Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Trent Reznor

Damn he is fine! Look at those arms!

I know he's married to a woman now, but what are his experiences with men? They must be quite extensive.

by Anonymousreply 10911/12/2012

He is rumored to be bisexual, and I believe it. He's definitely into kinkiness. He's a freak.

by Anonymousreply 104/28/2011

He loves PETA. He narrated a really powerful documentary about how they skin puppies and kittens alive in China for fur. and rabbits.

by Anonymousreply 204/28/2011

Is that a recent photo, OP? If so, not bad for a guy in his late forties. Details, R1? I heard hard core S&M but nothing specific. I remember gossip on here to the effect that his wife was a gold-digging bitch whom he married because he finally found someone as kinky as him. It could have just as easily been a male.

by Anonymousreply 304/28/2011

He's also, like, 5'2".%0D %0D He got clean and sober around 2005 or so, got all bulked up and got super boring.

by Anonymousreply 404/28/2011

That is NOT a recent picture of him. He was at one of the award shows (the Oscars? the Golden Globes?)and he went up on stage to get an award for a song he collaborated on. He's fat now with short hair. %0D %0D Never heard about his experiences with men. He loves non-white girls, as his wife is. I believe his wife was pregnant at the award show.

by Anonymousreply 504/28/2011

His music is shite. Tries too hard to be hard.

by Anonymousreply 604/28/2011

His wife looks like a fugly trannie. I know someone who's friends with him. He's a nice guy. Sorry, no boring stories.

by Anonymousreply 704/28/2011

He's listed at imdb.com as 5' 9.5".

Here's a photo of him in 1992--so hot.

by Anonymousreply 804/28/2011

I find his work and his persona to be pretty juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 904/28/2011

Oops, I meant that I have no interesting stories about Reznor, only boring ones because he's a nice guy. Damn, I need to go and get some sleep.

by Anonymousreply 1004/28/2011

Well, lets hear it then R10. A "boring" story is better than no stories.

by Anonymousreply 1104/28/2011

In the 90s, he told an interviewer, he'd make out with his male bandmate to shoo the groupies away. %0D %0D He was very close with some red headed singer, I forgot her name. Courtney Love apparently broke them up and she wrote a song about it.

by Anonymousreply 1204/28/2011

R1, I've always wondered about where BDSM ends and bi-sexuality begins.

Ages ago when we had good gossip, people were arguing over whether or not Christian Bale was bi or just so into humiliation that he'd let men fuck him, and he would get off on what he experienced as degradation.

I wish Magdalene was still here. She'd have an informed view on that.

(She also had good gossip:))

by Anonymousreply 1304/28/2011

[quote]I remember gossip on here to the effect that his wife was a gold-digging bitch whom he married because he finally found someone as kinky as him. It could have just as easily been a male.

But they never are, are they?

by Anonymousreply 1404/28/2011

I heard he was a mainly str8 bi switch who loved black Nawlins strippers.

His Philippina wife had a boy. He almost died of drug overdoses many times. Bowie was worried about his tweaking, that should tell you something.

With Teeth is about "finally" kicking drugs.

by Anonymousreply 1504/28/2011

A hack and a has been, isn't that degrading enough?

by Anonymousreply 1604/28/2011

His wife's name is Mariqueen Maandig.

Mary...Queen...Man....Dig & she's not a trannie?

by Anonymousreply 1704/28/2011

Since when did DLers become a bunch of chubby chasers?

by Anonymousreply 1804/28/2011

r19 You have to break up with everyone you fuck? You kids!

by Anonymousreply 2004/28/2011

He was already outed as having a tiny cock.

by Anonymousreply 2104/28/2011

@18 damn! He looks like a beady eyed inky dyed pig in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 2204/28/2011

You're right, R16. He was always selling melodramatic cheese.

by Anonymousreply 2304/28/2011

The bi rumors, like all the other rumors about him, were to make him seem hardcore. Like most stars he's a fake, doing what he thinks will get him money and publicity. He willingly went along with Courtney Love's claims that she slept with him in those months after Cobain's death where she claimed to sleep with every big name star at the time. That series of gossip stopped when she claimed she slept with Michael Stipe and no one believed her, thus calling her other claims into question.

When he was promoting/producing Marilyn Manson, he would say the most trite shit in interviews. "I think he's doing really interesting things, pushing some boundaries and making people think." Bitch, please.

He also exploited the Manson murders as publicity for "The Downward Spiral," allegedly recording in the house, stealing the door that had "pig" written on it in the victim's blood and then writing songs like "Piggy" to capitalize on it. When criticized for exploiting the deaths, he shrugged it off.

I know, an old picture of him with nice arms means no one cares about the kind of person he is... but maybe you should. At least care about that tragic over-dyed rug he's wearing now, sheesh. It looks like it's going to hop off and attack passersby.

by Anonymousreply 2404/28/2011

Ew. Fat, short, he's not very tall even with his tiny fug Filipina groupie who looks like a man near him, he's just gross.

by Anonymousreply 2504/28/2011

I loved his first albums; I thought they were raw & authentic. The later ones, not so much.

R24, at the time, I thought the rumour about Love was reasonable because both of them were hardcore drug addicts. As far as Love is concerned, people either totally believe her or totally write her off. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Did he & Bowie promote the rumour of their affair to make them look edgy, then?

by Anonymousreply 2604/28/2011

He looks like a fit-fat, 40-ish Middle Management-type guy

by Anonymousreply 2704/28/2011

[quote]He also exploited the Manson murders as publicity for "The Downward Spiral," allegedly recording in the house, stealing the door that had "pig" written on it in the victim's blood and then writing songs like "Piggy" to capitalize on it. When criticized for exploiting the deaths, he shrugged it off.

"[On living in the house at 10050 Cielo Drive, where 5 people were murdered in 1969 by Charles Manson's "Family"]: While I was working on Downward Spiral, I was living in the house where Sharon Tate was killed. Then one day I met her sister. It was a random thing, just a brief encounter. And she said: 'Are you exploiting my sister's death by living in her house?' For the first time, the whole thing kind of slapped me in the face. I said, 'No, it's just sort of my own interest in American folklore. I'm in this place where a weird part of history occurred.' I guess it never really struck me before, but it did then. She lost her sister from a senseless, ignorant situation that I don't want to support. When she was talking to me, I realized for the first time, 'What if it was my sister?' I thought, 'Fuck Charlie Manson.' I went home and cried that night. It made me see there's another side to things, you know?"

by Anonymousreply 2804/28/2011

"He was very close with some red headed singer, I forgot her name. Courtney Love apparently broke them up and she wrote a song about it.'%0D %0D The "red-headed singer" is Tori Amos. %0D %0D Courtney moved on quickly after Kurt's demise. She tried to glom onto Reznor, but he wasn't interested. She claimed they were an "item" for a while; he denied it (I believe him). Really pissed off that he wouldn't be her boyfriend, she spread rumors that she was pregnant with his child; his answer to that was "that would have been the second immaculate conception." He didn't fuck her but she lied about it in interviews saying "yeah, I fucked Reznor, but it wasn't that great" and "Nine Inch Nails! More like three inch nails." She did the same thing with Russell Crowe, claiming that they'd fucked and that she's either lost or aborted the pregnancy that resulted from their couplings. Crowe denied it; I believe him, too. %0D %0D As for Reznor, well, he's an asshole. Some of the tales told about what he's had groupies do would curl your hair. He ended up marrying a very trannyesque, talentless whore named Mariqueen Maandig and because infuriated when his fans didn't take her to their hearts. He would go on Twitter and rhapsodize about his beloved like a lovesick boob, which shocked his fanbase. Their dark, Gothic hero, who once sang "I want to fuck you like an animal" a lovelorn dork? Horrors! They voiced their opinions about his dear one and Reznor went off in in a Cartman-like "screw you guys, I'm going home" type snit, vowing never to Twitter again. Apparently Maandig has him under her spell, rather like Yoko Ono did with John Lennon. I think it's because he's finally met his match in kink; Maandig is quite a freaky slut.

by Anonymousreply 2904/28/2011

This company was founded by his grandfather.

A fun factoid for you to regale your friends with about Tubby Trent.

by Anonymousreply 3004/28/2011

He's a marching band nerd who used his fame to degrade and give herpes to damaged stripper fans.

by Anonymousreply 3104/28/2011

Spill it R29 and R31!

by Anonymousreply 3204/28/2011

He met that tranny looking Phillipina wife of his on Twitter. I followed him on Twitter at the time & the fan reaction was hilarious. One day he started following some crappy band that she was in; the next day she posted how cool it was that he followed them. Literally the next week she posted that she had moved in with him. I'm not mad at her--hos gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 3304/28/2011

Posting to confirm that Tori Amos was indeed dating Trent Reznor around 1994-1995. Some of the songs on one of her albums, "Boys for Pele," clearly refer to him. If you're actually interested (can't imagine too many people are still interested in either Trent or Tori other than to lament how boring they've become), check out the lyrics to Tori's "Caught a Lite Sneeze." "Professional Widow," from the same album, is clearly a song directed at Courtney Love. There have been rumors since the mid-90s about Courtney breaking up Tori and Trent's relationship. Who knows what the truth is, maybe Trent perceived his relationship with Tori as more casual than Tori ever did.

I vaguely remember Magdalene (beloved DL poster) posting a while ago about how she heard rant-y messages left on Trent's manager's (?) machine from Courtney after he called off whatever relationship he had with her... but I might have the timeline wrong. At any rate, there was some sort of triangle between Tori, Courtney, and Trent.

I don't know if any of the rumors about Trent being "kinky" are even true, not that I can't see it, but I can also see him cultivating that image for the sake of it. It's true that he dated pretty much exclusively black women from the mid-90s on until he married the tranny-looking woman (yes, he met her on Twitter). He then started some band called How to Destroy Angels (seriously embarrassing name) with her and no one liked their music... the whole thing is just vicariously embarrassing. He was hot circa 1995, but now he looks like he takes steroids (look at that neck) and did not age well--his music or himself. I don't think anyone listens to his old music anymore except for "Closer."

by Anonymousreply 3504/28/2011

R31 nailed it. Also, why do his fans hate his wife/girlfriend or whoever it is so much?

by Anonymousreply 3604/28/2011

Probably because he yelled at them and acted totally bizarre about her. From what I recall he has drug & alc issues and the tranny chick is totally into drug and alc, plus she's fug as sin.

by Anonymousreply 3704/28/2011

I like the Pretty Hate Machine CD.

by Anonymousreply 3804/28/2011

I never saw the attraction--I only sleep with boys who wash their hair.

by Anonymousreply 3904/28/2011

In all fairness, any woman that Trent married would not have been good enough in the eyes of Trent's more rabid fans. Another problem he has is that most people would prefer that he remained the skinny, gloomy figure from the 80s. He's a prisoner of his own image and he doesn't seem to understand that.%0D %0D He obviously took steroids in his hyper fitness days that followed his move away from heroin. The problem is that if you don't keep up the workout regime you turn into what you see in the picture another poster linked above. He has that weird fat and bulky look that Jay Mohr also now has.

by Anonymousreply 4004/28/2011

r40 - well probably but if you think about it, he didn't have to go out with the tranny woman openly on fb. Sheesh, people remember how she stalked him on fb, he asked if she would come to his house that night, she did and I think moved in the first night.

Then on her own twitter she talked about fucking Trent & shopping & how fabulous she was. Meanwhile Trent was all "I love Maryqueen Maandig", I mean it was all so totally gross.

Then she'd post these ridiculous pix and videos of her "looking so cool" and "being so cool".

Seriously, the black hooker/strippers were better than this. He brought it on himself by hooking up with this groupie.

by Anonymousreply 4104/28/2011

Goddamn you guys are harsh. I looked up "Mariqueen" expecting to see some fugly troll, but she's not that bad - even pretty from some angles.

by Anonymousreply 4204/29/2011

Actually I enjoy his music and With Teeth is good. It figures that he married a woman of color. I'm assuming she tops him which means of course, she's his slave. It was hilarious to note all the other Oscar winners following his lead when he declared "I love my wife"

by Anonymousreply 4304/30/2011

agree with R42. You guys sound almost racist. There are pics of her and she looks exotic but still attractive. She does not look like a tranny, she just has very ethnic features. If they're in love, mmore power to them.

by Anonymousreply 4404/30/2011

Of course not r42 - not tranny looking at all.

by Anonymousreply 4504/30/2011

Trying to remember back, turns out she was a hooker (still might be) so that might have pissed off the fans that he married a gold digging hooker.

by Anonymousreply 4604/30/2011

Like most str8 rock and rollers he just wanted a fucktoy. Good for her she gave him a son, she'$ in. Bet he was so p whipped there is no prenup.

by Anonymousreply 4704/30/2011

She looks like an attractive chick to me:

by Anonymousreply 4804/30/2011

Several years ago, some male singer from another band (can't recall his name) claimed that he and Trent once made out just for the hell of it. He was enjoying himself, but claimed that Trent broke off the session abruptly when he was getting too aroused.

by Anonymousreply 4904/30/2011

She's actually quite pretty without all the tranny makeup.

by Anonymousreply 5004/30/2011

The only music that I like from Trent Reznor is the soundtrack to The Social Network, that's all!

by Anonymousreply 5104/30/2011

She just wears a ton of makeup. She'd be cuter with less of it.

by Anonymousreply 5204/30/2011

R49, it was Richard Iforgethislastname from Filter..he used to be in Nine Inch Nails, and he mentioned the story about himself and Trent in an Advocate column..

by Anonymousreply 5304/30/2011

Richard Patrick R53. He played guitar for NIN. Under-rated singer/songwriter.

I always thought of Patrick as totally straight though; seems odd. He has a wife & kids now, which of course doesn't mean anything.

Although, he did have awful substance abuse issues back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 5404/30/2011

R8, more like 5'5.

NIN's music was okay, had a few really good songs but I find it hard to listen to his albums in their entirety.

I always thought the violent mashing with his bandmates in all the shows in the 1990's had a very strong homerotic undertone. The on-off-on-off-on again guitarist, Robin Finck, was the hunk, not Reznor. Trent has all the talent of course.

by Anonymousreply 5504/30/2011

Wow Magdalene. Long time no see. First husband? I remember when you started at DL and you were single!

by Anonymousreply 5704/30/2011

As an aside:

While Reznor loved black chicks - his fetish was for a specific TYPE of black woman.

A black 'goth' girl (yes, they did exist) and a fan: nope. He liked thin, petite, black stripper types. He would fly his favorites out to the Manson house, but never EVER wanted to be photographed with them.

I worked with the long-time girlfriend of his then drummer (Chris Brenna), and she met several of these girls. She said Reznor treated them well in private, but would never be seen with them in public. He would also get their names mixed up.

In general 'groupie-dom' though - while on the road with Marilyn Manson - he was HORRID. He and Manson seemed to get a personal thrill out of humiliating them.

Typical fucking Catholic boy: wants his dick sucked but has to treat the woman who does so like garbage.

If his long-time fans - and I'm friends with a few who still adore him - HATE the new wife, it's because some of them are completely perplexed about the situation. He treats most 'groupies' like shit - yet this woman ("Yoko") comes out of nowhere and he's completely smitten. They just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 5804/30/2011

R57: I was between husbands at the time:).

I've been on DL since 2000 - I'd had just left Mark in NYC to move in with an actor in L.A..

by Anonymousreply 5904/30/2011

The Courtney tapes. My ex probably still has them - I should have sued for them in the divorce. I even played a few of the messages back for my own voice mail at the time.

Courtney would leave messages that would go on for HOURS. She'd drift off, or go do something else, or have conversations with friends - then come back. Her moods were all over the place: angry, apologetic, very depressed, conversational and friendly, or just a total mess. What was clear was - for as much as a fuck up Courtney is - she was very hurt by Reznor's behavior. She obviously trusted him once.

Now add that in with what we know about Reznor's treatment of Tori Amos - and Reznor 'dropped' Courtney to fuck Amos at the time - we learn more about why Amos may have had some perceived animosity towards Love ('Professional Widow'). Fuck knows what Reznor told her.

Details:

They met backstage through mutual friends, but Reznor had John (manager) contact Courtney the next day. They spoke on the phone several times while Trent was touring, and discussed collabarating.

During the conversations, Trent told her that he considered her one of his best friends and one of the few people that he could trust. She, in return, "spilled her guts" about "this daily nightmare of living with Kurt's ghost" ("It's like I still see him everywhere and he was in the fucking kitchen this morning.")

At some point, they hooked up and everything went great. Trent returned to the tour - then would have nothing to do with her. And she didn't understand WHY.

Some messages would start friendly - almost professional - then silence - then "WHAT THE FUCK TRENT?? YOU FUCKING CREEP WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

One of my favorites: "IF YOU WANTED TO FEEL CONNECTED TO KURT SO BADLY, I SHOULD HAVE JUST GIVEN YOU THE SHEETS WE FUCKING SLEPT ON. YOU COULD HAVE JERKED OFF WITH THEM INSTEAD AND TAKEN THEM HOME WITH YOU."

by Anonymousreply 6004/30/2011

Thanks Magdalene. It sounds like you've led a hell of a life.

by Anonymousreply 6104/30/2011

Oh my dear, I'm only 41. Too old to attract the attention of most straight men - like I give a fuck - but I still keep my gossip loving fingers in a LOT of pies. The young women I trained as prodoms now have their own dungeons, and I photoshop several of the top bondage/fetish models for their websites.

I still hear a LOT of gossip. Ted Danson is seeing one of NYC's top prodoms at the moment, and his regular L.A. Domme is pissed as hell about it. That's my new gossip for the week:).

Anyway: back to the Reznor/Love drama.

Love would only leave messages at night. Even considering the time difference, the messages would come in around 6 am EST. And she was obviously so messed up - but it didn't sound like heroin 'messed up' - more depression, and maybe pills/alcohol.

She HATED Marilyn Manson - and give her credit - she pegged him long before Dita or Evan did: "HE'S A FUCKING DRUGGIE AND I KNOW FUCKING DRUGGIES. HE'S A FUCKING USER AND HE WILL BRING EVERYONE DOWN. THAT'S YOUR FUCKING BEST FRIEND NOW? DID YOU TALK ABOUT ME? DOES HE WANT TO FUCK ME TOO?"

"YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE. A FUCKING LYING, USING ASSHOLE AND KURT HATED USERS LIKE YOU. YOU THINK YOU AND KURT WOULD BE FRIENDS? YOU ARE FUCKING DELUSIONAL. YOU CAN'T EVEN WRITE USING A FUCKING GUITAR."

"YOU'VE STOLEN EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER DONE AND YOU WILL FAIL BECAUSE OF IT. YOU WILL. YOU WILL FAIL....(silence for almost 10 minutes)...WE HAVE TO FINISH THIS. YOU SAID JOHN WOULD FAX ME. I HAVE PAPERWORK TO DO."

Now don't quote me on the exact wording of this stuff - it's been over 15 years! I'm trying to remember!

One of the background 'conversations' - there was another woman with her - was about a photograph she hated. Courtney: "IT LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING TO A FUNERAL. MY FUCKING LIFE IS ALREADY A FUCKING FUNERAL ALL THE TIME."

by Anonymousreply 6204/30/2011

I [italic]love[/italic] Magdalene. Always high-quality gossip coupled with a wonderful personality. People like her and the French movie gossip (remember him?) help make the DL what it is.

by Anonymousreply 6304/30/2011

Totally agree, R63!

It's great to see you back. Hope life is treating you well.

I'm a mid-level old timer, but this place has become a misogynist, racist, freeper fest lately. Any gossip (BDSM or otherwise) is always welcome. :)

[quote]A FUCKING LYING, USING ASSHOLE AND KURT HATED USERS LIKE YOU. YOU THINK YOU AND KURT WOULD BE FRIENDS? YOU ARE FUCKING DELUSIONAL. YOU CAN'T EVEN WRITE USING A FUCKING GUITAR."

OMFG, the irony here is ridiculous. Reznor might be a douchebag, but Jesus...pot calling kettle or what--to a classically trained pianist FFS.

by Anonymousreply 6404/30/2011

Magdalene, did you know or have personal contact with Reznor? How about the other guys, like Finck or Lohner? What were they like?

by Anonymousreply 6504/30/2011

Amazing gossip Magdalene. Isn't Ted still married to that actress that everyone loves? Mary Steenburgen? As much as Steenburgen seems like an All-American Apple Pie person, she has to know that Ted is doing this or even participates herself? Who knows.

Love the Courtney Love gossip. I love Courtney, she's always great, interesting...and her disaster filled life is amazing. You have got to read her twitter account - don't subscribe, just check in - I think it's roseofsharon666

by Anonymousreply 6604/30/2011

Magdalene, any gossip about Kurt Cobain?

by Anonymousreply 6704/30/2011

R64: In 1991, I was still living in Halifax, Nova Scotia and was an all-night DJ for the local college station (CKDU-FM). I had two shows: "Aggressive Bedtime Stories" and "Beautiful Music For Ugly Children".

I remember Hole making quite the impact, and playing "Pretty On The Inside" a LOT. No one knew who Love was at the time, and there was NO connection with Nirvana. People loved that record - and it was a fantastic record. I played the 'Teenage Whore' single for months.

People accuse Love of building her entire career on Kurt's help - but that's bullshit. Hole's early material was REALLY GOOD on its own.

Also - for what it's worth - Pretty Hate Machine was also 'big' back then - and most of us thought it was watered down Skinny Puppy and Front Line Assembly. I STILL think that.

by Anonymousreply 6804/30/2011

Front Line Assembly--there's a name from the past. I followed them into Delirium, then I kind of lost track.

I thought the knock on Love was she was using whatever hook up she had at the time to 'help' her with her songs, not just Kurt. The question over the years was how one defined 'help'(Not to be a dick-genuinely asking.)

I think Nirvana fans were irrationally hateful to her, and that made the "Kurt wrote all her albums and made her career" meme powerful.

BTW, any gossip on Christian Bale. He was looking really rough a couple of months after the Oscar. I wasn't a fan of his acting, but I always felt sorry for him re: his childhood.

by Anonymousreply 6904/30/2011

R67: Nothing juicy. I subletted a NYC apartment from Helmet's guitarist (Peter) while they opened for Nirvana; and worked with a prodom (Henry Rollin's NYC hook-up at the time) who knew Kurt - I didn't KNOW this until I told her the news of his suicide and she absolutely freaked out. I felt terrible. She had to get her collective shit together for a client within the hour.

An aside: that prodom? Same one who Christian Bale was seeing. Small world. No real surprise though - she was (and probably still is) an exceptional woman.

The individuals I knew who knew Kurt Cobain say the same thing: He was quiet, introverted, very smart, and lived in his own world. He DID have the rare quality that most straight men covet: the ability to make women want to take care of him.

by Anonymousreply 7004/30/2011

[quote]I think Nirvana fans were irrationally hateful to her, and that made the "Kurt wrote all her albums and made her career" meme powerful.

It was only claimed that he wrote most or all of the songs on 'Live Through This'.

by Anonymousreply 7104/30/2011

R66: Danson has been seeing prodoms since his Cheers days. Mostly in L.A. but I know he sees Dommes when he's on location. Nothing sordid - he is beloved as a respectful - if a bit boring - client. Tips well, never brings up 'who' he is, sometimes runs late but always apologizes for it.

The main producer of the HBO show he's on now? Also a big prodom client. I haven't seen the show (hate the lead actor) - but I've heard that they use any excuse to call the local NYC dungeons for location shoots!

If you want to discuss it further, start a thread. I refuse to pay the $18 anymore since the WM lets the bullshit misogyny run unchecked (and I was a paying subscriber since the beginning).

by Anonymousreply 7204/30/2011

Thanks Magdalene, good stuff about Kurt.

1. Do you know how or why the prodom was friends with Kurt? Did he use her services by any chance?

2. Was it your impression that a lot of women had crushes on him/fell in love with him, or did they simply just want to mother him?

3. By 'lived in his own world' do they mean dreamy or just introspective?

4. Where there any personality characteristics they described him as having that may surprise people who did not know him? I ask because as far as I can tell he seemed the same in private as he did in public, which is pretty rare for celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 7304/30/2011

R73:

(1)She knew Kurt from being a fan, not a prodom. She could have met him backstage at an arena, or a flophouse in the middle of Buttfuck, ID - either story would be plausible with her. He was NOT a client, or a BDSM player.

(2) Both. Some people just have a 'thing' about them that makes others want to take care of them. It's not a sexuality thing - I've fallen for it with walking disasters. I've NEVER heard of Kurt being a groupie monger - ever.

(3) Introverts. I'm one of them. If you are not one - you won't get it. We spend most of our of time - happily - in our own heads. It doesn't mean we don't like the company of others - but we have our own internal life in our heads that do not need it. Apparently Kurt was like that - he enjoyed his own company.

The worst nightmare of introverts is being forced to deal with people 24/7 without a break. When it happened to me, I fell into a suicidal depression. I remember wondering if that was a part of what happened to Kurt. Non-introverts have no idea of how devastating being forced to an extrovert world is.

(4) Who can say? Kurt is now a 'legend', and he became so as soon as he died. All I heard - that was not widely reported - was how miserable he was because of his gastro-intestinal problems. He had constant pain, and diarrhea. Heroin causes constipation - and was the main reason he took narcotics. Not 'glamourous' by any stretch.

Now any questions outside of Reznor - start a thread. Let's not hijack this one.

by Anonymousreply 7405/01/2011

I met Magdalene and her sexy bi-guy at Nowhere all those years ago at one of the infamous DL meet ups. She's as sexy as fun as she appears right here.

by Anonymousreply 7505/01/2011

Magdalene, I assume you mean [italic]Bored to Death[/italic], link below. Tell me how you want the thread title and opening post to read, and I'll start it for you.

Thanks for the gossip.

by Anonymousreply 7605/01/2011

R65: No. I was never a NIN fan - I prefer my "industrial" music old school. Several friends have met Reznor, but always in a 'fan' context.

The closest outside of that is the aforementioned Chris Brenna girlfriend - and she was blas%C3%A9 about almost everything in life.

(Like: She used to date a photographer named Richard Kern, and when they had a nasty break-up, he sold pictures of her to one of Flynt's mags: Barely Legal. She was on one of the covers with a lit candle up her ass. When I pointed this out to her, she shrugged, and criticized the lighting.)

She hated John (manager) though, and REALLY resented Reznor renting the Cielo Drive (Manson murders) home.

Her words: "What kind of fucking inspiration can come from a beautiful woman and her fetus being knifed to death, you FUCKING assholes?"

by Anonymousreply 7705/01/2011

Wow Magdalene, wonderful post. I am very thankful for your Kurt info. I can't make threads and I didn't mean to hijack this thread and won't ask any more questions in here. I'll just respond to a few things you said:

1. I'm glad that Kurt wasn't into groupies. I always thought that he wouldn't be. I've read that he very much wanted a secure family because of his parent's breakup.

2. About women wanting to take care of him: William Burroughs said upon meeting Cobain: "Cobain was very shy, very polite, and obviously enjoyed the fact that I wasn%E2%80%99t awestruck at meeting him. There was something about him, fragile and engagingly lost." I think that this appeal was obvious to even the general public.

3. Believe me Magdalene, I am an enormous introvert, I COMPLETELY understand what you are saying about having your own inner world. And I can understand how all of the success, attention, and fawning Cobain received would've been hugely upsetting to him. This is especially so if you already don't feel comfortable in your own skin before all of the attention.

4. I'd suggest that he became a legend in September of 1991, the moment when SLTS first hit the public.

by Anonymousreply 7805/01/2011

R76 - Yes! Bored To Death is the name of the show!

Start any celeb gossip thread you want regarding BDSM - I'll keep an eye out. But keep in mind - the LAST celeb gossip thread that was popular here - I posted about Willan Dafoe - was deleted by the WM for reasons that were NEVER explained. That - combined the misogyny free for all - has put me off of this site.

One more about Reznor: there was a rumour going around the NYC prodom scene around 1994 that he sessioned with a popular statuesque redhead ONCE - just to know what it was like.

Tall reheads who looked like they walked out of Conan film are NOT his type - but her reputation was stellar, and she was NOT the type to make up celeb clients. Consider it plausible.

by Anonymousreply 7905/01/2011

This has really turned into a great thread.

Reznor himself is so fucking boring though, really, how many times can he tell us he loves his Tranny Yoko? We get it....

by Anonymousreply 8005/01/2011

Magdalena - please post your Willem Dafoe and other gossip info at DLRB the alt to DL. The WM there is pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 8105/01/2011

There's this one

by Anonymousreply 8205/01/2011

R83: We HAD one, and the WM DELETED for reasons unexplained.

by Anonymousreply 8405/01/2011

Any suspicions as to why that happened?

by Anonymousreply 8505/01/2011

Sometimes lawyers get in the way, and the WM gets scared. That's why some threads gets mysteriously deleted when concerning celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 8605/01/2011

R35 here. Just wanted to say thanks to Magdalene for popping up and clarifying the story. What great gossip! Thanks.

I wouldn't have guessed Trent apparently idolized Kurt so much.

by Anonymousreply 8705/01/2011

Agreed R86.

That's why I now C&P these threads.

I also asked for a specific set gossip thread to be started, as opposed to another general gossip thread. I thought it would be less noticed if we went OT & got into something interesting.

by Anonymousreply 8805/01/2011

R87: Just my own opinion?

I don't think Reznor idolized Cobian so much - I think he was jealous of the attention he received.

Figure this: Reznor was obviously fascinated with high profile deaths - why rent the Cielo Drive house otherwise?

He could have rented any studio IN THE WORLD, but he decided on the Manson murder house.

Some people try to attach themselves to high profile deaths - especially notorious ones - because they mistakenly (imo) think the notoriety wears off on them some how. It's like a boost to their self-esteem.

He's just a fame whore death fetishist - or was at the time.

by Anonymousreply 8905/03/2011

thanks Magdalene for the courtney/kurt gossip!

by Anonymousreply 9005/04/2011

A lot of people were jealous of Kurt Cobain, I suspect.

by Anonymousreply 9105/04/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 9207/12/2011

R70 Magdalene so who else is into BDSM?

by Anonymousreply 9310/01/2011

Magdalene hasn't been here in ages, so don't hold your breath for any answers.

by Anonymousreply 9410/01/2011

Christian Bale!! Magdalene tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 9510/01/2011

There is a thread buried at DLRB (Datalounge Refugees) about him and dalliances with men.

by Anonymousreply 9610/01/2011

is there a link?

by Anonymousreply 9710/01/2011

Bumpity bump bump. Any new gossip? Is his marriage to "Mariqueen" for real? I get such second-hand embarrassment watching Trent try to push forward his "How to Destroy Angels" (did a 13 year old come up with that name?) band with his wife singing lead. It's like he doesn't know what a joke he's coming off as. I guess his film scoring makes him feel better.

by Anonymousreply 9803/15/2012

"They met backstage through mutual friends, but Reznor had John (manager) contact Courtney the next day. They spoke on the phone several times while Trent was touring, and discussed collabarating.

During the conversations, Trent told her that he considered her one of his best friends and one of the few people that he could trust. She, in return, "spilled her guts" about "this daily nightmare of living with Kurt's ghost" ("It's like I still see him everywhere and he was in the fucking kitchen this morning.")

At some point, they hooked up and everything went great. Trent returned to the tour - then would have nothing to do with her. And she didn't understand WHY."

All that sounds like a load of bullshit. Reznor discusses "collabarating" with her? With COURTNEY LOVE? Courtney Love, who can't sing, play an instrument or write her own songs? And he told her that he considered her "one of his best friends" and "one of the few people that he could trust." Does anybody really believe that Trent Reznor told Courtney Love THAT?

Love may have left impassioned messages for Reznor but that doesn't mean an affair actually happened. She's crazy; she'll say anything. From all accounts SHE pursued him like crazy and he ran in the other direction.

Love is and has always been 100% NOT Reznor's type. He never did go for ugly, loud and abrasive. I don't think he fucked her. But I think Love has done her best to make people believe that he did. Anyway, we all know how credible the psychotic, drug-addled Love is. You can't believe a word she says. She's NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 9903/16/2012

R99, I agree that Courtney is a pathological liar, but I don't think Trent ever really denied having slept with her.

by Anonymousreply 10003/16/2012

You should have won the Oscar for the soundtrack of The Social Network.

by Anonymousreply 10103/16/2012

[quote]You should have won the Oscar for the soundtrack of The Social Network.

Unless "You" is the name of the soundtrack, who are you talking to, R101?

by Anonymousreply 10203/16/2012

I apologize, r102 for the foul up.

by Anonymousreply 10303/16/2012

Trent Reznor or Tom Chase?

by Anonymousreply 10503/16/2012

How does his wife look like a tranny? Asian men already look women. Better her than some mannish-looking blonde with muscular arms.

by Anonymousreply 10609/20/2012

"How does his wife look like a tranny? Asian men already look women. Better her than some mannish-looking blonde with muscular arms."

She looks like a woman who used to be a man. She just has that quality about her. She has a gigantic tattoo on her back; quite trashy looking. I've seen nude pictures of her; her body is not particularly attractive.

She's also rumored to be very kinky; no doubt that was a major attraction for Reznor. She's also very talentless, but Reznor is involved with her on new musical projects; it's all very John and Yoko-ish.

The OP's pic was from MANY years ago. Reznor is nothing much to look at. And he's an utter asshole; miffed that his fanbase had some derogatory things to say about his beloved, he stormed off Twitter in a huff in a "screw you guys, I'm going home" Eric Cartman fashion.

by Anonymousreply 10709/20/2012

I wanna fuck him like an animal.

I wanna feel him on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 10809/20/2012

so whats the gossip about willem defoe?

by Anonymousreply 10911/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.