playing this power game. The judges are truly despicable.

by Anonymousreply 9407/18/2011

I thought it was disgusting how Susie Fogelson essentially made that Mexican girl cry. (i can't remember her name, she's really great).%0D %0D Literally prodded her into breaking down on camera because "the viewers would really like to see that from her". What kind of sadistic bullshit is that?%0D

by Anonymousreply 9507/18/2011

So Vic is going to win? He could be "Guy Fieri 2.0" I guess.

by Anonymousreply 9607/18/2011

Penny was creepy -- a gypsy witch who would work a root on you and leave long black hairs (or worse) in your food.

by Anonymousreply 9707/18/2011

Vic REALLY seemed close with that dopey frat boy who just got kicked off. They seemed like a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 9807/18/2011

When Bobby started telling each contestant what he/she had to change in order to continue, I said to myself, how is he going to tell Penny, in a nice way, that she has to stop being so unlikeable - and he comes right out and uses those exact words. That was funny. And she looks at the camera and questions her likeablility. Cooking good food has never been the top criterion in this contest, whether an audience would watch is the most important.

by Anonymousreply 9907/18/2011

I'm just now catching up with this show on my DVR and Wow! that Melissa d'Arabian sure has turned into a pretentious snobby bitch. When did she get all uppity? I hate her and that Susie Fucking Fogelson.

by Anonymousreply 10007/18/2011

I absolutely love Susie Fogelson. I find it shocking that people hate her so much.

by Anonymousreply 10107/18/2011

SHe is a stone cold bitch.

Some people like that, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 10207/18/2011

I like her as well 101 and I don't find her cold at all.

by Anonymousreply 10307/18/2011

Maybe behind the scenes she is a bitch, but on tv she is always the voice of diplomacy. She doesn't really have strong opinions about anybody and just kind of smiles and lets everybody else fight it out.

But, yeah, to be in her position, she would have to be strong-willed and opinionated.

by Anonymousreply 10407/18/2011

I've only read praise of Susie Fogelson on here in the past so I'm glad to read that I'm the only one who dislikes her.

I can see the lesbians loving her. But for one, I have no use for women who have that frowsy curly hair, that's just an instant turnoff to me the way tattoos are to some of you.

Plus, she always has that sour look on her face like she's wearing shit-flavored lipstick. She's just gross and abrasive to me.

But I love Bob Tushman. He's the best reality show judge on t.v. I almost always agree with his observations and I like the way he communicates with the other judges and the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 10507/18/2011

Wow - thanks r82! That's awesome!

by Anonymousreply 10607/19/2011

I don't know about all of you, but I'd rather eat what Jyll makes than any of that duck confit shit that Wolfgang is known for making. That man is a one trick pony - his menus never seem varied. I love that they didn't edit out Bobby saying 'Jesus Christ' on the show.

by Anonymousreply 10707/21/2011

When I saw Ina Garten walk out, I was so excited that I broke wind just a little bit.

But...MEAT cupcakes? {shudder}

by Anonymousreply 10807/24/2011

It's sad, because none of them deserves to have a show. WHET Artie?

by Anonymousreply 10907/24/2011

I'm rooting for Suzie now.

What nationality is that Daisy girl?

They really don't have any Mexican food show on the network, do they?

Aaron Sanchez is sort of all over the place but doesn't have any real cooking show.

Bobby Flay has done more for the cuisine and the ingredients than anybody else, up until now, I think.

by Anonymousreply 11007/25/2011

R110, I think you mean Whitney, not Daisy. She said her dad is Chinese; not sure about the other half.

There is a Mexican show on Food Network, called "Mexican Made Easy" that airs on Saturday AM.

by Anonymousreply 11107/25/2011

I like the sandwich guy. He has a good look and personality for TV. Not sure how many sandwich recipes I'd be interested in, though.%0D I also like the food writer even though she can be annoying. %0D %0D I still think Vic is the ringer that wins it all. %0D %0D WEHT Nigella? Is she still on the network? I like her a lot.

by Anonymousreply 11207/25/2011

Did anyone notice the house they lived in this season was the same house from the VH1 reality shows like Flavor fo Love, I Love NY etc

by Anonymousreply 11307/26/2011

Getting down to crunch time and Vic is still in it! I'd be happy if any of them won except for Mary Beth. She's over the top and the judges have commented a few times that she can describe food really well, but the flavor doesn't live up to what she says.

by Anonymousreply 11408/02/2011

I'm not sure who should win here, if anyone at all. I think the sandwich guy or Vic Vegas will win in the end. Maybe Mary Beth will get to write a blog for the Food Network or something.

by Anonymousreply 11508/02/2011

Sandwich guy foe the win. Guy Ferrari must be shakin in his boots.

by Anonymousreply 11608/02/2011

There already a mexican show so I assume Suzie is out. Vic Vegas... I mean Vic Mo(hehehe homo)and the sandwich guy, Jeff seem to be the best bets. Mary Beth should not be an on-screen person, let her write a blog.

by Anonymousreply 11708/02/2011

Agree 100%, r117.

by Anonymousreply 11808/02/2011

Bobby Flay looks like a corpse. He's so humorless.

by Anonymousreply 11908/02/2011

My mom asked me the other day if Vic was gay (she assumes -- usually correctly -- that I know stuff like that based on the gay gossip circuit and this board). She said, "he just seems more and more feminine, like he uses body building and tattoos to cover up his real personality."

by Anonymousreply 12008/02/2011

I hate Alton Brown after the Iron chef challenge. He is a miserable a-hole. Come out of the closet Alton and you will be happier!

by Anonymousreply 12108/07/2011

I've been rooting for thesandwich guy almost from the beginning, although I have a feeling it's going to be Suzie, who's a bit too sweet for my taste.%0D %0D BTW, it was too obvious having Mary Beth deliberately paired off with her nemesis, that obnoxious Penny, during tonight's challenge.%0D %0D Also, why was the frat guy, who was only assisting, the only one sweating tonight?

by Anonymousreply 12208/07/2011

I will be bummed if it's Suzie. I love Jeff, the Sandwich King. There's something sexy about him when he smiles. Love how he said he looked like a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 12308/07/2011

Again, the sandwich guy will be severe competition for Guy. I'm have a feeling it will be Susie...sg may do some on air stuff.

by Anonymousreply 12408/08/2011

[quote]BTW, it was too obvious having Mary Beth deliberately paired off with her nemesis, that obnoxious Penny, during tonight's challenge.

I hate when they do stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 12508/08/2011

Penny will have the biggest career of anyone this season. She will be cast on reality shows a la Omarosa and will ebcome a celebrity because of it.Too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 12608/08/2011

I think Vic Mo is a 'mo.

Jeff will probably win although there is a limited number of ways you can put stuff in between two slices of ANY kind of bread or tortillas, or croissants, or flatbread or......

Suzie should win, but she won't of course. Hopefully they will give her stuff to do on the Network.

by Anonymousreply 12708/10/2011

Suzie has this in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 12808/10/2011

So, you East Coast peeps, who won???

If not Suzie hopefully it won't be Vic.

by Anonymousreply 12908/14/2011

It's just starting, r129. The first hour was the "reunion show" with blather & out-takes.

by Anonymousreply 13008/14/2011

Really, R30? It's 7 PM Mountain time here, so it on at the exact same time?

by Anonymousreply 13108/14/2011

Why did they air the reunion show before the finale? What was that about?

I think Jeff has it in the bag. I'd be surprised if he doesn't win. Suzy is his biggest competition.

by Anonymousreply 13208/14/2011

It's 9:17 EDT. Vic was just eliminated in the preliminary challenge.%0D %0D I have no readon to lie about it.

by Anonymousreply 13308/14/2011

Reason. With an S. Reason.

by Anonymousreply 13408/14/2011

Jeff looks like a middle-aged man cooking Italian food.

Giada, Guy and just about everybody else cooks Italian, don't see the appeal.

He looked like Mr. Rogers with that sweater.

by Anonymousreply 13508/14/2011

I loved when Mary-Beth (who I loathe) and Penny (who I also loathe) got into a fight a few weeks back during the final minutes of the show and Penny growled at her. It was delicious.

by Anonymousreply 13608/14/2011

FUCK YOU Food Network, another crappy show and chef I will not watch

by Anonymousreply 13708/14/2011

It's Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 13808/14/2011

Yahoo!!! I love Jeff. I think he's cute and cuddly and I will definitely watch that show. Turning braciole into a sandwich was a great idea.

Thank God it wasn't Suzi. Could you imagine how many times she would talk about her dad, her dad, her dad in 30 minutes????

by Anonymousreply 13908/14/2011

It was obvious that Jeff was going to win. They think he can appeal to the same straight-guy demo as Fieri. It's just too bad they didn't see the appeal of having a show on the Food Network called The Mo Show.

by Anonymousreply 14008/15/2011

Susie was cute but tough to look at. That face was made for radio.%0D %0D I like Jeff. I'll watch his sandwich show (if it ever airs). I'm glad he won.%0D %0D Vic will end up somewhere on the FN, which is good. I'd like to see him shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 14108/15/2011

I liked Suzie but knew TSK would win when one of the judges stated that Jeff entered the competition and stuck with it the whole time. Both Suzie and Vic changed their POV.%0D %0D Agree with a poster upthread that TSK is a limited show. If any meal can be made into a sandwich, I'm guessing soup would consist of a sandwich made with the main ingredients and broth/stock as an au jus? Not sure I see more than 10-12 episodes of this show. %0D %0D IMO, he would have been better as a show host as I personally am getting sick of Guy and D3.%0D %0D OT, whatever happened to Daisy Martinez? Loved her show on PBS and last year Rachel Ray's production company produced her show on FN but it disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 14208/15/2011

[quote]Vic will end up somewhere on the FN, which is good. I'd like to see him shirtless.

He's dumb as a box of Mama's Boy hair, and ugly; plus he has the perpetual look of being about to take a huge dump.

by Anonymousreply 14308/15/2011

The Sandwich King starts next Sunday at 11:30am. It's the traditional slot for the winner of the competition. My guess is they saw a lot of potential in Jeff beyond just his sandwich show. He could easily host a competition show or traveling around the country like Guy's show. He's like Adam Gertler who lost in his season but has had more shows than "Big Daddy" who won that season.

by Anonymousreply 14408/15/2011

Mary Beth didnt like Jeff either? Everyone seemed to really like him. She seems a bit entitled.

by Anonymousreply 14508/15/2011

Not to defend Mary Beth but I can understand her not wanting Jeff to hug her when they announced she was eliminated. She may be like me, who tends to cry harder when I'm upset and crying. She was already crying; maybe she didn't want to break down in front of the judges.

by Anonymousreply 14608/15/2011

Jeff won because of his personality. His cooking show won't last, but he will be great as a show host, like R144 stated.

by Anonymousreply 14708/15/2011

Congrats Jeff I'll watch you, whatever you do. Well deserved win.

by Anonymousreply 14808/15/2011

Thanks, r148 -- that was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 14908/15/2011

R145, Who knew there was tension bwt Mary Beth and Jeff? The focus was how much they couldn't stand Penny. I don't remember any incidents bwt the two until she was eliminated. He seems like a nice guy...not sure why she doesn't like him.

by Anonymousreply 15008/15/2011

Penny seems to dislike other workmen. She said nothing nice about Susie but certainly praised Jeff

by Anonymousreply 15108/15/2011

Susie looked pretty bad even after her FN makeover. She must've been under a LOT of stress, she had bags under her eyes. And she did overdo the dad talk.

I don't watch any of the FN chef shows (I just like the competition shows like Chopped/Extreme Chef/Iron Chef/24 Hour Restaurant,etc.), but Guy Fieri seems to be the most successful contestant coming out of The Next FN Star shows. I know that Aarti lady has a show, but I'm not sure when the other alumni shows are on. Was Rachel Ray a former "Next" contestant too?

by Anonymousreply 15208/15/2011

R151, you hit the nail on the head. Penny treats other women with contempt and jealousy, but she kowtows to even the most inane male contestant. Hell, if she was truly a strong woman, she would have loathed little frat boy Chris, but she absolutely adored him.

She walked into that competition seeing all the prettier, younger, or more capable women and started a concerted effort to undermine them at every turn. I think she loathed Mary Beth because Mary Beth saw her for who she was and ignored her in the beginning, but when Penny went after her, MB held her ground.

Penny didn't want a woman to win because that would be a reflection on her, in her warped mind. She is an awful woman who is raising two teenaged girls. I feel sorry that they have such a poor role model.

by Anonymousreply 15308/16/2011

Vic Mo is a friend or m ines cousin and he can't stand him either. Said Vic takes after his dad who wanted to be a star. They moved to Vegas to get into show business, thus the Vic Vegas b/s.

by Anonymousreply 15408/16/2011

Do anyone else watch Jeff the Sandwich King's new show? I thought he did an ok job. But is it me or does he seem fatter than when he was in the contest?

by Anonymousreply 15508/21/2011

Yeah, R155, I thought the same thing. He's definitely gained weight. Some people eat under stress, and I'm sure starting a new show is very stressful.

by Anonymousreply 15608/21/2011

A few weeks ago I was flipping channels and came across a show like this with a tall beefy Italian guy with a bit of an accent. Does anyone know which show/his name?

by Anonymousreply 15708/21/2011

R157 that was Rachael Ray

by Anonymousreply 15808/21/2011

LOL R158

by Anonymousreply 15908/23/2011

I caught the tail end of Jeff's show this Sunday after not having watched this season. Had no idea Jeff was from Elmwood Park (as am I), and I was delighted to see him featuring hometown favorite Johnnie's Beef on the show. It's the best Italian beef in Chicago, hands down.%0D %0D His "make it at home" pot roast, fork-shredded version of Italian beef, however, left me very dubious.

by Anonymousreply 16008/23/2011

anyone watching the new season? So far a lot of my favorites have already been kicked off lol I still hate Alton Brown and it annoys me he's on here.

by Anonymousreply 16107/03/2013

I have a crush on the Asian guy (Viet?). The Jewish BBQ guy also appeals to me. Glad that Lovely(?) woman is out. Don't get that 7 deadly sins guy's POV at all. I like the perky girl, but she's starting to get annoying. Vegetarian chefs don't belong in cooking competitions.

by Anonymousreply 16207/03/2013

Viet is VERY handsome...too bad he was cut. I don't like most of the contestants left.

by Anonymousreply 16307/03/2013

I used to like this show and look forward to it every year. But this bunch of contestants this year: where did they FIND these people?? I have never seen a more fugly, untelegenic (if that's a word?),hideous, trashy-looking bunch. Dregs. Especially that guy with a scraggly beard. I would turn off the channel in 2 seconds if he got picked. Looks like trailer trash that you would find working in the most dive-y diner in Reno.

And "Love-y"? Kill, murder, maim (NOT 'cause of her race, just general obnoxiousness.)

Barf. Food Network is going downhill, fast; Paula D almost ought to be glad not to be doing business with them.

by Anonymousreply 16407/03/2013

Chris is like a cute version of Sean Astin - I just want to give him a hug. I liked him on last season's Food Truck Race also. Too bad he has zero chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 16507/03/2013

One of the eliminated folks will be coming back on the show.

by Anonymousreply 16607/03/2013

I haven't hated any contestant as much as I hate Danushka. Thank goodness she's gone, gone, gone.

by Anonymousreply 16707/03/2013

I thought Danushka was entertaining as that debbie downer buzzbill bitch lol

by Anonymousreply 16807/03/2013

Mmmmmmmm, Chad! IFHH. HARD.

by Anonymousreply 16907/03/2013

I am now snubbing this show... the show that gave us that smarmy, juvenile, frat boy idiot sandwich guy.

He makes my skin crawl. They better not put his ass on chopped again.

by Anonymousreply 17007/04/2013

the 2 worst winners...

Big "McMumbles" Daddy and smarmy frat boy "sandwich guy."

by Anonymousreply 17107/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.