Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My Doctor said, "Peggy, you have Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer..."

And they sent me home to die.

by MoJoreply 10303/18/2013

Everyone should check the bottom of their foot for an expiration date. That is some need to know shit.

by MoJoreply 106/03/2011

I think the Cancer Center is Antenna TV's only sponsor because they run this woman whining during every single commercial break.

by MoJoreply 206/03/2011

Peggy has major cane face.

by MoJoreply 306/03/2011

Peggy looks like a lady golfer.

Glad she made it, anyway.

by MoJoreply 406/03/2011

Peggy's first doctor was one cold motherfucker.

by MoJoreply 506/03/2011

Maybe Peggy's first doctor was wrong.

by MoJoreply 606/03/2011

I like Peggy's hair.

by MoJoreply 806/03/2011

They rarely accept patients who are truly terminal. Their evaluation determines whether they will accept you into their clinic. No a very good medical company in my opinion.

by MoJoreply 906/03/2011

Stage 4 pancreatic cancer is terminal. Maybe she never had it to begin with.

by MoJoreply 1006/03/2011

What about me , mother fuckers, it's me Phyllis Ellis?! You know, I have too much to do, to die, besides I'm a fighter and fighters win. Have a blessed day!!!

by MoJoreply 1106/03/2011

Any time I hear about some asshole doctor, I'm always reminded of that scene where "Dorothy" confronts her doctor at the restaurant:

by MoJoreply 1206/03/2011

"I was diagnosed with Stage 7 Lung/Brain/Liver Cancer and the doctor woke me up on the operating table and screamed into my ear, 'You're rotten with cancer and will be dead by sundown!'

"But I went to the Cancer Spa Center and the doctor said, 'Francine, I don't see it written anywhere that you have to expire before your insurance does.' Seven years later I'm still unloading trucks at my family's hardware store and I've got more lumps than a Goodwill Store pillow, but I'm ALIVE!"

by MoJoreply 1306/03/2011

I haven't seen that one. They really give that guy pancreatic cancer? I didn't like the character either but that's a pretty dark way to retire him.

by MoJoreply 1406/03/2011

Cancer Treatment Centers of America lobbied against health care reform.

by MoJoreply 1506/03/2011

Yes, Stage 4 pancreatic cancer is lethal. So far I've known 2 people die of it within 2 years of each other. It's not usually diagnosed until it's too late to treat. You can delay the inevitable like Swayze but you are still going to die of it. That commercial is misleading and they should not be allowed to run it.

by MoJoreply 1606/03/2011

Picture of Peggy and the "co-owner of her home" Jana. Peggy's a Republican.

by MoJoreply 1806/03/2011

Peggy's a wealthy lesbian. Not that there's anything wrong with being a wealthy dyke; it's the Republican thing I find off-putting.

by MoJoreply 1906/03/2011

She's obviously a liar.

by MoJoreply 2106/03/2011

Ugh. They should know better than to give each other home perms.

by MoJoreply 2206/03/2011

I clicked on R18's link and the first thing I saw was "I will sponsor a hole for $100".

by MoJoreply 2306/03/2011

She must be a hell of a baseball player the way she catches the fruit she tosses up in the air in front of her grocery store.....she reminds me of that singer Christy who's been hawking her cd's for 30 years on tv-same awful dykey frizzy butch haircut.

by MoJoreply 2406/03/2011

Aren't all the Cancer Center's patients wealthy dykes?

by MoJoreply 2506/03/2011

Her doctor told her to go to the store.

by MoJoreply 2606/03/2011

How much do people like Peggy pay to be "cured" at CTCA?

Is Peggy a shill? Albeit a cured shill?

by MoJoreply 2706/03/2011

Phyllis Ellis, Samuel L. Jackson's l'il sis, sez:

"Get this motherfuckin' cansuh out my motherfuckin' body!"

by MoJoreply 2806/03/2011

Does cancer taste worse than normal meat?

by MoJoreply 2906/03/2011

Peggy: MAJOR Caneface name.

by MoJoreply 3106/03/2011

Margurite

by MoJoreply 3206/03/2011

The treatments did take a toll on Peggy. She lost the glow and radiance in her skin she once had. She did, however continue to work while undergoing her therapies. She didn't have the patience she had before getting sick.

by MoJoreply 3306/03/2011

I want to go to her store. It looks nice.

by MoJoreply 3406/03/2011

Peggy misheard her doctor. He didn't say "Peggy, you're gonna' die." He said, "Peggy, you're a DYKE!"%0D %0D Not that it wasn't painfully obvious to everyone.

by MoJoreply 3506/03/2011

Peggy's sister should have called the Humane Society instead of the Cancer Treatment Centers.

by MoJoreply 3606/03/2011

"...that singer Christy who's been hawking her cd's for 30 years on tv-same awful dykey frizzy butch haircut."%0D %0D CRISTY LANE!!! Get the name right, asshole!%0D

by MoJoreply 3706/04/2011

what are the symptoms of pancreatic cancer (I could google, but I don't want to get freaked out),,,I landed in the hospital last summer for 5 days and dr's said my pancreas was damaged a lil

by MoJoreply 3806/04/2011

[quote]Stage 4 pancreatic cancer is terminal. Maybe she never had it to begin with.

Watch the commercial again. She never once mentions a cure or regression. She alludes to treatment to extend life - the same option a real cancer treatment facility would give.

When you have terminal cancer, you are usually offered chemo or radiation that will slow the rate at which the cancer will kill you, bit it's made clear that the outcome of the treatment will not be a cure. It will be life extension beyond the few months you likely have otherwise.

The commercial is indeed misleading, but not literally promising anything like a cure.

by MoJoreply 3906/04/2011

So is Peggy still alive?

by MoJoreply 4006/04/2011

I'm confused. I've never seen these commercials, but how they're described here they sound like snake oil infomercials (is that redundant?).

The pancan website appears to me to be a legitimate pancreatic cancer advocacy group. Peggy's email addres is something at pancan dot org. (it was posted on the 'webofdeception' page at the link up thread)

by MoJoreply 4106/04/2011

She says she's a "five-year survivor" which is a benchmark used in cancer%C2%A0statistics as a proxy for cure or regression. Five years is a very long time for stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Peggy IS a lady golfer.

by MoJoreply 4206/04/2011

R38, R16 here, the first guy I know who died had back pain and "indigestion" that wouldn't go away but he figured he just hurt his back and had some kind of stomach problem like acid reflux or something similar. He was also self-employed and didn't like going to the doctor because of the cost. The second guy also had problems he ascribed to his stomach but it eventually got so bad he couldn't hold food down. First it was diagnosed as pancreatitis and surgery was done. After several visits to the hospital they finally found a doctor who said cancer. Both of these guys also drank a lot of hard liquor. In fact a nurse friend asked me if they drank a lot when we discussed it. Unfortunately by the time you experience these symptoms it's pretty far advanced. Friend #1 was given six months and lived about a year and a half, albeit not well, and friend #2 was told "any day" and lasted 6 months.

by MoJoreply 4306/04/2011

It amazes me how ignorant a lot of people are about excessive drinking causing cancer. We hardly ever hear anything about it in the media, like we do with smoking-related cancers. Everybody knows smoking causes lung cancer, among others, but the ignorance about heavy drinking causing liver, pancreatic, esophogeal cancers is alarming.

by MoJoreply 4406/04/2011

Well, maybe I should start smoking again, a cig sounds good right now.

by MoJoreply 4506/04/2011

...and I said "Ernie, get off my back."

by MoJoreply 4606/04/2011

The symptoms of pancreatic cancer are upper abdominal pain that may radiate to the back, jaundice, changes in bowel and bladder habits (light-colored stools with dark urine, fatty, foul-smelling stool), jaundice, fevers, and weight loss. Most of the symptoms are caused by obstruction of ducts in pancreas, so they do not appear until the tumor has grown large enough to compress the ducts. Almost all patients with pancreatic cancer are at stage IV on presentation, meaning that the tumor has spread through the blood or lymph nodes to distant locations in the body.

by MoJoreply 4706/04/2011

R16/43, I forgot to add they smoked too.

by MoJoreply 4806/04/2011

In a house made of asbestos in Love Canal.

by MoJoreply 4906/04/2011

My mom died of pancreatic cancer in 1991.

She never smoked, nor was she a heavy drinker.

I just ran into a good friend of hers a few weeks ago. That lady, in her 70s now, is STILL smoking.

So who effin' knows.

by MoJoreply 5006/04/2011

There is no expiration date on my foot.

by MoJoreply 5106/04/2011

Fighter's win, y'all!

by MoJoreply 5206/04/2011

I jus' wanna SANNNNG!

by MoJoreply 5306/04/2011

Peggy's first doctor was JULIE!

by MoJoreply 5406/05/2011

Good question, r40. *Is* Peggy alive? I need to know.

by MoJoreply 5606/06/2011

"The symptoms of pancreatic cancer are upper abdominal pain that may radiate to the back,"

These are also the symptoms of horrible locked-in gas!

A few weeks ago I went to see my PCP, I told him I was getting weird shooting pains near my heart which radiated to the left side of my back. I had an EKG immediately, he said my heart was fine. Since I have HBP, I was concerned.

He asked me what foods I'd eaten over the past two weeks, because that's the amount of time I was getting these jabbing pains. They were happening anywhere from every 15 minutes to every few hours, then they'd go away, then come back two days later. This was over the course of two weeks.

I told him my diet over those two weeks, "The usual....chicken, yogurt, homemade soup with tons of broccoli other vegetables and beans, vegetable omelets....":

He interrupted me, "Well there's the problem, ALL those foods are extremely gassy! Gas which is locked-in can cause tremendous pain, some people actually think they are having a heart attack, add stress to eating gassy foods and you have a lethal combination!"

I took Gas-X and no more pains, but the more natural approach to gas is to drink Ginger tea.

by MoJoreply 5706/06/2011

[quote] "I was diagnosed with Stage 7 Lung/Brain/Liver Cancer and the doctor woke me up on the operating table and screamed into my ear, 'You're rotten with cancer and will be dead by sundown!'%0D [quote]%0D "But I went to the Cancer Spa Center and the doctor said, 'Francine, I don't see it written anywhere that you have to expire before your insurance does.' Seven years later I'm still unloading trucks at my family's hardware store and I've got more lumps than a Goodwill Store pillow, but I'm ALIVE!"[quote]%0D %0D LOL!%0D I was doing some research and I came across a comparison of different hospitals and what their cost is for a certain procedure. Cancer Centers of America's costs were sometimes 6-8 times what other hospitals were charging. They were NEVER on par, or less than other hospitals.%0D They are always hiring nurses; that should tell you something because nursing jobs are tight in this economy.

by MoJoreply 5806/06/2011

Do these Cancer Treatment hospital centers even accept most health insurance plans?! Probably not.

by MoJoreply 5906/06/2011

The Cancer Treatment Center ads prey on fears:%0D %0D If I just replace that mean old insentive crank of a doctor with a team of jovial, Oprah-watching, angel-believing social workers, my so-called cancer will evaporate in the warmth of positive-thinking.%0D %0D If only my doctor were friendlier and held my hand in a kind, fatherly way, I would never have had this bummer of a diagnosis.%0D %0D A team approach and sunny smiles are the best ways to exorcise neoplasms.%0D %0D That mean old doctor probably wanted to pump my body full of toxins. Imagine! Here at the CTC, they use an integrative approach of kind words and promising but not yet FDA-approved unguents and balms and salves and sage smudge sticks. It's night and day: death camp vs. luxury spa resort.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by MoJoreply 6006/06/2011

I like Phyllis Ellers who also does one of these commercials. Such a nice lady.

by MoJoreply 6106/06/2011

I suspect there are only two types of patients CTCA likes:

(1) Cash paying patients, and

(2) Those with insurance they like, like Tri-cor for ex-military, and any other insurance that will not quibble with them about what is effective and needed to treat cancer( including experimental if the insurance company is especially stupid.)

Definitely a treatment center that specializes on patients who are easy to treat and or who got plenty 'o dough.

by MoJoreply 6206/06/2011

Our friend tried to get treatment from them about six weeks ago. They refused because of his insurance. He died 3 weeks ago.

by MoJoreply 6306/06/2011

Hilarious

by MoJoreply 6406/09/2011

[quote]2) Those with insurance they like, like Tri-cor for ex-military, and any other insurance that will not quibble with them about what is effective and needed to treat cancer( including experimental if the insurance company is especially stupid.)%0D _______________________________________________%0D %0D Peggy looks ex-military. I love to see Peggy when she's about to cry. Reminds me of a child who just got his/her favorite toy taken away.

by MoJoreply 6506/10/2011

[quote]Almost all patients with pancreatic cancer are at stage IV on presentation, meaning that the tumor has spread through the blood or lymph nodes to distant locations in the body.

Perhaps this led her original doctor to assume she was Stage 4 when she actually wasn't, and it was a misdiagnosis, as R10 suggested? If she was at a lesser stage and through sheer dumb luck had an excellent reaction to treatment, it could explain why she's alive five years on after having received that diagnosis. Because that is odd.

by MoJoreply 6606/13/2011

She was alive in March, R56. The web of deception thing says she completed a new commercial for the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in March 2011.%0D %0D The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is an excellent organization; it's very weird that she works for them and then turns around and does commercials for these people.

by MoJoreply 6706/13/2011

Who cares if it's peg?

by MoJoreply 6806/13/2011

I like Phyllis Ellis and her name. I like her earrings too. They would look great with my caftan.

by MoJoreply 6906/13/2011

[quote]They are always hiring nurses; that should tell you something because nursing jobs are tight in this economy.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't understand what that's telling me.

They hire a lot of nurses? Isn't that a good thing?

by MoJoreply 7006/13/2011

[quote]The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is an excellent organization; it's very weird that she works for them and then turns around and does commercials for these people.%0D %0D I believe Phyllis works for them as well.

by MoJoreply 7106/13/2011

Peggy, her sister Pam....do you think she has another lesbian sister named Pat?

by MoJoreply 7206/13/2011

Poor Peggy, with that stage 4 cancer I bet she hardly has the strength to play her beloved Boggle!

by MoJoreply 7306/13/2011

Peggy's first doctor: "Peggy, you were in shock and not comprehending the gravity of what I was telling you so I had to repeat it bluntly. However, I made a mistake and you were misdiagnosed as having cancer when you never did. Now you're a shill for a scam clinic. Your whiny ass is really annoying and offputting. Peggy...go fuck yourself."

by MoJoreply 7406/16/2011

Some people do survive what should have been a terminal cancer. My friend's mother had ovarian cancer that had spread when they found it, which usually means the cancer is fatal. They pretty much gutted her from the waist down, and somehow she is still alive over five years later.

by MoJoreply 7506/16/2011

I can top that. My doctor forgot to send me the biopsy results for a skin thingy. I called. He was gone for two weeks. They looked for anothe doc. Finally found one. Conversation: You have the biopsy? Yes. Was it a Melanoma? Yes. What stage? Four. (my lengthy pause.) So, that's it? Yes, that's it.%0D %0D I swear to God, word for word.%0D %0D Just to piss them off, I'm still alive almost nine months later.

by MoJoreply 7606/16/2011

Bump

by MoJoreply 7706/17/2011

"My Doctor said, "Peggy, you have Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer... Well, Peggy, your ass is grass!"%0D %0D Okay, I believe in miracles as much as the next guy, and maybe more. However, pancreatic cancer amounts to a death sentence. It's 100 percent fatal 100 percent of the time.%0D %0D I suspect that Peggy's physician was not omly wrong in telling her to go home and get ready to die, he was also wrong about his diagnosis.

by MoJoreply 7808/19/2011

Peegy = Steve Jobs

by MoJoreply 7908/19/2011

Does anybody think she sounds like Ellen Degeneres?

by MoJoreply 8008/19/2011

I thought I had pancreatic cancer but then I had a long, deep fart and I felt good.

by MoJoreply 8108/20/2011

Phyllis Ellis would make a good Mammy if they remade GWTW

by MoJoreply 8208/20/2011

The Cancer Center underwrites Michfest most years. They just don't talk about it.

by MoJoreply 8308/20/2011

[quote]The symptoms of pancreatic cancer are upper abdominal pain that may radiate to the back, jaundice, changes in bowel and bladder habits (light-colored stools with dark urine, fatty, foul-smelling stool), jaundice, fevers, and weight loss. Most of the symptoms are caused by obstruction of ducts in pancreas, so they do not appear until the tumor has grown large enough to compress the ducts. Almost all patients with pancreatic cancer are at stage IV on presentation, meaning that the tumor has spread through the blood or lymph nodes to distant locations in the body.

R47 you didn't mention the second stage of symptoms that appear within minutes of those symptoms manifesting themselves:

[bold]DEATH[/bold]

by MoJoreply 8408/20/2011

I just wanna SANNNNNNNNNNG!

by MoJoreply 8508/20/2011

I've had two friends that contacted a CC of A hospital.

They only take you if you have shitloads of cash and/or an insurance policy with no annual or lifetime caps

AND

They also don't take ANYONE who is, you know, actually sick. They turn away truly terminal cases and focus on people who would normally have a good chance at survival.

If their product was any good and/or cost effective, it would be everywhere and they wouldn't need to advertise the fuck out of it. Those ads are to encourage rich suburbanite ladies who watch Oprah and take a shit at her command to cough up tons of money for treatment.

by MoJoreply 8608/20/2011

Oops, I was going to form an answer; however, Oprah has commanded me to take a shit. I will return momentarily.

by MoJoreply 8708/20/2011

I've been diagnosed with stage two pancreatic cancer. (It was truly found by accident.) I've had surgery (whipple procedure) that was truly the most horrible thing I've been through in my life. I begin chemotherapy soon. Blood tests look good, no sign of it in my lymph nodes or in any surrounding organs. Still my stated chance of survival is one in six at best. If the cancer reappears, it will be within the next six to twelve months, most likely in the liver. I'm a little on edge.

by MoJoreply 8808/20/2011

Keep us advised how it's going, R88. Sending healing your way. I do believe that cancer cells detect that sort of energy and croak themselves (but not you.) Here's to a smooth recovery.

by MoJoreply 8908/20/2011

I nominate "Oprah has commanded me to take a shit. I will return momentarily," for Datalounge's latest catchphrase.

by MoJoreply 9008/21/2011

[R90} I second that

by MoJoreply 9108/21/2011

My god, people are always searching for the Utopia where everyone will constantly smile, call them by name and greet them with open arms. IT DOESN'T EXIST.

by MoJoreply 9208/21/2011

Peggy is my new best friend!

by MoJoreply 9308/28/2011

I saw Phyllis Ellis, Peggy Dyke, and Steve Jobs in the drive-through at Krispy-Kreme a little while ago.

Phyllis was driving -- bitch has a big black Chrysler 300!

All three were eating sugar bomb do-nuts with both hands.

by MoJoreply 9408/28/2011

Most of you on this thread are going to hell, send us a postcard.

by MoJoreply 9510/26/2012

[quote]They are always hiring nurses; that should tell you something because nursing jobs are tight in this economy.

[quote]Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't understand what that's telling me. They hire a lot of nurses? Isn't that a good thing?

I don't see that anyone answered this (over a year ago, I know), but it implies that their nurses are constantly quitting.

by MoJoreply 9610/26/2012

All the negative comments are so RUDE!! and the foul language and Gay comments. She is a Human being! Sorry, Peggy, I can't erase all the the ignorance. I believe in your story and wishing you a longer, happy life.

by MoJoreply 9702/08/2013

r97, WTF? Are you the same person that got pissy that people find the dancing queen pedia-care commercial obnoxious?

by MoJoreply 9802/09/2013

My stools have always smelled bad. Do I have pancreatic cancer?

by MoJoreply 9902/09/2013

Well, my shit don't stink so I know I don't have it.

by MoJoreply 10002/09/2013

Why can't webofdeception.com be accessed?

by MoJoreply 10102/09/2013

I saw a new commercial yesterday with a DC (chiropractor) named Karyn or Caryn..anyhow this woman is also a bodybuilder and she made Peggy look like Audrey fucking Hepburn. Anyone else seen this new butch chick on the Cancer Treatment Center commercials? There's also a pediatrician and his cancer stricken wife on the new ones. They are shilling the hell out of this place since people found out it's a racket.

by MoJoreply 10203/18/2013

Yes this commercial is very disturbing. Anyone who knows the basics of pancreatic cancer knows this commercial is more or less a fraud.

I do not like all hospital ads on TV and radio-they are very misleading- depressing really. And I am a professional in one of the best hospital centers in the US. I am ashamed of their ads as well.

But then there is all manner of outright fraud on TV and radio re health care from fat burning pills to rehab centers to implied cures for all manner of illness and disease that is not remotely accurate. There are also the legitimate pharmaceutical advertised on TV hawking their good directly to "consumers" who have no idea how to use them and in what circumstances. I have to turn away from all of it.

When you are a doctor or a nurse and know something about disease and treatment, these ads are very very hard to watch. They really prey on people. But then so do ads for food items that essentially do no more for you than a pack of cigarettes. Don't kid yourselves either, food companies know exactly how harmful 32 oz sodas are among other things. They also have carefully calculated how much they can increase their profit margins by marketing soda in large sizes.

We live in strange times. People have no idea how much they are being manipulated.

by MoJoreply 10303/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.