Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Greg Kinnear

Gay or nay?

by Anonymousreply 2408/20/2013

He was so convincing in As Good As It Gets as a gay guy. The facial expressions and mannerisms were pitch-perfect.

Either gay or a very talented actor.

by Anonymousreply 104/19/2011

shanaynay but if yea would be a pocket gay.

by Anonymousreply 204/19/2011

I think he comes from a religious family.

by Anonymousreply 304/19/2011

Straight.%0D %0D And frankly? Over.

by Anonymousreply 404/19/2011

He used to be so cute but I saw him recently and he has aged terribly. Age is a bitch on white guys.

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013

I've never seen any positive proof to indicate that he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 608/18/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 708/18/2013

I remember seeing him on The Soup back in the 90s. He was taking the piss out of himself, and was very funny and charming. I've had an extremely soft spot for him ever since.

by Anonymousreply 808/18/2013

There's no proof that he's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 908/19/2013

He was my neighbor for 5 years. He's straight. He dated 2 women during that time before he began dating the woman whom he married. Quiet guy.

by Anonymousreply 1008/19/2013

He strikes me as straight. Cute, but not very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1108/19/2013

He used to do Talk Soup?!?! How did he manage to go from that to winning an Oscar? He must have a terrific agent.

by Anonymousreply 1208/19/2013

[quote]He used to do Talk Soup?!?! How did he manage to go from that to winning an Oscar? He must have a terrific agent.

Please! He was just a mere nominee.

by Anonymousreply 1308/19/2013

He coulda been a contender. What the hell happened?

by Anonymousreply 1408/20/2013

I think he deserved to win for "As Good As It Gets". Sorry, but Robin Williams for "Good Will Hunting" was okay, but didn't deserve an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 1508/20/2013

He was hysterical on The Soup.

His dad was in the CIA or something and he grew up around the world.

by Anonymousreply 1608/20/2013

He's got those cocksucker lips.

by Anonymousreply 1708/20/2013

He got discovered on The Soup by Sydney Pollack (Sydney loved blonde men----Redford for example) and cast in Sabrina. That started his film career.

by Anonymousreply 1808/20/2013

Wait. r18, are you saying Sidney Pollack was gay?!?! This may be the best gossip I have heard in YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 1908/20/2013

[quote]He was hysterical on The Soup.

Back in the 90s it was "Talk Soup," since it focused on the then-plentiful daytime talk show genre. The show became "The Soup" when reality shows became the dominant trash genre.

I was just wondering whatever happened to John Henson, the guy who succeeded Greg Kinnear in the late 90s ("Since 2008, Henson has co-hosted the ABC obstacle course game-show, Wipeout" -- who knew?), and to my surprise his Wikipedia entry identifies him as African-American. How did I never realize he was black?

Or maybe that's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 2008/20/2013

[quote]Wait. [R18], are you saying Sidney Pollack was gay?!?!

Not r18, but Laurents autobiography spent a lot of time discussing Pollack's Aryan worship of Redford. He intimated that there was a man-crush at minimum.

by Anonymousreply 2108/20/2013

Thanks for that, r21. Interesting idea about Pollack and Redford. I wonder if there is a similar erotic charge between Scorsese and di Caprio (not to mention the previous dynamic between Scorsese and de Niro.)

by Anonymousreply 2208/20/2013

It is the ideal personification of how those directors see themselves. Call it a crush if you must.

by Anonymousreply 2308/20/2013

Yes, I see, Dr. Adler. How many other director/actor pairs like this are there in film history? John Ford and John Wayne? Fellini and Mastroianni? Burton and Depp? Earlier I think Spike Lee and Denzel Washington had an erotic collaboration. On somewhat similar grounds, I think it even works for the male director/female star dynamic. It makes more sense to me that Hitchcock wanted to BE Ingrid Bergman or Grace Kelly than he wanted them sexually. Or von Sternberg & Dietrich. Or Almodovar and Carmen Maura or Penelope Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 2408/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!