Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Patricia Heaton Has Lost Potential Roles Because of Her Politics

Known around left-leaning Hollywood for her conservative stances on weighty issues like abortion and stem cells, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' star Patricia Heaton is happy to explain how important her Christian faith is to her and how it shapes her views and career choices.

"My feeling is all these things come from God and as long as I know I'm staying in line with Him, I don't have to worry if there is backlash," she told me during a visit to AOL's New York offices. "God will open any doors he wants to open and if he closes doors that's fine to."

Telling me that she has many gay friends and doesn't oppose gay marriage, Patricia gets frustrated being automatically lumped together with other conservatives, a characterization she says has cost her possible work.

"We know for a fact there are some people who have said they wouldn't want to work with us because of our politics," she said, with her husband David Hunt adding, "We get lumped in with lunatics."

So instead, Patricia has teamed up with her director-husband to produce and distribute their own show, 'Versailles,' a new 8-part comedy web series airing on My Damn Channel. Patricia plays a deceased B-movie actress whose presence looms large over her two children (one played by David) as they produce a public access talk show.

"Around the house if he ties to tell me how to do something I say don't tell me, don't control me. But when we did this he was terrific as a director. I was nervous about having him direct me," Patricia tells me.

"I don't think I could have afforded her if we weren't married," David jokes. "I was a bigger star then she was when I met her. She owes me. I took a decade off my career to raise the kids. Plus, a big bonus is she gets to sleep with the director."

It wasn't until she hit 35 that Patricia's career really took and she spent years struggling and sleeping on friends' futons before 'Raymond' made her rich and famous.

She also isn't at all surprised that the Britneys and Lindsays of the world crash and burn being so success so young.

"Too much money and too many 'yes' people around you at early age. Fame didn't come to me until I got married and had kids. When we got married neither of us had anything," Patricia tells me. "I've let go of needing to be an to an actor so if that pipeline shuts down I wouldn't be upset. I'm perfectly happy."

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 10404/25/2012

Between Heaton and Doris Roberts, I had no desire to watch Raymond.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 105/22/2011

What's the problem with Doris Roberts?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 205/22/2011

I thought the same r1 and never watched when it was first run episodes.%0D %0D But catching it in syndication - it's often times brilliantly funny.%0D %0D It's not what I thought it was. It's a pretty dark sitcom.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 305/22/2011

Shut up, Patty Heaton.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 405/22/2011

I really like "The Middle". I don't care what her politics are because she's a gifted actress.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 505/22/2011

She has a bitchy repuation

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 605/22/2011

I still remember her appearance on Letterman post 9/11 where she bitched and moaned about losing at the recent Emmy ceremony. She comes across as holier than thou, which might have something to do with why she doesn't get work. %0D %0D She's "old" in Hollywood terms. She should be grateful that she even had the success she's had. And she's still having.%0D %0D %0D %0D

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 705/22/2011

Massive cock hound.

Big Palin supporter.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 805/22/2011

I like her work I just wish she'd SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 905/22/2011

[quote]"We get lumped in with lunatics."

Oh, well. Lie down with dogs. Get up with fleas.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1005/22/2011

what roles did she not get?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1105/22/2011

I'm to the left of just about every American politician.

I'm also a great admirer of Everybody Loves Raymond and everyone connected with it, including Ms. Heaton. I would like to see her much more often.

If she is not getting cast because of her conservative beliefs, it's a damn shame. I would also question whether there might be some sexism involved in this if this is true, given that many right wing male stars including Jon Voight, Kelsey Grammer, Arnold Schwartzenegger, James Woods, including some, like Mel Gibson with much more offensive views than Ms. Heaton's, have not seemed to have suffered in their careers.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1205/22/2011

I thought she was great on Raymond. Like really great. It's one of those shows that is nice to watch when there is nothing on.

But she's a sitcom actress. It is the curse of the sitcom actress that you get your one hit show and then you are done.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1305/22/2011

[quote] It is the curse of the sitcom actress that you get your one hit show and then you are done.

Really?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1405/22/2011

She should be assassinated or burned at the stake. How dare she say these things! Destroy her I say!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1505/22/2011

God, Repubs like her just want to moan and bitch. It's like Jim Caviezel saying his roles are drying up when in fact he works just as much now as he ever did over the last 15 years - no more, no less. She's a victim of old age, which is every woman's fate in Hollywood. Don't blame being a Republican - blame your God who neglected to make your stupid ass immortal.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1605/22/2011

Whiny bitch. The true Christian martyrs - the ones who faced real persecution and death - don't give a fuck.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1705/22/2011

[quote]It is the curse of the sitcom actress that you get your one hit show and then you are done. Speak for yourself, bitch.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1805/22/2011

Put on your Man Pants!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 1905/22/2011

So she throws out gay marriage as something she doesn't oppose - that doesn't mean she supports it either otherwise she would say it.

She's been very vocal about her politics and supported a lot of bullshit Republican theories and misinformation.

I don't get all the Patricia Heaton love on this thread - that's not usually the reponse she gets. These responses don't read true.

Seeing she's on a hit comedy, I don't see how her career is suffering - particularly compared to her former castmates.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2005/22/2011

She does support gay marriage - she actively opposed Prop 8.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2105/22/2011

So, is she more of a "good Republican"?%0D %0D As opposed to that chick from Northern Exposure?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2205/22/2011

A demonstration of Patty's charm and intelligence.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2305/22/2011

Stupid whore. Wish she'd kill herself.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2405/22/2011

If she's losing out on roles, it's not because of her conservative politics or religion. Everyone in Hollywood worships the same god and has the same belief system... money money money.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2505/22/2011

She's been on two hit sit-coms. I'd like to 'lose out on roles' the way she does.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2605/22/2011

she's a cunt

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2705/22/2011

[quote]So she throws out gay marriage as something she doesn't oppose - that doesn't mean she supports it either otherwise she would say it.

She actually campaigned against prop 8, doing more than a lot of our 'more admired' left-leaning celebs.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2805/22/2011

I remember her giving non-stop interviews when the whole Terry Schiavo mess was going on and how she was part of some group trying to get some dr. to intervene and stop her husband from taking her off life support. She was a cunt supreme who used it to get herself in front of the camera.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 2905/22/2011

Fuck that cuntbitch! There are certain things you don't discuss in polite company, lest you risk offending people. Nobody told her to talk about her goddamn politics...

You reap what you sow, Patty Cakes.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3005/22/2011

Seriously, what roles has she missed out on? She needs to accept she is a sit-com mom, nothing more, nothing less. She's not a leading dramatic actress and she's not the action type. I can't imagine too many roles coming in that don't have her being the mom holding the family together. I like her current show but I won't be contacting the network if it gets cancelled.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3105/22/2011

Boo-Fucking-Hoo!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3205/22/2011

This discussion would be a lot more meaningful if Patty were not an insufferable cunt.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3305/22/2011

[quote] Seriously, what roles has she missed out on?

Probably an endless stream of Lifetime movies.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3405/22/2011

I'm with you r29. I remember the big stink she made about the Terry Schiavo case. Every night she was on ET or Access Hollywood.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3505/22/2011

She is not a gifted actress, in fact she is barely an actress at all. On both of her successful shows she plays rather stupid, middle class, bitchy housewives. If you've ever seen her on a talk show you already know she has limited intelligence, and that she is a total bitch. The time I saw her she explained that when she put on her fake bangs she "became" her character. She sounded like an idiot. She seems to have forgotten that she is from a middle class family in chicago, and that she plays herself on every show.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3605/22/2011

R36 - She's from CLEVELAND, not Chicago.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3705/22/2011

she is lucky to have her role on The Middle....MOST sitcom stars have trouble getting other roles regardless of their gender or politics%0D %0D %0D Jason Alexander, Paul Reiser, Brad Garrett, Ray Romano, Paul Reiser, Helen Cunt, David Schwimmer.....

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3805/22/2011

My mama used to say "Nobody likes a tattle-tale and nobody likes a sanctimonious piece of shit."%0D %0D Heaton certainly embodies the latter.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 3905/22/2011

Look, I'm gay and support equal rights down the line. But I'm not rah-rah abortion or test tube babies or all this "playing God" science. Messing with the natural creation process seems kind of sci-fi sinister to me.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4005/22/2011

That's great, R40. It's important that you get a say in how other people live their lives. Otherwise, they'll run around doing things you don't agree with, and that's so unfair to you.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4105/22/2011

Are you a good Republican, or a bad Republican? Only bad Republicans are ugly.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4205/22/2011

And wasn't she part of that Rush Limbaugh/Michael J. Fox thing too when he made fun of Michael J. Fox and Patty defended him or something, during the election?

Truth is, good actresses can find work, though yes it's harder for older actresses. But if people have a reputation, nobody wants to work with them. Isn't that right, Debra Winger? Especially because so many of the roles out there, at least on tv, could be played by ANYBODY.

Heaton brought NOTHING to Everybody Loves Raymond. It happened to be a pretty good show and she was adequate, which is all that role called for. Doris Roberts acted circles around her.

But apparently Romano was very cheap and the cast didn't make a lot of money for years. He even cut them out of syndication but then they stuck together and forced his hand when the dvd's were released. Doris Roberts said it was 'a good day to be a Jew,' whatever that means.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4305/22/2011

She fucked any chance of a more substantial career when she agreed to play herself as a harried suburban hausfrau ("Emergency! I'm snack mom for today's play date!") on the lame, unfunny Albertson's ads that ran incessantly on L.A. television for a few years.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4405/22/2011

Is she even Republican? She's right that she's been lumped in with Republicans, but other than being pro-life, is she actually Republican?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4505/22/2011

also meant to add that when she starred in the remake of the Goodbye Girl on TNT, I think, she was HORRIBLE in it. This was a movie from the late 70's with Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfuss and it was very well written, Neil Simon in fact, and watching her 2000's remake was PAINFUL. Her talent or lack thereof is the reason she's lost jobs.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4605/22/2011

This is the bitch who went after the "Drawn Together" billboard because it featured two CARTOON female characters kissing, and her child was traumatized after seeing it. Fuck her!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4705/22/2011

Ironically, her best work was on that Fox sitcom that didn't last a season, where she and fellow Rethug Kelsey Grammer played news anchors and ex-lovers. It was totally different from the working class housewives she usually does, and she was smart and funny. Of course, it was an intelligent sitcom on Fox, so nobody promoted it or watched it and it died quickly.

But as a person she's insufferable.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4805/22/2011

She's had the lead female role on three network sitcoms in a row. What exactly is she missing out on? I can think of many actresses in her age range who are better, but don't get these plum opportunities. If she actually is losing roles, her age and gender would be more a factor than her politics. She's a woman over 40 and everyone not named Meryl struggles to find decent work. She's better off than most of her peers.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 4905/22/2011

I watch The Middle every week even though I don't like Heaton's politics. It's a good show. But it's the kids on it that really make it worth watching (particularly the actress who plays Sue).

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5005/22/2011

She IS a great actress. LOATHE her politics but I think she AND Doris Roberts are phenomenally talented.

I would love to have seen Doris in a Woody Allen role.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5105/23/2011

These poor Christians! They make up 79% of the US population and yet they are persecuted! It's a mystery for sure.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5205/23/2011

I support her stand against abortion. I love to see pro-gay people speak out against infanticide publicly. She is a great role model for basic morality and decency.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5305/23/2011

R53. don't you have some dusting to do, dear?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5405/23/2011

Heaton is one of the most fortunate actors in the world.

By the final season of RAYMOND, before accounting for residuals, and such, she was probably earning, per episode, more than most American families earn in ten years.

Why would right wingers complain about producers exercising individual rights?

She is not better or worse, as an actor, than hundreds and thousands of other actors. However, she won the lottery, and came out a multi-millionaire.

If she never works again, she has still triumphed, and by many multiples.

Boo-fucking-hoo for her!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5505/23/2011

R29, that was my first exposure to her. Howard Stern would play her tearful ads and laugh at her mercilessly. I don't blame him, they were ridiculously over the top and so maudlin. %0D %0D This is the second interview I've read about Heaton where her love of all things gay is brought up without any prompting or particular reason. The first is when she did a show Off-Broadway. Is it part of her contract that every interview mention her love of gays? It always comes out of left field and seems forced.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5605/23/2011

Oh and she really should do a show with Janine Turner and Angie Harmon.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5705/23/2011

She's married to some producer or something. There house is so over the top, it was featured in Architectural Digest. And she's bitching about not getting enought work.%0D %0D I watch The Middle but it's INSPITE of her. Or perhaps, in spite, would be better. It's not as good as Roseanne, but it's one of the few working class sitcoms on T.V. that isn't a Tyler Perry abortion. I like Modern Family (so sue me), but damn, just how rich are those people?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5805/23/2011

[quote] He even cut them out of syndication but then they stuck together and forced his hand when the dvd's were released.

Absolute bullshit. Their SAG contracts cover residuals for syndication and DVD sales.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 5905/23/2011

Hey, all - I'm supporting my gays by appearing on Nate Berkus today!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6005/23/2011

So she's losing roles because of her politics and not because she's an uncharismatic, one-note actress who pretty much can only play a shrew. And fuck her with the random mention of her gay friends. Why doesn't she also mention the black friends she has and how she doesn't oppose civil rights for them while she's at it?

Gay people still lose jobs and don't even get hired in many places because of who they are and I'm expected to feel sorry for this whiny, entitled psycho bitch cunt who supports the Repugs in actively denying large sections of people their rights. Fuck her!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6105/23/2011

Not enough.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6205/23/2011

Look, as far as politics go, I consider Patricia Heaton a rancid cunt. However, if she had anything of interest to bring to the acting world, I could deal with it.

But she doesn't.

No charm, bland looks, merely serviceable skills, unlikable countenance. I'll pass.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6305/23/2011

I have no problem with enforced unemployment for a cunt who wants to deny other people their rights.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6405/23/2011

I only watch "The Middle" because of the young lady who plays the daughter. That young lady is a really great and fearless comedic actress.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6505/23/2011

I watch for the eldest son and the funny daughter (still laugh about her science project she did about unicorns).

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6605/23/2011

"I don't care what her politics are because she's a gifted actress."%0D %0D %0D %0D You have unbelievably low standards.%0D %0D %0D "I support her stand against abortion. I love to see pro-gay people speak out against infanticide publicly. She is a great role model for basic morality and decency."%0D %0D %0D Wow, another absolute moron posting on this thread.%0D %0D %0D %0D "She actually campaigned against prop 8, doing more than a lot of our 'more admired' left-leaning celebs."%0D %0D %0D Please, tons of liberal celebs campaigned against prop 8 or gave money to fight it. And, unlike Patricia, they don't vote for anti-gay politicians.%0D %0D

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6705/23/2011

I wrote something much earlier, but I think it was too wordy.

Short version: She is an actor who has made a fucking barge-load of money on a show that ran nine years. She is more lucky that 99.999% of every actor who has ever lived.

I don't care if she never-ever works again, whether it's because of her politics or her tits.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6805/23/2011

Heaton is an OK actress, but she's not very likable onscreen, IMO, and the world is full of unemployed 40something actresses who have more on the ball than she does. I'm a bit tired of these mediocre right wing actors (and, sadly, most of them seem to fall into that category) whining about losing roles when they clearly aren't that talented. Meanwhile, all the gay actors are hiding in the closet, bearding up with actresses to fake-out middle America, and they would lose their entire career if people beyond gossips on the internet figured out they liked cock. Then there are minority actors and women, who can scarcely find work, unless it's as a drug dealer, thug, or in the case of women, the dreaded girlfriend role, which dries up when they turn 40. Most of these actors are most likely liberal, and they have huge obstacles in their way to success, but I don't hear quite so much victimization from the majority of them. Life in showbiz isn't fair, unless you're a white male who can pull off an action role.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 6905/24/2011

God, if you need any help closing doors for her, let me know.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7005/24/2011

Bitch didn't lose any roles because of her politics. She lost them because of a lack of talent, resistence to putting out, her general obnoxiousness and her holier than thou attitude. She should be on her knees thanking her god that she had a good run on that shit show with Raymond cause it isn't going to happen again.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7105/24/2011

Patricia Heaton **BEAT** Jane Kaczmarek TWICE for the Emmy, and they both played a similar type of frazzled housewife role.

Love her or hate her, she is a good comedic actress with impeccable timing.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7205/24/2011

For whatever reason, she has a flair for playing angry forty-something women. Her character in Raymond didn't really take off until later seasons when she started yelling all the time.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7305/24/2011

Has she provided an iota of evidence that she has ever lost a single role due to her politics? It's interesting that everyone on this thread has simply accepted this claim without challenge.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7405/24/2011

People have called bullshit on her, R74, but she'd have to be the one to prove it. And she's not going to identify anyone by name because that's not the Christian thing to do. God bless our Patty!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7505/24/2011

[quote]It is the curse of the sitcom actress that you get your one hit show and then you are done.

Really? I thought I was too damn old to learn new things!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7605/24/2011

I'm a liberal Democrat, so I'm hardly a fan of conservative Republicans. That said, Patricia Heaton does not have "a bitchy reputation." Not at all. People who work with her tend to like her very much. She has a good reputation as a hard worker and a talented comedienne. My brother, also liberal, worked with her on a theater project in New York and had only nice things to say about her: friendly, professional, honest, easygoing. The fact is, a lot of people on the other side are perfectly fine; they just see the world differently.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7705/24/2011

Heaton probably loves the teabaggers.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7805/24/2011

Check out R 14 at the less popular Patricia Heaton thread.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 7905/24/2011

Didn't most of the cast on Raymond loathe Heaton?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8005/24/2011

Seriously, whom is this semi-human bicycle blowing that she gets roles in spite of being a talentless, shrill, haggard shrew?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8105/24/2011

She was pretty entertaining and affable on Wendy Williams today.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8205/24/2011

Maybe Heaton lost jobs because she's not a very good actress...did y'all ever think of that Cletus? She is one dimensional, if that. Her stock and trade is being a hunched back know who is a constant buzz kill. And if that isn't the perfect commentary on Heaton and her dirty confederate party's mantra I don't know what is.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8303/10/2012

People actually like the daughter on The Middle? I find her absolutely intolerable. How her parents or siblings have not murdered her is one of the greatest mysteries of the universe. The father is the only likable character. The rest of them could all be decapitated by a serial killer and I wouldn't shed a tear.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8403/10/2012

Yeah. Right wingers like MS. Patty, Kelsey Grammer, and Tom Selleck have really had stunted careers because of their politics. Give me an effin break.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8503/10/2012

GOOD. The fucking Repubs are the first ones to claim the free market allows the right people and products to rise to the top and that employers should be given "conscience exemptions" in making choices about human resources decisions and no employer should be forced to do anything to violate his or her conscience - - so have the conscience driven free market sister and shove it right up your ass

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8603/10/2012

Does she draw unemployment when she can't get these potential roles?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8703/10/2012

She's been wildly successful--she was a prominent character on a popular sitcom that ran for years. I assume she made buckets of money from that.

Most actors--about 99 percent--don't have the sort of success that she's had.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8803/10/2012

Poor me! I'm wealthy, I live in mansion, I have plastic surgery, I appear on successful television shows! Feel sorry for me --WAAAAH!

I'm such a victim here!

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 8903/10/2012

Her insane tweets about "Georgetown Gal" show that she belongs with the "lunatics."

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9003/10/2012

Everybody Loves Raymond had one of the most anti-gay episodes ever on American TV back around 2000. It was called "What's wrong with Robert?" It was so disgusting I never watched the show again.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9103/10/2012

I always thought she lost roles because she's a runt, not because she's a cunt. Which she is.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9203/10/2012

Just remember that when someone says they are for gay marriage but then supports right wing candidates, they are hypocrites. Republican politicians who are moderate socially, still vote for and support conservative judges.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9303/10/2012

[quote]Everybody Loves Raymond had one of the most anti-gay episodes ever on American TV back around 2000. It was called "What's wrong with Robert?" It was so disgusting I never watched the show again.

The synopsis sounds hysterical.

85. What's With Robert?" January 10, 2000

The family talks about how Robert is unable to keep a girlfriend and decide that he must be gay. Robert is shocked, Frank blames Marie for being smothering & Marie is too supportive. Robert starts doubting his own sexuality, but later decides that he is not Gay after talking to Ray.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9403/10/2012

Heaton is known for overheatin' every once in a while. It's always ugly when she does. You may have admired her in a role, and then she makes a stupid public statement. Good reason why actors should keep their mouths shut except when they're reciting a script.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9503/10/2012

So THAT's why she has lost roles. I stupidly imagined that it was because she can't act and no one wants to watch her.

To think that but for her politics, she could have played Margaret Thatcher. Oh, but those ARE her politics.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9603/10/2012

[quote]I support her stand against abortion. I love to see pro-gay people speak out against infanticide publicly.

I love to see supposedly "moderate" Republicans giving themselves away as right-wing nuts by hysterically describing the removal of a sentience-free embryo as "infanticide." As for Patty Heaton, whether she's getting work nowadays, of any kind, is completely irrelevant given that she's set for life from her "Raymond" salary and residuals. I also find it hard to truly hate Christians who are in favor of gay marriage, and thus presumably have an actual understanding of what the Bible is really about (unlike the James Dobson types who cherry-pick anti-gay quotes from otherwise-obsolete parts of the Bible).

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9703/10/2012

Her husband was a bigger star than she was once? Who the hell is he, I never heard of him. She should thank her lucky stars - she has had two hit comedy series and has done pretty well for herself considering she is pretty one-note.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9803/10/2012

Wow, some of the comments disagreeing with Heaton are viscious! What ever happened to live & let live? She's not anti-gay and if she was an undiscerning follower, that would be easy for her to be. She probably should keep her politics more to herself but so should other celebrities. I love "The Middle" and her in it. And I'm gay and left-leaning.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 9904/25/2012

lost "some roles" because of her politics?

Fuck her.

how about the hundreds of actors who lost entire careers under the blacklist of the 50's.

People in her party are running around now saying the blacklist was a good thing because there were communists.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 10004/25/2012

Her character on ELR was so bitchy. All I could ever think was why would someone stay married to this cunt?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 10104/25/2012

She's quite good but so awful. I'm torn.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 10204/25/2012

Let's see- she's on a fucking sitcom! Why is she crying the blues?

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 10304/25/2012

I, too, have thuffered for my principles.

by GOOD! Hope she loses them allreply 10404/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!