Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

''Where are the black people?'' asks Sherri Shepherd as The View hosts discuss Royal Wedding (Caps of Black People At Link)\

Never mind who wore what, the View's Sherri Shepherd had another burning question about the Royal Wedding today.

'Where are the black people?' the outspoken actress, 44, asked as the panellists as they critiqued Prince William and Kate Middleton's ceremony.

The star said she had earlier searched through the footage of guests at Westminster Abbey.

'Audrey Jones our producer was looking for the black people in the wedding and we found our Rosa Parks moment, because we were like 'where are the black people'?' she said.

'It was like where's Waldo, where are the black people?' she added.

We found one little black child in the choir but where's the black people at this wedding?' she continued.

'Wait a minute the Calvary guy, from New York,' said Goldie Hawn, 65, who was a guest host for the day.

'Well the guests, there they are,' said Sherri, pointing to a screen showing a small group of black people in the congregation.

'They are segregated but they are at the front so we have our Rosa Parks moment,' she added referring to the African-American civil rights activist Rosa Parks who refused to obey a bus driver's order to give up her seat for a white passenger on December 1, 1955.

'I don't know why they put all the black people over here but they are at the front of the wedding so I ain't complaining, they got in the front,' added Sherri.

The women also mocked the Queen and the dresses of princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.

Joy Behar, 68, said the Queen of England looked like: 'A bubble bee with a drinking problem,' live on air.

'Holy Moly, who wears yellow?' continued Joy.

'I've never seen a Queen wearing yellow, she looks like a taxi cabkeep that meter running Queenie,' she added.

When talking of the outlandish Philip Treacy hats of Eugenie and Beatrice host Sherri Shepherd said: 'Oh my god, that is Lady Gaga. Straight.'

'They look like they are auditioning for Let's Make a Deal, you know that show?' said Joy, referring to an old NBC game show where audience members used to dress in hilarious costumes, often like clowns.

'They look like horns,' said Sherri.

'Like a deer in the headlights,' added Hawn

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 2607/10/2013

I can't stand the those women on the view! They have an obsession with race, good grief! There were more than one black boy in the choir and there a couple of Asian boys. Also, the queen looked alright. What a group of complete bitches!

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 104/30/2011

[quote] the wedding so I ain't complaining%0D %0D %0D ain't? this is why we can't go to nice weddings

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 204/30/2011

There were quite a number of black, asian and arab guests.... Plus, we don't have the same race sensitivities here in the UK that you have in the US. People are people...

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 304/30/2011

[R3] I saw that on TV, too.

I guess the misconception comes from the fact that the cameras don't seem to focus on the overall view of the guests. Instead they just choose the guests that are better known to the general public. Just guessting.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 404/30/2011

WTF? Are those women blind as well as stupid?

The guests were quite diverse.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 504/30/2011

As r4 said, the guests were diverse, there were black and Asian choirboys, black cavalrymen and plenty of focus on the diverse range of faces of all colours and ethnic backgrounds in the crowds. %0D %0D Maybe Sherri should ask why the cameras of US-TV perhaps focused on what they wanted to show and not the wider picture if she believes this to be the case? On UK TV we seemed to have had the full picture. %0D %0D It also might not be the fault of the bride and groom that their circle of friends and family are mostly white. It does happen without 'racism' being a factor. Just how the cookie crumbles.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 604/30/2011

[quote]Maybe Sherri should ask why the cameras of US-TV perhaps focused on what they wanted to show and not the wider picture if she believes this to be the case

Exactly. It was the same here in Canada, we saw ALL the diversity. Sherry Shepherd should be asking why the US television networks chose not to show the very diverse group of guests.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 704/30/2011

She is a stupid Sheboon

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 804/30/2011

These women are why the world looks at Americans with complete pity. Sherri Shepard is nothing more than uneducated ghetto trash, and the producers screwed up big time allowing her to be in a segment attempting to critique an event such as this. Leave her for the wedding segment when one of Al Sharpton's bastard children gets married. I bet she won't be screaming "WHERE DE WHITE PEOPLES IS! AIN'T NO WHITES IN DIS THANG! "DIS AIN'T RIGHT!"

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 904/30/2011

Pretty rich coming from this ghetto cow. Why are these sorts of people on TV? Aren't Americans embarrassed to be represented by such trash or has it become the norm?

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1004/30/2011

Dear Sherri--

It wasn't your wedding and we could invite whomever we liked. Sorry you're so butt-hurt over not getting an invitation.

Oh, and fuck off. Have a nice day!

William & Kate

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1104/30/2011

I don't know who Sherri Shepherd is but she is wilfully ignorant. Some light-level reading would have informed her that the group of black people she saw 'segregated' at the front were sat together because they are Commonwealth leaders from African countries and have the privilege of sitting in the choir seats, just like white Commonwealth leaders such as Julia Gillard. Race doesn't come into it.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1204/30/2011

How many white people do you see at a typical black wedding? Answer: 0

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1304/30/2011

[quote]I don't know who Sherri Shepherd is but she is wilfully ignorant.

Stunning.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1404/30/2011

While attending the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II Hermione Gingold noticed a large black woman being seated with her companion, a rather little black man. "Who do you suppose he is"? she asked Noel Coward. "Her lunch" he replied.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1504/30/2011

" Some light-level reading "

Oh please, you know this bitch can't read.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1604/30/2011

There were plenty of non-whites that I saw on the BBC....

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1704/30/2011

I'm sure Sherri has tons of whites to her domicile.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1804/30/2011

because the royals have taste

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 1904/30/2011

Kathy Griffin was far more amusing in her coverage and commentary and whatnot of the royal wedding.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 2004/30/2011

Sherri looks like she smells like a Mexican zoo in mid-August.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 2104/30/2011

In prison, Sherri. In prison.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 2204/30/2011

R15, that joke was actually made about Queen Salote of Tonga and the then sultan of Brunei riding in a coach together. Neither of them was black.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 2304/30/2011

The first and better thread is way ahead of this one.

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 2404/30/2011

[quote]'Where are the black people?

In the kitchen, where they should be

by Bet she''s still beating the gay out of her sonreply 2607/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.