Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who is this with Rock Hudson?

Is it Roddy McDowell?

by Anonymousreply 8311/21/2014

hot

by Anonymousreply 203/31/2011

Definitely not McDowell. My guess is it's some non-celeb trick Rock was having over for a "swim."

by Anonymousreply 303/31/2011

That is George Nader who, for a time in the 50s, was a busy leading man at Universal. they were very good friends. (Generally, as Nader had a longtime partner, he and Rock weren't "lovers" though they may have played around on occasion.)

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2011

Roddy would probably be very pleased that people thought the guy was him.

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2011

Was Roddy gay?

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2011

Roddy McDowell??? Do you know what McDowell looked like? And you have to ask if he was gay?%0D %0D OY

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2011

Was Rock Hudson gay?

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2011

No, Blanche, he sucked and fucked thousands of men by accident.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2011

George must have pulled a lot of cock and ass in his day.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2011

But my question is: Did Georger Nader not happen because he was known to be gay? I've always had that impression. Or was he just not that talented?

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2011

Yeah, I thought *maybe* it was Roddy McDowell on his BEST DAY EVER.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2011

Roddy was rumored to have been the most well-hung guy in H'wood.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2011

Nader's longtime partner was Mark Miller, Rock Hudson's personal secretary/assistant for a very long time. Reading a bio of Rock, you get the impression that George and he were just good friends for all those years, but I recently read that they did have an affair at some point. %0D %0D Check out the pics of Rock and George enjoying some water sports on the Brian's Drive in site at the link.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2011

Halfway down the page at R15's link, it put up a picture from the movie House of a Thousand Dolls and said it's George Nader. Instead it's another homosexual, Anthony Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2011

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2011

R16, actually it's George Nader in the picture, not Anthony Perkins, though they look oddly alike from some angles.

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2011

[quote] But my question is: Did George Nader not happen because he was known to be gay? I've always had that impression. Or was he just not that talented?%0D %0D %0D George and Rock shared an agent, the infamous Henry Willson. Confidential magazine was about to expose Rock as a homosexual, and since Rock was the biggest star in Willson's stable (which included such 50s hotties as Ty Hardin, Guy Madison, Troy Donahue and Tab Hunter), Willson would do ANYTHING to keep his biggest meal ticket's private life a secret. So instead of letting Confidential out Rock, he "threw them a bone" and outed George (who was never more than a B-picture leading man anyway) as gay. It effectively killed George's career, but Rock was safe. To make sure Rock was protected, Willson arranged for his secretary Phyllis Gates to marry Rock.%0D %0D George never held what happened to his career against Rock, but clearly blamed Willson. Rock, feeling at least partly responsible anyway, hired George's partner Mark Miller so that his friends would have some income, and basically took care of the couple financially.%0D %0D Incidentally, George Nader's nephew is Michael Nader, of DYNASTY and ALL MY CHILDREN fame...%0D %0D Read all this in Rock Hudson: My Story - the autobiog he co-wrote that wasn't published until after his death....

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2011

This guy is a friend of mine. And I have seen him naked. In his pool. Even at 60 something he was still hot.

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2011

I'm guessing that the "MARY!" in the r17 post is for the pic of Rock and George sitting side by side in the boat. %0D %0D That site won't let you hot-link to the pics.

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2011

R19, Doris Day will be 89, not 81, this Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2011

Rock,George Nader,et al,that 'type' of rugged leading man is virtually non existent on screen these days,which is ironic since both were gay! Today they all look and sound like girly men.%0D %0D This guy is one of my favorites from that era:%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2011

actually that is marky mark.

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2011

There is something wrong with me. I find that picture of Roddy much hotter than when he doesn't have the ape man mask on.

by Anonymousreply 2503/31/2011

Nader's most famous role is "Robot Monster", the infamous monster movie voted the second worst movie of all time after "Plan 9 From Outer Space". Outing him would have had almost no effect on his career; he ended up making monster movies in Germany, which were quite popular.

by Anonymousreply 2603/31/2011

Nader was named one of the beneficiaries of Hudson's $27M estate when the star died of AIDS in 1985.

by Anonymousreply 2703/31/2011

Is Mr. Nader still among the living?

by Anonymousreply 2803/31/2011

here

by Anonymousreply 2904/01/2011

I read that Nader had to leave Hollywood because of being outed by his agent's betrayal, but had a minor career in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 3004/01/2011

r30 here. Duh, just read r26's post. Sorry for not contributing something new to the plate.

by Anonymousreply 3104/01/2011

Gee, he didn't even look Lebanese.

by Anonymousreply 3204/01/2011

George Nader also wrote the gay science fiction classic "Chrome", published in 1978.

by Anonymousreply 3304/01/2011

Nader had a respectable career in the 50s but was always a bit wooden and appeared in programmers like Away All Boats and is hilariously wooden with Hedy Lamarr in The Female Animal. He was not really in any A-list films, but certainly pals with Hudson and the other closet gays and Henry Willson's clients like Rory Calhoun, Guy Madison etc. %0D %0D Didn't Nader also write some gay science fiction novels? %0D %0D Kerwin Matthews was another cutie (Sinbad etc) that we did not know was gay and had a long time lover too - and then there was Raymond Burr !

by Anonymousreply 3404/01/2011

Nader made a few B movies in England too - there was one with a young Maggie Smith - Maggie knew all the gays! - titled Nowhere To Go, in about 1957.

by Anonymousreply 3504/01/2011

George Nader also had a respectable career on TV. He had a short lived series in the late 50's and guest starred on many late 50's and early 60's TV shows before doing spy films in Germany, ala James Bond.

by Anonymousreply 3704/01/2011

That's Kurt Russell shortly before he sold his immortal soul to Walt Disney. Disney would later curse Kurt with his Beta Britney model Goldie Hawn in 1968 during the filming of "The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band". Oh, but the hell didn't end there. Poor Kurt was forced to film "Swing Shift", "Overboard", "The Best of Times", "Big Trouble in Little China", and "Winter People".

by Anonymousreply 3804/01/2011

[quote]This guy is one of my favorites from that era: %0D %0D %0D Any reason you don't want us to know his identity, r23?

by Anonymousreply 3904/01/2011

Yeah, who is that at r23?

by Anonymousreply 4004/01/2011

That's Steve Cochran, r40.

by Anonymousreply 4104/01/2011

Steve Cochran was one sexy mofo. All hairy and lean and gorgeous. Also rumored to have a Milton Berle/Forrest Tucker endowment. A pussy hound.

by Anonymousreply 4204/01/2011

"It effectively killed George's career, but Rock was safe."%0D %0D %0D %0D Not true. George was NEVER outed in Confidential or any other magazine. %0D %0D %0D Read The Man Who Invented Rock Hudson

by Anonymousreply 4304/01/2011

"Kerwin Matthews was another cutie (Sinbad etc) that we did not know was gay and had a long time lover too - and then there was Raymond Burr !"%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D Kerwin Mathews was gorgeous. Loved him in Sinbad. His longtime partner talked about him in an article after he died (this was a few years ago)%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4404/01/2011

When I was a kid I was an apprentice at a summer stock theater. We did a production of I Do, I Do starring ABOVE THE TITLE, Patrice Munsel. Her one and only co-star Kerwin Matthews was billed below. I remember he was a sweet quiet fellow, still very handsome. This was 1970.

by Anonymousreply 4504/01/2011

Steve Cochran was sooo hot! Even when he was in bit parts in movies.He died in Mexico while he was taking a trip on his yacht with an all-woman crew.

by Anonymousreply 4604/01/2011

Just reading this thread -- I didn't think it was Nader that got outed by Hudson's agent. I thought some very suggestive stuff was given about Tab Hunter. Then sometimes you read Rory Calhoun was the one betrayed for Hudson. I wonder if anyone knows who really got betrayed!

Nader was a fantasy for a lot of young gays in the 50s with that TV "Man and His Challenge" series. Wow! A lot of j.o-ing over Nader. He didn't have that awful a career - others had worse. He had some talent.

by Anonymousreply 4704/01/2011

Would someone explain a "party line" to me? I just started watching "Pillow Talk" on HBOS and I'm curious as to why they needed to share the line.

by Anonymousreply 4804/02/2011

lines of coke on a tabletop - party line

by Anonymousreply 4904/02/2011

George Nader's nephew was Dex Dexter on Dynasty. Small world!

by Anonymousreply 5004/02/2011

Speaking of Roddy McDowell...apparently he was one of the most well-liked people in Hollywood. He was friends with just about everybody.

by Anonymousreply 5104/02/2011

"Then sometimes you read Rory Calhoun was the one betrayed for Hudson."%0D %0D %0D %0D He was. Just do a google search and you can find out more about it - Rory Calhoun's ex-con past was given to Confidential to keep Rock's gay "secret" quiet.%0D %0D %0D Nader was never outed in Confidential. That is a myth. Go buy every back issue of Confidential if you want, you won't find anything about him.

by Anonymousreply 5204/02/2011

Here's a Wiki on party lines, R48.

I remember as a kid spending time in the summer at my grandparent's house out in the country. They still had a party line, and my grandmother could occasionally be caught listening in on other people's calls. She'd quickly put her finger down over the button in the phone cradle and say something like, "that Agnes is STILL yapping away, and I need to call Doris to see if she has any eggs."

by Anonymousreply 5304/02/2011

So, no thread, no comments about Farley Granger who just died?? He was one of us and a VERY handsome man.

by Anonymousreply 5404/02/2011

There was a thread about Farley but it was as dull as the man.

by Anonymousreply 5504/02/2011

Tab Hunter was definitely outed in Confidential, and yes indeed, it (helped) ruin his career.

He was certainly as good of an actor as Hudson, and much, much better than George Nader.

by Anonymousreply 5604/05/2011

BTW, here is a pic of the "Thin Thirty" football team that Rock was allegedly involved with back in the 60's. Rock had a 'type' which was tall, blond and blue eyed. Looks like he had a nice selection to choose from...(if it was all true, that is.)%0D %0D Click on the pic to engorge it.

by Anonymousreply 5704/05/2011

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 5804/05/2011

R57: "Click on the pic to engorge it." LOVE THAT. "...engorge it..." Another DL classic

by Anonymousreply 5904/05/2011

r58 is so cute. Clicked on the subject and scrolled all the way to the bottom of page 3 just to let us all know that he DOES NOT CARE!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6004/05/2011

There are maybe two or three players that I would be disinclined to fool around with, but most of those players are HOT! Beefy, burly man-ness. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 6104/06/2011

Look at this recap on George Nader. More pictures of him and stuff about Rock:

by Anonymousreply 6204/25/2011

you sure you read rocks book?you are way off.read it again.mark and george were lifetime lovers.i just want to know wheres mark now?

by Anonymousreply 6306/17/2011

george nadar nor rock were ever outed by confidential.george worked til he retired.please re read rocks book with sara davidson.great liz and doris stories.

by Anonymousreply 6406/17/2011

From Wikipedia: "Nader had completed a book called The Perils of Paul, about the gay community in Hollywood, which he did not want published until after his death."%0D %0D So what happened to this book?

by Anonymousreply 6506/17/2011

Kerwin Mathews == Sinbad (and Gulliver!) was gay?!? I'm surprised there's been no thread on this.

by Anonymousreply 6606/17/2011

still havent answered my question.where is mark millar?is he even still alive?info please.

by Anonymousreply 6706/17/2011

I think Tab Hunter was rumored to have had an affair with Olympic skating legend Dick Button. Before Button became a rice & bean queen.

by Anonymousreply 6806/17/2011

Any pictures of Rock with Lee Majors?

by Anonymousreply 6906/17/2011

That wasn't hard, R69.

by Anonymousreply 7006/18/2011

Tab and Dick Button co-starred in a big musical TV special of Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates in the mid-1950s so they certainly had some opportunities.%0D %0D Strangley enough, I've never heard any rumors about Tab and Rock getting together. They didn't even seem to be friends. At first I thought that might have been caution on their parts as both were rumored to be gay but it obviously didn't stop Tab from being seen with Tony Perkins or Rock from being seen with our Thread Head George Nader.

by Anonymousreply 7206/18/2011

Jeses, Lee Majors was gorgeous back in the day! His first season on TBV had his haid dyed orange (!), but after that, he was drop dead. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 7306/20/2011

Lee Majors had one of those very bad nose jobs that were typical of 1950s Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 7406/20/2011

r55, that's surprising, considering the rumours around forever that he was fired from the daytime soap opera One Life to Live because he came on to a much younger co-star (jailbait zone). I believe the actor he made inappropriate advances toward was the kid playing Jacqueline Courtney's son.

by Anonymousreply 7506/20/2011

George Nader, sounds like a Christian Arab name. Was he?

by Anonymousreply 7606/20/2011

This looks like a good pace to drop this:

by Anonymousreply 7706/20/2011

It's too bad there were never any nudes taken of Rock in his prime. He had a magnificent ass.

by Anonymousreply 7806/20/2011

Really R78? Whenever I see his old films - and I watch a lot of them - his ass always look very flat! Flat enough for me to think, "wow... he has no ass..."

by Anonymousreply 7906/21/2011

I think the Naders are of Lebenese decsent.

by Anonymousreply 8006/21/2011

I think that Rock should stick with George Nader and stop fooling around. Ffs why some men behave like narcissistic whores? Pick a partner and stick with him when the right one appears. George was the right one for Rock. Hudson couldn't appreciate it right and kept on screwing around...that's sad.

by Anonymousreply 8111/25/2012

george nader was given up by his studio bosses to the gossip mags of the day as gay in a trade off on another story coming out on rock hudson being gay.thats why he went and made his career in italy etc afterwards.also rock left a big part of his money to nader in his will to say sorry for the ending of his hollywood career to save his.rock was the bigger more bankable star.michael nader from dynasty is also georges nephew.

by Anonymousreply 8212/28/2012

eaaids

by Anonymousreply 8311/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.