Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scorpio Question

I am a Cancer who has now twice been involved with a Scorpio, or Scorpio rising man and it all goes terribly dark. Why is this? I've always heard that Scorpios are wonderful with Cancers and in both of these relationships it seemed like that for the majority of the time, but they both eventually degenerated into verbal and psychological abuse as well as threats of physical violence. The weird thing is neither guy knew why he was mad at me, he just was. I was told by both of them that I was "perfect","too perfect" one of them told me angrily. The guy with the Scorpio rising, wants to stay friends and possibly get back together. Even though he said he wanted to choke me the other day. What is it about Scorpios? Is there a way they can be dealt with? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 5807/02/2013

Nobody likes you. Find a Sag who doesn't believe in astrology. You're both blabbermouths so it should be a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 204/07/2011

The thing those two actually had in common, OP, was the bad judgment of dating an idiot like you who believes that horoscopes have anything to do with reality.

by Anonymousreply 304/07/2011

We found your twue luv @ R3, OP!

by Anonymousreply 404/07/2011

Ignore the assholes above.%0D %0D Scorpios are said to either fly high or crawl low. Meaning, they are either the best human beings or the absolute worst. %0D

by Anonymousreply 504/07/2011

I've always found the to be somewhere in between, Hag.

by Anonymousreply 604/07/2011

True R5, that's why the Scorpio sign is a scorpion below a phoenix. At their base, unevolved level they viciously sting with their major spiritual lesson being how to transmute anger and rise from the ashes of rage.

by Anonymousreply 704/07/2011

Scorpios are always too hard to deal with. Not for the fainthearted.

by Anonymousreply 804/07/2011

OP, Cancer Men are very sensitive, guarded people who keep much about themselves private in order to protect themselves.

Scorpios are guarded too but they like to be the only ones keeping the secrets. They don't like it if they can't know something they want to know about someone and will use all kinds of mean methods to tease it out.

Scorpios must have control. They can be helpful and very loyal to those who agree to let them control their lives. Cancers on the other hand, don't really want to control others but they will not be controlled. The Cancer Man's temper, when unleashed is mighty and a match for any Scorpio. But Scorpios play dirty pool much more than Cancers.

It's very hard for Scorpio men to partner up and still behave. A Cancer man would hard from them to refuse because there are enough harmonious elements there to tempt them to actually settle down. But then the Scorpio is going to end up angry at the Cancer's subtle, stubborn refusal to let him control the whole relationship. Scorpios often do better with Pisces who know how to manipulate things so that the Scorpio thinks they are boss.

Now astro talk aside, you also seem to be having a patch of attracting and being attracted to abusive partners. Been there myself. Good for you for resisting. Never put up with it. And keep yourself for other types.

by Anonymousreply 904/07/2011

I'm a Taurus sun, Taurus moon, and Pisces rising. I think Cancers are my only match really. Are my signs good boyfriend material? Just curious. I like this kind stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1004/07/2011

R10, you are dreamy boyfriend material for someone who loves domesticity. And that would be Cancer for sure. I think Taurus and Cancer are a great match, but you can bet your life that you the Taurus will have to make the first move and move the relationship along.

You would also be a great match for a Pisces. But Cancer might be better in that both Taurus and Cancer are good with money. Pisces, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 1204/07/2011

How can you get them out of their moods?

by Anonymousreply 1304/07/2011

Scorpios are the hottest sign on the chart but they make terrible boyfriends for people who like independence. Scorpios are very controlling and tend to resort to abusive methods if their dictatorship is threatened.

They are good for a hot one night stand or a steamy affair but don't put a ring on them.

I'm a Pisces and the charts say I get along best with Cancers and Scorpios. My two best friends just happen to be a Cancer and a Scorpio and honestly, I prefer the Cancer more. He is much more well rounded and kind hearted.

by Anonymousreply 1504/07/2011

Some fantastic trolling in this thread.

I hope.

by Anonymousreply 1604/07/2011

I can't decide who I think has the better argument.

by Anonymousreply 1704/07/2011

Abusers have been abused themselves, it doesn't matter what sign they are. You appear, OP, to have a pattern of choosing lovers who abuse you. How does this pattern duplicate some situation earlier in life for which you never got resolution ?

Paging Merlin...where'd you go?

Personally, I'm a Sag and have the hots for a Capricorn. OMG - tall, strong, burly, dark, sexy as hell, but I've heard they are control freaks and more than a bit cold. Say it isn't so Mr. Wizard. How do I seduce him? Who has to make the first move?

by Anonymousreply 1804/08/2011

I'm a Scorpio. I too would like to know how to get me out of my "moods." I recognize when it's happening, even, but cannot control it nonetheless. Just too emotional for my own good sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 1904/08/2011

I feel like such a wimp for saying this, well I am a Cancer, but I let my Scorps boss me around and when they got mean I just shut up, or even cried sometimes. Neither one of them wanted to completely let me go although I pissed them off. My two best friends are Scorpios btw. Sometimes we have disagreements, but overall they are very strong friendships.

by Anonymousreply 2004/08/2011

I'll bet you are adorable, R10. Do you have a little bit of gemini in there, too, maybe your mercury, venus or mars??? Irresistible.

by Anonymousreply 2104/08/2011

It's the emotional depth, R20. All the water signs are deep, which is part of the connection. They all can handle deep emotions in others, even abusive ones in some cases, although that is not healthy or recommended.

R19, have you looked into cognitive behavioral therapy? Scorpios can have a lot of control and through CBT, you can learn methods you can master to help you deal with those dark feelings.

by Anonymousreply 2204/08/2011

I'm an Aquarius sun with Cancer rising and my moon in Pisces. I'm a balloon tethered to a dinghy floating in the middle of the sea!

by Anonymousreply 2304/08/2011

R18, Caps aren't necessarily control freaks, but they are quite independent and appreciate self reliance and accomplishment in others. I'd say you can make the first move, but make it really interesting for him. Go someplace new and interesting, but classy or not too unconventional. Upscale, but not pretentious. Find out what he likes and make it something special that he'll appreciate.

Caps and Sags can have things in common because they may have other planets in the alternate sign, i.e., you may have Mercury or Venus in Capricorn. Both signs are very powerful and I think the combination is one of the strongest among the signs, because fire is the imagination or creativity and earth is the accomplishment. Be respectful and take your time with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 2404/08/2011

by Anonymousreply 2504/08/2011

Thank you R21. I blushed. I am not sure about those signs. I will look into it though. There is something to this because there is a guy who is a Cancer and I adore him. He is like the only guy on the planet to me. That's how I feel. There is something to this. I really believe it. What are your signs, R21?

by Anonymousreply 2604/08/2011

R12, I'm a Taurus with Scorpio rising, pining away for a Cancer with Virgo rising. What do you mean about the Taurus having to make the first move and essentially drive the relationship. I want my cancer to come along willingly. I'm not controlling in relationships and want a partner as strong as I am.

Have I made a mistake in waiting for him to make the first move?

by Anonymousreply 2704/08/2011

R10, I'm a Pisces sun, Taurus moon and Capricorn rising.

by Anonymousreply 2804/08/2011

OP, you're a gullible idiot. Astrology is pure bunk. Get over it. It's meaningless.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2904/08/2011

There are also Capricorns who like to be the 'Daddy' and who are attracted to dependent types if not outright dysfunctional messes whom they can enable/rescue.

by Anonymousreply 3004/08/2011

My first boyfriend was a scorpio, the angry moods and the love of control tore us apart, i never believed in horoscopes, but this is cant all be a coincidence.

I am an aquarius and my boyfriend is a Taurus. Things are going great one year down the line, what do the stars say about our prospects together horoscope experts?

by Anonymousreply 3104/08/2011

The gays cling to horoscopes like religion.

by Anonymousreply 3204/08/2011

[quote]The Cancer Man's temper, when unleashed is mighty and a match for any Scorpio

Interesting. I never knew Cancers had bad tempers like Scorpio and Sagittarius.

by Anonymousreply 3304/08/2011

[quote]Interesting. I never knew Cancers had bad tempers like Scorpio and Sagittarius.%0D %0D They're more irritable (crabby) than hot tempered, but Cancers hold grudges just as long if not longer than Scorpios. They never EVER forget a slight. Cancers can cite chapter and verse on a lifetime of accumulated hurts and can name names of everyone who made fun of them from kindergarten onwards.%0D %0D Unlike Scorpios, typical Cancerians will needle, nag, and guilt-trip you to death if you've hurt their feelings or pissed them off; Scorpios will just cut the brake lines on your car.

by Anonymousreply 3404/08/2011

LOL R34!

Cancers are the Masters of Passive Aggression. They are even better the Pisces, but only because they have longer attention spans.

R27 Cancers are very self protective and Virgos are as well. So yes, I think you'll need to make the first move.

by Anonymousreply 3504/08/2011

[quote]Cancers hold grudges just as long if not longer than Scorpios. They never EVER forget a slight. Cancers can cite chapter and verse on a lifetime of accumulated hurts and can name names of everyone who made fun of them from kindergarten onwards.%0D %0D Someone close to me is a Cancer and this is absolutely true. They will bring up people and incidents that happened decades ago and still be filled with rage and the desire to get back at the person(s) who did them wrong - they act like it JUST happened.

by Anonymousreply 3604/08/2011

R21, I think we are extremely compatible. We are practically the same. ;) I am not stubborn though like they say about Tauruses.

by Anonymousreply 3704/08/2011

I would love to know the median age of the posters on this thread. They all sound like 12-year olds.

by Anonymousreply 3804/08/2011

This thread is so full of bullshit that people are just pulling out of their asses... dear god people, get an education!%0D

by Anonymousreply 3904/08/2011

by Anonymousreply 4004/09/2011

The anti-astrology troll is tiresome. If you don't like the fucking subject, SKIP THE THREAD.

Moving along...

Don't get in a relationship with a Scorpio unless you are willing to be dominated. Some guys (Pisces) get off on domination and that is why the Scorpio/Pisces match is supposedly one of the strongest.

I am a Pisces who dated a Scorpio for 5 looooooong years. Recently cut it off with him last December, right before Christmas. He was a terrible, mean spirited person who was insanely jealous and insecure. I thought my soft Piscean ways would rub off on him but they didn't. He berated and belittled me far too often and I finally had enough. I assessed my life, saw that I was not happy and was wasting my 20s on bullshit, and that was that.

Of course, being the obsessive little Scorpio that he is, he didn't accept that we weren't together anymore. He called me and harassed me and I broke down and talked to him but it was a big mistake because he brought out his Scorpion stinger once again and we had another major fight. Now I'm just totally iced him out of my life completely.

I am afraid of the Scorpios famous proclivity for retribution and revenge and I KNOW he feels slighted and wants nothing more than to fuck my life up in some way. It's made me quite paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 4104/09/2011

Are only Scorpio men meanies or women too?

by Anonymousreply 4204/09/2011

I simply cannot believe that an adult can believe this sign shit.

by Anonymousreply 4304/09/2011

Gay men acting like 14-year-old schoolgirls

Example #845

by Anonymousreply 4404/09/2011

How do you spell revenge?%0D %0D S C O R P I O!%0D %0D Scorpio men, in particular, are beasts.

by Anonymousreply 4504/09/2011

[quote]The anti-astrology troll is tiresome. If you don't like the fucking subject, SKIP THE THREAD.%0D %0D Thank you R41.%0D

by Anonymousreply 4604/09/2011

I'm a Scorpio and there is not a word of truth in any of this shit being posted here about Scorpios.%0D %0D So cut it out before I kick all your asses.

by Anonymousreply 4704/09/2011

I'm a scorpio with a gemini rising, and my partner is a gemini with scorpio rising. Does this make us total complete opposites?? We've been together for four years, married for two of those years. When things are great they're fantastic--which, luckily is most of the time (though we did have a rough patch for a bit), but when we argue--watch out!!!! We can both get very evil.

by Anonymousreply 4804/09/2011

R41, you have more serious problems than what sign your bf is.

by Anonymousreply 4904/09/2011

Just starting dating a scorpio. It is the best sex ever- so intense and melting into one other. Like magic I have never have experienced.

But I am getting worried because of the warnings about Scorpios..

by Anonymousreply 5007/02/2013

I'm a Cancer as well and my relationship with my Scorpio ex was an exercise in constant trauma. Don't understand the supposed Cancer/Scorpio link - even non-sexual Scorpios I find a turnoff. Do much better with almost any other sign.

by Anonymousreply 5107/02/2013

Scorpion men are much worse than scorpion females because it's a female sign so females feel more at home in the sign, whereas most males split off from their intense feelings at a young age to gain control, feel more "manly", therefore, lose contact with who they really are.

It's a bad combination, males and Scorpio, because the feelings are soooo intense that to cut them off is impossible, so, paradoxically, by cutting them off, they lose control, the very thing they're trying to gain.

Does that make sense?

by Anonymousreply 5207/02/2013

I'm a Cancer sun, Scorpio moon, and Pisces rising.

No wonder I always feel so emotionally unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 5307/02/2013

Aries here, w/Leo in all my major houses. I've been w/a Scorpio for 13 yrs. He is very intense &loves control. I like letting him run the show& our business. We adore each other. I have to say that I've never felt loved as completely. Also I'll do anything to avoid an argument,because I think he fights dirty. He's also the kindest,most generous person I've ever known. I blew him & and another guy on a foggy night in Provincetown we've been together since ( don't know what happened to the 3rd guy. HA!?).

by Anonymousreply 5407/02/2013

Sounds hot, r 54!

by Anonymousreply 5507/02/2013

Astrology is bigger bullshit than organized religion.

But, if you must, whatever gives you answers.

by Anonymousreply 5607/02/2013

I'm a Cancer with moon in Taurus, Mars in Scorpio and Scorpio rising. I just came back from vacation with my Scorpionic fiend (sorry left the "r" out of friend) also with a taurus Moon, who is an unmedicated bipolar type. It was absolutely PERFECT traveling with him until he flipped out and got angry. And when he got angry, he confronted me in a nasty way that I was just not having. When he realized he couldn't control the situation with his anger, he blamed it all on me. I still wasn't having it and caught a flight home. The thing is, when it was GOOD, it was REALLY good. There was an unspoken intimacy among friends and he is a very generous and loyal friend. He was paying for everything on this trip I could never go on by myself, but he misjudged me if he thought his anger would intimidate me into silence. We still haven't made up. Known him 10 years. The Cancer is sulking, and the Scorpio is still pissed off he didn't get his way.

by Anonymousreply 5707/02/2013

R50 here: Right in the middle of fucking, he stopped, looked me in the eye, and intensely said, while I am fucking you, you better not be fucking anyone else.

It was oddly hot and intense and dominating, yet creepy and terse?

Especially, as everything else about sex w/him felt like warm butter melting over my body.

by Anonymousreply 5807/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!