Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ashley Judd spills her guts...and her Mama can''t be happy about this.

'My sexual abuse hell': Actress Ashley Judd reveals distressing childhood in new memoirBy Daily Mail Reporter%0D %0D *The 42-year-old says the first of the many sexual assaults she endured was when she was still living in Kentucky, where Naomi had moved the family after her divorce from Michael Ciminella.%0D %0D *Ashley writes in her tome that her mother's volatile relationships with men were very disturbing to her growing up.%0D %0D *The Double Jeopardy star said she was traumatised when she was exposed to inappropriate sexuality and heard loud sexual noises coming from a room in her home.%0D %0D *She also witnessed Naomi involved in fights with men, including once when her mother pulled a gun.%0D %0D *Ashley recalls playing with the weapon and loading bullets into the chamber, spinning it, cocking the trigger and holding it to her head.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 11912/05/2012

I don't get a molested vibe from our Ms. Judd. If she had sex with a guy, she would have done it to get something in return. She's smart and bossy- not the victim type.

by Anonymousreply 303/30/2011

Are you kidding? Both of those girls act traumatized. One's fat and can't get away from Mama and the other is a borderline. %0D %0D Definitely.

by Anonymousreply 403/30/2011

I just remember Ashley Judd going on the Today show bragging about some charity involvement and Katie Couric saying sourly, "I bet your motives are COMPLETELY PURE!"

by Anonymousreply 603/30/2011

"The Double Jeopardy star said she was traumatised when she was exposed to inappropriate sexuality and heard loud sexual noises coming from a room in her home."%0D %0D That's not a sexual trauma, that's just bad taste. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 703/30/2011

no excuse

by Anonymousreply 803/30/2011

There is no way that bitch is 42. She is closing in on 50.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2011

I just came on my face a little.

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2011

Only licking Meredith Baxter's pussy can cure her of this awful tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2011

R10 = believes all colored people live for watermelon

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2011

R12 = Archbishop Desmond Tutu

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2011

this is gonna be good. Please God tell me Oprah hasn't booked all her slots.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2011

Ask Michael Bolton's now-grown kids and their former nanny about Ashley's ummmmm exhibitionist tendancies. That's all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2011

All you need to do is stick a big dick in there. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2011

That bitch screwed my Daddy until his mullet fell off!

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2011

She was attached to Michael Bolton?

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2011

Damage control.

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2011

To bad about the failure of that Russian roulette thing.

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2011

Sounds like the last screech of a desperate, media attention whore. Geez! I am so sick and tired of Z minus celebrities prating about their sexual fantasies in "tell all" books, which have no connection with the truth, just to make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2011

Wait a sec, do I have this right? She heher her mother having loud sex and that's what traumatized her?

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2011

r22=broadway cast of revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof".

by Anonymousreply 2503/31/2011

Ashley, Wyoming and Naomi are seriously fucked up. Naomi is a chronic liar and attention / fame whore and has passed it down to the girls. And we all know that Wyoming is a HUGE dyke. I just expected more from Ashley. I have no doubt that their mother is a psycho and royally fucked them up.

by Anonymousreply 2603/31/2011

I am surprised no one has yet metioned how much of a deep Christian Mother Judd always prides erself too be; how unsurprising she is another typical conservative hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 2703/31/2011

[quote] Sexual assault, white trash mother, sexual trauma - isn't this a typical Southern upbringing?%0D %0D It was in our family%0D %0D But luckily I have no sex issues.

by Anonymousreply 2803/31/2011

Wyoming dykeing it up at the Country Music Awards. Mama's face would look mortified if she could actually move it.

by Anonymousreply 2904/04/2011

She has a reputation for being quite a bitch. Could this be an effort to account for that - I've been through hell so I act like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3004/04/2011

I already read this book years ago during high school - it was called Justine by the Marquis de Sade. %0D %0D Bitch need to get some new material for her fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 3104/04/2011

R28, I know you're trying to make a funny, but Bill Clinton actually had a terrible childhood, filled with violent incidents.

His mother even shot at his father, and little Bill (who was a child at the time) hid the gun in the couch to keep the cops from finding it.

by Anonymousreply 3204/04/2011

Mama has played the religious type, this is not going to be good for her image. This family is really screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 3304/04/2011

R27 Everyone is a hypocrite in one way or another. Christians are no different. Do you actually read the comments here at datalounge? We have become the epitome of the word. That wasn't always the case.

by Anonymousreply 3404/04/2011

Agree with R10, typical southern white trash. Single mom dating a series of losers, some of them pedos who probably dated her just to get to her young daughters. Old story. Happens every day because aging, attention whore single moms (cougars---ick) desperately want to believe they can still attract a man.

by Anonymousreply 3504/04/2011

I hate to say it, r10, but the stereotype exists for a reason. Before I read your post, I was going to write that her childhood sounds suspiciously like mine and my three sisters'.

It doesn't surprise me that Naiomi was a whore and exposed her children to a lot of bullshit. It's obvious she blamed them for standing in her way of success. I mean before she and Wynonna had some real success.

Ashley's revelations don't surprise me and yes, I believe they're true. At least the ones about the sexual trauma and violent upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 3704/04/2011

[quote]I just remember Ashley Judd going on the Today show bragging about some charity involvement and Katie Couric saying sourly, "I bet your motives are COMPLETELY PURE!"%0D %0D Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 3804/04/2011

"Bitch need to get some new material for her fantasies."%0D %0D %0D %0D Sexual abuse isn't "fantasies" - fuck you for posting that.%0D %0D %0D That family is fucked up - didn't one of Wynona's husbands turn out to be a child molester?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3904/04/2011

Oh no and me a racist, hypoctitical lesbian too. So what board am I posed to be at?

by Anonymousreply 4004/04/2011

Anywhere you want. Just leave the racist stereotyping at the door.

by Anonymousreply 4104/04/2011

R41: Gets upset at "white trash", but has never once complained about slurs against any other race.

by Anonymousreply 4204/04/2011

R41 dear, comments are not racist when directed at the privilaged majority. Calling someone white trash is hardly wounding.

by Anonymousreply 4304/04/2011

Shut up niggas

by Anonymousreply 4504/04/2011

If you ever want to read a true whitewash of an autobiography, pick up Naomi's "Love Can Build a Bridge." It's laughable and cringeworthy, but it's interesting and sad to note that Ashley barely appears in the book. Naomi shunted the kid off on grandparents or whoever would have her so Naomi could chase fame with the favored daughter.

by Anonymousreply 4604/04/2011

Didn't Naomi claim to have contracted hepatitis C from blood exposure at work (not from any lifestyle choices, of course!)? Then claimed she was cured by praying?

by Anonymousreply 4704/04/2011

Tell me more about Wyomings dykiness.

by Anonymousreply 4804/04/2011

I doubt she had to make anything up. Pedos are always on the lookout for neglected children, and the kids of narcissistic showbiz types are prime targets.

by Anonymousreply 4904/04/2011

R42 needs to get off the cross.

by Anonymousreply 5004/04/2011

Don't they have a show on OWN? There's certain to be an episode about the book. I also think it's probably all true; I wouldn't be surprised if Winona reveals the same thing. Winona even married a man who had "unlawful relations" with a child under whatever age. No coincidence. I would love to read the story of these three ladies from someone in their inner circle who can provide the unvarnished truth.

by Anonymousreply 5104/04/2011

Another thread hijacked by our beloved "stop the hate" troll. Hon, there are people who are trash and they can be black, white, hispanic, asian, whatever. Calling them out as trash when they are trash is okay. It has nothing to do with race or wealth and everything to do with behavior.

by Anonymousreply 5204/04/2011

Wynonna is sure looking goodnow. Shes lost a ton of weight.

by Anonymousreply 5304/04/2011

[quote]Shes lost a ton of weight.

One down, one to go.

by Anonymousreply 5404/04/2011

Watch it r54 thats my future wife your talking about!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5504/04/2011

Did anyone see her on the today show this am? She was talking funny, like the way scientologists speak another language, but definitely much more god-christian-type based stuff than actual lron-ness.

WTF is she into?? It was creepy to hear her.

by Anonymousreply 5604/05/2011

The mother did not ever have Hep C. She made it the fuck up. Time will prove me right on that. Trust me.

Wyoming is obviously a barely closeted lesbian. Nothing wrong with that, but she could just come on out by now.

I am confused about Ashley. Did a kiddie fucker molest her? Or did growing up with a closeted half sister and a lying whore of a mother mess her up?

by Anonymousreply 5704/05/2011

According to an unauthorized bio on The Judds, both Naomi & Wynonna have had abortions.

BTW Ashley Judd is a stage name, as that is not her legal name.

by Anonymousreply 5804/05/2011

Naomi is a rabid Republican.

by Anonymousreply 5904/05/2011

Haven't the Judds realized yet that they are just one big joke? So much fake trauma / drama on such a sechedule you can set your watch to it.%0D %0D They are like a country song, beneath the false trauma / drama / victim storyline is a bunch of stupid, white trash causing their own misery (or pretending misery).

by Anonymousreply 6004/05/2011

WTF is with all these celebs and sexual abuse? Is it a prerequisite for being famous?

by Anonymousreply 6104/05/2011

Naomi campaigned for Sarah Palin

by Anonymousreply 6204/05/2011

r61, the fact is most girls have been sexually abused in some fashion; by brothers, step dads, uncles, fathers, cousins.....

.....not that unusual. The exposure heights for potential abuse of young girls or teens if the mother is dating and bringing men home.

Why is this so surprising?

by Anonymousreply 6304/05/2011

Ashley seems to be hinting that Naomi was involved with the sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 6404/05/2011

Perhaps I'm just naive, r63, but I just find it so hard to believe that MOST girls have been abused. Are we talking full on sexual contact or stuff like inappropriate comments (which I would believe)?

by Anonymousreply 6504/05/2011

At leaset she's able to provide some context...

Which Gwyneth Paltrow has yet to do!

by Anonymousreply 6604/05/2011

R-65, you are being naive. I am almost 60 years old and I don't actually know a single woman that hasn't been subjected to unwanted/unasked touching by strangers. Whether it was a family friend that wanted you to sit on his lap, or an ill advised ride home where someone pulls over an starts grabbing your breasts, a supervisor suddenly chasing your around the office, or as a waitress delivering dinner to the table when the customer runs his hand up your skirt. Just because the man didn't actually stick it in does not mean it isn't abuse.%0D %0D It saddens me most men don't know this.

by Anonymousreply 6704/05/2011

No that isn't sexual abuse, R67. And it minimizes the true abuse and horror that some women have to endure. Get a grip for god sake. Sometimes men are just being men who are attracted to women. It's natural and not criminal.

by Anonymousreply 6804/05/2011

Really ask the women in your life that would not find such a question intrusive r65. Their answers will astound you. And, I am not talking about a group session where you might be suspicious of one tale told after the other, getting more and more explicit. But ask one on one some women in your life that you know and trust. My bet is every single one will tell you of a date that got dangerously out of hand and she had to talk her way out of it; or a seriously inappropriate handling by some uncle; or a teacher that groped himself and suggested sexual favors for grades; or a summer camp counselor, boss, doctor, policeman that made them feel exposed vulnerable or humiliated sexually.... it goes on and on. And, those are the less dramatic. Many female teens actually have to succumb to the unwanted sex on a date that would have gotten violent if not accommodated.

The unfortunate part is most of them will relay more than one event like this in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 6904/05/2011

[quote]Get a grip for god sake. Sometimes men are just being men who are attracted to women. It's natural and not criminal.

And you probably think that any woman who wears a short skirt and make-up is just asking to get raped, right?

Attitudes like this are part of the reason why sexual assault is still prevalent.

[quote]It's natural and not criminal.

There's a lot of human behaviour that is natural and not criminal but that still doesn't make it right.

by Anonymousreply 7004/05/2011

So, like, when a woman is 10 or 12 or 15 these things are just men being attracted to women? When a customer puts his hand down your pants that is NORMAL. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 7104/05/2011

I think Naomi Judd is really screwy in what she believes in just like many famous people who call themselves Christians. I remember watching an interview and Naomi Judd once said she was living with a guy and then later in the conversation she states she is a Christian. %0D %0D My father is a bible scholar and my family are Christians. If Naomi Judd was living with a guy and then claims she was a Christian, it doesn't work that way because Christians consider that to be sinful. %0D %0D %0D Sorry, but I don't believe Ashley Judd. Ashley Judd is well known for being very nasty in Hollywood, and I think this woman is trying her very best to conjure up shocking things to sell her book. Also, I think she is trying to change her image from having a bitch reputation to having a reputation that for her. I get this vibe she is a bamboozler. I remember Susielee once said that many famous people state shocking things in their autobiographies in order to sell them otherwise if they told the true of what their lives were really are, they wouldn't sell because they would be boring. %0D %0D While I highly don't doubt that many have been sexually abused in our society, I do think this is a big trend now to state this in one's autobiographies to make their books more tantalizing. I think this stinks for those who truly were sexually abused and who had to go through years of therapy to gain some normalcy in their lives.%0D

by Anonymousreply 7204/05/2011

What on earth, R69? I'm a woman and I don't know any women that were sexually abused, though all of them have been sexually harassed. There's a big difference. I have never heard of any of my female friends (straight or otherwise) having a date go out of hand or being inappropriately handled by a relative. In places like Congo it might be appropriate to say that most women have been abused, but in the US it's definitely a minority.

by Anonymousreply 7304/05/2011

Ashley Judd is a pretentious twat and that's why she speaks the way she does.

by Anonymousreply 7404/05/2011

R-73, harrassment versus abuse? You're right, being touched inappropriately is not the same as being raped or kidnapped. I guess then there's really nothing for the ladies to complain about, other than sexual harrassment and the acceptance thereof is the gateway drug to sexual abuse. You know some very lucky/savvy people.

by Anonymousreply 7504/05/2011

There is a difference between having your head stuffed in a toilet vs hung from a fence, but gay harassment/abuse has consequences now doesn't it boys?

by Anonymousreply 7604/05/2011

Oh please, R76. This is simply about some disturbed and angry women being horrifed whenever a man shows the slightest bit of sexual attraction to them and then screaming "Abuse!" Most of the time, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 7704/05/2011

How nice R76. You have issues with one poster who might be gay so you take it out on all of us.

by Anonymousreply 7804/05/2011

Naomi Judd played herself opposite her daughter Ashley on her final episode of the TV series 'Sisters'

by Anonymousreply 7904/05/2011

[quote]*The Double Jeopardy star said she was traumatised when she was exposed to inappropriate sexuality and heard loud sexual noises coming from a room in her home.%0D %0D Hearing your parents have sex is kinda gross, sure, but I'm not sure it qualifies as lifelong trauma. %0D %0D Of course, it was the Mail's idea to make this a bullet point in their story.

by Anonymousreply 8004/05/2011

Educate yourself, r77.

by Anonymousreply 8104/05/2011

"Sometimes men are just being men who are attracted to women. It's natural and not criminal".

You sound stupid even for a man.

by Anonymousreply 8204/05/2011

That's a good point, R80.%0D %0D Haven't we all had to endure overheard sex at some point or another? Why is it 'traumatizing' for some people? Some people really get off on being a VICTIM to whatever they can come up with.

by Anonymousreply 8304/05/2011

Ms. Judd sounded QUITE insane on the "Today Show" this morning.

by Anonymousreply 8404/05/2011

Naomi would be nowhere without her 2 daughters. She sure can't sing or act herself.

by Anonymousreply 8504/05/2011

R73 is correct. Most 'actual' women (vs. the women in drama queen R69's imagination) have not been sexually abused. Harassment is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 8604/06/2011

Luna Tuna, the whole white trash bunch of them. Period.

by Anonymousreply 8704/06/2011

I think Naomi's narcissism has caused a lot of misery for those girls - and probably a lot of other people as well.

by Anonymousreply 8804/06/2011

R86 should have signed her post: real idiot.

by Anonymousreply 8904/06/2011

[quote] doubt she had to make anything up. Pedos are always on the lookout for neglected children, and the kids of narcissistic showbiz types are prime targets.%0D %0D Very true

by Anonymousreply 9004/06/2011

Couldn't agree more R87. The Judds are just like a lot of black trash I know. Yuck

by Anonymousreply 9104/06/2011

It is strange to me that these actor types don't realize how stupid and crazy they sound when they start babbling about "honoring their experiences" and "coming from a place of willingness" and all that fucking garbage.

Actually, I could accept that kind of talk from a 19-year-old college sophomore, but once you're out of your mid-twenties, that kind of horseshit is just age-inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 9204/06/2011

I also enjoyed this part of Ms. Judd's performance on the "Today" show:

She claims that she wrote her book to discuss all the humanitarian work.

But, as usual, somehow the plight of suffering people around the world just reminded Ms. Judd of her OWN PROBLEMS. So, the book became about Ms. Judd's suffering.

by Anonymousreply 9304/06/2011

Somebody's career needs a lift!%0D %0D Cue Ashley and Mama on Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 9404/06/2011

Her husband seems to really love her.

by Anonymousreply 9504/06/2011

Ashley is the typical spoiled brat ungrateful child. I don't believe a word she says.

by Anonymousreply 9604/08/2011

The mother on her prime was more beautiful than Ashley ever was.

by Anonymousreply 9704/08/2011

[quote]It is strange to me that these actor types don't realize how stupid and crazy they sound when they start babbling about "honoring their experiences" and "coming from a place of willingness" and all that fucking garbage.%0D %0D %0D %0D I blame Oprah for legitimizing a lot of that New Age, psychobabble bullshit. Her show is riddled with it and it's become totally mainstream to talk such garbage as a sign you've been self actualized and enlightened.

by Anonymousreply 9804/08/2011

Naomi and Wynonna were interviewed on a local news show this morning and they definitely didn't want to talk about the book. They kept saying "you're focusing on only small parts of the book" and "we love Ashley." They were a bit pissy about the whole issue.

by Anonymousreply 9904/08/2011

In a pre-taped interview with Wynonna and Naomi on Fox News to promote their upcoming reality show, they were asked about Ashley's alegations of abuse. Wynonna didn't say anything but Naomi said, "My daughters are my life, I love them very much. I want the best for Ashley and hope that her book is a big success."%0D %0D So perhaps Ashley is just trying to sell books?

by Anonymousreply 10004/08/2011

R1 LMAO! I voted for you W+W.

by Anonymousreply 10204/08/2011

No this was not a typical southern family at all. I have mey Wynona and her mother, never had the oportunity to meet Ashley but during thr meeting after show they did, we followed them from the show site to the hotel they were going to change, Wynona was friendly took the time andsat down in the cab of their bus with myself and another police officer and just talked about their show and their plans next. She was very nice and down to earth and seemed to enjoy the time she was giving us out of her busy schedule. She happily signed photos for us as we talked. Her mother got off the bus in her costume and scarf and started walking up and down the sidewalk waving her arms up and down as if floating or flying. She did not speak to us or even acknowlge that we were fans or even there she seemed to be lost to herself and more impressed with their performance than anyone that might be there. The talk ended with a hug and hand shake from Wynona and not even a goodbye from her mother or anything although we told her thanks and good bye. I believe Ashley did have the hard time growing up and probably a lot worst than she has actually said and I support her and Wynona but not her mother.

by Anonymousreply 10304/09/2011

wasn't Naomi retiring because she was about to die? (in like 1991)

by Anonymousreply 10404/09/2011

R69 is more correct than not.%0D %0D Also, it's gross to repeatedly hear ones parents having drunkenly loud sex with each other. It's gross and skin-crawlingly creepy to repeatedly hear a parent having drunkenly loud sex with godonlyknows.

by Anonymousreply 10504/09/2011

Good GAWD, these people never fail to amaze. Now Mama Judd and Wynonna are claiming that LO AND BEHOLD they were sexually abused as children too. I guess these two fame whores couldn't stand all the attention Ashley was generating (at their expense) so they decided to jump on the "sexually abused" bandwagon themselves.

And sadly, many of their dimwitted hillbilly fans will eat this shit up and shower them with love and sympathy.

That whole bunch is nothing more than a freak show. Did you see Wy and Mama on the news shows the other day? Mama had so much makeup on she looked like a rodeo clown. Her eye makeup made Tammy Faye Baker look like a Mennonite.

by Anonymousreply 10604/09/2011

I believe sexual assaults aren't confined to any demographic region...there are sick bastards everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 10704/09/2011

can someone tell the judds that no one really cares? would love to see someone tell them that.

by Anonymousreply 10904/09/2011

Ashley was in the "exec" MPA program ... which means she bought her degree. Show up, turn in something, and graduate

by Anonymousreply 11004/09/2011

We knew there was a reason why we didn't like you R110 or Ashley. Now we know why.

by Anonymousreply 11104/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 11204/10/2011

This "Ashley Judd: Self Indulgence/Pity Party Tour" is further proof of what a nut she is. If you did all this charity work and saw people in such dire circumstances, you think she'd have a little perspective on her own problems - which didn't involve living in absymal poverty like a lot of other people in the world. So her family is dysfunctional - who's isn't? She needs to get overself and get a real job.

by Anonymousreply 11304/11/2011

I watched Who Do You Think You Are with Ms. Ashley. I'm not sure what to think. I never gave her a second thought before y'all started talking about her here, and the hatred seems to be unanimous.%0D %0D So, is my feeling that she was being a phony, pretentious twat on that show accurate? Or have I been unduly influenced by the DL's vitriol? I guess I'll never know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 11404/11/2011

All 3 of the Judds are messed up, but Wynonna seems the most humble, and "normal", of the 3. I never hear her boasting about herself - maybe because she doesn't feel she has to - her talent is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 11504/15/2011

After reading Ashley's book (ugh, don't bother) Naomi and Ashley seriously need to look up and consider "Histrionic Personality Disorder." js

by Anonymousreply 11604/15/2011

She is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 11704/15/2011

Ashley is exploring a run for Senate against Mitch McConnell in 2014. There are quite a few petitions and Facebook pages urging her to run. She initially said she was flattered, but hadn't really thought about it seriously. Now she is thinking about it. Seriously.

There are several democrats that could give McConnell a run for his money, but most of them are said to be considering a run for Governor. To be honest, I would like to see her run if no other major democratic candidates get in the race (Jerry Abramson). Ashley could raise more money than all other candidates combined and we know that's a major part of the battle.

I think once people hear her talk about the issues and find out she is for real, she will be a legitimate candidate.

Ok, let the Judd DL bashing begin.

by Anonymousreply 11812/05/2012

Quick, give her another series so she doesn't make a joke out of the Democratic opposition to McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 11912/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!