Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Morrissey Finishes New Album, Bashes Kate Middleton

Morrissey has again hit out at the media for their coverage of the recent Royal Wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Last month, the singer was widely quoted after he told BBC Radio 4's Front Row programme he believed the Royal Family were %E2%80%9Cbenefit scroungers%E2%80%9D.

In a statement issued to his fansite True To You, Morrissey said interview, originally with Dermot O'Leary, had been %E2%80%9Cchopped and cropped%E2%80%9D.

%E2%80%9CI'm sorry I made the Detergent O Leary radio interview so difficult but I was in a foul mood, having spent a full week surrounded by the royal dreading,%E2%80%9D he said.

%E2%80%9CEngland may very well be a Windsor dictatorship, but - PR Weddings aside, it is usually quite bearable.%E2%80%9D

He added: %E2%80%9CIt is distressing, but in all manner of British media in 2011 we are only allowed to hear the same old thoughts and feelings expressed over and over and over again.%E2%80%9D

He went on to highlight how the death of punk icon Poly Styrene had gone largely ignored due to the Royal Wedding coverage.

He said: %E2%80%9CDuring the week of the royal dreading, Poly Styrene died. Having made an enormous contribution to British art and sound %E2%80%93 at a desperate time when so many of us needed her, Poly Styrene's death was all but ignored by the British television news media, who instead rained hours and hours of blubbering praise onto Kate Middleton %E2%80%93 a woman about whom nothing is known on a personal level.

%E2%80%9CThe message is clear: What you achieve in life means nothing compared to what you are born into. Is this Syria??%E2%80%9D

Meanwhile, Morrissey has revealed that work has been completed on his new studio album.

by Anonymousreply 1307/19/2014

Come back when you're in a funk because of something real....that doesn't quarantee as much publicity.

by Anonymousreply 105/09/2011

I love (much of) his music, but he's so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 205/09/2011

When isn't he an insufferable cunt. I can't imagine spending time around someone so miserable.

by Anonymousreply 305/09/2011

I cannot for the life of me understand why he never hooked up with Rupert Everett. These two bitter queens would be so busy grudge fucking each others mouths so we would be spared any more of their woe-is-me bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 405/09/2011

Why is it that the only time you hear about an English celebrity is when they're shooting bitter quips and barbs at others?

Is it a part of English culture to be acidic towards one another? I always hear them saying they're "just taking the piss out of someone".

by Anonymousreply 505/09/2011

He can be a cunt, but I think in this instance he is dead-on.

by Anonymousreply 605/09/2011

WTF is Poly Styrene?

by Anonymousreply 705/09/2011

The Flavor Of The Month ( pick a name from the top forty,of the last thirty years),will be another(tired retread) Flavor Of The Month next month. Morrissey has defined what it is to be an artist for more than thirty years. As a supposed "culture"of gay men we claim to recognize and crave a true original. But time and time again we choose the cheap,hologram. The flashy shitstain,who claims to "love her gays". "This world is full of crashing bores. I am not one. You don't understand,and if you can't take me in your arms and love me." I have always done things the hard way. That is why true love found me! I,also,often feel sad for the the gay men,who can't seem to put their finger on the problem of their existence. "Maybe a new skin-tight,ultra-flamboyant four hundred dollar woman's blouse will make me whole?" "Maybe something new for my hole?" Anywhoo, Morrissey has other things to think about. He (mostly) stopped worrying about us ( but not ALL of us!) a long,LONG time ago. Please,I know this is an old thread. All Moz threads are the same. That's why I bumped one randomly to "represent "a different take on the subject(even though,just like in the straight world the ignorant troglodytes will always have the last word)! Kisses.

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

[quote]Last month, the singer was widely quoted after he told BBC Radio 4's Front Row programme he believed the Royal Family were “benefit scroungers”.

I agree with him on that. The idea of "royalty" is so out-of-date, especially in the 21st century. They don't even act classy, so why bother having them?

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

It's nice that the larger that medicine ball of head of his gets the bigger his gut and hips do.

Proportion is all.

What a tedious know-nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2013

He's now near death in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

I didn't like his new album. The lyrics seem extremely poor to me. His pessimism seems cheap this time, it is very obvious...

However, the music that surrounds its lyrics is certainly melodic. What a pity...

Morrissey has sung a number of good songs in the past, but unfortunately he is decadence now and not even in a poetic way.

by Anonymousreply 1207/19/2014

Guess not r11.

by Anonymousreply 1307/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!