Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When Was The Last Time a President...

...was ever asked to produce his birth certificate? Or his college transcript?????%0D %0D No one will ever convince me that Trump, the baggers and all the rest of those creeps aren't raging racists. No white President was ever asked to produce such documentation, not even John McCain, who was born in Panama, of all places.

by Anonymousreply 3504/28/2011

All of them have.

McCain had to have a hearing to clear his run, since he was born in Panama.

Bush and Kerry's GPAs and SATs were both released, and Repubs got a laugh pointing out that Bush had higher GPAs than Kerry.

This shit is routine. It's so routine that it never was an issue before. Obama was the first one to act like he had something to hide when he clearly didn't. I thought he was stonewalling to time a revelation that would embarrass the GOP but by doing it now, who cares? It will be forgotten by next week.

by Anonymousreply 104/28/2011

[quote]McCain had to have a hearing to clear his run, since he was born in Panama.

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 204/28/2011

You are just going to humiliate yourselves again with this one. He was President of the Harvard Law Review. Lawrence Tribe said Obama was his most brilliant research assistant ever. Just being asked to be Tribe's research assistant is a tremendous academic honor.

This is not being raised because there are legitimate questions about Obama's intelligence. it is being raised as a dog whistle to stir up resentment about affirmative action.

by Anonymousreply 304/28/2011

Thank you, R3. Couldn't have said it better myself.

by Anonymousreply 404/28/2011

R2, not bullshit. It's true.

by Anonymousreply 604/28/2011

"We knew what Bush's grades were, etc. Except Obama." Obama was NOT running against Dubya. Why would have to do the same thing as Dubya did? On the other hand, has McCain released his transcript? Has Palin released her hers?

:Why has that not been released and what is he hiding?" Your statement reeks of hypocrisy in the disguise of genuine inquiry. You are already assumeing he is "hiding" something while he is only recently asked to release the record. Then tell me why hasn't McCain released his birth certificate? Is he hiding something?

If he's as brilliant as is said what is he covering up? He did one issues of the Harvard Law Review as I recall and supposedly that was one of the worst issues it released - I believe I read that here at Datalounge!" Give us the link(s). Otherise this is dismissed as fabricated statements.

by Anonymousreply 704/28/2011

Bill Clinton would not release his medical records....

by Anonymousreply 804/28/2011

McCain had to sit through a Senate hearing because he was born in the "Panama Canal Zone" which, at the time, was U.S. territory. So no, Obama's not special.

In modern times, all major presidential candidates have had their college transcripts and writings, and any lower legislative or gubernatorial bills and writings released, except, Obama. And in doing so, just as he did in relentlessly litigating to keep the long-form certificate of live birth hidden, he is leaving it up to others to extrapolate the contents and the reason for the secrecy.

by Anonymousreply 1004/28/2011

Dubya would not release his military records and conveniently said they were lost.

by Anonymousreply 1104/28/2011

r11: Dubya would not release his military records and conveniently said they were lost.

Don't worry, I found them!

by Anonymousreply 1204/28/2011

[R9] He has released the birth certificate for official uses long time ago, but you birthers refuse to believe it's true. I guess even if there was a time machine that can haul you back to the date and place Obama was born, you still would NOT believe it. That's how your mind works.

Tell me why McCain hasn't shown us his birth certificate?

by Anonymousreply 1304/28/2011

I also read the post here that said an Obama issue of the HLR is considered the worse ever, R7.

[quote]Otherise this is dismissed as fabricated statements.

You are not the referee, 7, never forget that.

I also read that Obama was rather caviler about the review, telling his staff not to worry -- no one reads it anyway.

And remember DL friends, the mechanism present in "the rule of 'cites'," that yesterday was so vividly illustrated by the Obama situation itself -- someone demands proof (acting as if they have the power to do so) but when it is provided, it is dismissed.

Beware the self-appointed referee.

by Anonymousreply 1504/28/2011

[quote][R2], not bullshit. It's true.

No, it isn't. Somebody started a lawsuit claiming McCain was not a natural born citizen and the case was dismissed.

There was no "hearing" to determine that he was eligible. He was in no way required to appear before a hearing to clear his eligibility. His eligibility is still an open question.

by Anonymousreply 1604/28/2011

[quote]And in doing so, just as he did in relentlessly litigating to keep the long-form certificate of live birth hidden, %0D %0D He did what? Who did the litigating?%0D %0D And what presidential candidate, past or present, has had his RIGHT to run so relentlessly questioned?

by Anonymousreply 1704/28/2011

"Obama was the first one to act like he had something to hide when he clearly didn't."%0D %0D He did? How so. His academic career is public record and the state of Hawai released his birth certificate records two years ago.%0D %0D Yes this is absolutely part of the he is really Muslim and not a US citizen bullshit. In fact when the he is a Muslim crap wore out was when the birther stuff started. It is a means of delegitimatizing him and people apparently pay attention to it. He wants people to pay attention to the nature of Federal gov't and global warming, not the idiotic lies given validity by misanthropes and demagogues. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1804/28/2011

"McCain had to sit through a Senate hearing because he was born in the "Panama Canal Zone" which, at the time, was U.S. territory. So no, Obama's not special."

Yes, Obama has been singled out. McCain has to be called into question for "natural citizenship" because of the place he was born. Obama was born in one of the fifty states. Why did he have to sit through a hearing? Nobody has question the authenticity of McCain's birth certificate. Why has Obama's been called into question?

"In modern times, all major presidential candidates have had their college transcripts and writings, and any lower legislative or gubernatorial bills and writings released, except, Obama."

IIRC, McCain has NEVER released his transcript. Correct me with a link to viable source.

by Anonymousreply 1904/28/2011

[quote]And in doing so, just as he did in relentlessly litigating to keep the long-form certificate of live birth hidden,

Don't believe everything you hear Rush say, dear. There was NO litigation. There could not possibly be any litigation. The original birth certificate is not a public document under Hawaii law. Only state officials or the President himself, accompanied by state officials, can look at it. There is no procedure for getting a copy of it. What you get is the certificate issued in 2008 attesting to the presence of the original in the state archives.

In fact, the White House had to pressure the State of Hawaii to change its rules to allow the President's attorney to make a copy of the original.

by Anonymousreply 2004/28/2011

When the birther morons say he had something to hide, WTF does that even mean? When did he actively hide where the fuck he was born? They also claim he "spent millions to hide" whatever the hell they think he's hiding.

LINK TO YOUR FUCKING SOURCES OR STFU! If your source features cafe press T-shirts with Reagan and Jesus at The Last Supper, it's NOT a source!

by Anonymousreply 2104/28/2011

[R15]

"You are not the referee, 7, never forget that." Neither are you. It's perfectly reasonable that one requires evidence when a claim is made. It's unreasonable ONLY to freepers.

"I also read that Obama was rather caviler about the review, telling his staff not to worry -- no one reads it anyway." Please provide a viable source. Otherwise, anyone can say anything withou substantial or viable evidence, which means bullshit at best.

"And remember DL friends, the mechanism present in "the rule of 'cites'," that yesterday was so vividly illustrated by the Obama situation itself -- someone demands proof (acting as if they have the power to do so) but when it is provided, it is dismissed." Much like the birth certificate has been provided but you birthers will refuse to believe even the most viable proof and evidence?

"Beware the self-appointed referee." No. Beware the hateful posters here that would say anything to serve their own interest and dismiss the requirement of providing proof.

by Anonymousreply 2204/28/2011

[quote]just as he did in relentlessly litigating to keep the long-form certificate of live birth hidden

r10, where the fuck are you, you lying sack of shit? You need to get your fucking lying sack of shit ass back here and prove to us when AND where Obama EVER litigated the issue of his birth certificate, much less "relentlessly" as you claim.

You worthless lying motherfucking scum-sucking piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 2304/28/2011

R23--It's sadly not entirely R10's fault (though he can be criticized for his sources of information). The myth of Obama's litigating to hide his birth certificate is all over the right wing media.

by Anonymousreply 2404/28/2011

This thread reeks. Now I have to call some kinda exterminator or sumpin.%0D %0D WHO is the condescending, ignorant moron stinking up the place?

by Anonymousreply 2504/28/2011

OP, the birth certificate was asked for because Barrack has a black african father and rumors were that Barrack was born in Africa rather than Hawaii.%0D %0D No president before has ever had a black african father.%0D %0D I'm not saying I agree with the birthers - I am just giving you their reasoning.

by Anonymousreply 2604/28/2011

It's not the asking for the birth certificate that's the problem. It's the refusal to accept it when it was produced in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 2704/28/2011

Oh. Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

I've had it with this country!

by Anonymousreply 2804/28/2011

[quote]This thread reeks. Now I have to call some kinda exterminator or sumpin.

I'm free! (for now)

by Anonymousreply 2904/28/2011

The birthers movement has been a long, racist stupid episode.

But, historically, exactly what is the process by which a presidential candidate shows that he was born in the U.S.?

by Anonymousreply 3004/28/2011

You forgot the ***BREAKING NEWS***. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 3104/28/2011

R30, there has been no such process.

Until BHO came along, every candidate from a major political party has been white, and it has been assumed that he was born in the US.

by Anonymousreply 3204/28/2011

[quote]But, historically, exactly what is the process by which a presidential candidate shows that he was born in the U.S.?

There is no process. The question rarely come up and when it does it's just a matter of political sniping and frivolous lawsuits rapidly dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 3304/28/2011

W did NOT release his school records until they were leaked. Up until that point he refused.

by Anonymousreply 3404/28/2011

They still think it's fake. Check out this vid. Too bad the guy is too stupid to realize that ANY scanned document will show up with layers in Adobe Illustrator. But I have several Facebook "friends" spreading around this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3504/28/2011
Need more help? Click Here.