Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jake Gyllenhaal ***SLAPS*** With Lawsuit!

Jake Gyllenhaal's lawyers are scouring the Internet, attempting to eradicate a picture of the actor that shows him stretching in his tighty-whitey underwear.

The letter was sent to a few websites, including and Gyllenhaal's lawyers claim that "as anybody could tell from a cursory examination, this is a fake picture, in which our client's head has been pasted on the body of another person."

Gyllenhaal's pose in the photo is said to resemble an album cover pose of singer Grace Jones. The photo might be a nuisance

to Gyllenhaal, but the legal campaign seems to have backfired. "We're keeping the photo up, since it hasn't been proven fake and because their letter bumped it from 'funny and cute' to 'actually newsworthy,'" reports

Indeed. Gyllenhaal's lawyers allege the photo violates the actor's legal rights by "portraying him in a false light, violating his right of publicity and constituting a false designation of origin in violation of the Lanham Act."

At least one photo expert believes the image is a fake, so perhaps Gyllenhaal isn't stretching. No, maybe just his lawyers.

Photo in question at link

by Anonymousreply 6706/04/2011

[quote]Indeed. Gyllenhaal's lawyers allege the photo violates the actor's legal rights by "portraying him in a false light, violating his right of publicity and constituting a false designation of origin in violation of the Lanham Act."%0D %0D %0D Oh the irony. %0D %0D How about the non-bearding world sues Jake Gyllenhaal for 'falsely representing' himself virtually every day.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2011

Oh, my!

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2011

Well at least we now know the picture is fake

by Anonymousreply 305/20/2011

Wow, is Jake a Scientologist? This is right out of Tom Cruises play book.

by Anonymousreply 405/20/2011

Pic doesn't look fake. What's the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 505/20/2011

Celebs have photoshopped images of themselves all over the internet (some very unflattering).

He doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2011

So I guess Mr. Gigglehole reads Queerty.

by Anonymousreply 705/20/2011

We always knew Jake was a closeted homosexual, now we know he is a Prancing closeted homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 805/20/2011

Streisand Effect and he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 905/20/2011

Because only a gay man would try to recreate the cover of Grace Jones' Island Life. This sorta makes him look very gay.

by Anonymousreply 1005/20/2011

WTF is his problem? I wonder what would happen if he knew he is a favorite on many male foot fetish boards - his feet pics are a regular on most of them as a favorite among foot fetishists. %0D %0D This all comes with the territory of wanting everyone to know you and want you. So live with it, Gyllenhaal. And grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 1105/20/2011

He hasn't got a leg a stand on! Seriously. I am certain this is a fake photo, unless he owns the right to either the head shot or the body shot (that is to say he was responsible for it's creation and has not released it into public commons) he has no say so in where it is published.

by Anonymousreply 1205/20/2011

R11, Which sites, you pansy asshole??? WHICH SITES????

by Anonymousreply 1305/20/2011

Looks like we found the new Tom Cruise....

by Anonymousreply 1405/20/2011

r14 he's acting exactly like Tammy. If he had just let it pass, nobody would care except the gays (maybe only even those on gay forums). This way he's just attracting attention to it all.

by Anonymousreply 1505/20/2011

It is a real photo.

by Anonymousreply 1605/20/2011

Why do people think Jake is gay? I haven't gotten that one either yet...

by Anonymousreply 1705/20/2011

I thought queerty's site went down?

by Anonymousreply 1805/20/2011

I didn't realize he was doing the Grace Jones "Island Life" pose until this article - funny I didn't recognize that right way. Wow, that ups the gay by 110%.

by Anonymousreply 1905/20/2011

The Grace Jones cover pic came immediately to my mind when I saw the pic for the first time.

I'm gayer than I thought!

by Anonymousreply 2005/20/2011

Guess Toothy Tile doesn't want people to think he's gay...oh's too late.

by Anonymousreply 2105/20/2011

This is a dick move on Jake's part. What an anal retentive douche. I loathe people who take themselves too seriously and you can tell Jake thinks VERY highly of himself.

by Anonymousreply 2205/20/2011

Goofy. Nobody including queerty ever said it was really him.

by Anonymousreply 2305/20/2011

Wow - I'm surprised at so much vitriol against this guy. Well, not really. Most of this is because he won't admit he's queer and throw away his life to help the movement. You can tell it's fake immediately, especially if you've studied Jake closely for many hours and days as I have. His thigh/ass demarcation is not nearly that firm. And the vertical line is a common trick used to sell fakes. I coould go on. Who knows, maybe the Queerty will lose this suit, not for the original pic but for the piling on.

by Anonymousreply 2405/20/2011

I don't think it's fake, the body appears spot on.

by Anonymousreply 2505/20/2011

Why does he care about some badly photoshopped picture? If every celebrity sued over every manipulated picture on the internet, there wouldn't be enough lawyers in the world to handle all the law suits.

by Anonymousreply 2605/20/2011

All sorts of celebs have amusing photoshopped photos of them all over the Net. They don't normally sue over it, or take it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2705/20/2011

That photo is fake.

The photo of him hanging by his prehensile tail, grasping fan mail with his furry monkey feet is real, however.

by Anonymousreply 2805/20/2011

r24 is making me nervous.

by Anonymousreply 2905/20/2011

"His thigh/ass demarcation is not nearly that firm."

by Anonymousreply 3005/20/2011

[quote]Most of this is because he won't admit he's queer and throw away his life to help the movement.

He wouldn't "throw away his life", he'd actually be LIVING his life truthfully and happily. It has nothing to do with any "movement" and everything to do with personal integrity.

by Anonymousreply 3105/20/2011

He really is pathetic. His films are on my Don't Bother List, along with anything starring Tammy Cruise, Jodie, or Mel.

by Anonymousreply 3205/21/2011

Does the picture actually damage Gyllenhaal's reputation? Will people skip his films because they think he prances around in tighty-whitey undies? Will this prevent him from doing ads for Calvins?

by Anonymousreply 3305/21/2011

Can you imagine Clooney doing this? Or even Brad Pitt? God knows HOW many photoshopped images those two inspired.

by Anonymousreply 3405/21/2011

I think he's striving for a particular image, which he feels he needs to have in order to secure those A-list action hero/leading men roles he so obviously and desperately wants. I wonder how many roles he's lost to the likes of Gosling, who seems to be getting EVERY coveted young leading man part these days.

by Anonymousreply 3505/21/2011

That picture is fuckin' hot. I'm gonna fap to it.

by Anonymousreply 3605/21/2011

Jake wants to be taken as a serious actor, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 3705/21/2011

"I'm surprised at so much vitriol against this guy."%0D %0D Really?%0D %0D You like stupid, entitled bitches?

by Anonymousreply 3805/21/2011

Public people place a lot of importance on their image. I get it. I don't think it's a big deal that he wold try to stop this, but it seems to have only drawn more attention to it.

by Anonymousreply 3905/21/2011

Someone on DL once said, 'if all of these rumours aren't true, then why hasn't there been any lawsuits?'

I guess Jake reached his limit.

by Anonymousreply 4005/21/2011

The first time I saw that photo was on reddit, not here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 4205/21/2011

"Public people place a lot of importance on their image. I get it."%0D %0D Jake hates looking gay.%0D %0D Jake doesn't have a problem with fake photos where he looks hot:

by Anonymousreply 4305/21/2011

If you visit Justusboys and other sites they have worse photoshopped pics of Jake..%0D %0D I don't get why that one made him mad's so tame compared to the others..%0D %0D Why didn't he sue Jarhead and Brokeback Mountain?

by Anonymousreply 4405/21/2011

Cuz it looks real and it cast a gay light on him. The others are obvious fakes, this one not so much.

by Anonymousreply 4505/21/2011

r45, People can tell right away its fake.

by Anonymousreply 4605/21/2011

Can anyone find the the orginal from this pic?

by Anonymousreply 4705/21/2011

I wonder how Jake reacted when he saw the photo? Did he stamp his little feet and throw a fit?

by Anonymousreply 4805/22/2011

I'm no photoshop expert, but even I could tell it was fake. Jake's body is nowhere near as hot as the one in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 4905/22/2011

R29 Sorry to be so long in getting back to you. Thanks so much, makes it all worthwhile.%0D %0D If Jake were to make a headline appearance and announce that his conscience simply wouldn't allow him to live a lie any longer and blah-diddy-blah-blah, and leap out, which he probably will do once he's no longer remotely hot and bankable, oh how the tune will change.

by Anonymousreply 5005/22/2011

After Elton making fun of Jake: %0D %0D Posted by Dennis Ayers, Managing Editor on May 26, 2011 %0D %0D [bold]More Photos Surface of Jake Gyllenhaal (Allegedly) Posing As Grace Kelly[/bold] %0D %0D Good gracious. A number of websites have been getting takedown notices asking for the removal of a certain adorable photo that looks like Jake Gyllenhaal striking a classic Grace Jones pose. We were inclined to believe it was a fake, but how then to explain these obviously, definitely true photos that just surfaced? %0D %0D Maybe the actor has a thing for famous ladies named "Grace?" In any event, we're sensing a theme: call it Gyllengrace. %0D

by Anonymousreply 5105/27/2011

It's not fake. You can spot a photoshop job a mile away. That isn't. It's him all the way.%0D %0D It's obvious this was taken during an "intimate" moment and somehow made its way on the internet. %0D %0D Plus the fact that he brought lawyers into this, which speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 5205/27/2011

Jake can slap all he wants.

Google "Jake Gyllenhall Grace Jones" images.

Those pictures are everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 5305/27/2011

Until y'all brought up the Grace Jones thing I thought it was this one

by Anonymousreply 5405/27/2011

Has Jake never heard of the "Streisand effect?"

by Anonymousreply 5505/27/2011

by Anonymousreply 5605/27/2011

52: Crazed, fat fangirl that made that horribly photoshopped pic and tried to obscure his feet by photoshopping socks on the feet and tried to make it difficult to find the original Jake pic on Jake sites by screwing around with the hair, look at the "halo" around it, LOL!! Also photoshopping the watch on his wrist has distorted the hand.%0D %0D All signs point to a Jake slash fanhag because a casual "fan" wouldn't have bothered with that shit.%0D %0D Too bad that she was too busy hiding his feet, etc to realize that they chose the wrong body.%0D %0D PS: the original pic is from a family member of the hag that was posted on his FB so you won't find it on a regular site.

by Anonymousreply 5705/27/2011

R57 - please take your medications.%0D %0D And then enjoy Gyllengrace photos:

by Anonymousreply 5805/27/2011

[quote]Kathy B %C2%B7 Member %C2%B7 2 comments

[quote]@Marcus: That%E2%80%99s your decision, but I noticed all throughout this thread that gays were wondering if Jake still supported them. If you, as gays can%E2%80%99t show consideration and respect to a hetero, don%E2%80%99t expect it in return. I can guarantee you that if the sucky way the gays have spoken about and treated Jake is the norm, your progress will be just that much slower. I am frankly disgusted with the way many gays on this forum have acted; I can assure you that I have never in my life treated a gay person in this manner and I will not be returning to this site. I understand your bitterness but you are exacerbating and perpetuating the war AND IT WILL BE YOUR LOSS.

Comment on the article. Typical 'gay friendly' frau.

by Anonymousreply 5905/27/2011

Jake has become a laughing stock.

by Anonymousreply 6005/27/2011

Are the Jake photos all gone?

by Anonymousreply 6106/01/2011

you guys should stop the gay gossips before he sues datalounge too.

by Anonymousreply 6206/01/2011

"Are the Jake photos all gone?"%0D %0D Of course not!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6306/01/2011

What is it about Jewish boys and their underwear photos?

by Anonymousreply 6406/01/2011

I've never thought Jake was gay. Now I do. In fact, I think I'll let the world know...%0D %0D %0D He picked me up one night and paid me for sex. He has a small cock. Didn't matter though, he likes to bottom and have me cum on his face.

by Anonymousreply 6506/04/2011

If this is a fake, then where is the source picture for his head?

by Anonymousreply 6606/04/2011

This is from a few weeks ago. Sounds like a PR plant. Reeks of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 6706/04/2011
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!