Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Reba McEntire is a cunt.

She and Blake Shelton make Brokeback joke about Jake Gyllenhaal at awards show; crowd of hillbillies roar with laughter. Stay tuned for her wide-eyed, earnest appearances on the talk shows later this week. "I swear I didn't mean nutthin' by it, y'all! I have friends that are gay, for real!" Pure trash.

by Anonymousreply 17303/19/2013

Reba was one of GW Bushs biggest campaign supporters and fundraiser for the Republican party.

Almost all Country Music people are active political supporters of the Republican Party and American, but Reba went the extra mile and went on the bus tour with GW.

by Anonymousreply 104/04/2011

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2011

Another 18 dollars well spent.

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2011

I always loathed her OP.

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2011

I think you needed to make your choices a little more shit-stirring and trollish, OP: they just didn't seem to provoke the replies you were looking for.

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2011

This is almost too lame to be insulting.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2011

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2011

Why are you taking it out on Reba? Blake was the one who made the joke.

Why not bash him and title this thread Blake Shelton is a Cunt?

A bit sexist don't you think.

[quote] Reba was one of GW Bushs biggest campaign supporters and fundraiser for the Republican party

Other than donating money in 2004, link please. But I doubt you find any.

Kristin Chenoweth sang her heart out at TWO GW Bush Inaugural events (this was after he proposed a constitutional BAN on Same-sex marriage), but you don't call her a cunt. Double standard?

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2011

Why are the comments sections of Yahoo and similar sites always filled with right-wing trash spewing their bile?

by Anonymousreply 904/04/2011

Ain't no homos getin' in Country!!!

by Anonymousreply 1004/04/2011

She is an annoying, clown-faced cunt, but that joke was very mild.

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2011

[quote] Reba went the extra mile and went on the bus tour with GW.

Urban legend, that never happened. Find a link, but you won't cause it is a myth.

by Anonymousreply 1204/04/2011

r9 - because they aren't progressive. They found their preferred bitchin' posts about 13 years ago and they've been there ever since. You can pry their yahoo message boards from their cold dead fingers!!

Also, as an out gay, I've met and performed with Reba several times. Her niece and I are in a choir together and are both part of the touring choir of 15 people. Reba has invited us to concerts when she's in the area, and she's performed at ours, and every single time I've seen her she asks about my partner and how things are going with us, etc. If she's a homophobic cunt, she sure hides it well to little people like me who make absolutely no difference in her life one way or the other. She has no reason to try and impress me and she's genuinely nice and treats me with respect and dignity.

by Anonymousreply 1304/04/2011

Damn, us gays is so sensitive. I'm sure if it had been a fat joke, it would have been OK, if it had been a dumb blond joke, it would have been OK, if it had been a Lindsay Lohan, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, little person, Muslim.... it would have been fine. Get over yourselves. There was nothing homophobic in the 'joke'. It was wasn't very funny but it wasn't homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 1404/04/2011

by Anonymousreply 1504/04/2011

R8 You are being sarcastic or you are the local Republican poster on DL. Link.

"MARCH 11, 2011. Carrie Underwood, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley & More to Help Celebrate President George H. W. Bush%E2%80%99s Leadership"

by Anonymousreply 1604/04/2011

by Anonymousreply 1704/04/2011

[quote]Why are you taking it out on Reba? Blake was the one who made the joke.

Reba obviously rehearsed the material beforehand and approved the content. She set the joke up and did the hokey follow-up "moving right along..." a.k.a. "we're gonna make the gays mad!" Also, she's the one with an inexplicable gay following.

I didn't know the guy existed before today. He's obviously a cunt, but who cares?

[quote]A bit sexist don't you think.

I included a button in the poll just for you, dear. I'll try to scrounge up a question mark for you, too. It's a full service thread.

[quote]Reba has invited us to concerts when she's in the area, and she's performed at ours, and every single time I've seen her she asks about my partner and how things are going with us, etc.

How nice. What would happen if you invited her to your wedding?

by Anonymousreply 1804/04/2011

If this happened with a black artist at the BET awards or something this thread would be 500 replies.

by Anonymousreply 1904/04/2011

R16 He had left politics and it was a NON-partisan event.

This event was attended by Jimmy & Rosalyn Carter and Bill Clinton.

Yet I don't see you bashing them for attending.

by Anonymousreply 2004/04/2011

Blake Shelton made the joke, not Reba.%0D %0D The OP is an idiot who cannot discern and decipher the simplest of things and events.%0D %0D And I thought Reba was splendid last night in every way - she looked very beautiful and sang beautifully, besides hosting expertly.%0D %0D And the joke about Jake was funny.

by Anonymousreply 2104/04/2011

R18 Then why didn't you call Blake Shelton a CUNT in the title of the thread, he was the one who made the joke, not her.

It is okay to take it out on the female, but you refrain from taking it out on the male host who made the joke.

However you slice it, it is sexist to single out the woman who didn't make the joke, and give the male who made the joke a free ride.

There is no way to spin your sexist remark.

by Anonymousreply 2204/04/2011

Since OP didn't bother to quote the "offensive" "joke", here it is:

[quote]Reba: %E2%80%9CDon%E2%80%99t make jokes about Taylor Swift. If you make her mad, she%E2%80%99ll write a song about you.%E2%80%9D Reba then talked about how puzzled she is about the men who have ended romantic relationships with Taylor, specifically actor Jake Gyllenhaal, saying, %E2%80%98What [was he] thinking anyway?%E2%80%9D Blake%E2%80%98s response: %E2%80%9CWait a minute. He was in %E2%80%98Brokeback Mountain.%E2%80%99%E2%80%9D

Really, OP? This bland non-entity of a joke is what gets your panties in a twist?

by Anonymousreply 2304/04/2011

What was the joke?

by Anonymousreply 2404/04/2011

r21 She's still a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2504/04/2011

Why was Jake at the CMA awards?

by Anonymousreply 2604/04/2011

R16 nice try. But again other than Reba donating money to GWB in 2004, you cannot find any LEGITIMATE link linking her to the GOP.

Nice try, but you can't.

In the meantime you continue to give Kristin Chenoweth a free ride who sang her heart out at TWO GWB Inaugural events when he WAS in office.

Why give one person a free ride, and slam another?

Who's being the hypocrite?

by Anonymousreply 2704/04/2011

It is not even a joke.

Brokeback Mountain was not some holy relic. It was nothing but Same Time, Next Year with sodomy.

by Anonymousreply 2804/04/2011

I'd love to be fucked by Blake Shelton in a 1,000 different ways. Hillbilly hot.

by Anonymousreply 2904/04/2011

Blake Shelton's best song

by Anonymousreply 3004/04/2011

So if Reba is standing beside a white guy, who used the "n-word" in a joke and she laughed, but said nothing against it, she is A-ok and not a racist?

Doesn't work like that.

The producers of the CMAs cleared all of this in advance, it goes all the way to the top of the Country Music business. This incident, doesn't just reflect Reba, but general type of Americans who are into Country Music and think these bigoted jokes are funny.

by Anonymousreply 3104/04/2011

I don't understand the "joke."%0D %0D Jake G is a well-known heterosexual playboy.

by Anonymousreply 3204/04/2011

[quote] The producers of the CMAs cleared all of this in advance

That would be true IF it was the CMA organization, based in Nashville.

But it wasn't, it was the ACM which is based in LA.

by Anonymousreply 3304/04/2011

Plus Kristin Chenoweth appeared on Pat Robertson's 700th Club!

Reba has never once appeared on that show.

by Anonymousreply 3404/04/2011

Good God- WHO CARES???

by Anonymousreply 3504/04/2011

I'm always amazed that people like R13 can't put two and two together. Reba may be nice to YOU or other individuals, yet she donates money to help republicans get elected who HATE you and will work to marginalize your civil rights. Are you dense or just willfully stupid?

by Anonymousreply 3604/04/2011

I agree R35 Just some folks with nothing but time on their hands. Let this thread die and move on. Non-issue

by Anonymousreply 3704/04/2011

[quote]However you slice it, it is sexist to single out the woman who didn't make the joke, and give the male who made the joke a free ride.

Who's slicing? You asked me that question once, I answered it, and you keep saying, "nuh-UH!" I get it. You're offended. I'm offended. We're all offended.

[quote]Really, OP? This bland non-entity of a joke is what gets your panties in a twist?

by Anonymousreply 3804/04/2011

Again R36 she only made ONE political donation in the past ten years.

Hardly what I would call someone who is trying to marginalize our civil rights.

And again posters like R36 choose to ignore Kristin Chenoweth ties to the GOP

by Anonymousreply 3904/04/2011

Loretta Lynn has an openly gay grandson if anyone is interested to know.

by Anonymousreply 4004/04/2011

I thought many of you think that Jake is, indeed, gay so it is absurd to be offended at the joke - a joke which is saying he might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 4104/04/2011

OP is a hypocritical, bigoted cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4204/04/2011

R40, and the relevance of that is what exactly?%0D %0D just interesting, or what?

by Anonymousreply 4304/04/2011

Reba's sitcom is actually one of the 10 best of the last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 4404/04/2011

Blake Shelton has more gay in this face than a cattle call for RuPaul's Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 4504/04/2011

"other than Reba donating money to GWB in 2004, you cannot find any LEGITIMATE link linking her to the GOP."

While I think OP is being silly, this comment is hilarious.

It's like saying, "Just because I paid $1,000 for ONE ticket to see Lady Gaga doesn't mean I go to Lady Gaga concerts!"

Giving money to George W. Bush is an irrefutable link to the GOP -- and a sign of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 4604/04/2011

R14 all the categories you've mentioned don't have laws made to discriminate against them. They aren't subject to Constitutional amendments and having their hujan rights abrogated.%0D %0D Yeah, these are rather bland remarks on their face,but they foster a climate of intolerance and make people feel comfortable ridiculing us. Yes, Us. Get past your antipathy for Jake Gyllenhaal, if you have some, and realize this was a joke ridiculing gays.%0D %0D I'm real tired of being the butt of someone's jokes when I know damned well they aren't supportive of our concerns. At. All. In fact, they actively work against them. %0D %0D Those Christian assholes in that auditorium last night, and millions who watched snickered and hafd a good laugh, because everyone knows what a coded phrase like "brokeback mountain" means.. %0D %0D Let's break it down: Taylor's so beautiful, such a great girl, why did he break up with her? %0D So she's perfect & something must be "wrong" with...Jake, but oh, he was BBM, so the the something "wrong" is being gay. %0D %0D It was an iunsulting homophobic comment veiled as a joke. And it was so "bland" it made the People magazine website as a memorable quote. %0D %0D This isn't about Jake, or Reba, it's about a specific demographic who means us harm. At the very least we should be calling for Blake Shelton to be fired from NBC's Voice before it goes on the air. He's an ignorant, nasty slob.%0D %0D I just think it's important not to become so innured to these insults we accept them as our due and start parsing about Reba's politeness to gays. There were millions of Southern whites in the 1950's who had their "pet" Black people. %0D %0D We really need to cut the crap. The Country Music community has not earned the right to ridicule me. A buffoon like Blake Shelton needs to be put in his place. I think NBC ought to hear from us.

by Anonymousreply 4704/04/2011

It's 2004 I have a probloem with. Giving Bush money in 2004 is especially telling. By 2004 we knew what a bastard they were. We definitely knew they meant us harm and we knew the Iraq war was a fraud. %0D %0D Reba probably sat out the 2000 election because Al Gore was from Tennessee. But the Christian conservatives who populate her demographic were definitely on the Bush team in 2004 and so was she. She probably did it as a "patriot."

by Anonymousreply 4804/04/2011

Jake Gyllenhaal is gay and lies like a Evangelical Preacher. He is an embarrassment to the LGBT community and anytime Dr. James Dobson wants to take Jake and "cure him of his homosexual condition", is fine with me. It won't work, but strapping Jake to a slab and electrocuting him, would be entertaining at least.

Believe me, I don't want Jake to be one of us.

I don't think you need to call Reba the c-word, just call her what she is, an anti-gay Republican supporter, like almost all Country Music stars, fans and radio.

by Anonymousreply 4904/04/2011

Why is a joke saying or insinuating that Jake is or might be gay considered 'ridicule' or 'insulting'.%0D %0D It is is not ridiculing nor insulting at all to have it joked that Jake is or might be gay!

by Anonymousreply 5004/04/2011

[quote]Why is a joke saying or insinuating that Jake is or might be gay considered 'ridicule' or 'insulting'.

You are either very very young or straight to not know that one straight person insinuating another might be gay is about the worst insult you can make in that community.

by Anonymousreply 5104/04/2011

R49, you are woefully pitifully out-of-date and outmoded.%0D %0D Country music fans are not predominantly all republicans nor anti-gay at all.%0D %0D Neither are country music performers.%0D %0D You, R49, exist in a bubble that never left 1978.

by Anonymousreply 5204/04/2011

You, R51, are also woefully pitifully out-of-date and outmoded in your thinking.%0D %0D Also it is never an insult or ridicule to be called gay.%0D %0D There is nothing insulting or ridiculing about being gay.%0D %0D And people in show business, even in country music, are way more advanced that you in your outmoded thinking, give them credit for.

by Anonymousreply 5304/04/2011

Oh good GAWD, some of you queens can get your panties in a wad over the stupidest things. If you're this upset over this nothing joke I'd hate to see you if someone called you a FAG in a public place.

by Anonymousreply 5404/04/2011

Loretta Lynn used to do bus tours with Bush Sr. %0D %0D But Reba is a wreck. Phony. Plastic surgery ridden. Ego maniacal. Her singing is like hearing the hounds bark. The idea that's just 'Reba' ala Madonna, Cher is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 5504/04/2011

sorry, 'than you in your outmoded thinking give them credit for'

by Anonymousreply 5604/04/2011

I glanced at the title and thought is said "Reba McEntire is uncut"

by Anonymousreply 5704/04/2011

R57: Only until I run into that hussy in a dark alley.

by Anonymousreply 5804/04/2011

Here are photos of Reese Witherspoon and Taylor Swift laughing together during the ACM awards last night.%0D %0D Do you think they were talking about how lame Jake is?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5904/04/2011

R54, you don't get it. These casual slurs create a climate where people can feel comfortable calling you out as a fag in a public place. This guy did this on network TV.%0D %0D %0D Will someone please explain to me, what is the threshold for us, when does it get too bad and we have to draw the line? Because I can put up with Kathy Griffin or someone like that, but as I said, the Country Music Community has not earned the right to make snide comments ridiculing sexual orientation.%0D %0D And no matter who their target was, or their intent, I'm no mindreader, so I find it insulting, demeaning, and ignorant. It sends the wrong fucking message. I'm sick and tired of trying to second guess people with the "Oh, I didn't really mean it that way> I was just kidding!" Fuck that.%0D %0D R53, of course there is nothing "WRONG" with being gay. Except if the person calling you gay thinks something is wrong with you. These people use the Gay, BBM thing as an insult. They said as much as they could get away with.%0D %0D I've sent an e-mail to NBC and I intend to call them. I want them to know I will not be watching Blake Shelton on The Voice. He's a pig.

by Anonymousreply 6004/04/2011

Just as black jokes and Jewish jokes are best left to black and Jewish comedians, gay jokes are best left to gays and a certain type of unimpeachably gay-friendly lady. Reba, determinedly sassy and beloved on Broadway though she may be, is not that lady.

If your fan base is primarily composed of the class of person who use the American flag for decorative purposes, then you should not touch gay tweaking jokes with a barge poll -- unless you want to look like you're playing up to bigots for laughs.

I doubt Reba McEntire is homophobic on a personal level, but top 40 country fans would not, by and large, represent America at its most enlightened. Reba should be smart enough to know this.

I do agree, however, that the bulk of the anger over this attempted bit of comedy patter (I refuse to term something so fundamentally unfunny a "joke") should be directed at Blake Shelton (whoever he may be).

by Anonymousreply 6104/04/2011

R60, only someone ashamed and embarassed about being gay would get as upset as you are about a joke saying Jake is gay.

by Anonymousreply 6204/04/2011

Most of DL claims Jake as a homo. But do we really think middle America thinks he's gay, too? This surprises me.

by Anonymousreply 6304/04/2011

R46 & OP

It is interesting how you guys keep calling Reba such horrible names for giving money to GWB (which is her ONLY link to the GOP), yet not one word about Kristen Chenoweth.

You guys cannot have it both ways, as it is a double standard.

by Anonymousreply 6404/04/2011

R38 you agree you are being sexist. Good to know that you fessed up to it.

by Anonymousreply 6504/04/2011

[quote] It's like saying, "Just because I paid $1,000 for ONE ticket to see Lady Gaga doesn't mean I go to Lady Gaga concerts!"

So just because Kristin Chenowith appeared on Pat Robertson's 700 Club, doesn't mean she supports Pat Robertson's anti-gay views?

Just because Kristin Chenowith sang at TWO GWB Inagural concerts, doesn't mean she supports the anti-gay stance of GWB.

Again R46 you cannot have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 6604/04/2011

[quote] just call her what she is, an anti-gay Republican supporter

Which you would have to call Kristin Chenowith as well.

by Anonymousreply 6804/04/2011

OP has a bit of Touret's- %0D %0D Nothing in this item comes close to warrenting this bile- except perhaps the anger of the poster- which of course has little to do with Reba.%0D %0D This is one of those posts that is more about the free floating anger of people- venting on the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 6904/04/2011

Reba seems to be a target to hatred on Datalounge. The anger should be directed at Blake Shelton, the one who made the joke. Hopefully this thread will die down.

by Anonymousreply 7004/04/2011

Warning: put on your sunglasses before you troll-dar this thread.

In all 16 of your posts about my supposed sexism and Kristin Chenoweth and Loretta Lynn, R65, you haven't said one word about that cunt Reba McEntire. How odd.

by Anonymousreply 7104/04/2011

I have, as I said other than Reba donating in 2004, what are her other links to the GOP.

Answer, none.

On the other hand Kristin Chenoweth sang at TWO GWB inaugurals and appeared on 700 Club.

So be fair. If you say Reba is anti-gay, you must also include Kristin anti-gay as well.

Otherwise you can't have it both ways, so who is being the hypocrite?

by Anonymousreply 7204/04/2011

It takes one to know one look like- OP.

by Anonymousreply 7304/04/2011

[quote]everyone knows what a coded phrase like "brokeback mountain" means.. %0D %0D How could anyone NOT know what the phrase "Brokeback Mountain" stands for? It's not a code if everyone is America is in on it.%0D %0D That's what happens when you make a famous movie about a controversial subject. The phrase "Lost Weekend" is still used to refer to an alcoholic bender more than sixty years after the movie came out. We still describe stay-at-home women as "Stepford Wives" and call UFO sightings "Close Encounters." I'm sure there are dozens of other examples of movie titles becoming readily understod catch phrases.

by Anonymousreply 7404/04/2011

Show me anywhere I said anything nice about Kristen Chenoweth, crazy pants R72. I don't support her at all. You're mixing me up with some other poster.

But even if Kristen Chenoweth is the biggest homophobe on the face of the earth, it doesn't make Reba McEntire any less of a cunt. If you don't think the joke is any big deal, just say so instead of being all, "but-but-but every other bad person in the world!"

Thanks for the tut-tut, charlie. It's all just such a shame, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 7504/04/2011

That is fine OP. As long as you are being consistent. My only beef was that you had to include Kristin in your rants about Reba being anti-gay, as Kristin aligned herself with GWB as well.

But since you see both ladies as anti-gay, great. You are being consistent. Good for you.

You are NOT a hypocrite.

Feel better?

by Anonymousreply 7604/04/2011

[quote] If you don't think the joke is any big deal

Then you should be taking your anger out on the person who SAID the joke, which wasn't Reba.

by Anonymousreply 7704/04/2011

If Blake Shelton murdered Taylor Swift and her entire family right there at the podium, Reba McEntire would still be a cunt for not cutting that joke in rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 7804/04/2011

It's a very weak joke but I'm not getting the homophobia of it. The joke was that since Jake's most famous role was as a homosexual, he wasn't into Taylor. Har har. It's like wondering why Robert Pattison avoids the beach. He's a vampire. Har har.

by Anonymousreply 7904/04/2011

Seriously - I'm gay, so I hate her for her pinched face, bad hair and sequins. That's pretty much all I need.

by Anonymousreply 8004/04/2011

Reba is great towards her gay fans.%0D %0D Britney Spears, Beyonce and Ricky Martin all either performed for Bush or spoke well of him during his eight years in office. So get off your high horse OP. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8104/04/2011

Reba and Blake mouthed the setup and punchline to the gay Jake joke, but it's clear neither is clever enough to come up with even a lame joke like that. Scripted.

And that Blake guy can dish it out, but boy is he sensitive. He got angry with Carson Daly for twittering a review of Blake's hosting performance that night:

Carson Daly: Cheering on blakeshelton at country awards deal. Great performance for a guy who can't play guitar:)

Blake: Dickweed.

by Anonymousreply 8204/04/2011

Everyone gets made of (or teased) if you will. EVERYONE! WE ALL DO IT! Lay off the fucking hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 8304/04/2011

[quote]other than Reba donating money to GWB in 2004, you cannot find any LEGITIMATE link linking her to the GOP.

I don't understand why giving money to get Bush elected isn't a "legitimate link". Anyone who gives money to get a Republican elected can't exactly be pro gay. So what if others also supported Bush? That makes them Uncle Toms or hypocrites, too.

If DL is going to slam Elton for playing for Rush, then they can sure as hell slam Reba for financially supporting the re-election of Bush.

by Anonymousreply 8404/04/2011

Reba honoring her pal Bush -

by Anonymousreply 8504/04/2011

What did JAKE say about all this?

by Anonymousreply 8604/05/2011

R85 This was an event BOTH Bill Clinton and Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter participated as well.

It was a NON-partisan event

by Anonymousreply 8704/05/2011

R84 that is a legitimate link, but my point is no one can find ANOTHER legitimate link linked her to the GOP

As R81 said

[quote] Britney Spears, Beyonce and Ricky Martin all either performed for Bush or spoke well of him during his eight years in office.

So be fair

by Anonymousreply 8804/05/2011

Reba looked her absolute best at the ceremony!

by Anonymousreply 8904/05/2011

I'm actually more offended that Trollface Swift was handed the "Entertainer of the Year" award despite the fact that the bitch can't sing a lick.

by Anonymousreply 9004/05/2011

The crowd reaction to the "joke" was wild cheering and laughter. That good ol' boy, he really showed 'em.

by Anonymousreply 9104/06/2011

True story: When I was little I had a Reba CD. One day I put it in the CD player and pushed play. It played for awhile, then quit. I forgot about it, until my CD player shorted and CAUGHT ON FIRE.

I've known since the age of 7 that woman is pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 9204/06/2011

her pussy is old and worn-out

by Anonymousreply 9304/06/2011

I can't believe no one has mentioned Kristin Chenowith! I believe she performed for Bush (TWICE!) and appeared on the 700 Club too!

by Anonymousreply 9404/06/2011

I think celebrities who performed for Bush or any other Rethuglican for that matter, deserve their own thread. It would be very enlightening on the eve of our next presidential campaign. I especially think the ones who performed for him in 2004 deserve special notice. By 2004 we knew what we knew.

by Anonymousreply 9504/06/2011

kid rock is another brainless twat republican

by Anonymousreply 9604/06/2011

Back to Reba's cuntiness: I have to say that overall, I do hate the phoney, "Country dumnb" politesse that a lot of these Country music celebrities pretend to. I always liked the more modern ones because they seem more real, Shania Twain being my favorite example. Can't stand Carrie Underwood. Or Taylor Swift.%0D %0D Reba is typical of someone who feigns being "down to earth" and "regular" and she is as bitchy, and underhanded, and fake as the rest. %0D %0D I think there's this culture of having "good manners" that Southern girls subscribe to, but they can slice you up, cut your throat, or set you up smiling sweetly all the while. %0D %0D Funny. With all the rumors about Joe Jonas, and Taylor Lautner, their names never come up. The comments were written as part of the script, they were rehearsed, and they were delivered. They were meant to ridicule Taylor as much as anyone. The funnier joke would have been remarking on Taylor'd virginity.

by Anonymousreply 9704/06/2011

Would the Reba defenders please post links to the many pro-gay things Ste. Reba has said? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 9804/06/2011

Taylor Swift is Reba 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 9904/06/2011

Kristin Chenoweth continues her GOP Hugging ways by signing up to be a regular on Country Music TV reality show CMT Next Superstar

by Anonymousreply 10004/06/2011

Good god, what hillbilly, loathsome trash you Americans have as entertainers...this mousy little gutter trash can barely speak the Queen's English......good lord on a flotilla....terrrrrrrashhhhhhhh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10104/06/2011

Wait a sec, didn't Blake Shelton just say what y'all have been saying all this time?

by Anonymousreply 10204/06/2011

Blake Shelton and girl friend Miranda Lambert were the stars of the show.%0D %0D %0D Apparently, women now rule country music. Carrie Underwood was Entertainer of the Year last year and Taylor Swift now has the title. There was a time when women in country music were hardly recognized.

by Anonymousreply 10304/07/2011

Wow, a thread about hillbillies, their stupidity and the noise they claim is music.

Things have really slipped here.

by Anonymousreply 10404/07/2011

Wait, why is she the cunt when Blake Shelton made the comment?

He has a history of making homophobic comments. Methink he doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 10504/07/2011

It is official: the vast majority of DLers love calling women cunts (even when it's a guy who made a offensive remark).

by Anonymousreply 10604/07/2011

R106 it should come as no surprise as some here at DL are anti-woman

by Anonymousreply 10704/07/2011

What other homophobic comments has Blake Shelton made, R105?

by Anonymousreply 10804/07/2011

Why split hairs. As someone mentioned upthread, Blake Shelton may have said the words, but this was in the script, he didn't blurt it out, and Reba knew it, and they rehearsed it, and no one said take it out, it's wrong and it's not even funny, and it makes us look stupid. %0D %0D Admittedly, Blake clearly thought it was cool, and wouldn't know stupid if it bit him in the ass, so yes, you could say they're both equally responsible. %0D %0D Reba is probably the most influential of the two, so I guess I'm reverting to my Granny's old philosophy "She's older and should have known better!" %0D %0D Of course, it was loudly applauded and was the quotable comment of the night, so Blake and Reba probably think everything is just fine...and in their world it probably is. %0D %0D If you want to address Blake Shelton, he can be found on NBC's new show, The Voice where he is the host.

by Anonymousreply 10904/07/2011

R109 so you are saying someone who is just standing beside someone who makes an offense joke is equally responsible, even if they said nothing?

So in your logic on The View Joy Behar who sits at the same table as Elisabeth Hasselbeck is just as responsible for all the right-wing rhetoric she spouts?

Or what about a talk show host who invites an anti-gay politician to their show. Is the host anti-gay as well, because they are on a show that bares the hosts name?

by Anonymousreply 11004/07/2011

Why not start right at the top? The ACM show is produced by Dick Clark productions and he is executive producer.

Why not call him a cunt, since it is he who runs the whole show. Plus where is the blame for the writer who 'wrote' the joke? Where is the blame for him in this?

by Anonymousreply 11104/07/2011

Dave Boone (Brad Garrett's writing partner) is the one who writes the opening monologue of jokes.

So why don't we direct some of the 'cuntness' towards the person who actually wrote the joke!

by Anonymousreply 11204/07/2011

CBS approved the joke

Dick Clark was behind the joke

Dave Boone wrote the joke

Blake Shelton said the joke

And Reba who had nothing to do with the joke is being called a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 11304/07/2011

If CBS president Les Moonves recruited Dick Clark, Dave Boone, and Blake Shelton to storm into a PFLAG meeting, rape and murder every single attendee -- men, women, the young and old, the healthy and infirm -- then burn the building to the ground, while shooting Teflon bullets at the firefighters trying to save the building and the victims' remains; while also ordering all CBS programming preempted by an anti-gay manifesto on a loop to inform the country that this one PFLAG meeting was only the first stop on their reign of terror and mayhem...

...while, at the same time, Reba McEntire, inexplicably gifted with the ability to control time and space, transported herself back to Laramie, Wyoming, in October, 1998, to pull Matthew Shepard off that fence, swoop him up into her arms, and soared through the air with him like Supergirl to the nearest hospital, saving his life and bringing tears of joy and relief to millions of people across the country and world, and setting off a chain of events that led to the worldwide acceptance of LGBT people and the institution of equal rights and gay marriage in every country in the world...

...even then, with all the pain and suffering caused by Les and his crew, and the happiness and freedom Reba brought to the world...

...Reba would still be a cunt for not cutting that joke in rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 11404/07/2011

Reba has weight and standing. If she heard that joke in rehearsal, and said, "No way. I won't participate. Your on your own if you do this." And walked off the stage, even if just for the two minutes or however long it took. Because by participating, including setting up the joke, she is culpable. She was not "just standiung there." She was a co-equal participant. She shares the shame and the blame. She was no innocent bystander. And yes, if you like get in touch with les Moonves, and Boone and Dick Clark and whom ever, because this was a shabby display of ignorance. Unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 11504/07/2011

Can't help noticing that all the men who were involved in the joke get a free pass, yet the woman is called a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11604/07/2011

So when Kristin Chenowith appears on 700 Club she is a co-equal participant with the values of Pat Robertson.

by Anonymousreply 11704/07/2011

R117 has also posted at R8, R12, R20, R22, R27, R30, R33, R34, R37, R39, R40, R64, R65, R66, R67, R68, R70, R72, R76, R77, R107, R110, R111, R112, R113, and R116.

She's either that cunt Reba McEntire, or one of her hick fans. This thread would die if you would quit bumping it, you crazy freak.

by Anonymousreply 11804/07/2011

R103, how dare you mention the name of Patsy Cline and Taylor Swift in one breath. That's heresy. That Swift thing is not a singer by any stretch of imagination.

by Anonymousreply 11904/07/2011

OK OP you win. Reba McEntire is a ***C*U*N*T**** with a CAPITAL C!

Feel better?

by Anonymousreply 12004/07/2011

[quote]Reba McEntire is a ***C*U*N*T**** with a CAPITAL C!

Listen to your filthy mouth, you fucking whore!

by Anonymousreply 12104/07/2011

OP Needs to be on a Quadruple Valium - STAT!

by Anonymousreply 12204/09/2011

I just saw Brad Paisley's "This is Country Music" video on Youtube - maybe OP should be posting about Brad. His new video is the biggest piece of right-wing Republican American Propaganda I have seen in 20 years. Nazi Germany would have loved to have a Brad Paisley of it's own.

by Anonymousreply 12304/10/2011

Most of them are like Brad Paisley. Carrie Underwood, Reba, Blake Shelton, of course, Miranda Lambert, they are all like that. %0D %0D Johnny Cash would roll over in his grave if he could see what a bunch of pound scum are out here wrapping themselves in the label of country.%0D %0D These people are the heirs to the people who deserted LBJ and the Democratic Party by the hundreds of thousands after the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were signed into law. These are "social"Conservatives.%0D %0D They hate and fear everyone. They'd rather be dirt poor with no healthcare and no jobs than%0D support something that might benefit Blacks, or Gays. They hate both with a passion. To them we are unnatural. We are perverted and disgusting and sub-human. Just like Blacks.

by Anonymousreply 12404/10/2011

All I know is that video by Brad Paisley is SCARY, an American version of Nazi Propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 12504/10/2011

Boy, that R120 sure is a cunt, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 12604/10/2011

How come nobody ever talks about Reba's firecrotch?

by Anonymousreply 12704/10/2011

Brad Paisley, The American Taliban

by Anonymousreply 12804/10/2011

Love your country and flag...while we give all your money to the rich!

by Anonymousreply 12904/10/2011

Brad Paisley is a huge supporter of the anti-gay Republican Bill Frist. The guy who introduced the Federal Marriage Amendment to the US Congress in 2005. I wonder how his wife, Kimberly Williams-Pailsey, still gets acting gigs? Hollywood is not nearly as homophobic as Country Music.

by Anonymousreply 13004/10/2011

Brokeback mountain jokes were everywhere for quite awhile after the movie came out. Straight guys loved to make uncomfortable jokes about it, including DL faves. This is notable why, OP?

by Anonymousreply 13104/10/2011

I'm not OP, but I find it notable that someone made a joke about it, on national TV, and got a really good reception with the audience applauding wildly....six years after the fact.%0D %0D %0D You know perfectly well, some people use "Brokback Mountain" because they want to get their point across, without coming right out and saying what they really want to say. This lets the right people know how they feel.%0D %0D This way they can be derising, mocking, and insulting and people will say, oh it was a joke. They meant no harm. I'm not a shrink. I don't know what people "meant," I only know what people do.%0D %0D If people are comfortable being derided, mocked and insulted, then, hey, no problem. it seems that Brokeback Mountain and it's variations, are words/phrases that can be used to mock and deride gay people with out ever coming out and ridiculing us.

by Anonymousreply 13204/10/2011

I will tolerate this cunt anyday over a bunch of oversensitive fags, who aren't man enough to not get offended by such a weak 'joke.'

by Anonymousreply 13304/11/2011

It is like the 'N' word. Some feel it is okay for blacks to use that word because they own it. But not okay for others.

Same with any Brokeback Mountain joke.

That is the way some in the community feel. We can make jokes about BBM, but not others.

by Anonymousreply 13404/11/2011

Reba has the clout to refuse to participate in the joke. The fact that she did not is appalling considering that she knows she has many gay fans and she employs many gay people in her home and shoe design businesses.

by Anonymousreply 13504/11/2011

Reba sent her band to fly in horrible conditions - ahead of her, she didn't leave at the same time, and the plane crashed killing them. She used this as springboard to fame. That's the ONLY REASON she's famous now. It was on the news and she exploited it endlessly. The next thing you know she's invited to perform at the Oscars and stupid, stupid Hollywood embraced this corn prone hillbilly. The rest has been our loss. She is fugly, can't help but strangle musical notes and she thinks she is an actress (!)- as if!!

by Anonymousreply 13604/11/2011

The show must go on R136

by Anonymousreply 13704/11/2011

Reba did organize a memorial service for the Band that perished in the crash. She flew in the families to Nashville and put them up in nice hotels at her expense.

She also organized a tribute concert starring herself and other artists. Proceeds from that concert were put into a trust and divided equally among the families.

So it is not like she did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 13804/11/2011

Brad Paisley dated the lesbian Chely Wright. What does Brad have to say now that Chely has come out?

by Anonymousreply 13904/11/2011

He refuses comment R139

Chely did say in her book that Brad is extremely conservative

by Anonymousreply 14004/11/2011

"Chely did say in her book that Brad is extremely conservative"

No Sh*it. If you saw his new release "This is Country Music". Country Music is only for Jesus loving, Red, White and Blue Americans.

Brad Paisley is like a skinny version of Rush Limbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 14104/11/2011

I can't stand Brad Paisley. On the other hand, Toby Keith is a woofy bear who looks like he wouldn't mind being on the receiving end of a blow job, if his wife was not around.

by Anonymousreply 14204/12/2011

I watched the show and remember 'the joke'. He didn't say anything bad about gays. He speculated whether JG was gay or not. How is that different from what we do here ALL the time? OP is a pathetic, button pushing asshat who's biggest claim to fame is creating a thread which got 142 responses.

by Anonymousreply 14304/12/2011

In fairness, R143, this thread is not my ONLY claim to fame. I once won a Nirvana cassette for being the fifth caller to a radio station.

[quote]How is that different from what we do here ALL the time?

It's quite different. Considering that you actually watched the country music awards, I don't expect you to have the wherewithal to grasp the subtleties involved.

by Anonymousreply 14404/12/2011

Thanks a lot, OP. I was saving that for the title of my memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 14504/12/2011

Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert make such a cute couple!

by Anonymousreply 14604/13/2011

I'm beginning to wonder if you have to "bash a fag" to get a record contract in Country? Sort of like the drug gangs make you kill somebody to get a membership.

by Anonymousreply 14704/14/2011

I wonder how many DLers slamming Reba are the same ones drooling all over Blake Shelton on "The Voice." Not that the hypocrisy would be in the least bit surprising, of course.

by Anonymousreply 14805/04/2011

r148 = biggest cunt award for bumping up a dead thread just to start shit!

by Anonymousreply 14905/04/2011

Amen, r133.

by Anonymousreply 15005/04/2011

Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert got married and are now Mr. and Mrs. Country Music.

by Anonymousreply 15106/04/2011

REBA is a legend. She was just inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame:%0D %0D %0D "Two groundbreaking artists from Oklahoma and a songwriter with top hits in five decades were welcomed into the Country Music Hall of Fame in a two-and-a-half hour Medallion Ceremony on May 22, 2011.%0D %0D %0D Bobby Braddock, Reba McEntire and Jean Shepard listened as an all-star lineup of talent, including several fellow Hall of Famers, took the stage to pay tribute by performing songs associated with the inductees. Each new Hall of Fame member responded with emotional speeches thanking family members and those who were important to their careers.%0D %0D %0D "Oh my God, this has been a night of surprises," McEntire said after accepting her Hall of Fame medallion from Dolly Parton, who gave the redhead's induction speech-one of the surprises for McEntire.%0D %0D %0D Braddock, known for his humor in songs and conversation, added, "As I look out here and see my beloved family and close friends, leaders in the music community, and people who have been singing my songs and singing my praises, it's like getting to go to your own funeral without having to die. How awesome is that?"%0D %0D %0D Shepard, after accepting her medallion from longtime friend George Jones, quipped, with characteristic salty wit, "Thanks for showing up George," a reference to the legendary singer's nickname of "No Show Jones," given to him during rougher periods of his life when he occasionally missed scheduled concert appearances. She then illustrated other characteristics of her personality by bluntly discussing the challenges she faced early in her career, when she broke ground as one of the first female country music stars-"back when there were none of us," as she put it. Shepard made an impassioned plea for the CMA to induct more veterans like herself who haven't yet received the honor of Hall of Fame membership.%0D %0D %0D For the new inductees, the "surprises" included many unannounced performances and appearances by fellow artists. Participants in the program included Bill Anderson, Garth Brooks, guitarist Jimmy Capps, Kelly Clarkson, Elizabeth Cook, Billy Currington, Doug Green (Ranger Doug of western quartet Riders in the Sky), Vince Gill, George Jones, Millie Kirkham, Miranda Lambert, Tracy Lawrence, Martina McBride, Charlie McCoy, the McCrary Sisters, Susie McEntire Eaton, Dolly Parton, Blake Shelton and Trisha Yearwood.%0D %0D %0D Anderson, Gill, Jones, McCoy and Parton are also members of the Country Music Hall of Fame. Other Hall of Fame members who attended to welcome the new members to the fold were Harold Bradley, Ralph Emery, Jim Foglesong, Jimmy Fortune of the Statler Brothers, Sonny James, Brenda Lee, Barbara Mandrell, Billy Sherrill, Gordon Stoker, Ray Walker and Curtis Young of the Jordanaires, Jo Walker-Meador and Bud Wendell.%0D %0D %0D Considered country music's most prestigious event, the Medallion Ceremony represents the official induction of new Hall of Fame members. After a two-hour cocktail reception in the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum's Conservatory, the ceremony moved inside the Museum's intimate Ford Theater. Gill, president of the Museum's board of officers and trustees, opened with a performance of the gospel standard "Down by the Riverside," with stirring harmonies and tambourine accompaniment provided by the McCrary Sisters."

by Anonymousreply 15206/28/2011

I don't give a hoot about REBA but I would do anything to go down on TOBY KEITH.

by Anonymousreply 15308/15/2011

Reba = whore

by Anonymousreply 15408/15/2011

Reba McEntire broke up her current husband's marriage.

by Anonymousreply 15508/15/2011

r153 just made me gag.

You have HORRIBLE taste.

And I bet Tobey Keith tastes horrible.

by Anonymousreply 15608/15/2011

[quote]REBA is a legend. She was just inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.%0D %0D What does that have to do with the topic?%0D

by Anonymousreply 15708/15/2011

I can't even watch her. She is a nasty republican.

by Anonymousreply 15808/15/2011
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!