Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Was the restaurant right to refuse?

Party of 6 near me in restaurant.

One of the party announces to the waiter that she is on Jenny Craig and has brought her own food. She told the waiter to microwave it and serve it along with the other meals.

He took the packet into the kitchen and returned saying that it was against health department rules to serve anything not prepared on premise in accordance with local standards and that the chef would not touch her meal.

She demanded to see the chef and got very hot and angry stating that she had been doing this for a long time and she had never been refused.

He told her that the restaurant could not be libel and that he would happily prepare something for her that met her caloric standard but to put her packaged meal away.

She huffed that she would have to eat it cold. He told her that if she did she would be forcibly removed from the restaurant as they did not allow diners to bring their own food.

She was furious and tried to get her friends not to tip the 'rude waiter' etc. She loudly complained the entire meal.

Do you think the restaurant behaved appropriately?

by Anonymousreply 13202/01/2013

If this story is true, yes.

by Anonymousreply 104/06/2011

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 204/06/2011

"the restaurant could not be libel"

LIABLE.

by Anonymousreply 304/06/2011

Absolutely. It is against health code to do this. If true, I hope her dining companions were embarrased and tipped extra.

by Anonymousreply 404/06/2011

[quote]Do you think the restaurant behaved appropriately?

Yes, indeed. The restaurant is a privately-run business. They are under no obligation to serve anyone.

by Anonymousreply 504/06/2011

[quote]He told her that the restaurant could not be libel

I'm not trying to be a bitch, but it took me a minute to work out that you meant liable.

by Anonymousreply 604/06/2011

Actually, I bet the manager (or cook) said that the restaurant "could be liable" if it cooked the food and anything went wrong. "Not" makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 704/06/2011

Yes the restaurant was right. You can't bring in your own food. There really are health codes that forbid it.

by Anonymousreply 804/06/2011

2/10

by Anonymousreply 904/06/2011

Yes. I don't see that they did anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1004/06/2011

They should have left, they are just pissed they cant charge for the extra meal. Fuck them and go some place else

by Anonymousreply 1204/06/2011

Yup

by Anonymousreply 1304/06/2011

OP, go to a dictionary and look-up "premise."%0D

by Anonymousreply 1404/06/2011

I would never ask a restaurant to reheat food I brought in. I always eat it cold from my Tupperware.

by Anonymousreply 1504/06/2011

Where was this OP? At least give a city.

by Anonymousreply 1604/06/2011

R16 San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 1704/06/2011

this *guest* was a boorish hag. any decent restaurant will prepare a meal fitting with any dietary need. me thinks this fat-frau-hag was just trying to pull a fast one and didn't want to pay for a meal. the other guests should have asked her to leave.

by Anonymousreply 1804/06/2011

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 1904/06/2011

When I worked as a waiter in college I delt with this fucking bullshit all the time. Cheap asshole customers trying to save a few dollars would bring in their own store bought birthday cakes instead of ordering from the dessert menu and expect the restaurant to provide birthday candles, a knife to cut the cake and clean plates to serve it on.

by Anonymousreply 2004/06/2011

Well, these days, if you bring a cake for a celebration, the restaurant will happily cut & serve it...for a service charge.

by Anonymousreply 2104/06/2011

WHAT A CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 2204/06/2011

I have seen this happen more than once (people bringing Jenny Craig or Nurtisystem meals into a restaurant) but have never heard anyone ask that it be heated for them. %0D %0D The restaurant was right to say no, but should have stopped at threatening to remove her from the premises. Let her eat it cold, or sit there and whine about it, or move her ass to another restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 2304/06/2011

Should have nuked the food to a hard brick and served it back to her.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2404/06/2011

The restauranteur makes money from selling food. His food.

He expects to mark up the food he buys wholesale, add the labor value from his workers to increase its value, and then sell it to the diner at a profit.

If you bring your own food, you cut that part of his profit out without permission. It's pretty close to theft. It isn't because you ask permission, but still.

R20 cuts right to the chase. Among other things, it's rude. Most people who work in a restaurant, most people who work at anything, want to do good work, and if they serve people they want to make the occasion pleasant and do it with skill.

A diner who brings his own stuff is announcing that he doesn't expect the place to be up to his standards, or he is just cheap.

If he has dietary restrictions, call ahead and tell the management what they are. If they can't be met, he is going to have to eat before or after.

But really, outside of religious scruples, how often is it impossible to get something that will meet a diet in most restaurants, especially if the restaurant is expecting it?

Here's the other thing. Probably the most important thing.

If you prepare food and sell it to the pubic, you have to get it from an approved vendor with a commercial food license and the food has to have that license number of that vendor accompanying it.

That way if someone gets sick, the health department can start tracking down bad food right away. You ever see on an ice cream carton or some food container, "Not for resale?" or "Not for commercial use?"

There you go. That's to maintain the chain of evidence back to the source of the food. A family who gets sick at home will probably remember where they got the food. How can a restaurant tell the authorities where food came from if a member of the public hauls it in from outside?

Here's the only exception I can think of. Restaurants would probably warm up a bottle or some baby food. They might let new parents bring in baby food for the kid. But if your kid is that young, you should be feeding him at home, mostly.

by Anonymousreply 2504/06/2011

[quote]The restaurant was right to say no, but should have stopped at threatening to remove her from the premises.%0D %0D If she was being verbally abusive and disruptive they ought to have removed her for the benefit of everyone else. The other patrons don't to have their experience ruined by someone kicking up an indefensible fuss.

by Anonymousreply 2704/06/2011

Kreskin says:%0D %0D "600 posts by the weekend!"%0D %0D Kudos, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2904/06/2011

I hope the lady died later of food poisoning

by Anonymousreply 3004/06/2011

What diet would prohibit grilled chicken and a steamed vegetable? And any restaurant would have been able to provide that.

by Anonymousreply 3104/06/2011

It makes sense that she is fat.

by Anonymousreply 3304/06/2011

With all of the rude, entitled people, both men and women, I have met in recent years, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind this actually happened.

by Anonymousreply 3404/06/2011

I've seen it happen twice in the same restaurant, about three or four months apart.

by Anonymousreply 3504/06/2011

Did you get the idea for this after reading the "Chef serves Gluten to the Gluten Free" thread, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3604/06/2011

I believe this happened. I also believe r[32] is a shit head.

by Anonymousreply 3704/06/2011

[quote] "Stupid woman behaving poorly at restaurant" is a weekly thread on DL

Another stupid woman exaggerating wildly on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 3804/06/2011

I, on the other hand, am rather fond of r32.

by Anonymousreply 3904/06/2011

[quote] He told her that the restaurant could not be libel

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4004/06/2011

She should feed her fat ass at home. What a stupid Bitch. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 4104/06/2011

r32, you were a waitron at a PIZZA HUT? And you willingly ADMIT IT?

by Anonymousreply 4204/06/2011

Happened to me when I was a waiter. Nice place in Minneapolis. A regular went on a diet, respectfully asked if we could do it. I asked the owner, he said yes. We microwaved it. Plated it. Garnished it and made her feel as good as she could while the others in her party dropped a couple hundred bucks. I got a 20% tip. She left an extra ten under her plate. Everybody won.

Evidently that was against the law. How thrilling. Hope no one calls the cops.

That being said the restaurant appears to have done nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 4304/06/2011

Would it really kill a person to nibble on some simple lettuce salad, some breadsticks and drink a glass of water served by the eating establishment when they really can't miss going out with their friends and feel silly without any plate of food in front of them?

by Anonymousreply 4404/06/2011

I would think if the food was just being microwaved and not coming into contact with any of the restaurant's food that it wouldn't be breaking any laws. On the other hand, where do you draw the line? If someone is bringing in squirrel stew I wouldn't want it stinking up the restaurant.%0D %0D I think the restaurant was perfectly within their rights, though the threat of forcibly removing her for eating her own food was over the top. I imagine that was just anger at dealing with a rude customer.

by Anonymousreply 4504/06/2011

[quote] A regular went on a diet

Fair enough and a big difference, r43, when the guest is a regular. I'd guess she didn't make a big stink, and clearly she knows how to compensate for her weakness. Your guest was not some nasty tempered, entitled ass off the street.

If I needed to go on a diet I'd probably be accommodated by a few restaurants I frequent. I'd never expect that treatment from a restauranteur not familiar with me as a regular. Additionally, I'd probably stay home if I could not eat what is offered on the menu. I'm glad I'm not a fat person expecting to consume space in a restaurant without compensating the owner.

by Anonymousreply 4604/06/2011

The restaurant was correct. The fat cow deserved to be kicked out.

by Anonymousreply 4704/06/2011

In theory, yes, but it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 4804/06/2011

She should have been taken out to the alley behind the restaurant and had her clothes removed with a bullwhip.

by Anonymousreply 4904/06/2011

R23 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 5004/06/2011

Yes, the restaurant was right to refuse.%0D %0D On a semi-related topic, when I was in high school, I worked at a local Burger King. There was a KFC a block away that had no seating - it was drive-thru or pick-up only. One afternoon, a woman with her two children came into our restaurant seating area with a bucket of chicken from the KFC. She picked up napkins and straws from the counter and then she and her kids started eating their lunch.%0D %0D She was quite annoyed, and quite abusive, when the BK manager kicked her out.

by Anonymousreply 5104/06/2011

But what if it was...A MAN!?!

by Anonymousreply 5204/06/2011

[quote]The restauranteur

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5304/06/2011

Actually r53 , both restaurateur and restauranteur are correct. Oh, dear yourself.

by Anonymousreply 5404/06/2011

I own a restaurant. Yes, this sort of thing happens all the time. It's usually with beverages (damn you Starbucks), which I (sometimes) begrudgingly allow. But I will never allow it with food. Not even a snack, like a granola bar. Never. R25 nailed it perfectly. Of course a restaurant wants to be as accommodating as possible. But not when we lose money in the process. And the health dept. would instantly drop our letter grade if they walked in and saw outside food on one of our tables.

by Anonymousreply 5504/06/2011

My mother has done this. It was embarassing. But she didn't ask them to heat it. It was cold meals/sandwiches from NutriSystem or Jenny Craig. She didn't even ask for plates, she would just eat it out of its own container with a fork she had brought from home. She was in her mid to late 70's when she did this so the restaurants were always nice and would bring her a plate and silverware while the rest of the family would groan and apologize. And then my mom would tell us when you are old you can get away with all sorts of things.%0D %0D So, trust me...people do this.

by Anonymousreply 5604/06/2011

Why the hell do so many people use the phrase "verbally abusive" these days? It sounds stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5704/06/2011

Mandingo!

by Anonymousreply 5804/06/2011

R32 has a point.

by Anonymousreply 5904/06/2011

I worked in two restaurants over a span of 14 years. They were nice places. I never had someone bring food. Cakes and wine, yes. But like a previous poster said, we charged to cut it and plate it, take the cork out and serve it.

by Anonymousreply 6004/06/2011

I'm sorry Miss, but with all due respect I have problems of my own.

by Anonymousreply 6104/06/2011

To distinguish it from physical abuse of course, R57.

by Anonymousreply 6204/06/2011

I can't wait for the movie of this: Sows At The Trough II: The Revenge Of Jenny Craig

by Anonymousreply 6304/06/2011

[quote]What diet would prohibit grilled chicken and a steamed vegetable? And any restaurant would have been able to provide that

A co-worker friend was on Atkins for a while and our group ate out a lot and she usually got chicken wings with the sauce on the side. Nearly every restaurant makes them and if they didn't have that she got a hamburger and just didn't eat the bun. She didn't expect anyone to kowtow to her particular dietary quirk.

That bitch in OP's story deserved what she got. I don't know what Jenny Craig's food plan is like but there has to be exceptions if you eat out.

I'd have thrown that cow out on her fat ass too.

by Anonymousreply 6404/06/2011

The restaurant was absolutely correct and within their rights in doing what they did. Most health laws pertaining to commercial food establishments forbid the bringing in of non-inspected and state approved prepared meals for use within their establishment. The only exception is prepared baby formula and other commercial baby food for children who require these products.

by Anonymousreply 6504/06/2011

Please. The bitch in OP's story doesn't exist.%0D %0D If you look at Jenny Craig's website, you'd see that they have options for dining out that don't involve eating the JC food.

by Anonymousreply 6604/06/2011

I'll never understand why some people on DL are so insistant that perfectly mundane events like this never happened. There is nothing elaborate or unbeleivable about OP's account.

by Anonymousreply 6704/06/2011

r53= fatty.

by Anonymousreply 6804/06/2011

The restaurant was perfectly correct in how it handled the situation.

This story reminds me of a late great aunt of mine many years back. She was a widow whose husband left her with millions. She was a cheap ol' miserly bitch who would gather up her much poorer widowed sister every morning and take her to a diner for breakfast. At some point they decided they didn't want to pay for 2 separate breakfasts so they started ordering one egg, 2 pieces of toast, and 4 pieces of bacon, AND one extra plate. They'd divide each portion up into 2 sit there like 2 old crows. Then one day the manager of the restaurant had had enough and when they ordered their "extra plate" they were told there would be a charge of $1.00 for the extra plate. My old miserly bitch great aunt went nuts and cussed everyone in the place out and they left in a huff and never entered the place again (much to the delight of the restaurant staff I'm sure). Thankfully, both of the old hags were dead within 6 months.

It's mind boggling at the ridiculous things people expect businesses to do for them for free.

by Anonymousreply 6904/06/2011

R67--When the thread is DL catnip, one has to be suspicious. Personally, I'm never really in a position to follow events at another table so closely. I suppose OP just has better hearing than I.

by Anonymousreply 7004/06/2011

[quote]If you look at Jenny Craig's website, you'd see that they have options for dining out that don't involve eating the JC food.

So fucking what R66? Just because the bitch in OP's story didn't do what you thought she should according to JC's website doesn't mean this didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 7104/06/2011

Just another sad reminder of the classless world we live in theses days.

by Anonymousreply 7204/06/2011

Every Single Thing about the OP's post is true.

by Anonymousreply 7304/06/2011

[quote]If you prepare food and sell it to the pubic

Talk about your "Oh, dear..."

by Anonymousreply 7404/06/2011

Ridiculous, just charge her a corking fee.

by Anonymousreply 7504/06/2011

Why so angry R71?

by Anonymousreply 7604/06/2011

Why so defensive, R66? Hungry?

by Anonymousreply 7704/06/2011

I know a few people who have been very successful in the restaurant business. I can say for sure they are not prosperous because they give away the ship; nor are they failing because they are uncompromising.

That said, I can't imagine any of them bending over backward for an exigent looking for a free lunch. Savvy is as savvy does...

by Anonymousreply 7804/06/2011

This is what comes from "the customer is always right" meme. OP if I were you I would have cussed the bitch out.

by Anonymousreply 7904/06/2011

No, I'm not R71. But maybe you are and that's what's making you so darn grumpy.%0D

by Anonymousreply 8004/06/2011

[quote][R32] has a point.

Right on top of her pin head.

by Anonymousreply 8104/06/2011

Mm, no. I'm not grumpy, you're just a bitch, R66.

by Anonymousreply 8204/06/2011

I would have taken the meal and nuked it then charged her $20 for the service.

by Anonymousreply 8304/06/2011

if true, she is an extremely stupid bitch

by Anonymousreply 8504/06/2011

%C2%A1Estamos muy hambrientos!

by Anonymousreply 8604/06/2011

Just another insipid DL troll and his gullible, moronic followers.

by Anonymousreply 8704/07/2011

I have seen this happen in New York and in fact I know someone who does it when being most "religious" to the Jenny Craig plan.

It does happen--not necessarily frequently, but pretty often, even in a high end restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 8804/07/2011

R71 and R84 prove that R32 was right. In addition R84 is a creepy stalker.

by Anonymousreply 8904/07/2011

Hey, go easy on the cunts

by Anonymousreply 9104/07/2011

Oh please. This is made up especially for DL. A loud obnoxious woman demanding something. The OP might as well have had the woman demanding the waiter heat up her gluten free pasta.

by Anonymousreply 9204/07/2011

Oh god, the thread THAT would have caused, R92... Don't even suggest such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 9304/07/2011

LOL r91! I LOOOOOVE the word cunt. I get a bit out of control I can't control it. :)

by Anonymousreply 9404/07/2011

[quote]Oh please. This is made up especially for DL. A loud obnoxious woman demanding something.

Oh, ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha!

by Anonymousreply 9504/07/2011

[quote] A loud obnoxious woman demanding something.

Why is this concept presented as if it's a fallacy? Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 9604/07/2011

I'm smellin' Helen!

by Anonymousreply 9704/07/2011

She sounds like such white trash. Throw her OUT.

by Anonymousreply 9804/07/2011

I ate Carol Channing's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 9904/07/2011

R71 is the true cunt in this story.%0D

by Anonymousreply 10004/07/2011

[quote]The restaurant was absolutely correct and within their rights in doing what they did. Most health laws pertaining to commercial food establishments forbid the bringing in of non-inspected and state approved prepared meals for use within their establishment. The only exception is prepared baby formula and other commercial baby food for children who require these products%0D %0D %0D Uh huh, so why do several of the posters here say that in their restaurants they WILL plate a birthday cake brought in from the outside or uncork wine that isn't their own---for a fee? This is not about health laws, though that's the excuse restaurants use, it's all about money. If they can charge you, clearly they'll find a way to accomodate.%0D %0D Not saying that's wrong. They absolutely should charge these cheapass cunts a big fat PITA fee. But let's not pretend restaurant owners are all concerned about health code violations.

by Anonymousreply 10104/07/2011

If the restaurant manager really did threaten to kick the woman out for eating outside food, she must have been being especially obnoxious. 5 people in her party were eating/drinking - why lose that table just over one demanding customer unless she was being truly insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 10204/07/2011

I'd be curious to know how long the woman has been on Jenny Craig.%0D %0D It can be quite addictive in that if it works for a person he or she is often afraid to go off the plan, even for a meal or two.%0D %0D But as long as you're exercising you can go off the plan; a saldd with tomatoes and cucumbers and grilled chicken or salmon can't be more than a few hundred calories -- and that's a pretty healthy entree.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10304/07/2011

OP, she sounds like a typical stupid frau cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10404/07/2011

Exactly R103. Just duplicate a Jenny Craig meal when you're out at a restaurant. How had can that be?

by Anonymousreply 10504/07/2011

The world doesn't come to an end if you go off the program with something sensible, but if you order chicken in sauce with fries and a salad with bleu cheese, well, yeah, then you're going to go up in weight.%0D %0D But I've been on Jenny and when you go out, you can do the salad and chicken thing; you can even 'volumize' and add more veggies and some fruit.%0D %0D But as long as you don't pile on the fries and cheesecake you'll be fine.%0D %0D Just double up on water and make sure to, as Jenny used to say, 'ex-ca-size' the next day. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10604/07/2011

"restauranteur"

Oh dear....

It's "restaurateur," damn it! That ugly ass Bobby Flay is always saying "restauranteur" - dumb fuck....

by Anonymousreply 10704/07/2011

Diners are clueless. The profit margins in most restaurants are incredibly slim. There are so many costs in regards to maintenance, staff, training, equipment, etc., aside from obvious food and beverage costs and property rental.

They think it doesn't cost anything to provide plates and utensils for a large party, for the staff to serve a brought-in cake, etc. It does. It costs money. And then it costs money to wash all of that.

The Jenny Craig lady was just being a complete idiot. There is nothing in her little plastic bag that she couldn't order off of restaurant menu. It is hard sometimes when you're dieting to go to a restaurant and it may not be the satisfying meal (but if you're eating food out of a plastic bag all the time, what's the difference?) but one assumes the experience is more social than anything. You either restrain yourself or you decide to reasonably go off-plan a little bit. It's not life or death. This woman was a complete embarrassment and completely insulting to the restaurant to think she could not only bring her own food but that they would prepare it, plate it and serve it to her. What an idiot.

But then, as someone who has worked in fine restaurants and hotels, I can say the world is full of idiots. And there are few things worse than female diners, especially if there's a group of them (4 - 5). The whole thing is a contest to see who can order the least food. And then they start special ordering everything, as if they're chefs, asking you to mix and match all the preparations on the menu. They are worse than annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10804/07/2011

She presumes every restaurant has a microwave?

by Anonymousreply 10904/07/2011

This. Didn't. Happen.

by Anonymousreply 11004/07/2011

>>And there are few things worse than female diners, especially if there's a group of them.%0D %0D Oh, I can think of more than a few things that are worse than female diners: male terrorists, male pedophiles, male rapists, male wife beaters, male child abductors, male BMW drivers, and bitter women-hating laughable queens who can't recognize their denial about their motives for misogyny, even when it's held in front of their cookie sniffing faces.

by Anonymousreply 11104/07/2011

R111 and R108 would make quite a pair.

by Anonymousreply 11204/07/2011

[quote]cookie sniffing faces%0D %0D Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 11304/07/2011

[quote]It can be quite addictive in that if it works for a person he or she is often afraid to go off the plan, even for a meal or two.%0D %0D Isn't this the whole point of Jenny Craig and Nutri System so that people keep buying their products even if they've reached their target weight?

by Anonymousreply 11404/07/2011

Nothing more offensive & obnoxious than a big belligerent fat lady in a restaurant hollering & yelling and making a scene, disrupting the enjoyment of the other dinners. I would have taken her dinner bnacl to the kitchen, put smegma in it & said, "Compliments of the house, ma'am! Extra special low-fat cottage curds! Specialty of the chef!" with a smile.

by Anonymousreply 11504/07/2011

R101,

You do realize that there are 50 states and each state has it's own health and safety laws, as do counties, townships, and cities. You cannot make a blanket statement regarding all restaurants in the USA. I do in fact live in an area where restaurant servers may not under any circumstances touch any food, including baby food and bottles, that has not been prepared in the restaurants kitchen. To bring in a birthday cake would be illegal and result in a huge fine. To bring in your own baby food is illegal an will result in a fine for the restaurant. (Yeh, it keeps kids out of the restaurants...) The result is that the next town over, which is in another county, is know for it's dining and our area is limited to diners and fast food.

Also, some restaurants are now refusing to allow customers to bring their own baby food, either they have baby food available for sale or they simple do not allow it. Apparently the reason is that the Jennie Craig types argue that if you allow outside baby food, you must allow other outside food. I have heard customers argue that not allowing their prepared meals is age discrimination and that it is a violation of the disabilities act because they require the meals for "health" reasons. Mind you, I have never know a diabetic to bring his or her own meals to a restaurant. It seems stupid, but I am sure that legal departments would rather not have the issue be decided in court.

by Anonymousreply 11604/07/2011

r111 - hungry butch lesbian waving the crimson flag.

by Anonymousreply 11704/07/2011

Never happened.

by Anonymousreply 11804/07/2011

I'm a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 11904/07/2011

Could the never happened troll give it a rest and come out of Mommie's basement to join us in the real world where these things really happen.

by Anonymousreply 12004/07/2011

COME ON R119! It's "PEDO" and you have to quote it. If you're going to troll then DO IT RIGHT FOR FUCK SAKE!

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12104/07/2011

R120 YES.

I would like all the this never happened trolls to go away forever.

by Anonymousreply 12204/07/2011

I also wish the 'never happened' troll would go away already. As noted above - this is DL catnip but it's not entirely unbelievable either.

by Anonymousreply 12304/07/2011

Next time, stay the fuck home and eat your Jenny Craig in private, you loathesome cunt.

Oh sorry, am I being cruel to women?

by Anonymousreply 12404/07/2011

Oh, please. This COULD have happened. I've seen a lot of obviously fake threads about "cunts" and "fraus" and the OP's scenario seems more plausible than a lot of others. %0D %0D People try to get away with anything in restaurants. I saw a "Cops" episode where a white trash guy and his white trash girlfriend were causing a disturbance. Seems the guy wanted to take food home in a doggy bag, but the restaurant's policy prohibited this. He got very agitated and the police were called. The police were shown the sign on the way that stated the policy; the policewoman explained to the man that he couldn't take home his doggy bag. The man then said "then I'm not paying for it." And the policewoman said "then you're going to jail." He relented but was a dick about it; the policewoman told him he was not to come back to that restaurant again. Face it; when it comes to food, people are insane.

by Anonymousreply 12504/07/2011

I've never seen a restaurant with a "policy" against doggy bags. Seems like a bad business practice.

by Anonymousreply 12604/07/2011

Was it a buffet restaurant?

I have seen signs in buffet places that prohibit doggie bags. People overstuff themselves then go back and overstuff a plate to take home.

by Anonymousreply 12704/07/2011

Think Golden Corral, r126. "All you can eat" applies to on premisis only.

by Anonymousreply 12804/07/2011

Oh man, I would have loved to see that episode. The trashy couple was probably trying to horde enough food for a week from one visit to the Country Hick (or whatever you call it) buffet.

by Anonymousreply 12904/07/2011

Let me guess R125, it was an all-you-can-eat buffet.

by Anonymousreply 13004/07/2011

OP should have gotten up and slapped the fat Frau. Slapped her hard. Slapped her very, very hard. %0D %0D Stupid frau....

by Anonymousreply 13104/07/2011
Need more help? Click Here.