Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cougar Town is really awful...

is it the directors fault? Wow! it hurts. Has Cortney Cox always been a bad actor or is it the rest of the cast? It must be the worst thing on TV. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 6402/15/2015

I was trying to watch it but man...the actors were all overacting...the dialog just kept getting more and more ridiculous. I mean...maybe these people aren't terrible actors...maybe it's the script or the director? A very attractive cast but the acting seems more than forced.

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2011

Love love love Busy Phillips but she is so annoying on that show. Some other funny people but the show SUCKS!!

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2011

I think Courteney delivers the lines beautifully.%0D

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2011

NONE of the characters are remotely likable

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2011

It is hilarious. And a hit show. You, OP, don't sound very bright. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2011

Over acted, over written. It's just one line set up after another. Sucks.

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2011

R6 = Courtney Cox

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2011

LOVE CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2011

I love Busy and Courtney but still. I'm not usually critical of actors...I mean, never critical of actors but this really was awful.

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2011

I just saw it for the first time ever tonight. I don't know what would make me feel worse, if all those ladies were made to get all that Botox by the producers of the show or if they chose to do that on their own.

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2011

I know Courtney is over botoxed, I didn't notice that anyone else was. Courtney could play a very old vampire...you know, the ones that always stay beautiful and never age...except they look like stone.

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2011

While it's not brilliant, it is still a very good show.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2011

"The worst thing on tv?" %0D %0D With all the dreadful shit on television, this sitcom is the worst thing on tv? %0D %0D Calm down, drama queen. Even if it's not the best sitcom of all time, it's hardly the worst thing on tv.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2011

love, love, love the show.... and the characters

both lead men are hot.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2011

What the fuck kind of name is "Busy"?

I sincerely hope Josh Hopkins is not fucking Cox, he can do better than her.

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2011

Nobody watches that shit anyway. It will be cancelled soon.

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2011

Sorry, I like it. Go to Season 43 of The Real World and leave us alone.

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2011

As if!

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2011

Sorry, you're right...Bill O'Reilly is the worst thing on TV.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2011

R5, has it right. I watched the 1st season and it was ok, but it became unwatchable when they made it "Friends" 10 years late. Only with zero likability for any of the characters. In fact they are all annoying. The Ellie character is the worst and not funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2011

The first season was genius.

This season, not so much.

The tension between Jules and Grayson was terrific. Barb was featured more often. The annoying neighbor was seldom seen.

And Penny can is tired.

Maybe it's just a sophomore slump...

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2011

My twentysomething friend LOVES it.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2011

I think it's much better this season than last. Though I do miss Barb.

by Anonymousreply 2805/05/2011

I swear, it was as if every line was forced and if that was acting...I would expect better from a high school performance. Maybe it was just a terrible script?

by Anonymousreply 2905/05/2011

I like CCox and BPhillips but this show isn't funny. Oh, I like Ian Gomez, too. He's sexy.%0D %0D I hate the actor who plays the son. So ugly, so smug, so forced. I change the channel when he's onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 3005/05/2011

It's a cute show, though I find the modern day screwball patter (it's like a more bro-y take on the Gilmore Girls dialect) all the characters speak in a little much, but I guess if we're going to accept the premise that Cox's character (a realtor in what looks to be Newport Beach masquerading as Sarasota) would have enough money to keep herself in bathtubs full of red wine and botox given the real estate market these days, heightened speech isn't anything to get worked up about. I do find the posters on here defending the show as if it's "I, Claudius" ("it's for grown ups!") quite amusing.

by Anonymousreply 3105/05/2011

I can't decide which actor CC is sleeping with in real life - it's one of them. I'm inclined to think it's not Josh Hopkins, since he seems like a dog and wouldn't want to be pinned down.

by Anonymousreply 3205/05/2011

I have to agree, this show really sucks. I used to watch it, and now I just find it painful.

by Anonymousreply 3305/19/2011

Barb's the only funny one.%0D %0D Coureteney delivers her lines just like she did as Monica PUNCHING EVERY other WORD in ORDER to MAKE us LAUGH! %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3405/19/2011

Agree CC is over botoxed. Her face is frozen and only her lips move when she talks. Also, her hair is too long for a woman her age. %0D %0D Her lines are delivered too fast and she's figity ---it's as though she's on speed or something. %0D %0D Hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 3505/19/2011

Love this show.

by Anonymousreply 3605/19/2011

This season has been turning very "Scrubs"-like. Funny slapstick then "let's get real for a moment." No surprise given the same people created it but I don't care for the "drama."

by Anonymousreply 3705/19/2011

USA Today must have part ownership in this series b/c there is never a negative review. Busy Phillips is awesome and I will watch anything she is in. Courtney Cox is great as well. I just wish there was a better project for them.

by Anonymousreply 3805/19/2011

It's fucking terrible. Really, watch it and be enlightened.

On a very basic level: they changed the premise half-way through the first season and have spent so long coyly mocking teh title etc it is tedious

They changed it to: Courtney and her neighbours sit in her house and drink red wine and quip incessantly. Of course it is totally different from Friends...

...One of them is her ex (not her brother, she has a kid, and a boyf)and Friends was better written on its' worst day than this shit.

Penny Can...LOL funny like a stroke

She was interesting in Dirt and edgy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3905/19/2011

I think it's silly that age should determine how long one's hair should be.

by Anonymousreply 4005/19/2011

CC has always been a terrible actress. The only thing going for her until maybe the second season of Friends was that she used to be a very attractive girl. Sometime during the long run of that show, she morphed into a super skinny, perma-tanned harridan. A damn shame because she looked great with just a little more weight on her.

by Anonymousreply 4105/20/2011

It's just a frivolous show, with 40something adults celebrating their empty lives. Not the first of its kind. I tried being patient with it; but not worth it. (Was anyone here mourning last year's "Emmy snub" of Courteney Cox?)

by Anonymousreply 4205/20/2011

I love Cougar Town and think it is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 4305/20/2011

I enjoy it and think Dan Byrd is cute.

Michael McDonald (from MadTV - Stuart!!) is a writer/producer/director on the show this season.

by Anonymousreply 4405/20/2011

[quote]I think it's silly that age should determine how long one's hair should be.

Us too!

by Anonymousreply 4505/20/2011

They've announced that they're changing the title.

by Anonymousreply 4605/28/2011

r39 I agree with every word you said. In fact, I might have written it myself!

SO tired that "we're stuck with the title of the show" crap at the beginning of each ep but more tired is every. single. episode. is. the. same.

That "son" is so greasy looking he could have come straight to set from the homeless shelter.

by Anonymousreply 4705/28/2011

Season finally showed lots of bare chests -- cute guys on the show, especially Josh Hopkins!

by Anonymousreply 4805/29/2011

The show looks exactly like another aweful low brow juvenile simple minded easy to write piece of non edited garbage. Another example of how easy it is to please this country's sense of humor, and how easy it is for people to go with the flow.

by Anonymousreply 4911/12/2012

"I Will Show My Boobs"

Hey Court,

Give me a call, hon.

Hugs,

Meg

by Anonymousreply 5001/06/2013

Courteney was a wooden post on Friends, and she still is on Cougar Town. Not funny, never was. And now her face is a freakish Botox mask that hurts to look at.

Why is she still working, with all that Friends money? I would vacation and do charity work for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 5101/06/2013

Courtney probably did her best work as Michael J Fox's girlfriend on Family Ties.

by Anonymousreply 5201/06/2013

Cougar town is the worst piece of shit ever. Courtney Cox is am ugly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5301/07/2013

Actually, she was watchable in Dirt but I couldn't care less for Cougar Town. Courtney's and Krista Miller's oversurgified, Joker-like faces are painful to look at.

by Anonymousreply 5401/07/2013

I haven't watched it this year. But the last time I tried to watch it, it was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 5501/07/2013

R24 Hannity is the worst thing on TV.

by Anonymousreply 5601/07/2013

Norbert and Anonymous, you just need to play a nice round of Pennycan.

by Anonymousreply 5701/07/2013

I haven't watched a show my only comment is that she really looks terrible with all that botox on her face...only from watching her in the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 5802/22/2013

Bad acting bad story lines, just a bunch of washed up actresses trying to act, never seen a show where everyone on it seems to have had some kind of plastic surgery...

by Anonymousreply 5903/11/2013

Cortney can't act that's why the show blows. Aside from that. Can't get past the Botox queens appearance is there one natural looking smile on the show at all? Lmao

by Anonymousreply 6003/31/2013

The actress who plays Ellie should be grateful she's married to the show creator/producer. No work was ever done on humanizing her. She's just a bitch character played by a mediocre actress. If they got someone talented, than maybe we would see more sides of her. But no...

I imagine she was one of the primary reasons the show was cancelled in its primary ABC run.

She radiates nothing but unlikeable bitch, and she has SUCH a prominent role on the show.

by Anonymousreply 6101/27/2015

I concur, R47. That "our title sucks" shit was so played out. And they never once ever acknowledged who came up with it. Was it the studio, network, or the hack-driven writing staff?

I guess "Unlikeable Assholes With Industry Connections" was already taken by a by a CW show in development.

by Anonymousreply 6201/27/2015

Just the promos for this POS show annoy the hell out of me. Its the final season at least!

by Anonymousreply 6301/27/2015

Neither Courteney or Christa resemble themselves as when it first aired. The show is not at all entertaining. i can't believe it stayed on the air as long as it did.

by Anonymousreply 6402/15/2015
Need more help? Click Here.