Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Would you let your son wear pants pulled down below the butt?

I thought that went out of style long ago but I saw a teenager in DC wearing pants below his ass today. If I had a kid I'd forbid him from doing that. You?

by Anonymousreply 6911/24/2012

Yeah, but I wouldn't pay for his dental work when he tripped.

by Anonymousreply 105/06/2011

Not only would I NEVER allow a child of mine to walk out of the house looking like that, I had some workers in my house a few weeks ago doing carpentry work in the kitchen and laundry room. One of the guys who showed up the first day was this 20 something kid who had his pants hanging down under his ass. I stopped him at my front door and said "pal, you won't come in this house like that. You look like a fool. Pull your pants up or you can take a hike"! He looked like I had pulled a gun on him, hiked his britches up, and said "I'm sorry". Then one of the older men who came in before him said "THANK GOD! I've been trying to tell him that forever and he won't listen to me". Turns out the older man was the kid's dad.

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2011

That look comes from prison gangs.

by Anonymousreply 305/06/2011

Oh please. %0D %0D They wear shirts over the pants, you don't see their asses unless you're deliberately looking for it.%0D %0D You want something outlawed. Stop with the fucking flip flops. Crusty, dirty feet need to be covered up. Not to mention they sweat and stink.

by Anonymousreply 405/06/2011

Only if i could fuck him.

No seriously, I find it really odd that young kids find mid-thigh length shorts "pervy" but butt hanging out styles nothing.

by Anonymousreply 505/06/2011

Out of style? Nah, not completely. I work at an HBCU in Houston and every other guy wears his pants that way.

by Anonymousreply 605/06/2011

R3 is right, though. It is a proson look becasue they don't have belts to hold up pants. I teach, and some kids still do this (it is primarily a black thing, but some white kids do it), but I am seeing less and less of it.

by Anonymousreply 705/06/2011

My nephews are forbidden to dress like that at my home or when they are out with me. I don't have any kids.

by Anonymousreply 805/06/2011

you would "forbid" him huh? It's just as easy as that? HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA. I can just see it... You are not going to school dressed like that mister... kid turns around and goes back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 905/06/2011

I have a 16 year old son. He has never had the desire to dress that way and I wouldn't allow it if he did.

by Anonymousreply 1005/06/2011

Yes, it is easy as that, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1105/06/2011

If my son tried to do that everywhere I went with him I would sag too so he could see how embarrassing it is lol

Sagging is homothug stylee

by Anonymousreply 1205/06/2011

And how do you "not allow" it? He should wear what he wants. At 16, you should have no say in the matter.

by Anonymousreply 1305/06/2011

Not when he was out with me!

by Anonymousreply 1405/06/2011

As long as they live under my roof, they have no say in the matter. Has R13 heard of something called "rules"? 16 year olds don't get to do whatever they want, hon.

by Anonymousreply 1505/06/2011

"Whatever they want"? Have YOU ever heard of distinctions? Of separating the arbitrary and stupid from the meaningful? If he wants to hurt people or deal drugs or drop out of school, then by all means do everything in your power to prevent it. But if you micromanage how he wears his clothes at 16, he should tell you to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 1605/06/2011

I hate this style because it looks stupid, but also because the way the pants hang, guys have to walk slow so they don't fall down. Then I get stuck behind them on the street or boarding the train. I have places to be, dammit!

One day I saw one of the kids trip over his pants and fall off his bike. It was hilarious. Don't worry, he wasn't hurt. It was just funny.

by Anonymousreply 1705/06/2011

They waddle like penquins. Run like knock-kneeded girls. Stopping at the curb to hike up their pants.

YES it's homoerotic and choice style for hip hop closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 1805/06/2011

Some people on DL sure get excited (and hateful) over nothing. Is this where sociopaths spend their days?

by Anonymousreply 1905/06/2011

Okay, Grampaws. You can go back to drooling into your porridge while fantasizing about those hotties back in '71 wearing cutoffs so tight you could tell their religion.

Oh and your turn signal is on.

by Anonymousreply 2005/06/2011

The story at R2 NEVER HAPPENED. Maybe in his mind.

If we outlaw sagging let us please outlaw old men who wear shorts that are way too short and pants that are way too tight. I find both equally if not more offensive to sagging pants.

by Anonymousreply 2105/06/2011

Those who intend to do hard time will wear their pants exceedingly low in preparation for being butt fucked in prison by their heroes already in the slammher.

by Anonymousreply 2205/06/2011

It is not called sagging, it is called sashaying.

by Anonymousreply 2305/06/2011

We need more sagging like this

by Anonymousreply 2405/06/2011

I teach in Highschool and it is still in style. It looks awful and shirts don't cover it. I don't know who they are trying to impress cuz i don't think the girls like it.

by Anonymousreply 2505/06/2011

Forgive R21, for he knows not how goddamned dumb he really is.

by Anonymousreply 2605/06/2011

My son did. He was a sk8rboi and loved showing off his ass crack. Who was I to tell him no

by Anonymousreply 2705/06/2011

r4 has awful-looking feet and he is jealous of guys who can wear them.

by Anonymousreply 2805/06/2011

If he presents to me, then who am I to refuse to fuck him?

by Anonymousreply 2905/06/2011

[quote]Oh please. They wear shirts over the pants,%0D %0D Why do people like r4 try to lie about these things as if we're all blind. Kids around here don't wear shirts unless they're in school. %0D %0D During Spring Break, a college kid with low-slung shorts was crossing the ocean highway carrying a big bag of groceries to his hotel. The pants slipped down too far and he and his groceries went splat in the crosswalk. People in cars started honking their horns and yelling in derision at the fool. %0D

by Anonymousreply 3005/06/2011

Discussion about this on NPR just now. Someone has come up with "subspenders" that fit around the waist and have strings that hang down to attach to the top of the low-slung pants. It's supposed to keep them from falling all the way down. %0D %0D Some school districts are passing rules against students wearing pants at thigh level.

by Anonymousreply 3105/07/2011

The problem with your pic, R24?

My eyes immediately focus on those sagging fat rolls on the ladies' backs!

by Anonymousreply 3205/07/2011

If my son did that I'd tan his bare ass over my knee!

by Anonymousreply 3305/08/2011

Girl, do NOT get me sharted.

by Anonymousreply 3405/08/2011

I'm 45 and I wear that style of pants. Since underwear is involved I don't see any reason for the issue to transcend fashion to one requiring legislation.

by Anonymousreply 3505/08/2011

[quote]Girl, do NOT get me sharted.

Another reason to ban sagging. Nobody needs to see that shit.

by Anonymousreply 3605/08/2011

I'm a teacher, too, and, yes, it's still popular, especially with the cholos (my students are 75% Hispanic). It looks ridiculous, especially when they waddle around, one hand holding the pants up. Oddly, this isn't addressed in the school's dress code and I wish it was.

by Anonymousreply 3705/08/2011

This "style" seemed to be disappearing off the streets of NYC, but all of a sudden, it's back on the upswing.

by Anonymousreply 3805/08/2011

My kid's pants are pulled up, his teeth brushed, his face washed, and he's at school (the best I can afford).

by Anonymousreply 3905/08/2011

What exactly is the origin of this style? Yes, I've heard it started in prisons and I thought in some way this showed how "macho" someone was, but I don't understand why.

by Anonymousreply 4005/08/2011

Sag like not a 1/4 down your butt, fine. Anything else is clownish. I remember I was in about the 3rd grades when kids started doing that, no they act like it's synonymous with Black youth culture, when in actually, it's brand new and not even from our culture at all. Looking like a damn fool. I'm in my 20s now and I can't tell you how many times I've said or thought, "pull your britches up!". I know other kids do it to but it's predominantly kids from our community. It's a free country though, I don't agree with the racist laws people have tried to pass to stop it. Either someone is being lewd or nude, or they aren't, dressing in poor taste isn't against the law.

by Anonymousreply 4105/08/2011

Wasn't it kiddie rap act Kriss Kross that started this trend? I believe it stemmed from their fashion of wearing their pants backwards with the fly and zipper undone in the back.

by Anonymousreply 4205/08/2011

I have two teenage boys 16 and 19 and they both do it, but not to look cool. It's because they have no asses. Even when they wear belts the pants slip down and their boxers show. They're forever hiking their pants up. Drives me nuts, but they'd have to wear their pants like Urkel for it not to happen. To make matters worse, the oldest is 6'5" and refuses to wear extra large shirts because "they're too wide," so many of his tee shirts don't even meet the top of his pants. It looks terrible, but he doesn't listen to me of course.

by Anonymousreply 4305/08/2011

r43 needs private school for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 4405/08/2011

If one of them got raped, do you think it could be blamed on what he was wearing?

by Anonymousreply 4505/08/2011

I read somewhere that it started in prison when new inmates were ready and willing to get fucked. They would wear their pants like to say "Come and get me."

by Anonymousreply 4605/08/2011

I thought it was out of style too, for the most part. A woman at work has a second job in the men's department at Macy's, and she says they can't keep the skinny and slim-straight pants on the shelves, they are so popular and that the baggy, loose pants don't sell so well anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4705/09/2011

Spanking

They all need to be spanked

by Anonymousreply 4805/09/2011

"But if you micromanage how he wears his clothes at 16, he should tell you to fuck off."%0D %0D No, YOU fuck off, you idiot. Parents are perfectly within their rights when it comes to monitoring what their kids wear. Sixteen is still underage, in case you've forgotten that. %0D %0D I've seen teenage boys with their pants hanging beneath their buttocks; thankfully, they're wearing what looks like boxer shorts underneath so at least their bare asses aren't hanging out. But it looks trashy, slovenly, nasty. And who the hell wants to see some dumb kid with his ass on display, unless you're a creepy pervert? %0D %0D I've also seen teenage girls who dress like hookers, tits and ass right out there for the world to see. I once saw a girl who looked maybe fourteen; her pants were riding so low you could see the crack of her little behind (there was no underwear to cover it).%0D %0D No responsible parent would allow their children to go out in public like that. %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4905/09/2011

R2:

That. Never. Happened.

But you say it with such authority. I bet you've started a few "check out how I told off some frau at the supermarket/office/chain restaurant" threads. Your post reads similar to one of those.

by Anonymousreply 5005/09/2011

"If I had a kid I'd forbid him from doing that."

Yeah, let us know how that works out for you.

by Anonymousreply 5105/09/2011

What R16 said.

by Anonymousreply 5205/09/2011

This style makes me roll my eyes, but that's about it. I can't imagine getting so worked up about it that I would need to run home and compose an angry DL thread.

Get a hobby, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5305/09/2011

The good citizens of Pine Lawn, Missouri acted in righteous fury and passed an ordinance forbidding this type of display. %0D %0D Unfortunately, this did nothing to lessen the soaring crime rate, didn't stop rampant drug usage and dealing, the abandonment of homes, or general disinvestment in the municipality, but at least their voices were heard!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5405/09/2011

There is a restaurant here in Kansas City that has a big sign on the door telling patrons to pull their pants up before entering.%0D %0D Scroll down for photo.

by Anonymousreply 5505/09/2011

If my son did that I'd strip him down and give him a good seeing to!

by Anonymousreply 5605/09/2011

Hide their underwear. That way, they'd have to pull their pants up or their bare butts would be showing.

by Anonymousreply 5705/09/2011

That sagging ass-out look says one thing: Please never hire me!

by Anonymousreply 5805/09/2011

This guy says it best:

by Anonymousreply 5905/09/2011

As a father of a 16 year old, yes I would... if he wasn't wearing underwear and his ripe peach-fuzz covered ass was on display....

by Anonymousreply 6005/10/2011

[quote]the insect troll rears his ugly head%0D %0D OMG r60, we wondered when you would be back and what type of insect you're pushing this week. You've done bedbugs and honey-bees and fruit flies. What is it this week? Roaches? Chinch bugs? Ugly bugs? Stink bugs?

by Anonymousreply 6105/10/2011

But, you'll never have a kid, OP. So, who gives a fuck what you WOULD do?

by Anonymousreply 6205/10/2011

jeeezuz... when I was their age I had to lie down on a bed just to get my jeans on... styles change...

by Anonymousreply 6305/10/2011

the insect troll is here to stay!

by Anonymousreply 6405/11/2011

If I had a son I wouldn't care

by Anonymousreply 6511/24/2012

R20, too young to vote

by Anonymousreply 6611/24/2012

"the insect troll rears his ugly head"

"Ants In The Pants"

by Anonymousreply 6711/24/2012

IF he were to do that I'd at first sighting yank down his drawers and ram a large butt plug up his sassy hiney. I'd force him to wear it until he starts pulling up his pants like a big boy.

by Anonymousreply 6811/24/2012

I'd give him a good SPANKIN!

by Anonymousreply 6911/24/2012
Need more help? Click Here.