Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How come French women are so beautiful...

but the men are so ugly?

by Anonymousreply 11610/13/2013

earrings

caftans!

by Anonymousreply 904/09/2011

"At least most french men have big dicks."%0D %0D %0D %0D You are just making assumptions based on anecdotal evidence.%0D %0D %0D "You oughta see India (with a handful of exceptions, and they become movie stars). Yet the women are pageant beautiful."%0D %0D %0D More assumptions based on anecdotal evidence...%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1004/09/2011

OMG r10 - everything discussed in datalounge is assumptions based on first, second, third and fourth-hand anecdotal evidence.%0D %0D WHAT the FUCKING FUCK is your problem?%0D %0D You want research, pick up an almanac.

by Anonymousreply 1104/09/2011

The most beautiful French woman I have ever seen is that news woman Melissa Theuriau whose image must be used without her permission because I see it with bullshit ads promoting everything from Acai to "miracle cures" to "work at home."

by Anonymousreply 1404/09/2011

"WHAT the FUCKING FUCK is your problem?"%0D %0D %0D %0D You're the one with the problem. %0D %0D %0D %0D You and the other people posting here sound like the Christians who assume all gays are bad because they met some gay people they didn't like. Some French people are ugly, some are gorgeous, and most are somewhere in between. End of story.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1504/09/2011

It balances out England, where the men are beautiful and the women are so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1604/09/2011

The men are beautiful in England? No, they aren't. They also age VERY badly.

I foresee Henry Cavill ending up like Jeremy Northam.

by Anonymousreply 1704/09/2011

It would be a close race between the French and the Dutch. Dutch women are stunning, especially when they zoom around on their bicycles. If I lived there I would have a real bicycle fetish. Not sure how that would manifest itself, but I would have one.

by Anonymousreply 1804/09/2011

Colombians are very beautiful, imho.

Especially in Barranquilla.

by Anonymousreply 1904/09/2011

Dutch women beautiful? Please! Most look very butch to me. That said, there are beautiful and homely women every where. I have to laugh at beauty contests because for every beauty queen I can go out on the street and see pretty girls that are more naturally beautiful than those fake big tittid bimbettes.

by Anonymousreply 2004/09/2011

Dutch women are very fit, and strong. stunning maybe in rare case. beautiful in a model like way is very very rare.

by Anonymousreply 2104/09/2011

French men are indeed very ugly. What's shocking is who the male sex symbols over there, Serge Gainsboug, Gerard Deperdieu ... yuck! I remember being shocked when the French media went on and on how attractive Nicolas Sarkozy is and the DL parroting that line.%0D %0D The women can be beautiful, though, but there's a type of gap-toothed, manly French woman considered attractive in France that just leaves me shaking my head.

by Anonymousreply 2204/09/2011

Vincent Cassel can do me anytime; I'd even go down on Monica (Italian women are more beautiful than the French).

by Anonymousreply 2304/09/2011

Vanessa Paradis, r22?

by Anonymousreply 2404/09/2011

Melissa Theuriau is very beautiful indeed, R14, but does anyone think she spray-tans? In every picture, her face looks like it's covered in bronzer.

French women look pretty good according to this compilation of average female faces from around the world. But I think the Finns, Swedes and Swiss are amongst the best looking (at least according to the chart).

by Anonymousreply 2504/09/2011

Let me break it down: The French, Russians, Scandinavians tend to have unattractive men and more beautiful women.%0D %0D Spaniard, German, Dutch, Hungarian men tend to be more attractive than their women folk.%0D %0D The British, both men and women, are a generally plain population.%0D %0D Italians and Argentines are a genereally attractive population.

by Anonymousreply 2604/09/2011

@R26%0D %0D Yes, genereally...attractive%0D %0D Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 2704/09/2011

[quote]"At least most french men have big dicks."

You are just making assumptions based on anecdotal evidence.

Not really

by Anonymousreply 2804/09/2011

That manly, wine-guzzling Isabelle Legeron of the travel channel is also considered sexy by the French.

by Anonymousreply 2904/09/2011

Those compilations are lame, r25. A few generically pretty faces from a country morphed together just end up looking like the rest of the global pack.

by Anonymousreply 3004/09/2011

Louis Garrel, anyone?%0D French men ugly...really?

by Anonymousreply 3104/09/2011

Just like Asians, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3204/09/2011

%0D [quote] French men are indeed very ugly. What's shocking is who the male sex symbols over there, Serge Gainsboug, Gerard Deperdieu ... yuck [/quote] %0D %0D Have you seen the sex symbols in our country lately? %0D %0D France has plenty of gorgeous men. %0D %0D One of the classic leading men: %0D

by Anonymousreply 3304/09/2011

I wonder what Joan of Arc looked like.

by Anonymousreply 3404/09/2011

R33, I don't know. He looks like a bit of a square.

by Anonymousreply 3504/09/2011

R22, just because the media highlights a few sub par examples because they are trying to push those people doesn't mean that those people are indicative of the average French person. But Gerard Deperdieu isn't bad looking.

by Anonymousreply 3604/09/2011

Gregoire Leprince-Ringuet

by Anonymousreply 3704/09/2011

Average r37.

by Anonymousreply 3804/10/2011

I've lived in France off and on for several years. I've found the men of southern France much more attractive than those from the north. Overall, the men of Normandy and Brittany are some of the homeliest people I've ever seen in my life.

by Anonymousreply 3904/10/2011

French boys are beautiful. Not all of them hold on to their looks as they hit their 30s. It's like the beauty hormone just stops pumping.

by Anonymousreply 4004/10/2011

R14, that is so funny! I've seen her adds all the time and assumed she was some generic pretty American myspace/catalogue model. Funny how context changes things. Anyway, addressing the subject, I think it's not so much that French women are extraordinary beauties as that they are thin and know to dress well.

by Anonymousreply 4104/10/2011

How come so many white men over 50 either look like Ernest Hemingway or Dick Cheney?

by Anonymousreply 4204/10/2011

I'm with r5: India is a much better example of this sex disparity in attractiveness. On average, Indian women are very attractive, with naturally voluptuous figures (can't hide fat in a sari, and they mostly can't afford breast augmentation).

Indian men -- not even one in a hundred is attractive.

I've often wondered about the reasons for this. And btw my sample size is hundreds of thousands of Indians, whom I've seen in situ, so this is not purely anecdotal.

by Anonymousreply 4304/10/2011

Don't the big dicks and sexy accents make up for the facially challenged French men? Not only that, but they're supposed to be great in bed, generally.

by Anonymousreply 4404/10/2011

Of course not everyone in a country can be hot, but I disagree with the 'French men are ugly' view. On the metro, without fail there'd be at least one incredibly hot guy in my train carriage.

by Anonymousreply 4504/10/2011

you shouldn't go making assumptions so easily , beauty is very diverse in all societies , but i'm not being a dictator here, like some say the Birtish government are brainwashing kids with PDC, it is perfectly ok to have such personal opinions, but it is often unwise to juge so quickly

i suggest reading Pride and Prejudice

by Anonymousreply 4605/02/2011

I have never read more bullshit on a single thread.

by Anonymousreply 4705/02/2011

R14 needs to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 4805/02/2011

French women just don't age very well.

by Anonymousreply 4905/02/2011

Frenchwomen tend to a particular body type: slim, a little boyish, with small bust and hips. (Chanel designed everything with this woman in mind.) Their faces tend toward a little sharpness of features. %0D %0D I think many of them are striking, but their appeal is in their stylishness and grooming, not in some au natural gorgeousness. %0D %0D I don't know much about Dutch women. I know some would claim that Australian women have the best natural figures on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 5005/02/2011

[quote]Their faces tend toward a little sharpness of features.

I think that's attractive, R50. The French pop sensation Alizee is stunning(but her popularity seems to have mostly died off).

by Anonymousreply 5105/02/2011

More Frenchies, please.

by Anonymousreply 5205/03/2011

Not everyone shares your opinion. Sir Thomas Browne offers his observations upon the women of France, 1664:

"I was not sick at all in coming over from Dover to Calais, upon the sea, but yet could hardly forbear spuing at the first sight of the French women. They are most of them of such a tawny, sapy, base complection, and have such ugly faces, which they here set out with a dresse would fright the divell."

by Anonymousreply 5305/03/2011

I would say that French movie stars tend to be chosen for their beauty if they're female and for their talent if they're male. If they're English, they need to be extremely talented, looks a plus but not mandatory depending on the level of talent.

by Anonymousreply 5405/03/2011

I don't know, I remeber when I visited England I saw many beautiful women. This was back in the 1980's. They had perfect skin, feminine features and slim builds.

by Anonymousreply 5505/03/2011

f

by Anonymousreply 5612/18/2011

there is a famous French expression, OP:

There is no such thing as an ugly French woman, only a Lazy one.

by Anonymousreply 5712/18/2011

R20 nails it. Most of the time the truly good lookers are normal people. They blow the models away.

by Anonymousreply 5812/18/2011

I'm with [R5]: India is a much better example of this sex disparity in attractiveness. On average, Indian women are very attractive, with naturally voluptuous figures (can't hide fat in a sari, and they mostly can't afford breast augmentation).

Isn't this sex disparity also true of Japanese, Korean and Chinese?

by Anonymousreply 5912/18/2011

R59, not being fat doesn't make someone attractive. They are as bad as the men.

by Anonymousreply 6012/18/2011

LOL at R25's dishonest faces. I can tell that some of the results are cooked in order to help out some of the fug countries.

by Anonymousreply 6112/18/2011

French hottie Matthieu Charneau:

by Anonymousreply 6212/18/2011

Italian and Dutch men are the hottest, and Russian women are the hottest. British are actually near the top in both sexes, which makes them unusual.

by Anonymousreply 6312/18/2011

What about the Scots, Danes, and Slovakians?

by Anonymousreply 6412/18/2011

French men are hot. OP doesn't know what he is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 6512/18/2011

OP, French men are GORGEOUS. Until they hit 30. Then damn, they go from shockingly hot and sexy to FUGLY with a capital "F" overnight.

by Anonymousreply 6612/18/2011

Perhaps the most beautiful man alive? Yoann Gourcuff, footballer from Brittany.

by Anonymousreply 6712/18/2011

Is he wearing eyeliner?

by Anonymousreply 6812/18/2011

I agree r67, now that is a gorgeous man.

by Anonymousreply 6912/18/2011

The French are dark, it's much more rare to have blondes like Bardot. I was shocked when I got there how dark they were. Black hair, brown eyes, olive faces and I'm not talking about the Arabs, which is another thread.

I really thought that people in French films were representative of France. But no, not at all.

German men are not attractive either, British men tend to be very attractive (younger ones) same with the Irish.

The women in France for the most part are not attractive, German women are ok, UK women - uhhh, there seems to be loads of USA type fatties there now.

by Anonymousreply 7012/18/2011

Italians look Italian

by Anonymousreply 7112/18/2011

R70, maybe they were a mix. What parts of France were you in?

by Anonymousreply 7212/18/2011

[quote]The men are beautiful in England? No, they aren't. They also age VERY badly. I foresee Henry Cavill ending up like Jeremy Northam.

I agree - most of the men in England are ugly. And the few that do look good usually age badly, and Henry Cavill is the perfect example. Even though he looks good, he does not look good for a 28 year old - he could easily pass for mid-30's. He's also a smoker which ages you, so by the time he actually is in his mid-30's he will probably not be looking too hot anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7312/18/2011

Neither French men nor women are fundamentally attractive, but they're quite elegant and they know how to carry themselves well.

by Anonymousreply 7412/18/2011

No, R68. Those are really his eyelashes. Here he is during training.

by Anonymousreply 7512/19/2011

I was all over France, from the French Riviera, to Paris to small villages, to the south of France. r75 s photo does look like a French person but one of the better looking Frenchmen. Their accent in English is of course hot hot hot but just lookswise I don't fine them very attractive. And they all smoke like fiends.

by Anonymousreply 7612/19/2011

R76, could you please post some pictures of what they typically look like(male or female)?

by Anonymousreply 7712/19/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 7812/19/2011

OP is proof that even retards know how to turn on a computer.

by Anonymousreply 7912/19/2011

Lithuanian (Baltic) women are hot...here's tall and gorgeous Agne with Italian men.

by Anonymousreply 8012/19/2011

r67 looks like my nephew, and my family came mostly from Brittany and the Aquitaine.

by Anonymousreply 8112/19/2011

I've always thought that Carole Bouquet is one of the most beautiful women in the world. I find her far more attractive than Deneuve, and although they are both the epitome of sophisticated French elegance, Deneuve comes across as an arrogant bitch, whilst Bouquet was untouchable and distant from some of her great movies through to her modelling as the face of Chanel No 5. She has also aged naturally and looks fantastic now. How she could date Depadeiu (sp?) is beyond me...

by Anonymousreply 8212/19/2011

And Bouquet this year, at 54....

by Anonymousreply 8312/19/2011

French films are a little misleading, as they tend to feature men cast for their acting ability without any regard for looks and women cast for their looks and that's about it. When I saw the subject line I immediately thought of Marguerite Duras, not a pretty sight.

I think Arabic and Indic women are incredibly beautiful, but they have some fine-looking men too.

by Anonymousreply 8412/19/2011

[quote]I don't know, I remeber when I visited England I saw many beautiful women. This was back in the 1980's. They had perfect skin, feminine features and slim builds.

Times have changed indeed.

R29, what hell is that? A man or a woman?

by Anonymousreply 8512/19/2011

Why dont you ask Charlotte Gainsbourg? She's totally GORGE!

by Anonymousreply 8612/19/2011

Emmanuelle Beart

And let us not forget, in her younger days. Catherine Deneuve was chosen to be the face of Mariane, the spirit of the Republic on the French money.

by Anonymousreply 8712/19/2011

Some thoughts-

If evidence that French men have big dicks is anecdotal, come pull up a chair because I have a *lot* of stories to tell you. I lived in Paris during my slut years and there were big cocks galore. And lots of versatile tops. Like take-it-up-the-ass every once in a while versatile tops.

French women do take care of themselves but they avoid the social x-ray/emaciated look of well-heeled American woman.

It might be apocryphal but Deneuve is famous for saying that, after a certain age, a woman must choose between her face and her ass. That's why women like Fanny Ardant are so beautiful. A bit of earthiness never hurts.

by Anonymousreply 8812/19/2011

Jean Dujardin is hardly my idea of "not beautiful."

next!

by Anonymousreply 8912/19/2011

Are you kidding? I live in Paris and a lot of the guys here are impossibly goodlooking!! Much more than in NYC

by Anonymousreply 9012/19/2011

There is something very off-putting about Deneuve to me, and there always has been. Her face work (that she allegedly hasn’t had) and trout pout are making her look like a clown at this point. Give me Fanny Ardant any day. Even though Carole Bouquet has a coldness about her, she also seems to have a sense of humor. Her androgyny and deep voice remind me of Garbo, not to mention a facial resemblance to her. R82, if you haven’t yet seen a movie called Dead Tired from 1994, please do so. (It’s on DVD.) Bouquet has a major role and plays herself. Her performance of herself is very reminiscent of Garbo in Ninotchka. I don’t understand the Depardieu thing either, but her first husband was a heroin-addicted, dissipated filmmaker. She said in an interview once that she goes for men who are “ogres.”

R70, Bardot is not a natural blonde. She’s dark-haired and her eyes are brown, just like Deneuve’s natural coloring. Charlotte Gainsbourg is not renowned for her beauty, R86. Besides, she’s half English and half Russian Jew – not French at all by blood.

As for the Frenchwoman’s storied reliance on beauty products (especially face creams) and regimens, I noticed when I was in France that their skin was not nearly as good as the average American woman’s skin. They are stylish, thinner, and they carry themselves well, and I think that’s what people are impressed with. They’re also really impressed with themselves.

by Anonymousreply 9112/19/2011

I think French guys are hot, hot, hot.

by Anonymousreply 9212/19/2011

r89, he stood out enough to be a movie star in France. He would melt into the background in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 9312/19/2011

Jean Reno is another fug considered hot in France.

by Anonymousreply 9412/19/2011

He isn't French, R94. It's obvious.

by Anonymousreply 9512/19/2011

Hideous.

by Anonymousreply 9612/19/2011

French football star Franck Ribery is a known ladies man who has women always throwing themselves at him.

by Anonymousreply 9712/19/2011

Another picture of sports superstar Ribery.

by Anonymousreply 9812/19/2011

Yum!

by Anonymousreply 9912/19/2011

Bridgette Bardot with her brown hair and brown eyes.

by Anonymousreply 10012/20/2011

Here she is again, brown hair, brown eyes. Long hair. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 10112/20/2011

I've never found Catherine Deneuve pretty either, always thought that blonde hair on her looked awful. Here's a pic of her with dark hair. I have never found her attractive.

by Anonymousreply 10212/20/2011

"Catherine Deneuve. Brown hair."

That blogger has got that wrong, that's Catherine's late sister Francoise Dorleac in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 10312/20/2011

Agreed R91 re Deneuve, and yes I've seen Dead Tired a number of times (or Grosse Fatigue as it's titled in it's homeland). Bouquet is great in it, and loved Michel Blanc in it too. The scene where she 'heals' someone was very well done and with many other actors would have been smug or gratuitous, but with Bouquet, you can tell she doesn't take herself too seriously. She also is very open about her distaste for being a Bond girl in For Your Eyes Only.

by Anonymousreply 10412/20/2011

Handsome French men in drag make beautiful women.

by Anonymousreply 10512/20/2011

Those that you see in movies aren't necessarily representative of the women overall, at least not from my visits to France.

I agree with the poster who said French women have sharp features. They also tend to have large noses and French blondes are not common. What they do have seems to be an instinctive sense of style.

Of the French overall they look like they could use more baths or showers. King Louis XVI supposedly only bathed once a year and many French people don't look like they bathe or shower much more than he did.

by Anonymousreply 10612/20/2011

[quote]I agree with the poster who said French women have sharp features. They also tend to have large noses and French blondes are not common. What they do have seems to be an instinctive sense of style.

I agree with this assessment. I would add that French women (and women from some other European countries) have a certain sensual femininity that North American women lack. American women of today are very girly-ish all the way through their late twenties (part of it is how they dress) and they don't seem to grow into any kind of womanliness. A lot of European men told me this and I happen to agree with them.

by Anonymousreply 10712/20/2011

Here is a picture of a very young Deneuve (on the left) with her natural dark hair.

by Anonymousreply 10812/20/2011

I think Deneuve and Mastroianni's daughter Chiara is beautiful. She got the best of both parents. I did notice that she's getting that smoker face, which is unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 10912/20/2011

Agree with R39, after spending sometime in Aix, I was astounded by the beautiful young Frenchmen. They were mostly students but so many were stunning, there were also a lot of stunning N. Africans too. I didn't notice the women.

by Anonymousreply 11012/20/2011

Cannes 2011 Deneuve portrait.

by Anonymousreply 11112/20/2011

R8 you're absurd , there is nothing such as "looking french"

I am French and my whole familuy is French, what exactly is the standard of "lookng French" as u say

by Anonymousreply 11212/20/2011

I disagree, R112. That's like saying there's no such thing as looking Italian, looking Russian, looking German, looking American, etc. I think there is a certain image the world has when it comes to "looking French." I will list some celebrities who exemplify, what I think it means to look French (from an American point of view).

Men: old time actor Louis Ducreux (he's the best example)

Jean-Hugues Anglade

Jacques Cousteau

Thierry Lhermitte

For the "classic" (or, if you prefer, "stereotypical") Frenchman, it's often a combination of a large, rather sharp nose, heavy-lidded eyes, and thin lips. They look a little like eagles.

Women: Bardot when young was very French-looking, as was Arielle Dombasle before she completely fucked up her face.

Marie-France Pisier (RIP) could never have been mistaken for [italic] anything [/italic] but French. Among other things, she had that heart-shaped face that is often associated with French women. So did Claudette Colbert (whom Pisier slightly resembled) and Simone Simon.

I think Jacqueline Bisset [italic] looks [/italic] French, even though she's only marginally so by blood.

by Anonymousreply 11312/21/2011

Personally I find Danes very attractive - men and women alike.

French women may look great but they all reek of body odor and cigarettes. Yuk.

by Anonymousreply 11412/21/2011

Why is it so hard for some people to believe that Carole Bouquet might find Depardieu attractive?

by Anonymousreply 11510/13/2013

Isabelle Adjani -- one of the most beautiful women ever

Here's a picture of her younger, without the fake cheekbones.

by Anonymousreply 11610/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.