Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bearded Saleslady at Barnes & Noble

I am in Florida and I was at Barnes & Noble and there was a lady with a goatee at the counter (to protect her privacy, I won't say the city.) When I saw her, I thought I might have been hallucinating because I had just come in during a very hot afternoon, but I talked to other people who confirmed her existance.%0D %0D I have worked corporate retail before and I am pretty shocked that they let her get away with this. Has anybody ever worked at Barnes and Noble? Don't they have strick appearance guidelines?

by Anonymousreply 6003/03/2013

[quote]Don't they have strick appearance guidelines?

I don't know.

Why don't you call and aks them?

by Anonymousreply 105/27/2011

Times are had honey. At this point they would hire a goat if it could sale books.

by Anonymousreply 205/27/2011

Stop making fun of black people, r1.

by Anonymousreply 305/27/2011

I'm surry doesnt anybudy proofreed there riting aneemore?

by Anonymousreply 405/27/2011

There's something wrong with her balls -- leave her alone, OP.

by Anonymousreply 505/27/2011

OPs muff may be saggy, but thanx to a Weed Whacker, it ain't shaggy.

by Anonymousreply 705/27/2011

Some women embrace the beard. Yes it's strange but it's not unheard of. A lot of them are lesbians or even transgender but the majority are just regular women with families.

by Anonymousreply 805/27/2011

"existance"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 905/27/2011

Doesn't this belong in the Michfest thread?

by Anonymousreply 1005/27/2011

Cool story, bro. Tell it again.

by Anonymousreply 1105/27/2011

I saw a well-dressed lady out once, and was horrified to see she also sported a chin full of wild hairs. There is no way she couldn't have noticed them. She just didn't care. I could NOT finish my enchiladas after that.

by Anonymousreply 1205/27/2011

"Times are had honey"%0D %0D Oh, dear?

by Anonymousreply 1305/27/2011

I'm just glad we got rid of pantyhose.

Women of every color used to sport hairy legs with little hairs poking out of the mesh. It's not as spooky when it's not matted down like that.

by Anonymousreply 1405/27/2011

[quote] Because Gibsonton still has some carny folk. Maybe she's working during off season to help support her freak family.

Does that explain all the fat ladies I keep seeing?

by Anonymousreply 1505/27/2011

live and let live

by Anonymousreply 1605/27/2011

Granola women are known to not shave or wear make-up.

by Anonymousreply 1805/27/2011

"I have worked corporate retail before and I am pretty shocked that they let her get away with this."%0D %0D Barnes and Noble is a book store of course and book stores are sometimes less likely to the intolerant sources in our society- as you seem to be OP. %0D %0D Was she nice, was she helpful, was she neat and clean?%0D %0D Or was it the beard that facial hair that offended you? Post your pic and let's decide if you are fit to work in retail.

by Anonymousreply 2005/27/2011

Wonder if it was Jennifer Miller, the famous Coney Island bearded lady.

by Anonymousreply 2105/27/2011

R20 get off your high horse you self-righteous heifer.%0D %0D A woman with a beard is either attention seeking or just nasty. Either way it is gross. OP doesn't need to justify his own looks in order for some of us to agree that a bearded chick is just gross.

by Anonymousreply 2205/27/2011

I grew up when not shaving your underarms was considered hip and sexy (I think the illustrated original edition of "Joy of Sex" played a part in this) and I still think that if a woman has nice-looking underarm hair and keeps it neat and clean it should be allowed. As far as legs go, it's easy enough to wear pants if you don't want to shave them. I still think a good-looking woman with full leg hair in stockings can be quite sexy, especially women of color. But it's sort of a weird look and I wouldn't do it.

The trouble with facial hair on women is that it doesn't usually come out as a full moustache and beard, just this wispy looking stuff that would look bad even on a man. I guess that's my rule. If it would also look bad on a man, depiliate.

by Anonymousreply 2305/27/2011

Show me you pic R22 and I'll decide.%0D %0D Are heifers also banned from view? Describe a heifer.

by Anonymousreply 2405/27/2011

Not true, R22.

I've seen women attempt bleach and wax to make it invisible and it doesn't work. It's better that she just leaves it alone.

She makes minimum wage to deal with your ass looking for discounted bestsellers and the bathroom. Wax and bleach should not be a priority.

Furthermore, her boyfriend probably gets the best knob job of his life with that furry lip and chin brushing against his johnson.

Now you've put me in the mood for some Bulgarian drag.

by Anonymousreply 2505/27/2011

"I have worked corporate retail before and I am pretty shocked that they let her get away with this."

You mean you were shocked that they were lawfully conducting their business and prudently avoiding a certain lawsuit that would have ensued if they would have insisted that she shave?

Not to mention the possibility that this person might have been a transitioning transexual.

by Anonymousreply 2605/27/2011

R3, R1 wasn't making fun of black people but of OP's spelling.

by Anonymousreply 2705/27/2011

I am not OP but I live in a Florida city where there is a woman with a long chin beard (nothing over the lip). I have seen her there for at least a couple of years and she does not appear to be FtM and usually is wearing a skirt of other feminine attire. There also is a homeless crackhead female here who has a full scraggly beard, and the two women resemble each other except that bookstore lady is well-groomed, clean and pleasant. I am sure that the bookstore could not order the woman to shave her beard unless it also ordered the male clerks to shave their equally scraggly beards.

OP did you read that the jackass street preachers who yell at patrons exiting the gay bar were arrested for robbing a hotel bar? Serves them right.

by Anonymousreply 2805/27/2011

R26, does your brain touch the top of your spinal chord? Any company that employs people that work with the public to represent the company can be VERY strict with guidelines for personal appearance. Disney Parks, for example, doesn't even allow any of their MALE employees to have facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 2905/27/2011

I'll bet she's also a genderqueer female lonely gay male doctor who speaks English as a second language!

In other words, just another

Estrogen-challenged

Saleslady

Tale

by Anonymousreply 3005/27/2011

There is a cashier at my local Safeway store with a beard. The hairs are really long, dark, and wirey, but she only has 20ish of them. My five year old nephew asked her if she was a lady or a man. She did not look pleased, but I cannot imagine why she wouldn't shave it off.

by Anonymousreply 3105/27/2011

[quote]does your brain touch the top of your spinal chord?%0D %0D Heh, heh.

by Anonymousreply 3205/27/2011

What books were you buying, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3305/27/2011

[quote]does your brain touch the top of your spinal chord

Oh, Dear!

by Anonymousreply 3405/27/2011

I guess it's her business and I'd love to defend her, but something about it just makes me feel UGH.

by Anonymousreply 3505/27/2011

Well, if you think THAT'S bad, the pharmacist's assistant where I get my prescriptions filled is a BALD woman. AND she's a lesbian. And no, she doesn't have cancer and isn't on chemo.

Which is worse?

by Anonymousreply 3605/27/2011

I see lots of Hispanic women who don't shave their legs.

by Anonymousreply 3705/27/2011

"Barnes and Noble is a book store of course and book stores are sometimes less likely to the intolerant sources in our society-..."

Please translate, Charlie. I thought you were an English speaker.

by Anonymousreply 3805/27/2011

"I've seen women attempt bleach and wax to make it invisible and it doesn't work. It's better that she just leaves it alone." I worked with a young woman whose bleached upper lip hair looked utterly ridiculous. She had naturally black hair, pale skin and blue eyes. She was attractive in a Demi Moore sort of way, so yes, the hairy lip was extremely distracting, it certainly didn't jibe with the field we worked in, fashion. This woman was tall, thin, fashion forward, with gorgeous long thick hair and a blond caterpillar on her lip! One guy couldn't take it any longer, he took her aside and suggested she get it waxed, which she finally did, We never understood why she ignored this glaring flaw on her otherwise pretty face, she was from a cultured moneyed background, yet walked around with a blond moustache for many years. I think it was a form of protest for her, she always told us how controlling her parents were and how happy she was to have escaped to NYC from her small town in Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 3905/27/2011

There's a bearded lady at my pet food store. The fact that she has a beard makes me happy for reasons I can't explain. I guess I spend so much time grooming obsessively and still not being that happy with the way I look, it's kind of liberating to see someone just rock her lady-beard and not give a shit. I wish I could be like that.

by Anonymousreply 4005/27/2011

Named Lydia?

Probably covering up the tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 4105/27/2011

I saw a young woman with a red beard a few days ago. It was a red, curly centaur beard.

by Anonymousreply 4205/27/2011

When i lived in Atlanta, my mechanic was a bearded lady.

by Anonymousreply 4305/27/2011

My partner's sister is in a permanent vegetative state, and she has a beard because the nursing home doesn't trim her facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 4405/27/2011

I knew a woman who used to brag about her sister in law's beard. It was apparently a braided goatee. I always thought that if she thought it was so cool she should just grow out her own facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 4505/27/2011

[quote]I still think a good-looking woman with full leg hair in stockings can be quite sexy%0D %0D Oh god please NO

by Anonymousreply 4605/27/2011

Just be glad you have a Barnes and Noble that's open. If it had been Borders, the Bearded One would be out of work.

by Anonymousreply 4705/28/2011

daytona beach

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2013

I think these things are some kind of masachism issue. They like being deformed. I dealt with a handsome guy the other day who had a huge 'beauty mark' high on his face, and as he got closer I noticed it had hairs coming out of it.

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2013

[quote]I knew a woman who used to brag about her sister in law's beard. It was apparently a braided goatee. I always thought that if she thought it was so cool she should just grow out her own facial hair.

It sounds like all these women have some kind of hormone imbalance/endocrine problem. It's pretty tough to be able to grow out any longish facial hair as a woman, much less a whole beard or enough for a braided goatee unless you've got polycistic ovary syndrome or something like it.

by Anonymousreply 5002/26/2013

Ye, they have hormonal problems but still, I would ask them to blow on me for luck.

by Anonymousreply 5102/26/2013

[quote] there was a lady with a goatee at the counter (to protect her privacy, I won't say the city.)

Sarasota, The winter home of Ringling Brothers and Barnum &Bailey circus?

by Anonymousreply 5202/26/2013

I don't consider Florida part of the south--it's more like part of another planet.

It's not uncommon to see hirstute gals these days. Much of it is culturally acceptable in Mexico--they don't shave their legs, and often have very hairy faces. And it's no big deal to them.

by Anonymousreply 5302/26/2013

Curious, but was she wearing overalls by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 5402/26/2013

It was a man you asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5502/26/2013

A bearded female employee at B&N? This is why they lost out to Amazon and the anonymity of the Internets.

by Anonymousreply 5603/01/2013

HOLY SHIT!!!!! I know where you are DB lol she's real crazy

by Anonymousreply 5703/03/2013

For heaven's sake most women get some facial as they age. If they are really getting on maybe they can't see it.

If women have noticeable upper lip hair they used to get electrolysis done to remove it. If all you have are some loose hairs then you just need to tweeze them. no big deal. Like you'd tweeze eyebrows.

I think laser treatments work successfully now. But everyone can afford a tweezer.

by Anonymousreply 5803/03/2013

Should probably has some kind of hormone issue that causes all the facial hair, hence management doesn't want to deal with it because it's a medical issue and not a personal hygiene issue.

by Anonymousreply 5903/03/2013

I worked at B&N for years. My boss was a chainsmoking version of Miranda Priestly whose mantra was "Perception is everything." She promoted and/or overlooked people on looks more than once and it bit her in the ass.

Back then we were required to wear a shirt and tie. Now that's gone by the wayside.

Amusing that Amazon is now doing to B&N what B&N did to all those awesome independent bookstores: fucking them right in the ear.

by Anonymousreply 6003/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.