Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Shania Twain - will she ever record again?

What is the deal with this woman? She has a reality show slated for OWN network. Will it chronicle her making a comebacka album? It's been EIGHT YEARS since her last - that is forever in the music industry for the woman with the highest selling album ever. %0D %0D Despite all her self inflicted drama, she is easier to take than these lame country acts today. %0D %0D Does Mutt refuse to produce her any longer??

by Anonymousreply 16002/25/2015

Well, they're divorced and as I recall it wasn't a very friendly split so I doubt they have any desire to work together. Still, she could have hooked up with another strong producer and continued recording. The lack of recording without Mutt only cements the idea that all her success was due to him.

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2011

This is some white trash shit:

Twain married music producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange on December 28, 1993, and they have a son, Eja D'Angelo (pronounced "Asia") who was born on August 12, 2001. On May 15, 2008, a spokesperson for Mercury Nashville announced that Twain and Lange were separating after Lange had an affair with Twain's best friend, Marie-Anne Thiebaud.[44][45] Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010.[46] On December 20, 2010, Twain's manager confirmed that Twain was engaged to Swiss business executive Frederic Thiebaud, the ex-husband of Marie-Anne Thiebaud.[47][48] They married on January 1, 2011 in Rinc%C3%B3n, Puerto Rico.[49]

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2011

My guess is, she can't come up with shit due to her writing/producing partner, divorcing her. Her autobiography comes out next month. She ain't getting any younger.

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2011

Shania has repeatedly tried to get another album going, but she can't come up with any decent songs.

Mutt Lang was the musical talent, Shania was just the sexy belly button on the CD cover.

Having said this, in her defense, Taylor Swift did the same thing, but at least Shania Twain had some seriously good songs. Taylor Swift is pure musical dog vomit attached to a great ass.

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2011

"Despite all her self inflicted drama, she is easier to take than these lame country acts today."%0D %0D %0D %0D ROFLMAO. She is the one responsible for all the lame country acts - they are just trying to copy her success. She's a stupid bimbo who used her looks to get to the top, and thinks she's a songwriter because she slaps her name on songs her ex-husband wrote. She can't sing, either. Her songs are unbelievably cheesy - like Mariah Carey songs with a few steel quitars thrown in to make them "country" %0D %0D %0D %0D "Having said this, in her defense, Taylor Swift did the same thing, but at least Shania Twain had some seriously good songs. Taylor Swift is pure musical dog vomit attached to a great ass."%0D %0D %0D %0D Anyone who likes "artists" like Shania Twain has no right to look down on Taylor Swift. They both suck, but at least Taylor didn't need a Svengali to write her songs.%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 504/09/2011

OP

Unless she finds another Mutt Lange to fuck, she will never record again.

They both took a downright Milli Vanilli like gamble on things.

Where is their son, though? Has anyone ever seen him? Was that just a fake?

by Anonymousreply 604/09/2011

On the plus side, she doesn't have to look at that damn ugly MuTT anymore.

Men don't come much more repulsive than that.

Hopefully, their child favors her.

by Anonymousreply 704/09/2011

"Mutt Lang was the musical talent, Shania was just the sexy belly button on the CD cover."%0D %0D It was a commercial relationship that was greater, and more successful, than the sum of its parts.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 804/09/2011

Don't be an idiot r6.

Good looking kid... so far.

by Anonymousreply 1004/09/2011

Earlier pic.... to satisfy the conspiracist at r6.

by Anonymousreply 1104/09/2011

Dis Mutt write "You're the One"? That's one of the most beautiful songs. Don't really like any other songs by Shania, but can see how some find them catchy.

I do believe Mutt wrote one foe the really good Britney slow songs - "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know".

by Anonymousreply 1204/09/2011

The entire music industry is in a long creative void right now. All songs, in all genres suck eggs.

The genre that will win out, will be the one which attracts the next genius songwriter(s), the next Lennon & McCartney or Prince.

by Anonymousreply 1304/09/2011

Yes, r12, they co-wrote that as well as "The Best Thing About Being a Woman (Is the Prerogative to Have a Little Fun)".

by Anonymousreply 1404/09/2011

[quote]The entire music industry is in a long creative void right now. All songs, in all genres suck eggs.

Bullshit. I've rescued it on my own.

by Anonymousreply 1504/09/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 1604/09/2011

She was one of the guesses for the long-running (yes, most probably invented) CDAN blind item about the singer who didn't actually sing on her best-selling albums. Something about a back up singer who had been receiving payments but then the payments stopped and she was about to go public.

by Anonymousreply 1704/09/2011

I really missed her lovely sweet voice.

by Anonymousreply 1804/09/2011

Shania does have a good voice. Listen to her belting out "You've got a friend" at the link. I actually think she's better than Celine.%0D %0D But not Gloria.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2004/09/2011

Shania's only talent as a songwriter is sitting in the studio on a stool looking pretty to inspire Mutt Lang, for which she got a technical partial credit. I am guessing she has hired ghost writers for her next album, the problem is there are no good songwriters of any kind left today in Country Music. You can't hired what is not available.

by Anonymousreply 2104/09/2011

Not if there's a God.

by Anonymousreply 2204/09/2011

I thought she she looked mighty fine in the "That Don't Impress Me Much" desert video.

by Anonymousreply 2304/09/2011

I believe that some people thought Shania Twain retired from the music business.

by Anonymousreply 2404/10/2011

Gloria is so not a diva. What a bore!!

by Anonymousreply 2504/10/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 2604/10/2011

Shania Twain will never record again. She is not American. Country Music has become so insanely politicized in the last 10 years, non-Americans are not allowed anymore, even Democratic Americans are frowned on these days.

Look at Brad Paisley's new song "This is Country Music" it is the quintessential Republican American Anthem.

by Anonymousreply 2704/10/2011

Brad Paisley is the new Charlie Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 2804/10/2011

Seriously, has anyone even noticed her absence until this thread?

by Anonymousreply 2904/10/2011

I actually haven't seen a non-American at the American Country Awards in a long time. Maybe they don't give awards to non-Americans anymore. That would explain why Keith Urban took on US citizenship.

Celine Dion was at the CMTs this year, but she took US citizenship on years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3004/10/2011

God willing, NO.

by Anonymousreply 3104/10/2011

Shania Twain will never record again. She is not American. Country Music has become so insanely politicized in the last 10 years, non-Americans are not allowed anymore, even Democratic Americans are frowned on these days.%0D %0D You're on point, r27.

by Anonymousreply 3304/10/2011

Hell, according to the Harper Conservative government, Shania Twain isn't even really Canadian since she lived out of the country for years.

Shania Twain: Just visiting. She didn't come back here for you.

by Anonymousreply 3404/10/2011

Taylor Swift isn't homely.

by Anonymousreply 3504/10/2011

Taylor Swift is the bimbo of Country Music.

Teenage girls would buy the music generated from a band of jackhammers, if somebody sung the words "You are special and not fat" over top of the noise.

by Anonymousreply 3604/10/2011

Didn's Shania step up to care for her younger siblings after their parents were killed? I think this was before she was famous. I am sure I heard that somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 3704/11/2011

That's true, r37.

by Anonymousreply 3804/11/2011

Next?

by Anonymousreply 3904/11/2011

It is too bad that she stopped for a while. Then again, Shania wanted to get her feet back on the ground. She had a baby. She was getting a divorce. She was living in Switzerland where she still lives.%0D %0D Shania had gone through a writer's block where she couldn't be creative. She lost the ability to sing as well.

by Anonymousreply 4004/12/2011

Y'all mean colored trash.

by Anonymousreply 4104/12/2011

G'day, mate r27!

by Anonymousreply 4204/12/2011

[quote]Shania Twain - will she ever record again?

by Anonymousreply 4304/12/2011

r11, two things.

the man in that pic is hot...great bod

the boy is carrying a purse...he's going to be one of us?

by Anonymousreply 4404/12/2011

Keith Urban took on US citizenship and currently lives in Nashville, TN. However it is in question whether or not it was by his choice R42.

by Anonymousreply 4504/12/2011

I doubt any backup singer sang Shania's lead vocals, r17. A collection of demos she recorded with Paul Sabu (another dude with his roots in hair metal) before she hooked up with Mutt, and before she went country, has been floating around for years and years. Same voice, same everything. I wish she had gone in that direction, which was more of a female Bryan Adams than anything else (and Mutt was instrumental in Bryan's success, too).

by Anonymousreply 4604/12/2011

She wasn't just popular--she was a phenomenon. According to Wiki, Twain has sold over 76 million albums worldwide, including 49 million in the U.S. She released only 4 albums. %0D %0D I'm surprised that the music industry would let a money-making machine like her "retire." Can't they hire Britney's people (Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Will.I.Am, etc.) to write her some pop country tunes? She still has her looks which is what really matters.

by Anonymousreply 4704/12/2011

Was "That Don't Impress Me Much" her coming out song?

by Anonymousreply 4904/12/2011

You can't be a lez and be in country. Some redneck fan (or redneck country singer, taking to you John Rich) would shoot her. Look at what they did to k d Lang, she is barely even allowed in the USA, never mind banned from Country Radio and Awards shows.

by Anonymousreply 5204/12/2011

Taylor Swift isn't even country. She's pop, but pop music has become so urbanized/dance oriented that anything that doesn't fit in that sound gets classified as alternative/country/other.

by Anonymousreply 5304/12/2011

Look what happened to Chely Wright. She lost a lot of her fans behind her coming out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 5404/12/2011

You can't be an out lez. If you had to sit through as much Eilleen tape as I did you would know Shania is big lez. That picture I posted up thread is as feminine as I could find. The girl used to have a job as a motorcycle mechanic.

She withdrew from the spotlight by choice. I'm really, really surprised she even entertained the idea of doing an Oprah network show. The reason she hasn't recorded is she's had no desire to. She wanted out.

by Anonymousreply 5504/12/2011

I think he show on the OWN network premieres next month.

by Anonymousreply 5604/12/2011

I doubt she's a lesbian. My partner had some business dealings with her and her team and she's not exactly the most gay-friendly celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 5704/12/2011

[quote]she's not exactly the most gay-friendly celebrity.

That is usually a sure fire sign.

by Anonymousreply 5804/12/2011

"Look what happened to Chely Wright. She lost a lot of her fans behind her coming out of the closet."

Chely drove Brad Paisley to the dark side. After she dumped him and came out, Brad started writing homophobic songs like "I'm Still a Guy" and Tea Party Anthems like "This is Country Music".

How long can it be until Brad becomes a regular on Pat Robertson's 700 Club?

by Anonymousreply 5904/12/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 6004/15/2011

If Shania Twain has gone anti-gay, she will be welcomed with open arms back into Country Music. They LOVE that! (but officially not)

by Anonymousreply 6104/15/2011

Like one of the posters said on here. She's a Canadian. A lot of the American country music listeners are turning away froim Canadian country artists.

by Anonymousreply 6204/15/2011

Shania is getting old. She has to be in her mid 40's by now. Music likes em' young. Always has always will.

by Anonymousreply 6404/15/2011

R64 not quite, Reba McEntire is in her 50s and is pretty well in charge now. Most Country Stars peak in their 40s, some but not all of the women when younger.

Pop music is for the teenbeat stars. Country, Jazz or Classical not so much.

by Anonymousreply 6504/15/2011

r59 I don't think Brad Paisley really is all that much into the dark side. His wife is extremely left wing, he married this Hollywood actress. Truthfully I can't see them together as he does REEK of teaparty bs, but they're together still.

by Anonymousreply 6604/15/2011

Her popularity was fizzling fast anyway. Shania's last relase back in 05 was a Greatist Hits collection, where only one of the three singles even charted. It was some stupid duet where she and some hot guy swung on a swing in the music vid. The Usual stupid Twain stuff. It has some line about "looking sexy in your socks".

by Anonymousreply 6704/15/2011

Good point, r67.

by Anonymousreply 6804/16/2011

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 6904/17/2011

Gay friendly Reba is an exception not the rule R65. Shania is done.

by Anonymousreply 7004/17/2011

Does anyone think that's the reason why Shania did a reality show for the OWN network?

by Anonymousreply 7104/19/2011

I noticed the change in her voice when she was promoting her Greatest Hits about 4 or 5 years ago. I was shocked at how nasally she sounded. I thought maybe she had a cold at the time, but she still sounds like that!

by Anonymousreply 7305/04/2011

Did she talk about her husband leaving her for her best friend?

by Anonymousreply 7405/04/2011

R74 - that was what the whole show was about.

I really feel for her actually - that must have been unbelievably painful to confide into your best friend the . problems of your marriage until the DAY THAT you knew.

I also feel bad about losing her parents so young and all the violence she saw.

She really has a sad story - and she looks sad. Always had really

by Anonymousreply 7505/04/2011

She looked fine to me, r72.

by Anonymousreply 7605/04/2011

Next?

by Anonymousreply 7705/04/2011

She has lost her voice. Combination of stage fright and stress has resulted in the muscles around her vocal box tightening up and modifying her voice. Technically there is nothing actually wrong with her vocal chords themselves. I guess it is essentially a physical manifestation of anxiety. I wonder if you could inject a small amount of botox to the muscles. I know botulinum toxin was originally used to treat stuff like cross-eyes and excessive blinking.

by Anonymousreply 7805/04/2011

Off-topic--Chely Wright was with Brad Paisley? No wonder he keeps popping out brats--trying to make sure everyone knows he's 100% non-queer.

by Anonymousreply 8005/04/2011

I'm very sad that Shania lost her voice. She had a wonderful voice.

by Anonymousreply 8105/04/2011

I liked some of Shania's songs, too. But I have shit taste in music.%0D %0D Wonder if her book and tv show will do well?%0D %0D I would also think that some type of meds would help with her depression and being anxious?

by Anonymousreply 8205/05/2011

Shania's new husband is a prime example of Big Dick Face.

by Anonymousreply 8306/06/2011

Shania actually fell on her butt making her entrance on the stage at last night's CMT Awards.

It is almost impossible to find video, because Shania's people have ordered YouTube to pull any and all videos of her fall off YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 8506/09/2011

So what does the best friend who she swapped husbands look like?

by Anonymousreply 8606/09/2011

I never cared much for her voice, but I adore some of her songs. "Still the One" runs chills down my back--I hope find someone I feel that way about someday.

by Anonymousreply 8706/09/2011

[quote]Look at what they did to k d Lang, she is barely even allowed in the USA, never mind banned from Country Radio and Awards shows.

Thank fucking god.

by Anonymousreply 8903/10/2012

Shania sings really well a capella, I like her voice. I think she said that the grief over the divorce ordeal has interfered with her desire to sing. She didn't seem to have moved on yet from the ex husband / best friend betrayl thing yet, if you watch the Oprah interview. She seemed unaware of how self absorbed an "in it" she still was during that interview and I think she should not have done any filmed interviews at that point.

by Anonymousreply 9003/10/2012

[quote]But there's a reason someone as famous as she is just out of the blue quits and moves to Switzerland and pretty much puts herself in exile.

She lived in Switzerland when she was married to her husband. She was hardly in exile.

Fingering your fat twat to straight women makes you straight, r63.

by Anonymousreply 9203/10/2012

And what business is it of yours, OP? Overinvested much?

Twain has made a shitload of money and never has to work again in her life.

by Anonymousreply 9303/10/2012

Isn't Shania taking over Celine's show in Vegas? I thought that was the end result of her OWN show.

I've always liked her. She showed up a lot of the country divas whose voices could peal paint by writing her own songs alongside Mutt Lange. It was a great sound for country. A lot of great acts from back then- The Mavericks, Mary Chapin Carpenter, LeRoy Parnell you just don't hear anymore. They're all now boring fundies. Taylor Swift will end up getting a lot of Shania type backlash before too long.

by Anonymousreply 9403/10/2012

So true, 94.

by Anonymousreply 9503/10/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 9603/11/2012

Twain's voice is average at best. However her husband, manager or whomever, was a genius at packaging her. Her songs were catchy and were quite different from what women in country music were singing at the time.

by Anonymousreply 9703/11/2012

Not a lesbian. The anxiety/voice change/lack of creative partner/past her prime posts are correct.

She really is insanely wealthy. But she didn't become a star by shunning the limelight. Her need for attention will bring her back into the open, even if she can't sing anymore. Reality TV makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 9803/11/2012

She was supposed to do her own Las Vegas show at the end of the Oprah show. Did she do it?

by Anonymousreply 9903/11/2012

I think she starts in August or December. I don't think she's replacing Celine, they rotate performers, Elton, Rod, Celine, Shania.

by Anonymousreply 10003/11/2012

She'll have a Vegas show starting in December of this year. It would be smart of her to release a new album before then. I watched an episode of her show on OWN where she sang a new song she wrote. It was catchy. She just needs a new producer who can bring her songs to life in the studio.

I think her voice is average. She's one of those singers who have a pleasing tone but no power.

by Anonymousreply 10103/11/2012

I think she's hot. Would definitely hit that.

by Anonymousreply 10203/11/2012

[quote] A lot of great acts from back then- The Mavericks, Mary Chapin Carpenter, LeRoy Parnell you just don't hear anymore. They're all now boring fundies.

Mary Chapin Carpenter is HARDLY a fundie!

by Anonymousreply 10303/11/2012

Ms. Twain needs to record another video duet with Billy Currington.

She can wear whatever she wants but Billy needs to be shirtless.

Yowza!

by Anonymousreply 10403/11/2012

Shania is your classic rags to riches story. Very rough background. Lots of heartbreak, including her husband leaving her for her best friend. Parents dying young.

However, she married the best friend's husband and is actually pretty happy raising their kids together.

She's got plenty of money and stability for the first time in her life. She's just not the ambition machine she once was.

I hear she'll be happy to play Vegas and all that, but she's not weeping over no longer being a superstar.

She looks great for someone nearing 50, too.

by Anonymousreply 10503/11/2012

It's hard to believe it's been an entire decade since she released a studio album. But, you know what? Good for her for not being a famewhore like so many of these other people who throw out mediocre album after mediocre album simply to stay in the spotlight. I guess she figures she'll put out a new album whenever she's ready.

by Anonymousreply 10603/11/2012

I've heard her duet with Lionel Richie, on Lionel's current album, I guess. It's a country inflected "Endless Love," and it's fairly good. She sounds pretty much as she always has.

by Anonymousreply 10703/11/2012

[quote]Didn's Shania step up to care for her younger siblings after their parents were killed? I think this was before she was famous. I am sure I heard that somewhere.

She didn't actually. Just more PR lies about her background. She screwed over a lot of people on her way up.

by Anonymousreply 10803/13/2012

There are scores of girls singing on cruise ships and Vegas lounges who are at least as good as her. As a matter of fact she actually was a cruise ship singer before Mutt got ahold of her, fixed her teeth and manufactured a career for her. I find her incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 10903/14/2012

Who did she screw over?

by Anonymousreply 11003/14/2012

As R17 said, she's a perpetual candidate as MV - the singer who doesn't sing, over on CDAN, but my money's still on J-Lo. It's hard for me to believe that she put in all those years on cruise ships and resorts without being able to sing at least a little bit. But correct me, if someone knows better.

I know she was criticized for presenting herself as native American, but I had never heard that she didn't care for her siblings after her adopted parents had been killed, R108. Has that been revealed?

by Anonymousreply 11103/14/2012

Why do some of you put down a successful woman? And were any of you in the recording studio at the time? If you weren't, then you have no right to comment! You don't have to like Shania or country artists for that matter, but some of those personal attacks are unnecessary! I think she is brilliant and wish to God that she would return, hope she will one day.

by Anonymousreply 11203/21/2012

For what it's worth she was raised in the Ojibway Indian culture by her stepfather, a full blooded Ojibway native.

Jerry Twain adopted the girls, making them official members of his native band, the Temagami Anishnawbe Bear Island First Nation.

So legally she is Ojibway Indian, and the native band recognizes her as part of the tribe.

She has also said her biological father was part Cree.

by Anonymousreply 11303/21/2012

After her step-father adopted her, Shania (born Eileen Regina Edwards) was legally entitled to be registered as a "status Indian". Shania currently holds a status card and is on the official band membership list of the Temagami First Nation.

In 1991, the singer was offered a recording contract in Nashville and applied for immigration status into the United States. At that time, by virtue of her step-father Jerry Twain being a full-blooded Ojibway and the rights guaranteed to Native Americans in the Jay Treaty (1794), Shania became legally registered as having 50 per cent Native American blood.

by Anonymousreply 11403/21/2012

Who cares if she ever releases another album as nobody with an ounce of musical taste would buy it and it would be so rubbish that illegal downloading would be ignored as anybody who did download it must be a retard who needed pity not prosecution. Her previous success was down to Mutt Lange and Mutt Lange alone, it certainly wasn't down to her talent as she has none. Early pictures show her looking like an inbreed so there was obviously a fortune spent on plastic surgery to make her look presentable although she always looks like she gets dressed in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 11507/24/2012

always thought she was a bore

by Anonymousreply 11607/24/2012

[quote]Shania Twain - will she ever record again?

It was bad enough the first time.

by Anonymousreply 11707/24/2012

She's nearing 50? Omg! Say what you want but how many of you are the main bread winner of the family when you're a child?

by Anonymousreply 11807/24/2012

Does she still have that cute little figure with those awesome abs?

by Anonymousreply 11907/24/2012

When one is born white trash they remain white trash

by Anonymousreply 12007/24/2012

I'm not a big fan, but I really liked the song she wrote for her recent OWN show. She has a nice tone.

by Anonymousreply 12107/25/2012

She's a load of SHITE

by Anonymousreply 12208/27/2012

Next?

by Anonymousreply 12308/27/2012

Why do you say that R116?

by Anonymousreply 12408/11/2013

If David Foster is in charge of her new album, it's going to be a HUGE flop. What hit has he produced for a star like Shania in the past years? Shania would have better luck going with a more current producer who has a track record. A lot is riding on this album.

by Anonymousreply 12508/11/2013

That one-shot single she released from that reality series was an embarrassment. Yes, it was catchy, like a kindergarten ditty, but the lyrics are so amateurish. Nothing proved Mutt Lange's worth to her career more than that single with David Foster.

by Anonymousreply 12608/11/2013

Good point R126

by Anonymousreply 12708/11/2013

I remember reading somewhere on here that she's homophobic. Is that true? I was surprised because she doesn't seem like she would be, but I've been wrong before.

In any case, I can't see her new album being a hit. She hasn't released a studio album in 11 years and all of her hits were when Mutt produced for her.

by Anonymousreply 12808/11/2013

[quote] David Foster is in charge of her new album, it's going to be a HUGE flop.

Tell that to Celine Dion.

by Anonymousreply 12908/11/2013

R129 - did he executive produce Celine's albums?

by Anonymousreply 13008/11/2013

Yes he did

He produced Celine album Falling into You, The Bodyguard soundtrack and Whitney's I will always love you.

by Anonymousreply 13108/11/2013

R131 - that was my point. He hasn't had a hit song/album in years and years and years. Those albums you listed are between 15 and 20 years old.

by Anonymousreply 13208/11/2013

[quote] He hasn't had a hit song/album in years and years and years.

In 2008 and 2011 he won Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Michael Buble.

by Anonymousreply 13308/11/2013

But Shania ISN'T traditional pop. She's hardcore pop with a country twang. So David is talented, yes, but this is not his forte. Shania needs to reunite with Mutt.

by Anonymousreply 13408/11/2013

she didn't sing so much as she barked and welped like a cocker spaniel, just a little less hairy. and btw, she looked like a soccer mom in that pic from 2011. what singer wears flats to an awards show (and then trips in them?). NEXT

by Anonymousreply 13508/11/2013

^ LOL! Thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 13608/12/2013

Even her home town doesn't want her...

by Anonymousreply 13708/12/2013

She was gotgeous ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 13808/12/2013

R137 Shania Twain Centre turned into open pit mine. LOL You can write a country song about that.

R138 She still is.

Shania's reality show a couple years ago showed that she is damaged from Mutt Lange's affair with her best friend. The entire series she couldn't stop talking about it and her husband was right there. I can understand why she can't get over it because most of her songs were created by Mutt Lange so they could trigger memories. She didn't sing for years no doubt to avoid bringing up those memories. She said it was due to something wrong with her vocal chords but she had them checked on the show and they literally were perfect.

Her 2002 album faced an uphill climb. She took years to make it and rap was dominating mainstream music. She then vanished from public for years. People moved on. If you walk away from something that brings you great success then come back years later the public won't follow you.

by Anonymousreply 13908/12/2013

That's sad R137.

by Anonymousreply 14008/12/2013

Get some therapy!

by Anonymousreply 14108/12/2013

R140 Not really surprising though. Besides the fact it's silly to have a museum for someone who's not even 50, she hasn't released a studio album in over a decade and hasn't really done anything in the public eye in years. No wonder it flopped.

by Anonymousreply 14208/12/2013

At this point the media isn't checking for Shania Twain. She's ancient history.

by Anonymousreply 14308/12/2013

Shania has accomplished everything she wants to.

She still hold the record for the best-selling studio album of all time by a female act in any genre and the best-selling country album of all time.

And she is only one of six women to win Country Music's highest award and honor. Entertainer of the Year.

The only other women who have won that award are Country music royalty. Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Barbara Mandrell, Reba McEntire and her.

Taylor Swift has also won that award as well, rounding out the six.

by Anonymousreply 14408/12/2013

I agree R144.

by Anonymousreply 14508/12/2013

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 14608/15/2013

How does the country music industry treat Canadian country artists and musicians?

by Anonymousreply 14708/18/2013

I think she should consider working with however is producing Maroon 5's new material...it has a commercial sheen but sometimes has some "organic" elements. I'm sure they can put a slide guitar in there so it's "country."

by Anonymousreply 14808/31/2013

She is a songwriter in her own right, she had an album out before she met Lange...but after the horrible divorce, where Lange had an affair with her best friend, she had a lot of trouble even thinking about performing all those songs she wrote and produced with him. He's a veeery successful music producer/songwriter (AC/DC, Def Leppard, a million others) and he definitely took her up a notch but she basically had a huge issue singing and performing those songs. She ended up with her best friend's husband, who is actually really hot, and she release a new album but touring she would have to sing all the old stuff and she's said that's still really difficult for her to do.

I'm guessing she'll set up in Vegas like Celine at some point and just rake in the money. Also, every time she performs Lange makes money so maybe that pisses her off. I think the critical mistake she made was taking so long to release anything after that monster album...she moved to Switzerland with Lange and raised the kid, etc., and sort of dropped out sight.

Nashville does hate her, because she did everything outside of it with Lange, and did not kiss anybody's ring like country artists are expected to.

by Anonymousreply 14908/31/2013

R149, Shania has been in Vegas for quite awhile. Not sure how well her show is doing...

by Anonymousreply 15008/31/2013

oh! thanks R150...I figured that's where she'd go but I didn't realize she was already set up there.

by Anonymousreply 15108/31/2013

Who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 15210/27/2013

Is she still the record holder for country album sales? I though Taylor Swift already broke her record?

by Anonymousreply 15305/15/2014

She's lazy when it comes to recording new material - she hasn't released a new studio album in 12 years (and counting).

Her record will be broken eventually if she keeps being lazy.

by Anonymousreply 15405/15/2014

She rotates residency with Celine and Rod Stewart in Caesars Palace.

by Anonymousreply 15505/15/2014

Celine and Shania are the two top Divas in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 15605/15/2014

R154 I doubt her album record will be broken. As far as physical media like CDs it won't be broken. People don't buy albums like they used to. Come on Over has sold over 15 million copies in the US while Adele's 21 has sold over 10 million.

by Anonymousreply 15705/15/2014

Hasn't Taylor Swift's discography already broken the record of her Come On Over??

by Anonymousreply 15805/16/2014

Well people..what would you do? if all your hard work is only going to make him money? from what I read about that mutt..he has most of the rights to the songs that she may have wrote.yes he may have ...as he says tweak them but she wrote them she aloud herself to trust!! Him at a very young age.and what better way to cause some drama for the all mighty mutt... hit his pocket book so good on you shania you never needed him you were going to be great without him! So any new songs you make will just pis him off.šŸ˜Š

by Anonymousreply 15902/25/2015

Shania has a live cd/dvd/blu-ray entitled "Still the One: Live from Vegas" coming out next week in Canada and the UK. It's listed as an import on Amazon US so I guess it's not getting an American release?

by Anonymousreply 16002/25/2015
Need more help? Click Here.