Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gays need to discriminate against Mormons.

I can't believe this. A gay I know hired a mormon!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4307/12/2013

There are federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination based on religion. On the other hand, it is permissible to fire or refuse to hire people who create a hostile work environment for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2011

Hired a Mormon to do what?

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2011

You do know, don't you OP, that there are gay and lesbians who are Mormin.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2011

r4 actually I didn't... I thought they'd be thrown out...

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2011

They are R5, except for some deep closeted ones who are climbing the hierarchy with the intention of overturning the policies.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2011

Gays should form a Religion that says all Mormons and Evangelicals should be imprisoned. Then we just need lots of gay cops to clean up the mess.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2011

The Mormon Church's printing office fired one of its employees for having gay friends.

by Anonymousreply 803/29/2011

I am not an attorney (nor do I play one on TV), but I believe the hostile work environment argument is dodgy when it comes to religion. I have a friend who had an employee that would leave anti-Gay pamphlets on the Gay co-workers' desk. The christian co-worker was certainly creating a hostile work environment, but apparently her religious rights trumped the Gay workers rights.

by Anonymousreply 903/29/2011

Gay Americans have no protection from a hostile workplace under federal law. The 24 states and hundreds of cities with anti-discrimination laws that protect gay people do offer offer legal remedies for anti-gay harassment perpetrated by christohlics.

by Anonymousreply 1003/29/2011

You lost me at 'discrimitive', R12.

And wasn't the whole, Mormon-led Prop. 8 campaign 'singling out a particular group to discriminate against?' Or is it only 'truely unamerican' when gays do it?

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2011

R122, the only reason the Mormon church exists is to discriminate against others in employment, credit, housing, etc. It has NO OTHER REASON FOR BEING. Not one of its 12 million adherents believes one fucking word of it. It is a GANG, a street gang like MS-13. Other religions can have members who don't discriminate (Southern Baptists say) even whole congregations that are gay friendly. The Mormons cannot. No matter how they feel about their gay friends, their membership in the group depends on their being willing to discriminate always. Group loyalty is No. 1 to them, there are no other values which matter as much and loyalty=mafia. It is a fundamentally UNETHICAL belief system.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2011

The Mormon Church is a hate group. Lets call it what it is.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2011

Don't call it discriminate, but "keeping your own sanity intact by not associating with them" instead.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2011

What are their primary businesses? Who can I boycott?

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2011

Op is its okay to discriminate against Mormons, that makes it okay to discriminate against gays.

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2011

[quote]What are their primary businesses? Who can I boycott?

Beneficial Financial Group

Bonneville International Corporation (owns a lot of radio and TV stations)

Deseret Book

Deseret Morning News

Hawaii Reserves

Temple Square Hospitality

Zions Securities (Banking and Commercial real estate development . Is currently building multi-billion dollar luxury shopping mall an condominium center in downtown Salt Lake City.)

Huntsman Chemical Corporation.

Jet Blue

Larry H. Miller theaters and car dealerships

There are a lot more. Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 1904/02/2011

and yet the entire Mormon Church relies on The Osmonds to fund them and Marie has a Lesbian daughter. I wonder how they balance that.

by Anonymousreply 2004/02/2011

[italic]Jet Blue[/italic]

They're a Liberal company.

by Anonymousreply 2104/02/2011

The master's house will never be dismantled with the master's tools.

by Anonymousreply 2204/02/2011

Black & Decker%0D Sky West%0D La Quinta%0D Franklin-Covey%0D American Express%0D Iomega%0D Hunstsman Chemical%0D Oakley%0D Albertsons%0D Nu Skin%0D Marriot%0D Jet Blue%0D Novell%0D Bain Capital%0D Dell%0D

by Anonymousreply 2304/02/2011

[quote]Jet Blue They're a Liberal company.

Liberal, really?

Jet Blue founder and former CEO, David G. Neeleman, a Mormon, was one of the directors and a major contributor for Mitt Romney's failed campaign for the Presidency in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 2404/02/2011

WordPerfect certainly

by Anonymousreply 2504/02/2011

[quote] WordPerfect certainly

Word Perfect founder, Bruce Bastian, is a gay man who left the Mormon Church a long time ago for obvious reasons. While he still lives in Utah, he donated over a million dollars to fight Prop 8 in California.

by Anonymousreply 2604/02/2011

An incomplete list of Bain Capital purchases the last ten years:%0D %0D Burger King%0D %0D Warner Music%0D %0D Dollarama%0D %0D Burlington Coat Factory%0D %0D Edgars Department Stores (South Africa)%0D %0D Bavaria Yachtbau%0D %0D Home Depot Supply Co.%0D %0D Guitar Center%0D %0D 3Com%0D %0D Clear Channel Communications%0D %0D Styron%0D %0D Psychiatric Solutions%0D %0D Gymboree%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2704/02/2011

There are literally thousands of companies we need to boycott.

by Anonymousreply 2804/02/2011

Your friend probably thought the guy said he was "more man."

by Anonymousreply 2904/02/2011

I did not hire a Moron brat who listed his Missionary work on his resume as "work experience". Whenever I see any hint of religion on a resume it goes into the trash.

by Anonymousreply 3004/02/2011

How do you feel about hiring Muslims, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3104/02/2011

Then the same goes for Catholics, Orthodox Jews and most Protestants.

by Anonymousreply 3204/02/2011

No R32, some yes, but not most of them. You can divide them by individuals. The Mormons, not so much. Individuality is their biggest enemy.

by Anonymousreply 3304/02/2011

OP, your friend is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3404/02/2011

I already do.

by Anonymousreply 3504/02/2011

Gay theatre director Richard Seer just admitted a mormon to his MFA program at the Old Globe theatre.

You should have seen how the predatory old queen drooled over the guy.

by Anonymousreply 3604/02/2011

r18, that is the dumbest shit I've heard all day. And I love in Florida.

That's like saying, "You can discriminate against violent offenders, but then it makes it okay for violent offenders to discriminate against you."

by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2011

"Yes daddy, give it to me. Oh, it's so hard and good. Thank you Merrill. I love keeping it in the family"

by Anonymousreply 3804/03/2011

Sensibly, it all depends on the situation, the person and the job. I wouldn't hesitate to hire a Mormon teen to work the potato fryer at a McDonalds, would you?

But I worked for AT&T in Denver where Mormon division directors monitored the social lives of Mormon employees and contacted their families to report on "immoral" activities, and called them in for meetings about it. Talk about bizarre. Guess how they responded when someone lied and said two gay employees were "having their lunch" in the men's room? It was brutal and when the lie was revealed the ensuing repercussions were terrible for everyone.

The degree of control in force in Mormon families and communities is such that the fallacy of their being normal, mainstream Americans is exposed. They are a cult that hides their dogma from view, limits freedom of action and curbs liberty, shuns outsiders, and actively manages a PR campaign to build support. They are not much different from $cientologists in a lot of their tactics. And they are at the point of being eager to flex their power to attack their "enemies," which seem to be us - gay people.

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 3904/03/2011

Really now. All of you supporting this topic are acting like infants! Number one: ANY discrimination is bad. Even if you are being discriminated against, it is STILL BAD to discriminate back. And, people should NOT be classified based on sexual status or religion. The ONLY thing that we should be judged by is character: how we act in the face of different events. Second of all: HATE SITES ARE AWFUL. Stop hating!

by Anonymousreply 4007/10/2013

[quote]There are federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination based on religion.

But most states don't have protection for gender preference discrimination. Just fire the Mormon for being heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 4107/10/2013

How? Snub the mission pairs I see on the bus?

by Anonymousreply 4207/10/2013

It's not a religion. It's a cult. Anytime you're near a member of the cult, hide your wallet.

by Anonymousreply 4307/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!