Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WWE Breaks ''No Homophobia'' Pact With GLAAD In Just 1 Week: Announcer Tweets ''Faggot''

How is GLAAD's new partnership with WWE -- where the wrestling group promised to rid its organization of homophobic language and portrayals from here on out -- going? Oh just wonderfully, if you discount the tweet WWE announcer Michael Cole (pictured, right) sent to colleague Josh Mathews: "faggot."

In announcing their partnership, the WWE insisted it "takes this issue [homophobia] very seriously, and has already spoken with our talent about these incidents. We are taking steps and working with GLAAD to ensure that our fans know that WWE is against bullying or discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation." Apparently not every one of WWE's staffers received the memo, though Cole certainly did after his tweet: he's since deleted it.

WWE, wisely, is already on the defensive, saying in a statement: "WWE has alerted GLAAD to the situation and spoken to Michael Cole about his post. He has removed it and apologized for using hateful language. Michael will be included in the training session being done by GLAAD. WWE takes this very seriously and is against discrimination of any kind based on sexual orientation, gender, race, religion or other."

Now let's see what action GLAAD demands from WWE. To which I say, consider the same thought exercise I put forth earlier today: If Cole had tweeted "nigger," would he still have a job?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 803/28/2011

Cole is an asshole and I wish the WWE would just fire him already.

by Anonymousreply 103/27/2011

Who the fuck watches WWE?

Even kids don't watch that shit.

by Anonymousreply 203/27/2011

Did Randy Orton release a statement? I know he is a big supporter of the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 303/27/2011

Why would WWE partner with GLAAD? They mock everyone! Why would they leave out certain groups? That's not equality. Dammit I'm sick of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 403/27/2011

i wonder what would happen if Cena was gay

by Anonymousreply 503/27/2011

My friend is staying with me, and he loves WWE and I have to watch it when it is on since he can't miss an ep. I saw the whole Cena/Rock shit and immediately told him it sure seemed homophobic to me. We both are gay. And Cole is a douchebag, and they want him portrayed that way as a character.

Although I wouldn't mind if Josh came out, he is hot.

And I love Vicki, so much fun to watch her tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 603/27/2011

Michael Cole is a tool. I caught him doing this weird "hype up" thing in the parking garage before he went on at a show (the wrestlers hang around outside w/ fans and in the parking area under the arena). You know how boxers do when they're ready to go back in ? lmao This douchebaggery doesn't surprise me, especially with his recent heel turn. I'm guessing he's trying entirely too hard.

by Anonymousreply 703/28/2011

Oh and I love Vickie too. She gets more heat than almost anyone on the roster. I'm copping an "Excuse Me!!" t-shirt next show.

by Anonymousreply 803/28/2011
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!