Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jake Gyllenhaal: Let''s settle this once and for all.

Do you think Jake Gyllenhaal is gay? Please take my poll. (And don't freep it, either, Ponies.) Submit supporting comments after the break.

by Anonymousreply 20502/22/2014

I'm going with yes.

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2011

Yours is a stupid senseless existence r2.

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2011

I would vote for "bi" if it was one of the choices.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2011

Oh missy. You still lurk here ,David?

by Anonymousreply 604/19/2011

he is ST8 get over yourself gays....

by Anonymousreply 704/19/2011

The gossip blogger are divided on him too.

Lainey, Janet Charlton and buzzfoto does not believe he's gay and Ted Casablanca implies that he is in fact a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 804/19/2011

I think he's NOT gay.

by Anonymousreply 1004/19/2011

For those who think he's not gay. Why has he had a string of fake relationships?

First Reese and now Taylor Swift. If he was straight, why couldn't he get a real girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 1104/19/2011

R5 No hon, try again.

by Anonymousreply 1204/19/2011

How do you know they weren't real? Are you sure that's not a bit of wishful thinking?

He's had several LTR's with women. The Taylor Swift thing seemed like a minor fling -- haven't you ever had one of those?

by Anonymousreply 1304/19/2011

The Taylor Swift thing was the biggest joke I've ever seen. If anybody believes that was real (a fling, really?) they need their brain examined.

by Anonymousreply 1404/19/2011

Not R14, but he's 10 years older than her. When you're only 20, that's a major difference. He had a movie to promote, she had a new album to promote. And when both tasks had been accomplished, the relationship evaporated. Way too coincidental and reeks of a PR setup. %0D %0D And OP, your poll should have another option: Who cares? JG is so over. He's simply had too many recent flops to be ever considered an A list movie star. He'll be doing a prime time drama on TNT within 5 years, completely forgotten by the time he's 40.

by Anonymousreply 1604/19/2011

Wasn't "Source Code" a hit?

by Anonymousreply 1704/19/2011

No one under thirty knows who he is.

by Anonymousreply 1804/19/2011

"Do you think Jake Gyllenhaal is gay?"%0D %0D Jake may never have sucked a cock, but I think he'd hold one in his mouth until it got warm.

by Anonymousreply 1904/19/2011

[quote]And OP, your poll should have another option: Who cares?

Those who don't care will presumably not vote, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 2004/19/2011

Ah, yeah! As in, HEL-LO? Jake is gay.

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2011

[quote]The Taylor Swift thing was the biggest joke I've ever seen.

The Taylor Lautner thing, on the other hand....

by Anonymousreply 2204/19/2011

Honestly, I trust Buzzfoto - they're super accurate. If they say Jake's not gay, I might take their word for it. I don't believe a word that comes out of Ted C's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2404/19/2011

Why is Buzzfoto so reliable?

by Anonymousreply 2504/19/2011

[quote]Why has he had a string of fake relationships?

I'll give you Taylor Swift (even though I'd personally label it "fickle" as opposed to "fake"), but he was with Reese for two years and Kirsten Dunst for four. Neither screams "fake relationship," particularly Reese, whose career has always been bigger than Jake's, and who has two young children to consider in terms of father figures. She was obviously husband-hunting and thought she'd landed a catch with Jake, until she found out he wasn't ready to commit. Yes, I am well-aware your response will likely be "he wasn't ready to commit because he's SECRETLY GAY!", but that doesn't make it true.

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2011

I think it's pretty common knowledge, or at least HIGHLY speculated in many parts of the interwebs that Reese and Jake were a convenient PR relationship. Reese was coming off a very high profile and ugly divorce from Ryan Philippe and Jake needed another famous girlfriend to gad around with. PR contract enacted.

The fact that Reese had children is meaningless. She's not above selling out her private life to increase her fame and star power, her bringing Jake around as her very special friend for 2 years is not unbelievable for Hollywood.

Another point to consider is how the relationship ended very quickly and abruptly in November 2009 and BOOM Reese is dating CAA agent Jim Toth a month later and engaged by the end of the year. She probably had him waiting in the wings as the Reese/Jake situation petered out/contract expired.

The Taylor Swift thing was such a highly orchestrated (although completely LAME attempt) affair, complete with Jake and Taylor photographed for US Weekly, camera ready, frolicking through picturesque Brooklyn. Even Helen Keller could tell it was fake. Movies to promote, albums to promote, blah blah blah, as soon as their use of the relations expired (and how much PR shit they ended up getting) the 'relationship' was promptly ended.

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2011

You sound desperate, R27.

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2011

Keep believing whatever US Weekly tells you, darling.

by Anonymousreply 2904/19/2011

As opposed to whom? Ted Casablanca?

by Anonymousreply 3004/19/2011

We can't settle it without real confirmation one way or the other.

How is this "final" determination any different than any other time the question has been discussed?

by Anonymousreply 3104/19/2011

O.k., this get this over once and for all. Put all the pieces together, people. All you need to do is watch Jake when his guard is down, such as when he and his sister and mother are guests on the Italian guy's cook show. Sorry I don't remember the guys name, I think it starts with a "M") Trust your gaydar, people! It's there for a reason!

by Anonymousreply 3204/19/2011

Buzzfoto is legit because they are actually a paparazzi agency. They have sources/connections in New York and Los Angeles. There blind items are the only ones that are credible because some of their blinds comes true months later.

by Anonymousreply 3304/19/2011

What does Buzzfoto say? Gay or straight?

by Anonymousreply 3404/19/2011

If I may say so, r27 sounds like fiction. It makes sense to you, but it is just arbitrary spin about people you do not know and a situation about which you have no verifiable information (beyond it's not lasting). How does that 'prove' or 'disprove' anything about anybody?

I have no idea if Jake is gay, and don't care. I don't need to 'know' about the 'real' lives of performers. I don't think he is terribly attractive, sexy, or unusually gifted.

However, whoever says Source Code is a bomb is wrong. It was cleverly financed and will make money. It is not a huge break out hit but it has continued to do solid business. It also got very good reviews, and apparently has good word of mouth. Jake is obviously so far not someone who can get a movie to the storied 20 million dollar opening weekend. But he performed acceptably. At only 31 he has several years on Bradley Cooper (36) who is untested as a star who can open a movie. So Jake is not "ovah" and is very unlikely to be begging for a basic cable series or TV movie probably "evah".

He has a good ten years of leading roles in moderately high profile movies, will probably do some trendy indies and may get lucky and head a true big money hit. By then he will be worth more than anybody on DL and will probably be co-producing his own vehicles, which may give him a shot at stardom.

by Anonymousreply 3504/19/2011

Here's the buzzfoto blind item and later they revealed it to be Jake Gyllenhaal

He Really Isn%E2%80%99t Gay

This actor has long been a target of speculation about his sexuality. Although he%E2%80%99s had several girlfriends, everyone is generally convinced he is G-A-Y! We have some information that makes us sure that he isn%E2%80%99t. He is indeed very straight. But perhaps his girlfriend should be less concerned about being in public to make him appear straight and pay better attention to his phone bills and who he%E2%80%99s calling for a little kinky conversation. He%E2%80%99s not calling men, if that%E2%80%99s what you%E2%80%99re thinking.

by Anonymousreply 3604/19/2011

I honestly don't think he's gay..where's the proof? Or at least the smoke cuz I just haven't seen any fire.

by Anonymousreply 3704/19/2011

[quote](And don't freep it, either, Ponies.)

STFU, you goddamn retard.

Ponies have no interest in hideous Jake G!

by Anonymousreply 3804/19/2011

mhb, those revisions are not going to write themselves!

by Anonymousreply 3904/20/2011

bump!

by Anonymousreply 4004/20/2011

I'd have picked the 'who cares?' option. 'Cause that's where Jakey is at right now. Yes, he's OVAH!

by Anonymousreply 4104/20/2011

Yes I absolutely believe he's gay. %0D %0D Nothing to do with Toothy Tile or Ted. I decided Jake was gay after watching the extras footage from Donnie Darko maaany years ago. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4204/20/2011

I am 100% sure he is straight, he is famous, so his so -called gay lover would have said something by now.

by Anonymousreply 4304/20/2011

He must be BI.

by Anonymousreply 4404/20/2011

Not unless his gay lover was another closeted actor, R43.

by Anonymousreply 4504/20/2011

[quote]I am 100% sure he is straight, he is famous, so his so -called gay lover would have said something by now.%0D %0D That's so fangirl. No wonder Jake and other actors get away with it. The thinking is just genius!

by Anonymousreply 4604/20/2011

He bores me senseless.%0D %0D Even I'm checking out and moving on, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 4704/20/2011

If you saw the Austin and Jake at the LA Lakers game pix, and you aren't a deluded fangurl, you'd know this question already has been settled.%0D %0D Jake is gayer than a shaken snow globe.

by Anonymousreply 4804/20/2011

My guess is that, like many actors, Jake is bisexual. (Diane Keaton was once quoted as saying that almost every actor she knew was bi.) Furthermore, like most bisexual men, he probably likes sex with men but could never form a romantic, meaningful relationship with one. The rumors about Jake and many other actors have probably arisen from one-night stands or short flings that they have had with other guys. Yes, some actors are 100 percent gay, buy many others live in that gray zone. In Hollywood, where there are so many opportunities for sex, they'll take it wherever they can get it.

by Anonymousreply 4904/20/2011

What r49 says. Bi-sexuality was/is accepted in Europe and was actually spreading to US pre WWII. That changed after the war and with the move to suburbs and emphasis on family and reproducing after the war.

Still, I find it interesting/puzzling/sad that DLers have delighted in attacking poor Jake - one of two actors that had the courage to portray gays honestly, compellingly, beautifully in 'Brokeback Mountain'- and yet Ledger was never ridiculed or speculated about for his being involved in the film. You would think gays would be twice as supportive of someone like Jake for having the courage to do that film, even if he were secretly gay and bearding.

by Anonymousreply 5004/20/2011

IMO It doesn't seem like many people are really embracing him or his movies for some reason so it makes the sexuality issue seem dull at this point.

by Anonymousreply 5104/20/2011

The reason is because HE'S dull, R51. Frankly, coming out as at least 'bi' might do his career some good at this point.

by Anonymousreply 5204/20/2011

Sorry, but only idiots believe Jake is straight after his showmances with Witherspoon and Swift.

by Anonymousreply 5304/20/2011

Straight, and I think everyones gay.

by Anonymousreply 5404/20/2011

I see all the fangirls have flocked here to prove to the world that Jake is straight.

What a joke, Jake is as gay as they come.

by Anonymousreply 5504/20/2011

[quote]Jake is gayer than a shaken snow globe.%0D %0D Speaking of snow globe, he seems to be lying low right now.%0D %0D Is he auditioning the next beard yet since that PR guff article about macking up to 3 actresses in one night a few weeks ago during film promo? %0D %0D Jebus, Jake can nearly teach Tom Cruise a beardy trick or two these days.

by Anonymousreply 5604/20/2011

[quote]Still, I find it interesting/puzzling/sad that DLers have delighted in attacking poor Jake - one of two actors that had the courage to portray gays honestly, compellingly, beautifully in 'Brokeback Mountain'- and yet Ledger was never ridiculed or speculated about for his being involved in the film. You would think gays would be twice as supportive of someone like Jake for having the courage to do that film, even if he were secretly gay and bearding.%0D %0D %0D But then that assumes 'gays' (and why must every anon DL/internet critic be 'a gay') have no right to be critical about the way 'poor Jake' has handled his PR during and since Brokeback Mountain? He's not the first to portray a gay man, but he did ick! and bleh! his way through the BBM promotional tours almost almost as if advocating a cure for gayness. %0D %0D Heath Ledger was also rumored to be gay on here long before Jake was on the scene. Live-in bf was the buzz way back during A Knight's Tale. During BBM there were 2 gay BIs widely thought to be about Heath and a few rumors he and the Gyllenhaal had had a fling but these people got shouted down and called loons, so...you can't win.

by Anonymousreply 5704/20/2011

not gay, never seen any real evidence. And I need more than internet gossip of the Ted variety and stories starting with a friend of a friend of my sisters boyfriends dogwalker...

by Anonymousreply 5804/20/2011

I'm a little surprised the majority thinks he's straight. Slight majority, though it may be. I wonder how different the results would have been 4 years ago at the height of the Toothy Tile/BBM mania on here?

by Anonymousreply 5904/20/2011

[quote]Ledger was never ridiculed or speculated about for his being involved in the film.

It probably helped matters that Ledger started dating his co-star and almost immediately knocked her up. It also helped that Heath didn't have an alcoholic gossip columnist posting scurrilously fake blind items about him.

[quote] I wonder how different the results would have been 4 years ago at the height of the Toothy Tile/BBM mania on here?

Probably the same: those of us with critical thinking skills understand there is no real basis for the Jake-is-gay rumors aside from Ted C.'s series of blind items that, although they are clearly meant to be about Jake, are also just as clearly bullshit. The tales were outlandish even to start out, but then got further outlandish still, with "Toothy" and his partner secretly adopting a Chinese baby. (Meanwhile, Toothy's supposed partner, Austin Nichols, has been living on the East Coast for several years now, and neither of them has ever been spotted either with child or with each other in recent years.)

by Anonymousreply 6004/20/2011

"those of us with critical thinking skills understand there is no real basis for the Jake-is-gay rumors aside from Ted C.'s series of blind items"%0D %0D Thanks for a laugh!%0D %0D You forgot small details like years of faking relationships with Reese Witherspoon and Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 6104/23/2011

Jake gay? Maybe this secretly filmed clip of him at a friends bachelor's party can help you decide.

by Anonymousreply 6204/23/2011

Oh, the stories they can tell.

by Anonymousreply 6304/23/2011

According to Buzzfoto no one is gay unless they are either old and washed up or already out, and they usually go hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 6404/23/2011

Jake is straight, but wont escape the gay rumours because of Brokeback Mountain.

by Anonymousreply 6504/23/2011

R65, how do you know that JG is 100% hetero? Or even 75% hetero?

by Anonymousreply 6604/23/2011

Met him twice during Focus promo events for BBM. Pinged to me like a giger counter at Japanese sushi resturant. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 6704/23/2011

I believe every word Ted Casablanca has ever written.

by Anonymousreply 6804/23/2011

[quote]You forgot small details like years of faking relationships with Reese Witherspoon and Taylor Swift.

See R26. It makes zero sense for Reese Witherspoon to have bearded for someone less famous than her. Yes, the Taylor Swift thing seems fishy, however.

[quote]R65, how do you know that JG is 100% hetero? Or even 75% hetero?

The odds are rather heavily in his favor, given that at least 90% of the human population is straight.

[quote]I believe every word Ted Casablanca has ever written.

Unfortunately I believe it. You probably also believe every rumor posted on DataLounge, regardless of source.

by Anonymousreply 6904/23/2011

[quote]The odds are rather heavily in his favor, given that at least 90% of the human population is straight.

I don't know whether the lad is a het or a 'mo, but the thing about odds is they can be misleading. While they may apply in a general sense, on an individual basis, they are meaningless. Indeed, the world population might be 99% hetero, but JG might still be queer since his queerness is not related to the sexuality of anyone else.

Again, though it defies common sense, if you toss a coin one hundred times, no matter how many times it comes up heads, the odds that the next toss will be tails is still 50-50.

by Anonymousreply 7004/23/2011

"It makes zero sense for Reese Witherspoon to have bearded for someone less famous than her."%0D %0D Reese Witherspoon used Jake Gyllenhaal for publicity. %0D %0D Ryan dumped her for Abbie Cornish and she needed someone to sell "I'm so happy and blessed" PR shit. Jake was perfect candidate - young, cute, celebrity, closeted and in the same movie (Rendition). %0D %0D People cover from 2007 - Revenge of the Exes:%0D

by Anonymousreply 7104/23/2011

Reese didn't want to go down, the "I'm single and alone" path Jennifer Aniston did.

by Anonymousreply 7204/23/2011

Oh, girl!

by Anonymousreply 7304/23/2011

I love the picture R73.

by Anonymousreply 7404/23/2011

P.S. Plus Jake and Witherspoon have the same CAA manager - Evelyn O'Neill.

by Anonymousreply 7504/23/2011

[quote]You forgot small details like years of faking relationships with Reese Witherspoon and Taylor Swift.

You're basing your assumption that Jake Gyllenhaal is gay on another (flimsy) assumption that those relationships were faked.

Anyone who looks objectively at those relationships would probably say the relationship with Reese was real, and the thing with Taylor Swift was a simple flirtation, or some fling.

Stop behaving so desperately.

by Anonymousreply 7604/23/2011

"Anyone who looks objectively at those relationships would probably say the relationship with Reese was real, and the thing with Taylor Swift was a simple flirtation, or some fling."%0D %0D No one in the right mind would buy those obvious PR fabrications as relationships.%0D %0D But you must be one of those morons or trolls who would claim that Ren%C3%A9e Zellweger really dated Bradley Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 7804/23/2011

[quote]Reese Witherspoon used Jake Gyllenhaal for publicity.

She had no need to date an actor for publicity; she certainly hasn't gotten any less of it since she started dating the CAA guy. "Us Weekly" was positively breathless gushing over their recent nuptials. Are you one of those people who thinks ALL actors who date other actors are just doing it for publicity and/or to hide their sexual orientation?

[quote]You're basing your assumption that Jake Gyllenhaal is gay on another (flimsy) assumption that those relationships were faked.

Well, not quite: they're assuming Jake is gay because Ted Casablanca's long-running string of Toothy Tile blind items was (allegedly) about him, even though it's never been confirmed that a) they're about Jake or b) they're even true to begin with. From there they go on to assume the relationships were faked because, according to Ted Casablanca and ONLY according to Ted, Jake likes cock. Yes, it's all ridiculously flimsy, but this meme's been going on here now for about five years, ever since the first Toothy Tile column started.

[quote]Stop behaving so desperately.

To do my best Noodles impression: you [italic]NAILED[/italic} it. Certain DLers desperately want Jake to be gay, having seen him get fucked up the ass in "Brokeback Mountain."

[quote]No one in the right mind would buy those obvious PR fabrications as relationships.

Name three relationships between two celebrities under the age of 40 that you think are actually legitimate and not "showmances." I *dare* you.

by Anonymousreply 7904/23/2011

Nobody believes those relationships were real R79, so why don't you let it go.

Even if you want to buy into the assumption that Jake is in fact, not gay, bi, or whatever, it seems pretty obvious to a lot of people (although obviously not you) that the relationship between Jake and Reese and Jake and Taylor were FAKE. PR orchestrated fauxmance.

by Anonymousreply 8004/23/2011

[quote]But you must be one of those morons or trolls who would claim that Rene Zellweger really dated Bradley Cooper.

As a matter of fact, I don't think Bradley Cooper is gay, either.

by Anonymousreply 8104/23/2011

Fuck. [/italic] Fixing the italics. Sorry about that!

by Anonymousreply 8204/23/2011

"She had no need to date an actor for publicity"%0D %0D Troll, you are beyond stupid.%0D %0D Reese Witherspoon used her engagement to get publicity for her shit-fest flop "How Do You Know?".%0D %0D She used her wedding to get tabloid covers and publicity for another bad movie "Water for Elephants".%0D %0D Witherspoon is dull as dirt and showmance with Gyllenhaal got her tons of good press which equals money in Hollywood. %0D %0D Forbes about Witherspoon, 2009: "The actress got a lot of attention this year thanks to her budding relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal ..."%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8304/23/2011

R84, your trolling is beyond pathetic.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8504/23/2011

[quote]the thing with Taylor Swift was a simple flirtation, or some fling.%0D %0D A bearding fling is what it was. Taylor Swift had previous experience with this.

by Anonymousreply 8604/23/2011

R84 called you on your bullshit, R85. Own it. Neither of us is a troll, either, but you Jake fanboi freaks are certainly the new Prancing Ponies.

by Anonymousreply 8704/23/2011

To be perfectly honest, I never bought the idea that Reese and Jake were in a fake relationship, but DL'ers are so sure that it was that I was always afraid to state my opinion for fear of being called a fangurl, Cheryl, whatever haha.

by Anonymousreply 8804/23/2011

According to that poll, people are finally seeing the light again

by Anonymousreply 8904/23/2011

Witherspoon and Gyllenhaal used each other. She was dumped by Philippe; a public humiliation that publicly called for her to be seen with a man as though to say, "See? I'm still hot and have moved on."%0D %0D It's called saving face, fangurl.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9004/23/2011

"According to that poll, people are finally seeing the light again"%0D %0D Too bad trolls can't turn Jake straight and find him a real girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 9204/23/2011

Okay, R85. Let's pretend that dating Jake for two years was a career move for Reese. Please explain, then, what specific benefit Reese gained from dating him, in terms of her career.

Then, when you're done, please explain why, if Jake was so much of an asset that dating him alone was a career bonanza for Reese, why couldn't he open ZERO movies of his own during that same time period?

I'm waiting.

Oh, bonus points for addressing his four year relationship with Kirsten Dunst, while you're at it!

by Anonymousreply 9304/23/2011

[quote]troll "forgot" about her flops and her dullness.

Actually, I didn't forget about her flops. But I did click on the link that YOU PROVIDED at R84. You know, the link where you got this little nugget of "evidence":

[quote]The actress got a lot of attention this year thanks to her budding relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal ...

Except, when you dropped that quote, you omitted three key words. The actual sentence was:

[quote]The actress got a lot of attention this year thanks to her budding relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal and two solid hits.

Why'd you leave that part out?

And why pivot to the argument that she's prone to flop, when your own evidence disproves that?

by Anonymousreply 9404/23/2011

The best thought on the subject of gay male actors I ever read was, %0D %0D Think about your high school drama class. How many of the men were straight?%0D %0D %0D I think 50% of actors in Hollywood have experimented more than a little or have "crossed the line" more than the "regular" population.%0D %0D Angie, Brad...etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 9504/23/2011

R93 - try reading comments in this thread.%0D %0D How many times will you ask questions that were answered and explained in the same thread? Or are you one of those retarded fangirls who believe Reese Witherspoon's PR team?

by Anonymousreply 9604/23/2011

R94, %0D %0D Forbes decided to mention "attention this year thanks to her budding relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal" FIRST, not me.%0D %0D And I'm sure you know that How Do You Know, Rendition, Penelope, Just Like Heaven and Vanity Fair were flops.

by Anonymousreply 9704/23/2011

[quote]How many times will you ask questions that were answered and explained in the same thread?

The point under discussion is the argument that Reese dated Jake for publicity purposes. At least, that's the point that I'm discussing. And I haven't heard any rational argument as to why and how Reese Witherspoon would benefit from such an arrangement.

[quote]Or are you one of those retarded fangirls who believe Reese Witherspoon's PR team?

I'm unaware of Reese Witherspoon's PR team's statements on these issues.

Can you point me in the direction where I can read them, so that I can offer an informed response?

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 9804/23/2011

"The point under discussion is the argument that Reese dated Jake for publicity purposes. At least, that's the point that I'm discussing. And I haven't heard any rational argument as to why and how Reese Witherspoon would benefit from such an arrangement."%0D %0D You are retarded if you need someone to explain to you how publicity could benefit bland Hollywood actress.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9904/23/2011

Garrett Hedlund is said to be dating Taylor Swift this week. That certainly puts him in the gay column.

by Anonymousreply 10104/23/2011

Publicity helps, but people looking for positive publicity don't hitch their wagons to a non-entity like Jake.

If Jake was able to provide the type of publicity you claim Reese Witherspoon was seeking in dating him, then it's a shame that he couldn't leverage any of it for his own career.

In any event, I'm satisfied to see that the plurality of posters here is able to view the situation with a modicum of circumspection and reasonableness, as the poll results show.

xoxox

by Anonymousreply 10204/23/2011

Reese started dating him in 2007, when he was arguably more popular, coming off of Brokeback Mountain R102.

And whether their fake relationship actually helped their careers in dollar terms is certainly up for debate, but keeping their names in the papers made them look in demand and relevant, which is the most important thing. Actors need to keep their names on the radar, otherwise they will be forgotten, which is even worse.

Jake and Reese still get offered big budget roles even without a hit in years, and I think that could be traced back to the way they play the PR game. If you're on the cover of People or US you're considered successful these days, the bar is so low.

by Anonymousreply 10304/23/2011

Here's a lengthy recent article on Jake Gyllenhaal's lifeless career.

by Anonymousreply 10404/23/2011

[quote]One agent snarks, %E2%80%9CHis agents would probably say that his peers are Leonardo DiCaprio (36), Mark Wahlberg (39), and Matt Damon (40) %E2%80%94 but he%E2%80%99s not getting those roles: Leo%E2%80%99s getting those roles. Mark is getting those roles. I%E2%80%99m sure Disney started out with 'Get me Leo!' but wound up with Jake.%E2%80%9D

by Anonymousreply 10504/23/2011

[quote]Think about your high school drama class. How many of the men were straight? I think 50% of actors in Hollywood have experimented more than a little or have "crossed the line" more than the "regular" population.

Yet again, comparing thespians to Hollywood actors is 100% apples-and-oranges. Thespians are in it for the craft; Hollywood actors are in it for fame and money. Yes, many male thespians are gay, but that does not have any bona fide correlation with Hollywood actors.

by Anonymousreply 10604/23/2011

[quote]Yet again, comparing thespians to Hollywood actors is 100% apples-and-oranges. %0D %0D They're all the same except for their age. Just because your high school drama teacher told his class that they were thespians doesn't make them any different from the actors in Hollywood. They all want to act and they all want publicity. The high school "thespians" are aiming for Broadway and Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 10704/23/2011

[quote]And whether their fake relationship actually helped their careers in dollar terms is certainly up for debate, but keeping their names in the papers made them look in demand and relevant, which is the most important thing. Actors need to keep their names on the radar, otherwise they will be forgotten, which is even worse.

Why are you fanboi trolls so pathologically convinced that actors HAVE to be in a relationship with someone equally famous, or close to it, in order to get press? Jennifer Aniston has been single for over five years now and is still in the celeb mags ALL THE TIME. Ditto Sandra Bullock, who split from Jesse James over a year ago now. And yes, Reese is still getting plenty of media attention even though she's "only" married to an agent.

In your delusional Jake/Reese "showmance" conspiracy theories, you also conveniently forget that Reese has two children, and that it would be nothing short of abject cruelty to them to put anyone into a stepfather-like position if she didn't actually think he *might* actually end up being their stepfather someday. Reese got married younger than just about anyone else well-known in modern-day Hollywood, and it's quite obvious that she's a serial monogamist type who doesn't casually date -- and certainly not fake-date!

[quote]Jake and Reese still get offered big budget roles even without a hit in years, and I think that could be traced back to the way they play the PR game.

Jake has been in ONE big-budget film, ever: "Prince of Persia." "Source Code" was made for $32 million, a virtual pittance in today's Hollywood math. ALL of his films since BBM, except for "Prince of Persia" and "Zodiac," were made in the $25 million-$35 million range, and even though none has been a big hit, all have made their money back at the box office. Reese has only had one bona fide megaflop, "How Do You Know," but its failure can mostly be attributed to James Brooks' shitty writing, not her. All of her romcoms have done well at the box office.

Finally, for the record: I am not a troll, shill, fangurl or frau. I'm a gay man who would LOVE for Jake to be gay, but has seen zero realistic evidence that he is, or anything other than wishful thinking and Ted C.'s blind items (which are probably also wishful thinking on someone's part, either Ted's or an overeager "source" - we've seen for ourselves, via the Prancing Pony Inn, how obsessive fandom can lead even normally rationally minded people into fabricating abject bullshit about their favorite stars; remember that MsA finally admitted, years later, that she made everything about "Domlijah" up).

by Anonymousreply 10804/23/2011

[quote]They're all the same except for their age.

Horseshit. Rare is the male Broadway thespian who's straight. Equally rare is the male Hollywood actor who's gay, openly or not. High school drama-club kids are also not "thespians."

by Anonymousreply 10904/23/2011

Perhaps we're all a little mad, we who don cap and bells, and tread beneath the proscenium arch, but, tonight, you will all be transformed from dead-eyed suburbanites into white hot grease fires of pure entertainment!

by Anonymousreply 11004/23/2011

[quote]Equally rare is the male Hollywood actor who's gay,%0D %0D That's where the "Horseshit" belongs. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows that a high percentage of male Hollywood actors are gay.

by Anonymousreply 11104/23/2011

[quote]Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows that a high percentage of male Hollywood actors are gay.

There is ZERO proof that Hollywood actors are any more or less likely to be gay than the population as a whole. While obviously most gay actors are closeted, the overall percentage of actors who are gay is nevertheless most likely roughly 5-10%. The fact that most hot male actors have wishful thinking-based gay rumors about them posted on DataLounge does not mean they reflect reality.

by Anonymousreply 11204/23/2011

R112.. drama clubs in high school.. remember those? how many gays joined them? exactly.. now try to get your head around the fact that many of these people join Hollywood. Acting is a profession in the "arts", and automatically draws a lot of gay people. It's a fact. I wouldn't be surprised if 80 % to 90 % of the Hollywood actors were gay.

by Anonymousreply 11304/24/2011

"Diane Keaton was once quoted as saying that almost every actor she knew was bi."%0D %0D Oh, Diane. I guess dating Al Pacino all those years really colored your perception.

by Anonymousreply 11404/24/2011

"Jennifer Aniston has been single for over five years now and is still in the celeb mags ALL THE TIME."%0D %0D HAH! She's in the tabloids ONLY because of her relationships with John Mayer, Brad Pitt, and even rumoured lesbo romance with Chelsea Handler.%0D %0D What has Jennifer Anniston done in the last five years but play the ex-Mrs. Brad Pitt? Oh, and beard for that blond drip from The Hangover? Meanwhile, Bullock has an Oscar and a well timed publicity baby to be in the tabloids for. (And play the brave little ex-wfe of a notorious cad?) How stupid of you to think celebrities in magazines don't pimp out their romantic lives on some level to promote their "image."

by Anonymousreply 11504/24/2011

[quote]In your delusional Jake/Reese "showmance" conspiracy theories%0D %0D Wow, how democratic of you.

by Anonymousreply 11604/24/2011

[quote][R84] called you on your bullshit, [R85]. Own it. Neither of us is a troll, either, but you Jake fanboi freaks are certainly the new Prancing Ponies.%0D %0D Only a fangirl/Adam Levine would use parrotted phrases like 'own it to appear cool, so it's pot kettle black time here and who can shout loudest. The real question is, is Jake worth it? %0D %0D The poll looks to be a tie. And I'd suggest it's tempered by a bunch of folks who just don't care one way or another.%0D %0D But, to the poster above and I know I'm addressing a female who is simply out to bait, you know this is not a 'gay man's' argument. The real freak is and always has been the homophobic elephant in the room, you madam.

by Anonymousreply 11704/24/2011

And if on the offchance miracle you ARE a gay man, hand your card in. You've been screaming at people for years, bitching the same thing over and over. %0D %0D You are either full of self-hatred and have a weird Jake fixation or you are being paid and have a pretend Jake fixation. Either way it's revolting, esp the way you shit on your fellow gays, making any dissenter appear a headcase. What makes you so fucking right and special? %0D %0D No gay man would spend the amount of time bitching and crusading over this guy as you have on DL year after year. I recognize your style. %0D %0D That's it, me done. Better things to do and better threads to visit. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 11804/24/2011

I think Jake is straight. There was no speculation regarding his sexuality 'til Ted C began the inane Toothy Tile items, which any sane person would by now realize are bogus. %0D %0D %0D I do think he is aware of those rumors and I find his constant I'm straight routine stupid and off-putting,.

by Anonymousreply 11904/24/2011

[quote]the overall percentage of actors who are gay is nevertheless most likely roughly 5-10%.%0D %0D There is ZERO proof, r112, that your brain was fully functioning when you posted this ridiculously low percentage. %0D %0D When it comes to Gyllenhaal, talk of this Hollywood gay was around long before Brokeback Mountain and long before any mention of Toothy Tile. Who doesn't remember "He's got that fey look as though he's had breakfast with a leprechaun."

by Anonymousreply 12004/24/2011

There was no talk of Jake being gay before Ted's Toothy items, and no one believes them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12104/24/2011

[quote]There was no talk of Jake being gay before Ted's Toothy items%0D %0D Then you weren't at DL prior to Toothy Tile. Look it up in the DL archives.

by Anonymousreply 12204/24/2011

I go by proof not gossips, and so far the guy dates only women.

by Anonymousreply 12304/24/2011

[quote]the guy dates only women.%0D %0D %0D There's no proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 12404/24/2011

[quote]Then you weren't at DL prior to Toothy Tile. Look it up in the DL archives.

I've been on DL for a decade. While there were indeed gay rumors about Jake prior to Toothy Tile's debut, specifically ones about him being involved during his aborted freshman year at Columbia with Anna Wintour's son, Charlie Shaffer, they were quickly shot down by people who pointed out that Charlie is something like five years younger than Jake. He's also fug on top of that.

by Anonymousreply 12504/24/2011

I do think he is gay. But still struggling to find who he might have dated.

by Anonymousreply 12604/29/2011

He's gayer than the ruffles on Grace van Cutsem's bridesmaid dress.

by Anonymousreply 12705/02/2011

He hangs out with that right wing folk group, Mumford and Sons, so I doubt he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 12805/02/2011

Gayer than Princess Beatrice's hats.

by Anonymousreply 12905/02/2011

Jake Gyllenhaal will make his American stage debut in "If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet," the Roundabout Theatre Company announced today.

He'll star in the story of a girl who is bullied at school and finds herself suspended after head-butting a tormentor.

Gyllenhaal will play the girl's foul-mouthed uncle, who forms a bond with his struggling niece. The piece was written by British playwright Nick Payne, who also wrote the critically adored "Constellations."

by Anonymousreply 13004/19/2012

I saw him walking around with some tramp in a fur vest a couple of months ago in Chinatown, and she didn't seem the gay girlfriend type, she seemed the whore suck off the star and get more fur vests out of it type, so I go with straight.

by Anonymousreply 13104/19/2012

Jakey is dreamy, straight or gay.

by Anonymousreply 13204/19/2012

I go by beauty, and most probably bi.

by Anonymousreply 13304/19/2012

Jake Gyllenhaal will make his American stage debut in "If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet," the Roundabout Theatre Company said Thursday.

He'll star in the story of a girl who is bullied at school and finds herself suspended after head-butting a tormentor.

Gyllenhaal will play the girl's foul-mouthed uncle, who forms a bond with his struggling niece. The piece was written by British playwright Nick Payne, who also wrote the critically adored "Constellations."

by Anonymousreply 13404/19/2012

This sounds great. Good for Jake!

by Anonymousreply 13504/19/2012

Hmm not the poll results I expected.

I voted yes because if I had to make a guess that would be it, but he's not someone I'm overly sure of one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 13604/19/2012

"If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet," will run Off-Broadway at Roundabout's Laura Pels Theatre. Performances will start August 24 and officially open on September 20.

Gyllenhaal made his stage debut in 2001 starring in Kenneth Lonergan's revival of "This is Our Youth," on London's West End.

For his work, he earned the Evening Standard Theater Award for Outstanding Newcomer.

by Anonymousreply 13704/19/2012

He was very convincing in brokeback mountain,and i think he had a thing for heath ledger.

by Anonymousreply 13804/20/2012

Will any DL Jakey fans be waiting at the stage door of the Laura Pels Theatre? We need a first-hand report.

by Anonymousreply 13904/20/2012

This looks conclusive:

by Anonymousreply 14006/17/2012

His mouth should be gay. Oh those lips.

by Anonymousreply 14106/17/2012

Who bumped up this thread? NOBODY believes Jake Gyllenhaal is gay, and furthermore NOBODY cares anymore.

He is c list now but he is straight even the most dyed in the wool Toothy Tile fan would now admit that while shaking there head in shame and embarrassment that they once believed such nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 14207/28/2012

[quote]Who bumped up this thread?

You bumped it.

by Anonymousreply 14307/28/2012

Meant to say THE UGLIEST ACTING DUO...before the Grammar Troll strikes...

by Anonymousreply 14507/28/2012

Maggie is never going to win a beauty contest, but I still enjoy her whenever she shows up in a film. She shows a lot more charisma than Jake ever has.

by Anonymousreply 14607/28/2012

I recall when I was young and first began posting on DL, the whole Toothy Tile/Jake fiasco was in full force.

And Jake thread would hit 1000 a posts in a week. It so funny to realize how naive I was and actually believed he was gay and the TT items were real. Of course now Jake is all but forgotten on Dl and everywhere else it would seem. Yes I don't think he is gay or bi anymore and I believe the TT items to be totally bogus.

But anyway, all the fuss made over the Matt Bomer threads and how DL is crazy over him, it compares not to the fuss made about Jake.

by Anonymousreply 14707/28/2012

I think he's gay but hope he just stays in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 14807/28/2012

Jake is gay, Perez was the first to reveal him and Austin Nichols were an item. He must be struggling to find a beard because he hasn't been linked to anyone in ages.

by Anonymousreply 14907/28/2012

Jake Gyllenhaal will settle this when he finally comes out in 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 15011/07/2012

I'm settling it NOW. I'm not gay! There is just no way that I'm gay!!!

by Anonymousreply 15111/07/2012

We're just really, really, really close friends...

by Anonymousreply 15211/07/2012

MARE-Y!

Re: R73's photo link.

by Anonymousreply 15311/07/2012

Why does it even matter? Why cant he just be?

by Anonymousreply 15411/07/2012

Because it's a gay gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 15511/07/2012

r155

Yes, but isn't it about celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 15611/07/2012

R151-152 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 15711/20/2012

Have he recently played in a really good movie?

All he is trying to show is his body in his movies now, but that's not exactly the essence of acting. He is an actor after all, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 15809/24/2013

I have no fucking idea. The only info I've gotten on this is from the internet, which would clearly assert Gyllenhaal was gay no matter what his sexuality was.

Unlike some people - Clooney for instance, whom I happen to know is at least bisexual (and who should just come out of the closet already!), or Cooper, whom I knew was gay long before it became the common wisdom - I have no insider info. on Jake.

by Anonymousreply 15909/24/2013

Who gives a damn? He isn't attractive at all (both his sister and he look like they were fathered by Casper the Friendly Ghost and a horse), is just acceptable as an actor and has the personality of a cardboard box.

I cannot imagine a more asexual, dull and uninteresting person ever.

by Anonymousreply 16009/24/2013

R160 whoa, different strokes, man! Jake is damn sexy and VGLing. beat another horse, please.

by Anonymousreply 16109/24/2013

R161 many times Jake looks like a butch.

by Anonymousreply 16209/26/2013

R161, Jake is damn sexy and VPLing!

by Anonymousreply 16309/26/2013

R163, VPL without pictures is, well, VPL without pictures.

by Anonymousreply 16409/26/2013

Heh heh, he said 'take my poll!'

by Anonymousreply 16509/26/2013

Jake is adorable, and this issue will never be settled.

by Anonymousreply 16609/26/2013

Jake's threads are getting bumped. Is he famous again?

by Anonymousreply 16709/26/2013

Not really, it only takes one 'make me look straight' comment and a ton of hand-holding/bearding in the shopping mall for him to be back on the radar for anything other than acting.

Shame because he's not a bad actor.

by Anonymousreply 16809/27/2013

The world is actually, 10% gay, 80% bisexual, 10% straight, and because of social indoctrination those bisexual's are unaware of their repression.

by Anonymousreply 16909/27/2013

Yes, Gyllenhaal should come out so some people will say, '[italic]I told you so[/italic]'. Other than that, he'll just lose his career and some fans. But don't worry, gays will support him, just like they've supported other gays (which are none.).

by Anonymousreply 17009/27/2013

Lots of PR shills on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 17109/27/2013

I know he's ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 17209/27/2013

I like him. Prisoners was amazing. I wasn't feeling the hair.

by Anonymousreply 17309/27/2013

You will wait forever R170, because he is straight.

by Anonymousreply 17409/28/2013

I never found him handsome with his too big head, and he's certainly looks even worse now.

by Anonymousreply 17509/28/2013

Our Jake!

by Anonymousreply 17609/28/2013

Our Jake with VPL

by Anonymousreply 17709/28/2013

It's THIS big!

by Anonymousreply 17809/28/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 17909/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 18009/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 18109/28/2013

I saw him on Jimmy Fallon or one of the late night shows. He's still attractive and I think he's gay because Ted Casablanca pretty much outed him and I was paying attention. I don't think Ted would have continually talked about Toothy Tile if he was only guessing. For whatever reason, Ted really wanted him outed and he left no doubts in my mind about who he was discussing.

by Anonymousreply 18209/28/2013

R172 no wonder i like sin so much!

by Anonymousreply 18309/28/2013

I've found that for some reason, the guys on this board don't support out, gay actors, directors or writers. I'm really not sure why that is...jealousy?

It disappoints me.

by Anonymousreply 18409/28/2013

Still the adorable cute boy I want to bed.

by Anonymousreply 18509/28/2013

I agree with r170. People only want him to come out and say , I knew it, and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 18609/28/2013

I just saw Prisoners. Punishing, depressing, and brilliant.

Our Jakey is very, very good in this one. Hugh Jackman gnashes his teeth and practically screams GIVE ME AN OSCAR, but it's Jake who gives a fully realized performance with the most interesting character onscreen. You can tell he did the work and knew this person inside and out. A day later, it's him that I have so many questions about.

Oh, and I totally believe he's totally gay but will never come out. Honestly, what's the upside for him? Zero.

by Anonymousreply 18709/28/2013

Is Jake in any of the snake scenes?

by Anonymousreply 18809/28/2013

Jakey poo was so scared of the snakes. He kept flinching and re-doing the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 18909/28/2013

You mean for real, R189? Or his character?

by Anonymousreply 19009/28/2013

For real. He said it in an interview. He also said either the director/producer was very calm with the snakes because he was used to it.

by Anonymousreply 19109/28/2013

I was on the fence but then I just read that he broke up with his "girlfriend" some hot bikini model. They dated for 6 months according to the gossip blogs. That would be the six months just before, during, and then slightly after his movie, Prisoners came out.

My theory on why he can't come out is that he was Oscar nominated for his portrayal of a Gay man in Brokeback Mountain. If he admits he's gay, it would be like saying he wasn't acting, he was just playing himself. It's like fraud or something. He scammed the Academy. So he won't come out.

by Anonymousreply 19201/10/2014

R192 lol I don't really see the logic behind why he can't come out. I mean if that is the case no straight guy should ever win for playing a character that is straight. But then again Hollywood is still quite homophobic so won't be surprised.

I don't know I think he has been with both guys and girls, but that he ultimately likes the dick. Back then when he was with Kirsten Dunsts I thought they were really cute together.

by Anonymousreply 19301/10/2014

He's bi

by Anonymousreply 19401/10/2014

Posing

by Anonymousreply 19501/10/2014

R195, with all due respect, that is an obvious photo shop like several other pictures making the rounds on various internet sites. You want to see his body, find the stills from the movie he did with AnnE Hathaway. Some great nudes, but unfortunately no full frontals.

by Anonymousreply 19601/11/2014

Once more for old times sake.

Jake Gyllenhaals obit will read:

" He was fucked in a tent by oscar winner Heath Ledger."

by Anonymousreply 19701/11/2014

[all posts by childish idiot removed]

by Anonymousreply 19802/14/2014

Straight leaning towards asexual. A smoker.

by Anonymousreply 19902/14/2014

by Anonymousreply 20002/15/2014

by Anonymousreply 20102/15/2014

B-list attention seeking shenanigans. The way he championed Mumford and Sons was revolting, considering they are the biggest homophobic, xenophobic, talentless ass wipes in music.

by Anonymousreply 20202/15/2014

Nobody really cares anymore. He's not famous anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20302/15/2014

It seems Jake got his wish and the gays have finally abandoned him, but so has everyone else it would appear. I guess London's west end awaits.

by Anonymousreply 20402/15/2014

I cannot be sure but there seems to be a good deal of information out there that seems to raise an eyebrow, that is for sure!

At the very least, the dude is bisexual. He once said in an interview that if he found himself attracted to a guy, it would not bother him.

by Anonymousreply 20502/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.