Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

One down...how many more to go?

[bold] Wall Street executive dies after falling from New York apartment 'as he celebrated birth of baby' [/bold]

A high-flying Wall Street executive plunged to his death from the window of his fifth-floor apartment in New York last night.

Keith Mastronardi, 31, had been smoking and drinking heavily and was trying to open a window to air the room when he slipped and fell at about 10.25pm, according to police.

His wife, Debra, was at home with their three young children, including a newborn baby girl. It is believed the couple may have been celebrating her birth.

Mrs Mastronardi, who had also been drinking heavily, became hysterical and had to be carried out of the Upper East Side apartment on a stretcher, according to police sources.

The Wall Street Journal reports she was then taken to the New York Presbyterian Hospital for psychological evaluation.

His body was found in a courtyard behind the apartment building at around 10.30pm, according to police.

On Facebook, he is listed as father to two boys called Tyler and Luca. Last September he announced his wife was expecting a baby girl.

The children are being looked after by relatives.

Joe Gomez, an attendant at the parking lot next door, told the Daily News the sound of Mr Mastronardi hitting the ground was so loud he ran for cover.

He said: 'I heard a loud bang from the back. It sounded like a bomb - very hard. I never heard something like that before.'

His brother, Marc Mastronardi, told the Post: 'He was an amazing and loving father and we%E2%80%99ll really miss him.'

Mr Mastronardi studied at the University of Chicago and was head of exotic derivatives at the India-based firm Vyapar Capital Market Partners.

Vyapar CEO, Vinayek Singh, told MailOnline Mr Mastronardi had worked for the company for several years and was a 'valued member' of the firm.

He said: 'The family have spoken to us and said it was a tragic accident. They described him as a loving, caring husband and father.'

He had previously worked at EuroBrokers and Group One Trading.

Mr Gomez said: 'I'd see him passing by with the kids all the time and say hi.'

Gianluca Rottura, who owns a local wine store, told the Post the Mastronardis were regular customers, and the trader had come in about a week before to celebrate the birth of their daughter.

He said: 'Very, very nice couple. Always very happy together. The type of couple people would be jealous of.

"I saw him a week ago. He came in with his son to buy wine. And he said my wife was pregnant so we weren%E2%80%99t drinking for a while.'

Mr Rottura also paid tribute to the family. He told the newspaper: 'They were nice to everyone. Everyone loved them. When they walked down the street everyone said hello.

'They had a certain energy. The kids were happy. These are the type of people you look at and say how can I get that.'

Mr Mastronardi went to school in Mineola, New York, where he was state champion in the triple jump for the Catholic High School Athletic Association.

He was also triple jump champion for three out of his four years at the University of Chicago, and still holds the indoor record, according to the Wall Street Journal.

A spokesman for the NYPD said Mr Mastronardi's death was under investigation.

by Anonymousreply 20407/06/2015

Good to know mom was "drinking heavily" as well while watching a newborn.

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2011

"Smoking heavily" in a closed apartment with three kids including a newborn? What a douche.

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2011

The smoke was weed, right?

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2011

Oh how awful.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2011

But what was on his iPod?

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2011

Wonder if the wife gave him a push? How much life insurance was there?

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2011

What's "psycopathic" about being appalled at a father smoking heavily in a closed apartment with small children including a newborn? You are a sociopath if you can't understand how smoking infringes upon people who don't smoke, including children.

by Anonymousreply 1004/04/2011

[quote]He was also triple jump champion for three out of his four years at the University of Chicago, and still holds the indoor record, according to the Wall Street Journal.%0D %0D Well, now he holds the outdoor record too.

by Anonymousreply 1204/04/2011

Wasn't this a Sex and the City episode?

by Anonymousreply 1304/04/2011

Oh my what a story!

by Anonymousreply 1404/04/2011

Is that newspaper serious ?? They describe the guy as a HIGH FLYING Wall Street executive. Uhhhhhh .......not so much. What douches.

by Anonymousreply 1504/04/2011

A pair of 30 year old drunks with 3 kids. This wouldn't have ended well regardless of when he died, so it's probably better he got it out of the way early.

by Anonymousreply 1704/04/2011

You beat me to it R13.

by Anonymousreply 1804/04/2011

The Daily Mail's classy every day.

by Anonymousreply 1904/04/2011

[quote]What's "psycopathic" about being appalled at a father smoking heavily in a closed apartment with small children including a newborn? You are a sociopath if you can't understand how smoking infringes upon people who don't smoke, including children.%0D %0D Actually I think it's a little bit more sociopathic to feel no sympathy for a dead man and his family because of the fact that he smoked near his kids.%0D %0D (And I'm the last person who would defend that filthy habit.)

by Anonymousreply 2004/04/2011

White man smoking dope and drinking around the children, makes a living from ripping off the public= sad Black man smoking dope and drinking around the children, makes a living from ripping off the public= evil

by Anonymousreply 2104/04/2011

Fly high, die low.

by Anonymousreply 2204/04/2011

r21, you got it wrong. It's not a race thing, it's a money thing. If said white man lived in a trailer park in the Ozarks he would then be considered evil. Anyone from the yuppie bourgeois class will be shown sympathy while the working class and the poor are demonized.

by Anonymousreply 2304/04/2011

R12 that was so wrong but I needed a laugh thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2404/04/2011

[quote]But what was on his iPod? Tom Petty, "Free Fallin'"

by Anonymousreply 2504/04/2011

R23 I think it's hard to kill yourself by jumping out of a trailer...well depending on what you fall on I guess

by Anonymousreply 2604/04/2011

Alicia Keyes: "Falling"

by Anonymousreply 2704/04/2011

With three young kids at home, I wonder why they didn't have the windows child-proofed. Those bars make it all but impossible for somebody to fall out and New York City landlords are required by law to provide them.

by Anonymousreply 2804/04/2011

A smoker falls to his death. I hope this story doesn't give Bloomberg any ideas.

by Anonymousreply 2904/04/2011

Where was the hell was the nanny?!

by Anonymousreply 3004/04/2011

"Mr Gomez said: 'I'd see him passing by with the kids all the time and say hi."%0D %0D Hopefully not from an upper floor.

by Anonymousreply 3104/04/2011

Op ....my guess is 4? do I win?

by Anonymousreply 3204/04/2011

R30 I thnk she's doing a new sitcom and R31 marry me

by Anonymousreply 3304/04/2011

[quote]What's "psycopathic" about being appalled at a father smoking heavily in a closed apartment with small children including a newborn?

That's just hyperbole from someone trying to be a jerk. As someone who has had lifelong health problems because my parents smoked around me constantly -- and photographs show they both smoked when mom was pregnant with me as well -- I can't feel sympathy for this guy. Knowing that he didn't have the windows childproofed so that one of his own kids could have fallen out of the apartment just seals the deal.

If that makes me "a little bit more sociopathic", then so be it.

by Anonymousreply 3404/04/2011

This is a terrible thing but... I don't have any sympathy for him. The wife will just go marry some other rich douche bag. The kids will grow up to the be the spoiled creeps they would have, regardless of whatever father they had.

by Anonymousreply 3504/04/2011

I can't believe they'd been drinking like that with kids that little. Wow. r1? Seriously? Being 30 with a family isn't jump worthy, his choice. Some people had 3 before they left their teen years and survived.

My condolences to their family.

by Anonymousreply 3604/04/2011

Yes you bastards, every parent who ever gets drunk or smokes a cigarette deserves to die horribly! You people are sick fascists!

by Anonymousreply 3704/05/2011

"i believe i can fly"

by Anonymousreply 3804/05/2011

[quote]But what was on his iPod?

"Tears in Heaven."

Except he had the earbuds in the wrong ears.

by Anonymousreply 3904/05/2011

Patsy Cline - "I Fall to Pieces"

by Anonymousreply 4004/05/2011

[quote]That's just hyperbole from someone trying to be a jerk. As someone who has had lifelong health problems because my parents smoked around me constantly -- and photographs show they both smoked when mom was pregnant with me as well -- I can't feel sympathy for this guy. %0D %0D So if your father had been killed in a freak accident when you were a child, and people told you that they had no sympathy for you because your dead dad had smoked around you, what would you have thought?

by Anonymousreply 4104/05/2011

How ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 4204/05/2011

This is at least the third "someone fell out the window/off the balcony" story in New York. One guy leaned against a loose balcony. A drunk girl fell over a balcony. And now this.

by Anonymousreply 4304/05/2011

R10, my father was a chain-smoker throughout my entire childhood, as did, I'm sure many other parents of DL posters. We're all perfectly normal.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 4404/05/2011

Yeah, lots of normal people here.

by Anonymousreply 4504/05/2011

Bust Your Windows Out

by Anonymousreply 4604/05/2011

ShinjukuBaby, are you on the rag or something? Why are you so argumentative and assumptive in this thread?

Nobody said they had NO sympathy for the guy (at least, not before you first started freaking out), wtf!

Just because I think he and his wife are both ignorant, selfish cunts for A) smoking heavily in a closed apartment, B) drinking heavily with 3 small children, one of them a newborn, in a closed apartment, and C) not taking any steps to childproof the windows of said apartment... that doesn't mean I feel NO sympathy for the cunts. He was still a living person with a family, and is now dead.

by Anonymousreply 4704/05/2011

how could she have been drinking heavily with a newborn? you can't drink and breastfeed.

hope the kids get protective custody.

by Anonymousreply 4804/05/2011

What an undignified way to end a life full of accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 4904/05/2011

[quote]Nobody said they had NO sympathy for the guy %0D %0D Except for R4.%0D %0D I'm not on the rag, just bored at the office and, even as somebody who is rabidly anti-smoking, found the anti-smoking lunatic a little odd.

by Anonymousreply 5004/05/2011

[quote]So if your father had been killed in a freak accident when you were a child, and people told you that they had no sympathy for you because your dead dad had smoked around you, what would you have thought? Cut it out with the childish "but what if it was YOU" bullshit, SB. That's the kind of guilt trip faux logic teenagers engage in, and you deliberately skewed what I said just so you could be self righteous. I said I didn't have sympathy for [italic]the dead guy[/italic], not his children. In fact, what I said clearly indicated I felt bad for his kids because he didn't care enough to not smoke or to get the windows childproofed. On top of all that, now he fucking died on them when they were young because he got so blasted he fell out of one of the windows he didn't bother to secure. It's all utter selfishness on his part, and they're going to pay for it their whole lives... something I understand all too well.

by Anonymousreply 5104/05/2011

R34, you need to get over your crappy childhood.

by Anonymousreply 5204/05/2011

Use troll-dar, SB. I'm not the "anti smoking lunatic" at R4 and I'm not the person you replied to at R10. You're talking to more than one person, despite your attempt to diminish the other side of the argument by claiming there is only one person who disagrees with you.

by Anonymousreply 5304/05/2011

[quote]head of exotic derivatives at the India-based firm Vyapar Capital Market Partners

So, a legal scammer and con artist who made an excellent living stealing from the public. Too bad for the wife and kids, though.

by Anonymousreply 5404/05/2011

Drunk or not, how the hell does someone "fall" out a window that is not floor to ceiling? By the looks of the building, the bottom of the window is about waist high.

by Anonymousreply 5504/05/2011

OK enough of the smoking/anti-smoking bickering. For the antis: the guy was smoking at home w/kids around. For the sympathizers: hey, he was trying to open the window so his kids wouldn't get second hand smoke (died protecting his family? a hero? LOL) You both have valid points and this will not be resolved so get over it and move on.%0D %0D Now, about the iPod:%0D %0D Luka - Suzanne Vega%0D %0D I Can Fly (EP version) - Louise Thomas%0D %0D Going Down For The Third Time - The Supremes%0D %0D Up, Up, and Away (a step by step account of the events as he opened the jammed window) - The Fifth Dimension%0D %0D Come To My Window - Melissa Etheridge%0D %0D Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - The Platters%0D %0D Interesting note: a lot of the songs in his iPod are from the Summer of 89 (Luka, Tears In Heaven, Free Fallin)%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5604/05/2011

No "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly?%0D %0D If it had been a black man...blah blah blah blah racist blather.

by Anonymousreply 5704/05/2011

All of them. There is not one decent human being working on Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 5804/05/2011

r55, I wondered the same thing. Seems like you would have to work pretty hard to "accidentally fall OUT" of one of those windows.

by Anonymousreply 5904/05/2011

Maybe one of the kids pushed him.

by Anonymousreply 6004/05/2011

With the heavy drinking and smoking just days after the baby was born, she will be better off without him as a father!

by Anonymousreply 6104/05/2011

r57 see r38

by Anonymousreply 6204/05/2011

Probably a suicide. The boss sounded like he didn't even know the guy.

by Anonymousreply 6304/05/2011

Arc of a Diver

by Anonymousreply 6404/05/2011

Terrible, but I agree it sound fishy. In 2011 very few conciencious parents "smoke heavily" or "drink" around their young children, particularly newborn. Also, it is the law in NYC to have bars on windows with small children on the apt. Odd. Finally, wife got hysterical and had to be taken to Payne Whitney at NNP hospital? %0D %0D Yeah, I want to to know more. %0D %0D This would not be the first happy family to actually be a double drinking problem family- all too common.

by Anonymousreply 6604/05/2011

lololol at r65. W&W

by Anonymousreply 6704/05/2011

r65, are you serious, really?%0D %0D Only 65 posts to read and you couldn't tell your joke - brilliant as it was the first time - was already posted?

by Anonymousreply 6804/05/2011

If they were drinking and smoking heavily they were very irresponsible. Most new moms home from the hospital are exhausted and don't drink if they are breastfeeding, which most do nowadays and Dad is usually primary caregiver to the older kids for at least a few days. Money doesn't buy class or make one a good parent.

by Anonymousreply 6904/05/2011

Um - the W&W should be given to r12

by Anonymousreply 7004/05/2011

[R20}, isn't it possible to feel sympathy for the family and ALSO be appalled that the guy was smoking heavily in a room with very young children?

by Anonymousreply 7104/05/2011

r69 = Countess LuAnn

by Anonymousreply 7204/05/2011

"With three young kids at home, I wonder why they didn't have the windows child-proofed. Those bars make it all but impossible for somebody to fall out and New York City landlords are required by law to provide them."

Another excellent point. From the information we have, they sound like horrible parents.

by Anonymousreply 7304/05/2011

Oh, I have one, I have one for his iPod:%0D %0D I Believe I Can Fly%0D %0D %0D But seriously, I think this three-time indoor record-holder now has the distinction of holding the outdoor record as well. Hahahahaha.%0D %0D And I'm sorry but I'm not sorry at all. I mean, what in the living hell were they doing smoking and drinking days after their baby was born? Wall Street Scum! LOL LOL

by Anonymousreply 7404/05/2011

New York is OVER.

O. V. E. R.

by Anonymousreply 7504/05/2011

%0D Ugh. I knew him at U of C, fairly well since we lived in the same dorm for two years and had similar academic paths.%0D %0D He was a complete and total prick. The sort that wasn't really all that smart, but talked a lot and talked confidently to overcome it. The sort of guy that generated a lot of rolling eyes from his classmates. You would just cringe when he would start talking.%0D %0D It's kind of comical to see the reaction today from representatives of the schools and businesses he's been associated. I suppose they are obligated to talk about what a great guy and dedicated "family man" he was, which is rubbish. He was a slave only to his annual bonus.%0D %0D He would have thrown his own kids out the window for an extra ten grand of bonus (although he would have negotiated hard for more). Maybe he jumped to maxmize the value of his life insurance. Or maybe a pang of conscience.%0D %0D I'm not exactly crying today.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7604/05/2011

[quote]Oh, I have one, I have one for his iPod:

How about Free Fallin by Tom Petty.

by Anonymousreply 7704/05/2011

Sooooo much jealousy here for a family that had a great life most of you can only dream about with your noses pressed against the glass. %0D %0D You cunts sound like a gaggle of middle school mean girls gleefully enjoying this tragedy. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 7804/05/2011

r76 So, you're saying he was pretty typical?

by Anonymousreply 7904/05/2011

Liar @ R76

by Anonymousreply 8004/05/2011

"was trying to open a window to air the room when he slipped and fell"%0D %0D Maybe it was one of those 90 sq. ft. Upper West Side apartments and between the wife and kids and all those liquor bottles and ashtrays he had to lean at some sort of crazy angle just to get at the window sash.

by Anonymousreply 8104/05/2011

Hardly jealous, r78. He lived a life that would have killed me on many levels.%0D %0D Might as well jump! Jump! Go ahead, jump!%0D %0D Jump, by Van Halen.

by Anonymousreply 8204/05/2011

"Joe Gomez, an attendant at the parking lot next door, told the Daily News the sound of Mr Mastronardi hitting the ground was so loud he ran for cover.%0D %0D He said: 'I heard a loud bang from the back. It sounded like a bomb - very hard. I never heard something like that before.'"%0D %0D He didn't FALL, people. He was BLOWN UP.

by Anonymousreply 8304/05/2011

Would you really die instantly from falling only 5 stories?

by Anonymousreply 8404/05/2011

I just read about it in today's NY Post. He and his wife were scheduled to close on a house in Oyster Bay, a very expensive area in Long Island, today. His mother said the family spent the day at John Jay Park, had two martinis when he got home, and opened the window in the bedroom. The wife turned to the baby (who is 11 weeks, not a days-old newborn, which was implied in the first article), and when she turned around, he was gone. I think the pressure of it all made him jump.%0D %0D The reason a lot of people don't have window guards is the same reason they don't have screens. They block the light and look ugly.

by Anonymousreply 8504/05/2011

Allow me to translate for r85.

8 to 10 martinis and two packs of smokes. Bitterly unhappy with the wife having another child that hid did not want.

Jump.

by Anonymousreply 8604/05/2011

Is THAT what 31 looks like nowadays?!

Somewhat odd in NY for two 31-year-old people in their early 30s to already have 3 kids. I would think that's more of a suburban / small-town thing.

by Anonymousreply 8704/05/2011

Song not on his iPod:%0D %0D Hold On

by Anonymousreply 8804/05/2011

[quote]for two 31-year-old people in their early 30s %0D %0D Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 8904/05/2011

Ring any bells?

by Anonymousreply 9004/05/2011

"Honey, I'm going out for a smoke." Splat.

by Anonymousreply 9104/05/2011

I'm willing to bet the wife didn't work and was one of those UES moms like the Charity:water guy's wife who did nothing but spend her husband's money all day long. The guy must have been making major bucks if they could afford to have three kids in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 9204/05/2011

Fool @ R92, taking care of three babies isn't doing nothing all day. I'll bet anything you're living off social security and munching on cheetos in your mother's basement. Am I right parasite? Course I am.

by Anonymousreply 9304/05/2011

Seriously, I'm a casual reader at best, but even I saw that "Free Fallin" and "I Believe I Can Fly" were already posted as well as the outdoor record holder joke. There's nothing more tiresome than fat basement dwellers who think what they have to say is so important that they don't bother noticing that it has all been said before. God, not only are you lazy, but you're no doubt bloated from your own self-importance.

by Anonymousreply 9404/05/2011

Like that woman wouldn't have "help" to take care of her kids. You don't think UES women raise their kids themselves, do you? You must be flyover.

by Anonymousreply 9504/05/2011

[quote]He was a complete and total prick. The sort that wasn't really all that smart, but talked a lot and talked confidently to overcome it.

Sounds like everyone at datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 9604/05/2011

If there was some type of suicide clause in his life insurance, the 'accidental fall' is the way to go. I'm sure it will be investigated and they'll try to recreate what happened, etc.

by Anonymousreply 9704/05/2011

Wow, it was so creepy when I recently read this story about this man and his wife Debra. While tragic, it sounds very strange too though. I actually went on a couple of dates with Paul Granito (her current husband) in the summer of 2010. I had met him on an online dating site. He lived on the Upper East side and was divorced from this woman named Barrie and had a young son with her. Paul was a complete controlling douche bag with no manners. I remember on our second date, Paul and his ex-wife were having a heated argument over the phone right in front of me. So rude. I also remember when we were driving around in one of his black Porches in the city and he went on and on with this wacky story that recent fiance had just broken off their engagement. He told me that while he was in the hospital, his fiance moved all of her stuff out of the house and just flat out left him. he also kept yelling racial slurs out the window about Jewish people. I was just so bizarre. Well, sounds like this new marriage with this Debra is a match made in heaven?!

by Anonymousreply 9804/23/2013

"Please Help Me I'm Falling" by Hank Locklin

by Anonymousreply 10004/23/2013

I remember this story. The wife is a real class A gold digger and has landed on her feet quite well, so to speak. She's got a rock hard body appropriate for a modern day trophy wife. Wonder who looks after the kid.

by Anonymousreply 10104/23/2013

Is Debra blonde?

Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 10204/23/2013

R98 she's already remarried?

Whore!

by Anonymousreply 10304/23/2013

This is why those who took/take the most welfare, Corps, WS and the banks, should be drug tested, Daily!!!

by Anonymousreply 10404/23/2013

'I'd see him passing by with the kids all the time and say hi.'

Didn't have the kids last time he passed by my place, but he seemed in a rush so couldn't say hi.

by Anonymousreply 10504/24/2013

What R21 said.

by Anonymousreply 10704/24/2013

wife with new husband mentioned in R98

by Anonymousreply 10804/24/2013

Terrifying, R108. That's like a bad parody of humanity from aliens.

by Anonymousreply 10904/24/2013

She is exactly what I had pictured.

by Anonymousreply 11004/24/2013

What is it with all the iPod jokes? LOL. In all seriousness though. I am not sure what the heck happened to her. Must be some serious post traumatic syndrome I would think. She is now a bodybuilder (looks like Pam Anderson on roids) and now married Paul, a wealthy financial consultant. I am not surprised she would go again for that same type again. After reading that comment by the person that went to school with Keith, Paul has that exact same personality. I could not even imagine spending a whole lifetime with that man regardless of all the money that he has. I do feel extremely bad for the three kids though. They are the innocent ones that have to suffer :(

by Anonymousreply 11204/24/2013

Judging from the size of his hands, she went for something a little different than money...

by Anonymousreply 11304/24/2013

No it can't be why. I actually saw it. Size is average: not big, not small. He has a tattoo of his grandmother on his upper arm.

by Anonymousreply 11404/24/2013

High-flying, teehee. Cloud Atlas has a great scene that pits together an author, a critic, and a flat ending.

by Anonymousreply 11504/24/2013

Child proofing windows in NYC does not mean "bars on the windows." They are just child guards and they don't go over the entire window. If he were having difficulty opening the window (ie, the child guard may have been hindering him) he might have got on a chair or climbed on the inside window ledge to open the window, in which case he could easily have fallen over the child guard with the window fully open.

The child guards on my windows are just stops about 3" high that prevent our vertical windows from opening wide. It's easy to unscrew the stops when you want to further open the windows. Across the street, I can see the people with horizontal windows are using "regular" child guards, which are maybe 9 inches to a foot high. An adult can easily fall out a window with those in place if he opened the window all the way and lost his balance because he'd pulled over a chair or stepped into the window well to better open them.

So, you don't know that they did not have window guards.

by Anonymousreply 11604/24/2013

Yikes, I regret looking at it, lol (I am same person who posted reply 114 and several other posts about the 2 dates I had with Paul back in 2010). First date was definitely a little odd but we seemed to get along. The second date and after was extremely bizarre though, so a third date never happened. After date 2, he kept pressuring me over and over again to go away with him to Maine for 4th of July weekend. I had other plans and kept telling him that I couldn't (plus i really did not want to go away with him anyway). He kept texting me like every 5 minutes, calling me over and over. A very manipulative and controlling spoiled brat that needed to get his way. Not my thing, so I cut the cord.

by Anonymousreply 11704/24/2013

Nice body for a woman with 3 kids.

by Anonymousreply 11804/24/2013

Well regardless of the child guards on the windows issue, they should not have been smoking and drinking in front of those three young children.

by Anonymousreply 11904/24/2013

[quote] Somewhat odd in NY for two 31-year-old people in their early 30s to already have 3 kids

Not on the Upper East Side. It's a status symbol.

First, women are having children at a younger age now because so many boomer women postponed childbirth and then found themselves unable to get pregnant. So young women are gettin' to it as soon as they can.

The younger you have a baby, the younger you will be when you return to the workforce. So instead of having a kid at 40 and trying to get a new job at 45, they're having kids at 23 and looking for a new job at 28.

The more kids you have in upscale areas of Manhattan, the bigger an apartment you can afford and the longer the wife can remain out of the workforce. So having 3 kids at 31 says, "I not only make enough money for a large apartment, I make enough to have a large apartment without needing a second income."

by Anonymousreply 12004/24/2013

Legitimate question... in the original article, there is a picture of their apartment building.

Is that what a luxury UES place looks like? It looks kind of dumpy, and has ghastly window air conditioners. I've seen nicer government housing projects. And no, I am not talking fly over country, I'm talking Boston where real estate is also pricey and there's a ghetto a street over from the South End (home of the rich gays - the poor ones live in Dorchester, land of the triple deckers).

by Anonymousreply 12104/24/2013

[quote] Is that what a luxury UES place looks like?

It's not a luxury building, but people buy side-by-side apartments in buildings like that and turn them into one big apartment.

by Anonymousreply 12204/24/2013

And I didn't mention it, but when they gut those apartments, they completely renovate them and they can be quite nice. Not everybody wants floor to ceiling windows and the air conditioning units merely point to the age of the building. It was built before heating/cooling units were developed for fairly large apartment buidings. Even some highrises built in the 80s have window units.

by Anonymousreply 12304/24/2013

Yes, that is what some of them they look like on the UES and they cost a fortune to rent. A two bedroom (with not even that many square feet)on that avenue and block will run you $5000/month or maybe more. The UES is one on the most desirable areas of the city. That is what you are paying for I guess.

by Anonymousreply 12404/24/2013

It is a very pretty area of the city.

by Anonymousreply 12504/24/2013

The boomer moms completely turned around the public schools on the UES. So you can actually send your kid to public school now and they will do fine. That's worth a lot of money. Private schools in Manhattan are $30-50,000.

by Anonymousreply 12604/24/2013

Is Debra's look in the picture at R108 typical of what UES women look like? She looks so, well, tacky, for lack of a better word. I would imagine that someone who aspires to those addresses would have a more sophisticated appearance. She looks like the poster above said Pamela Anderson on steroids. So trashy.

Very interesting bump from the past.

by Anonymousreply 12704/24/2013

No, it is not what the UES women typically look like at all. I honestly think that she is looking for attention. Maybe this is her way of getting it. She looked very normal and attractive prior to the whole tragedy and now looks completely different with the big muscles and deep tan. Not sure what happened.

by Anonymousreply 12804/24/2013

I hate when people give their children trendy WASPY names attached to some ethnic last name that ends in a vowel. I always picture their grandparents in housecoats and wife beaters eating lasagna in cramped wallpapered kitchens out on Long Island yelling for Tyler to pass the "gravy".

by Anonymousreply 12904/24/2013

YAY I just took a klonopin and this post makes me so happy. Hope that bastard was paralyzed with fear all the way down. And I hope it hurt like hell before he died.

by Anonymousreply 13004/24/2013

Thanks, R128. Interesting that she underwent such a transformation. I wonder if that's what her new husband likes...

by Anonymousreply 13104/24/2013

[quote] Is Debra's look in the picture at [R108] typical of what UES women look like?

No. She's whorey looking. She reminds me of my SIL, who is totally man-oriented. Also, what's her name-- the one whose wealthy fiancé died on 9/11, so she married some other wealthy guy, divorced him, became a "hostess" at nightclubs and fucked Tiger Woods. You know who I mean -- that girl named Rachel Something-or-other.

They are all a certain type of woman --- very man-oriented, into expensive wine, top restaurants, jewelry, finest hotels and they'll fuck you if you can give them that. If you can't, then you don't exist.

If someone very close to her, like a beloved relative called and said, "Can you come over? I'm really depressed ever since my children were killed in the fire, my parents were killed in the car crash and my husband went to jail for fucking a 14 year old boy I am afraid I might do something," and if she had a date with a wealthy guy, she would totally go on the date and tell you to call a hotline.

There are women like this on the UES, but they are not typical UES women.

by Anonymousreply 13204/24/2013

That look is so way over the top though: to the point of being unattractive. I think you would get a lot of negative attention walking down the street like that. I would think that a reputable man would be embarrassed if his wife looked and dressed like that.

by Anonymousreply 13304/24/2013

R129, lol, yes, exactly. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 13404/24/2013

You have to check out her before picture though. She looked so "normal", just so different. It is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 13504/24/2013

Link to the before picture please?

by Anonymousreply 13604/24/2013

How many more to go? ALL OF THEM!

by Anonymousreply 13704/24/2013

So she pushed him?

by Anonymousreply 13804/24/2013

Of course she looks different. She had to change her look so that she could live up to what her new husband wanted.

Something fishy about the entire story.

by Anonymousreply 13904/24/2013

Lets get a law passed that makes throwing any Wall Street executive out a window, not a crime.

by Anonymousreply 14004/24/2013

She looks like a desperate housewife.

Inappropriately long (for her age) blond hair--check

Over worked, undernourished grizzle body--check

Bobble head--check

Spray tan--check

Fake tits--check

Face work--check

Bleached teeth--check

Hooker heels--check

Skank-ho dress--check

Straight men are too stupid to see past all the OTT "grooming" these aging gold diggers do to stay in the game. They really think they're "hot" and all their friends are jealous. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 14104/24/2013

Before picture of Debra can be found on hollywoodlife.com

by Anonymousreply 14204/24/2013

Addition to my post 141. Just google keith mastronardi to see her before pic

by Anonymousreply 14304/24/2013

[quote] They really think they're "hot" and all their friends are jealous.

You're the one that sounds jealous, R141 - jealous 'cause she gets the cock you want.

by Anonymousreply 14404/24/2013

post 141---omg too funny.

by Anonymousreply 14504/24/2013

She looks like a bobble head bc she is so thin to the point where her head looks way to big for her body. I don't know what would push someone to do that to their body :(

by Anonymousreply 14604/24/2013

Debra is a "girl with muscles"

by Anonymousreply 14704/24/2013

[quote] He was a complete and total prick. The sort that wasn't really all that smart, but talked a lot and talked confidently to overcome it. The sort of guy that generated a lot of rolling eyes from his classmates. You would just cringe when he would start talking.

R76, you went to college with PPSM?

by Anonymousreply 14804/24/2013

OMG -- if you google image Debra Milano Granito you will find a horrid photo of her disgusting body in a bikini while she is standing up. She is a disgusting bag of skin stretched over stringy muscles and bones.

I can't link to the photo because when I try to, I get sent to an app. But it's there on google image.

Warning -- do not google image Debra Milano Granito shortly after eating.

by Anonymousreply 14904/24/2013

Luckily I already saw some of those pics, so I can proceed to eat my oreos now. lol

by Anonymousreply 15004/24/2013

They named one of their children Luca. I think it would be just as well if CPS took those kids.

by Anonymousreply 15104/24/2013

Give them to a loving couple who can't have kids and remove them from the dysfunction.

by Anonymousreply 15204/24/2013

So an apartment will be opening up soon on the upper East side? Do you have the address?

by Anonymousreply 15304/24/2013

She has really saggy, wrinkly abdomen skin in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 15404/24/2013

Who knows if they even live in the city still. With 3 kids and a lot of money, I would think that they would have moved out to a big house in the burbs by now.

by Anonymousreply 15504/24/2013

Drunks with babies? Ain't that simply grand?

by Anonymousreply 15604/24/2013

I would think if you have had 3 kids and then chose to be so thin like that you would need to get a tummy tuck to have the extra skin removed for it to look somewhat normal.

by Anonymousreply 15804/24/2013

For Christ sake! When we were babies, our mothers and fathers were chain smokers and were drinking highballs...we lived the fuck through it. But let's face it, the guy JUMPED.

by Anonymousreply 15904/24/2013

I grew up in a household with two chain smokers and developed asthma, then bouts of pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, then emphysema by age 14.

By 16, I had developed a severe case of arteriosclerosis in my toes, fingers and lower limbs and one-by-one they had to be amputated to prevent gang green.

When I was 16, I lost my first entire leg. It was followed by my right arm and my nose. My genitals collapsed it what is called "vulveenia imitatia gravata".

When I finally lost all of my limbs, my family rented my body out to the local little league to be used as first base in an effort to fund my rising medical bills.

Last week, Bradley Cooper visited me in the hospital and we played a game of "Who's On First?"

All in all---it sucks being me.

by Anonymousreply 16004/24/2013

It looks like Iggy Pop bought some tits.

by Anonymousreply 16104/24/2013

Three young children? Pretty much enough to make anyone start thinking of suicide.

Bet his wife was cheating or just maybe, he discovered he was really gay but there was no turning back?

by Anonymousreply 16204/24/2013

I truly think that she is that thin and works out so much is too have control over something (the same as with anorexics). When her husband died, she had no control and probably felt so worthless and helpless at the time. Now with her controlling new husband, she needs to have control over something to keep her sanity.

by Anonymousreply 16304/24/2013

R157, the rich are parasites. Nobody would miss them. They don't actually do anything but prey on others.

He was probably smoking for weight control.

by Anonymousreply 16404/24/2013

He was a frat tool too, rush chairman of his fraternity, which is accepting donations to themselves in his memory.

by Anonymousreply 16504/24/2013

Don't know anything about the husband who died, just the new husband.

by Anonymousreply 16604/24/2013

All I can comment on the husband who died is that he should never have been drunk in front of his children or smoking in front of his children. If he carelessly slipped and fell out of the window bc he was drunk, that is terrible and irresponsible. He he jumped because of the pressure in his life, that is also terrible and irresponsible. Now three innocent children are the ones paying for this.

by Anonymousreply 16704/24/2013

BTW [to post 161 writer], wow: she does look like Iggy Pop with big boobies!

by Anonymousreply 16804/24/2013

I'm so bored I could die.

S

P

L

A

T

!

!

!

by Anonymousreply 16904/24/2013

Do u guys really think this guy accidentally fell because he was drinking heavily and just was off balance and slipped or do u think that he committed suicide because of the pressure of his job, wife and 3 kids? How do the investigastors determine if it is a accidental death or a suicide anyway?

by Anonymousreply 17004/25/2013

What ever works, to get rid of these Wall Street predators, is good for me.

by Anonymousreply 17104/25/2013

Well a previous poster who know him said that he was a douche bag anyway. So regardless, one less douche bag in the world to deal with is definitely a good thing, so I guess it doesn't matter how he goes.

by Anonymousreply 17204/25/2013

I hope he left the kids all of his money in his will and not the wife.

by Anonymousreply 17304/25/2013

She has the body of a balloon animal from last year's birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 17404/25/2013

Yeah, she should get the skin nipped and tucked. I am sure that would make a big difference. With all that money, I am very surprised that she hasn't yet. Or even if she put on some weight, the loose skin would lay better over some fat.

by Anonymousreply 17504/25/2013

Yep to the balloon animal. I am thinking yellow poodle.

by Anonymousreply 17604/25/2013

Yet she never got that big schnozz bobbed...or did she?

by Anonymousreply 17704/25/2013

R161, that is body dysmorphic! She made sure her skin is tanned and her teeth are blazing white but the outdated hair and color but never got the Italian nose scraped down. Her nose is the first and foremost thing she should have had done.

by Anonymousreply 17804/25/2013

Idk---honestly even if she has her nose fixed, her face would not look right. It is downright manly looking. Who knows if is caused by all the weight lifting or from steriod use.

by Anonymousreply 17904/25/2013

Yeah, looks like she got the Italian curse there. It can work on some guys but the women are always doomed. They don't seem to get it though. Why are some Italiany women in denial that their big noses but obsessive about tooth color?

by Anonymousreply 18004/25/2013

I am 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Austrian. My dad has the big hook nose and my mom has the smaller nose. Luckily, I wound up with my mom's nose. From a woman's point of view though, if I had gotten that big hooked nose, I would have gone right to a good plastic surgeon. It is not attractive on a women and your totally right: a lot of men can get away with an Italian nose just fine. Now, if my teeth needed some whitening I rather use White Strips becaue I hate the fake look of bleached white teeth. Everyone knows that either you had them bleached or you have veneers. So all women with the Italian curse, face the fact that it is big, unattractive and needs fixing. No more denial!

by Anonymousreply 18104/25/2013

Well here is a full description of the morbid story with pictures if u want to cut and past the following link:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373626

by Anonymousreply 18204/25/2013

aaaw, 182 is such a sweet ludite elder.

by Anonymousreply 18304/25/2013

Up w technology except for computer stuff. Yep, I admit it. Give me a break tho, I am in the medical field. lol

by Anonymousreply 18404/25/2013

I googled her name and found a court case / appeal filed in court.

His father (Steven Mastronardi) filed some type of case against her. She filed an appeal which was dismissed. Does anyone know what this could be about?

by Anonymousreply 18504/25/2013

Since it's family court, maybe a child custody issue?

by Anonymousreply 18604/25/2013

How dumb do you have to be not to be able to put the link in the box that says 'Url:' ?

by Anonymousreply 18704/25/2013

At least, Daddy wasn't a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 18804/25/2013

Maybe it was a custody thing and Steven Mastronardi filed the suit bc the wife was drunk while taking care of the young kids? As a grandparent, I would be pretty upset about that.

by Anonymousreply 18904/26/2013

Well I say it is time sterilize Iggy. Just in case she wants to have more kids with the new hubby. We don't need anymore dysfunctional parents out there.

by Anonymousreply 19004/26/2013

With a skeletal body like that I don't think she's menstruating anymore. And if she's on steroids...

by Anonymousreply 19104/26/2013

She's got a rock hard body appropriate for a modern day trophy wife? C'mon she is not what anyone would call a trophy wife. Looks like something straight out of a bad porn magazine. She is more like the consolation prize. If anyone can't see that, they nead a pair of very strong glasses.

by Anonymousreply 19204/26/2013

Your right 191, she probably stopped getting her monthly.

by Anonymousreply 19304/26/2013

Well, it turns out that Debra is pregnant again and is actually almost due with #4. I saw a pic of her which was prob taken right around the time she conceived and she actually looked pretty good: much healthier and she had gained a bit of weight. After seeing a bunch of pics of Debra with her kids, she actually does look like a caring mom, so I hope the kids turn out OK. It's Granito (the new hubby and father of #4) that is the problem bc that guy is a total douche bag. The only positive thing about him is at least he has a lot of money to support those young kids. The 3 she had with Mastronardi are very cute kids btw.

by Anonymousreply 19405/14/2013

I think I saw this Law and Order.

by Anonymousreply 19505/14/2013

Yeah sounds all straight out of a dramatic TV show, lol. Msn, people are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 19605/14/2013

It's amazing how after her husband supposedly plunged by accident to his death, she was engaged 5 months later and married shortly after. Now has a 4th child and is not the caring mother she would like the world to think she is. I knew her years back and her marriage to Keith was her 2nd marriage. So Paul is husband #3. She cheated on her first husband and pretty sure she cheated on her second (now deceased) husband. She is a real sleeze...... so sad for her kids and the family of the kid's father. A tradegy for them, apparently not for her. She is a gold digger and exercise freak.

by Anonymousreply 19702/19/2014

I know the Mastronardi family. What a wonderful family they are! Didn't know Debra but I certainly see it as a gold digger! Only out for the money! The new husband looks like a sleeze bag! Unfortunately the only one I feel for is the Mastronardi family and those beautiful children that were left behind!! So sad! I hope the Mastronardis are still part of their grandchildrens lives. That's probably what the court case was about. She probably wasn't allowing the grandparents to see the children. My opinion, she killed that father!

by Anonymousreply 19810/20/2014

Wow

by Anonymousreply 19910/20/2014

Who dredged up this shit and why?

by Anonymousreply 20010/20/2014

Because many of us hoped this was a start, like the old joke, "What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the sea? A START!"

Guess not. I was hoping in 2008 they'd be jumping from the highest windows like WS fuckers in 1929. Instead the worst of them and the bankers just got billions in bonuses since then. My how times have changed. No justice, self inflicted or inflicted by law.

by Anonymousreply 20110/20/2014

Who was looking after me?

by Anonymousreply 20210/20/2014

This couple sucks. She is clearly with him for his money. She obviously isn't attracted to him. She must take anti anxiety pills all day long. Older kids are well mannered, but the girl is unruly. No manners and thinks the world revolves around her. I don't see how this marriage works unless it's a business deal

by Anonymousreply 20307/06/2015

"A high flying"...the person writing that had a great sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 20407/06/2015
Need more help? Click Here.