Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

RuPaul''s Drag Race, Season 3 -- part 2

The previous thread was full of itself. Just like Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 55611/14/2011

Team talent, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2011

Alexis has a fat face and sounds retarded.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2011

I know Raja is not black. But, as I said, he is more of a gender bender than a drag queen. Ru loves men who can pass. Raja doesn't attempto to pass. Many times he doesn't even pad the bras. I don't even remember if the other contestants refer to him as she like the do each other. I think they refer to him as he. And while he is a really good make up artist, his face is often to sharp edged, on purpose. Ru like softness.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2011

I met Raja tonight in SF. Damn that bitch is tall.

by Anonymousreply 403/27/2011

Now that Carmen is gone, this is a real competition.

by Anonymousreply 503/28/2011

Shangela's right. She is sickening. Just not in the way that she thinks.

by Anonymousreply 603/28/2011

Does Raja even wear eyelashes? I swear there have been times where she only lines but doesn't use lash. Doesn't help her move from performance to drag.

by Anonymousreply 703/28/2011

I think Manilla may go all the way.

by Anonymousreply 803/28/2011

Raja seems to win all the challenges now. It makes me wonder if the big shock is that Raja doesn't win. I know someone posted she does win but I'm seeing Manila moving up and taking it. Otherwise, it's boring tv, she's been the odds on favorite since about the 2nd episode, sort of like the winner last year. I guess next year I'll just wait until the last 2 episodes to watch if it's so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 903/28/2011

I loved Fantasia tonight.

Who do you think they'll bring back next week?

My fav quote, which I may have to steal: "I hope my mascara doesn't run when you lose."

by Anonymousreply 1103/28/2011

You KNOW Shangela returns... to face Raja in the finals.

Wayne Brady acted so odd - like he was afraid to be caught on camera saying he LIKED the queens as women. Even when he admitted to being a fan of Shangela's, he looked so uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 1203/29/2011

I dont think Wayne was odd at all. He had some really good comments, especially about Alexis's Mae West look.

I loved that Oprah's Legend Ball was referenced 20 times in this episode LOL.

by Anonymousreply 1303/29/2011

Completely forgot the show was on tonight--and I'm a fan. These queens suck (in the bad way). Maybe next year? Maybe new formula? Ru rocks, so whatever she does next, I will bring my creativity, uniqueness, and the rest.

by Anonymousreply 1403/29/2011

I love Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 1503/29/2011

Has Ru ever spoken/written about her encounter with Nirvana? There's the famous snap of her holding Frances but apparently she, the band, and Courtney spent some time together at the MTV awards. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1603/29/2011

Ru and friends

by Anonymousreply 1703/29/2011

I'm really surprised that Raja didn't get any shit about his red carpet outfit. It looked like it was missing from a mall fashion show and was very similar to his first look.

by Anonymousreply 1803/29/2011

Who got eliminated? I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 1903/29/2011

SPOILER ALERT:%0D %0D %0D SHANGELA was eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 2003/29/2011

But they're bringing an eliminated queen back next week. Gee, I wonder who that could be?

by Anonymousreply 2103/29/2011

shirley u. jest

by Anonymousreply 2203/29/2011

They should bring back Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 2303/29/2011

Shangela should have had the heave-ho from the beginning. A ratty mess, Shange is delusional and paranoid...everything to her is some kind of plot against her. Her true colours came out with her Mystique country realness. What a broken hag, you could even see her real hair poking out from the sides of her wig. Her moves are all the same...supercharged by coffee and the gnawing itch of scabies.

Note to Shange: Go to beauty school, learn how to turn a hem and for God's sake, get some meds for your over-arching paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 2403/29/2011

They should bring back Mimi

by Anonymousreply 2503/29/2011

People who may be brought back because, as Ru said, they were eliminated too early:%0D %0D Venus Delite-My vote. She seemed to "get it" more than other contestants that got kicked off after her. Plus Raja was claws and daggers with her (professional jealousy?) so Raja must feel threatened.%0D %0D Pheonix-Great look but lifeless.%0D %0D Mimi Imfurst-Won't be brought back. She violated the no-physical contact clause.%0D %0D India Ferrah-Dull, dull, dull. I was taken with her bosom however.%0D %0D Mariah-Great face. The most unintentionally funny drag queen ever. No talent.%0D %0D SLM-Fat and lifeless. She should not be brought back after that cake nightmare.%0D %0D Delta-Too many chances.%0D %0D Carmen-Ugh, no way. Unless she starts channeling Hilda Suarez, I would rather floss my teeth than watch her.%0D %0D Shangela-Most likely, just for the look on Raja's face.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2603/29/2011

Thank you, Raja (R24).

by Anonymousreply 2703/29/2011

I hope it's Shangela but I don't see them bringing her right back after being eliminated. Maybe someone from the first 2-3 contestants. What I'd like to see is Raja go up against the top 3-4 of the first two seasons. I don't think it would be pretty.%0D %0D Meanwhile, here's a possible contestant for next season and she's famous already.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2803/29/2011

Ill be back, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 2903/29/2011

Ugh-what if it is CARMEN? Michele was in tears when they kicked her off last week.

by Anonymousreply 3003/29/2011

Didn't Ru say it was up to the other judges who comes back? I would find it very hard for Santino and Michelle to make a case for Shangela to come back right after the criticisms they handed her this week.

by Anonymousreply 3103/29/2011

I dislike it when reality shows bring back former contestants, because they already had their chance, and they have the advantage of having skipped challenges. It's not really fair to the remaining contestants at all, but oh, well...I'll still be watching.

by Anonymousreply 3203/29/2011

Uhm, esscuse me, but is this Mr. Wayne Brady kissin' on Shangela at the club last night in this video?

I ain't sayin' shit bout shit, but that right there looks like some shit that would make a bitch give the side eye in the Interior Illusions Lounge.

And I say it to ya face, so it means I love you.

by Anonymousreply 3303/29/2011

It's gotta be pHOENIX or V-nus D-LytE.

by Anonymousreply 3403/29/2011

You can hate Shangela all you want, but she is the ONLY breakout star from any season of Drag Race.

I'm shocked how fat and fugly Tatianna looks in her Absolut commercial. She used to be so pretty, but not any more.

by Anonymousreply 3503/29/2011

Raja looked like she was about to have an emotional breakdown when Ru made the announcement about the returning queen. She definitely had feelings for Miss Hallelu at some point.

by Anonymousreply 3603/29/2011

[quote]You can hate Shangela all you want, but she is the ONLY breakout star from any season of Drag Race.

Seriously. The rest of them take better care of their skin.

by Anonymousreply 3703/30/2011

[quote]Meanwhile, here's a possible contestant for next season and she's famous already.

You do know the link you posted was an article about her arrest for trafficking minors for sexual servitude? I really doubt she will be a contestant next season. Were you being sarcastic?

by Anonymousreply 3803/30/2011

I love r37

by Anonymousreply 3903/30/2011

I'm guessing Venus, even though I hope not. If not her Delta would be my second guess.

I kind of wish they'd bring back Miss Stacy Matthews, I always felt like she got the rough shake from everyone.

by Anonymousreply 4003/30/2011

Its going to be a chick from another of the top ones. Ru never said anything about this season. wait and see the feathers fly and the mascara run. my vote is Ongina.

by Anonymousreply 4103/30/2011

[quote]Its going to be a chick from another of the top ones. Ru never said anything about this season.

No, she did say "from this season."

Did I miss something, or was Delta Work not among the queens they listed in the "Will it be...?" segment?

by Anonymousreply 4203/30/2011

Stacy Lane Bryant Lattisaw Q Matthews!

by Anonymousreply 4303/30/2011

YEs, they mentioned Delta, R42. %0D %0D Loving you, R37. %0D %0D And what was up with Shangela's skin? I doubt she'll be back. She's already come back once, I doubt it will happen again.

by Anonymousreply 4403/30/2011

Shange has a cysts all over her cheeks...why doesn't she get a dermatologist to pop those things? She's probably waiting until they get bigger so there'll be more discharge which when popping, Shange can film and put on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 4503/30/2011

Mange. Mangela.

by Anonymousreply 4603/30/2011

I'm thinking either Venus or Phoenix. Maybe even Mariah. Mimi thought she was trying out for the WWE and Delta didn't leave soon ENOUGH.

by Anonymousreply 4703/30/2011

I so wanted Mimi to be better. Musto mentions her once in awhile and I always thought the name was brilliant.

But Mimi was not brilliant. Dull, needy, weepy, angry.

So my vote is for Mimi to come back, just to see the queens heads explode.

by Anonymousreply 4803/30/2011

Somebody at TWOP posted this screencap from next week's episode with someone who looks a lot like Carmen in the background.

by Anonymousreply 4903/30/2011

Nothing would please me more than to see Stacy Layne Matthews sashaying down the runway again in her gold lame choir robe, so I hope it's her.

by Anonymousreply 5003/30/2011

None of them deserve to come back. This season has so far been one overdue elimination after another, on the way to the crowning of Queen Raja.%0D %0D Who, frankly, deserves it. Maybe not against some of the best of previous seasons, but from this group, certainly.

by Anonymousreply 5103/30/2011

R49, that's definitely Carmen in the background, so I guess she's the one who comes back.

by Anonymousreply 5203/30/2011

Heather is coming back! Alright!

by Anonymousreply 5303/30/2011

R49, I may be daft, but who is in the foreground in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 5403/30/2011

That's some ugly heifer.

by Anonymousreply 5503/30/2011

R54, that must be one of the men they put into drag.

by Anonymousreply 5603/30/2011

So the one in the background might be another 'normal guy' put into drag by the contestants. It might not be Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 5703/30/2011

It definitely looks like Carmen. It's funny how Manila is duplicating the makeup/hair and bow from a previous ep on her "normal" guy.

by Anonymousreply 5803/30/2011

So who came back? Was it Carmen? I missed the episode.

by Anonymousreply 5903/31/2011

[quote]So who came back?

We won't know till Monday, when the episode airs.

by Anonymousreply 6003/31/2011

I hope SLM comes back too.

by Anonymousreply 6103/31/2011

Oh okay, so I didn't miss anything ( I don't know what I was thinking). I hope it's not Carmen, though.

by Anonymousreply 6203/31/2011

[quote]I hope SLM comes back too.%0D %0D As if. They're saving too much money on craft services with her gone to ever consider bringing her back now.

by Anonymousreply 6303/31/2011

I don't get the SLM love. Does she have any talent? She seems like a real sweetheart, but her outfits have been atrocious, and her personality doesn't shine. Where's the creativity, uniqueness, nerve and talent??

by Anonymousreply 6403/31/2011

I just can't get past SLM confessing that she's been with men who didn't know she wasn't a woman.

by Anonymousreply 6503/31/2011

I wonder if she was telling the truth about that. She can get herself seriously hurt playing that game.

by Anonymousreply 6603/31/2011

I like SLM because she doesn't have a chip on her shoulder like all other other big girls.

Delta's tirades in the Interior Illusions Lounge were funny, but she thought the competition and RuPaul were beneath her. NO BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 6703/31/2011

Honestly, though, SLM seems nice enough, yes, but she's a bar queen, the type who's sweet to young guys in bars, gets off a good line now and again, and basically is just a slightly more colorful part of the furnishing. An entertainer she is NOT.

by Anonymousreply 6803/31/2011

I wanted to see a big girl win this season. The other queens always throw shade at the big girls, so I wanted to see one do well and prove them wrong.But Delta is a cunt and Mimi is nuts ( She's not that big anymore),SLM was sweet but too passive.

by Anonymousreply 6903/31/2011

Unless Shangela is the one called back, I%E2%80%99m done for the season. If Shangela doesn%E2%80%99t come back, I wish Alexis the best but we know those judges (male and female) just can%E2%80%99t cum enough in their panties for that ugly ass Raja-Ghoul. That bitch is going to win this thing for sure.

I would love to see Shangela come back though if only just to work Raja-Ghoul%E2%80%99s nerves.

Wow! Last season it was Rough Trade Tyra-The Woman in Me and now Raja-Ghoul. Way to go RuPaul. You%E2%80%99re getting quite goofy in your advancing age.

by Anonymousreply 7003/31/2011

Shangela deserves to stay home this time. She's had her chance, and she didn't even deserve to come back in the first place. The only reason I like Raja is because he hates Shangela. My favorite, however, is Manila. She's got a great sense of humor, the right amount of bitchiness, a great lip-syncher, great style. and looks very feminine.

by Anonymousreply 7103/31/2011

I don't like Raja either, but I do think she was right when she said that Shangela should have been brought back season 4 or 5. When she gets it right, she's beautiful. But Shangela rarely got it right. I think the only reason she didn't go home the first episode is because Venus basically beat her down. She needs more experience. If her look was more polished, she could probably win, the personality is already there.

by Anonymousreply 7203/31/2011

That too-light shading on Manilla's cheekbones has been irritating me for weeks. Why is she never called out for that?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7303/31/2011

I want Feenicks.

by Anonymousreply 7403/31/2011

How soon we forget r72. Shangela got it extremely right during the stand-up comedy challenge. That was her episode and she worked it from beginning to end. She strategized the order of performance to her benefit, clearly had the best comedic routine, looked good with much improved make-up, and noticed by all the judges including the usually harsh Michelle Visage, won the challenge, and got one of the %E2%80%9CHeathers%E2%80%9D eliminated. In my opinion, that was one of the best episodes.

Oh and let%E2%80%99s not forget the following UNTUCKED episode. Those bitches, especially Raja-Ghoul had plenty of nasty things to say to her last week but that week, Shangela shut them down in the Illusions Lounge. They had nothing to say.

Let%E2%80%99s give credit where credit%E2%80%99s due. As RuPaul has been saying since the show started, every one of those girls, out of hundreds who send in tapes and actually get auditions, deserve to be there. Shangela had her considerable strengths and Raja-Ghoul knew it. Just like Raven going after Tatiana last season, when someone bitches about the same person obsessively then that means that%E2%80%99s the person that they feel most threatened by. Let%E2%80%99s give Shangela her props.

by Anonymousreply 7503/31/2011

R73 Someone did call her on it. Gaga's makeup artist, right?

by Anonymousreply 7603/31/2011

Yeah, you're right. She did have her strengths. Apparently she's shooting TV pilots so someone took notice of her.

by Anonymousreply 7703/31/2011

Yep. She needs to not be doing drag, though. A drag queen MUST know makeup and costuming, period.%0D %0D Comedy, yes. Let someone else make her up and dress her.

by Anonymousreply 7803/31/2011

I wish one of the people who were sent home first comes back. They were not given a proper chance. Whatevcer happens PUHLEEEZE not Mimi Imfurst (Imfirst?)

by Anonymousreply 7903/31/2011

Everyone (even the fans) started laughing when Raja said "I'm not going to be nice anymore, I'm thro being kind."

Why do Raja's eyes go crosseyed when she's wearing makeup? It's distracting.

by Anonymousreply 8003/31/2011

Shangela looks like the lead actor from Noah's Arc.

Do they allow non-drag queens in the Interior Illusions Lounge? I so want to go there and dish with the drag queens for hours. I love them all so much.

by Anonymousreply 8103/31/2011

Shangela needs to play up the raggedy-ass, busted drag persona. She really is funnier when she's visibly a man dressed in drag. Anyone remember Flip Wilson? That's kind of who I think of when I watch her. Flip, though, didn't even try to look like a woman other than a purse and dress, whereas Shangela would benefit from being somewhere between Flip and fishy. I don't think Shangela is anywhere near the type of drag queen that Ru is -- she's really more a drag comedian. Hey, isn't that what Mimi Imfurst is??? I think DJ Pierce is very talented and can really break out as Shangela with a little more focus. But I think she keeps hearing the "hide your wigline, fix your make-up, get a prettier dress" criticism and isn't confident in doing the kind of busted persona that would work for her. IMO of course.

by Anonymousreply 8203/31/2011

I never liked Shangela until she won the comedy episode. Gotta give her props -- she was terrific.

Before and after? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 8303/31/2011

[quote]Shangela looks like the lead actor from Noah's Arc.

Darryl Stephens? LOL

No she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 8403/31/2011

Even though she's gone, she's the one you all are still talking about. What does that tell us?

by Anonymousreply 8503/31/2011

Have they started filming the new season of the A-List? I wonder when that show will start airing again?

by Anonymousreply 8603/31/2011

Shangela is a heinous piece of human waste. Fact.

She's not smart enough to keep up with the stream of shit that's constantly pouring from her mouth. And the comedy challenge? Meh. Shangela's act was polished but TIRED. There was nothing original or new in the act, just the aping of other styles. Borrrrring. Her beat ass doesn't deserve yet another chance.

Raja and Manila are the ones to beat. Raja's sense of style and quirk is refreshing and Maila nails a lot of the classic drag tropes. Alexis is truly hideous both in and out of drag with that block head and those chunky hips. I do like Yara, but she needs a speed other than kooky.

I'm glad that dumb as a rock Carmen is gone though. I'd like to see Stacey Lane Matthews come back-- I especially liked her in performance bits-- or maybe Phoenix or Venus. But please not donut in a pants suit, Delta. Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 8703/31/2011

I know it's hip to make fun of Logo, but with Drag Race and the A-List, the channel is starting to come into its own.

by Anonymousreply 8803/31/2011

Feenix is going to win.

by Anonymousreply 8903/31/2011

How many drag queens can clear their schedule and compete in this show? It's not like they're attracting the best of the best.

Most working drag queens have a day job and use their vacation time for drag appearances.

You find the busted up heffas like Shangela who can make it up with $20 gum jobs later.

by Anonymousreply 9004/01/2011

Most drag queens are broke and wouldn't have any problem clearing their schedule. It's not like you have drag queens working as lawyers, doctors or investment bankers. Delta works at a McDonald's.

Ru is making a mistake by picking the prettiest girl as the winner every time. The queens who have gone on to work the most are the funny ones: Shangela, Pandora Boxx, Jujubee, Ongina, Raven.

by Anonymousreply 9104/01/2011

If RuPaul only picked the pretty ones, then Raja would never make it.

by Anonymousreply 9204/01/2011

Exactly r92!

by Anonymousreply 9304/01/2011

Shangela's comedy routine wasn't that funny, but it was energetic and she had confidence. Surrounded by so many dead weights like Carmen, she looks brilliant but she's not really that funny or talented, just loud. The only thing she's good at is being a reality TV contestant.

by Anonymousreply 9404/01/2011

Her little catch phrase was funny too.%0D %0D She said "LaQueefa!!"%0D %0D I said "WHAAT!?!?!!"

by Anonymousreply 9504/01/2011

I wish Ru would replace Michelle Visage with Nene Leaks.

by Anonymousreply 9604/01/2011

Has anyone else noticed the really subtle hints given during clever editing on this show?

I just found out you can watch all the seasons on Logo so I went back and am watching Season 1. I know who won, so it won't be a surprise, but it does allow for an interesting examination of the show.

On episode two with the girl groups, they are critiquing Chanelle, discussing how competitive she is and whether it's good or bad. Ru says "I don't know, I think a true competitor sits in the background and waits for the moment." As she says this, it cuts to a 2-second clip of Chanelle sitting next to Bebe. I've noticed other little hints like this, and knowing how goofy and quirky Ru is, it wouldn't surprise me a damn bit if the show wasn't stuffed with hints and inside jokes worth watching once the winner is announced.

by Anonymousreply 9704/01/2011

HALLELOO, Bitches!

by Anonymousreply 9804/01/2011

[quote]How many drag queens can clear their schedule and compete in this show? It's not like they're attracting the best of the best.

I cant imagine this show taking that long to tape. It probably takes three weeks to tape, and some additional days to audition.

by Anonymousreply 9904/01/2011

[quote] I may be daft, but who is in the foreground in that picture?%0D %0D %0D One of the "straight" athletes the queens have to make over in this week's upcoming episode.

by Anonymousreply 10004/01/2011

This sounds really promising:

"So what%E2%80%99s the deal with the show %E2%80%94 and Shangela%E2%80%99s role on it? Here%E2%80%99s what%E2%80%99s what. A Mann%E2%80%99s World centers on Johnson, who plays Allan Mann, a Beverly Hills hairdresser (yes, really) who is having trouble staying relevant. And this is where Shangela comes into play: In the pilot, Shangela %E2%80%94 err, D.J. Pierce %E2%80%94 is set to play Snip, one of three fabulous, top-tiered stylists who come into Mann%E2%80%99s salon. (One-third of the trio will be played by none other than viral video celebrity Chris Crocker, who became famous after releasing a crying jag about Britney Spears%E2%80%99 infamously botched performance of %E2%80%9CGimme More%E2%80%9D at the 2007 VMAs.) Also starring in the show are Sex and the City%E2%80%98s Mario Cantone and Ellen Barkin. Sex and the City%E2%80%98s Michael Patrick King is set to produce. Not a shabby cast or creative team, to say the least!"

by Anonymousreply 10104/01/2011

So who the fuck are they bringing back? Some of you bitches think you know everything.

by Anonymousreply 10204/03/2011

I found out why they didn't cast one of my favorite queens- Detox- she has had too much plastic surgery (pec implant, ass implants, rib removed) to be considered "drag". I guess that's tranny territory.

It's a shame, she would have crushed Raja to bits with her stillettos.

by Anonymousreply 10304/03/2011

Does Delta Work really work at McDonald's?

by Anonymousreply 10404/04/2011

Delta looks like she eats her share of Big Macs.

by Anonymousreply 10504/04/2011

Just now caught up with the last two episodes.

What a smug, nasty bitch Raja is.

Cannot believe that wannabe supermodel is actually gonna win.

I did feel bad for Shangela though.

by Anonymousreply 10604/04/2011

[quote]Does Delta Work really work at McDonald's?

Well, probably not anymore, if he had to take a month off to be on a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 10704/04/2011

[quote]Does Delta Work really work at McDonald's?

No, she ate them out of business.

by Anonymousreply 10804/04/2011

Oh my.

Shangela, Morgan, Raven, and Sahara on the same stage.

I never noticed how much fucking better Morgan is than those other bitches.

And, how in the fuck does Shangela's earring end up behind her back stuck in her wig?

by Anonymousreply 10904/04/2011

Here's the YT Channel which features most of the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 11004/04/2011

I like Raven, but she is the world's worst performer. She just stands there and pouts her lips while the music plays.

by Anonymousreply 11104/04/2011

Ugh, it's Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 11204/04/2011

Manilla KILLED it! Love her, love her jock.

by Anonymousreply 11304/04/2011

I like Manilla as the winner, it's too bad RuPaul picked Raja already. I wouldn't mind Yara or Alexis winning. Glad to see the heather leave again.

by Anonymousreply 11404/04/2011

Manilla should audition for stuff out of drag, he is a walking comedy.

I hate to say it... but Carmen's body is so hot. I love guys with curvy bodies like that. Shangela was hating.

by Anonymousreply 11504/04/2011

Carmen is a nasty whorebag

by Anonymousreply 11604/04/2011

Where did Ru get enough Super Elastic Bubble Plastic to make a dress out of it?

by Anonymousreply 11704/05/2011

I loved the jocks! Nice to see they were rooting for their sisters to win. This was the best episode this season. Raja and Carmen's lip sync was a sight to behold...

by Anonymousreply 11804/05/2011

Of all the queens, why Carmen?

There is nothing there. Maybe she couldn't afford a bus ticket back to Jersey and Ru felt sorry for her. I need an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 11904/05/2011

Wow, did I love Sasha! He was gorgeous in drag, and gorgeous as himself. I'd marry him in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 12004/05/2011

LOL! They brought her back just so she could leave again. Give her some bus money this time Ru.

That lip-sync was a tragedy. Raja looked possessed.

I still can't believe Manilla is not going to win. I hope that spoiler was wrong and Manilla or Alexis wins.

R115 You like Carmen's curves? Well, it takes all kinds. No judgment here. This was a really good episode.

by Anonymousreply 12104/05/2011

[quote][R115] You like Carmen's curves? Well, it takes all kinds. No judgment here. This was a really good episode.

The jocks also liked Carmen's body.

by Anonymousreply 12304/05/2011

[quote]Wow, did I love Sasha! He was gorgeous in drag, and gorgeous as himself. I'd marry him in a heartbeat.

You mean Slava? Yes, he was adorable and sweet. He really seemed to get into being in drag.

by Anonymousreply 12404/05/2011

If Raja wins and the whole RuPaul/Raja friendship gets exposed even more, then we need to make a pact to give RuPaul HELL. I hope her old drag ass gets raked over the coals for this crap.

by Anonymousreply 12504/05/2011

I just don't get why Carmen is considered so beautiful. That bland face, the empty eyes - and those buckteeth! Ugh.

Loved loved loved the hot redhead jock. Come to daddy....

by Anonymousreply 12604/05/2011

Alexis Mateo actually looked good out of drag when his hair got loose in the dunk tank. Why he thinks that slicked-back ponytail is attractive is a mystery.

Yara is just the cutest thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 12704/05/2011

Those "jocks" aren't straight. They were all gayer than Liza's panty drawer. I mean, really!

I thought Carmen was actually likable last night, but was disappointed to see her revert back to her tired nudity stunts.

Sharon Osbourne was a hoot as a judge. Margaret Cho was surprisingly sedate.

It's going to be a tough battle between Alexis and Jara for that final spot in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 12804/05/2011

The ginger jock was hottttttttttt.

by Anonymousreply 12904/05/2011

Raja is fantastic. Loved her lip sync. Hot, smart, and just overall beyond camp.

Alexis is funny and cute but a mess.

Yara is a cute boy and pretty woman but a shrill mess.

Manila is the full package. Raja's butchness is her only drawback. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 13004/05/2011

In hindsight, I think Carmen was a great participant in this challenge because her body is so feminine. It really threw the jocks for a loop! She certainly deserved to go (again) because she did such a shitty job dressing her straight guy, but her naked persona really added a terrific talking point to the jock discussions. Loved their confusion at getting hot and bothered! And the LSFYL was crazy! Raja did the best job though at sticking to her character and being tastefully raunchy! Very hot.

by Anonymousreply 13104/05/2011

I have found Raja to be basically a really good clothes model with a very bland persona but my opinion changed after watching him lipscynch last night. %0D %0D I thought he was entertaining which surprised me. I like him more than I did before so lipsynching may have been a good thing since we got to see him PERFORM.

by Anonymousreply 13204/05/2011

Raja, with her painted-up man face, is not remotely sexy.

by Anonymousreply 13304/05/2011

Was Carmen's dick still tucked when he removed his bathing suit/panties? Or was he still wearing something nude colored to keep it pulled back?

by Anonymousreply 13404/05/2011

I thought it was tucked because she said in the Interior Illusions Lounge that she used duct tape but her jock wouldn't. But I think it may have come a bit untucked rolling around on the stage with Raja! I think that's why she wrapped Raja's dress around her when she stood up. And she stayed seated a bit when the performance ended. But we need some behind the scenes commentary! I wish these judges blogged like the Top Chef judges.

by Anonymousreply 13504/05/2011

Manila is so dumb. She has to EXPLAIN everything she does.

In the military challenge...America means food?

She's just stupid. Not that you have to be a genius to be a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 13604/05/2011

Loved the jocks. As a damaged gay man, I still crave the male support and comraderie that was depicted on this week's episode. Thought it was very sweet and very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 13704/05/2011

[quote] thought it was tucked because she said in the Interior Illusions Lounge that she used duct tape but her jock wouldn't.%0D %0D Tucks don't come undone with duct tape.%0D %0D And be very carefull removing it cause skin will come off as well.

by Anonymousreply 13804/05/2011

Those were obviously gay men/actors playing straight jocks.

by Anonymousreply 13904/05/2011

I kind of thought so too. Especially the one who said that he was from Europe.

by Anonymousreply 14004/05/2011

My gawd the layers of artifice on this show are truly staggering! It's a parody of a parody of a reality show... kinda impressive!

by Anonymousreply 14104/05/2011

I too thought Raja did a good job in the lip sync and it was a good thing for her to get in some practice. Her jock was so horrible that it looked as if she kinda knew she had to perform before the finale.

Love Manilla and she got off the funniest line of the evening when they were gathering around Carmen as she was leaving to say goodbye she said, "now don't come back!". Hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 14204/05/2011

I thought the Asian athlete's mini-erection was hawt!

by Anonymousreply 14304/05/2011

My favorite Manila line is from the eppy where they cut the singles. She said something like, "Who knew it would be so hard to lip synch to my own goddamned song!" That just CMSU.

by Anonymousreply 14404/05/2011

It's funny how the Boogers have outsmarted the Heathers. The way Shangela got rid of Carmen the first time by giving her the reggae song, and then last night, Alexis pairing Raja with that big oaf.

by Anonymousreply 14504/05/2011

Carmen's head is even bigger now than it already was because Ru (and the other judges)picked her to come back over all of the eliminated queens.

by Anonymousreply 14604/05/2011

Who was the blond/ginger jock and where can I find pictures of him online?

by Anonymousreply 14704/05/2011

R145, your bias is showing.

They're not "outsmarting" each other.

Alexis and Shangela were in the bottom by the same method.

The final three should be Alexis, Manila and Raja because they were the best all along.

by Anonymousreply 14804/05/2011

I wonder how those "straight" guys would have responded if they had to work with one of the big girls, a la SLM or Delta?

by Anonymousreply 14904/05/2011

Carmen's "sister" would have been better suited for Delta -- Delta could have padded that guy's body and made them look like twins.

Delta had shy moments that undercut her, but she only had one real fashion disaster (the sci-fi challenge) and worked the runway. And her hair was always fantastic.

Mimi would have been a disaster trying to get him to be as obnoxious and loud as she is. SLM might have done okay since she usually strolled down that runway, so the guys would have been able to do the same but it would have been sad.

by Anonymousreply 15004/05/2011

Watching "untucked" again from the jocks episode.

As much as I think he's not going to be in the final three, Yara cracks me up. "First time? First TIME??? FIRST TIME???"

If Yara is the one that has the breakdown next week, it's going to be sad. As a boy, he's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 15104/05/2011

Yara has huge, dark circles under his eyes. It makes him look unhealthy or vitamin deficient.

by Anonymousreply 15204/05/2011

Raja and her sister were beyond vile.

WTF kind of outfits were those?

The lip-sinc part was beyond gross.

Alexis and her guy should have won.

by Anonymousreply 15304/05/2011

Those were not straight jocks - no way, no how.

by Anonymousreply 15404/05/2011

R153 is beyond repetitive.

by Anonymousreply 15504/05/2011

I want Alexis' drag sister to fuck me!!! He was hot both as a boy AND a girl!

by Anonymousreply 15604/06/2011

Billy B had posted a couple of pics of Shangela that he beat down, and she was gorgeous and fishy. I checked today to try to link, and he took them down.

by Anonymousreply 15704/06/2011

The jocks were kind of cute. And yes, I think they are actually straight.%0D %0D Alexis should have won the competition. Not only was her sister REALLY beautiful, but she did her makeup flawlessly. I agree that Alexis' jock sister ended up looking better than Alexis. I wouldn't doubt if that one ended up doing drag.%0D %0D Raja's jock sister didn't even try to act feminine, but I think it was because RAJA didn't try. Instead of pushing him to act more feminine, Raja backed away. The other queens didn't put up with the jocks' attitude, and were like "you're doing it!" Raja just gave a half-assed effort, and it showed.%0D %0D Yara's rugby jock was cute, too. He was hot as a man, but looked somewhat manly as a woman. I guess that's why the judges said he looked like Madonna. It was the square jaw. That guy seemed to be the most "curious" of all the jocks, about the drag life. I wouldn't doubt if he swung both ways.%0D %0D Carmen deserved to go home. Better yet, she deserved to not come back. I think that any of the ousted queens would have done a better job than Carmen. The judges nailed it, that Carmen did for Carmen, and not for her sister. That much was obvious. Carmen is a self-centered, immature bitch.%0D %0D Manila lucked out with her jock. That boy WORKED IT, and I loved the schtick with the snapping of the fan. BAM! And he was actually very good at being bitchy, when answering questions on the runway.%0D %0D I DISAGREE, however, that his look was the best. He still looked like a man in drag, and the makeup was more kabuki, than traditional makeup. It was way overdone. But Michelle Visage has a hardon for Manila, which is why I think that she will win it all.%0D %0D I think that all of the jocks were good sports (except for Raja's), and I just loved seeing them all on stage at the end, dancing with the other queens. This was my favorite show of the season!

by Anonymousreply 15804/06/2011

Totally not a Raja fan but I enjoyed her on this episode. Now that she's not fighting w/ Shangela, she almost seems likeable.

by Anonymousreply 15904/07/2011

Wow, the Shangela fans are tiresome. Everything Raja said about Shangela is true. Ditto Delta's claim that Shangela played the victim when people "kept it real" with her the way she did with them and then -- oops -- when she got read, suddenly decided that her tactics, when used against her, constituted "attacks with knives." Her attacks on other contestants to their faces were the most bitter and petty. And once Yara stopped covering for her, after Shangela refused to help her in return, Shangela was finally exposed as what she was -- funny, but inexperienced.

As for Raja, Ru got it right. Raja was "off her game." The idea that she didn't try is bullshit.

Did you actually watch the show? They showed Raja trying repeatedly to get the guy to move, pushing the cheers, etc. The guy didn't even like music and was the shyest and stiffest of the three. And he also had the squarest body and the hardest face to feminize.

Did Raja's look ideas fail? yes, but it wasn't from lack of trying.

by Anonymousreply 16004/07/2011

I'm one of the many watchers who also want to know more about Matt the ginger-hottie. He is total fantasy material and could supplement his income doing online porn.%0D %0D Gay for pay, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 16204/08/2011

Carmen with Joe Mangianello. Werq, hunty!

by Anonymousreply 16304/08/2011

Carmen looks just like Daisy Fuentes.

by Anonymousreply 16404/08/2011

Ugh, the red headed jock was not that hot.

r160 = RAJA

by Anonymousreply 16504/08/2011

Ok, seriously, is Carmen transitioning? Cuz those boobies look realz.

by Anonymousreply 16604/08/2011

It looks like he has his chest pushed together. Some guys are just shaped like a woman. My titties are bigger than Carmens!

by Anonymousreply 16704/08/2011

R165 = Shangela

by Anonymousreply 16804/08/2011

I don't know, here's another picture of Carmen (scroll down). No arms pushing chest together here. Dayum!

by Anonymousreply 16904/08/2011

Girls, girls, you're all ugly.

by Anonymousreply 17004/08/2011

OMG, it sure looks like it. She looks pretty in that picture, though (hard for me to type that).

by Anonymousreply 17104/08/2011

Wow! Delta and Stacy Layne Matthews have lost a ton of weight in R169's link. So has Mimi Imfurst.

by Anonymousreply 17204/08/2011

Stacey Layne Bryant hasn't lost even half an ounce.

Delta's lost a bit, though.

by Anonymousreply 17304/08/2011

What are we going to do with TJ

by Anonymousreply 17404/08/2011

R161 / R165 = crazy.

I'm a Yara fan, who happens to think Raja and Manila have the goods to be superstar.

Go back and watch the second episode where Shangela decides to go after Mimi -- admittedly who was getting on people's nerves -- but determined to tell Mimi she would never be attractive.

I hate hypocrites, and Shangela's "you came after me with knives" schtick after she attacked one queen after another - unprovoked under the claim she was "keeping it real."

This defensive Shangela crap is just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 17504/08/2011

SLM is positively svelte now.

by Anonymousreply 17604/08/2011

Ru should have brought Phoenix back or Mimi for the drama. Oh well I guess.

by Anonymousreply 17704/08/2011

[R177] there's no way they could let someone jump back in after not having been tested that often.

I agree Phoenix would have been fun to see around longer, and not for drama %E2%80%93%C2%A0apart from the ego they all have, I got the impression Phoenix was trying hard at the beginning to prove herself as "cool" and not a troublemaker.

The fact that they had a fifth jock so ready for Carmen's comeback makes me wonder if that this was not quite the impromptu idea that Ru claimed, a response to criticism, etc. But it was clear when she claimed it had to be a unanimous decision among the three judges, it wasn't going to be ... well, most of the competition.

by Anonymousreply 17804/08/2011

I think Ru asked Shangela to come back just so she could stir up these silly arguments. They put them in these silly windowless rooms and have a camera pointing at them. No wonder they feel pressure to act out. But I think Shangela had specific instructions to start these inane arguments as part of the deal to get her back on the show.

by Anonymousreply 17904/08/2011

So does Raja really win? Ugh. I hate Raja.

by Anonymousreply 18004/09/2011

Raja does not win. This is someone's fantasy. Yara Sophia is the winner. Rue let it spill in a recent interview. I tried to get the link but they pulled off the video.

by Anonymousreply 18104/09/2011

Manilla is the winner.

by Anonymousreply 18204/09/2011

Tammie Brown is the winner.

by Anonymousreply 18304/09/2011

Suzy-Laureen, a drag queen from Alaska, is brought in on the final episode and wins.

by Anonymousreply 18404/09/2011

I'm disappointed that there hasn't been at least one disabled contestant in 3 seasons. Most of the other reality competitions will have at least one contestant with a disability every season. It seems discriminatory to me.

by Anonymousreply 18504/09/2011

Well Raja is cross-eyed, r185.

by Anonymousreply 18604/09/2011

[quote]I'm disappointed that there hasn't been at least one disabled contestant in 3 seasons.

You're wrong, honey. Carmen Carrera is mentally retarded.

by Anonymousreply 18704/09/2011

Carmen Carrera and her husband

by Anonymousreply 18804/10/2011

Yeesh, Carmen is gross.

by Anonymousreply 18904/10/2011

Hypothetically, if Carmen became a female, would her civil union remain valid?

by Anonymousreply 19004/10/2011

It almost looks like Carmen got implants. But it could just be the usual push-up illusion.

by Anonymousreply 19104/10/2011

So what happens when someone like Carmen Carrera gets older and doesn't take hormones? Does she end up with a Montgomery Burns body?

by Anonymousreply 19204/11/2011

Don't forget everyone -- it's on an hour early tonight.

by Anonymousreply 19304/11/2011

Evening gown EleGAAAAAANza

by Anonymousreply 19404/11/2011

No spoilers for now -- but amazingly sad.

Not because they were drag queens / drama queens, but you really feel like it's a story about someone oppressed, without much, who poured herself into this to be free.

I'll miss her.

I hope Ru find a way to bring her to Drag U or something.

Yep. I cried.

by Anonymousreply 19504/11/2011

Me too...I thought she deserved to be in the final 3...

by Anonymousreply 19604/11/2011

I hope to God that either Manila or Yara wins.

by Anonymousreply 19704/11/2011

I really dislike Raja.

by Anonymousreply 19804/11/2011

I'm on the Manilla train now. She may be bitchy with the boogers/heathers crap but she has a great sense of humor on the runway and she's a great queen. For me, Raja is more about art than drag and this is drag race. Otherwise, they should just open it up to anyone who can make a dress and a funny hat.

by Anonymousreply 19904/11/2011

I love Manila too. He is funny, witty, and glamorous all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 20004/11/2011

I know Casper the Ghost didnt just throw shade at The Pointer Sisters!

by Anonymousreply 20104/11/2011

I'd be happy with either Raja or Manila winning. But Raja showed more creativity and a greater sense of humor during the season, so I would be a tad bit happier if it goes to her.

by Anonymousreply 20204/11/2011

Alexis might go all the way. Smarter than she looks and lets the others do the drama thing. screws up here and there but very sweet and very pretty as a girl - she IS still there, right? She's one who enefits by being underestimated.

by Anonymousreply 20304/12/2011

Except [R199] that drag has to move forward to not be some relic of the past. People like Raja and Yara, more than Manila and Alexis, have something extra that should make straight people say -- whoa -- there's art there in their craft. They're not just parodies of women. To me, they made this season different in a great way, the way Raven did last season but with lapses.

As Raja just conceded in Untucked, this is why it's a shame Yara fell apart -- Yara has the extra dark dangerous energy AND artistic wow factor that can push drag in new directions.

Yara is more glam than Raja, looks more like a woman than Raja but has liabilities in performance (one note screechy on stage). If Yara were more like Yara backstage Yara would be a real contender.

To me that was what was heartbreaking tonight -- you see in Yara that fragile gay kid who's looking to get out of a world that held him back. In drag, he has major confidence in his look, but contrary to being dubbed part of Team Talent, he really was Team Look and needed some of Alexis' and Shangela's fight.

I loved this show because -- I admit -- drag queens made me uncomfortable when I was dealing with my own shit. I like all the queens in their own way, but I think Raja and Yara and Manila to a lesser extent have the kind of edge that makes gender bending really interesting, not a joke, but really fierce, if that's still a word that matters.

by Anonymousreply 20404/12/2011

And I should add, to those who dismissed Raja as "just" a gender bender...

I thought that at first. But she has turned out some amazing shit on the runway for the last several challenges. Very feminine, very beautiful, and just really very imaginative in ways the others are just stale.

That evening gown that Yara and Alexis were hating on -- damn, amazing.

by Anonymousreply 20504/12/2011

Well said, R205, and I think I know what you mean, but it's the RuPaul show, and there will be no challenging of the status quo on his watch IMO. Even Logo is not truly transgressive.

by Anonymousreply 20604/12/2011

*It seems discriminatory to me.*

Good Lord, who wants to see a disabled drag queen in a wheel chair. Drag is about glamor...nothing glamorous about a cane, wheelchair, crutches or plain gimpiness even if it is bedazzled.

by Anonymousreply 20704/12/2011

Does anyone else think Ru's drag this season is getting sloppier? Two of her wigs have been cheap looking and the dresses don't seem to fit as well as the previous seasons.

I am surprised that Alexis is still there. I don't know, she is always going on about being Puerto Rican and sometimes it just seems racist, but its not because its nationalistic, but I get sick of her always referring to being Puerto Rican and only supporting Yara because she's from the same country. Getting sickening. Plus, she's so pageanty with silly Elvis-ish hair and really terrible hip padding.

by Anonymousreply 20804/12/2011

What about me-- Rosemary Crackers?

by Anonymousreply 20904/12/2011

Carmen's hubs is a hot piece.

by Anonymousreply 21004/12/2011

Mike Ruiz was looking sexy, even with that mop of hair in his face.

r208 I dont think it's sickening at all. They had become very close friends in the competition. I think if Alexis let some of those hip pads go she would have won some of these challenges. I lol when one of the judges called her a desperate 40 year old on the beach!

Yes I didnt like some of Ru's wigs this season. But when you have to wear so many wigs someone is not going to like one of them.

by Anonymousreply 21104/12/2011

*Yes I didnt like some of Ru's wigs this season. But when you have to wear so many wigs someone is not going to like one of them.*

I don't know if it was a matter of liking them or not. I mean the quality. Some of Ru's wigs are just dazzlingly high quality and yet, this season she's worn a few that look like they came from the Zsazsa collection at Walmart. Same with some of the dresses...sort of prom disasters.

Funny about Alexis...she refuses to listen to the judges' advice and she could actually develop out of her tacky pageant-ness. I will say this about her though. She is a lovely genuine Queen and quite adorable. I love the kind and open expression on her face...very pretty, but I just can't get past the Mummsy pageant shite...and the cheesy rubber cans gotta go to.

by Anonymousreply 21204/12/2011

Yara redefined sore loser last night. Ripping off her clothes and not even trying to lip synch. Puhleeeez girl. You ain't all that.

by Anonymousreply 21304/12/2011

No comments on Raja's total bullshit "teary" speech? What a fucking faker. I can't believe nobody called him out on that.

by Anonymousreply 21404/12/2011

Yeah r208, some of Ru's gowns were really unflattering. She no longer mentions the designer, so they must have had a falling out. Must Ru always be a blond?

by Anonymousreply 21504/12/2011

[R214] you seem like you have a lot of issues. You should ask yourself why someone on television provokes this response. It's you, not him.

God forbid a gay man who likes to do drag should come off with some confidence AND speak with experience about not being accepted. He seemed genuine to me.

by Anonymousreply 21604/12/2011

I agree r216. Very heartfelt.

by Anonymousreply 21704/12/2011

Call me slow but I really didn't get why Yara fell so completely apart. I thought maybe it was because she had to compete against someone she cares about?%0D %0D For the life of me I cannot remember the judge's name...the female with the black hair. I swear I hate that nasty bitch though. Her comment about Alexis' ass looking like two hams wrestling around in her dress...bitch please...Olympia called and wants her much more clever dig back. I hate the way she continually digs on Alexis and I can see how Alexis felt the way she did about being picked on. (yeah...I know...suck it up and quit being a big baby).

by Anonymousreply 21804/12/2011

this is a competition and a judged one. the judges comments are meant to help the girls. Alexis has not listened to one word any of them has said. Instead she takes their comments as a personal attack. I think the judges are getting sick of seeing no improvement from her.

by Anonymousreply 21904/12/2011

I think Yara is part gypsy - the Roma influence should have been detected with that headwrap but it only became clear when she begged for money then collapsed on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 22004/12/2011

LOL, r202.

by Anonymousreply 22104/12/2011

Yes, Ru has often looked tacky on the runway this season. And he looks like he's having trouble walking or something. I wonder if any of this has to do with his health scare during filming?

Raja's dress was amazing. He could really be a contestant on Project Runway with his skills.

It was so funny when Manila and Raja said on Untucked that they were going to die if Shangela had popped out of that cardboard box. That would have been hilarious.

Alexis and Yara seem a little crazy. Why would they have breakdowns and give up when they are so close to winning? Are Puerto Ricans this emotional and crazy?

by Anonymousreply 22204/12/2011

[quote]Yara redefined sore loser last night. Ripping off her clothes and not even trying to lip synch. Puhleeeez girl. You ain't all that

r213 Yara was not a poor loser.

by Anonymousreply 22304/12/2011

Yara and Alexis were working my last good nerve on this episode. I've been team Manila from the beginning, but Raja is growing on me. I'm not sure is she's really going to become a drag superstar or not. But I'm an artist, and those artists whose work makes me think what the hell was that, or WTF and whose work make me rethink it, I admire.

So we've been told who the winner is, but I'm still torn between Manila and Raja.

by Anonymousreply 22404/12/2011

r224 you have to be seriously damaged for Yara and Alexis to get on your nerves last night.

by Anonymousreply 22504/12/2011

Manila's makeup is terrible. She always paints the top half of her face two shades lighter than the bottom half.

It looks terrible onstage and during the UNTUCKED show as well.

Girl needs to get a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 22604/12/2011

I wanted to puke when Raja put his grungy cock strap on his face during the infomercial challenge. And I did not need to see Manila's junk when she spread her legs.

by Anonymousreply 22704/12/2011

Yara broke down because she was frustrated that Ru didn't like her very elaborate dress. Remember she said earlier in the episode that Ru is gonna love this dress? Well, she didn't, and Yara decided that since she was in the bottom two that she might just give up from exhaustion.%0D %0D But the interesting thing is that Alexis was the one who wanted to quit earlier in the day. I think Alexis planted that idea into Yara's head.

by Anonymousreply 22804/13/2011

I'm sorry but I watched it again and Raja's anti-bullying speech wasn't from the heart. He's been around enough reality shows to know how to tug at heartstrings. Those tears? That was glitter makeup. Even if he truly feels that way (which hopefully he does) he was faking the emotionality.

His costumes are amazing but his poor dancing, monotone voice and lack of personality wouldn't get me to cough up a $10 cover charge.

by Anonymousreply 22904/13/2011

I assumed Yara had the meltdown over the fact she realized that she would not be able to afford to move to the US without winning the show. I thought it all came crashing down on her that she was returning to Puerto Rico.%0D %0D Otherwise I don't understand what got the judges like Latoya and the photographer guy to break down and cry themselves.

by Anonymousreply 23004/13/2011

What is interesting about Raja is that when he fails, he fails spectacularly. His cocktail look was wretched, as was his commercial. Horrendous. And he was really awful with his jock. His vaunted "sense of style" is strictly confined to a runway walk. Manila beats him handsdown in every other aspect.

by Anonymousreply 23104/13/2011

I also don't believe I saw any tears on Yara's face either. I agree that the whole meltdown came out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 23204/13/2011

So is the finale this Monday, or is it next Monday?

by Anonymousreply 23304/16/2011

I think Yara felt that there was nothing that she could do to please the judges enough to overcome Manila and Raja, who appear to be the judges favorites.

by Anonymousreply 23404/16/2011

Actually, I think part of it is that Yara realized she actually has much more in common with Manilla and Raja than with Alexis and Shangela. She'd have been better off and probably had more fun getting to know them. Instead she was forced to listen to hideous blockhead Alexis blather on and on. I'd have had a breakdown too if I had to listen to that.

by Anonymousreply 23504/16/2011

Finale is Monday 4/25 - This week is a clip show (recap) - Logo is replaying the entire series that day (starting at 10am I think)

by Anonymousreply 23604/16/2011

Re: RuPaul's gowns--agreed that they suck again this year, but the worst looks were in the first season when Sanitation Rice was running them up for her.

by Anonymousreply 23704/16/2011

I think Ru was eager to have a latino winner this year, so if Yara had stepped it up, she might have won. Yara kept falling back on the same ditzy latino persona during the challenges and it got a little tired towards the end.

I guarantee you that a latino will win next year.

by Anonymousreply 23804/16/2011

R235, those self appointed "Heathers" wouldn't have let her get to know them. I actually laughed when Raja said he wished he'd gotten to know the PR girls better.

by Anonymousreply 23904/16/2011

r239, the Heathers/ Boogers thing was so lame and really just kind of embarrassing to watch. I blame donut-in-a-pantsuit, Delta and dumb as rocks Carmen. I love me some Raja and Manilla though.

by Anonymousreply 24004/16/2011

Didn't a Latin girl win the first year?

by Anonymousreply 24104/17/2011

Yeah, didn't Nina Flowers win?

by Anonymousreply 24204/17/2011

Nina Flowers didn't win the big prize, she won, "Miss Congeniality" on the reunion show.

by Anonymousreply 24304/17/2011

The first two winners, BeBe and Mariah, have been big duds, who have done nothing professionally or for the world of drag. I fear that Raja will be more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 24404/17/2011

the first two winners have been big duds, indeed. neither has any true wit. they're both all look and lipsynch (sorta). manila's got look, lipsynch, and wit, which are the things that made rupaul famous and makes her still relevant and intersting. raja is a great art director, intelligent, and has some wit. but, she doesn't have enough to keep you entertained.

by Anonymousreply 24504/17/2011

I meant to say Tyra, not Mariah, as winner of season 2.

by Anonymousreply 24604/17/2011

I follow Jujubee and Pandora on Twitter. They seem to travel the country performing nonstop. Couldn't care less about Tyra. Ru defended Tyra as her pick for Season 2 recently in an interview, it wasn't a credible defense and I think Jujubee's and Pandora's larger success post-show speaks to that.

by Anonymousreply 24704/17/2011

Where did you read that interview, r247? Do you have a link. Sounds interesting, especially that Ru would feel she has to defend her choice at all.

by Anonymousreply 24804/17/2011

Bebe Zahara was an old school drag queen from Cameroon of all places. She totally deserved the title. I think Raven should have taken last season.

I hope Manilla wins still, even though all the gossip is in Raja's favor.

by Anonymousreply 24904/17/2011

Forget where I read the interview. Sorry. Online link. Ru didn't "defend" the choice. The interviewer asked Ru to defend the win given Pandora was the fan favorite, and Ru explained, Oh no, Tyra is this, Tyra is that, Tyra is the kind of person who can do what I do, like represent a brand (!). And Tyra knows old-school drag tricks, like costume changes on the runway (!). Yea, very relevant skills, Ru. Wonder who can sell out a club faster, Tyra or Pandora or Jujubee? Because I know I love to clutch my Absolut cocktail and watch a guy change clothes on stage for 2 hrs.

But it's Ru's show. Ru is not looking for the best entertainer, but the best person who can win these fashion-oriented creative challenges. Of the group, Shangella was the best entertainer this year, and is the only one with a glimmer of a career in the entertainment industry outside the drag niche.

by Anonymousreply 25004/17/2011

Old school drag is boring and tacky. Very provincial Southern drag queen.

I really like the alternative dragsters like Raja, Raven and Nina Flowers.

by Anonymousreply 25104/17/2011

Reality tv competitions are never about who is the "real superstar". Those who win rarely ever go on to future stardom. American Idol is the only show to produce stars and those stars don't even last very long. Kelly Clarkson was their biggest winner and she is a nobody these days.

by Anonymousreply 25204/17/2011

I agree r251. Much more interesting and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 25304/17/2011

Was Raven really that alternative or outre? A lot of rock star attitude, but it seemed like she just wound up wearing short dresses and looking mannish. I think she was her season's Delta Work.

by Anonymousreply 25404/17/2011

The "new school" drag queens Manilla and Raja couldn't even remember the dance routine that they did on the last episode.

[quote]Old school drag is boring and tacky. Very provincial Southern drag queen

Bebe Zahara was not any of those things. She is probably the most cultured of any of the drag queens on this show.

by Anonymousreply 25504/17/2011

I was out of the country for a couple of weeks and was catching up on my DVR... I'm surprised there was no mention of the appearance of Ru, Delta, Raja, and Shangela on The Soup two weeks ago. For one, it seems the bad blood between Raja/Delta and Shangela has tempered down a bit. The sketch was silly.

by Anonymousreply 25604/17/2011

Is Raven a professional makeup artist? Her makeup skills are much better than Raja's, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 25704/17/2011

Raven and Nina, although different stylistically, have by far the best skills and Shange...the worst.

Raja and Ongina don't really use too much makeup. I'm tiring of the extreme white high-lighting used by most of them...completely unnecessary unless your face is a ball like Delta's and needs to be *formed* into something.

by Anonymousreply 25804/17/2011

Carmen and her husband

by Anonymousreply 25904/17/2011

Just a couple questions I thought might make for good discussion here.

1. Do you think RPDR could/would/should/might get picked up by a major network? If so, would it be a success? How would they have to change it? Would you accept it?

2. Should they not bring in a new cast for Season Four, but take this opportunity to bring back contestants from the last three seasons in a RPDR All-Star Race? If so, which 12 would you cast?

by Anonymousreply 26004/17/2011

Did any of you watch the Logo's NewNowNext awards opening? I have to admit that Shangela killed it. She looked great too. Mariah took a huge fall, poor thing.

R258- Raja uses a ton of makeup- he just happens to use a foundation that matches his skin, and he blends. I suspect Manila does that highlighting thing to draw attention away from her jaw (rather than trying to contour it).

by Anonymousreply 26104/17/2011

Carmen and her husband are cute.

I dont think RDPR should be moved to VH1 or MTV even. RPDR would do well if it was solely shown VH1 or even MTV. But what would happen to LOGO? Its really just getting on its feet.

I would love to see Shangela cast in anything, she has a ton of personality. Same for Jujubee, Raven, Manilla, Yara, and Alexis. They have all made me lmao throughout the show.

by Anonymousreply 26204/17/2011

I suppose I should answer my own questions:

I hope they keep it on Logo, but I would love to see Hulu pick it up. I'd hate for it to move to, say, FOX where there would be minimal to no appreciation for the history and culture of drag. I'm actually hoping Ru gets a little more heavy-handed with the history bit. Drag has been around forever and it deserves little tidbits of info sprinkled throughout the show, not just one montage one season.

I would LOVE an all-star drag race. I'd watch the shit out of it. My cast of 12 would be:

Shannell - aka the Maleficent of RPDR

Victoria Parker - she knows her shit, gone too soon

Rebecca Glasscock - specifically to see her against:

Tatianna - she was hilarious, "think you"

Juju - to date, one of the funniest and prettiest

Raven - I can only imagine her take on some of the others

Morgan - youtube this bitch. she can turn it the fuck out

Mystique - loose cannon, but she's actually gorgeous these days

Manila - gorgeous, funny, skilled

Shangela - yes, Shangela. she's great TV

Yara - she's better than Jessica Wild and she's a good little designer

Delta - no other contestant has made me love then hate her so much.

by Anonymousreply 26304/17/2011

Rebecca Glasscock and Tatianna would HATE each other. Raja vs Shangela 2.0

by Anonymousreply 26404/17/2011

The Drag Race does get re-shown on VH-1 - check your listings. They usually do a marathon of 3 eps back to back - they did it last Saturday and will probably do it again with the last 3 eps (incl. the finale) next weekend or soon thereafter.

LOGO and MTV/VH-1 are all owned by the same corporate conglomerate.

by Anonymousreply 26504/17/2011

It's much too soon for an All-Star cast. Wait till they at least have 5 seasons under their belt.

Raja is the star of the season so that will probably mean she'll lose.

Manila is good but so what? Something about her bores me. She doesn't have much of a personality backstage. She contributes nothing on "Untucked".

Raja should win hands down. The judges have worshiped her all season and she BRINGS IT in the drama department. I wouldn't even watch this year if it weren't her. The bitch is ferocious.

by Anonymousreply 26604/17/2011

Raja brings nothing in the drama department on stage, and has no discernible talent other than walking. We all know that she wins, so stop with the "Raja's the underdog" bullshit. It's lamer than she is.

by Anonymousreply 26704/17/2011

[quote]Raja should win hands down. The judges have worshiped her all season and she BRINGS IT in the drama department. I wouldn't even watch this year if it weren't her. The bitch is ferocious.%0D %0D Really? Monotone, cross-eyed, "I'm so bored with it all", no stage presence or acting ability Raja? Not that I think the others are so great either but ferocious is not a word I'd use in association with Ms. Raja.

by Anonymousreply 26804/17/2011

Raven is going to be on the new LOGO reality series about the gay dermatologist to the stars.

I think LOGO is now better than Bravo. Drag Race is better than anything on that network, and the A-List is better than the Housewives shows. LOGO has a couple new reality series debuting after Drag Race is over. A-List will have casts is NYC and Dallas this year. They have AbFab, Strangers with Candy re-runs. And they've had some very entertaining documentaries lately. I watch the channel all the time now.

by Anonymousreply 26904/17/2011

Her look is phenomenal and her attitude is off the charts. Some of you just don't like her because she's a favorite of the judges or because she gets catty with the Boogers. She never got nasty with anyone on that show who didn't deserve it.

Shangela was a CUNT in the first few episodes when she thought she was a cool kid. Then when the tables were turned on her busted, rusted and crusted ass she tucked tail and played the victim. Fuck that.

Raja kept it real from the very beginning and read Shangela for the filth she is.

by Anonymousreply 27004/17/2011

Is Carmen transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 27104/17/2011

Am I the only one who thinks Carmen is hot as a boy? I would fuck him until his knees buckled.

by Anonymousreply 27204/17/2011

I do r272. I love his body shape and apparently so does his husband.

by Anonymousreply 27304/17/2011

Carmen and his husband are gross.

by Anonymousreply 27404/17/2011

Do you think Carmen is top or bottom?

He looks better as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 27504/17/2011

r274 = Ms. Halleloo

by Anonymousreply 27604/17/2011

R275, you're talking about someone who is known for his ability to make his dick look like a vagina. You tell me if you think he's a top or a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 27704/17/2011

Not all drag queens are bottoms though, R277.

by Anonymousreply 27804/17/2011

You never know, r277. There are plenty of fem boys who are vicious tops.

by Anonymousreply 27904/17/2011

I know. Trust me. What I'm saying is, look at Jade from Season 1 who got clocked every time for his tuck. He was doing drag. Carmen makes it into a VAGINA with a little bush/landing strip business. He's all about showing off his ass and being super bottomy. I wasn't trying to lump all drag queens together. He just reads completely bottom to me.

by Anonymousreply 28004/17/2011

Didnt Sahara Davenport use "Hallelu" a lot too? I hope Shangela didn't steal her catchphrase from someone.

by Anonymousreply 28104/17/2011

I bet she did, R281. If you watch Episode 1 of Season 2, when they see one another on the show for the first time, it's like two lost sisters being reunited after twelve years in sex slavery or something. There's history there, which makes me wonder how Manila REALLY feels about Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 28204/17/2011

Ok Raja at r270. You're a thrill a minute.

by Anonymousreply 28304/17/2011

[quote]it's like two lost sisters being reunited after twelve years in sex slavery or something.

*LOL* I hope some of this back story comes out in the reunion show. Raja and Sahara have obviously tasted Shangela's corncob.

by Anonymousreply 28404/17/2011

R280, you're probably right.

Carmen's husband was "straight" for awhile and has a child.

"My husband was straight for ten years after high school. Now he is with me. He gets so jealous when I am Carmen. When strangers tip me in my butt crack he hates it. He is Latin and you know how Latin guys are."

by Anonymousreply 28504/18/2011

OMG R285, I don't even know where to begin after reading that.

by Anonymousreply 28604/18/2011

Another photo of them

by Anonymousreply 28704/18/2011

I think Carmen is transitioning too.

by Anonymousreply 28804/18/2011

Same here, R288.

by Anonymousreply 28904/18/2011

I think I remember in one episode the queens were talking about having sex in drag, and Carmen said that she never has, which is strange if she is transitioning.

R288, she definitely does look like she's on hormones.

by Anonymousreply 29004/18/2011

Just how much work has Tyra had done?

I couldn't tell if it was all makeup but damn did that girl look .... different.

by Anonymousreply 29104/19/2011

r282, I remember Shangela saying that she and Sahara Davenport went to college together.

by Anonymousreply 29204/19/2011

Does Carmen have real boobs or are those boobs?

by Anonymousreply 29304/19/2011

Watching Jujubee, Raven and Tyra together on the last episode just reconfirms what a bad decision Ru made in picking Tyra as the winner.

by Anonymousreply 29404/20/2011

Trya was so fucking stupid and vapid on Drag Race last night. I concur one of the worst decisions since Gore/Bush.

by Anonymousreply 29504/20/2011

Oh I didn't know they were featuring last season's queens. Did they look fat? In those Absolut commercials they all look like they'd gained a lot of weight.

by Anonymousreply 29604/20/2011

Juju is huge. Her head is turning into a balloon. Tyra is retardedly vacant and Raven looked amazing.

by Anonymousreply 29704/20/2011

Tatiana has put on quite a few.

Tyra never had a personality, she was just pretty and gave good runway. Raja's deep monotone voice reminds me a bit of Tyra,

by Anonymousreply 29804/20/2011

Raven and JuJu both have star quality. They make a great team as well -- really witty, sexy, stylish, both of them would have been more deserving than Tyra.

I'd love to see them on stage interacting with the current Top 3.

Tyra looks like a made-over, plastic surgery nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 29904/20/2011

All the same, I love Tyra's winner's circle attack of hyperventilation. Collapsing in a gasping heap was the best performance she gave all season.

by Anonymousreply 30004/20/2011

Raven was a nasty bitch and the reason she went after Tatiana so hard last season because she feared that Tatiana could actually beat her. One of RuPaul Drag Race's finest moments was last season's reunion when Tatiana read Raven up, down, and sideways for what she put her through last season. "You are unhappy and empty." Loved it!

I'm not getting the Raven love. JuJuBee clearly should've won last season.

by Anonymousreply 30104/20/2011

[quote]Just how much work has Tyra had done? I couldn't tell if it was all makeup but damn did that girl look .... different.

Well, her grill has not changed. It's as fucked up as ever.

by Anonymousreply 30204/20/2011

I agree. Raven had a great look and was very polished, but she was a huge BITCH on her season.

by Anonymousreply 30304/20/2011

Raven was attractive but really hard looking. She didn't have any talent though. She didn't have a sense of humor at all and just came across as a bitter bitch. I hated her the most last season.

by Anonymousreply 30404/20/2011

I agree with the Raven hate. Bitch, if you ain't got a lick of humor, what on earth you doin' putting on women's clothes?%0D %0D Can I get an a-men up in here?

by Anonymousreply 30504/20/2011

Amen r305!

by Anonymousreply 30604/20/2011

What was Tyra wearing on her teeth for the reunion show then? She said she had them fixed and they looked ok... are there veneers you can take on and off without having your existing teeth ground down to points?

by Anonymousreply 30704/20/2011

Tyra is a horrid shitstain.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 30804/20/2011

Raven only looked hard because she did horrible things with her makeup. Most notably the brown line that she always draws on her nose to contour it. She stopped being so bitchy at the end of her season.

Tatiana took shit from no one. I hope she comes back for an all star version of this show.

by Anonymousreply 30904/20/2011

During the clip show, a very busty Tyra told RuPaul that she wasn't wearing a chestplate (aka, boobs for queens) and that she was "all natural." Does that mean that she got a boob job?

by Anonymousreply 31004/20/2011

I loved Tatiana! She made Untucked funny and interesting with her comments and reactions. Jujubee and Tatiana were my favorites from last season. It would be great to see them both come back for an all star Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 31104/20/2011

If one gets a boob job, can they still be considered a drag queen? It seems that would make them transgendered.%0D %0D This is my first season watching the show, and I love it! I'm pulling for Manila to win...she's great.

by Anonymousreply 31204/20/2011

Tyra was kidding about being natural.

by Anonymousreply 31304/20/2011

Back Swamp's very own Stacy Layne Matthews should have won this year. She's definitely the fan favorite and the breakout star of this season. If you go back and watch her performances in the space skit and the Snatch Game, she's the best actress from any season.

by Anonymousreply 31404/20/2011

I do not think that Raja is Indonesian. I think that he is ethnic Sri Lankan ( or South Asian ) who was raised in Indonesia -

by Anonymousreply 31504/24/2011

Stacy Layne Matthews cracked my shit up this season. Pure (unintentional) entertainment!

She looks so odd out of drag, like she really is a female. I don't get it....

by Anonymousreply 31604/24/2011

[r315], according to Wiki, he's Indonesian and Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 31704/24/2011

Throw my vote into the ring for an Drag Race All-Star show. It may be too soon, though--maybe after Season 4? And I want to see Tatiana and Rebecca Glasscock in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 31804/24/2011

I just looked at the Season 3 wiki - the real names of the contestants really ruin the illusion.%0D %0D Manila's real name is Karl Westerberg!

by Anonymousreply 31904/24/2011

lol Delta and Yara have the same first name

by Anonymousreply 32004/24/2011

I can't believe that Delta is hispanic. She doesn't come across as latino at all. And I can't believe that she's only 34.

by Anonymousreply 32104/24/2011

That's hilarious that Back Swamp is an actual town. I thought it was a joke!

by Anonymousreply 32204/24/2011

Ru has stated his bias for runway fashionista type drag queens like himself, but the last two winners and probable winner Raja, all seem to be lacking in personality and charm. Seems it would be easier to tutor someone with hair and makeup tips than to transplant a charming personality.

by Anonymousreply 32304/24/2011

who are the finale three?

by Anonymousreply 32404/24/2011

^ Alexis, Manila, and Raja

by Anonymousreply 32504/24/2011

R321 Really? I knew she was Hispanic. Well, I thought she was half white.I suppose she can be mestizo, though.

R323 I completely agree. If a queen gives good runway, she wins. But I think the winner should have the total package; I'm not going to pay to watch some stomp down a runway.

by Anonymousreply 32604/24/2011

r322, I thought it was a joke, too...and I'm from NC. %0D %0D Does anyone know what the whole "tea" (tee, T?) thing is all about?

by Anonymousreply 32704/24/2011

Tea= gossip aka the 411. And it's usually shady.

by Anonymousreply 32804/24/2011

Finale is tonite!%0D %0D I predict that Alexis will be auf'd soon after the start of the show and that Raja will eventually be crowned queen. I'm still pulling for Manilla, though. She was an early fave of mine.

by Anonymousreply 32904/25/2011

Will there be a reunion show? I need to see my SLM again.

by Anonymousreply 33004/25/2011

Who won? Logo went out on our cable for the final 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 33104/25/2011

We have a WINNA!

by Anonymousreply 33204/25/2011

SPOILER ALERT:%0D %0D The winner is%0D %0D SPOILER ALERT:%0D %0D RAJA%0D

by Anonymousreply 33304/25/2011

Would you pay to watch wooden Raja at any show anywhere?

Manila should have won, dammit.

by Anonymousreply 33404/25/2011

We know, R333.

by Anonymousreply 33504/25/2011

No I wouldn't pay to see Raja's frozen face but I would go see Manilla and most of the top 5.

by Anonymousreply 33604/25/2011

OMG, Manila just called that black guy tar baby!

by Anonymousreply 33704/25/2011

At long last, I'm in complete agreement with RuPaul. %0D %0D IMHO...Season 1 should have been Nina Flowers. Season 2 should have been Raven. Season 3 belongs to Raja. Finally, the most deserving bitch.... WON!%0D %0D %0D Hallelu!

by Anonymousreply 33804/25/2011

Excuse me, R338? I couldn't hear you. It's so loud here over in Employment Land.

by Anonymousreply 33904/26/2011

Reunion show next Monday.

by Anonymousreply 34004/26/2011

Msnila wuz Robbed!

(actually, her lipsynch sank her - what was that Cher thing she was doing????)

by Anonymousreply 34104/26/2011

I think the fact Manilla hasn't been friends with Ru for over a decade sunk her.

by Anonymousreply 34204/26/2011

r342, are you also the one that ruined this season by telling us that Raja won?

by Anonymousreply 34304/26/2011

I implied that this season was going to follow patterns established in the previous two seasons, and it did. Condragulations, another statuesque glamourpuss who has nothing to say has been crowned your queen. Bow down, bitches! And find a way to be entertained once her 12 seconds on the runway have counted down. And try to believe that it was a competition whose winner was at all in question.

by Anonymousreply 34404/26/2011

Friends with Ru or not, Raja was the fiercest of the bunch. Her drag was always clean, clever, and cohesive and very "Raja" without being redundant. She's not the most physical performer, but she gives great face and has a definite sense of humor about herself. Also, she's really poised and confident and would make a good spokesperson for the Rupaul brand. Manilla was also fantastic and I think she'll only get better with time. All in all, I think this was the most enjoyable season overall.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 34504/26/2011

Raja was the most creative in terms of fashion and bitch was fierce on the runway, but she fucked up so many challenges and was protected for it. Alexis was right, Raja never got called out for her failures: she was shitty in any challenge that called for comedy or performance (Snatch Game, the military PSAs, the news show), she majorly fucked up the challenge where LaToya hosted for a second time - she didn't know the moves AND did not know the words to her song. Bitch, can you imagine what the judges would have said if anyone but their anointed, Raja, had made those mistakes? I am not going to take Sutan's creativity away from him. He's on another level. The dude served Metropolis realness early on and the judges didn't even get it. But he was also coddled, and did not have to live up to the critiques that took down his fellow contestants. He was playing a different game, and I am not sure it was a "Let's find the best Drag Queen" competition, it was a "Let's find RuPaul's favorite," and well, it was decided when it started, wasn't it?

Still love the show and can't wait for next season, but come on. Ru is never going to pick a funny girl who can't sew, even though the vast majority of queens who make a living are funny girls who can't sew. That just doesn't make good reality TV. And hey, I fully admit, as much as it is bullshit that you have to be able to sew and style your own wigs to win this competition, it's good TV. No doubt about it.

Still it's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 34604/26/2011

I agree with you r346, she was given a blatant pass a few times, but her strengths far outweighed her weaknesses and everyone knew it. I don't think there was any challenge though, save for the one she was up for elimination for, that she really sucked badly enough to merit being in the bottom two. I think it comes down to the fact that it was a rather weak pool of drage queens this season, which made Raja's intelligent brand of genderfuck drag seem all the more fresh and edgy. It wasn't a matter if Raja would make the final three, it was pretty much assumed midway through the competition that it was going to come down to who would be joining her and all those queens acknowledged it in one way or another because she was clearly leagues above quite a few of them in terms of style and creativity. Now, if Raja had to go up against Nina Flowers and Raven, then she might not have been such an obvious frontrunner and probably wouldn't have shined as brightly.

by Anonymousreply 34704/26/2011

I still think Manilla has great style, stage presence, and real star qua;ity...She DID guve Raja a run for her money.

by Anonymousreply 34804/26/2011

What, pray tell, is a "Florida style of drag." I knew Alexis Mateo was through when RuPaul said that Alexis's "Florida style of drag" wasn't going to make it elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 34904/26/2011

I disagree that Raja was all that original. She copied Cabaret, Cher and Grace Jones. Yes, she has a great runway walk and is polished, but sorry, half the time he looked like an ugly man with some eyeshadow.

by Anonymousreply 35004/26/2011

Loved the show, but...

Did it really need to (yet again) be centered around RuPaul's crappy music? This is the final lipsynch of the season and we're given the same crappy song they shot the crappy video too?

Ru's entertaining, but her music sucks. I wish it would have been a much smaller element of the season.

by Anonymousreply 35104/26/2011

Thank you, r349! I know Ms. Rupaul didn't try to read the whole state of Florida last night.

by Anonymousreply 35204/26/2011

RuPaul used the word "genderfuck" to describe Raja's style. Um, I don't think that word means what you think it means, Ms. Charles.

by Anonymousreply 35304/26/2011

[quote]RuPaul used the word "genderfuck" to describe Raja's style. Um, I don't think that word means what you think it means, Ms. Charles.

From Urban Dictionary:

n. (also v.): 1. Deliberately sending mixed messages about ones sex, usually through ones dress (e.g., wearing a skirt and a beard).

It is based upon the belief/idea that either gender does not exist (but only in the context of culture) or that there are multipule genders (beyond male and female), including but not limited to transgender.

It is giving a statement of freedom for all genders in a society where gender confines people....gender, sex, and sexuality are separate characteristics.

Sure sounds like Raja to me.

by Anonymousreply 35404/26/2011

"Genderfuck" is more than a mannish looking dude putting on makeup and a dress. Ryan the choreographer was doing more genderfuck than any of the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 35504/26/2011

Well, I'm first runner-up, so if Raja dies of old age, I may still get the title.

by Anonymousreply 35604/26/2011

Raja deserved this. Manilla was amazing and a thoughtful performer, but she didn't have the edginess of Raja.

by Anonymousreply 35704/26/2011

I agree that Raja deserved to win this year, but next year they need to pick a true comedian or big girl as the winner.

by Anonymousreply 35804/26/2011

[quote]What, pray tell, is a "Florida style of drag." I knew Alexis Mateo was through when RuPaul said that Alexis's "Florida style of drag" wasn't going to make it elsewhere.

I think he meant traditional, unironic, Southern, pageanty drag. Like you'd see at Miss Gay America, etc.

by Anonymousreply 35904/26/2011

Manila was too stupid to win....the girl is one of the dumbest humans ever to appear on television.

by Anonymousreply 36004/26/2011

I don't know, here's a bunch of Florida queens and there are definitely some pageanty ones there, but there are also some really creative ones too.

by Anonymousreply 36104/26/2011

[quote]I think it comes down to the fact that it was a rather weak pool of drage queens this season, which made Raja's intelligent brand of genderfuck drag seem all the more fresh and edgy.

More or less agree.

by Anonymousreply 36204/26/2011

by Anonymousreply 36304/26/2011

stop screaming r363. you don't get to decide what is the end of the thread...sorry entitled cunt...k cunt?

by Anonymousreply 36404/26/2011

I know I am in the minority here, but I really like Alexis best. She is the type I envision when I think of a drag queen. The curves, the big hair, the beautiful face...and she moved WAY better than the other two.%0D %0D Minalla was my next favorite, terrific sense of humor and style.%0D %0D Raja, I just don't get it. Reminded me of some of my butch lez friends with edgy dresses on. Not sexy at all.%0D %0D But what the hell does a lez like me know? I just like good tits and ass (even if they are fake).

by Anonymousreply 36504/26/2011

that's why you're a big ole diesel have little understanding of or appreciation for fashion, style, creativity.

by Anonymousreply 36604/26/2011

I prefered Manilla. Raja has style but no presence or sexuality for that matter. She is boring. I can't imagine Raja hosting a drag show...Two years in a row with the wrong winner.

by Anonymousreply 36704/26/2011

Manilla is hilarious. I bet her and Sahara are a hoot together.

by Anonymousreply 36804/26/2011

Well,the spoiler was right. Manila should have been the winner, she was much better overall. But she's not a long time friend of Ru's.

Manila competed much better than Sahara, though.

And yes, Ru did come for the whole state of Florida lol.

by Anonymousreply 36904/26/2011

I hope Perez Hilton remind people of the story he first broke of Raja-Ghoul and RuPaul being friends before the show and Ru gets rake over the coals for it.

At least BeBe should feel good that to this day she is far and away the most deserving of her RuPaul Drag Race winner status.

by Anonymousreply 37004/26/2011

ya right...where the hell is Bebe now?

by Anonymousreply 37104/26/2011

For me Raja is OK, especially when you consider the horror who won the year before. I still can't get over the dumb Absolut commercial "Tyra" did where she talks about her kid. She really has to be one of the dumbest contestants ever on the show. Why did RuPaul like her??

by Anonymousreply 37204/26/2011

Tyra was the perfect winner, r372, because she will never outshine RuPaul. Same with Bebe. Neither of them have the wit or humor RuPaul has. Raja is edgy and "fierce" but she also will never outshine RuPaul. Manila, on the other hand, could out-wit RuPaul in 2.2 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 37304/26/2011

She was pretty and she was good on the runway. That's all it takes. Well, not this year, because I don't think Raja is pretty but she is quite good on the runway. Ru also liked the fact that Tyra had been taught well. I guess she had a good drag mother.

by Anonymousreply 37404/26/2011

Manila is only 25 or thereabouts. She has time and potential to grow into an amazing performer, in whatever medium.

by Anonymousreply 37504/26/2011

Drag used to mean a talented individual who enhanced his talent, whether it was singing, dancing, or mimicry, with female impersonation. Lip sync it was not. This was billed as a %E2%80%9Cdrag%E2%80%9D champion, not an androgynous one. Raja does not fit drag. I tend to agree that something other than a man in a dress lip syncing is needed to keep one from boredom. All that talk about thinking %E2%80%9Cout of the box%E2%80%9D is the end result of the lessening of performance talent of the individuals.%0D However that being said, I am surprised by the obvious prejudice in Raja%E2%80%99s favor from Ru, and the judges whom now seem that many were friends with him. I am appalled by the apparent prejudice against %E2%80%9Creal looking%E2%80%9D and Latina queens- euphemism being %E2%80%9CFlorida queens%E2%80%9D on Ru%E2%80%99s part.%0D I was briefly acquainted with Ru- I sold her tights at Lee%E2%80%99s Mardi Gras Boutique when she was starting out. She was sweet, kind, honest, and %E2%80%9Clive%E2%80%9D talented. That doesn%E2%80%99t seem so apparent now.%0D Again I wish any Drag performer well. Ru is being paid, Raja got paid, and the other queens got some exposure, but I for one will not watch this show again. We used to worry that Drag Balls of old were fixed for favorites. Well the balls and female impersonation may be gone%E2%80%A6..%0D Bebe%0D

by Anonymousreply 37604/26/2011

"For the love of God, somebody please shit in my mouth!"

by Anonymousreply 37704/26/2011

[quote]ya right...where the hell is Bebe now?

She has been touring in her one-woman show, Queendom. And she attended the Drag Race wrap party. Next she'll be one of the professors of this summer's season of Drag U.

by Anonymousreply 37804/26/2011

"Drag used to mean a talented individual who enhanced his talent, whether it was singing, dancing, or mimicry, with female impersonation."%0D %0D Exactly. Raja has no discernable talent so there was nothing to enhance. The ability to put together interesting outfits and walk well on a runway is nice, but that makes you a good fashion stylist not a talented drag queen. Raja is great at putting together looks, but that's it. I could buy the "edgy, androgynous, genderfuck" stuff if he was actually interesting. He's not.

by Anonymousreply 37904/26/2011

Raja is a dead ringer for lipstick lesbian Brandy Snow from "The Amazing Race."

by Anonymousreply 38004/26/2011

Raja clearly outperformed Manilla in the final lip-sync-for-your-life last night. It wasn't even close, which surprised me.

Raja, however, was creepy when she was feeling up on that stud during the video shoot. She has zero sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 38104/26/2011

No, r380. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 38204/26/2011

[r351] The whole show started off as a way to market and sell Ru's songs and books. It's a great big commercial for Ru.

by Anonymousreply 38304/26/2011

As for Raja not having any sex appeal, he does have a sex drive, though- watch the episode where You've Got SheMail comes on and Ru says she loves a hot c**k in the morning and Raja goes ME TOO - and watch the Untucked where Raja explains that he goes for a guy who is a little rough around the edges with tattoos, much like himself%0D I still don't think that Raja looks ethnic Indonesian, such as say, Anh Dong ( google her ) does ? I think he reads as South Asian

by Anonymousreply 38404/26/2011

R378, has ANYONE watched DragU? I'm surprised that it's still on. I'm a Raven fan and tried to follow but it was terrible and not very interesting. I'm hoping for an All-Star Drag Race soon. I don't think Raja could compete with Juju, Raven, Shanelle and Tati. I think Shangela is already beyond this show and will be laughing at the measly $75 K, especially if her acting career picks up.

by Anonymousreply 38504/27/2011

RAJA rules!

by Anonymousreply 38604/27/2011

I was surprised at Raja's lip synch too. She really brought it and surprised me with her warmth. Then again, it could have just been her make-up. She's definitely better than Tyra from last season. %0D %0D I was cracking up at that video and the shoot. The set was so cheap and RuPaul looked so bored. The song is old and there's already a video. She knew it was only for the sake of the remaining contestants and barely lifted a finger.

by Anonymousreply 38704/27/2011

Raja working gash

by Anonymousreply 38804/27/2011

[quote]watch the episode where You've Got SheMail comes on and Ru says she loves a hot c**k in the morning and Raja goes ME TOO

To be fair, that was the cake challenge episode, and RuPaul was really saying "cake."

[quote]has ANYONE watched DragU?

DragU was indeed terrible last summer, but it was good to see old favorites such as Nina Flowers and Tammie Brown.

[quote]RuPaul looked so bored.

I wondered if that was around the time RuPaul had been hospitalized. She looked exhausted and drained. Did we ever find out what the story was with RuPaul's reported illness during production?

by Anonymousreply 38904/27/2011

Raja working it

by Anonymousreply 39004/27/2011

Work Manilla

by Anonymousreply 39104/27/2011

[quote]To be fair, that was the cake challenge episode, and RuPaul was really saying "cake."

Oh, duh, I just realized that the contestants only heard the bleeped version. Please disregard.

by Anonymousreply 39204/27/2011

[r384] Raja does look "ethnic" Indonesian:

by Anonymousreply 39304/27/2011

That was a very weak final episode. Absolutely no suspense and a terribly anticlimactic final lipsynch.

The "Champion" video looked cheap and boring. What does the "Greek goddess" theme have to do with the song? I also felt sorry for Manila for being assigned the discus. It can be very easy to look statuesque and glamorous with a javeline or a bow and arrow, but a discus? They might as well have had her doing the shotput.

I would have preferred to see Billy B at the final judgment. Santino is an awful judge and talks out of his ass most of the time. I don't know what Ru sees in him.

by Anonymousreply 39404/27/2011

[r389], All I can find on the interwebs is an allusion to a heart attack.

I didn't know about this:

by Anonymousreply 39504/27/2011

Ru loves a good genderfuck artist. Ergo, Raja wins (She does deserve it.)

by Anonymousreply 39604/27/2011

There's not one single "Indonesian" ethnicity. Indonesia was created from the vast Dutch East Indies, an archipelago with thousands of islands and nations.

by Anonymousreply 39704/27/2011

R395, surely that's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 39804/27/2011

To the fyke who said Alexis was her favorite: Alexis said she has a sister who is "a butch lesbian" so maybe head on down to St Petersburg.

by Anonymousreply 39904/27/2011

by Anonymousreply 40004/27/2011

[quote]I didn't know about this: [see offsite link on]

It was published on April Fool's Day. The references to Condoleezza Rice and Clarence Thomas didn't tip you off?

by Anonymousreply 40104/27/2011

RuPaul might have been sick, though. In one segment, Michelle Versage introduced the challenge, which RuPaul usually does.

by Anonymousreply 40204/27/2011

r402, that's because it was the final challenge, where they would star in a video with RuPaul. It would seem odd for RuPaul to come out and say, "This week, you will be starring with me in my video!" Last season, Merle and Santino introduced the final challenge.

by Anonymousreply 40304/27/2011

Why wasn't Michelle a judge on this thing from the beginning? She's much better than Merle

by Anonymousreply 40404/27/2011

Raja reminds me of Holly Woodlawn

by Anonymousreply 40504/27/2011

[quote]It would seem odd for RuPaul to come out and say, "This week, you will be starring with me in my video!" %0D %0D Um. No it wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 40604/27/2011

r406, it would. That's why RuPaul didn't do it this season or last season.

by Anonymousreply 40704/27/2011

R399, I hadn't heard that. I am not really into the butcher lezzies, but I am curious to see what she looks like. %0D %0D I had to laugh when the poster referred to me as a diesel dyke with no fashion taste...SO not even close. Hey, I'll take it though, there is a first time for everything. :o)

by Anonymousreply 40804/27/2011

I like the part where Michelle Versage - shocked by Alexis Mateo's bodacious ta-ta's - exposed her own real titties. LOGO blurred those tits out but I wonder if I can see them online.

by Anonymousreply 40904/27/2011

No, 407, you're wrong. It would be perfectly in keeping with Ru's self-promotional instincts, which she even sends up herself. I'm sure you've noticed that she does ask them to lip-synch to her own songs on occasion, without having someone else do it to protect whatever odd discretion you're crediting her with.

by Anonymousreply 41004/27/2011

RuPaul didn't introduce the final challenge because he was getting into drag for the lunch chat with each contestant.

by Anonymousreply 41104/27/2011

The typical drag queen lunch - a Tic-Tac and a glass of water - is a great way to lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 41204/27/2011

R408 I wonder if Alexis is the lesbo queen of choice? I preferred her as well. She just seemed so cute like a puppy.

by Anonymousreply 41304/27/2011

I think Raja has definite gender issues. I could see him, Carmen and Mariah all having sex change operations.

by Anonymousreply 41404/27/2011

I dont think any of guys would transition except Carmen. Raja even joked that he was going to grow a huge beard after the competition was over.

Becoming a woman is long and often painful process. You really have to feel like a woman on the inside for many years to go through with it.

by Anonymousreply 41504/27/2011

After 10 years of professional drag, Raja still isn't a passable woman--what makes you think he wants to transition, r414?

by Anonymousreply 41604/27/2011

After watching R390's link, it makes me wonder if Raja wants to take it a step further. His performance is pretty out there.

by Anonymousreply 41704/27/2011

Carmen, I can see. Mariah, it's possible. Raja? I hope not. I think her obsession with being a high fashion supermodel might make some people think she wants to transition. But I think Raja likes being a boy. You never know though.

by Anonymousreply 41804/27/2011

I meant R388's video link.

by Anonymousreply 41904/27/2011

I think Raja looks better in those two clips than she did on the show.

by Anonymousreply 42004/27/2011

me too r420

by Anonymousreply 42104/27/2011

Carmen Carrera - On hormones? What do you think?

At about 1:50 in this video, it looks like she has breasts, and when she takes her wig off you can see that she has been growing out her hair.

Maybe she will reveal on the reunion show that she is transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 42204/27/2011

Something is definitely up with Carmen. She doesnt have any bass in her voice.

I love SLM! She has lost a lot of weight.

by Anonymousreply 42304/27/2011

Yeah, Carmen's gotta be on 'mones now. Why would she be wearing a bra otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 42404/27/2011

Someone last season posted a video demonstrating how queens make breasts by pushing their chest tissue together and supporting it with cutlets.

by Anonymousreply 42504/27/2011

True, R425. It could just be the usual push up tricks. But in some photos/videos it looks like they could be real.

by Anonymousreply 42604/27/2011

It looks like all is swell between the "Heathers" and the "Boogers" these days. Raja and Shang seem to be quite chummy now. Nice to see.

by Anonymousreply 42704/28/2011

Well that Raja performance at 390 was about as boring as I'd expect. I went to the finale party and Shangela and SLM shut all those bitches DOWN. Shangela's dancing was sickening and SLM seems to have developed quite the fan base. I think the difference is that they both MOVE (yes, even SLM).

Who wants to watch some glamourpuss strut around the stage for 10 minutes?

And I know Tyra gets shitted on (for good reason I might add), but she too is a monster onstage and can dance HER ass off, too...

by Anonymousreply 42804/28/2011

If Shangela's such a good dancer, why didn't she show any of it on Drag Race?

by Anonymousreply 42904/28/2011

Back Swamp's very own SLM has twice the fan base of Raja. They better bring her back for the All-Star show.

by Anonymousreply 43004/28/2011

No one can fill a stage like Stacy Layne Matthews.%0D

by Anonymousreply 43104/28/2011

I realized last week that I have a celebrity crush on Raja. He's head and shoulders above the others in terms of intelligence and stylishness, and he is funny. I said it in another post and will say it again: he and Delta had a sense of irony and frame of reference that the other girls cannot match. That's why they get along so well.

The question is whether Raja will make a good live drag performer. I can understand the criticism and even see where Shangela might be considered stronger in that regard. That said, there is plenty of room for Raja to grow, and he did grow during the show. He will have to loosen up and let go in order to get there, but I think he will.

by Anonymousreply 43204/28/2011

r425 those boobs look like they are growing from Carmen's chest!

by Anonymousreply 43304/28/2011

by Anonymousreply 43404/28/2011

Room to grow, r432? Raja has been doing drag for 10 years. She is 36. This is all you're ever gonna get from her, and I'm sorry but it just ain't much. Anyone pissed off about Tyra should be fucking infuriated by Raja. Besides an outfit and a catwalk she is a giant black hole onstage.

by Anonymousreply 43504/28/2011

Ru doesn't seem to like the funny queens or the big girls.

by Anonymousreply 43604/28/2011

R433, she could just be pushing up the fat she has there and then using chicken cutlets + duct tape to make them look bigger.

by Anonymousreply 43704/28/2011

I didn't realize SLM was so popular. Why? Is it her personality?

by Anonymousreply 43804/28/2011

Some of the queens hanging out. I do think Carmen must be transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 43904/28/2011

Well, everyone is out of drag except Carmen. And if this is just them hanging out, then she must be transitioning.

That's Mimi in the back right?

by Anonymousreply 44004/28/2011

It is Mimi, R440

by Anonymousreply 44104/29/2011

Any update on Sonique's transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 44204/29/2011

Carmen reminds me of Candis Cayne who reminds me of a pretty Christine Baranski.

by Anonymousreply 44304/29/2011

She looks better as a woman anyway.

R442, I saw a photo of Sonique recently, maybe at the NewNowNext awards. It looked like she got breast implants.

by Anonymousreply 44404/29/2011

Why do they all try to look like Kim Kardashian?

by Anonymousreply 44504/29/2011

Adam Lambert and Sonique

by Anonymousreply 44604/30/2011

Raja has been in the business for 20 years, not 10. Also, she and Delta got along so well on the show because they've been friends in real life for at least 10 years.

Who started the trend of tilting your head and pursing your lips when taking a photo? Was it Paris Hilton? It looks ridiculous and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 44704/30/2011

Just saw the finale and disappointed that Manila lost and Raja won. I can't imagine paying to see Raja in anything. Runway is apparently enough to win in lieu of a personality.

I do give Raja props for being more articulate about why he should win. Any beauty pageant fan knows a contestant has to promote a cause other than winning.

by Anonymousreply 44804/30/2011

Which queen do you think is the cutest out of drag?

I think Raja/Sutan is the hottest guy.

by Anonymousreply 44905/01/2011

Okay, really. Carmen is transitioning. R449's picture should be proof. When you go to the mall dressed as a woman, and there are no cameras in tow . . . you're not JUST a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 45005/01/2011

I think she is transitioning, R450, and will reveal it at the reunion. She looks more feminine now.

She's lucky that her husband seems to be bi.

by Anonymousreply 45105/01/2011

Yeah, count me in agreement that Carmen's gonna get the chop.

Re: R449's link. Raja's cute. I think Manila's got a cute face but hate her 2-toned hair.

by Anonymousreply 45205/01/2011

I think this seals it.

by Anonymousreply 45305/01/2011

Not necessarily, r453. For all we know, that was an event where "Carmen Carrera" was the celebrity guest or something.

I still don't get the buzz about Carmen's body. I just see someone who doesn't eat a lot and never works out.

by Anonymousreply 45405/01/2011

Someone posted it to twitter, R454. It seems like they just ran into her, and she was with Manila and Raja who were out of drag.

You're right though, she could just enjoy dressing as a woman occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 45505/01/2011

r454, the big deal or the deal about her body is that he/she is shaped like a real woman. She still has those big hands though!

by Anonymousreply 45605/01/2011

I remember Carmen saying on the show that she doesn't go out in drag in the daytime. Either she is addicted to the attention she gets when in drag now that she has been on TV, or she is transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 45705/02/2011

She's got fat deposits like a woman. Men just don't get saddlebags.

Have fun with those female hormones, Carmen. You really will have to stop eating to stay in those dresses after you say goodbye to your male metabolism.

by Anonymousreply 45805/02/2011

Reunited 2nite at 9:00 ET! Don't fuck it up!

by Anonymousreply 45905/02/2011

I think she is transitioning, because in those photos she's not in "drag" makeup, just makeup a woman might wear when going out, and she also appears to have breasts. I think it's more than just drag.

by Anonymousreply 46005/02/2011

This is the latest Real Housewife of OC, Peggy Tanous, and I think she looks just like a blond Raja. You have to see her in a video rather than a still to see just how uncanny is the resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 46105/02/2011

That woman has quite a hard face.

I guess we'll find out the truth about Carmen tonight.

by Anonymousreply 46205/02/2011

Venus Dee-light looks Venus Dee-terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 46305/03/2011

Maybe it's just my eyes, but is Shangela sporting a 5 o'clock shadow on the reunion show?

by Anonymousreply 46405/03/2011

That berry on her cheek's big enough to burst out of for the Season 4 premiere.

by Anonymousreply 46505/03/2011

Shangela did her own makeup, I'm sure. Ru is right--she can't blend or highlight for shit. She really looked raggedy, like she just came off a bender.

When they had just the first pack of queens to be eliminated out there chatting, I was bored to tears. What a witless bunch.

Venus seems obsessed with Madonna but she can't do even a passable impersonation of her.

by Anonymousreply 46605/03/2011

I call Mariah as the contestant who will return next season.

by Anonymousreply 46705/03/2011

I was pleased to see Ru asked Raja, Carmen and especially Manila to be profs on the next edition of Drag U - the only 3 from this season. None of the Papis or Shangela...

by Anonymousreply 46805/03/2011

Ugh. Shangela, whom I enjoy, looked terrible last night. What was up with the beard shadow? Didn't she have anyone to help with her makeup?

Carmen had zero personality as usual. RuPaul was the most entertaining thing about the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 46905/03/2011

Yara Sofia - Miss Congeniality!

by Anonymousreply 47005/03/2011

In the whole Heather Vs Booger exegesis, time itself seemed to stand still.

Mariah really is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 47105/03/2011

I thought all of the queens were boring last night except for SLM, Alexis and Delta.

by Anonymousreply 47205/03/2011

Delta was a tragedy last night. That wig was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 47305/03/2011

I suppose that Delta is being ironic in insisting that she is a Heather, right?

by Anonymousreply 47405/03/2011

I hope so, R474.

by Anonymousreply 47505/03/2011

[quote]Ugh. Shangela, whom I enjoy, looked terrible last night. What was up with the beard shadow? Didn't she have anyone to help with her makeup?

I doubt it. Raja did her up last year for the reunion and she looked great.

by Anonymousreply 47605/03/2011

Uh ... R473 / R474 ... and I guess we should add Ru and the Boogers to this....

You do realize that the term "Heathers" is by definition ironic.

Has NO ONE seen the movie? So that I don't spoil it for the legions who appparently haven't seen it, see the link below to see what happened to the Heathers.

Jesus, Raja was right. It's called HUMOR. Look into it.

And Stacie Layne Matthews and Delta I thought both looked amazing last night. As did Mariah, who turned out to be one of the coolest and had the best sense of humor about it all.

by Anonymousreply 47705/03/2011

What does my comment have to do with the definition of Heathers? I really don't care. IMO Delta looked horrible and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 47805/03/2011

Did you read the rest of my post, R473?

I responded to you in saying I thought Delta looked great.

by Anonymousreply 47905/03/2011

Delta, Carmen, and the always flawless Manila all gave great face. Everybody else's makeup looked like shit, with Shangela's being the worst.

by Anonymousreply 48005/03/2011

"Uh ... [R473] / [R474] ... and I guess we should add Ru and the Boogers to this...."

If you start your comment with a sentence like that then clearly your entire post is addressed to me as well. I couldn't care less about the definition of Heathers. I thought Delta looked awful and that's my opinion and it has nothing to do with her being a Heather. I also thought Raja look great last night. She looked better last night than she did throughout the entire season and she also happens to be a Heather.

by Anonymousreply 48105/03/2011

Oh for God's sake, R473, get over yourself.

The next time I write I post to disagree with you, I'll make sure I personally write one just for you. Just like I'm writing this one just to you.

And your opinion, which you've now stated three times, we GOT it. Most people disagree with you. Even Alexis, Stacie, and all the judges thought that Delta did a great great job.

What the hell did Delta ever do to you that you have to post your "there I said it / that's my opinion" three fucking times?

by Anonymousreply 48205/03/2011

It seems to me that you are the one that needs everyone to agree with you. If you need everyone to think that your Delta is gorgeous then that sounds like a personal problem. If others think Delta looked great, I don't care because I'm not so insecure that I need to have everyone agree with my opinion.

You addressed your post to me and now trying to act as if the only part directed at me was you saying you thought Delta looked great. Get real. My original post had nothing to do with the Heathers vs. Boogers dust-up so your original post did not even apply to me. You clearly have no problem with other posters saying disparaging things about the other queens.

I can't help that you are obsessed with Delta and that you need everyone to feel like she is a beautiful goddess. I think it's bizarre that people get so personally invested in reality stars that they are offended by criticism thrown the reality stars way. Anyway, I'm not interested in fighting with you over my OPINION.

by Anonymousreply 48305/03/2011

No, what you are interested is coming after me four times for not directing one part of my post at you. Four times you've said it.

And now you've stated how much you dislike Delta's look a fourth time.

Fucking freak.

by Anonymousreply 48405/03/2011

Delta is going to sic the Civil War bride on all of you! Watch out the next time you're driving on a foggy, deserted road.

by Anonymousreply 48505/03/2011

At the link is the dress MiMi was going to wear, but Ru "aborted" it.

by Anonymousreply 48605/03/2011

Yay for Yara LUV HA!

by Anonymousreply 48705/03/2011

This is my last response to you because it is now clear to me that you are unbalanced and completely incapable of understanding your own writing. I'm angry because you didn't address one part of your post to me? That really makes sense to you? You addressed your entire post to me as well Ru, the "Boogers",R474 and so on. You're incapable of comprehending your own writing and you don't seem to understand that you directed your entire post to me and the others by giving us some silly definition of Heathers. I told you that your post did not apply to mine because I never discussed the Heathers. Either you're embarrassed because you know I'm right or you're simply psychotic. I suspect both.

And you're calling me a "fucking freak" when you are obsessed with a drag queen on a reality show? You're insane! And you clearly have difficulty with reading comprehension. We've all been discussing this show the entire season and we've all had differing opinions but somehow we have managed to get along. I'm sure it's because we are all mentally healthy adults unlike you. We are not obsessed with reality stars who don't know we exist. You clearly have a chemical imbalance and are in need of some serious therapy. You also need to brush up on your reading comprehension. And for the record, DELTA LOOKED AWFUL. I'm sorry that my repeating that makes you feel suicidal but again that sounds like a personal problem that you need to work out with your psychiatrist. I'm sorry that you happen to be just as obese as Delta and take any kind of criticism toward an obese person so personally. Maybe you should try eating less and walking a little more. Or maybe you should save your pennies for future gastric bypass surgery.

Your enormous size is just as unhealthy as your psychotic brain. I feel for you; I really do. DELTA LOOKED AWFUL! Put down that bottle of pills buddy, it isn't worth it. I bet your Delta shrine is something to behold, though. Keep your weekly therapy appointments, continue to take your anti-psychotic meds, keep your Delta shrine clean as it is quite holy, join weight watchers or over-eaters anonymous, learn to separate TV from reality, and learn to comprehend what you read. That way you might have a shot at becoming a sane semi-functioning adult. Good luck buddy. And remember me when you pray to your Delta shrine tonight.

by Anonymousreply 48805/03/2011

by Anonymousreply 48905/03/2011

Delta looked like shit and her personality matches

by Anonymousreply 49005/03/2011

483 and 484: perhaps you two should lipsync for your lives and then the rest of us will decide who should sashay away?

by Anonymousreply 49105/04/2011

Raja was so botoxed he could barely move his face. I think he got his lips plumped too.

by Anonymousreply 49205/04/2011

I still can't stand Raja. Zero personality whatsoever, and he still looks like a man in a dress. The look was even more terrifying at the reunion. Like REALLY bad Joan Crawford / Mommie Dearest drag. Ugh.%0D %0D Not only that, but Raja is too intellectual to be a drag queen. Every amusing and entertaining drag queen that I've known, had a very limited vocabulary, were not that bright, and had tons of personality. Raja just drones on and on and on, intellectualizing EVERYTHING.%0D %0D The only reason that RuPaul picked Raja is because A) he was the most well known of all the Queens, having been on ANTM, and B) He's skinny. RuPaul goes for the "Heather," and nothing more. Which makes the fact that the "Heathers" chose the name "Heathers" for themselves, even more ironic.%0D %0D Yarra Sofia and Alexis Mateo totally CLOCKED RuPaul on the biased nature of the show and its judges. Yarra was absolutely right - there was NOTHING MORE SHE COULD DO, because you could just tell that the judges were skewed in one direction: the Raja and Manila direction.%0D %0D And I love how Alexis called out that stupid bitch Michelle Visage. Visage was full of shit, and she was basically told by RuPaul who to talk up, and who to trash.%0D %0D The whole show is about favortism, and that's that.

by Anonymousreply 49305/04/2011

Thanks for the pic of the dress Mimi wanted to wear. I was wondering what that weird, sci-fi "boa" was... Too bad she wasn't allowed to wear it because it would been the most interesting thing about the reunion (and of course that's exactly why it was banned). On the one hand, typical Mimi to jog the spotlight. On the other hand, if she made that herself, she is genius.

by Anonymousreply 49405/04/2011

Alexis is my favorite. When she reads someone, you know you're getting the whole truth. Shangela wishes she could keep it as real as Alexis.

I'm also a fan of Manilla, Raja and Ru so I was satisfied with the outcome. Very entertaining show.

by Anonymousreply 49505/04/2011

r494, MiMi did make the dress herself. She supposedly spent a lot of time on it, and was very disappointed that she couldn't wear it at the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 49605/04/2011

Apropos of nothing (except that I can't start a thread) I think Ron and Rand Paul should have to provide birth certificates and DNA evidence that they are not related to RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 49705/04/2011

Someone asked Carmen on facebook how she's been getting her boobs to look so real lately in recent pictures, and she gave some answer about tube socks, but they look like implants to me (or am I going crazy?) - I think she's transitioning.

But I guess she is trying to keep it quiet - and I know that to be eligible for Rupaul's Drag Race you can't be trans - maybe it has something to do with her being on Drag U?

by Anonymousreply 49805/04/2011

What can Carmen possibly teach on Drag U? Attitude?

by Anonymousreply 49905/05/2011

by Anonymousreply 50005/05/2011

I truly hate that bitch Carmen. Why is logo trying to make her happen?

by Anonymousreply 50105/05/2011

Delta, Alexis or even SLM should have been chosen for Drag U over the colossally boring Carmen. If it's as boring a show as last season, I won't be watching anyway.

by Anonymousreply 50205/05/2011

I wonder about that too, R501. What makes her so special?%0D %0D I agree R502. Carmen is incredibly boring and she has a bit of a snotty attitude.

by Anonymousreply 50305/05/2011

The Carmen mystique is simple. Ru likes girls who can pass. Of all of them Carmen is the most passable and is "pretty" (matter of opinion).

I thought the RuPaul U was a boring show so I didn't watch much but from what I gather they are teaching clueless women how to look more like Carmen. Carmen is an expert in that.

by Anonymousreply 50405/05/2011

Ru likes girls who can pass? Then how the hell did Raja win this season?

by Anonymousreply 50505/05/2011

I have not watched a single episode of Drag U. Even the promos put me to sleep. I'm glad Ru gets a check and it keeps the alumni working, but seriously...why?

How much do you think the queens get per season of Drag U? I'm curious. I say no more than $15k, and that's probably pushing it.

by Anonymousreply 50605/05/2011

LOL R505.

by Anonymousreply 50705/05/2011

$15k per episode?

by Anonymousreply 50805/05/2011

Drag U would be a lot more entertaining if the drag professors made over other drag queens. Take a bunch of boogers and turn them into Heathers.

by Anonymousreply 50905/05/2011

Raja won because Ru received a lot of criticism for choosing a drag queen that was too closely modeled after himself. He made sure that this season there were big girls, Latina girls, old fashion drag queens, new gender bending drag queens. If he was going to go in a new direction, Raja was the best choice. he is a catwalk kind of drag queen which is somewhat like Ru.

However the University or Academy or whatever it's called, is about helping women become the kind of woman Ru is, you know, thin, glamorous, whatever. Alexis is not about thin and Yara is not about catwalk glamour. He certainly would not have chosen a big girl for that.

by Anonymousreply 51005/05/2011

Drag U is a horrible show. Don't know how it got picked up for another season.

by Anonymousreply 51105/05/2011

Sutan (Raja) and Carmen at an event in Las Vegas

by Anonymousreply 51205/09/2011

Who's the queen in the middle, R512?

by Anonymousreply 51305/10/2011

Does Carmen have the same pose in every picture?

by Anonymousreply 51405/10/2011

If you click on the photo you can see that Carmen has fake boobs

by Anonymousreply 51505/10/2011

Do you think they're fake boobs like implants, R515, or a breastplate like some other drag queens wear? Because I think she might have gotten implants or is on hormones.

by Anonymousreply 51605/10/2011

In the photo in R512 you can see a clear line of where the prosthetic breasts were glued on. It's not as clear at R516. So I guess I am not sure anymore.

by Anonymousreply 51705/10/2011

If you look at R498, they look real (as in implants), but it's hard to tell.

by Anonymousreply 51805/10/2011

She's doing the Paris Hilton face angle. I guess that's how you make a wonky nose look better.

My guess is that she's taking hormones, which add fat to the pecs, then taping them for their life.

by Anonymousreply 51905/10/2011

I've always wondered if Carmen was a ballroom queen, is she?

by Anonymousreply 52005/11/2011

[quote]I've always wondered if Carmen was a ballroom queen, is she?

I think she is, or has been -- I know her drag mom, Angela Carrera, is well known in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 52105/11/2011

OK, I thought so, R521. Her whole persona screams ballroom queen to me. And I know that the ballroom girls would gag over Carmen's body.

by Anonymousreply 52205/11/2011

Shangela's website has been hacked . . . by . . . the Taliban?

by Anonymousreply 52305/14/2011

What is a "ballroom queen," r520?

by Anonymousreply 52405/14/2011

Ball culture, the house system, the ballroom community and similar terms describe the underground LGBT subculture in the United States in which people "walk" (i.e. compete) for trophies and prizes at events known as balls. Those who walk often also dance and vogue while others compete in various genres of drag often trying to pass as a specific gender and social class. Most people involved with ball culture belong to "houses" led by a single leader.[1][2][3] Contents [hide]

by Anonymousreply 52505/14/2011

Is that different than Mariah doing actual ballroom dancing? I'm slightly confused.

by Anonymousreply 52605/14/2011

Mariah is also apart of the ballroom scene where competes in drag competitions. She's not an actually ballroom dancer, like what you'd see on dancing with the stars.

by Anonymousreply 52705/14/2011

LOL at people thinking drag ballrooms = ballroom dancing!

by Anonymousreply 52805/14/2011

Damn, my post was a mess.

Mariah is also apart of the ballroom scene where she competes in drag competitions. She's not an actual ballroom dancer, like what you'd see on Dancing with the Stars.

I think Manila is also a ballroom queen or maybe she's just very familiar with the scene.

by Anonymousreply 52905/14/2011

Interesting interview with Raja:

by Anonymousreply 53005/18/2011

Who pays for all that ballroom/vogue event stuff? Someone has to rent the hall, hire the DJ, buy trophies/crowns, etc. Are there corporate sponsors?

by Anonymousreply 53105/18/2011

The interviewer at R530's link is (DL fave?) Dan Renzi, aka, Dan from the Miami season of MTV's The Real World. Fun!

by Anonymousreply 53205/18/2011

[quote]The interviewer at [R530]'s link is (DL fave?) Dan Renzi, aka, Dan from the Miami season of MTV's The Real World. Fun!%0D %0D Well, RW certainly was a stepping stone for his media career.

by Anonymousreply 53305/18/2011

I think they get many of the same sponsors that pride events usually get, R531. Especially for the larger house balls. Though I'm not 100 percent sure.

by Anonymousreply 53405/19/2011

Someone tweeted a screenshot of a craigslist posting by Carmen Carrera

I guess she and her husband have an open relationship.

by Anonymousreply 53505/26/2011

Drag U Season 2 beings June 20th. Will you be watching? I hope it's better than Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 53605/28/2011

by Anonymousreply 53705/29/2011

Re: R535--22? Who is that bitch trying to kid?

by Anonymousreply 53805/29/2011

Doesn't look like Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 53905/29/2011

I'm pretty sure it's her, 539. She's posted a photo on her facebook page in one of the same outfits, but I can't find the photo now, and she was doing a show in Dallas when that was posted.

I wonder if she is trans?

by Anonymousreply 54005/29/2011

She says T4M I assume Trans for men so yes she is.

by Anonymousreply 54105/30/2011

I don't know if I'll be watching Drag U, R536. I came across a few episodes last season and they were pretty boring. I think if they were making over busted-up,unpolished, unsuccessful, backwoods drag queens, it would be more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 54205/30/2011

I would watch Drag U if they made over straight men. I loved the jock episode from this season of Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 54305/30/2011

I wonder if she likes having sex dressed up as a woman, and the husband isn't into that.

by Anonymousreply 54405/30/2011

R531, the events make themselves. Often one person has access to a veterans hall or abandoned warehouse, and makes a deal with the owner.%0D %0D The DJs, MCs, everyone, all in it for free. It's a community effort.%0D %0D NO sponsorship. The ball scene is completely anti-sponsorship. They don't wish to sell that would bring in the upper class queens.%0D %0D The Ball scene is all about ghetto queers making some waves within their ghetto, and living like a queen for a night.

by Anonymousreply 54505/31/2011

Damn, r542 that WOULD be more interesting. A lot more interesting. Why does anyone at LOGO think any of their viewers give one shit about helping straight women feel more sexy and attractive?

I just don't know who watches Drag U. That show desperately needs the makeover you suggest.

by Anonymousreply 54605/31/2011

Maybe, R544, but someone posted an interview with Carmen earlier and she said that she was the first guy her husband was ever with. She's away from him a lot now, maybe they have an agreement. Or maybe she's cheating.

by Anonymousreply 54705/31/2011

Does anybody know the name of the two muscular black models in CK briefs dancing next to RuPaul in his music video for "Don't Be Jealous of My Boogie" with Tyra Sanchez, Raven and Jujubee?

by Anonymousreply 54810/12/2011

OK, Carmen's gotta be transitioning. Now she even has cellulite.

by Anonymousreply 54911/05/2011

DAMN! I guess she doesnt have a dick anymore.

by Anonymousreply 55011/05/2011

Shangela was on "Community" this week. Did anyone see?

by Anonymousreply 55111/05/2011

Can someone post a RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 4 thread.

by Anonymousreply 55211/14/2011

^ It doesn't start until January.

by Anonymousreply 55311/14/2011

They have already sent out pictures of the queen. I know who one of them is. Maybe we can figure out the others.

by Anonymousreply 55411/14/2011

Season four cast. Can one of you bitches make a new thread, PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 55511/14/2011

Someone already did, dear

by Anonymousreply 55611/14/2011
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!