Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The McStay Family disappearance

Just watched it again last night and find the whole case bizarre. His last phone calls with a business contact seemed perfectly normal. I still think someone kidnapped them because of the food left out. They left quickly.

by Anonymousreply 36505/03/2015

The thing I don't get is them leaving their supposedly beloved dogs behind with no food or water. Animal control was coming by and feeding them. Food left out as if they left in a hurry. Maybe he was involved in some shady business dealings and was in fear so they disappeared. One theory from a blog, is that he alone lured the family to Mexico, and his wife stated that she never go because of the danger, and murdered his family. I'd like to know what kind of business he was discussing on the phone the night their SUV was last seen pulling out of the driveway and why when found it was packed with brand new childrens toys.

by Anonymousreply 503/16/2011

I just watched this episode yesterday and it is pretty intriguing, although I find it a joke that they are so sure it is them in that grainy video image. I mean, two adults and two children isn't exactly a unique combination.

by Anonymousreply 603/16/2011

What about the waiter in Baja who swore he saw the little boy with the birthmark but the map the couple had did not have the McStays fingerprints on it? I thought that was weird because the guy was sure it was them.

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2011

What show OP?

by Anonymousreply 903/16/2011

A rerun of Disappeared R9.

by Anonymousreply 1003/16/2011

For anyone interested the "Disappeared" episode profiling this case re-airs on the ID Channel Sunday afternoon (2pm in Los Angeles.)

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2011

R16-%0D %0D Your theory is all well and good except for one glaring problem.%0D %0D If you have stolen millions from Mexican drug dealers.....%0D %0D you don't hide out in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 1803/16/2011

I thought of that too [R19]. Could they easily work their way down to South America?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1903/16/2011

R18- Sometimes the best place to hide is on the front doorstep. T.S.Elliot said that "[their] conspicuousness made them invisible" .

by Anonymousreply 2103/16/2011

Although this is an anonymous board, I need to point out that the 3 part theory started on R16 is not from a poster but a copy and paste from an article on line.

by Anonymousreply 2303/16/2011

And you would stand out more in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 2403/16/2011

I do think they voluntarily entered Mexico but I'm puzzled by why they can't be found, assuming they are still there and alive.

McStay on his own would stand out as pure gringo down there; moreover, one of the children has a very distinct birthmark on his forehead that is easy to see and highly unusual.

My theory? I'm going with the 'Simple Plan' theory. Somehow they were engaged in a shady business and were serving as the go-between involving a large sum of cash. They took the cash and fled, developed fake identities which they used to escape Mexico. Then took off to a place where they wouldn't feel any heat (I'm thinking Brazil or Argentina).

by Anonymousreply 2503/16/2011

I have only heard negative things about the business partner. Clients have posted warnings online that the guy is a crook taking payments on jobs that were never completed.

by Anonymousreply 2603/16/2011

Sounds like a good plot point R26. The suspect in a crime is not some far fetched book/movie plot, but like Keaton said, "If you think his brother did it, his brother did it."

Course we only have Keyser Soze word that Keaton said that.

by Anonymousreply 2703/17/2011

If the waiter described the child with the birthmark correctly, isn't it possible the children were in the hands of a kidnapper since the fingerprints on the map did not belong to either parent? This might explain a lot of things.

by Anonymousreply 2803/21/2011

This case fascinates me along with those three missing women and the cabin murders in CA years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3003/21/2011

R30. Wasn't that a guy who worked at the hotel? A mother w/her daughter and daughter's friend?

If the parents were on the run, wouldn't they hand off the children and run on their own? I think R28 is on to something

by Anonymousreply 3103/21/2011

R31, that was a more recent murder and, yes, it was a hotel worker. I am talking about the Keddie murders.

by Anonymousreply 3203/21/2011

They are being harbored at Ciudad Greene.

by Anonymousreply 3303/21/2011

Interesting fact - one of his business partners dan apparently began emailing joey in Nov begging him for money. Joey repeatedly denied this guy. Fast forward 4 months later and the mcstays have dissapeared. The police state accounts have been untouched yet published paypal account statements show withdrawls of $2000, then $2000, then $4000 in the 2 weeks after they were reported missing. Where'd the money go? Into account of his broke partner Dan k. And then Dan k. Turned around and sold the whole company illegally, and paid off some guy he owed 100,000$ too!!!!!!! Wondering if he had someone attempt to kidnap the family and try to ransom them but instead the family fled or something worse happened.

by Anonymousreply 3401/29/2012

Suppose Summer while looking on Craigs List came across the toys for sale, they take kids to look at toys and something happens from there,i.e. take the kids dispose of parents, explaining the dogs etc, they did expect to return home, also finger prints on map, could have been the kid and not the parent. They were missing 4 days before the car parked at the boarder but whose to say the McStays drove it there,

by Anonymousreply 3503/04/2012

Why, exactly, are they being sought? Did they commit any crimes? If people want to leave, they can. What right to people have to push this manhunt for a family that voluntarily left their residence?

by Anonymousreply 3703/04/2012

There's no evidence that they left voluntarily, R37. Foul play has been suspected by other family members as well as law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 3803/04/2012

They did leave voluntarily. They aren't required to give their whereabouts to family members. Where is the evidence of foul play?

This pisses me off and that everyone is now tracked all day, every day. This is bullshit and part of the erosion of a freedom of movement.

If they were involved in shady dealings, prove it. Otherwise, why are we wasting resources.

by Anonymousreply 3903/04/2012

[quote] They did leave voluntarily.

They wouldn't have left their dogs behind to starve.

by Anonymousreply 4003/04/2012

R39 = tinhat

by Anonymousreply 4103/04/2012

How so? Because I don't think a family should be hounded like criminals? People used to be able to move about the country freely, but you Nancy Grace freaks and armchair sleuths think everything is a conspiracy demanding investigation.

by Anonymousreply 4203/04/2012

Also, would the FBI even admit that someone is in the witness protection program? Why would they?

I just read that the husband is related to someone who went to jail for fraud.

by Anonymousreply 4503/05/2012

People seem stuck on this "Mexican drug cartel" idea, when maybe the threat was closer to home. It's not as if violent cutthroat crime rackets only exist beyond America's borders.

And if the McStays are indeed under high level witness protection, this might explain the restaurant fingerprints turning up an official "mismatch" since such things have to go through a gatekeeper of sorts who takes orders from above.

This "Mexican drug cartel" theory is invoked any place you go for information, as if someone has made sure of it. It could be misdirection.

by Anonymousreply 4603/05/2012

mystery bump

by Anonymousreply 4703/06/2012

I think they just drove off the bridge into the river in the rain. It was an accident. They wouldn't have left the dogs without food.

by Anonymousreply 4803/06/2012

I agree Simba. Summer was a strange one. Why all the name changes? I'd forgotten about the homeschooling and home births. It's like she was trying desperately to stay off the radar.

by Anonymousreply 4903/06/2012

Another family missing, similar circumstances...

They left their home and all their belongings behind 3 weeks ago and had a successful business as well.

by Anonymousreply 5003/07/2012

If they were in the witness protection program the immediate family would know. They wouldn't know where they were but would be told enough to keep their mouths closed and stop talking to the news.

Either the business partner killed them or he was a drug money launderer and got intercepted on his attempted escape. They're probably mush on the bottom of an acid barrel.

by Anonymousreply 5103/07/2012

For what it is worth, all federal agencies have denied that they are in witness protection.

by Anonymousreply 5203/07/2012

I saw that on the news this morning, R50 and immediately thought of the McStays. Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 5303/07/2012

[quote]I think they just drove off the bridge into the river in the rain. It was an accident.

So do I

by Anonymousreply 5403/07/2012

I believe this is a white and black case. I believe two things could of happen: 1. That the mother planned everything to murder his husband and flea from the US. They bought a house??? Duh isn't that suspicious it was bought to alter the crime scene and the mysterious customer late at night?? It was a planned murder by her. Since he was so I'll he had short temper maybe he abused her. So she research were she could flea after she had already killed him in the bridge. The spotting in the border is not the father it is her old friend whom she made everyone believe it was his customer. She bought a lot of new toys to make the boys forget about their witnessing of murder.

Second thing could have happened: the father was drug dealing making the website a cover for his dirty money and maybe the drug cartel wanted to kill him and his family making them all to flea to Mexico and be untracked

by Anonymousreply 5504/16/2012

They could of flea'd.

by Anonymousreply 5604/16/2012

Did Siri translate that for you, r55?

by Anonymousreply 5704/16/2012

My question is, how much did they pay for their house (down payment), and what happens when someone abandons their house ? It obviously reverts back to the bank, who has the loan. But I'm curious if they put down the minimum say, or 20 %. Wouldn't one , or the other, be a clue as to if they knew they might have to leave fast, or not ? And how much cash did they really have in their accts. ? If it was just a few thousand, I could see why they'd forfeit it. But if they had a few hundred thousand, hard to believe they'd walk away from that.

by Anonymousreply 5804/16/2012

They just played a doc of this on E! tonight.

so bizarre. I have my suspicions about Summer.

Name changes, ect..

Could she have stole money from a mafia member, and they found out where she lived?

by Anonymousreply 5904/16/2012

Anything new on the other missing family, the Medskers?

by Anonymousreply 6106/17/2012

R55 and R59 are illiterates.

by Anonymousreply 6206/17/2012

If ever there were a family with the wrong last name, it would have to be the McStays.

by Anonymousreply 6306/17/2012

These cases drive my curiousity crazy. Really, what happened. It's usually less dramatic than we imagine (think of Olivia Newton John's former boyfriend), but you always wonder.....where are they ?

by Anonymousreply 6406/19/2012

I feel so sorry for their poor family even if the McStays did leave voluntarily surely there was some way of getting in touch with at least one family member

by Anonymousreply 6501/05/2013

I also forgot to say that i feel very sorry for the pain and the sorrow their family must have to endure. I just hope they're still alive and doing good. This case tourments me so much now since i have viewed it on ID Channel (Disappeared). If they left volontary i wish they could at least contact someone just to say "Contact our family to let them know we're okay". They must suffer like hell :(

by Anonymousreply 6701/10/2013

This case and the millionaire CEO's girlfriend found hanging out a window are fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 6801/10/2013

Like the Medsker family who disappeared from Michigan without any traces and leaving everything behind but at least they have given news after 3 weeks and said "They said they're fine and that they don't want to have any more communication.

No location has been talked about and nothing since than... weird.

by Anonymousreply 6901/10/2013

Joined a cult, cut off all communications with family because that's what they do when they join a cult. Poor kids have to follow where their parents lead.

by Anonymousreply 7001/10/2013

Saw the Ling story a long time ago.

The wife had a shady past and had went by numerous different aliases.

by Anonymousreply 7101/10/2013

I have another theory... Kidnappers for the kids. Got rid of the parents which would explain the dogs left behind, the house and the truck. Took the clothes for the parents to look like them on the camera of the border, bought toys while they stayed in a hotel for the kids. Maybe it would explain the sighseeing in Mexico with the mismatched fingerprints on the map but saw the kids. Which would explain that the activities stopped with their bank account, debit/credit cards, no passports for the kids because the intention of the kidnappers is to not come back in the States, the medications of Joey left in the truck. Maybe the drivers were not Joey and Summer. Well it can be or not, this is so weird...

by Anonymousreply 7201/10/2013

The cops have cell phone information that has led them to the conclusion that they are probably dead.

by Anonymousreply 7301/10/2013

THey were planning to flee someone dangerous but that person got to them first.

by Anonymousreply 7401/10/2013

My guess is murder.

The parents were going to be murdered, but information was needed out of them first. The kids would be need to be occupied during the interrogation. The murderers buy toys for the kids, knowing the kids would be stuck in a motel room during the interrogation and murder of their parents.

The murderers arrive at the house. At gunpoint, the family is instructed to get into their own car with two armed thugs.

They are probably followed by a second vehicle to the murder local.

Immediately after the murder, the family car is driven to another location and dropped off.

A clean, professional hit.

by Anonymousreply 7501/10/2013

Mystery of the family that vanished off the face of the earth three years ago this week: Plea for clues as author claims wife murdered husband and fled with children

No firm leads have been found in the case of the McStay family, who disappeared nearly three years ago and left their idyllic California home in what appeared to be the middle of a normal morning. But writer Rick Baker - who has tried to piece together what happened since they vanished on February 4, 2010, believes that mother Summer McStay murdered her husband Joseph and ran away with their two children Gianni, then 4-years-old, and Joseph Jr, then 3-years-old.

The family's story has stumped investigators ever since they seemingly vanished from their San Diego home. Police were baffled from the beginning, ever since they found a carton of eggs on the counter, two bowls of popcorn on the futon and two dogs in the backyard were all they left behind, clues that this was a family who left in a hurry. Inside their two-story house detectives found no sign of foul play, just evidence of everyday life.

Mr Baker, however, has spent much of the last three years following the case and evidence that he found in hundreds of text messages and emails reportedly leading him to believe that the seemingly-loving wife was living somewhat of a double life. He said that the emails depict her as 'someone who was very unhappy not just with her own personal life but with Joseph as well and Joseph's extended family. Just not a very nice person.' 'Maybe we can find Summer, and if she did kill Joseph or had him killed, I want to see her fry.'

Much of the investigation lost its steam when, four days after they disappeared, their white Isuzu trooper was found parked at a San Diego shopping mall not far from the U.S./Mexico border and 60 miles from their home.Later, investigators said a forensic probe of the family's computer revealed that someone had conducted searches on January 28 regarding passport requirements for travel into Mexico.Grainy surveillance footage from the evening their car was found shows two adults and two children walking across the border.

Mr Baker, who is promoting a book about the case called No Goodbyes: The Mysterious Disappearance of the McStay Family, believes that they never left the country. 'I don't think they ever crossed the border, I don't think law enforcement thinks that they crossed the border,' Mr Baker said. Police initially disagreed, as detective Troy DuGal said that there is a '75 per cent chance it's them'.

Joseph McStay's relatives have played an active role in keeping the spotlight on the case even as time rolls by, maintaining a website in their honor. Though they also refute the police theory that lands the family in Mexico - Joseph's younger brother Michael said: 'It's just not like them to walk out on a business, a family, a home'- that does not mean that they support Mr Baker at all. 'Baker has no proof to back up his claims and is sensationalizing to sell books,' Michael McStay said to local California station News10. Detective DuGal said there was a '75% chance' it was them. But Joseph's younger brother Michael said: 'It's just not like them to walk out on a business, a family, a home.'

by Anonymousreply 7601/29/2013

Interesting. Didn't the wife have somewhat of a shady past with name changes?

by Anonymousreply 7701/29/2013

'I will turn on you': Revealed, the shocking emails sent by wife to husband before they vanished without a trace with their two children three years ago

McStay family disappeared in 2010 from San Diego home - with dogs in yard and popcorn on futon - and no trace of them has been found since. Emails emerge between Summer and husband Joseph in which wife says 'I will not forgive you and I mean it'

Amateur sleuth who wrote book on mystery claims marriage was 'doomed from the start' and even claims Summer may have murdered her husband. But brother of Joseph says author is 'just trying to make money'. Police admit they are still no closer to finding out what happened to couple and two children despite a reported sighting at the Mexican border

The mother of the McStay family who vanished without trace in 2010 sent abusive emails to her husband in which she vowed: ‘I will turn on you’, it emerged today. Summer McStay told Joseph to ‘mind your own ****** business’ and if he didn’t she said: ‘I will not forgive you and I mean it.’It's claimed that Summer also repeatedly threatened to leave Joseph in the years before they disappeared because she didn’t want to look after his son from a previous marriage.In response to one of her rants Joseph was so driven to despair so he replied: ‘I must say... this is one of the nastiest e-mails I ever gotten.... So Foul, I can’t believe it came from you’.

The claims are in an explosive self-published book by an amateur sleuth who has conducted dozens of interviews over three years with friends and members of the McStay family. In ‘No Goodbyes: The Mysterious Disappearance of the McStay Family’, former radio show host Rick Baker argues that Joseph and Summer’s marriage was ‘doomed from the start’ and that she may have murdered her husband.

Mr Baker, 59, used to live in Fallbrook, California, the picture postcard suburban town near San Diego where the McStays lived until their disappearance on February 4 2010. Summer, 46, Joseph, 43, and their two young children, Gianni, 7, and Joseph Mateo, who would be 6 this month, are last thought to have been seen going into Mexico on February 8.When police entered the house they found a carton of eggs on the counter, two bowls of popcorn on the futon and two dogs in the backyard, suggesting the family may have left in a hurry.Their locked and abandoned Isuzu Trooper was found near the border at San Ysidro. It is not known if their disappearance was intended or under coercion and Lt. Glenn Giannantonio of the San Diego Sheriff's Department's homicide division has admitted: ‘At this point we are no closer to finding them than on the day they disappeared’.

Baker became ‘obsessed’ with the case and has turned up hundreds of text messages and emails he claims have led him to believe that the seemingly-loving wife was living a double life. He told MailOnline that the emails depict Summer as ‘sick monster’ who plotted against her husband’s son from a previous marriage because she ‘hated him’.

More...'I had to pray for people to die': Woman who escaped 'hate cult' Westboro Baptist Church finds peace with new life full of freedom Police reveal New York mother missing in Turkey took trips out of the country after chatting with man on the internet as they release footage showing her just hours before her disappearance Mother-of-13 indicted in murder-for-hire scheme after she 'offered friend nicknamed Mafia Mike $10,000 to kill husband in sham hunting accident'

She sent the most shocking email to Joseph in September 2007 - two months before they got married - when she found out that he was looking for her father with whom she had never had a relationship as she was raised by her mother alone. The date of the emails leaves many years for the couple to make up, but the level of vitriol they contain is shocking.

Rest of story at link

by Anonymousreply 7801/30/2013

There were no thugs with them in the car.

by Anonymousreply 7901/30/2013

[quote]CEO's girlfriend found hanging out a window are fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 8001/30/2013

It's possible that maybe she disposed of him and and took off with another man into Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 8101/30/2013

Here ya go R80.

by Anonymousreply 8201/30/2013

I can't get the new thread about this anymore. It's McGone.

by Anonymousreply 8304/10/2013

Yeah. It appeared in the list, and when you click, it says "Thread does not exist".

Was it censored? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 8404/10/2013

Hmm r84. Mine doesn't say that it doesn't exist, just won't load. But it is gone though? I looked up McStay Family Datalounge on yahoo to get here. There used to be a few threads that had them in it, now just this one pops up. That is really weird considering they are about to be McFound in Mexico and won't be able to fake their demises anymore. I was talking about the suspicious brother on the last one. Maybe he saw and had it removed. I better shut up now.

by Anonymousreply 8504/10/2013

Rick Baker is a right wing nutcase. Don't support him or his trashy book.

by Anonymousreply 8604/10/2013

r86 I didn't even know who you meant so I glanced at his blog and he seems to be supporting the far out theory and milking it. He is another one that has the pictures of the boy wearing a hat and covering up his most fucking distinguishing mark...He is probably in cahoots with the brother.

by Anonymousreply 8704/10/2013

No, the brother has said he thinks Baker is just out to make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 8904/10/2013

[quote]' 'Maybe we can find Summer, and if she did kill Joseph or had him killed, I want to see her fry.'

How does an author say this??!

by Anonymousreply 9004/10/2013

Baker's a Right winger?

by Anonymousreply 9104/10/2013

But from what I have heard (and posted in the other thread that is now gone) Interpol has had them as 'voluntary missing' for awhile now. I think they are alive and that maybe the feds have just now figured out whatever illegal shit they were into and now want to find them. There have been at least 3 people that were profiled on "Disappeared" that were later found. I think they will be too. The biggest dirt that I have heard/read form San Diego is that Travis was involved in money laundering or drug dealing. HIs partner said he always had a lot of cash and he made a lot of money. 100k would be just a few months pay to him and not a big deal to leave.

by Anonymousreply 9204/10/2013

Oh r89 I just read more of that Baker's blog and it was ridiculous. He only responds to female comments and totally flirts with the girls on there. I saw that he doesn't trust the brother but I don't either. The brother is trying to get paid too. I think he knows that the family left and are still alive. They both seem hinky to me but that Baker is quite the ladies man..sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 9304/10/2013

Who the fuck is this Baker guy to them? Why does he have all these documents of theirs? He's saying on his blog that he refuses to release the docs to authorities and one of the reasons he cited was Can he do that? I guess I need to read his backstory more and see why he even is involved. I had always gotten info on them from his brother's blog. I didn't know about his. He seems like a dick.

by Anonymousreply 9404/10/2013

Is this the case that shows a family in an almost zombie state packing up their van and leaving their house?

by Anonymousreply 9504/10/2013

r95 No, I don't think so. They did pack up and leave and their car was found later but it was a Trooper, not a van and I don't think they packed anything, which is why it was weird. I think I know who you mean though.

by Anonymousreply 9604/10/2013

Who are these fucking weirdos (red or otherwise) that insert themselves into this case and then sigh wearily and give up on it? There are a few posting on Baker's page:

"I also left the case. Following it was hurting my marriage and my heart. I only came back to this blog to read this post because a friend told me about it. I knew Joseph and Summer. When they disappeared I couldn't sleep at night wondering what happened. I offered to help. do anything I could. At first it felt good. But then it got bad. The people that the family members let run roughshod over the case was very frustrating to me. I almost got divroced. My husband could not take it anymore. Finally, once I realized the Mike McStay was no longer involved in his own websites and to save my marriage, I had to just walk away. I felt unclean, like you. This is the only comment I will make and after it is posted I will not return. I am finished with the McStay case, and while I don't wish I had never met Joseph, I do wish I had never met Mike or his followers."

Reel it in there, Mrs. Kravitz. Glad you could make this shit all about you..

by Anonymousreply 9704/10/2013

Who was the zombie family packing up their car and leaving caught on the home security cam? I think Disappeared showed it. Anyone remember? It was so creepy.

by Anonymousreply 9804/10/2013

Zombie family: Bobby Sherilyn Jamison

That is a frigging scarey case!! Disappeared showed it.

by Anonymousreply 9904/10/2013

R99 - now THAT is a very, very strange case.

by Anonymousreply 10004/10/2013

What about the case where the young son dies then shortly after the girlfriend dies? The father was rich, I believe. It didn't happen all that long ago, I always got the feeling the woman killed the child, then the father killed the woman. I could have some details wrong but I'm sure someone remembers?

Also, the case that happened in WV or something, with the parents and the little girl disappearing? They had that last photograph that was taken with the little girl and some thought maybe it wasn't the parents who took it. The one where the truck was left, and it had money in it? They had a house in the boonies or something. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 10104/10/2013

I forgot to say, who do people keep saying the family would know? The family is NOT suppose to know, that's how people are kept safe. There are exceptions but people keep saying that as if they allow you to give your family a heads up that you're being relocated. For their safety, someone could've informed, informally or otherwise, to get them to become less vocal but they certainly wouldn't have known from the beginning. No one, not your mother, sister, whoever, is ever suppose to know.

by Anonymousreply 10204/10/2013

Sorry. I didn't recognize the name of the case, I see now someone has posted about it already. It wasn't WV, it was Oklahoma. lol

by Anonymousreply 10304/10/2013

I don't know why the Jamison case hasn't gotten more publicity. It's just so bizarre. How could three people drive up a mountain and vanish without a trace?

by Anonymousreply 10404/10/2013

Crazy stuff like this happens often. Here are some interesting cases of late.

by Anonymousreply 10504/10/2013

[quote]What about the case where the young son dies then shortly after the girlfriend dies? The father was rich, I believe. It didn't happen all that long ago, I always got the feeling the woman killed the child, then the father killed the woman. I could have some details wrong but I'm sure someone remembers?

That was in San Diego and he was the CEO of some drug company. She was found naked, bound, gagged and hanging by a rope out of a second floor window. Definitely foul play.

by Anonymousreply 10604/10/2013

Here's some interesting theories about the Jamison family.

by Anonymousreply 10704/10/2013

Mexican drug gangs have brought back the old Chinese slow slicing. There are graphic photo taken in the early twentieth century of men and women being skinned alive while tied to a stake.

WARNING: highly graphic and disturbing

by Anonymousreply 10804/10/2013

Holy shit is that his skin hanging R108? What did that poor man do?

by Anonymousreply 10904/10/2013

R109, it is a woman lower in the comments you will see a man. There's a French and Mexican historical data blog that shows all of the slow slicing known as "death by a thousand cuts". If you research you can see better coverage with men and women getting their legs sawn off just below the knee while still alive. Mexican drug cartels are now using this method to punish snitches.

by Anonymousreply 11004/10/2013

Oh and there's an Asian form of torture where they pull rocks under your feet every day until you hang to death in a bamboo cage kept in the public square. In the mean time, flies attack the buttocks as the prisoner shits themselves for all to see.

by Anonymousreply 11104/10/2013

Somehow I doubt that poor woman committed treason. I have a feeling that punishment was definitely abused.

by Anonymousreply 11204/10/2013

I just read up on that Oklahoma family's disappearance.

They were heavily involved in using and dealing meth, and they disappeared right before a major law enforcement raid that decimated a huge meth ring.

Apparently the FBI closed the missing persons investigation on them pretty quickly. I'd say they disappeared into the witness protection program.

by Anonymousreply 11304/10/2013

R101 and R106, still obsessed with Rebecca Zahau, you big lez?

by Anonymousreply 11404/10/2013

The family of Zahau has all but disappeared from the Dr. Shill circuit since Dina has made claims that Max Shaknai was helped to fall over the bannister. Also, they have that skeevy attorney who seems about as genuine as Linda Baden.

by Anonymousreply 11504/10/2013

More on the missing Oklahoma tweakers. The author is barely literate, but it is still an interesting read.

by Anonymousreply 11604/10/2013

I'm R106 but I'm not R101. I was answering R101's question R114. Not a lez either. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 11704/10/2013

The McStay case is very interesting. I think that the husband was involved in some type of illegal activity in Mexico. It would appear that the family disappeared to Mexico or entered into the Witness Protection Program.

by Anonymousreply 11804/10/2013

Interesting R116 but if, as the author surmises, they walked away why did they leave that money behind? It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 11904/10/2013

I think so too r118. And I think the brother knows this on some level. The fact that he offers a 1000 dollar reward for the info on 4 people is laughable. It's like he knows he needs to appear concerned but just does the minimum.

by Anonymousreply 12004/10/2013

I'm starting to think the Witness Protection Program for both families. The Jamison's drug associates were busted in a sting op about a week after they disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 12104/10/2013

r121 I agree that the Jamison's are most likely part of the Witness Protection Program. As you stated, their drug associates were busted a week after they "disappeared". Also, the fact that there was a 2nd set of tire tracks leading away from the truck when it was found.

Most likely the Jamison's set up a meeting with the FBI/US Marshals on the mountain. The cover was that they were looking to purchase property. I believe that they brought the money and the dog with them in the hopes that they could bring both along. The FBI/US Marshals told them they would not be allowed to bring either the money or the dog. Everything would need to be left behind. The daughter grew upset when she found out that she would not be allowed to bring her dog hence her unhappy look in the cell phone picture.

by Anonymousreply 12204/10/2013

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be allowed to bring cash into Witness Protection. And why would they leave the dog locked in the car to slowly starve to death? Wouldn't they at least have set him free?

I thought all the tracks had been washed away by days of rain.

by Anonymousreply 12304/10/2013

I do think it's very strange that the mother never offered a reward... especially since she was given the 32K plus all of their property. She couldn't even bother with a nominal reward for the return of her granddaughter?

And why doesn't the show mention that the little girl's hair was dyed blonde?

by Anonymousreply 12404/10/2013

r107 - I clicked on the link to the Charley Project blog and found a reference to my missing father. I knew he was listed on the site, but I didn't know he was referenced on the blog. I wish I could discuss it here, but it's too personal for me to post on DL.

by Anonymousreply 12504/10/2013

No, R126. I'm not that big black lez from the projects, whoever that is. I'm white and living in the city.

I think her story is fascinating the same way any murder mystery. What is wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 12704/11/2013

r127 Zahau got in way over her head. The ex wife was never going to accept her and I imagine that she tried way too hard with that kid, Max. When she accidentally killed him, she felt really bad. She wrote a "poor me" note on the wall and then killed herself. Don't believe that people can easily tie themselves up? I used to be the same way until I worked in a dungeon and one of the doms there showed me how easy it was. It was cute that her grifty sister tried to extort money from the Shaknais though. I admire anyone who hustles, unfortunately, as soon as Max's death was brought up, they backed down.

by Anonymousreply 12804/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 12904/14/2013

bump again, the McStays are about to be McFound.

by Anonymousreply 13004/14/2013

Why do you say that they are about to be found? Any info?

by Anonymousreply 13104/14/2013

Are you saying that Rebecca had dominatrix experience?

Unless she had severe OCD, no despondant person has the energy and discipline to tie so many knots in so many places.

by Anonymousreply 13204/14/2013

Doesn't it sound like the FBI is going to state that the family is in Mexico, voluntarily, and that the case is closed?

by Anonymousreply 13304/14/2013

Has anyone questioned Olivia Newton John?

by Anonymousreply 13404/14/2013

They are going to be found because too many people have made a stink about it lately. The FBI and Interpol always knew where they were and respected that they went missing on their own accord but that dick Baker wrote a book about it and now they will need to be found, they were never lost.

by Anonymousreply 13504/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 13604/16/2013

lol, R134!

by Anonymousreply 13704/16/2013

More info, please

by Anonymousreply 13804/16/2013

r135 where is your info coming from?

by Anonymousreply 13904/16/2013

inside the house

by Anonymousreply 14004/16/2013

The FBI could have just continued to ignore it. If they were in the Witness Protection Program, I think they would have put out a quick statement like the other family did. It could have shut everyone up.

by Anonymousreply 14104/16/2013

Their bodies were all found by a dirt biker outside of Victorville this week, in two shallow graves. Who did this and why?

by Anonymousreply 14211/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 14311/15/2013

Does anyone else find their surname ironic?

by Anonymousreply 14411/15/2013

Daily Mail has photos.

by Anonymousreply 14511/15/2013

They probably visited someone were murdered buried and car was moved.

by Anonymousreply 14611/15/2013

Maybe they will be able to find out how they died and at least put some.of the speculation as to bed

by Anonymousreply 14711/15/2013

Who would want this family dead the entire family robery is not a motive kidnap them take them to a secluded area bury them drive the truck to mexico look like a voulantery disapperance I believe after they did there shopping the were kidnaped I'm thinking mutiple indiv one drove there truck and helped w ith the burial this is a sad day

by Anonymousreply 14811/15/2013

There was much discussion a couple of years ago in this post about the business partner. But the husband didn't actually speak to his business partner on that call. The husband only left his partner a voicemail message that was less than a minute long. The partner has only explained that it was about business and has stayed very low key. I have paid very close attention to this case and haven't heard word one about that partner.

I think they were actually car jacked going into town to pick up a rental movie at the 7-11 or something. Fallbrook is so small that they probably all drove in together (after deciding what was on TV wasn't what they wanted to watch). Popcorn is already popped. Quick trip into town for a movie or something. Car jacked at that point. For the car though, not for murder. Except something terrible went wrong. I feel very badly for all concerned.

by Anonymousreply 14911/15/2013

What about the inquiry into mexico were they threatned and maybe didn't get away in time this desert is not far from rancho were he had his last metting and far from the border were they trooper was found

by Anonymousreply 15011/15/2013

This DL poster from way upthread must be so ashamed of himself. Oh no wait, people like this have no shame.

[quote]They did leave voluntarily. They aren't required to give their whereabouts to family members. Where is the evidence of foul play? This pisses me off and that everyone is now tracked all day, every day. This is bullshit and part of the erosion of a freedom of movement. If they were involved in shady dealings, prove it. Otherwise, why are we wasting resources.

Then someone gave the freeper/faux-bertarian shit about it and he posted:

[quote]How so? Because I don't think a family should be hounded like criminals? People used to be able to move about the country freely, but you Nancy Grace freaks and armchair sleuths think everything is a conspiracy demanding investigation.

Right! The police have a lot of FUCKING GALL to have been investigating this family's unexplained disappearance. This is why freepers and faux-bertarians are stupid and deserve to be mocked.

by Anonymousreply 15111/15/2013

If it was a carjacking, how did their bodies end up in Victorville 2 hours to the north while the vehicle was left close to the border?

by Anonymousreply 15211/15/2013

If I were a scumbag who was willing to kill a family, including 2 kids, why not send one off to empty their bank accounts, first? It must not have been thought off that far ahead, thought of by smart people, or someone who doesn't need money.

by Anonymousreply 15311/15/2013

His wife was being tracked by the wrong people to mess with. Something is going down on her family that Joe wanted to know about.

I'd like to see how they accumulated $100,000.... Joe appears to live with aloha, giving the shaka sign. I think he wondered what his wife's dad side of the family was made of and curiosity kill this surfers family.

In Hawaii we say let it go! Whatever was going on in her family, I think Joe enjoyed the benefits and greed took over.

I grew up in north county, San Diego. This case made me feel sick to my stomach. And still does.

Aloha nui loa Mcstay Ohana.

Surfer/CPA Honolulu, Hawaii

by Anonymousreply 15511/16/2013

Either there is a lot of bad autocorrect in a bunch or these latest posts .... or ... well, you know.

by Anonymousreply 15611/16/2013

R148/150 please take a remedial course in spelling, grammar and sentence structure. Your posts are practically unintelligible.

by Anonymousreply 15711/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 15811/16/2013

The author of that book is now offering a full refund due to his book being full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 15911/16/2013

[quote]Shut up, [R151].

[quote]Some people thought they left voluntarily (or didn't know what to think).

[quote]Quit trying to make this until a political thing.

Oh, dear.

[quote]There are people on all sides who have a problem with surveillance/privacy issues.

R154, you're a fucking moron. First, there are obviously not people on ALL sides who have a problem with surveillance/privacy issues. Some people don't have any problem with them at all.

The police investigating the mysterious disappearance of an entire family is not even remotely a surveillance or privacy issue. It's the fauxbertarians who tried to make a perfectly normal investigation into a political side-show. Now they can eat some humble pie and shut the fuck up.

So chow down and shut the fuck up, R154. t

by Anonymousreply 16011/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 16111/16/2013

[quote] His wife was being tracked by the wrong people to mess with

And you know this how, Sherlock?

by Anonymousreply 16211/16/2013

Joe's kind of rough looking for a guy on his early 40s.

by Anonymousreply 16311/16/2013

Notice there weren't any decapitations in Mexico before we invaded Iraq and afghanistan? Americans were so horrified by decapitations committed by Muslim radicals that they believed the decapitators were subhumans who must be defeated at all costs. Committing atrocities attributed to the enemy is an age-old device.

"In the 1990s, the drug cartels in Mexico did not cut off the heads of the victims.[25] Instead, they used different "codes of murder" established between the mafias. A bullet through the back of the head, for example, signified that the victim was a traitor; a bullet through the temple, however, signified that the victim was member of a rival drug gang.[25] Now, decapitation is a tactic often used by the criminal organizations in Mexico—primarily by Los Zetas and its two main rivals, the Gulf and Sinaloa cartels. The first public decapitation was carried out by La Familia Michoacana in September 2006, when several gunmen opened the doors of a bar in the Mexican state of Michoacán and threw five severed heads on the dance floor.[25"

by Anonymousreply 16411/16/2013

None of you know what happened.

by Anonymousreply 16511/16/2013

Online comments state that the Joe's dad is in jail for writing bad checks, and both men have a rep for shady business dealing and pyramid schemes. They have been sued numerous times as well.

by Anonymousreply 16611/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 16711/17/2013

A fast search reveals that skeletal remains of 4 people have been identified as belonging to the McStay family.

by Anonymousreply 16811/17/2013

r168, link?

by Anonymousreply 16911/17/2013

They probably did cross the border.

by Anonymousreply 17011/17/2013

I wanna know what happened to the Jamisons.

by Anonymousreply 17111/17/2013

BREAKING NEWS: The skeletal remains of the McStay family have been found buried in the desert about 100 miles from their home.

by Anonymousreply 17211/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 17311/18/2013

that websleuths site is damn near impossible to get into. I haven't got the time to keep trying. Can you recap?

by Anonymousreply 17411/18/2013

I do not wish to malign the McStays but I think either of the parents were caught up in dealings with a very dangerous group of people. Or a relative or someone they have known a long time. Something went wrong and they were kidnapped and hastily executed. They were taken a short distance from a main highway and buried in a very shallow grave.

by Anonymousreply 17511/18/2013

Perhaps they were drugged by someone visiting. There was no forced entry. No one heard any commotion. Drugging them, tying them up, executing them at an outside location would be easy. However, what is the motive? No money was taken, at least not the amount that would get someone killed. This was a payback murder. Maybe they weren't drugged, I mean if you want to teach someone a lesson, you make them suffer through it. I'm sure the sick fuck or fucks killed the kids first. But wait, if it was a paid hit, maybe they'd just go in and take care of the job, not really giving a fuck about torturing them. More than one person was involved in this. Maybe a person they knew was visiting. They drugged them and had someone come in and do the rest. Still though, this had to be payback for something.

I still think drugs are the motive.

by Anonymousreply 17611/18/2013

How did they have a hundred thousand dollars in the bank yet they couldn't pay their bills? They were druggies. They probably had drugs being shipped into the country via his water fountains which were produced in Mexico. They said the wife didn't want to cross the border due to drug cartels. Most people are not going to get into that. She knew all about drugs.

by Anonymousreply 17711/18/2013

Yeah, I'm afraid this has drug execution all over it. They knew something or were involved in something and were punished or silenced, maybe both.

by Anonymousreply 17811/18/2013

Online comments reveal that Mexican drug cartels tend to publicly display their victims' bodies as a warning to others. The fact that the McStay's graves were found near a prison in an area known for white trash and meth dealing leads one to believe that the murderer was also White.

Perhaps they got call to immediately meet someone they knew, and weren't able to leave water for their dogs, put away the eggs and banana, or most important, leave the toddlers with a relative first.

by Anonymousreply 17911/18/2013

[quote]No money was taken,

You're forgetting the money transferred out of their account into Dan Kavanaugh's account. He changed the company name and sold it.

by Anonymousreply 18011/18/2013

R179, An online poster claims he used to buy drugs in the back of the small store Mr. McStay used to run. Both parents have had a long history of financial impropriety as well. Some of McStay's clients have accused him of pocketing deposits without delivering the promised goods. It just shows the business was in serious trouble before the disappearance.

Also they were being evicted from their last apartment for repeated non-payment of rent, despite the fact that both parents had RE licenses. Yet they were able to buy a much more expensive house that had gone into foreclosure, and still have $100,000 in the bank. I'd like to know when all of that money was deposited.

By the way Mike's father was jailed for writing bad checks to cover his gambling debts. That may or may not have any relevance to this story.

by Anonymousreply 18111/18/2013

Still strange that Mrs. McStay claimed to everyone to be at least 10 years younger, repeatedly changed her name and denied that she was part Hispanic, had her 2 toddlers at home so that there wouldn't be any birth records, went ballistic to the point of crazy when her husband tried to find out more information about her father, and showed many other signs of paranoia or mental instability.

by Anonymousreply 18211/18/2013

I'm convinced that McStay knew the killer(s). The killer took them at gunpoint to a place where we do not know. Once killed, he dumped them. He only plannned to kill both parents because he only has TWO burials dug up. The kids just happened to be there and saw him, so he had no choice but to kill them too. The killer was out for revenge. I tend to think it was the business parnter or his cronies. They left in a hurry. Didn't even leave water for the dogs. Didn't put food away. Nothing. He probably tried calling his partner to try and see if he could talk the killer(s) out of it, but to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 18311/18/2013

...Also, the evidence shows that both Joseph and Summer hand's were tied. So they must of suffered for awhile before they were killed. The car didn't show up at border 4 days later....

by Anonymousreply 18411/18/2013

Where is the video on this? Wasn't this covered years ago in one of the TV news magazine shows?

by Anonymousreply 18511/18/2013

they are all probably dead

by Anonymousreply 18611/18/2013

R186, they ARE dead! There bodies were found in the desert a couple days ago. That is why everyone wants a refresher course on their problemed lives.

by Anonymousreply 18711/18/2013

There= their= they're = whatever!

by Anonymousreply 18811/18/2013

R186 = real genius

I doubt they went to meet anyone. More like two people entered the home, tied them up at gunpoint and took the whole family away in the vehicle.

My problem is, if whoever took them wanted money (assuming it was drug related), why didn't they come up with a way to get it and THEN off the family? As stated, they had 100K in the bank.

So it does seem like a revenge or silencing type murder. Curiouser and curiouser.

by Anonymousreply 18911/18/2013

[quote]More like two people entered the home, tied them up at gunpoint and took the whole family away in the vehicle.

Unfortunately the neighbor's camera didn't see anyone enter at least from the front. I don't know how easily accessible the house was from the back.

by Anonymousreply 19011/18/2013

R189, $100,000 isn't really a ton of money anymore.

by Anonymousreply 19111/18/2013

100K is a lot of money if you owe it to the wrong people.

by Anonymousreply 19211/18/2013

Thank you, R186, I needed a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 19311/18/2013

The neighbor's camera caught the car driving away, but you can't see who's driving apparently. The video was never made public, which is odd.

by Anonymousreply 19411/18/2013

[quote]Still strange that Mrs. McStay claimed to everyone to be at least 10 years younger, repeatedly changed her name and denied that she was part Hispanic, had her 2 toddlers at home so that there wouldn't be any birth records, went ballistic to the point of crazy when her husband tried to find out more information about her father, and showed many other signs of paranoia or mental instability.

Where are you getting all this from? Tabloids?

by Anonymousreply 19511/18/2013

R186= Rose Nyland

by Anonymousreply 19611/18/2013

Don't let this creepy thread die!

by Anonymousreply 19811/19/2013

R194 The footage of the car was public---I saw it on the Vanished with Beth Holloway Twitty show. I think the SUV pulled out of the driveway face-first, indicating that it had been backed into the garage.

The footage displayed the body of the car, but the camera angle didn't show the windows, unfortunately. The car seemed to move at a normal speed, turning left and driving away.

Of course, the video could have been an re-enactment.

by Anonymousreply 19911/19/2013

Some of the posters here are looking very silly now that the bodies were found:

"They did leave voluntarily. They aren't required to give their whereabouts to family members. Where is the evidence of foul play?

This pisses me off and that everyone is now tracked all day, every day. This is bullshit and part of the erosion of a freedom of movement."

by Anonymousreply 20111/19/2013

"How so? Because I don't think a family should be hounded like criminals? People used to be able to move about the country freely, but you Nancy Grace freaks and armchair sleuths think everything is a conspiracy demanding investigation."

Uh, no one ever said it was a "conspiracy"

Looks like you were totally wrong! Lots of people moved about the country freely, but if they just wanted to take a trip they would have told their friends and family that instead of mysteriously vanishing.

by Anonymousreply 20211/19/2013

199, according to Web Sleuths, the video was NEVER released. They know their shit. It must have been a reenactment. All they released was that grainy border footage.

by Anonymousreply 20311/19/2013

I don't understand why LE was so conclusive in stating it was the crossing the border. The footage is grainy and you can't tell out more than it's a family of four making a very poor decision. Even if they were able to enhance, the footage is from the back with no real way of definitive identification.

by Anonymousreply 20411/19/2013

*the McStays crossing

by Anonymousreply 20511/19/2013

Why are our cameras always so shitty? Even in interrogation rooms. Buy some HD shit! It should be mandatory!

by Anonymousreply 20611/19/2013

[quote]My problem is, if whoever took them wanted money (assuming it was drug related), why didn't they come up with a way to get it and THEN off the family? As stated, they had 100K in the bank.

There's no telling how much cash or what quantity of drugs they had in the house.

by Anonymousreply 20711/19/2013

What does that tell you: 100k in the bank, but unable to pay their bills, being thrown out of their house because they can't pay.

by Anonymousreply 20811/19/2013

Joseph's business partner Chase M. was a real piece of work. He's reportedly been ripping people off for years. Taking huge payments for fountains and never delivering. The web designer, Dan, seems very suspect as well. Allegedly posing as a fake employee for the fountain company after the family's disappearance, taking moneys out of the accounts, promising work, taking money and never delivering. Both of them with a huge online trail of deceit. I wonder if they could have been in on it together.

This had NOTHING to do with drug cartels or Mexico. It's not their M.O.

by Anonymousreply 20911/19/2013

Maybe he wanted a relationship with her, and she blew him off. He trashes her in that new article.

by Anonymousreply 21011/20/2013

Anything new going on with this? The media seems to have dropped it.

by Anonymousreply 21111/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 21211/20/2013

"Anything new going on with this? The media seems to have dropped it."

Have they found the kids' bodies yet?

by Anonymousreply 21311/20/2013

The entire family's remains were found. Please try to pay attention before you post.

by Anonymousreply 21411/20/2013

They found all the bodies R213 but haven't released any other information. I think they may even have some suspects and are deliberately holding back info.

by Anonymousreply 21511/20/2013

R209, Chase was the only one that took a lie detector test. He also repeatedly bugged Mike, the brother, and the police to check out McStay's house when they first were missing. He helped build the water features, and was instrumental in planning a huge deal with Saudi Arabia. He went bankrupt after the family's disappearance.

Mike McStay immediately took his brother's computer, upon entry of the house through a broken window, and refused to relinquish it to the police. Dan C. was the business partner who withdrew money through pay pal and then sold the business.

by Anonymousreply 21611/20/2013

I think the HLN shows will be all over it once some juicy new details are released, or when someone is arrested. I did hear that both parents' hands were bound, but I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

It is weird how you could get dragged into something like this even if you are innocent. For example Chase Merritt has done some bad things, but even if he isn't involved in the disappearance, he is pretty much screwed because all of his dirty laundry is now on blast. Maybe he just wanted to understate his taxable income, not kill a family of four.

Like when Gary Condit was apparently just having a run-of-the-mill affair with a semi-attractive young girl, and then she turned up dead. He lost his job, his privacy...everything...

I'm not saying what Condit did was right, I'm just saying he didn't deserve what he got.

by Anonymousreply 21711/20/2013

Oh I don't know, R217, Condit was a scumbag whether he killed his mistress or not.

by Anonymousreply 21811/20/2013

[quote]Mike McStay immediately took his brother's computer, upon entry of the house through a broken window, and refused to relinquish it to the police.

That's fishy right there. Why would he not want the police to go through it and look for clues? Sounds like he was covering something his brother may have been doing or he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 21911/20/2013

Seems like there are several shady people connected to the family. But there's a big difference between being shady when it comes to business and money, and being an ice cold killer of parents and small children. I really wonder if anyone will ever be held accountable here.

by Anonymousreply 22011/20/2013

I think the fact that we haven't heard much since they found the remains means they are hot on the trail of some good leads.

You need a body before you can file murder charges, right? There is a likely a lot of evidence on or near the bodies, so hopefully they are knee deep in that stuff.

The good news is that the San Diego PD isn't handling this part of the investigation, since they fucked up the first part so badly. They might be a little worried, too, since their investigative mistakes will be discussed over and over when the truth comes out.

by Anonymousreply 22111/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 22211/20/2013

If 'they' wanted to execute the just execute the family, for revenge or to cover their asses, they would've just offed them in the house.

I'm leaning toward the idea that they needed the husband and/or wife to lead them to either drugs or stashed cash, before they killed them. The kids would've been included whether the killers were family, friends, business partners or drug dealers because the kids either knew them or could possibly identify them.

I'd like to know where their business was in relation to where either the vehicle or bodies were found. If the brother took a computer, it obviously wasn't the only one in the house is they found searches. Was it specifically used for their company? Definitely going to check out websleuths.

by Anonymousreply 22311/20/2013

[quote]You need a body before you can file murder charges, right?

They have the bodies. It's been deemed a homicide. They were tied up and buried. The coroner also has the final say.

by Anonymousreply 22411/20/2013

R223, they were hundreds if miles apart in two different directions.

by Anonymousreply 22511/20/2013

Their vehicle was found near the CA and Mexico border, 4 days after they hastily left their home, and before police were formally notified. It was parked in a common place for those who don't want to buy costly Mexican insurance, and intend to walk across the border.

The bodies were buried in shallow graves hours in the opposite direction, not to far from a major prison, in White trash meth territory.

by Anonymousreply 22611/20/2013

Red herring or relevant? Quote from the DM.

"CPS (Child Protective Services) case... stepfather threatened the McStays over their claims he abused Joseph's eldest son. Stepfather has a record in Orange County California, case number 98WF1745. He said he would file a false charge against them and make sure their kids were taken away."

by Anonymousreply 22711/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 22811/20/2013

R225 Thanks, if you're talking about the distance between where the car was found as opposed to where the bodies were found, I saw that at the DM link. Do you know where the their business office was? I had no luck on websleuths, and really don't have the time right now. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 22911/20/2013

Why didn't they check the pings of the cell phones?

by Anonymousreply 23011/20/2013

R229, The business was home based, likely so that he could write off part of his home and computer as a business expense. Many clients in completely different locales. The father met associates for lunch in favorite local restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 23111/20/2013

Thanks again, R231

by Anonymousreply 23211/20/2013

"The good news is that the San Diego PD isn't handling this part of the investigation, since they fucked up the first part so badly. They might be a little worried, too, since their investigative mistakes will be discussed over and over when the truth comes out."

You have no idea how hard it is to investigate a case like this. People always want someone to blame.

by Anonymousreply 23311/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 23411/21/2013

[quote]You have no idea how hard it is to investigate a case like this. People always want someone to blame

They didn't investigate. They stopped. Their official conclusion was that the family left the country voluntarily. Case closed.

Don't be stupid. This is one of the biggest fuck ups of all time!

by Anonymousreply 23511/21/2013

It's either:

Money, Drugs, Love, Serial Killer, Revenge

It had to be more than on person too.

by Anonymousreply 23611/21/2013

What has the mother of McStay's oldest child said? That's not Summer, that's another boy. Summer hated that child & he's alive today.

by Anonymousreply 23711/21/2013

r238, visit Web Sleuths. They'll set your ass straight.

They fucked up massively. Meanwhile, these people have been rotting out in the desert since 2010, and they closed the book on it.

by Anonymousreply 23911/21/2013

Do you think that investigators really believed the family just took off for Mexico, or was it just a red herring until they uncovered more evidence, like the 4 dead bodies?

Why did Michael McStay advise the police early on to look out in the desert for graves? What did he find on the family computer that he absconded with and refused to relinquish to the police upon their request? Have the frightening threats of the oldest son's stepfather been taken seriously?

by Anonymousreply 24011/21/2013

[quote]Do you think that investigators really believed the family just took off for Mexico

Yes. Almost 4 years later...

[quote]Why did Michael McStay advise the police early on to look out in the desert for graves?

It was a feeling he had. These types of statements were made publicly for years.

[quote]What did he find on the family computer that he absconded with and refused to relinquish to the police upon their request?

You'll have to refresh my memory, do you have a link, because the computers were searched. You can't delete anything even if you tried.

by Anonymousreply 24111/21/2013

I thought Nancy was going to cover this story last night, but it turns out there was another scandal involving a baby buried somewhere.

A military guy and his trashy wife apparently flew the coop with their two children, but once they found the parents in some cheap hotel room they only had one of the kids with them.

They were testing the remains found buried to try and match them up. It seems there is no end to these gruesome stories.

by Anonymousreply 24211/22/2013

Web Sleuths is a pain in the ass to navigate. I went over trying to find info and couldn't find a specific blog and apparently you can't read it unless you join.

by Anonymousreply 24311/22/2013

R243 Apparently the posters over at WebSleuths make the Datalounge look like nursery school.

Get a load of the drama at this seems like "Tricia", one of the owners is getting her ass sued...

by Anonymousreply 24411/22/2013

Websleuths is no shit. They are serious over there and have actually solved some crimes.

To join you can't simply register. You have to email the administrator, but it just takes a couple of days to get on.

It's a black hole of info....a LOT there.

by Anonymousreply 24511/22/2013

Websleuths should have a tv show. Cancel that fat dumb hillbilly fuck, Nancy Grace, and give these people her timeslot stat!

by Anonymousreply 24611/22/2013

What does DL think of the following info, re the oldest son's stepfather, who had repeatedly threatened the McStays:

"Other charges filed against Michael J. McFadden included: 459/460(a) PC - Burglary 07/16/1998 02/25/2000 Dismissed 422 PC - Assault 07/16/1998 02/25/2000 Dismissed 273.5(a) PC - Domestic Violence 07/16/1998 02/25/2000 Dismissed 12022.7(d) PC – Infliction of great bodily injury on a child under the age of five ... 07/16/1998 02/25/2000 Dismissed 422 PC - Assault 07/16/1999 02/25/2000 Dismissed 240 PC - Attempt to inflict violent force on another person. 07/16/1999 02/25/2000 Dismissed 245(a)(1) PC - Assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm 07/16/1998 01/18/2000 Pled Guilty 12022.7(d) PC - Infliction of great bodily injury on a child under the age of five… 07/16/1998 02/25/2000 Dismissed 422 PC – Criminal Terrorist Threat 07/16/1999 01/18/2000 Pled Guilty 664-187 PC - Attempted Murder 07/16/1998 02/25/2000 Dismissed"

by Anonymousreply 24711/22/2013

Wow, R247. I wonder if there's any significance to the July 16 date. Offenses occurred on that date two difference years. All but one charge dismissed. Do you know anything about the incidents?

by Anonymousreply 24811/22/2013

Yikes R247. I'll be placing my money on the stepfather getting arrested. Doesn't look like killing children would be an issue for him.

by Anonymousreply 24911/22/2013

"Websleuths is no shit. They are serious over there and have actually solved some crimes."

They don't solve crimes. Some of the websleuths posters are interesting and intelligent but others are dumb freeper types and hysterical fraus

by Anonymousreply 25011/22/2013

R248, True confession; I cheated by scanning a few pages of others' comments, as I always do on interesting topics, and copied the info. By posting anonymously, someone in the know who doesn't have the authority to make a public statement can communicate, and allow others to speculate and elaborate.

The grandfather has said he has 3 main suspects, and I'm sure McFadden heads his list.

by Anonymousreply 25111/23/2013

It had to be more than one person. You can't control a family of four alone.

by Anonymousreply 25211/23/2013

The lady who owns Websleuths has a weekly True Crime podcast. I just listened to one that featured Rick Baker, the guy who wrote the McStay book. Hearing him speak gave me a much different impression of him than just reading the random comments about his intentions that are all over the web right now. Because his theories in the book were wrong, he removed the book from Amazon, and is offering a full refund for anyone who purchased the book and would like their money back. He feels guilt that his theories (that the McStays vanished voluntarily) helped the real culprit by deflecting attention from them.

His sources have told him that there were three shallow graves found in the desert (rather than the two that have been reported), but one was empty. The empty grave was processed for evidence, however, and the authorities did find evidence there. He also confirmed that both parents' hands were bound, and that the children had been partially unearthed, presumably due to animals.

On the podcast he describes Summer McStay in unflattering terms, including her work with an unscrupulous mortgage refi company known for ripping people off He did admit he never met Summer, though, and says she was "uncomfortable in her own skin".

He gives a play-by-play of how Joseph's family was worried about the McStays, and I got the distinct impression that Mike McStay (the brother) is a piece of shit. He lied about going to check on them when his dad asked him to visit the house, for reasons that are unclear.

I recommend the podcast, but Tricia's co-host (Michael) is annoying and was very rude to the second guest on the podcast episode. (One of the children from Yours, Mine and Ours, who wrote a book about the abusive environment that was not depicted in the Lucille Ball film)

He interrupted him constantly and asked questions that appeared to blame the victim, if that makes sense.

I use the Podcast Addict app on my Galazy. To find the podcast I just typed "True Crime" in the search field and Tricia's podcast was the #1 search result. I raked two bags of leaves this morning while I listened, so the time was not completely wasted.

by Anonymousreply 25311/23/2013

Why would I believe him now? NOW, he has GOOD sources?!

by Anonymousreply 25411/23/2013

Here's the podcast.

by Anonymousreply 25511/23/2013

I know, R254, but after I listened to what he had to say, I have a different opinion of him.

Also, I heard Tricia say on another podcast that Websleuths has received several subpeonas (sp?) over the years for IP addresses of certain posters. The posters apparently gave information that indicated inside knowledge. It is well-known that criminals often re-visit the scene of the crime, so maybe posting on the website is the same type of experience for them.

by Anonymousreply 25611/23/2013

Holy SHIT @ R256 last paragraph

by Anonymousreply 25711/23/2013

Lots of crazies on that website. This is likely a big reason why Websleuths won't allow anonymous posters to comment, and rejects applicants with certain email addresses---I guess the addresses that can't be traced.

by Anonymousreply 25811/23/2013

R253, Until I get a response from my email request, can you keep us updated on Websleuths? I also feel that the brother Mike could have been a stronger advocate when the family first went missing. Why did he remove the computer, let his kids wander around the home which was a possible crime scene, and even know to tell the police to start searching the desert for possible bodies?

Also many tipsters overhear bits of information, or are speculating based on at best third hand knowledge, and would not post if they couldn't stay anonymous. Why risk a valuable source?

by Anonymousreply 25911/23/2013

Rick Baker is a Christian pastor, and his book is published by a Christian publishing company. His other two books are all about Jesus and being saved.

by Anonymousreply 26011/23/2013

So far it seems like the most likely suspects are: the McFadden guy with the rap sheet, Michael McStay, Dan Kavanaugh and Chase M. All seemingly shady. And the wildcard possibility of a stranger(s) - Israel Keyes or some other psychopath. I have a feeling this will be another JonBenet case. Nobody will ever be brought to justice and people will be speculating about it for years to come. But I hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 26111/23/2013

Baker is a shitstain

by Anonymousreply 26211/23/2013

Just remember, those desperate to help the police are usually the culprit.

by Anonymousreply 26311/23/2013

You know that's total nonsense, R263.

by Anonymousreply 26411/23/2013

[quote]Also, I heard Tricia say on another podcast that Websleuths has received several subpeonas (sp?) over the years for IP addresses of certain posters. The posters apparently gave information that indicated inside knowledge. It is well-known that criminals often re-visit the scene of the crime, so maybe posting on the website is the same type of experience for them.

I've wondered if Michelle McNamara's very public interest in the Golden State Killer/East Area Rapist is an attempt to smoke him out. She's done the features for LA Magazine, has a website, has done a Reddit Q&A, and I believe she's writing a book.

by Anonymousreply 26611/23/2013

I have been reading John Douglas' books regarding his criminal profiling work for the FBI. (Recently finished "The Cases that Haunt Us" and am working on "The Anatomy of a Motive".)

When discussing cases he does mention the strategy of working with a journalist to release information in a strategic manner to help solve the case.

Examples of this include publishing the Unabomber's Manifesto in it's entirely in the newspaper (his brother recognized who wrote it immediately) and an arson case in the Seattle area where Douglas released key theories regarding the arsonist and his background. The arsonist's father and brother immediately knew who the guilty party was and worked with the FBI to get a confession without further loss of life.

So what McNamara is doing might indeed be a strategic ruse, although she might want to make money on the book, too. You need to solve the case to have a good ending to the book.

FYI Ann Rule was a struggling Seattle-area single mother who wrote stories for True Crime Magazine decades ago. She volunteered working nights at a domestic abuse hotline and her co-worker was Ted Bundy. (!) They became close friends (a mother-son type of relationship) and he even walked her to her car at night due to the scary murders that were happening in the community. (Ted's doing, of course...)

Once Ted was arrested for murders in Washington, Utah, Colorado, etc, she stayed in touch with him and in the meantime became a celebrated true crime author. Only after Bundy was tried and executed could she finish her book The Killer Beside Me.

Actually she may have finished it after he was convicted, but the version I read was updated with info regarding Ted's execution. Good book, by the way...

Ann Rule was lucky in several different ways...

by Anonymousreply 26711/23/2013

I am now convinced that Israel Keyes did this, just WOW.

by Anonymousreply 26811/24/2013

R268: According to what Keyes told authorities, he did not kill children b/c he had a young daughter. Also, when describing how he targeted houses, he did not go into houses with dogs.

by Anonymousreply 26911/24/2013

Israel Keyes has nothing to do with this.

by Anonymousreply 27011/24/2013

"Also, when describing how he targeted houses, he did not go into houses with dogs."

Maybe he killed them while they were traveling, not at their home...

by Anonymousreply 27111/24/2013

[quote]It had to be more than one person. You can't control a family of four alone.

Sure you can, just bring a gun or grab a kid and hold a knife to his throat. Presto - control.

There may be more than one person involved in these killings but more than one person wasn't necessary.

by Anonymousreply 27211/24/2013

R273, you have to get people controlled in a car. It's just not possible. It was more than one individual.

by Anonymousreply 27311/25/2013

R273, not true.

Israel Keyes took a couple from their home in Vermont at gunpoint in their OWN car while HE drove! He had managed to get them tied up ahead of time. Anyway he killed them both. Acted alone.

by Anonymousreply 27411/25/2013

Was he in the area at the time? What did he do with the bodies?

by Anonymousreply 27511/25/2013

R275 yes he was known to be in the area at the time, and had family in San Diego he frequently visited.

Israel Keyes is honestly the most fascinating serial killer I've ever read about.

Anyway, not to derail the McStay thread, but authorities believe Keyes killed at LEAST 12 people. They could only link him to four, before he committed suicide in jail. He didn't want to tell them all the others, because he wanted to protect his daughter.

When asked why he wouldn't just give up the names of all his victims, he not only said he didn't know all their names, but that most of them were not even high-profile. He was asked, "Well don't you think the families would want to know?" and he answered, "I wouldn't. I'd rather think they had just run away and were on the beach down in Mexico, rather than raped and murdered."

by Anonymousreply 27611/25/2013

I've only just started to read about Israel Keyes since his name came up on this thread, but what I've read is truly chilling. He seemed to have no motive and no special reasons for picking his victims.

For the family and friends of the McStay family I hope he wasn't the killer. I would Imagine it's hard enough to deal with a person, or family, being murdered. It has to be SO much harder to deal with it when the murder is completely random with no motivation.

by Anonymousreply 27711/25/2013

Yep, he just did it for the adrenaline rush and no other reason, but got careless and sloppy at the end.

He was extraordinarily patient, and thought things out VERY well. He would fly, then drive thousands of miles even just to kill people he didn't even know.

What gets me the most is he was said to have had a lot of integrity in his personal life, was a loving father, a good boyfriend, gentle, thoughtful, kind and compassionate with his friends and family. Just bizarre...

by Anonymousreply 27811/25/2013

Home Video

by Anonymousreply 27911/28/2013

Home Video.

by Anonymousreply 28011/28/2013

This seems to be his Youtube account.

by Anonymousreply 28111/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 28211/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 28311/28/2013

R284 meet meds. Meds R284 needs you badly.

by Anonymousreply 28511/29/2013

Things like this pretty much always involve other family.

by Anonymousreply 28711/29/2013

People in the comments on those YouTube clips comment that the wife sounds jumpy and nervous about driving in certain areas. They seemed tense!

by Anonymousreply 28811/29/2013

Wow, it's depressing to watch these vids. It's easy to feel detached just reading about them in the news, but to see and hear them full of life knowing what happened, not long's creepy.

They seem like a completely normal middle class family, though.

by Anonymousreply 28911/29/2013

[quote] a interview

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 29011/29/2013

I'm thinking they willingly went to someone else's house to visit and ended up murdered. I don't think anyone could have killed them in their house. Someone would have heard something, and packing up a car with dead bodies isn't easy. Surveillance cameras caught the car driving away. Why would they bring their kids? Was it someone they knew? Was it a Craigslist dealer? Maybe they couldn't find a babysitter.

by Anonymousreply 29111/29/2013

So how come a "psychic" didn't tell all and sundry about this whole thing right when it happened? All this time the surviving McStay family could have had closure and had their family members buried in the family plot instead of rotting away in shallow graves in the desert.

Besides, if you were truly "psychic" you would be on TV with the rest of the whack-a-doodles saying shit that has the gullibles looking shocked and paying more for more info.

"Psychic," please.

by Anonymousreply 29411/29/2013

Are you saying they were killed when they went to Mexico? They weren't found near Mexico, they were buried outside Victorville.

by Anonymousreply 29711/29/2013

OK, 298, I'll play. Were the McStays becoming close to cult members or were the killings random?

by Anonymousreply 30011/29/2013

They never went to Mexico. They weren't killed in Mexico. They weren't buried in Mexico.

You're a really shitty "psychic" if you can't even keep your "predictions" in line with what is actually known about the case.

Begone, you're either a deliberate fraud or a loon.

by Anonymousreply 30211/29/2013

No worries, R301, there's no chance anyone will ever become a believer in you.

by Anonymousreply 30311/29/2013

OK, 301, why kill them of they were becoming believers? Did you "know" this before the bodies were found.

I'm willing to give you some benefit of the doubt as I know that police agencies do use physics at times.

by Anonymousreply 30411/29/2013

But why would a cult kill them, what was the motive?

by Anonymousreply 30511/29/2013

R304 304 here, giving myself an "oh dear."

by Anonymousreply 30611/29/2013

Kind of crazy how both the McStays and the Jamisons have been found about a week apart.

by Anonymousreply 30711/30/2013

I was just thinking that, R307.

by Anonymousreply 30811/30/2013

[quote]Kind of crazy how both the McStays and the Jamisons have been found about a week apart.

by Anonymousreply 30911/30/2013

Will you stop engaging with the psychic troll?!

by Anonymousreply 31011/30/2013

[quote]I've worked with police before [R285] but I do not seek out public attention.

And by "worked" you mean you sent the cops a bunch of letters and hounded them on the phone to give them your "feelings" about a crime.

Cops don't use psychics. They quit that kind of shit a couple decades ago after they realized that psychics are nothing more than attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 31111/30/2013

There are alot of dangerous underground cults out there. I think the family definitely knew their abductors and were either coerced into leaving or were fleeing. I can't imagine anyone leaving their dogs behind like that without even a phone to get someone to check on the dogs etc.

And I hope they catch the bastard child killing scum that did this. I think it was more than one person involved since it would take 2 to drop off the car near Mexico. Both parents seem shady. Too bad the kids became victims too.

by Anonymousreply 31211/30/2013

There aren't underground cults out there. You're probably sliding into schizophrenia or some other psychosis. Most people who claim to be psychic are suffering from schizophrenia. The slow, insidious type. Try a round of anti-psychotics. Group homes and halfway houses are loaded up with your kind. Figure out the meds or you'll end up there.

by Anonymousreply 31311/30/2013

"Most people who claim to be psychic are suffering from schizophrenia."

No, most are just greedy assholes who want to use their "psychic" powers for $$$$

by Anonymousreply 31411/30/2013

Anyone heard an update?

by Anonymousreply 31512/07/2013

The family is still dead, R315.

by Anonymousreply 31612/07/2013

Why haven't they arrested anyone yet?

Or released information from the autopsies?

What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 31702/06/2014

It appears that the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, who has taken over the case from both San Diego and the FBI, is refusing to make any public statements or release any information relating to their investigation.

by Anonymousreply 31802/06/2014

That whole area is rife with gangs and drug trafficking. I think that would be the likely explanation.

by Anonymousreply 31902/06/2014

[quote]Why haven't they arrested anyone yet?

Um, because they don't know who did it, Einstein.

by Anonymousreply 32002/06/2014

Hello? Did they ever find out more about this? Why havent we heard anything more?

by Anonymousreply 32206/29/2014

CNN is airing a new report about the McStays on Tuesday, July 1 at 9 PM.

by Anonymousreply 32306/29/2014

Here's my opinion:

After recently serving as a juror in a double homicide case in LA, I learned how the Mexican Mafia runs a lot of construction sites / businesses. And does lots of dirty criminal activity from within.

(Example: stealing new appliances from other construction sites, returning them to Home Depot without a receipt for store credit, then using that credit for their own construction needs.)

My opinion now is that the "decorative fountain" business that Mr. McStay was in was connected to a portion of the Mexican Mafia in the SoCal area that dealt in construction.

Who knows what happened from there? But this does scream Mexican Mafia hit. The whole family. The bodies buried in the desert. The lack of any evidence whatsoever - no blood, no screams. This was not just one person. This was not a crime of passion. This was planned and carried out by mulitple people, scary people with weapons that the family feared and obeyed until the shots were fired.

by Anonymousreply 32406/29/2014

I totally agree R324 and why haven't we heard ANYTHING else on are a fool to live so close to Mexico in my opinion

by Anonymousreply 32506/29/2014

Now there are hoards of them that just crossed the border.

by Anonymousreply 32606/29/2014

The Truth Is Out There.......

by Anonymousreply 32706/29/2014

Cement Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 32806/29/2014

I'm McLovin' this thread.

by Anonymousreply 32906/29/2014

Why haven't the results from the autopsies been released yet? It's been 7 months now

by Anonymousreply 33006/29/2014

I blame Taco Bell.

by Anonymousreply 33106/29/2014

You don't release details that only the criminal would know.

by Anonymousreply 33206/29/2014

This story reminds me of the severed head that was found near the Hollywood sign by the dog, the head of the flight attendant. The LA MSM wouldn't say it, and they blamed a gay lover/quarrel - but I thought: Mexican mafia.

by Anonymousreply 33306/29/2014

That head by the Hollywood sign was a spooky story.

by Anonymousreply 33406/29/2014

Thanks for the heads up, r323

by Anonymousreply 33506/29/2014

r335 meet r333.

by Anonymousreply 33606/29/2014

lol R336 Back to The McStay Family - somebody wrote they might have been hiding drugs in the hollow fountains. This seemed plausible to me

by Anonymousreply 33706/29/2014

The ex-husband had repeatedly threatened the entire family. He had been incarcerated in jail about 7 miles from where the bodies were found. No one else known to the entire McStay's family or friends had been in prison.

It was difficult to find the burial site. Only by sheer luck did a random off-road rider notify police of disturbed earth miles from the road. The Mexican Mafia displays their victims' heads or body parts, to instill fear.

by Anonymousreply 33806/30/2014

Wait, there's an ex-husband?

I still think both the W and the H are shady as shit though & I think Mex Mafia got them.

by Anonymousreply 33906/30/2014

R340, It's definitely the ex of Mrs. McStay. The kids would have been able to identify the man, if they had been left behind. Don't forget all 4 were carefully buried in a grave which shows some care for the children.

Jealousy and anger are the motives; the McStay family were living in a beautiful new home and had money in the bank. Police are waiting to find more proof, before arresting the ex. Posters speculate that the older child was not from Mr. McStay's sperm, but from the ex. Forgot if it was the mom's ex-boyfriend or ex-husband. Either way he's ex Marine and a convicted felon.

by Anonymousreply 34006/30/2014

[quote]Wait, there's an ex-husband?

Yeah, that's part of why people kept saying she had a lot of "aliases" -- she had a maiden name, first married name and second married name. People took it to be suspicious but in this day and age, it's pretty common.

by Anonymousreply 34106/30/2014

R341, name changes like that are fairly common among women who have violent, stalkerish exes.

There's a sort of underground railroad who take women to new locations where they can be hidden. One of the first things they do is change their names.

by Anonymousreply 34206/30/2014

R340 that sounds plausibile. So why aren't we being told anything....why no arrest or anything happening? More Illumionati bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 34306/30/2014

R343, Start reading the comments after the CNN article that I linked in my last post. It was the most recent Google entry on this case, and some of the comments appear to be very valid.

A profiler explained that police are silent UNTIL they have arrested a suspect. If they do NOT have enough evidence to easily prosecute, they will delay action. If you read all of the profiler's posts, he explains why the young children were killed, and that they knew their murderer.

by Anonymousreply 34406/30/2014

R343, Comments on the linked CNN article,

"magadog I am a bit of an amateur profiler, read a lot of that stuff. When I read the specifics of this case, two things jumped out at me. The killing of the kids and the way the bodies were disposed of. Cartel? No, would have been slaughtered in the home. No, this was personal and the kids were a major part of it. This was someone that strongly resented the family as a whole, the fact that there was a family. I immediately wondered if the woman in this case did not in fact have a former relationship, one that was dumped, one that strongly resented that which she had created with this new man, family and all. My feeling is he would have despised her new husband and the kids, enough to kill them. And he would have wanted her, but at the same time, felt so betrayed, that she would have to die as well. You are looking for a former boyfriend, probably with a criminal record and who is prone to violence. This person did it.

KTBSN Summer McStay's former boyfriend VJ was rumored to have been the father of the couple's oldest son. There is violence in his background and a criminal history as well. Interesting. Former Marine, convicted felon. You might be on to something.

magadog I would bet green money on him being involved."

by Anonymousreply 34606/30/2014

bumping because the show is on CNN soon

by Anonymousreply 34707/01/2014

Is there any evidence that guy was involved or is this just speculation based on profile ?

by Anonymousreply 34807/01/2014

r348, just speculation. Who would take the word of an "amateur profiler" anyway?

by Anonymousreply 34907/01/2014

by Anonymousreply 35007/02/2014

I have bad feeling about mcStays business partner, and also his brother.Both were a little to quick to raid the cookie jar after McStay's disappearance, Ann the brother was selling personal items from the McStay Home.The brother gives off a creepy vibe.

by Anonymousreply 35107/02/2014

[quote]Why haven't the results from the autopsies been released yet? It's been 7 months now

They don't know how they died. They are just a bunch of bones. They might be able to determine strangulation (if a bone in the neck is broken), shooting (if there is a bullet hole in a bone, or bullets were found around the bones) or bludgeoning (if they have cracked skulls). But more than likely they won't be able to tell the exact cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 35207/02/2014

Why havent we heard anything else?

by Anonymousreply 35310/05/2014

Either there is nothing else to say, or they are still investigating.

I am sure the brother is not yet off the police radar.

by Anonymousreply 35410/05/2014

Some ideas. Starting with the graves. First, all was probably planned very well, even if the graves were shallow.But still its a amateur behavior to make the graves shallow. Most people know that animals will dig the bones up. It seems as the killers wanted to make the whole family vanish….was the third grave for the dogs…? A crime like this has to be based either on deep hate or a lot of money I think. The first question is: Who had a reason to hate the MCStays and the second : What amount of money would make a killer do this crime? If it wasnt drugs what kind of money was it ?

There were no signs of a struggle in the home, so probably it was the family that left in their car in the evening.It was rather late . What could make the family take their small children out on an eveningtrip?

Was it a threat, and if so what kind of? Or were they fooled by someone they knew? If one could get the information when the boys normally went to bed one could make a calculation where they were going if it just was some normal eveningtour and they were hijacked.

And the toys in the car, why were they there? And was the toys the reason why they didnt bring the dogs.? The toys were rather big ones and are not probably not sold by the thousands. It cant be impossible to find out where and when toys like this were sold around the actual days. I think the most important question is: What could make the family take a tour in the evening and do it in a hurry as it seems? A business deal, I doubt, a threat of some kind ..possible, to help someone I doubt…buy a hamburger..I doubt. Who could have the power to threat the MCStays and with what? Money problems ….. some dark secrets? But why bring the children if there was a threat. No, I change my mind…they must have been fooled by someone they knew and trusted .

by Anonymousreply 35510/18/2014

Just some more ideas linked to my earlier message. Im thinking about the toys in the back of the car. Why were they covered? For surprising the kids? To misslead someone ( Like the police)? When were they bought? Two possibilities. A) They were bought by the parents. B) They were bought by someone else. If A : The parents had bought the toys earlier and left them in the car so that the kids shouldnt see them before a certain date. And therefore also covered them. But the kids were so big that they should have seen them and wondered what it was. Or did they buy the toys the evening the family vanished? But it was very late and why bring the children and then cover the toys if it should be a surprise. No thats not the way parents acts….especially not as they seemed to leave in a hurry. If B: The toys were bought by someone else this evening and the family left in a hurry to fetch the toys.Then it must have been by someone very close to the family (or kids) . I dont think they would have left in a hurry for someone else to fetch some toys…….

Either A or B……. AS I wrote in my first message …I thing they have been fooled by someone they knew to leave the house. What other possibilities are there? Someone threatened to come to the house..thats why they left in a hurry? But should they then have left their beloved dogs and used the space in the car for some earlier bought toys….no no. To solve this terrible murder I think the clue is (just) to find the reason to why they left and why in the way they did.

If there isnt some big dark and hidden secret I just cant figure out why they had to leave in a hurry and bringing nothing except some toys… Or was that the reason why they left in a hurry. They should just fetch the toys and the store was about to close and someone they trusted and were close to, told them to hurry up?

by Anonymousreply 35610/18/2014

The Mcstays had bought a house for more than 300 000$, we dont know if they had any loans for the house.They had 100 000$ on their(private?) account. According to their earlier landlord they had problems with paying the rent.There where also people and lawyers chasing them for debts. There are two possibilities: A) They didnt have any money B) They just didnt want to pay cause everything was in a disorder.

But its really astonishing that three months after they moved from the flat ( ( As they didnt have money or managed to pay), they had bought a house for 300 000 and had another 100 000 on their account.

Josephs company was having an order of 500 waterfalls. To run a business of that magnitude you have to have an ability to organize and get things done. People are different in there professional and private lives but its a little remarkable that they after living three months in the house, and having that good economy, had to ask a family friend to come and help with the painting. (Even if the floorworkers had disappeared.) The house seems to be in a total disorder.

Its also strange that Joseph and his business partner didnt have to have a proper signed deal or Ltd with a company selling for millons of dollars.Just a gentlemans agreement!!? Its not very professional. In some site you can find the information…(if its true), that someone had payed 14 000 dollars for a waterfall but hasnt got it delivered. 500×14 000 = 7 million dollars. How come the business partner said that he almost got nothing “over” when he sold the company? Joseph has got hundreds of thousends of dollars from somewhere in a very short time and if it wasnt from drugs why was the company nearly worth nothing when the partner sold it? It seemed to be very profitable if Joseph has got hundreds of thousands of dollars from it. Then the partner also must have got the same as they according to the partner owned 50-50.

I dont know what kind of work Joseph did in this company but there are talk of subcontractors and so it cant be impossible to continue to do business even if Joseph disappeared. No …500 waterfalls ordered and the company is worth nothing?

The Mcstays dogs arent buried together with the family but to me there is a dog buried in this companys economy (as we say in swedish).

The adults always smiles on pictures and films and Josephs brother says they were very happy( more than once) and that he talked to his brother every week about everything. Still Joseph phoned his mother a few days before the disappearance asking for a good family counselor.Do Michael lie about Josephs happiness or was Joseph a “mothers boy” and never told his brother about his problems with Summer? As the house seems to be in a disorder , its not unlikely that this also could be an indication of that Josephs and Summers relation also was.

For me living in northern Scandinavia its also strange that no one , nor mother , father brother nor Summers family seemed to have sent sms or emails asking where the Mcstays have gone. And if the phones were switched off why didnt someone start worrying before?

Joseph was on the phone all the time its said and someone who has a company with big orders coming cant afford to not be able to be reached even being on holiday . ( Michael said they could have taken a long weekend).

I mentioned that someone had payed 14000 dollars in advance without receiving any waterfall. Was that this companys business idea….thats why it didnt continue after Josephs disappearance and thats also the reason why Josephs account was containing a lot of cash?

And could that be the reason why they were murdered….some one is angry , or someone threatened to reveal everything?

In a previous message I said that it couldnt be impossible to find out where the toys where bought , it couldnt have been thousands of them sold close to the disappearance. And if Mcstays (or someone else) used a card , the police must have found it already.but they say they cant figure out where and when its bought…that is..Mcstays (or someone else)must have used cash.

I think there are more than one dog buried in this case…the problem is just to find out ,what kind of…. and who did the digging?

by Anonymousreply 35710/18/2014

Some more thoughts

Maybe the reason was just the company. The company generated and lot of money and had this big order of 500 waterfalls, probably giving the owners a million dollars profit. Someone knew that and wanted Joseph and his family out of the way to get the company for nothing.

Well..thats not an unique idea…so that the police must already have looked into it…or ??????

Does anyone here know who bought the company?

by Anonymousreply 35810/18/2014

lordy you are fascinated!

by Anonymousreply 35910/19/2014

"Arrested in connection with..." doesn't mean he's the lone perpetrator. In fact, he might not even be the triggerman.

by Anonymousreply 36111/07/2014

[quote] I am a bit of an amateur profiler,

Translation: I'm a shut-in

by Anonymousreply 36211/07/2014

Malcolm Gladwell article on the accuracy of "professional" profilers. They may as well be amateur shut ins.

by Anonymousreply 36311/07/2014

Ive read a little of this case and for everyone saying it was Summer's violent douchebag ex - it probably wasn't. This is because the behavior of Joey's brother Mikey and their mom (Susan Blake), not to mention, Chase (now arrested, shortly to go on trial) and Dan K (the dopehead pilfering wigger) has all been so shady, its obvious they are all hiding something. IF any of them had suspected the violent ex, they would have had no problem kicking up a shitstorm about it. Apparently everyone hated Summer, so they were probably ecstatic she was snuffed...but their beloved brother/son and grandsons? No.

Chase Merritt has fired his attorney and is representing himself during the trial. Grab your popcorn folks!

by Anonymousreply 36404/18/2015

Saw the updated documentary on CNN last night. Chilling.

by Anonymousreply 36505/03/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!