Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

9/11 families object to long-standing memorial plans

[quote]%E2%80%9CTo allow remains to be put in a museum, really for gawkers,%E2%80%9D marveled Sally Regenhard, the mother of a 28-year-old probationary firefighter and aspiring writer, Christian, who died on Sept. 11, 2001. %E2%80%9CI personally feel I%E2%80%99ve been robbed of access to where my son%E2%80%99s remains are potentially being buried. My entire family, we will never go in there. This is a post-traumatic stress situation waiting to happen.%E2%80%9D

Ka-ching!

by Anonymousreply 3205/12/2013

1) She thinks people who go to memorial museums are "gawkers"?

2) It was ten years ago. GET OVER IT.

by Anonymousreply 104/03/2011

It may be a "memorial" to you but [italic]sob[/italic] (careful! don't let tears spill! mind the makeup!) to US, it's a GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 204/03/2011

Please note that the remains will be in a separate room off limits to all but the families. The objection is that people will be able to look (excuse me, gawk) at an outside wall of the room. You know, the way people gawk at the surface of the water in Pearl Harbor. People can be so cruel.

by Anonymousreply 304/03/2011

Sally Regenhard is grotesque--Lisa Beamer may be appalling for being the 9-11 survivor who most tried to profit off her loved one's memory, but Regenhard is the 9-11 survivor who has used her mourning mother status mostly to bully people. I would like to see someone stand up to her publicly and call her out at her asshole behavior. Having your (adult!) child die is horrible, but it does not give you the excuse to go around for ten years bullying people.

by Anonymousreply 404/03/2011

"The Families" which have raked in untold millions as despair victim junkies need to STFU already. What did they think that money was for? To keep them QUIET!

by Anonymousreply 504/03/2011

bimp

by Anonymousreply 604/03/2011

R5 = Dick Cheney tracking the incoming plane that buzzed the Pentagon the morning of 9/11 as per Norm Mineta's eyewitness testimony that was excluded from the "Final Report" of the 9/11 Commission.

by Anonymousreply 704/03/2011

Were there that many remains? Didn't they send identifying parts, legs and such, to the family to be buried?

by Anonymousreply 804/03/2011

The 9/11 families are all tourists. New Yorkers would never behave like this.

by Anonymousreply 904/04/2011

Well, I called the other 9/11 widows opportunistic harpies. Give me a chance to come up with something you can appreciate, r4.

by Anonymousreply 1004/04/2011

The survivor families have been fighting from Day 1 to keep the memorial from being hijacked by various agendas. At one point, it was going to be a Holocaust memorial so they started screaming to beat that down.

The whole thing has been a now decade long battle between opportunists and families, and although there has recently been some work occurring in the hole, we could have fought WW2 twice before anything visable appeared there.

Although I hear the rebuilt subway station is nice.

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2011

Fine, let the Right turn it into a Nationalistic Military Industrial Complex Memorial, assholes. You better thank these families for road blocking a lot of this crap! It'll be used to suit an agenda for future propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 1204/04/2011

R11, One World Trade Center...Freedom Tower...is now at 65 stories.

The remains rightfully belong to the families, not as part of this memorial. Why don't they do that?

by Anonymousreply 1304/04/2011

[quote]At one point, it was going to be a Holocaust memorial so they started screaming to beat that down.

Bullshit. Downtown Manhattan already has a holocaust memorial.

by Anonymousreply 1404/04/2011

R13, I believe the remains they have are fragments that, for one reason or another, cannot be identified with DNA testing.%0D %0D As late as a year or two ago bone fragments were found on the Deutsche Bank roof.%0D %0D I believe that no remains were found for 40% of the people killed. That is the nature of a building collapse of this magnitude.

by Anonymousreply 1504/04/2011

[quote]I believe that no remains were found for 40% of the people killed. That is the nature of a building collapse of this magnitude.

Nonsense, R15. They are alive and are being held in the federal detention facility under the Denver Airport.

by Anonymousreply 1604/04/2011

Listen, R16, I'm a professional disinformation spreader and I need this job.%0D %0D Everyone just ignore what R16 wrote.

by Anonymousreply 1704/04/2011

Is Sally Regenhard still crapping on about the "ground zero mosque" defiling "sacred ground" (aka a former Burlington Coat Factory)?

by Anonymousreply 1804/04/2011

I'm so fucking tired of these 9/11 families who've spent the past decade being professional victims. I totally understand that business has been very profitable for them, but they're totally making a mockery of an event that galvanized our Nation.

by Anonymousreply 1904/04/2011

I can't believe I'm going to say this because she is an absolutely repulsive scumbag, but Ann Coulter was right about these people.

by Anonymousreply 2004/04/2011

I suspect that it is only a handful of people making a rucus over some really inane things. I'm guessing most of the families have moved on because they had to and it is part of the grieving process, like any family who loses someone.%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2104/04/2011

I think most of the "famous" Flight 93 widows remarried within a few years after -- Lyz Glick, Lisa Beamer, Deena Burnett...

by Anonymousreply 2204/04/2011

Whatever happened to the Widow Beamer?

by Anonymousreply 2304/04/2011

How many people are even aware that the Bush administration did everything in its power to prevent 9/11 from EVER being investigated. %0D %0D The under-funded investigation which was terminated by a politically motivated deadline only occurred because the victims' families lobbied Congess for months. If they hadn't done that there would have been no inquiry whatever done by the federal government.%0D %0D But while the government did nothing in the first 18 months after 9/11 the families did ample research. They went into the process armed with hundreds of pertinent questions that they felt demanded official answers. (Things like "what accounts for the complete absence of our Air Force that morning?") In the aftermath they were wildly unsatisified with the rush job done by the commission. Spokespeople for the families said that the investigators completely ignored over 75% of all the questioned they raised.

by Anonymousreply 2404/04/2011

"The Families" are really too dumb and venal to not understand all that cash and adulation was to SHUT THEM UP, and make them GO AWAY! If they don't, they should just give the money back!

by Anonymousreply 2502/06/2013

Many people who mock religious fundies for rejecting science refuse to accept the irrefutable scientific proof that the official explanations for the collapses of the Twin Towers and WTC7 are physically impossible.

by Anonymousreply 2602/06/2013

I remember when they were pushing the museum to be about "Man's Inhumanity to Man" and the illustration was of a Jewish kid in a concentration camp.

That's what set off the 9/11 families and why they wanted control over the monument and museum.

by Anonymousreply 2702/07/2013

I agree with R19 completely. Enough is enough. Terrible things happen to people all the time and nobody gets compensated - it's just bad shit. Was anyone in HIroshima, Dresden, or London compensated for the loss of their families' lives? 911 was an act of terrorism, an act of war. Al Quada - however it's spelled - perpetrated an act of war, whether anyone else believes it or not. The families of the victims of Pearl Harbor - a totally unexpected murderous attack - were not compensated. Enough! Basta!

by Anonymousreply 2802/07/2013

[quote]The whole thing has been a now decade long battle between opportunists and families,

I'd love to see a Venn Diagram of where "the opportunists", and "the families" overlap!

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

The "9-11 Families" don't seem to realize that the millions of bucks they were handed was to make them GO AWAY! I'm beginning to think Ann Coulter was on to something.

by Anonymousreply 3005/12/2013

I wish I could re-read the Let's Roll Cinnamon Rolls thread.

by Anonymousreply 3105/12/2013

Why is a whole museum needed? Just put up three photos on a nearby wall; one shows the twin towers standing, the second photo shows the planes crashing, the third one shows the passports of the pilots sitting on top of the piles of debris where they would be easy to find.

by Anonymousreply 3205/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.