Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who the hell is Susan Mikula and how the f*** could she get Rachel Maddow?????

I make all the effort in the world to look fuckable and this overweight, old, unappealing woman lands Rachel Maddow????%0D Anyone please explain, I don't get it.

by pissed off lesbianreply 12905/14/2015

Sorry, R10 -- that girl's not butch. Short hair does not a butch make.

by pissed off lesbianreply 1205/09/2011

by pissed off lesbianreply 1305/09/2011

Can't resist necro-reply here.

Ms. Mikula is an artist, and is obviously lovely to anyone with eyes.

I would suggest the only unappealing person here is the original questioner, who is obviously shallow. Is anything less appealing than a whiney, self-obsessed narcissist? Give me barely plump and well-adjusted any day!

by pissed off lesbianreply 1811/14/2012

[quote]Rachel is a classy-looking butch woman, and believe me -- those women are hard to find

by pissed off lesbianreply 2011/14/2012

Susan looks like she'd be a lot of fun. So what if she's chubby? The two of them look pretty happy together.

by pissed off lesbianreply 2111/14/2012

Rachel Maddow looks like a dude!! Ugh.

by pissed off lesbianreply 2211/14/2012

I'm betting she's hot in the sack.

I think she's beautiful. But I'm not afraid of curves.

To each their own.

The ugliest people are the one's who care way to much about what other people find attractive.

by pissed off lesbianreply 2411/14/2012

They're both fucking hot.

by pissed off lesbianreply 2511/14/2012

I think they look cute together.

by pissed off lesbianreply 2611/14/2012

[quote]Look at the photo of Maddow just before she went to Oxford. She was definitely no looker.

Speak for yourself. Plenty of girls I know find that shaved-headed nerdy butch totally attractive.

by pissed off lesbianreply 2711/14/2012

Susan projects a zaftig, Mother Earth thing. She seems sweet.

And some of those Mother Earth are complete MANIACS in bed.

by pissed off lesbianreply 2811/14/2012

Not nearly as bad as Cynthia Nixon and her partner.

BTW, what's up with Rachel's neck? Is she part giraffe?

by pissed off lesbianreply 2911/14/2012

She's probably a smart cookie. Looks sooner or later go but stupidity lasts forever. I like Maddow, but she packs no sexual heat.

by pissed off lesbianreply 3011/14/2012

she was great with a shaved head. That look was very 'in' at the time, too

by pissed off lesbianreply 3111/14/2012

I've been around Maddow in person. Honestly, she was surprisingly sexy; I never thought so from watching her on her show. She was also surprisingly thin. I say "surprisingly" because she doesn't seem to have a body type that would look much bigger on camera--but apparently she does.

I hope they're happy and that that they're as non-superficial as they seem.

by pissed off lesbianreply 3211/14/2012

She look like a man

by pissed off lesbianreply 3411/14/2012

I think the two of them make a very attractive couple. The only one who needs to see the beauty in her mate is Rachel and she obviously does.

It's a good sign that Rachel wouldn't fit in well on Datalounge. She appears to be a woman with a balanced educated mind. We won't discuss her obvious superior ethics.

I'm hoping Rachel is a sample of gay people to come in this century. The stuff form the 20th by and large was all damaged goods.

by pissed off lesbianreply 3511/14/2012

[quote] So what if she's chubby

Did you see the link at R9?

That ain't chubby. That's obese.

by pissed off lesbianreply 3611/14/2012

I'm mostly straight but I definitely would get my lez on with Rachel. Especially with the butch hair. And I am as girly-girl as you can get.

by pissed off lesbianreply 3711/14/2012

[quote]I'm mostly straight but I definitely would get my lez on with Rachel. Especially with the butch hair. And I am as girly-girl as you can get.

What the fuck does that even mean?

by pissed off lesbianreply 3811/15/2012

There's some hot pics of Rachel by Susan on her website (at least we think it's Rachel.) They're not explicit at all, just off center compostions that capture a torso, a shoulder and some hands in her lap. I can't explain it but they're fucking sultry.

I'm betting these two definitely have a sex life most of us would envy.

by pissed off lesbianreply 3911/15/2012

by pissed off lesbianreply 4011/15/2012

OP...plenty of straight couples lose their looks as they age. Plenty of men and woman get fat. And if they weren't all that attractive to begin with, well then, it can go downhill quickly.

This isn't just a lesbian thing; it's a universal thing.

Rachel and Susan aren't oil paintings, but who the hell is? Who did you want Rachel to marry...Linda Evangelista?

I'd say any woman or man for that matter would be goddamn lucky to have Rachel as a partner. Sorry for you that Susan isn't a household name, but she may be a great person. At least Rachel thinks so.

by pissed off lesbianreply 4111/15/2012

r42 have you watched the show the past couple of days? I think someone in MSNBC wardrobe has taken the cue . Her jackets are fitting much more nicely these days.

by pissed off lesbianreply 4311/15/2012

Rachel wears the same jackets constantly. She blends into the woodwork. She needs to be a little perkier. Thankfully, her bright white face stands out like a beacon because, well, she's not big on make-up.

by pissed off lesbianreply 4411/15/2012

I just watched it on DVD. I only half heard it yesterday while I was doing other things. I can't even remember her jacket tonight. Maybe it really is better.

She's still in the DVD, I'll take a look after I finish watching Lawrence. At the moment he's in full rant, which I enjoy.

by pissed off lesbianreply 4511/15/2012

Perhaps if you were less off an asshole you could get someone like that as well.

by pissed off lesbianreply 4611/15/2012

If Maddow were an attractive man you'd all be up in arms about "his fat, older wife."

by pissed off lesbianreply 4811/15/2012

There's no woodwork on that set, Katie.

Personally I don't really have an issue with the jackets. But a couple days ago I noticed they switched it up and she wore a bright blue collarless jacket and I thought it was good on her and good on the set.

I really like the dark pin striped number she wore on election night. That was sharp.

I saw her do a live show once. She is skinny and seemed to have a small frame. I couldn't judge her height because I was watching from above but she had a great presence about her. The best part was when she asked the audience afterwards if they had any questions or fact-checking for the show they did.

I think she's lost more weight recently, I hope she's not getting carried away with it.

by pissed off lesbianreply 4911/15/2012

Gay guy here who thinks Susan is lovely. To compare her with Holly Petraeus just because they're both heavy is the height of stupid.

by pissed off lesbianreply 5211/15/2012

If this were anyone but St. Rachel, EVERYONE here would be persecuting Susan for being a fat frump. Be honest!

by pissed off lesbianreply 5311/15/2012

[quote]To compare her with Holly Petraeus just because they're both heavy is the height of stupid.

How was I comparing them in the looks? I was merely pointing out that in a similar (hetero) situation the wife got vilified for letting herself go.

I agree with R53.

by pissed off lesbianreply 5411/15/2012

I think they look terrific. I do wish Rachel was a guy because I'm in love with her.

by pissed off lesbianreply 5511/15/2012

r54, 53. And those comments are misogynist as well, sorry. I don't begrudge people their fun and don't really bother with those threads because they just don't interest me but it's not right in that context either.

In any event, I don't think there is really a comparison between the two women. I just enjoy discussing Maddow more than Mrs. Petraeus. I do think Susan is cute and stylish (in the second photo). She has a great smile and seems to emit a very sexy and warm demeanor.

But again, I say that as a dyke who isn't afraid of curves belly, and large breasts.

by pissed off lesbianreply 5611/15/2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Obviously Rachel thinks Susan is beautiful. This just makes Rachel more of a real person to me. They r lucky to have found each other. And really if I can't have her I hope she stays w Susan. Id hate to c her slut it up. U stay w Susan babygirl!

by pissed off lesbianreply 5701/02/2013

[quote]Id hate to c her slut it up. U stay w Susan babygirl!

You are not on Twitter, dear. Write full sentences, please.

by pissed off lesbianreply 5801/02/2013

"Maybe she makes her laugh." To quote Marcus from Sex in the City.

by pissed off lesbianreply 5901/02/2013

In response to r58: who made you the grammar police? I'll post however I want.

by pissed off lesbianreply 6001/03/2013

Not that you should give a shit what an anonymous poster thinks of you, but whenever I see such spelling I think the writer must be intellectually lazy or uneducated.

by pissed off lesbianreply 6101/03/2013

In that picture of the two them Susan looks okay (reminds me of Susan Estrich), but Rachel looks downright freakish!

by pissed off lesbianreply 6201/03/2013

That's all well and good OP, but you forgot to work on your personality.

by pissed off lesbianreply 6301/03/2013

Dear god, why are we digging up this thread again?

by pissed off lesbianreply 6401/03/2013

I know too many vain, shallow people who are very lonely.

To really love is love someone whether or not they fit some narrow cultural ideal.

Because really, who does? If those who who come the closest start aging at some point.

by pissed off lesbianreply 6501/03/2013

Vain, shallow people -- AT DATALOUNGE?????????

Say it ain't so!

by pissed off lesbianreply 6601/03/2013

To 58: ur right...I don't give a shit what u think.

by pissed off lesbianreply 6701/05/2013

They are a wonderful-looking couple and they only enhance each other's attractiveness.

Love them.

by pissed off lesbianreply 6801/05/2013

[quote]To 58: ur right...I don't give a shit what u think.

Nobody gives a shit what a lazy speller thinks.

by pissed off lesbianreply 6901/05/2013

by pissed off lesbianreply 7001/05/2013

They are both pieces of shit.

by pissed off lesbianreply 7101/25/2013

I would be embarrassed to walk around with that thing.

by pissed off lesbianreply 7201/25/2013

They look great together and I hope they stay that way. 15 years is terrific.

by pissed off lesbianreply 7301/25/2013

Are there any current pics of the gf?

Has she lost ANY weight..... because at r9's link, she looks like a whale.

by pissed off lesbianreply 7401/25/2013

OP, maybe you're too angry for Rachel. Go to Mich-fest or something

by pissed off lesbianreply 7501/25/2013

R4 makes me want to vomit.

by pissed off lesbianreply 7601/25/2013

I am guessing Susan Mikula is very intelligent, talented, wealthy, and GGG in bed, as Dan Savage would say. I think most people make an exception for that combo.

by pissed off lesbianreply 7701/25/2013

There is no way a whale can be excellent in bed....

Bitch can hardly move.

by pissed off lesbianreply 7801/25/2013

WTF. Mikula is overweight, yes, but she's hardly a whale with mobility issues.

by pissed off lesbianreply 7901/25/2013

Rachel Maddow obviously has mommy issues.

by pissed off lesbianreply 8001/25/2013

I concur, r80.

Do we know anything about her mother. Did she reject Rachel or something?

by pissed off lesbianreply 8101/25/2013

Rachel Maddow is actually a very attractive woman. Have you ever seen her high school pictures? Goregous. Why she chose to be with an older woman (who I'm sure dates her by at least 10 years) is interesting. Probably love right? She really could have any woman she wanted though, and even in some eyes (especially based on her High School pix) any man she wanted, if she wanted a man.

by pissed off lesbianreply 8203/08/2013

think again delusional fangirl

by pissed off lesbianreply 8303/08/2013

I met one of Maddow's ex-girlfriend. Attractive, smart, tall thin and dark-haired. Same age. They broke up because their jobs took them to opposite coasts. The one I met said Rachel was always reading and was faily intense by not unmanageable.

As Woody Allen says, the heart wants what it wants.

by pissed off lesbianreply 8403/08/2013

If people are together because they love each other, that's cool. I'm not gonna be judging that.

by pissed off lesbianreply 8503/08/2013

Wow, I wish people would judge my current level of attractiveness on my high school pictures - I looked great back then.

by pissed off lesbianreply 8603/09/2013

Makes me wanna fall in love, too! Awww ...

by pissed off lesbianreply 8703/09/2013

They're a cute couple.

by pissed off lesbianreply 8803/09/2013

indeed they are, and op is a bitter $%^

by pissed off lesbianreply 8903/09/2013

Wow. Rachel Maddow's a chubby chaser! Who knew?

by pissed off lesbianreply 9003/31/2013

Wow. Who knew all you sad queens who live alone in walk-ups and post here on Christmas Day could be so envious of two women who love each other and have a long term relationship?

by pissed off lesbianreply 9103/31/2013

I am jealous.

by pissed off lesbianreply 9203/31/2013

More shallow bitches. Shut up.

by pissed off lesbianreply 9303/31/2013

geez really? you guys should read back over all of your douche bag lame and shallow...and typical..grow the fuck up

by pissed off lesbianreply 9408/16/2013

It appears to me that Rachael is much less shallow than those who are complaining about her partner's age or body. I say to Rachael you go girl ....follow your heart and love whom ever you want! To the complainer.... Get a life!

by pissed off lesbianreply 9510/01/2013

I've heard that story about "yardwork" and that's how they met. It's so bizarre, it may be true.

But - really?

by pissed off lesbianreply 9610/01/2013

Seriously, Rachel's no looker herself. Anyway, the macula lady is cute, she's just real chubby is all. She can still lose weight. Rachel Maddow's not out of her league at all, not mismatched.

by pissed off lesbianreply 9710/17/2013

Well as long as you take the time to look fuckable come over to the straight side, I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would oblige and indulge you.

by pissed off lesbianreply 9810/19/2013

Now girls,

they're both ugleeeeeeeee

by pissed off lesbianreply 9910/19/2013

If you listen to Maddow talk about Susan, it sounds like they are still madly in love. Unless you've experienced unexplainable, mad love and sexual attraction, you can't understand it. Obviously there is something very private, very hot and very secret between them.

by pissed off lesbianreply 10012/10/2013

Rachel looked very handsome today

by pissed off lesbianreply 10112/10/2013

Adorable couple. Butch smart nerd meets cuddly earth-mother.

by pissed off lesbianreply 10212/10/2013

Geez are people really this mean spirited and small minded? Is that all there is to human beings is looks? I'll take brains and personality and character over looks any day, and since non of us gets out of this life looking beautiful one better have something to take it's place when the looks fade away with age.

by pissed off lesbianreply 10305/15/2014

Well I may not know much, but I know I don't want to see their sex tape.

by pissed off lesbianreply 10405/15/2014

We don't have nearly enough Lesbo threads. I loved this one.

by pissed off lesbianreply 10505/15/2014

I love you, Rachel. Down here in bumfuck Louisiana. I love you, don't ever forget that.

by pissed off lesbianreply 10605/15/2014

You just made me throw up.

by pissed off lesbianreply 10805/15/2014

They each have a silver tongue in their own way.

by pissed off lesbianreply 10905/15/2014

I literally JUST said the same thing to my friend. Nice to meet you other terrible, yet completely honest person LOL

by pissed off lesbianreply 11009/05/2014

She was so pretty...

by pissed off lesbianreply 11109/05/2014

It's amusing to see so much criticism of the OP given how obsessed we gay men are with appearance.

by pissed off lesbianreply 11209/05/2014

I think they're a cute couple. Two "Miss Matches."

But I do understand your point, OP. As a gay male Rachel fan, I think Miss Rach is hot. Her success only adds to the package.

True love is blind.

by pissed off lesbianreply 11309/05/2014

Rachel was so cool to dye her eyebrows to match her hair. Most bottle blonds never do that.

I actually think Rachel looks better now, at least on her show when she wears a little eye makeup.

As a long haired blond she looked like a drag queen. I think she even looks younger now.

by pissed off lesbianreply 11409/05/2014

Like Jody, I wonder if she's looking for a mother figure that she never had growing up (I don't know what Rachel's mom situation was). Even if true, its not a gay thing or not, lots of little straight girls are looking to marry daddy too.

by pissed off lesbianreply 11509/05/2014

I think you're a bunch of shallow and jealous people.its all about the brain. By the way, why don't you all take a look in the mirror! Are you any great shakes? Is it that hard to be kind?

by pissed off lesbianreply 11609/11/2014

I find rachel to be the most desirable woman on the planet. I am straight, and i have been married three times. i'm not proud of that statistic, but I included it simply to make the point that I have no difficulty finding willing male companionship. Rachel just drives me crazy! I am becoming wet just thinking about her. Her sexiness stems from far more than her physical appearance, but I love her looks as well. If I can't have her, hahaha, I'm glad she's with someone who clearly makes her very happy. But....if anything ever goes awry in the mikula-maddow household, I'll be all over that delicious kitten.

by pissed off lesbianreply 11801/30/2015

To Pissed Off Lesbian: you are proof that not all lesbians are feminists (more's the pity!) It's sad that you have internalized sexist judgmental ideas about women as sex objects, and view other women through the lenses of sexism and ageism. Keep in mind that Rachel Maddow has a doctoral degree from Oxford, and uses her intellectual prowess in her demanding career in news and politics. You would be more likely to attract a partner of Maddow's caliber if you spent more time honing your intellectual capabilities, developing a feminist perspective on life, and an interest in contributing to the betterment of our world (as Maddow does), and spent less time obsessing about maintaining your image in alignment with the sexual objectification of women.

by pissed off lesbianreply 11904/15/2015

Maybe she concentrates on the kind of person she is instead of her appearance. You sound shallow.

by pissed off lesbianreply 12004/15/2015

Great couple. Both are as cute as kittens.

I hope they stay together forever.

by pissed off lesbianreply 12104/15/2015

Different strokes op.

Maddow looks like an adolescent boy. Mikula's dowdy but I'd rather fuck a dowdy woman than a man/boy lookalike.

by pissed off lesbianreply 12204/15/2015

Perhaps Rachel's friend is much nicer than you...and Rachel cares to be with a nicer person....and who's to say that she is not beautiful...time and place change things like that...I too was once a skinny beauty, and now I too am round and loveable...I would like to think that my friends don't judge me only on my outside appearance.

Gerry K

by pissed off lesbianreply 12304/18/2015

There is so much attraction to someone who is intelligent...I am sure Rachel's friend is both beautiful and intelligent...and probably nice too. Gerry

by pissed off lesbianreply 12404/18/2015

Hey butch...remember...we are supposed to be the kinder more caring gender...don't mess that up please.

by pissed off lesbianreply 12504/18/2015

because she is intelligent and talented, and creative, and probably a lot nicer than you.

gerry k

by pissed off lesbianreply 12604/18/2015

The hate is REAL!!!

by pissed off lesbianreply 12704/29/2015

Maby you can't get a decent man because you sound like such a judgemental bitch!....just sayin...

by pissed off lesbianreply 12805/14/2015

Sorry or woman...

by pissed off lesbianreply 12905/14/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!