Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scott Pelley!

Who?

by Anonymousreply 4112/11/2012

When I read that he was taking over for Couric, I did a Google image search. His poses all looked totally queeny. It seemed as if he was an out-of-costume drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 205/03/2011

I remember him from his days at WFAA in Dallas. Saw him around Oak Lawn - car wash, grocery store, etc. I think he is a queen.

by Anonymousreply 305/03/2011

Born in San Antonio, Texas, Pelley grew up in Lubbock, where he graduated from Coronado High School and obtained his first job in journalism at the age of fifteen as a copyboy for the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Staying close to home, he attended the journalism school at Texas Tech University, in Lubbock. %0D %0D He is married to the former Jane Boone and has two children.%0D %0D July 28, 1957 (age 53)%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 405/03/2011

Looks like a smug bastard who always did his homework and colored within the lines.

by Anonymousreply 505/03/2011

[quote]I think he is a queen.

WTF is that supposed to mean? What kind of person uses the word "queen" to refer to something other than a monarch anyway?

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2011

Go away, r7.

by Anonymousreply 805/03/2011

No.

And answer the question r8.

by Anonymousreply 905/03/2011

His wife, Coco.

by Anonymousreply 1005/03/2011

Haven't you morons ever SEEN Scott Pelley on 60 Minutes before? OR on CBS Sunday Morning? OR occasionally anchoring newscasts? Or on any of the nightime news shows about crimes or missing persons? He's not exactly an unknown face. He seems nice, pleasant and friendly to me. No "smug." No "colored in the lines in school."

And I get ZERO gaydar from him, either.

Wow. What a bunch of clucking hens.

oh, and r9, you sound like an insufferable queen.

by Anonymousreply 1105/03/2011

I've always thought he was hot.

by Anonymousreply 1205/03/2011

r13, you only have ONE channel on your television, dipstick? Pelley has been around for years, has done lots of stuff that has also been in print media. Informed people would have heard of him before. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1405/03/2011

Here. Be informed.

by Anonymousreply 1505/03/2011

I watch a LOT of news, but not CBS, so I've never heard of him before this.

by Anonymousreply 1605/03/2011

I'm very surprised by the powers-that-be at CBS.%0D %0D This would have been a perfect opportunity to promote Russ Mitchell to CBS Evening News Anchor.%0D %0D He's young, smart, handsome, personable, LIKEABLE, and he would have been the first African American network news anchor.%0D %0D What a missed opportunity - AGAIN. I guarantee that Russ would have been a ratings draw, and a fresh alternative to Brian Williams and Diane Sawyer.%0D %0D I don't know who's making the decisions at CBS News, but they got it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2011

[quote] you only have ONE channel on your television, dipstick? %0D %0D Sorry, Fucktard, I watch many stations but not anything from CBS News after they fucked over Dan Rather in order to push Bush into the White House. You're probably too ignorant to even know about such things R14. It's obvious you're not MENSA material. You seem stupid enough to be a Log Cabinette.

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2011

Mitchell is too fat. That's why. He needs to take some tips from Lester Holt.

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2011

By the way, Russ's promotion would NOT have been affirmative action.%0D %0D The guy has definitely paid his dues, anchoring the CBS Evening News Sunday since 1996 (15 years!), as well as doing "The Early Show" Saturday Edition for 10 years, and has been a regular sub for Katie, when she was out.%0D %0D He's more than qualified.

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2011

Sorry, r19, you don't have to WATCH CBS news to KNOW WHO Scott Pelley is. Quit trying to outdo me with the tired "I am smarter" schtick. It's okay if you didn't know who Pelley was. Really. It really is. You now DO. Good lord.

by Anonymousreply 2205/03/2011

You are an incredible idiot, R20.

by Anonymousreply 2305/03/2011

Really, r23? Name me ONE fat network news anchor. Just one. Al Roker USED to be fat but we all see what he looks like now. And he is just a weatherman. You think looks don't matter when it comes to the network anchoring job? I don't mean morning people, either.

Brian Williams, Katie Couric and Diane Sawyer are all thin, lithe and telegenic. So was Peter Jennings. And Dan Rather. And Tom Brokaw. Charlie Gibson had a bit of a tummy but his face photographed thin. Jessica Savitch was thin. Scott Pelley is thin. You think this is all coincidence?

It didn't matter quite so much in the Walter Cronkite, Harry Reasoner days. But visual appeal is a prime consideration now, and it has been for many years. And Russ Mitchell is too chunky to anchor the news.

by Anonymousreply 2405/03/2011

I don't think Scott has ever married. He lives in Darien, Ct but I don't think he lives alone.

by Anonymousreply 2505/03/2011

[quote]you don't have to WATCH CBS news to KNOW WHO Scott Pelley is%0D %0D Damn, you've really got some serious problems here, R22. How amazing that you find it to be an earth-shattering experience that someone would not know Scott Pelley. Are you his manager or his p.r. director? Is that why you get totally bent out of shape over this?%0D %0D I once worked alongside Fred Francis on a network project. He was military analyist and correspondent for NBC News for many years. Does that make up for not knowing Scott Pelley? I also worked alongside ABC-TV newsman Gary Shepard for several stories in San Diego and San Francisco. Does that soothe your feelings about my not knowing Scott Pelley? I once arranged passage for Peter Jennings, his wife, and kids on a ship participating in NYC Fleet Week but there was no mention of Scott Pelley. So, sorry that this has you totally unhinged. Are you always such a Jackass or is it just your time of the month r14 - r22?

by Anonymousreply 2605/03/2011

r26, YOU'RE the one so totally defended over your own lack of knowledge. Not me. I couldn't give a shit. You are just some invisible, non-existent person on an internet site. Who I fucked with.

Fred Francis was a heluva journalist.

Scott Pelley will do just fine anchoring the news.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2011

Listen Jackass, r11 - r27 - r14 - r22, you're the idiot screeching "morons", "dipstick", "clucking hens", "insufferable queen", etc. over people's opinion of Scott Pelly. %0D %0D You're like all those sicko evangelical preachers who speak out against the evil gays and then they go and suck cock. For you, it's yelling "morons", "dipstick", "clucking hens", and "insufferable queen", when they're all combined in your mirror. You obviously hate what you are and try to pin it on others. Pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2011

I'm with the posters who think Scott Pelley will do fine -- and I also think it's strange that so-called news watchers don't know who Pelley is.

Will he raise the ratings? Possibly. Katie Couric does a good job and CBS News does fine work, but Katie has a good-sized "I don't like her" base. Pelley doesn't.

But it's absurd to knock CBS for their choice as anchor because you don't know who Pelley is. If you don't know him, just who WOULD you know?

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2011

Pelley is a terrific reporter and I hope he's just as good an anchor...

by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2011

His bio is everywhere, R25. Went to CHS w/him, he was always a very serious student. Took debate and journalism classes and always did well. Photographer for the school newspaper...a very good guy, never got into trouble, dated nice girls. Pretty much has always looked just like that (although now he's all gray).

by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2011

Russ Mitchell is not particularly bright and has zero personality.

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2011

[quote]And answer the question [R8].

How 'bout you stfu and suck my fucking dick, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2011

Thank you r29.

by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2011

Thanks for the insider info. R31. I've liked Pelley since I first saw him reporting during Gulf War I. I knew he'd go far.

Then again, I thought the same about Lee Cowan . . . .

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2011

r32, he's there to meet CBS's EEO quotas.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2011

So is Scott Pelley one of the gays?

by Anonymousreply 3705/04/2011

Scott Pelley has Gay affectations......Come out of the closet Scott

by Anonymousreply 3806/04/2011

Does anyone know anything about two very cute CBS News reporters: Ben Tracy and Seth Doan. I saw the latter in Soho with another guy a year or two ago. The two of them looked like a couple

by Anonymousreply 3906/04/2011

Scott loves to work-out, so you never know.

by Anonymousreply 4012/11/2012

[quote]So is Scott Pelley one of the gays?

Maybe one of the bi boys.

by Anonymousreply 4112/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.