Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I love Matt Lauer and the Today show, but...

nothing turns me off to that show faster than when I hear:%0D %0D "Coming up next, a report from Jenna Bush Hager..."%0D %0D I'm sure she's a perfectly nice person, but seeing one more no-talent get a job through nepotism makes me ill.%0D %0D Grr....

by Anonymousreply 8411/24/2012

AL Roker killed the Today show for me, fat ass , know nothing blow hard.

by Anonymousreply 103/21/2011

Hon, look up the meaning of the word nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 303/21/2011

There must have been thousands of more qualified, talented people than her and yet here she is.

I really loathe that getting a career is 80% connections and only 20% talent.

by Anonymousreply 703/21/2011

Today really getting old, kind of like Yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 803/21/2011

I see The Today Show on at the diner, or Dunkin Donuts sometimes. Even a few minutes of it liquifies my brain, which drips out of my ears. The utter dumbed down nonsense, housewifey quality, non-news and other brainless obsessions make me certain when I get to hell, I'll be seeing it on a loop!

by Anonymousreply 1103/21/2011

[quote]If you had heard the same quote, but substitute, the name Chelsea Clinton Mezvinsky, would you have had the same sense of indignation?? %0D %0D Unlike members of the dim-witted Bush family, Chelsea C. M. would have the intelligence to turn down a job offer from an NBC fluff program. %0D

by Anonymousreply 1203/21/2011

Maria Shriver wrote that she knew that her family connection enabled her to get her foot in the door, but once in, she had to perform like anyone else. And the same is true for Jenna Bush Hager. I don't think that she is bad. She is very good in her stories. She's much more relaxed then, than she is when introducing the segment or sitting opposite the other personalities on the show. The person whom I find annoying is Ann Curry. She dominates interviews, and her emotiveness is, at times, forced and contrived. But I give her a lot of credit for going to "Breaking News" venues at a moment's notice.

by Anonymousreply 1303/21/2011

The story that really made me take notice this AM was the one on the kid who went to heaven, sat on Jesus's lap etc. -parents there with him- you know the type- steeped in X'tianity etc... descriptions of heaven, everyone is young... %0D %0D If the Today Show had done at minimum a half assed job of this, they would have spoken with a psycologist and/or neuroscientists. I mean, I just wanted to ask the kid- any Asian in heaven, blacks, jews, gay men or butch lesbians? How about Muslims- and I wonder why no old people. There was not one iota of serious inquiry- one wonders what smart people behind the scenes think about this little bit of the Inquirer on morning TV.

by Anonymousreply 1403/21/2011

I found this morning's display in poor taste too, R14.

by Anonymousreply 1503/21/2011

Luke Russert

by Anonymousreply 1603/21/2011

I stay with my niece and nephew every so often when my sister is out of town.

They used to watch Disney channel before school.

I thought it was better for them to find out what is going on in the real world. So I started putting on Today before school.

After several weeks of stories about men sticking their fingers in little girls vaginas, how to get a better orgasm, sexting, sending nude photos from phones, and politicians giving anal sex with prostitutes, I put the Disney channel back on.

Today is a very sleazy show that panders like the National Enquirer.

by Anonymousreply 1703/21/2011

R10, I know you don't want me to comment, but I will anyway. It would bother me if ANYONE unqualified landed a job because of who he or she is related to over having true qualifications.%0D %0D As I said, I'm sure Jenna's perfectly nice, but between her, Luke Russart and Kathie Lee Gifford's kid doing movie reviews, it's enough to make me puke.%0D %0D They get it handed to them just because of who they're related to. %0D %0D Maria Shriver, at least, took an entry level job rather than just use her family connections to start at the top, in front of the camera.%0D %0D She earned her place. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1803/21/2011

"It would bother me if ANYONE unqualified landed a job because of who he or she is related to over having true qualifications." You must get bothered a lot. Move to the Tundra. And never watch a movie or the Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 1903/21/2011

I would much prefer Amy Robach paired with Lester Holt on Weekend Today. They can get rid of the Jennas...Wolfe and definitely--Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2003/21/2011

"I thought it was better for them to find out what is going on in the real world. So I started putting on Today before school."

Oh, hon, The Today Show is about as real as the tooth fairy. What did your niece & nephew do to you?

by Anonymousreply 2103/21/2011

Good morning, good morning, in the news this morning, good morning!

by Anonymousreply 2203/21/2011

Thanks, but I'll skip the Tundra, R19.%0D %0D Not everyone who gets 'in' thanks to their parents is talent free; it's bothersome to see people who study journalism for years and have far greater appeal lose out to producers who just want to grab a 'name,' hoping it'll lead to ratings.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2303/21/2011

I'm with you, OP. It annoys me as well. I always remember as the obnoxious, spoiled, drunken twin who use to stick her tongue out at the White House photographers.

by Anonymousreply 2403/21/2011

Is she the one who made the NE front page when she was falling down drunk at a NY nightclub?

by Anonymousreply 2503/21/2011

"Is she the one who made the NE front page when she was falling down drunk at a NY nightclub?" Yes:

by Anonymousreply 2603/21/2011

r10 is a freeper who has lost his way.

by Anonymousreply 2703/21/2011

Why if it isn't Mia and another 1 of her little tirades.

by Anonymousreply 2803/21/2011

"I would much prefer Amy Robach paired with Lester Holt on Weekend Today."

Robach's a big old dyke, right?

My gaydar goes wild when I watch her.

by Anonymousreply 2903/21/2011

Plain mean r28

by Anonymousreply 3003/21/2011

R29. I never got a gay vibe from Weekend Today's news reader, Amy Robach. I just like her much more than the show's weekend host, Jenna Wolfe.%0D %0D By the way, did you know that Amy Robach married Andrew Shue (of TV's original "Melrose Place" last year)? Second marriage for both.

by Anonymousreply 3103/21/2011

Oh... thanks, R31.... I'm thinking of Jenna Wolf... clearly a sporty-type dyke, irght?

by Anonymousreply 3203/21/2011

R32. Well, I don't know if Jenna Wolfe is gay, but you may have a point regarding her looks.

by Anonymousreply 3303/21/2011

Something about Jenna Wolfe annoys me to no end.%0D %0D Maybe it's her voice?

by Anonymousreply 3403/21/2011

A guy as unfortunate-looking as Luke Russert never would have made it in front of a camera on a network if it weren't for nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 3603/21/2011

Jenna Wolfe somehow flew under the radar and ended up with a plum job at NBC.%0D %0D She's annoying; just seems a bit too eager.

by Anonymousreply 3703/21/2011

Although there are not many comments, the OP is completely correct. Not only is she difficult to watch, but that voice is so strained and annoying I get a headache just listening to... it. Oh boy how did she ever get on television!!???

by Anonymousreply 3803/21/2011

"nothing turns me off to that show faster than when I hear:"

Matt Lauer.

Total asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 3903/21/2011

Btw, I don't always love Matt Lauer; I just figured the thread would get more hits iwth his name in it than JBH's.

by Anonymousreply 4003/22/2011

Meredith Vieira is on vacation again this week. But she's on her way out, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4103/22/2011

I don't understand why one of the hosts always seems to be on "assignment", or on "vacation".%0D %0D It's fucking ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 4203/22/2011

It's in my contract.

by Anonymousreply 4303/22/2011

I love the way Matt Lauer calls Ann Coulter on her bullshit every time she's on "Today." I also loved his interview with Tom Cruise. It really made Cruise look like a total idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4403/22/2011

Does Meredith get more vacation time than Matt? Sure seems like it.

by Anonymousreply 4503/22/2011

We don't mind how much time Meredith takes off.

by Anonymousreply 4603/22/2011

"Does Meredith get more vacation time than Matt? Sure seems like it."

Meredith's husband has multiple sclerosis. She takes time off to care for her husband:

by Anonymousreply 4703/22/2011

Matt Lauer is a conservative asshole. I stopped watching the today show years ago when he interviewed W and did nothing but lick his ass... pretty repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 4803/22/2011

Matt:So how do you win this war, Mr. President? W: Look Matt, how do you win a war on terror? Matt: So how's Laura? R49, crawl back into your hole, vile Repug, and suck on Glenn Beck's teat.

by Anonymousreply 5003/22/2011

Ann Curry needs to get a makeover before she can host the Today Show.

by Anonymousreply 5103/23/2011

Shame on any of you folks that turn into that ridiculous fluff-news show with the most insufferable cast of losers rivaled only by Fox News.

Sure, you might feel better getting your day started by watching the latest viral video of a baby making faces, or a cute animal doing something unexpected.

Maybe you can't function for the day unless you watch a 10 minute segment on what kind of weather North Dakota is currently experiencing. Now that Al Roker works at TWC, the Today show is nothing but weather stories!

How about Diet 911 or Finance 911? Who tunes into this shit? How about a hours of discussion on Charlie Sheen? This crap show is everything BUT news. You could tune into Access Hollywood and get all of this (with the exception of the weather stories).

Obviously, I know a little about this dreck because there was a time I would tune in first thing in the morning. However, I just couldn't stand listening to Ann Curry whispering with furrowed brow, her "concern" and "care" for whatever victim she was interviewing. And let's not forget the hard-hitting questions like "how devastating was it for you to see your entire home and family get swept away by the tsunami?". IT WAS DEVASTATING YOU STUPID CUNT!

Okay, I know....get some sleep hon. But I just had to add my two cents.

by Anonymousreply 5203/23/2011

[quote]You could tune into Access Hollywood and get all of this (with the exception of the weather stories).%0D %0D %0D Damn! Now that you mentioned this, Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight are interviewing weather people. You should have kept quite about this.

by Anonymousreply 5303/23/2011

I know I'm in the minority, but I like Jenna W. I admit to having a crush on her when she was the weekend sportscaster on WABC. She was definitely dykier before she joined Today.

by Anonymousreply 5403/23/2011

Wasn't Jenna Wolf alleged to be the lover of Heidi Jones, the former WABC weathercaster who lied about being attacked a few months ago? That's what I heard anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5503/24/2011

[quote]I love the way Matt Lauer calls Ann Coulter on her bullshit every time she's on "Today."%0D %0D He was also the one who supposedly put the brakes on Ann Curry getting the co-host job after Couric departed for CBS.%0D %0D Though I can understand his resistance to that idea -- Curry is a horrible newsreader and interviewer -- Lauer still has a lot of nerve trying to look down on her as a journalist. If there's one prop you can give Curry, it's the fact she's often the only one on the TODAY show willing to venture into dangerous parts of the world for a story whereas Matt keeps his ass parked nice and safe in the studio. (I think they've sent him to Iraq a few times over the years where of course he'd rarely, if ever, leave the base.) So this idea he must have in his head that he's a "serious journalist" and Curry isn't is nothing if not completely ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 5703/24/2011

I miss "where in the world is Matt Lauer."

by Anonymousreply 5803/24/2011

Now that Sara Haines on Hoda and Kathie Lee is the biggest suck ass I have ever seen on TV. Kotb and Gifford must have to hire a cleanup crew to get the makeup of the seats of their dresses after an hour of Sara kissing up to them.

by Anonymousreply 5910/04/2011

I wonder how Lester Holt likes sitting opposite that Bull Dyke-- Jenna Wolfe on Sunday Today?. She is a scary lezbo completely devoid of talent!

by Anonymousreply 6010/04/2011

[quote]I miss "where in the world is Matt Lauer."

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 6110/04/2011

Maria Shriver wrote that she knew that her family connection enabled her to get her foot in the door, but once in, she had to perform like anyone else.

Nice sentiment, except that in show business, "getting your foot in the door" is 99% of making it. There are 200 people more competent than you for any job, 99% of the time it's being in the right place at the right time or having the right last name that'll put you to the front of that long line.

by Anonymousreply 6210/04/2011

r5, Jenna Wolfe is the ex of Heidi Jones, the WABC weathergal who claimed to have been sexually attacked in Central Park. She made up the story to get attention. Has do Community Service and pay for 320 hours of police overtime involved in investigating her phony claim.

by Anonymousreply 6310/04/2011

R62, Maria said on the Oprah show once that a TV manager was horribly mean to her when she first started and later she realized he was doing her a favor by making her see that she'd have to work hard.

I give her points for that, but you are 10000% per cent correct.

Getting in the door is 99% of the hard work.

Some more than others work hard after that; but they're in. They've got the money.

by Anonymousreply 6410/04/2011

I WAS A BIG TODAY SHOW FAN UNTIL MATT LAUER JOINED THE SHOW. I CAN'T LOOK AT THAT MAN OR LISTEN TO HIS SELF SERVING BANTER. I'LL BE BACK WATCHING WHEN HE FINALLY - PLEASE GOD - LEAVES THE SHOW. ANN CURREY THINKS HE'S A MORON TOO. THAT'S WHY SHE'LL BE LEAVING SOON.

by Anonymousreply 6504/12/2012

The 1% takes care of their spawn the only solution is___________

by Anonymousreply 6604/12/2012

[quote]I love Matt Lauer and the Today show...

You're dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 6704/12/2012

I hate Matt Lauer and the Today Show, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Repug.

by Anonymousreply 6804/13/2012

I love the Today show, but I can't stand Kathie Fake Gifford.....I'll watch Hoda this week because the fake is off somewhere being Fake!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6904/24/2012

I officially switched to the superior CBS MORNING NEWS after TODAY put Sarah Palin on as a co-host. Talk about a buzz kill.

by Anonymousreply 7004/24/2012

r70 me too. I won't watch "The Today Show" after the Palin stunt, and I emailed and told them that - not that they care but its funny that GMA beat them the full week after the Palin stunt so I am hoping there is a connection.

by Anonymousreply 7104/24/2012

[quote]I want an honest answer here. If you had heard the same quote, but substitute, the name Chelsea Clinton Mezvinsky, would you have had the same sense of indignation?? I already know the answer, so don't even bother replying. The words Democrat and hypocrisy go hand in hand.

Chelsea has shown that she's not a good fit for TV journalism, r10, but at least she's not obnoxious like the falling-down drunk Bush daughter. Smarmy Billy Bush only got on TV because of the family name. Luke Russert is dumber than a box of hair -- probably matches R10 in that regard.

Years ago, I read a number of articles by Linda Bird Johnson. She seemed to be a good writer and was able to find some good topics. Margaret Truman's books on her father, mother and First Ladies were excellent.

by Anonymousreply 7204/24/2012

Can't abide ratface ML, so didn't know this, but awful to hear. Nothing more in the collection plate until this stops.

by Anonymousreply 7304/24/2012

Thought immediately too of Maria Shriver. Ever see the clip of her trying to interview Ted Turner, and he grabs her notes and chews her out about being unprepared, unprofessional and lectures her harshly on journalism.

Love it.

by Anonymousreply 7404/24/2012

Jenna Bush Hager is one of the reasons I have switched to MSNBC in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 7504/24/2012

You guys like me though, right? Right? RIGHT??

by Anonymousreply 7604/24/2012

Jenna Wolfe is terrible, the worst, can't watch her!!! Ann Curry is like an artificial phony sweetner, terrible. Matt Lauer is tolerable. Lester Holt is good. Amy Robach is great. Savannah Guthrie is a D-. Jenna Bush should be shot.

by Anonymousreply 7706/17/2012

"The words Democrat and hypocrisy go hand in hand."

And once again, Republicans prove that whatever dirty hijinks they're up to, look no further than to see what they accuse others of. It's well known that REPUBLICANS and hypocrisy go hand in hand. It's proven out every day in the news. Whatever shit they themselves are guilty of is exactly what they accuse others of doing. It's so incredibly childish and manipulative. But that's the Republican party in a nutshell, isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 7806/17/2012

I don't care for the Kathy Lee/ Hoda show but caught something strange the other day. Did anyone else catch the editing error when they announced the death of Andy Griffith? They said that he had battled...(edit )that he was gay, Anderson Cooper later announced on his show. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 7907/07/2012

OP must be a raging dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 8007/07/2012

I watch the today show for years before going to work but once Matt lauer got rid of Anne curry that was the last straw. No what's up Jenna wolf off front desk on weekends boy do they want to lose more people.

by Anonymousreply 8111/04/2012

I disagree with the jerk who called Sara Haines a kiss-ass. She is just doing her job. She is actually a very nice person.

by Anonymousreply 8211/24/2012

Once again, people: Matt Lauer did not get rid of Ann Curry. The brass decided to get rid of her because they didn't like her performance and because the numbers dropped after she replaced Meredith.

Matt does not have the kind of power.

I have great sources. Even Ann knew it wasn't working out (she just didn't like how poorly the brass handled it).

by Anonymousreply 8311/24/2012

Btw, I love him a little less after the S. Marvelous thing.

by Anonymousreply 8411/24/2012
Need more help? Click Here.