Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Michele Bachmann has a gay step-sister?

Didn't know this until someone posted a link to this in an article about her latest bigoted speeches in Iowa campaigning for prez.>>>%0D %0D %0D But Michele Bachmann's Christian testimony has not endeared her to everyone in her family. When Bachmann held a hearing on the gay marriage ban at the Capitol last April, she got a rude surprise: Sitting just a few feet away was her stepsister, Helen LaFave, who chose the occasion to come out publicly for the first time, with her partner of 20 years in attendance. "This issue has been very hurtful to me personally, and divisive for our family," LaFave told the Star Tribune at the time. Bachmann said at the time that she had taken a family vote on the gay marriage ban, and that family members favored it by a 6-3 margin. But both Michael and Helen LaFave insist she never spoke to them about it. Helen LaFave added that Bachmann ignored letters LaFave had sent her about the matter.%0D %0D (Helen LaFave, 46, declined to be interviewed for this story, saying, "My dad is in his 80s now, and it's too much to have all of this out there for him.")%0D %0D "I've got to be clear that I've always been kind of proud of Michele," Michael LaFave says cautiously. That all went sour, though, as Bachmann increasingly became the face of the efforts to ban gay marriage at the Capitol. LaFave had no choice but to take things personally: "I wrote her an e-mail, and asked very nicely why she had to carry the water on this, knowing that my father has a gay daughter. How could she discriminate against Helen?%0D %0D "She's out there courting a family values agenda, but she's saying things about her own family that's not true," he claims. "She could have been talking to the voters the whole time about having a gay sister," he says. "That at least would have been honest. Dick Cheney had the good sense to do that with his daughter. He had the good sense to know not to engage the base, to not get involved in the debate, because he knew how much it would hurt his daughter. If anyone spent the most time together between the LaFaves and the Ambles," LaFave concludes, "it was Michele and Helen.%0D %0D "What I'd say to Michele is that you've got a situation here that you didn't have to create. You didn't have to go about it this way," he says, and pauses before announcing he'll likely vote for Patty Wetterling. "I'd say, 'Michele, for all of this, you've lost your family. You've lost my vote.'"%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2004/13/2011

Kind of funny that someone who is so into family values doesn't value her own family%0D %0D %0D (Btw, didn't Bachmann say gays were mentally ill at some point?)

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2011

Heh, who likes their step-sister?

Seriously though, Bachmann would probably deny she ever had children if they were gay.

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2011

So true, r2.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2011

Wouldn't be surprised r1. Her husband is a "cure the gays" therapist.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2011

Her husband is a poster child for cure the gays failure.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2011

and she has a gay husband, too. if he's curing any gays, r4, it's by giving them blowjobs.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2011

What everyone else said,

Did you know Michele Bachmann has a gay HUSBAND, OP??

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2011

No, r7, I was not aware of that. %0D %0D Why would a gay man put up with her crazy though? I could see a straight man putting up with it for the sex but a gay man? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2011

Think about it.

The same kind of gay man who minces around trying to PRETEND he's something he's not. The same kind of gay man who votes republican... etc.

That's what kind.

Here's a telling link.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2011

another link.

closeted self-loathing gayvoice for days.

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2011

Oh, God, that link is hilarious. He's whining about the evil gays while sounding very, very gay himself.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2011

"Dick Cheney had the good sense to do that with his daughter. He had the good sense to know not to engage the base, to not get involved in the debate, because he knew how much it would hurt his daughter."%0D %0D Clearly Michael LaFave missed the entire 2004 GOP Presidential campaign.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2011

Holy moly.

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2011

Minnesotan here.

Marcus Bachmann, Michelle's husband, is rumored to be gay, or perhaps he and Michelle believe, an ex-gay. I tend to believe the rumors. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

No one who is as obsessed with the GLBT community as good old crazy-eyes Michelle does not have something to hide. Talk about self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2011

Michele Bachmann also pings. Probably what "attracted" them to each other.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2011

[quote]Michele Bachmann also pings. Probably what "attracted" them to each other.

Yup, not just her sister.

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2011

And eww, her husband's ugly (and she's kind of foxy so she married down). She didn't marry him because he's decent looking, she didn't marry him for the sex (if he's gay)...

Conclusion? $$$$ and/or he's her merkin.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2011

Wow at those youtube links. Swisssssssssssshhhh.

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2011

An outing would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 1904/13/2011

a

by Anonymousreply 2004/13/2011
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!