Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nurse Jackie

Anyone can tell me how the last episode of the last season ended?%0D %0D I didn't have Showtime that year, and wondered what happened to Nurse Jackie and the British female doctor.%0D %0D Just watched episode 1 of this season.%0D %0D Oh, and how is she friends with the pharmacist now?%0D %0D Oh, and I still just love Zoe.

by Anonymousreply 16605/11/2014

Can't answer any of your questions OP, since I don't regularly watch the show. But the guy who plays Jackie's husband is so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 103/29/2011

r1 it ended with her husband confronting her about being a drug addict and having the secret po box and she locked herself in the bathroom and laughed at herself in the mirror about going to rehab.

All the characters on this show are so fucking unlikable and the husband is so miscast.

by Anonymousreply 203/29/2011

Let me guess, Jackie was high.

by Anonymousreply 303/29/2011

That show went downhill pretty much at the beginning of season two.

by Anonymousreply 403/29/2011

Really? I watched the first five episodes of season two the other day and thought that it was finally getting good!

by Anonymousreply 503/29/2011

And whoever plays the hospital administrator is fucking brilliant. Has she done anything else? I could watch her all day long.

by Anonymousreply 603/29/2011

Not just the husband, but the British doctor confronted Jackie about her drug use - Jackie also used the money the British doctor gave her for her daughter's private school to buy drugs for herself.

The administrator is played by Anna Deavere Smith, who also played a lady general on The West Wing. She's a brilliant solo actress on stage - does 1-woman shows about important issues that are amazing. Two of them made it to PBS and are available on video: Fires in the Mirror (about the black/Hasidic Jewish clashes known as the Crown Heights riots in Brooklyn, NY) and Twilight: Los Angeles about the post-OJ verdict riots in LA. She interviews hundreds of people and turns the interviews into collage-type scripts where she plays all the different people she has interviewed. Fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 703/29/2011

Anyone know the name of the song that played at the end of the season premiere tonight? I can't find it online.

by Anonymousreply 803/29/2011

This is a bit of a vanity project for Falco...the husband, the boyfriend, and even the cute doctor (who asked her out) are all WAY to good looking to ever notice a mean ugly frau like Jackie

by Anonymousreply 903/29/2011

You can watch every episode of Nurse Jackie, or any other show for that matter, on any number of streaming video sites. These sites have been around for years. Jesus Christ you queens are so fucking old.

by Anonymousreply 1003/29/2011

r10 I tried to tell an old poster the same thing some months back and was told that I was lying, that these sites didn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 1103/29/2011

The husband has no balls. He's so weak, she just hollers and walks all over him and he takes it. He can't man up.

by Anonymousreply 1203/29/2011

[quote]I tried to tell an old poster the same thing some months back and was told that I was lying, that these sites didn't exist.%0D %0D Prove it.

by Anonymousreply 1303/29/2011

The husband's balls

by Anonymousreply 1403/29/2011

Prove what, r13? That these sites exist or that someone here is so out of touch they're unaware of them? And why on earth should I have to prove either of those things? It's clear within this and other threads that there is at least one poster who is unaware of the existence of online streaming sites and, if you're that poster, a simple google search will reveal many of them for you.

by Anonymousreply 1503/29/2011

by Anonymousreply 1603/29/2011

Good grief. I don't know how anyone can get on stage and sit there naked like it's NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 1703/29/2011

thanks r2.%0D %0D I think Jackie gets hot guys... well, because she doesn't give a shit. Men like that.%0D %0D %0D Love that British doctor. %0D %0D r2, you don't even like Zoe?

by Anonymousreply 1803/30/2011

Ok, OP here.. here's the deal about the streamlining.. old yes, 43, I just don't think watching a tv show on my laptop would be enjoyable.%0D %0D oh, and get off my lawn!%0D %0D :)

by Anonymousreply 1903/30/2011

Jackie can be extremely flattering and charming when she thinks she can get drugs off someone. She immediately became chummy with the mom who had percocet at the game, a.k.a. her future supplier.

by Anonymousreply 2003/30/2011

Lord r20, I am naive. I thought her handing back the pill was Jackie was on a sober path and proud she handed the pill over.%0D %0D damn.

by Anonymousreply 2103/30/2011

Thanks R14! I always thought the husband was hot. Never realized I had seen him naked all those years ago in Take Me Out

by Anonymousreply 2203/30/2011

[quote]The administrator is played by Anna Deavere Smith, who also played a lady general on The West Wing. She's a brilliant solo actress on stage - does 1-woman shows about important issues that are amazing.

Not to mention she teaches at NYU at Tisch and at the Law School.

by Anonymousreply 2303/30/2011

I want to have Dominick's ass babies.

by Anonymousreply 2403/30/2011

[quote]The administrator is played by Anna Deavere Smith, who also played a lady general on The West Wing.

Not so. She played the National Security Advisor, not a general.

by Anonymousreply 2503/30/2011

Sorry to be so naive, but I haven't spent any time addicted to prescription painkillers.

What effect do the drugs Jackie is addicted to have on her, exactly? Does she actually take them in part to relieve pain, or did she to start with? Is it just a question of once you're addicted, you have withdrawal symptoms if you don't take them, and you need them to feel normal?

by Anonymousreply 2603/30/2011

they've never really explained why Jackie uses r26

by Anonymousreply 2803/30/2011

r28, most people who are addicts don't become addicts for a reason; the problems only occur once the addiction takes hold.

by Anonymousreply 2903/30/2011

Jackie is such a mean, raging bitch addict, but I notice they do try to soften her up a little and make her look less monstrous by making her do something charitable with some of her patients. I don't think I could watch if they didn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 3003/30/2011

[quote]they've never really explained why Jackie uses

Sure they have. She started after a back injury years ago and kept it up because she felt pressured to keep on working through the pain rather than take time off to heal or have surgery. As a middle-aged woman and pretty much sole supporter of the family, she feared losing her job to someone younger, healthier, cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 3103/30/2011

The second episode is up already. I just watched it on one of those illegal streaming sites.

by Anonymousreply 3203/31/2011

They seem to be systematically trying to reset everything back to normal as if last season's crises meant nothing. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 3304/06/2011

I hate people like R9. That's really not the point of the show. Go watch Gossip Girl if you want to see pretty people.

by Anonymousreply 3404/06/2011

Not really, R33. Falco's character is pretending with manic desperation that nothing's wrong, la la la la la. The kids don't seem to know yet, and everybody else is kinda sorta playing along, except for the doctor. The show's producers know addiction issues very, very well.

Dominic was in the NY Shakespeare staging of "Take Me Out", but not the Broadway staging. I always wondered what happened there.

by Anonymousreply 3504/06/2011

Love this show and just rented at the video store the second season, first 2 discs. There's one more, I'll get it this weekend. The husband is megahot the one she's fucking on the side, sorta hot, but not in the same league. Love Edie, she's such a bitch, so's the bi Brit doc, she reminds me of Samantha, S&TC. Cameo actors are great and love the production, my neighbor does costumes (everyone wears these great vintage leather jackets!).

by Anonymousreply 3604/06/2011

Someone saw her doing a line of something in the basement, not sure if it was her daughter or daughter's friend. And of course people become addicts for a reason, who's the douche who said that they didn't?

by Anonymousreply 3704/06/2011

Nurse Jack%C3%A9e

by Anonymousreply 3804/06/2011

I don't think Dr. O'Hara should forgive Jackie, but that's where it's headed.

by Anonymousreply 3904/06/2011

Nurshe Jackie ish my favorite show!

by Anonymousreply 4004/06/2011

I'm predicting the following this season:%0D %0D - Jackie's relationship with hubby's sister will be a new focus, lessening her scenes at the hospital.%0D %0D - Thus, the tension with O'Hara will go on and may not be resolved until...%0D %0D - Jackie makes a catastrophic mistake with a patient. Bet she gets suspended/demoted.%0D %0D - Zoe, Thor, Fitch and Gloria (yes) will all continue their same one-note performances in incrasingly poorly written fashion. %0D %0D - Oh, and hubby WILL find that oxy in the dental floss box from last season. He'll ask Eddie what it is.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4104/06/2011

More O'Hara lesbo!!

by Anonymousreply 4204/06/2011

Thor does not give a one not performance. He does not even have one note.

The others are a bit predictable but at least HAVE a character and personality beyond fat lug who can't act.

by Anonymousreply 4304/06/2011

I miss the cute Arab guy from season 1. Call me shallow.

by Anonymousreply 4404/06/2011

Hubby's sister? What did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 4504/06/2011

OMG - I forgot about that jump rope rhyme.%0D %0D Cinderella dressed in yellow, went downstairs to meet a fellow..%0D %0D help me finish it purty please

by Anonymousreply 4604/06/2011

"Thor does not give a one not performance. He does not even have one note.

The others are a bit predictable but at least HAVE a character and personality beyond fat lug who can't act."

I read in a recent issue of EW that he's the brother of the show's co-creator and now his casting makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 4704/06/2011

I miss nurse MoMo (Haaz Sleiman).%0D Man, he is so fucking sexy.%0D %0D Wonder why he left after season 1.%0D Anyone, got the scoop on that?

by Anonymousreply 4804/06/2011

Why such an overly white staff? It's bullshit.%0D %0D The last season I saw...she was getting an intervention.

by Anonymousreply 4904/06/2011

The Arab guy is there but he's the only color on the show...the rest are snow flakes and as I said...that is compete bullshit, unless Queens is the most racest place in the country.

by Anonymousreply 5004/06/2011

R50, he's not Arab. He's Indian.

by Anonymousreply 5104/06/2011

Zoe, Zoe, Zoe, Zoe, Zoe, Zoe, Zoe, Zoe!!!%0D %0D Love the character, love the actress.

by Anonymousreply 5204/07/2011

you and me both r52%0D %0D Zoe!

by Anonymousreply 5304/07/2011

Nurse Jackie's pussy smells like old people.

by Anonymousreply 5404/07/2011

[quote]The Arab guy is there but he's the only color on the show...

Thank you Stevie Wonder.

by Anonymousreply 5504/07/2011

The Arab guy was Mo Mo. He was written out after the first season. The Indian guy is Sam. Two completely different people.

by Anonymousreply 5604/12/2011

Jackie kind of looks like a man. Why does her husband stay with her? She's bitchy and not really attractive and she treats him and everyone else like shit.

by Anonymousreply 5704/13/2011

R57, this is what many straight relationships look like.

by Anonymousreply 5804/13/2011

The hot husband is pure vanity casting on Edie Falco's part. No way a guy who looks like that would be with an old shrew like Jackie in real life. She looks at least 10 years older than him. In real life Jackie would have a husband who looked like Jim Belushi.

by Anonymousreply 5904/13/2011

I don't know about that, a lot of bi married guys go for woof-woofs.

by Anonymousreply 6004/13/2011

Who are the people who keep going on and on about "Zoe"? Yeah, she's a supporting character but what is so incredibly awe inspiring about the actress or the character?

Does she resonate with single women of a certain body type or is there something I'm missing?

by Anonymousreply 6104/13/2011

Zoe has lost all of her weight and is wearing baggy clothes and padding to look chubby.

Jackie has had some facial work, has gained some weight and they have improved her make-up and lighting. Now she looks much less like a witch/zombie.

The show has taken a strange twist, it is more 'funny' and surreal. I see Steve Buscemi directed an episode.

by Anonymousreply 6204/13/2011

'Jackie' looks even older to me this season.. and I'm still not getting why Edie Falco is constantly cast with male leads/love interests who're so obviously much younger than her.

I keep seeing the commercials here in NYC for her on Broadway in House of Blue Leaves... she's cast with Ben Stiller. Stiller is no spring chicken but is much, much younger than Falco, or at least appears to be.

It's becoming absurd Edie dear.

by Anonymousreply 6304/13/2011

[quote]No way a guy who looks like that would be with an old shrew like Jackie in real life.

I beg your pardon!!

by Anonymousreply 6404/13/2011

I just watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1, Nurse Jackie didn't really grab me.

by Anonymousreply 6504/13/2011

[quote]and I'm still not getting why Edie Falco is constantly cast with male leads/love interests who're so obviously much younger than her.

Homely older actors have had beautiful young starlets as wives and girlfriends on TV and in film for ages. Why not switch it up? I say good for her.

by Anonymousreply 6604/13/2011

An agent told Edie in a meeting once "You'll never get work, you're not attractive enough."

by Anonymousreply 6704/13/2011

If I'm not mistaken, I think in previous episodes they said Jackie and Kevin were HS sweethearts. I could totally buy that she was cuter back then, and she just aged more poorly. As far as why he puts up with her- she's the main wage earner. That little corner tavern Kevin runs can't be doing much business, it's gotta be in the red. Especially with him sitting there drinking with the customers during broad daylight.

by Anonymousreply 6804/13/2011

I didn't like the show, but Eddie is great, and I love the fact that she isn't beautiful. That haircut is great on her. Who did it? Good work.

by Anonymousreply 6904/13/2011

He'll have an affair next season

by Anonymousreply 7004/13/2011

Not only is Thor a useless glug but now they are giving him a football plot line. THAT is supposed to be a football player?

by Anonymousreply 7104/13/2011

I've been a fan of the show, but the lack of fallout from last season't intervention, plus the emphasis on ridiculous, pointless subplots involving the supporting cast, have left me cold this season.

Now, there's no tension left, wondering when Jackie's web of lies will be discovered. Apparently, everyone more or less forgave her and it was business as usual after ten minutes.

A completely unrealistic and unfair payoff.

by Anonymousreply 7204/13/2011

I'd have fucked Tony Soprano's wife. Nurse Jackie? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 7304/13/2011

I agree R72, Jackie needs to suffer more for her actions, but it looks like everyone's about to forgive her as though nothing happened and she didn't screw everyone she loved over a billion times.

I'm not interested in Zoe's romance at all - they spent too much time on that and some of her cutesy mannerisms have begun to get on my last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 7404/14/2011

Was there a new episode last night?

by Anonymousreply 7504/18/2011

It's new on Mondays.

by Anonymousreply 7604/18/2011

I'm guessing I'd hate Jackie if she were a real person, but I did like how she told off that obnoxious lawyer in the restaurant for yelling at a waitress. Who would really have the balls to do something like that? Looks like O'Hara has gotten over Jackie's betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 7704/19/2011

I will look forward to downloading it. I know it goes nowhere and I like the journey. It is like life.

by Anonymousreply 7804/19/2011

I rarely take my men black but they're introducing a new male nurse character who is absolutely adorably fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 7904/19/2011

They are playing out Jackie's sociopathy and like many a good sociopath, she is coming out of the confrontation unscathed. Happens all the time. Sociopathe truly have to be backed into a corner for a real melt down to happen.

by Anonymousreply 8004/19/2011

[quote]I rarely take my men black

Racist!

by Anonymousreply 8104/19/2011

What I can't get over is how almost 40 year-old Peter Facinelli looks exactly the same as he did when he was in his 20s. The man has not aged in 15 years!

by Anonymousreply 8205/12/2011

R82,

Why would you bump an old thread for this when there's a current Nurse Jackie thread up and running?

Oh, your a TwiTurd fangurl. That's why!

by Anonymousreply 8305/12/2011

Is ANYBODY still watching this?

If so, who would I have to blow or pay off in order to get "Zoe" killed?

by Anonymousreply 8405/09/2013

Please bump the new thread if you're interested.

by Anonymousreply 8505/09/2013

Hey hall monitor R85, I bumped the newest thread I could find, and I actually put some effort into looking.

Why don't YOU fucking bump the "new thread" Mary, instead of prancing from thread to thread bitching about what threads people are using?

And is the irony of your bumping this thread lost on you?

Yeah, I thought so, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8605/09/2013

LOL! BUMP for r85!

by Anonymousreply 8705/09/2013

Seek help, R86.

by Anonymousreply 8805/09/2013

r85/r88 I think really is the same obnoxious troll who keeps bitching about which threads people bump.

Bored are we r88? Really? THAT bored? You have to pick rights on anonymous message bored about the dates of previous posts in a discussion?

Why not just link to the thread you claim is so new and exists?

I'm not 86 but I don't think its that person who needs to seek help.

by Anonymousreply 8905/09/2013

Can we ignore the ass napkin control frau at R85 and get back to discussing the show?

Is anyone still watching? Is there any word on when/if O'Hara will return?

I jumped ahead and watched next week's episode. Has anyone else been able to see it? It's VERY good. Actually one of the best I think.

by Anonymousreply 9005/09/2013

Ever occur to you that the answers to your questions might be contained in the latest thread? Apparently not because you're too worried about someone telling you what to do.

Serves you right.

BTW, I've never posted about bumping a thread before, but whatever lets you spew... have fun.

by Anonymousreply 9105/09/2013

I posted this in another thread and I thought her drug addiction was well portrayed EXCEPT she never acted fucked up. She never had blue boogers, nodded out or even scratched. That part wasn't realistic at all.

by Anonymousreply 9205/09/2013

Where is the "other/new" thread the psycho at R85 / R91 keeps referring to?

Why not just post a link instead trolling a thread you don't like seeing? Christ there are some damaged people trolling this site.

by Anonymousreply 9305/10/2013

The writing is unbelievable. Characters regularly do and say stupid things that the writers think are either cool or funny. It's distracting. Falco needs to date someone her own age, Someone who would actually date an old, skinny wrinkled crone. I am still watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 9405/10/2013

Dr. Cruz (Bobby Cannavle) makes an appearance show next week. I think he and Jackie are going to have grief sex over the death of his son and her fellow drug buddy. The show is okay but I don't understand why all these people are in love in Jackie. Her manipulative ways are really off-putting to say the least.

When she showed the picture to her ex that her daughter drew with Jackie and her girls on one side and him over at the opposite side of the page I thought "bitch probably drew that herself to get him to agree to joint custody."

The English lady is off the show can't say I will miss her.

The new chief Morris Chestnut is hot as all get out.

by Anonymousreply 9505/10/2013

They already did it - you can see episode 5 on Showtime On Demand. There is NO WAY a hot - and rich - man like Dr. Cruz would fuck Jackie - unless he was a bipolar sex addict that fucked anythng.

by Anonymousreply 9605/10/2013

Oh geez I'm behind R96. Yeah I think maybe it happened because she was close to his son and he wasn't so it was like a connection to his son.

by Anonymousreply 9705/10/2013

Agree completely with R94, though I still love the show.

Yes, Jackie needs to date someone HER age and who looks more like her partner might look. The cop seemed to be a perfect match for her, physically anyway, but of course....

[bold] **SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*****[/bold]

[bold]SPOILER - STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW MORE[/bold]

Jackie ends up hooking up with Bobby Cannavale next week. All of those absurd, completely out-of-character phone calls and voice messages she leaves on the dead kid's phone are heard by his dad, Bobby Cannavale and he orders her to dump her cop date and come to his house... Prior to that, Jackie prepared for her date at the hospital. Zoe helped her get dressed and there was much ooohing and ahhing and just complete stupidity that made the Jackie of the first two seasons seem like a dream sequence. Jackie now indulges staff gossip about her to the point where they just ask her questions out in the open and she feigns a passive irritation of it. Where did the secretive, mysterious Jackie go?!?

Cop gets her on date, brings her to a fancy restaurant that they both laugh at and they end up going to a cozy little fish and chips place. Jackie receives a shocking phone call from the dead kid while having dinner with sweet, sexy cop daddy.. It's Bobby Cannavale, not only has he called her, he's standing in a dark corner of the restaurant where she sees him as he says "Dump the date. I need to see you"... Jackie literally dumps the cop right there and heads over to Bobby's place...

Oddly, Bobby didn't wait for her outside. Oddly, Bobby knew exactly where she was. How? We don't know. Who cares, says the writers.. Nobody's gonna ask, right? ...And they fuck. (Bobby Cannavale is SO not what I expected shirtless. I thought he'd be so much more sexy. He's not.)

So now, Jackie will have this 'complicated' thing going on where she likely strings along poor cop who wants to find love with her, her pharmacist boyfriend Eddie (who we KNOW is going to have Jackie back in the sack at some point) and Dr. Bobby Cannavale who apparently will be making a return as a regular character week after next. UGH.

...As if 'Thor' and 'Zoe' aren't insufferable enough characters.

There's also drama with Grace, her daughter, but I'll not go into it unless someone asks.

by Anonymousreply 9805/10/2013

Nurse Jackie has become a Love Goddess and every man desires and wants her. Whose idea was that!

by Anonymousreply 9905/10/2013

Just now watching Oz for the first time. There was Jackie and there was Eddie. While Jackie hasn't changed all that much Eddie sure has. Quite the body in his younger days.

by Anonymousreply 10005/22/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 10105/23/2013

LOL R99! So true.. Jackie is now irresistibly desired by all men who come in contact with her.

What's even more ridiculous: The hot new black daddy doctor is clearly on a path to hook up with Zoe. When and if that happens, I think my brain is checking out of the show.

[bold]! ! ! SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER SPOILER ! ! ![/bold]

For those who're unable to jump ahead one week, I'll give you a short rundown so stop reading if you're uptight about knowing what's going to happen... AND, it's going to spoil a tense situation they've previewed.

No update on Jackie and Grace. Did they meet with Kevin as a 'family'? Is Grace grounded? Is she going to turn into a total goth whore and start panhandling for spare charge at Astor Place or sleep on a bench at Union Square? We don't know... not yet.

Back at the hospital, Jackie has a lunch date with Frank the cop. After being initially repelled by Frank the cop myself, I decided last episode that he's actually adorable and is a huge, blue ribbon catch. He's clearly already in love with Jackie, or close to it. Jackie is walking through a hall, she gets to her old bathroom where she used to snort up... Looks to the left...looks to the right... goes into the ladies room.. Another employee brushes beside her on the way out and Jackie looks around to make sure she's alone.. Uh oh.. This could be bad... She looks at herself in the mirror with a void stare... Her hand reaches into her pocket, the familiar hiding place of all those happy blue pills.. She grabs onto her prize and lifts it to her mouth.... it's a tube of lipstick! - Jackie likes Frank, the huggable, bearish, Italian cop.. She fusses with her hair a bit and, carefully, gently applies the lipstick and returns to the nurse's station.

Zoe is doing her transcribing work, listening to the doctor's notes on tape...(you know what's coming, right?).. Zoe's NEVER been seen doing this and having worked in a hospital before, nurses are rarely the ones doing this kinda thing, at least ER nurses. Zoe looks at Jackie and notices the change.. "You look pretty".. Later on, she hears Coop's nasty sex talk to whorish new doctor and Jackie ends up confronting Coop about it later.

As Jackie is about to leave for date with sexy Cop Frank, he walks in... "I'm so sorry, blah blah blah crap downtown I have to do, have to reschedule".... "You came HERE to cancel lunch on me? You couldn't have sent a text?" says Jackie. Frank tells her something like how she's too important for a text and makes a joke and smiles. Jackie likes him back.

Akalitis fails to get an escort for a 400lb mental patient who breaks into the pharmacy and destroys it, millions of bills everywhere. Thor comes in on Jackie and Eddie cleaning it up and says something pretty funny and leaves. Later, there's a funny moment between Thor, Jackie and Eddie as they walk a hall and Eddies teases Thor about his pot smoking date with a twink dancer... Looking at Thor and his massive stomach he now has, one wonders how on Earth Thor has managed to trick with a twink Broadway dancer but, anyway. There is a scheme hatched between the three to get blood work from Akalitis after her most recent, dangerous forgetful fuck-up.. They pull it off, and the results come in on the following episode.. And they're enlightening and apparently not so good.

The E.R. gets a call, not long after Frank calls Jackie from the South Street Seaport to flirt with her, there is a shooting. One cop down and it's grave, they don't know who but the cop is coming from the Seaport. Jackie is terrified but she turns into Nurse Jackie, begins shouting orders in preparation for the wounded, clearing the E.R. of family and guests, ordering nurses to put radiology on stand-by, ordering IVs and drugs, doing it all as she walks through the E.R. and pointing, like a general taking the battlefield.

Jackie begs for a name of the cop on his way in, nobody knows... The scene is tense and heart wrenching... The cop is rolled in on a stretcher, we see his legs, then his bloody torso.... then his face.........

by Anonymousreply 10205/23/2013

I'll post the remainder of the episode overview but feel guilty about doing so unless someone asks.. Don't want to ruin it for anyone, even though I warn for spoilers.. If you want to know more though, ask and I'll post.

by Anonymousreply 10305/23/2013

R102/103: that's a lot more than just an overview of the episode. Did you write the script?

Paul Schulze (Eddie) and Edie Falco have been in Nurse Jackie, Oz and The Sopranos together. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 10405/23/2013

No way will this show be believeable if the hot doc hooks up w/Zoe? Although she did lose weight- still unrealistic..

by Anonymousreply 10505/23/2013

;-) R104. I admit however I never watched Oz, just too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 10605/23/2013

You forgot the entire Zoe trying to soften up the new tough Army doctor subplot. It makes me sad at how far this show has fallen. It used to be if not great, extremely watchable.

by Anonymousreply 10705/23/2013

R107, the Zoe thing just wasn't worth noting. Oddly, usually being the one in the thread who hates the character the most, she's a lot more bearable this season. She's calmed down a bit. But the cutesy, doe-eyed, naive adult woman thing is still there and it's irritating.

Coop's attempting to rope the whorish doctor into being an actual doctor but I don't think it's going to last. She'll have to leave in order to make way for O'Hara's return next season.

by Anonymousreply 10805/23/2013

How did the whore doctor even get the job in the first place? Beyond that, there is just something "off" about the show this season but I am too lazy to try to put my finger on it. Maybe now that Jackie isn't using and lying and deceiving everyone while being a good nurse, the novelty isn't there and we're left with a generic hospital drama (with a low budget, no less).

by Anonymousreply 10905/23/2013

It HAS become somewhat generic hasn't it? Good word for it.

by Anonymousreply 11005/23/2013

The episode described as a spoiler is, for some reason, already On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 11105/23/2013

What is the point of such a blow-by-blow recap of the next episode?

People like Jackie because she's a compassionate and brave nurse who genuinely cares about her patients. She is also a good friend to those she trusts. When we met her, she was a drug addict and that obviously warped her character. The manipulation and lying were symptoms of her addiction and her efforts to hide it. Of course she is different now that she's clean. Eddie's continuing friendship with her is unreal. A contrivance to keep the character in the show. She betrayed him in so many ways. Her husband's reaction is more real.

by Anonymousreply 11205/23/2013

[quote] Eddie's continuing friendship with her is unreal. A contrivance to keep the character in the show.

I agree completely. Sometimes shows need to have the courage to jettison characters who would realistically not be around anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11305/23/2013

I love this show but I fast forwarded through the whole latest On Demand episode that hasn't been broadcast. The show is completely unbelievable and unbearable for me to watch anymore. That cop is cute and fun, but there is no way he would fall in love with Jackie who looks like she could be his mom. Just a few episodes ago Jackie was a horrible drug addict - narcissist - sociopath, and now she's a slapstick, sexy, selfless Mother Teresa.

by Anonymousreply 11405/23/2013

I think the cop is cuter by the episode and look forward to seeing him shirtless. He's an adorable little bear.

WHY he would be swooning over poor Jackie is beyond me.

Jackie's oldest daughter is completely out of control, as evidenced by next week's episode I watched OnDemand, and it's gonna get worse...as in, drugs. Are we now going to be be deluged in a saving Grace storyline that will have millions turning the channel? Nobody wants to watch this show to see Jackie's kids.

I wish the new whore doctor would leave already. It's completely unbelievable that someone who so detests being in a hospital, so poorly qualified and ready to be a physician would have ever been hired.

And Dr. Pentis is becoming more of a stereotype by the day. Get rid of him already and his tiresome, unapproachable God complex.

by Anonymousreply 11505/28/2013

At least the bear cop is a better match for Jackie than the young ex-husband. Now I watch the show just to see how silly it gets.

by Anonymousreply 11605/28/2013

I still don't understand the purpose of "Thor" except to pop-in to random scenes and do or say something stereotypically gay, like a gay minstrel.

They might as well put a jester's hat on him and have him shake two pink maracas after each punchline and be done with it.

At least the other gay guy (Momo?) had detailed lines and an intimate repor with Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 11705/28/2013

R115, you've never met someone who clearly got to where they were b/c of their looks? It only seems unbelievable if Akalitus did the hiring.

I used to work for an internet company where all the managers were hot as hell but within minutes you realized they were incompetent and the only DSL they knew about were their own luscious lips. The hotties got ugly real fast when you were made to cover for them.

by Anonymousreply 11805/28/2013

R118, I suppose there's a lot of truth to that, but the character we're talking about comes across as blatantly incompetent and even terrified, so it's fair to assume there would have been even a brief vetting of her.

Also, Prentis works for Akalitis. Is this common? Would the ER chief report to/work for the nursing/staffing manager?

I wish Zoe would get "an awesome new job" at another hospital and move-on, maybe get her on show on WE or something, anything to get her away.

I love Akalitis. I bet she'd be a supreme bitch to work for but I still think I'd love her as a boss.

Why is Eddie still there again?

by Anonymousreply 11905/28/2013

I watched the latest episode on OnDemand - we can see it a week early there. There is a scene where Jackie and the cop are in bed together. The contrast between the smooth young cop and Edie Falco is shocking. She is carpeted in rhino-like wrinkles, how could she possibly allow herself to be filmed like that? I know I have said this before, but she must not watch the show or she'd see it. I am a fan of Falco and wish her great success, but this contrast between an old woman and a young man is very, very bad. It seems to me it would be easy to fix with make-up or some camera technique. Why don't they do it? Falco must believe she is still young and beautiful. How can that be - she must look in the mirror?

by Anonymousreply 12005/28/2013

This show is going down the toilet, can't stand the new season, I'm only watching because there isn't anything else on to watch. I don't like that cop at all, he is UGLY esp that beauty mark on his face.

That slut doctor and coop storyline is so dumb, that would never happen in a real hospital ER, they don't have time for that.

by Anonymousreply 12105/28/2013

[quote]She is carpeted in rhino-like wrinkles,

HAHA! That made me spit laugh. Poor Edie F.

Then again, think of all those fugly, gross guys on TV and movies who had the hot wives and girlfriends.. It goes both way and it's even worse with the ugly guy/pretty woman teaming.. Kevin James and Seinfeld come to mind.

R121, the cop kinda grows on you if you let yourself warm up to him. There are some shots of him where he's actually VERY cute and looks years younger than in the first couple of episodes he was in. It's strange. Maybe something with the lighting. But I agree, the mold thing on his cheek is gross but he also seems like a more realistic boyfriend for Jackie.

Can't we just see Kevin nude in nothing but a pair of short black snug boxer briefs, from the feet to chest, just once? Please? Is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 12205/28/2013

This is the best show on TV. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of Momo after Season One, though.

by Anonymousreply 12305/28/2013

It used to be well-written, but I never thought it was the best show on TV, though. This must be the last year, does anyone one know? The writers seem to be preparing us for a wrap-up of the series. Looks to me like their is going to be a wedding. Falco is going to marry the cop, dressed in white, in tears... the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 12405/28/2013

I think Jackie is going to get back with the husband.

SPOILER!!!!!

I watch the new eps one week in advance on demand. Best thing so far this season: Jackie's daughter snorting coke at the end of the latest episode. Like mother like daughter?

by Anonymousreply 12505/28/2013

God, I hope she doesn't get back with him. That would be such a cop-out.

by Anonymousreply 12605/28/2013

[quote] This show is going down the toilet, can't stand the new season, I'm only watching because there isn't anything else on to watch. I don't like that cop at all, he is UGLY esp that beauty mark on his face. That slut doctor and coop storyline is so dumb, that would never happen in a real hospital ER, they don't have time for that.

The current writers must have never seen a recent hospital show because they seem to think doctors sneaking a fuck in an empty room is "edgy" and daring. The fact that this show is only 30 minutes is the best thing going for it. It's just good enough that a half hour isn't a waste of time, but an hour would be.

by Anonymousreply 12705/28/2013

[quote]The fact that this show is only 30 minutes is the best thing going for it. It's just good enough that a half hour isn't a waste of time, but an hour would be.

True.

by Anonymousreply 12805/28/2013

I thought I liked Jackie, but it's dawned on me that I really don't like Jackie at all.

by Anonymousreply 12905/28/2013

Is Zoe related to Jinxx Monsoon?

by Anonymousreply 13005/28/2013

If you want to tell this show is totally over - just look at the fact no one wants to talk about it anymore in here.

by Anonymousreply 13106/05/2013

the cop at least looks suitable for Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 13206/05/2013

I keep WANTING to love it, but it's getting difficult.

Then again, for a somewhat edgy show initially, it's due to have it's off seasons I suppose, so this season could be exhibiting its growing pains.

Either way, it's getting awful close to both tiresome network cliche' television and shark jumping.

Nobody... NOBODY is interested in her obnoxious, irritating daughter. We get it, her kids are fucked up, one of them at least. Is Grace supposed to be making up for Jackie's lack of bad behavior?

If anybody else has jumped ahead to see next week's episode... WOW! The last minute or so surprised even me. I thought I knew something was developing, but then figured the sexy whore doctor would...you know... but... you know... Anyway, that was kinda fun. Wonder how long that will play out. It's a wee bit unbelievable but, okay.. Whatever. It's cool.

by Anonymousreply 13306/05/2013

That sudden plot change had been posted as speculation a few weeks ago. It was true. Has the show been renewed?

by Anonymousreply 13406/05/2013

PAY YO CABLE BITCH

by Anonymousreply 13506/05/2013

Just got picked up for Season 6.

by Anonymousreply 13606/06/2013

"Jackie - you're so beautiful!"

by Anonymousreply 13706/08/2013

I'm with R129, but I keep watching because I want to see her suffer for all she's done. I'm interested in her kid's storyline because I know the kid will hurt her.

by Anonymousreply 13806/08/2013

i would let kevin james bone me like crazy.. big belly pounding against me and everything. hes cute. nice bear

by Anonymousreply 13906/08/2013

Would appreciate updates/ spoilers in this thread, as I no longer get Showtime and that was the only show I watched (and I don't like the show enough anymore to subscribe just for that).

by Anonymousreply 14006/08/2013

I really used to hate Jackie and watched in hopes of her finally getting caught. But once she became a sober I saw the side of Jackie that her coworkers admired and I have actually come to like her.

BTW - Eddie has no reason to be mad at Jackie anymore. He was the one that ensured the end of her marriage to Kevin by telling him everything. He got his revenge.

by Anonymousreply 14106/08/2013

It got renewed cause it's a cheap show to produce.

by Anonymousreply 14206/08/2013

It was spinning its wheels by season three but season four with Jackie in rehab (kinda) turned it around, and this season has effing GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 14306/08/2013

Just saw the final episode of Nurse Jackie. It was really touching and Thor has a beautiful voice. Jackie also had one of her WTF moments.

by Anonymousreply 14406/10/2013

Watched the final episode as well and did a mental double-take towards the end! WOW!

I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 14506/10/2013

i haven't seen the last episode but that nurse does not have any chemistry with that army doctor!

by Anonymousreply 14606/10/2013

The army doctor is sex on a stick! I agree that they are strange together.

by Anonymousreply 14706/11/2013

[quote]Watched the final episode as well and did a mental double-take towards the end! WOW!

Times two! I want to ask a question but I don't want to spoil anything for others that haven't watched yet. I will wait. A week or so. :)

by Anonymousreply 14806/11/2013

bump for those that watched

by Anonymousreply 14906/14/2013

I didn't realize that was the final episode

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

I don't think Jackie made it to that meeting. I think it was an hallucination.

by Anonymousreply 15006/14/2013

I thought this season was better than the last, but I think it suffered some without the Brit doctor. Although Coop is somewhat more interesting.

I find Jackie sober far more boring. Her juxtaposition of super-capable nurse, caring mom, with her complete duplicity as a philanderer and junkie is what made her fascinating. I'm interested to see if next season brings relapse.

by Anonymousreply 15106/14/2013

Oh, and Gloria is still my favorite supporting character. She should win an Emmy already.

by Anonymousreply 15206/14/2013

So did Jackie really take that (year-old) pill and was English doctor pal really there?

by Anonymousreply 15306/14/2013

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

~~~~ Really ~~~~~

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I thought the meeting may have only happened in her mind, especially when O'Hara (Eve Best) turned up there.

Great episode.

by Anonymousreply 15406/14/2013

SPOILERS

Nope, meeting was for real. Being Jackie, she took the pill and showed up for the meeting. Eve Best, who plays Brit doctor, wanted to turn up at the meeting to surprise Jackie after reading the season finale script, according to a brief chat with showrunners--on Showtime On Demand after episode.

by Anonymousreply 15506/14/2013

The last couple of episodes saved it for me.

Can't stand the cop storyline, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 15606/14/2013

I agree it was a hallucination, R150, because I don't think that either Grace or Dr. O'Hara ended up there.

And I think that scene between Frank and Jackie in bed was the last one for for him because I think he got killed later that day.

Jackie will probably hit an even worse bottom next season, which will probably be its last.

by Anonymousreply 15706/16/2013

Once an addict always an addict.

by Anonymousreply 15806/16/2013

R157, what makes you think he got killed?

I believe she actually showed up for the anniversary and is now lying again. That is going to be the death of her and the cop.

by Anonymousreply 15906/16/2013

R159, watch their scene again. It easily foreshadows his probable death.

The aim for next season, as outlined by the producers, is Jackie being alone in the house and taking drugs again. It'll be a helluva lot easier with Frank not in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 16006/16/2013

Why would she do that? Does she have some innate need to be a liar?

by Anonymousreply 16106/17/2013

Edie was nominated for a best actress Emmy . . .In a comedy series

Does anyone think NJ is a comedy series?

by Anonymousreply 16207/18/2013

When Thor sang it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 16307/18/2013

Anyone watching the season premiere tonight?

by Anonymousreply 16404/14/2014

Jesus, this show is still on? Is Jackie still a junkie? What can possibly be going on with her life at this point?

by Anonymousreply 16504/14/2014

well?

by Anonymousreply 16605/11/2014
Need more help? Click Here.