Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does my iPhone say "No Service"???

I thought it was because I was somewhere where I couldn't receive service but I'm home now and it still says "No Service" where it used to say "3G". I can't make any calls at all, the whole thing is bricked. Anyone know why this is happening? I checked my account online and the bill was paid on time. Anyone know where I can check my texts online? I know I must have gotten hundreds of texts and people are wondering why I never texted back. I'm kinda freaking out without my phone. Even posting on DL on my desktop seems like a step backwards. Sorry, you won't be able to see "Sent from my iPhone" in my posts for a while :(

by Anonymousreply 8405/25/2015

Didn't someone post a message a few weeks ago about shutting down completely or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 804/03/2011

R10, I tried turning it off and on and the "No Service" message is still there. I didn't take out the battery as the iPhone 4 has an internal battery and the case doesn't open. R11, what did I ever do to you? Take the stick out of your ass and YOU kindly fuck off and die. Hey, it's actually kinda nice to be typing on a physical keyword again. Goes a little faster.

by Anonymousreply 1304/03/2011

Wait, so the "sent from my iphone" sig has been typed in by the fucking OP all these times? WTF!!!

by Anonymousreply 1504/03/2011

[quote]I pray OP is a troll

lololol :)

by Anonymousreply 1604/03/2011

R15, it IS automatically generated. Please do try to keep up with this thread. Reading comprehension is not your friend, no?

by Anonymousreply 1704/03/2011

"What if someone wanted to have brunch with me tomorrow?"%0D %0D It's okay, OP, I think that is extremely unlikely!

by Anonymousreply 2004/03/2011

I rebooted a bunch of times today and it still didn't work. I booked an appointment online at the Genius Bar but their next available appointment is Tuesday. WTF? What am supposed to do til then? So is there really no way to read your texts online? I know you think I'm exaggerating but they really are piling up.

by Anonymousreply 2104/03/2011

I've never had this happen, OP. Don't know how to help.

Post a message on your Facebook letting your friends know your phone isn't working, and that's why you haven't returned their texts.

Sent from my iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 2204/03/2011

[quote] What am supposed to do til then? So is there really no way to read your texts online?

Why don't you log into your AT&T account and find out?

by Anonymousreply 2304/03/2011

R23, I already did that and didn't see any options. It only lets me look at my bill!

by Anonymousreply 2404/03/2011

You can get online support through the Apple (or AT&T) website. I've done it before. You can converse via a chat window with technical support. Sent from my iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 2504/03/2011

According to the AT&T message boards, no AT&T does not allow users to read their text messages online

by Anonymousreply 2604/03/2011

OP are you sure that your setting didn't get changed to wifi and that's why it says no service? Or did you try changing to wifi if you're not getting any 3G service?

by Anonymousreply 2704/03/2011

Get a Mac.

by Anonymousreply 2804/03/2011

[quote]According to the AT&T message boards, no AT&T does not allow users to read their text messages online

So when my service comes back will all my missed texts be waiting for me on my phone? Or will they just be lost and I will never see them???

R27, I tried changing to wifi and back. Where it used to say "WiFi" or "3G" it just now says "No Service".

by Anonymousreply 2904/03/2011

[quote] So when my service comes back will all my missed texts be waiting for me on my phone? Or will they just be lost and I will never see them???

They should be still there OP.

by Anonymousreply 3004/03/2011

Harry suggests a HARD RESET:%0D %0D hold both the home and sleep buttons down at the same time%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3104/03/2011

Did you accidentally put it in airplane mode???

Sent from my iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 3204/03/2011

It didn't happen when daylight saving changed, did it?

by Anonymousreply 3304/03/2011

You really don't need service on your iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 3404/03/2011

Try Hard Reset.

by Anonymousreply 3504/03/2011

[quote][R15], it IS automatically generated. Please do try to keep up with this thread.

It most certainly is *not* automatically generated. The "Sent from my iPhone" signature is automatically appended to email messages and that's it. There is no mechanism for including the signature in other communication formats other than to manually type it, or to paste it from the clipboard.

The OP is a troll who probably doesn't even own an iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 3604/03/2011

OP--You have to pay the bill.

by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2011

Sweet lord, I hate OP, and all the assholes like him.

by Anonymousreply 3804/06/2011

Not the OP, but I had that happen to me, and my phone was broken. Apple replaced it.

by Anonymousreply 3904/06/2011

I'm back in business, baby! Yeah! I finally got my appointment at the Genius Bar and the wonderful guy there fixed it. All he did was turn off my iPhone, wait 5 minutes and then turn it back on again. Genius! Who knew? And yes, I did have literary hundreds of texts waiting for me. How will I get through them all? I can't believe I made it so many days without my iPhone. It was he'll without my baby.

Sent from my iPhone

by Anonymousreply 4004/08/2011

You know OP, you could have done that too.%0D %0D This is the dumbest thread in ages.

by Anonymousreply 4104/08/2011

[quote]I pray OP is a troll

What with all the smiley faces like this 0_o and all the "Oh I wish my posts said 'sent from my iPhone'" wailing, it's a safe bet this was a troll.

Waiting a few days and coming back to say that someone else had to turn it off and on for him, just as others had suggested days ago, was a pretty good touch though. Too bad troll-dar says that wasn't really the OP.

by Anonymousreply 4204/08/2011

You people are joking, right?%0D %0D I post to the board from my iPhone. No, it doesn't automatically sign "sent from my iPhone." You have to type "sent from my iphone" yourself for it to appear on a message board.%0D %0D Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 4304/08/2011

[quote] All he did was turn off my iPhone, wait 5 minutes and then turn it back on again. Genius! Who knew?

All the people on this thread who told you to do the exact same thing knew.

OP is a complete moron.

by Anonymousreply 4404/08/2011

OP you sound really stupid and I would never want to meet you.

by Anonymousreply 4511/06/2011

Use a payphone and call your mates. Breathe.

by Anonymousreply 4611/06/2011

Not as stupid as someone who joins a discussion 7 months after it's over.

by Anonymousreply 4711/06/2011

Die, O.P

by Anonymousreply 4811/06/2011

SO r45 waited 7 months to bump this thread to say OP is a moron?

We've got a bumping troll with anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 4911/06/2011

Lmao that never happen to me it my fathers phone. My phone is newer than my fathers meaning like it's a iPhone but a different kind. It's doesn't have the numbers when you charge your phone but doesn't show the numbers. Like my iPod so this is like my little new iPod anyway yeah try calling AT&T but I recommend talking to Apple if your card is lose AT&T just carries phones for there network.

Goodluck

by Anonymousreply 5002/24/2012

I came for some insight and help, but this made me laugh. Thanks, and I'll try my best. I actually took it in, it was fixed for 5 min while I was at the AT&T store, then once I got home, everything went back to "No Service." To the store I go again.

by Anonymousreply 5105/16/2012

i dropped my iphone and then this started happening ot me as well. I tried turning it off and on again a lot but still nothing happened. I have had my Iphone for about 2 years now and didnt mind if it broke, so i thought i may as well try dropping it again and see if anything happened. I did this and then it started working again:) The signal detector or something must have come loose inside and then i just set it straight again or somehting?

by Anonymousreply 5206/03/2012

My iPhone says no service and I've tried resseting it but it won't work and it charges me for I texts that don't send :( anyone have any free ideas let me know thanks.

by Anonymousreply 5306/08/2012

Call Apple support and get them to schedule a genius bar appt for you. I got mine the next day when I had a mac problem (and no, I don't pay for Apple Care).

But only do that after you've performed a hard reset. Go to General -->Settings, and the last option at the bottom is Reset. From that menu, start with Network Reset. If that doesn't work, try "Reset All Settings", but ONLY if you've backed up recently. It will restore your phone to its factory state and erase all data, so you'll have to restore everything from your backup (via iCloud or iTunes)

by Anonymousreply 5406/08/2012

Christ, you people. After all this time?

The SIM card has dislodged, likely because OP and the other poster with the same problem dropped the phone.

Reset the SIM card. Simple insert the end of a small paper clip into the tiny hole at the top of the phone and wait for the top of the SIM card to pop up. Then carefully and gently push the thing back in. Don't take it out. Just pop and push. You can manage that.

You could also have Googled this just like I did when I had the same problem months ago.

by Anonymousreply 5506/08/2012

I had a problem with "No Service" so I put on a shirt and shoes.

by Anonymousreply 5606/08/2012

Power off your iPhone, should work in no time.

by Anonymousreply 5706/08/2012

take the back off the phone remove the battery insert it in your ass hole boil a pot of water drop the phone in it then remove the battery from your ass and swollow it... wait half an hour then thank me later.

by Anonymousreply 5806/13/2012

emily that is fucking stupid you dum bitch everyone knows its milk you boil not water...

by Anonymousreply 5906/13/2012

[quote]This is the dumbest thread in ages.

[quote]by: charlie

Oh, charlie...I knew if I stuck around DL long enough we'd eventually agree on SOMEthing!

by Anonymousreply 6006/13/2012

Not working in sim?

by Anonymousreply 6108/14/2012

Cell coverage is spotty at its best.

I have an Android 4G phone and when at home I usually get solid 4G service. Then it'll drop to 1x, and then no service depending on weather conditions.

But on the iPhone reseat the SIM and do a hard reboot - oh wait, you can't do a hard reboot on an iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 6208/14/2012

OP is a snobby bitch. I hope the phone still doesn't have any service.

by Anonymousreply 6309/21/2012

You have to reactivate or it wont work i have to do that every so often try it

by Anonymousreply 6410/07/2012

i'am having the same problem !!! And i already did al that!! of course that didn't work it's something abot it was an nlocked phone and when it was updated it's been doing it ever since.

by Anonymousreply 6510/20/2012

You doesn't even know how to unlock your phone?

No wonder you're in such a mess.

by Anonymousreply 6610/20/2012

This sometimes happens when one is excessively devoted to texting, at the expense of real life. At that point, the context of one's text messages is evaluated, and service is discontinued if they are deemed inane.

by Anonymousreply 6710/20/2012

lol what do u mean iphones dont have removable sim cards? yeah they do lol.... but even that dosnt work.

by Anonymousreply 6810/24/2012

I know this thread is about 2 years old... but there are some stupid comments here. If you don't know how to use the technology in your hand... you probably don't deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 6902/14/2013

Your bill must be 50 billion dollars.

by Anonymousreply 7002/14/2013

i like pie :}

by Anonymousreply 7206/18/2013

turn the 3g off. then restart. (not for the OP but for those who might experience similar problems)

by Anonymousreply 7307/20/2013

There many fixed but you should now you issue first use the interactive guide to get your iphone no service fix

by Anonymousreply 7410/10/2013

same to me but mine has just been restored and now i'm really gutted.

by Anonymousreply 7512/04/2014

Now you'll NEVER be a teen model!

by Anonymousreply 7612/04/2014

U guys made my day I was so fucken pissed cause my phone is doing the same thing if that troll fixed it please send him or whatever it is my way

by Anonymousreply 7702/11/2015

Your an idiot Apple is the only cooperate that isn't corrupt and doesn't use child slave labor, get your facts right fucking fascist piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 7804/08/2015

Did you pay your bill?

by Anonymousreply 7904/08/2015

You do realize you're offering advice to an OP from four years ago, right? He could very well be dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 8004/08/2015

I am not getting service on my iPhone 5c it says "searching... " in the corner. The bills are paid and nobody else on the same plan in my family is having trouble. I have everything in my settings turned on and I cannot receive or send texts WHATS WRONG

by Anonymousreply 8105/24/2015

I am not getting service on my iPhone 5c it says "searching... " in the corner. The bills are paid and nobody else on the same plan in my family is having trouble. I have everything in my settings turned on and I cannot receive or send texts WHATS WRONG

by Anonymousreply 8205/24/2015

"No Service" means you are to ugly to get a date and should rent a sad movie to watch at home alone.

by Anonymousreply 8305/24/2015

Why does my iPhone 5c say no service if I get service all the time?

by Anonymousreply 8405/25/2015
Need more help? Click Here.