Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hugette Clark died

Reclusive heiress died at 104. Criminal investigation into her finances continues.

by Anonymousreply 3601/08/2013

What's on her Victrola?

by Anonymousreply 105/24/2011

Lol, r1.

"(She's Only) A Bird in a Gilded Cage"

by Anonymousreply 205/24/2011

"Alexander's Ragtime Band"

"Sister Suzie's Sewing Shirts for Soldiers"

and a selection of "Old-Time Song Instrumentals" from Chauncey Olcott, Ernest R. Ball, and Rida Johnson Young!

by Anonymousreply 305/24/2011

Who will play her in the movie of her life?

by Anonymousreply 405/24/2011

Ivy Crosthwaite

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2011

"Leave me alone"

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2011

BTW, her name was "Huguette."

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2011

Gone too soon.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2011

Who gets that DELICIOUS real-estate???

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2011

That's the $64,000 question, r9. If it goes to her crooked attorney and financial advisor, the distant relatives will contest the will. The same prosecutor who went after Brooke Astor's son is on the case. This is going to get interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2011

Did anyone else read this as "Hugest Cock died"?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2011

We had some interesting threads about this lady.

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2011

Thanks OP. The boyfriend and I have loved sharing the stories on this lady for the past year. There's been a CBS Sunday Morning piece on her and of course the extensive writing on her on MSNBC.

Can't wait to find out if that asshole attorney ends up with all of it.

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2011

I don't understand how she could have had such great wealth if she had to sell a painting to give her friend a gift of $10 million.

I would love to know what her wealth was, real estate not included. I mean, just how much was in the bank?

And you just know there was likely gold or jewelry she stashed at some point in her life which will likely never be found or not found for many years to come.

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2011

This was just on NPR news.

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2011

r14 I was wondering the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 1605/25/2011

Didn't she have that beautiful home in Santa Barbara that she only went to a few times?

by Anonymousreply 1705/25/2011

From what I read, her 5th Ave. apartment is filled with paintings and art objects. She was cash poor (relatively speaking), so when she needed a big chunk of change, she sold her objects or paintings. Each painting could sell for 30 or 40 million. Her Stradvarius (sp?) violin sold for close to 5 million.

by Anonymousreply 1805/25/2011

I have heard she is worth 500 million dollars. She owned one of the largest apartments on 5th Ave. The apartment is 42 rooms. She became reclusive when her mother passed away. She was so reclusive that her own staff rarely saw her. She loved to buy dolls from Christie's and Sotheby%E2%80%99s and she was a major doll collector. She would comb their hair and she would play with them. She also gave children dolls all over the world. It think it%E2%80%99s sad because she sounds like she was a very lonely person. I think wealth isolates people sometimes. Her lawyer is a major pig. It is reported the guy took millions form this lady.

by Anonymousreply 1905/25/2011

[R19]--agree. And doesn't sound like the accountant was much better. Convicted sex offender.

by Anonymousreply 2005/25/2011

I'd have Rowan Atkinson play the lawyer and Miranda Richardson play Huguette Clark.

by Anonymousreply 2105/25/2011

I think she would have been a lot happier had she spread the wealth around to the less fortunate on her own accord instead of becoming a misanthropic tightwad...

by Anonymousreply 2205/25/2011

Martha Stewart has cancelled all meetings for the day, devoting herself to landing 907 Fifth.

by Anonymousreply 2305/25/2011

Floorplans of 907 Fifth, and the Martha Stewart connection.%0D %0D (The illustrated plans are [bold]typical[/bold] of the building, and perhaps not a faithful representation of the Clark apartments.)%0D %0D [quote]In actually Huguette's 42-room digs are two unconnected units on two different floors of the building. One is a full floor prairie like spread and the other a half-floor apartment where it has been reported Huguette keeps her extensive collection of dolls and dollhouses. Getting from one apartment to the other requires a short but inconvenient elevator ride.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2405/25/2011

[quote]Read the document: the judge's rulling.

Oh, dear, MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 2505/25/2011

Could the lawyer look more like a douche?

by Anonymousreply 2605/25/2011

Luise Rainer to play Huegette Clark in the story of her life. Olivia DeHavilland will play the younger Huegette in selected flash back sequences.

by Anonymousreply 2805/25/2011

No, R27, your vigilance as defender against shills is charming, but I have two (now three) posts on this thread, and no affiliation to (nor much admiration for) the site to which I linked.

by Anonymousreply 2905/25/2011

No r11. Just you.

by Anonymousreply 3005/25/2011

Her accountant, at OP's link, looks like a life-size cabbage patch doll.

by Anonymousreply 3105/29/2011

They reported that her estate would be on hold until they figure out what to do with it because they have no idea what to do. Wouldn't her estate go to her half brothers and sisters?

by Anonymousreply 3205/30/2011

"n actually Huguette's 42-room digs are two unconnected units on two different floors of the building. One is a full floor prairie like spread and the other a half-floor apartment where it has been reported Huguette keeps her extensive collection of dolls and dollhouses. Getting from one apartment to the other requires a short but inconvenient elevator ride."

And there are people who are living in shelters or can't afford rent for a crappy studio. No one needs 42 rooms! Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 3306/01/2011

Her will was read today, she left $500K to her attorney and $500K to her financial adviser. Family got nothing. The rest goes to charity.

by Anonymousreply 3406/22/2011

Bumping this thread because it gets curiouser and curiouser

[bold] Homeless Heir To $300 Million Huguette Clark Fortune Found Dead [/bold]

A homeless man who was the long-lost relative of reclusive New York railroad heiress Huguette Clark and a potential heir to her $300 million fortune has been found dead in Wyoming.

Timothy Henry Gray, Clark's 60-year-old half great-nephew, was found dead under a Union Pacific Railroad overpass in Evanston, Wyo., on Thursday, NBC News reports. Children who were sledding nearby found Gray's body.

Temperatures in Evanston, a mining town, had hit a low of 0 in recent days. The coroner said it appears the homeless heir, who could have inherited $19 million of Clark's $300 million fortune, had died of hypothermia, according to NBC. There was no evidence of foul play.

Gray's siblings said their homeless brother disappeared after their mother died in 1990, according to the Associated Press. If Gray did not have a will, his siblings could receive his share in addition to their own, NBC explains.

Gray was the adopted great-grandson of former U.S. Sen. William Andrews Clark, a wealthy copper miner, railroad builder and the founder of Las Vegas. Huguette was the youngest of William's seven children.

Huguette died in May 2011 at 104 years old, after living as a recluse for decades, the New York Times previously reported.

In the 1930s, she removed herself from Manhattan society and lived in solitude for the next quarter-century in her Fifth Avenue apartment surrounded by her dolls. In the 1980s, Huguette checked herself into a New York City hospital. She lived in hospitals around Manhattan until her death.

Huguette's $300 million estate was contested by her extended family and several parties close to her. Two wills signed by the heiress spawned the legal conflict. One stated her fortune would be given to relatives, while the other, signed six weeks after the first, said none of her money would go to family members.

by Anonymousreply 3501/02/2013

Damn! He could have been rich!

by Anonymousreply 3601/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!